Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on oxidative stress in China
Topic: oxidative stress
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Yu H, Liu Z, Zhou H, Dai W, Chen S, Shu Y, et al. JAK-STAT pathway modulates the roles of iNOS and COX-2 in the cytoprotection of early phase of hydrogen peroxide preconditioning against apoptosis induced by oxidative stress. Neurosci Lett. 2012;529:166-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that JAK-STAT pathway modulates the roles of iNOS and COX-2 in the cytoprotection of early phase of H(2)O(2) preconditioning. ..
- Huang W, Sun R. [Study on analgesic and accompanying toxic and side effects of euodiae fructus based on clinical efficacy dose]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2013;38:2176-81 pubmed..Its analgesic mechanism is related to the reduction of PGE, content in blood, while its toxic mechanism is related to oxidative injury to some extent. ..
- Zheng L, Zou T, Ma Y, Wang J, Zhang Y. Antioxidant and DNA Damage Protecting Activity of Exopolysaccharides from the Endophytic Bacterium Bacillus cereus SZ1. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..Our study indicated that the EPS could be useful for preventing oxidative DNA damage and cellular oxidation in pharmaceutical and food industries. ..
- Lu Z, Zhang Y, Gao Y, Liu B, Sun X, He F, et al. Effects of pyrogallic acid on Microcystis aeruginosa: oxidative stress related toxicity. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;132:413-9 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa. These results suggested DNA strands and cell membrane were two targets of ROS induced by PA, and oxidative damage was an important mechanism for the toxicity of PA against M. aeruginosa. ..
- Sheng R, Gu Z, Xie M, Zhou W, Guo C. EGCG inhibits cardiomyocyte apoptosis in pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy and protects cardiomyocytes from oxidative stress in rats. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:191-201 pubmed..Also, EGCG prevented cardiomyocyte apoptosis from oxidative stress in vitro. The mechanism might be related to the inhibitory effects of EGCG on p53 induction and bcl-2 decrease. ..
- Lam J, Ip M. Sleep & the metabolic syndrome. Indian J Med Res. 2010;131:206-16 pubmed..This article reviews the current knowledge of the relationship between sleep disturbances, sleep-disordered breathing and the metabolic syndrome in adults. ..
- Lau W, Chan S, Law A, Ip M, Mak J. The role of MAPK and Nrf2 pathways in ketanserin-elicited attenuation of cigarette smoke-induced IL-8 production in human bronchial epithelial cells. Toxicol Sci. 2012;125:569-77 pubmed publisher..This may open up new perspectives in the development of novel therapeutic targets in the treatment of cigarette smoke-related COPD. ..
- Fu Z, Li S, Kociok N, Wong D, Chung S, Lo A. Aldose reductase deficiency reduced vascular changes in neonatal mouse retina in oxygen-induced retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:5698-712 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicated that AR deficiency reduced retinal vascular changes in the mouse model of OIR, indicating that AR can be a potential therapeutic target in ischemia-induced retinopathy. ..
- Jia Z, Dong A, Che H, Zhang Y. 17-DMAG Protects Against Hypoxia-/Reoxygenation-Induced Cell Injury in HT22 Cells Through Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 Pathway. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:95-102 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the findings of our study thus demonstrate that 17-DMAG protects against H/R-induced HT22 cell injury through Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway, which may be associated with its antiapoptotic and antioxidative stress effects. ..
- Liu P, Su J, Song X, Wang S. Activation of nuclear ?-catenin/c-Myc axis promotes oxidative stress injury in streptozotocin-induced diabetic cardiomyopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1573-1580 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that activated nuclear ?-catenin/c-Myc axis was responsible for oxidative cardiac impairment of DCM. Therefore, repressing functional nuclear ?-catenin may provide a hopeful therapeutic strategy for DCM...
- Jia M, Yang T, Yao X, Meng J, Meng J, Mei Q. [Anti-oxidative effect of Angelica polysaccharide sulphate]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2007;30:185-8 pubmed..3 -100microg/ml, APS significantly increased cell viabilty, GSH and SOD activity,while decreased MDA in a dose dependent manner( P < 0. 05 or P <0.01). APS has anti-oxidative effect,which may be one of its anti-AIDS mