Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on oxidative stress in Poland
Topic: oxidative stress
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- WataÅ‚a C, KaÅºmierczak P, Dobaczewski M, Przygodzki T, BartuÅ› M, Åomnicka M, et al. Anti-diabetic effects of 1-methylnicotinamide (MNA) in streptozocin-induced diabetes in rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:86-98 pubmed..Most importantly, chronic treatment with MNA prolonged the long-term survival of diabetic rats. In conclusion, MNA displayed a significant anti-diabetic effect that may be linked to its vasoprotective activity. ..
- Slawinski J. Photon emission from perturbed and dying organisms: biomedical perspectives. Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2005;12:90-5 pubmed..This article presents an overview of the fundamentals of UPE and its relation to physiological processes. ..
- Pawlak K, Kowalewska A, Mysliwiec M, Pawlak D. Kynurenine and its metabolites--kynurenic acid and anthranilic acid are associated with soluble endothelial adhesion molecules and oxidative status in patients with chronic kidney disease. Am J Med Sci. 2009;338:293-300 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that KYN is independently and significantly associated with elevated sICAM-1, whereas oxidative status and platelets independently and significantly predicted increased sVCAM-1 levels in patients with CKD. ..
- Piechota A, PolaÅ„czyk A, Goraca A. Role of endothelin-1 receptor blockers on hemodynamic parameters and oxidative stress. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:28-34 pubmed..This review summarizes recent investigations into the role of endothelin receptor blockers with respect to the modulation of hemodynamic parameters and the generation of free radicals. ..
- Gabryel B, Bielecka A, Bernacki J, Łabuzek K, Herman Z. Immunosuppressant cytoprotection correlates with HMGB1 suppression in primary astrocyte cultures exposed to combined oxygen-glucose deprivation. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:392-402 pubmed
- Pukacka S, Ratajczak E. Antioxidative response of ascorbate-glutathione pathway enzymes and metabolites to desiccation of recalcitrant Acer saccharinum seeds. J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:1259-66 pubmed..The relationship between ascorbate and glutathione metabolism and their relevance during desiccation of recalcitrant Acer saccharinum seeds is discussed. ..
- Miller E, Mrowicka M, Malinowska K, Kędziora J, Majsterek I. [The effects of whole-body cryotherapy and melatonin supplementation on total antioxidative status and some antioxidative enzymes in multiple sclerosis patients]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2011;31:150-3 pubmed..Results of our study indicate significant increase of TAS level in plasma of MS patients of WBCT treatment. This indicate that WBCT might be a therapy which suppress oxidative stress in MS patients. ..
- Gabryel B, Małecki A. Ebselen attenuates oxidative stress in ischemic astrocytes depleted of glutathione. Comparison with glutathione precursors. Pharmacol Rep. 2006;58:381-92 pubmed..Also, promoting GSH synthesis by the delivery of its substrates, like cystine or inhibition of the efflux by methionine may be a powerful strategy to minimize cell damage in the nervous tissue after ischemia. ..
- Piwowar A, Knapik Kordecka M, Szczecińska J, Warwas M. Plasma glycooxidation protein products in type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathy. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2008;24:549-53 pubmed publisher..We can suggest that the AOPP better reflect the progression of kidney damage than AGE in examined diabetic patients. ..
- Zwolinska D, Grzeszczak W, Szczepanska M, Makulska I, Kilis Pstrusinska K, Szprynger K. Oxidative stress in children on peritoneal dialysis. Perit Dial Int. 2009;29:171-7 pubmed..Such low plasma levels of vitamins A, E, and C and simultaneously decreased activity of erythrocyte GSH may be responsible for the increased oxidative stress occurring in children with CKD on PD. ..
- GaÅ‚ecki P, Szemraj J, BieÅ„kiewicz M, Florkowski A, GaÅ‚ecka E. Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection in patients during acute depressive episodes and in remission after fluoxetine treatment. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:436-47 pubmed..Major depressive disorder is accompanied by disturbances in the balance between pro- and anti-oxidative processes; however, these disturbances do not improve in patients in remission after three months of fluoxetine therapy. ..
- Kedzierska M, Olas B, Wachowicz B, Jeziorski A, Piekarski J. Relationship between thiol, tyrosine nitration and carbonyl formation as biomarkers of oxidative stress and changes of hemostatic function of plasma from breast cancer patients before surgery. Clin Biochem. 2012;45:231-6 pubmed publisher..Considering the data presented in this study, we suggest that the oxidative/nitrative stress in breast cancer patients may induce the changes of hemostasis in these patients. ..
- Lipinski P, Drapier J, Oliveira L, Retmańska H, Sochanowicz B, Kruszewski M. Intracellular iron status as a hallmark of mammalian cell susceptibility to oxidative stress: a study of L5178Y mouse lymphoma cell lines differentially sensitive to H(2)O(2). Blood. 2000;95:2960-6 pubmed..Blood. 2000;95:2960-2966) ..
- Winiarska K, Szymanski K, Gorniak P, Dudziak M, Bryla J. Hypoglycaemic, antioxidative and nephroprotective effects of taurine in alloxan diabetic rabbits. Biochimie. 2009;91:261-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, taurine seems to be beneficial for the therapy of both diabetes and diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Miller E, Mrowicka M, Saluk Juszczak J, Ireneusz M. The level of isoprostanes as a non-invasive marker for in vivo lipid peroxidation in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:1012-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that the level of isoprostanes may be used as non-invasive marker for a determination of oxidative stress what in turn, together with clinical symptoms, may determine an specific antioxidative therapy in SPMS patients. ..
- Matusik P, Guzik B, Weber C, Guzik T. Do we know enough about the immune pathogenesis of acute coronary syndromes to improve clinical practice?. Thromb Haemost. 2012;108:443-56 pubmed publisher..This paper provides a comprehensive review of the role of the immune system and inflammation in ACS. ..
- Krakowiak A, Hałatek T, Nowakowska Swirta E, Winnicka R, Politanski P, Swiderska Kiełbik S. Clara Cell protein and myeloperoxidase levels in serum of subjects after exposure to fire smoke. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2013;81:16-23 pubmed..As indicated, acute exposure to smoke induces injury at the alveolar level, which results in a transient increase of CC16 in serum of exposed subjects. ..
- Inkielewicz StÄ™pniak I, Knap N. Effect of exposure to fluoride and acetaminophen on oxidative/nitrosative status of liver and kidney in male and female rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:902-11 pubmed..As expected, the urinary F excretion increased in an exposure time-dependent manner in rats receiving F or a combination of F and AAP. The study also showed that AAP significantly decreased urinary F. ..
- Radomska LeÅ›niewska D, Hevelke A, SkopiÅ„ski P, BaÅ‚an B, JÃ³Åºwiak J, Rokicki D, et al. Reactive oxygen species and synthetic antioxidants as angiogenesis modulators: Clinical implications. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:462-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that therapy in angiogenesis-related diseases should be planned with consideration of the angiogenic status of the patient. ..
- Kwiecien S, Konturek P, Sliwowski Z, Mitis Musiol M, Pawlik M, Brzozowski B, et al. Interaction between selective cyclooxygenase inhibitors and capsaicin-sensitive afferent sensory nerves in pathogenesis of stress-induced gastric lesions. Role of oxidative stress. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;63:143-51 pubmed
- Dietrich Muszalska A, Olas B. The changes of aggregability of blood platelets in schizophrenia. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2009;10:171-6 pubmed..The obtained results indicate that the response of platelets from schizophrenic patients to ADP and collagen is different than in healthy subjects. ..
- Wójcik K, Kaminska A, Blasiak J, Szaflik J, Szaflik J. Oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of keratoconus and Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:19294-308 pubmed publisher..In this review we present some considerations and results of experiments supporting the thesis on the important role of oxidative stress in KC and FECD pathology. ..
- Sadowska Bartosz I, Szewczyk R, Jaremko L, Jaremko M, Bartosz G. Anticancer agent 3-bromopyruvic acid forms a conjugate with glutathione. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:502-5 pubmed publisher..The same conjugate was formed intracellularly in erythrocytes and MCF-7 cells. 3-BP reacts with GSH in the absence of cells and intracellularly. This reaction appears to be the main cause of GSH loss in 3-BP treated cells. ..
- Olas B, Wachowicz B, Stochmal A, Oleszek W. Inhibition of oxidative stress in blood platelets by different phenolics from Yucca schidigera Roezl. bark. Nutrition. 2003;19:633-40 pubmed
- Piechota A, PolaÅ„czyk A, Goraca A. Protective effects of endothelin-A receptor antagonist BQ123 against LPS-induced oxidative stress in lungs. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:494-500 pubmed..Moreover, the dose of 0.5 mg/kg of the antagonist showed to be more effective in decreasing free radical generation and lung edema in endotoxemic rats. ..
- Ionov M, Gordiyenko N, Zukowska I, Tokhtaeva E, Mareninova O, Baram N, et al. Stability and antioxidant activity of gossypol derivative immobilized on N-polyvinylpyrrolidone. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;51:908-14 pubmed publisher..Thus we present that the conjugation of megosin to PVP increase its stability and remain antioxidant activity in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Kleniewska P, Michalska M, GorÄ…ca A. Influence of NADPH oxidase inhibition on oxidative stress parameters in rat hearts. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:898-905 pubmed..Apocynin diminished these measures of oxidative stress and TNF-Î±. ET-1-induced formation of ROS in the heart is at least partially regulated via NADPH oxidase. ..
- Inkielewicz StÄ™pniak I. Impact of fluoxetine on liver damage in rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:441-7 pubmed..Our data also indicate that Flux does not release F(-) during metabolism and does not affect physiological levels of F(-) in the serum or urine. ..
- Działo M, Mierziak J, Korzun U, Preisner M, Szopa J, Kulma A. The Potential of Plant Phenolics in Prevention and Therapy of Skin Disorders. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:160 pubmed publisher..This paper reviews the latest reports on the potential therapy of skin disorders through treatment with phenolic compounds, considering mostly a single specific compound or a combination of compounds in a plant extract. ..
- Siewiera P, Rozalska S, Bernat P. Estrogen-mediated protection of the organotin-degrading strain Metarhizium robertsii against oxidative stress promoted by monobutyltin. Chemosphere. 2017;185:96-104 pubmed publisher..5-fold to 21-fold, depending on the used estrogen. ..
- Kolodziejczyk J, Saluk Juszczak J, Wachowicz B. In vitro study of the antioxidative properties of the glucose derivatives against oxidation of plasma components. J Physiol Biochem. 2011;67:175-83 pubmed publisher..The results obtained from our work indicate that calcium D-glucarate, D-gluconic acid lactone, and sodium D-gluconate may partly protect plasma proteins and lipids against peroxynitrite-induced damages. ..
- GÄ™gotek A, Biernacki M, AmbroÅ¼ewicz E, SuraÅ¼yÅ„ski A, WroÅ„ski A, Skrzydlewska E. The cross-talk between electrophiles, antioxidant defence and the endocannabinoid system in fibroblasts and keratinocytes after UVA and UVB irradiation. J Dermatol Sci. 2016;81:107-17 pubmed publisher..The differences demonstrated in the response of the tested cells to UV irradiation allow for a better understanding of the mechanisms occurring in the human skin, which may be exploited for future therapies in dermatology. ..
- Holownia A, Mroz R, Wielgat P, Skiepko A, Sitko E, Jakubow P, et al. Propofol protects rat astroglial cells against tert-butyl hydroperoxide-induced cytotoxicity; the effect on histone and cAMP-response-element-binding protein (CREB) signalling. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60:63-9 pubmed..These data show that oxidative stress in cultured astroglia significantly affects nuclear CREB and histone proteins and point to the protective role of propofol. ..
- Licznerska K, Nejman FaleÅ„czyk B, Bloch S, Dydecka A, Topka G, GÄ…sior T, et al. Oxidative Stress in Shiga Toxin Production by Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:3578368 pubmed publisher..Finally, the recently proposed biological role of Shiga toxin production is described in this paper, and the "bacterial altruism" and "Trojan Horse" hypotheses, which are connected to the oxidative stress, are discussed. ..
- Nowak J. Oxidative stress, polyunsaturated fatty acids-derived oxidation products and bisretinoids as potential inducers of CNS diseases: focus on age-related macular degeneration. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:288-304 pubmed..A focus is put on vision-threatening disease, i.e., age-related macular degeneration (AMD), as an example of the CNS disorder whose pathogenesis has strong background in both oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation products. ..
- Saluk Juszczak J, Krolewska K, Wachowicz B. (1?3)-?-D-Glucan inhibits a dual mechanism of peroxynitrite stroke. Int J Biol Macromol. 2011;48:488-94 pubmed publisher..Therefore (1?3)-?-D-glucan supplementation during inflammatory may be beneficial not only regard for its ability to stimulate the immune system but also by antioxidative properties. ..
- Miller E, Wachowicz B, Majsterek I. Advances in antioxidative therapy of multiple sclerosis. Curr Med Chem. 2013;20:4720-30 pubmed..Not only would that increase our knowledge about the disease mechanisms but also could help to establish new goals for innovative treatment methods and provide real therapeutic benefits in MS. ..
- Lewinska A, Wnuk M, Grzelak A, Bartosz G. Nucleolus as an oxidative stress sensor in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Redox Rep. 2010;15:87-96 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we employed the PRINS technique to monitor oxidant-mediated changes in the nucleolar structure. Taken together, our results suggest the role of the yeast nucleolus in the response to oxidative stress signals. ..
- Lagowska Lenard M, Stelmasiak Z, Bartosik Psujek H. Influence of vitamin C on markers of oxidative stress in the earliest period of ischemic stroke. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:751-6 pubmed
- Kowalczyk A, JeleÅ„ A, Å»ebrowska M, Balcerczak E, GorÄ…ca A. BQ123 Stimulates Skeletal Muscle Antioxidant Defense via Nrf2 Activation in LPS-Treated Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:2356853 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, endothelin-A receptor antagonism exerts significant impact on the skeletal muscle favouring anti-inflammatory effects and protection against oxidative stress. ..
- Diakowska D, Krzystek Korpacka M, Lewandowski A, Grabowski K, Diakowski W. Evaluation of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine, thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances and total antioxidant status as possible disease markers in oesophageal malignancies. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:796-803 pubmed publisher..High accuracy of oxidative stress markers in indicating cancer presence warrants further investigation on their possible application as discriminatory markers and in monitoring treatment efficacy. ..
- Bajguz A, Hayat S. Effects of brassinosteroids on the plant responses to environmental stresses. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2009;47:1-8 pubmed publisher..This review describes the role of brassinosteroids in response to various kinds of stresses via activation of different mechanisms. ..
- Piechota PolaÅ„czyk A, GorÄ…ca A. Influence of specific endothelin-1 receptor blockers on hemodynamic parameters and antioxidant status of plasma in LPS-induced endotoxemia. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1434-41 pubmed..Blockage of ETA-R improved plasma antioxidant status and decreased lipid peroxidation and TNF-Î± production, but it deteriorated hemodynamic conditions. ..
- Kepinska M, Szyller J, Milnerowicz H. The influence of oxidative stress induced by iron on telomere length. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:931-5 pubmed publisher..Increased level of transferrin saturation is associated with the presence of shorter telomeres in the chromosomes of leukocytes. The relationship between iron status and telomere length is still not fully understood. ..
- Pawlas N, Małecki A. Effects of ebselen on glutathione level in neurons exposed to arachidonic acid and 4-hydroxynonenal during simulated ischemia in vitro. Pharmacol Rep. 2007;59:708-14 pubmed..Ebselen augmented the effect of AA in normoxia and diminished it in ischemia. Effect of 4-hydroxynonenal was similarly modulated by ebselen. ..
- Goraca A, Ciejka E, Piechota A. Effects of extremely low frequency magnetic field on the parameters of oxidative stress in heart. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;61:333-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that effects of ELF-MF on ROS generation in the heart tissue and antioxidant capacity of plasma depend on its working time. ..
- Pekala J, Patkowska Sokoła B, Bodkowski R, Jamroz D, Nowakowski P, Lochyński S, et al. L-carnitine--metabolic functions and meaning in humans life. Curr Drug Metab. 2011;12:667-78 pubmed
- Nawrocka D, Kornicka K, Szydlarska J, Marycz K. Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor Inhibits Apoptosis and Promotes Proliferation of Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Isolated from Patients with Type 2 Diabetes by Reducing Cellular Oxidative Stress. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:3027109 pubmed publisher..Therefore our results provide a support for bFGF as a potential therapeutic agent for improving stem cell-based approaches for the treatment of diabetes mellitus and its complications. ..
- Gałecki P, Talarowska M, Bobinska K, Kowalczyk E, Gałecka E, Lewinski A. Thiol protein groups correlate with cognitive impairment in patients with recurrent depressive disorder. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2013;34:780-6 pubmed..3) The elevated levels of plasma TPGs are related to impairment of the short-term and delayed declarative memory, verbal fluency and working memory. ..
- WoÅºniak B, WoÅºniak A, Mila Kierzenkowska C, Kasprzak H. Correlation of Oxidative and Antioxidative Processes in the Blood of Patients with Cervical Spinal Cord Injury. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:6094631 pubmed publisher..CK in blood plasma after the surgery was 34% lower (P â‰¤ 0.001) than before it. CSCI is accompanied by oxidative stress. Surgical and pharmacological treatment helps to restore the oxidant-antioxidant balance. ..
- Kleniewska P, Piechota Polanczyk A, Michalski L, Michalska M, Balcerczak E, Zebrowska M, et al. Influence of block of NF-kappa B signaling pathway on oxidative stress in the liver homogenates. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2013;2013:308358 pubmed publisher..05), while BAY 11-7082 decreased TNF- ? concentration (P < 0.01). Inhibition of IkB ? before ET-1 administration downregulated gene expression of p21-cip but had no effect on p65. ..
- Holownia A, Mroz R, Noparlik J, Chyczewska E, Braszko J. Expression of CREB-binding protein and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma during formoterol or formoterol and corticosteroid therapy of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;59 Suppl 6:303-9 pubmed..CREB-binding protein (CBP; protein and mRNA) levels were significantly lower in F/ICS patients. These changes indicate increased anti-inflammatory signaling in F/ICS-treated patients and seem to be beneficial. ..
- Kleniewska P, Piechota A, Skibska B, Goraca A. The NADPH oxidase family and its inhibitors. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2012;60:277-94 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current state of knowledge of the structure and functions of NADPH oxidase and NADPH oxidase inhibitors in the treatment of disorders with endothelial damage. ..
- Rozalski R, Migdalski A, Gackowski D, Guz J, Siomek A, Foksinski M, et al. Does morphology of carotid plaque depend on patient's oxidative stress?. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1030-1035 pubmed publisher..The plaque formation/morphology may depend on local environment and is independent of oxidative stress/inflammation observed on the level of the whole body. ..
- Kaminski K, Bonda T, Wojtkowska I, Dobrzycki S, Kralisz P, Nowak K, et al. Oxidative stress and antioxidative defense parameters early after reperfusion therapy for acute myocardial infarction. Acute Card Care. 2008;10:121-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, there is a slightly higher concentration of oxidative stress parameters in patients with STEMI. Diminished antioxidative defense after reperfusion is associated with impaired myocardial perfusion. ..
- Soltys D, Gniazdowska A, Bogatek R. Inhibition of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) root growth by cyanamide is not always accompanied with enhancement of ROS production. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e23994 pubmed publisher..Roots of tomato seedling treated with water solution of 1.2 mM cyanamide did not exhibit elevated reactive oxygen species concentration during the whole culture period. ..
- Dietrich Muszalska A, Kontek B. Lipid peroxidation in patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2010;64:469-75 pubmed publisher..It seems that second-generation antipsychotics (olanzapine and risperidone) are not responsible for increase of plasma lipid peroxidation. ..
- Kubasik Juraniec J, Knap N. The effect of fasting on the ultrastructure of the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus in young rats. Folia Morphol (Warsz). 2009;68:113-8 pubmed..Moreover, an increased serum level of 8-isoprostanes, being a reliable marker of total oxidative stress in the body, was observed in both fasting groups of rats as compared to the control...
- Kedzierska M, Olas B, Wachowicz B, Stochmal A, Oleszek W, Erler J. Changes of platelet antioxidative enzymes during oxidative stress: the protective effect of polyphenol-rich extract from berries of Aronia melanocarpa and grape seeds. Platelets. 2011;22:385-9 pubmed publisher..Comparative studies indicate that the two tested plant extracts had similar antioxidative properties, and were found to be more reactive in blood platelets than the solution of resveratrol. ..
- Bielarczyk H, Tomaszewicz M, Madziar B, Cwikowska J, Pawełczyk T, Szutowicz A. Relationships between cholinergic phenotype and acetyl-CoA level in hybrid murine neuroblastoma cells of septal origin. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:717-21 pubmed..Thus, the sensitivity of cholinergic neurons to pathologic conditions may depend on the cholinergic phenotype-dependent availability of acetyl-CoA. ..
- Friedman A, Arosio P, Finazzi D, Koziorowski D, Galazka Friedman J. Ferritin as an important player in neurodegeneration. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2011;17:423-30 pubmed publisher..We discuss the importance of the ratio H/L ferritin and its changes in neurodegeneration. ..
- Karbownik Lewińska M, Szosland J, Kokoszko Bilska A, Stepniak J, Zasada K, Gesing A, et al. Direct contribution of obesity to oxidative damage to macromolecules. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2012;33:453-61 pubmed..Consistently, LPO did constitute the only independent determinant of obesity. Overweight and obesity in adults are directly associated with increased oxidative damage to macromolecules. ..
- Przygodzki T, Sokal A, Bryszewska M. Calcium ionophore A23187 action on cardiac myocytes is accompanied by enhanced production of reactive oxygen species. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1740:481-8 pubmed..Their effect appeared to be independent of phospholipase A(2) inhibition, suggesting that COX and LOX stimulation is not due to elevated substrate (arachidonic acid) concentration but rather to a direct effect of calcium. ..
- Skarpanska Stejnborn A, Pilaczynska Szczesniak L, Basta P, Deskur Smielcka E, Horoszkiewicz Hassan M. The influence of supplementation with artichoke (Cynara scolymus L.) extract on selected redox parameters in rowers. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2008;18:313-27 pubmed
- Bijak M, Kolodziejczyk Czepas J, Ponczek M, Saluk J, Nowak P. Protective effects of grape seed extract against oxidative and nitrative damage of plasma proteins. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;51:183-7 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in this study indicate that components of the grape seed extract posses antioxidative properties and may be promising substances for the creation of new dietary supplements. ..
- Bartosz G. Reactive oxygen species: destroyers or messengers?. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:1303-15 pubmed publisher..Restoration of proper ROS signaling, especially inhibition of cellular sources of ROS, may thus provide new ways of therapy. ..
- Gasiorowski K, Lamer Zarawska E, Leszek J, Parvathaneni K, Yendluri B, Błach Olszewska Z, et al. Flavones from root of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi: drugs of the future in neurodegeneration?. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2011;10:184-91 pubmed..This concise review provides the main examples of neuroprotective activities of the flavones and reveals their potential in prevention and therapyof neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- ZiemiÅ„ska E, Stafiej A, ToczyÅ‚owska B, Lazarewicz J. Synergistic neurotoxicity of oxygen-glucose deprivation and tetrabromobisphenol A in vitro: role of oxidative stress. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1166-78 pubmed..1 mM ascorbic acid or 1 mM glutathione ameliorated this toxicity. These results suggest the involvement of oxidative stress in the synergistic neurotoxic effects of TBBPA and OGD. ..
- Kuklinska A, Mroczko B, Musial W, Usowicz Szarynska M, Sawicki R, Borowska H, et al. Diagnostic biomarkers of essential arterial hypertension: the value of prostacyclin, nitric oxide, oxidized-LDL, and peroxide measurements. Int Heart J. 2009;50:341-51 pubmed..29, P = 0.02). Of all the biomarkers prostacyclin and oxidized-LDL had the best diagnostic value for patients with hypertension. ..
- Piechota A, Goraca A. Influence of nuclear factor-?B inhibition on endothelin-1 induced lung edema and oxidative stress in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62:183-8 pubmed..It successfully prevents lung edema as well as ROS and TNF-? overproduction. Our results also highlight the important role of the NF-?B pathway in ET-1 induced lung injury and ROS overproduction. ..
- Ignatowicz E, WoÅºniak A, Kulza M, SeÅ„czuk PrzybyÅ‚owska M, Cimino F, Piekoszewski W, et al. Exposure to alcohol and tobacco smoke causes oxidative stress in rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:906-13 pubmed..The obtained results suggest that in the ethanol-addicted rats combined exposure to smoke and alcohol differentially modulate endogenous antioxidant defense system and reactions to oxidative stress. ..
- Rokicki W, Zalejska Fiolka J, Pojda Wilczek D, Hampel A, Majewski W, Ogultekin S, et al. Differences in serum oxidative status between glaucomatous and nonglaucomatous cataract patients. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:13 pubmed publisher..048) however, Cu,Zn-SOD was not. Glaucoma patients presented elevated mean TOS (p = 0.016). Both groups presented with comparable TAC. Systemic redox balance of cataract patients was significantly altered in the course of glaucoma. ..
- Olas B, Saluk Juszczak J, Pawlaczyk I, Nowak P, Kolodziejczyk J, Gancarz R, et al. Antioxidant and antiaggregatory effects of an extract from Conyza canadensis on blood platelets in vitro. Platelets. 2006;17:354-60 pubmed
- Sieradzki A, Yendluri B, Palacios H, Parvathaneni K, Reddy V, Obrenovich M, et al. Implication of oncogenic signaling pathways as a treatment strategy for neurodegenerative disorders - contemporary approaches. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2011;10:175-83 pubmed..The purpose of this paper is to outline areas of research related to oncogenic factors or medicines in the context of potential applications for future treatment of the above mentioned chronic and, largely, incurable diseases. ..
- Sommerfeld K, ZieliÅ„ska Psuja B, Przystanowicz J, KowalÃ³wka Zawieja J, OrÅ‚owski J. Effect of 4-methylpyrazole on antioxidant enzyme status and lipid peroxidation in the liver of rats after exposure to ethylene glycol and ethyl alcohol. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1547-53 pubmed..The changes in biomarkers activity indicate a greater production of free radicals which exceeds the capability of antioxidant system, appearing with oxidative stress in the group of animals treated by 4-MP combined with EG and EA. ..
- Kucinska M, Piotrowska H, Luczak M, Mikula Pietrasik J, Ksiazek K, Wozniak M, et al. Effects of hydroxylated resveratrol analogs on oxidative stress and cancer cells death in human acute T cell leukemia cell line: prooxidative potential of hydroxylated resveratrol analogs. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;209:96-110 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we elucidated the mechanisms responsible for cytotoxicity of hydroxylated resveratrol analogs in leukemia cells which may also apply to other polyphenols. ..
- Kasperczyk A, Dobrakowski M, Czuba Z, Kapka Skrzypczak L, Kasperczyk S. Influence of iron on sperm motility and selected oxidative stress parameters in fertile males - a pilot study. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2016;23:292-6 pubmed publisher..In fertile males, iron may negatively affect sperm motility and elevate oxidative stress intensity. Iron additionally modulates the levels of several cytokines in human semen. ..
- Czarny P, Kasprzak E, Wielgorski M, Udziela M, Markiewicz B, Blasiak J, et al. DNA damage and repair in Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:2977-83 pubmed publisher..The results obtained suggest that the lowering of the DNA repair capacity may be one of the mechanisms underlying the role of oxidative stress in the FECD pathology. ..
- Zembron Lacny A, Slowinska Lisowska M, Ziemba A. Integration of the thiol redox status with cytokine response to physical training in professional basketball players. Physiol Res. 2010;59:239-45 pubmed
- Kuklinska A, Mroczko B, Musial W, Sawicki R, Kozieradzka A, Usowicz Szarynska M, et al. Influence of atorvastatin on blood pressure control in treated hypertensive, normolipemic patients - An open, pilot study. Blood Press. 2010;19:260-6 pubmed publisher..However, because of the open design of the study, these results should be carefully debated. ..
- KukliÅ„ska A, Mroczko B, MusiaÅ‚ W, Sawicki R, Kozieradzka A, Usowicz SzaryÅ„ska M, et al. Hypotensive effect of atorvastatin is not related to changes in inflammation and oxidative stress. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:883-90 pubmed..This effect was not followed by significant changes in hs-CRP, TAS or Oxystat concentrations. The hypotensive effect of atorvastatin did not depend on anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative or hypolipemic actions. ..
- Razny U, Kiec Wilk B, Wator L, Polus A, Dyduch G, Solnica B, et al. Increased nitric oxide availability attenuates high fat diet metabolic alterations and gene expression associated with insulin resistance. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2011;10:68 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that increased NO availability attenuates some HFD induced alterations in metabolism and gene expression associated with insulin resistance. ..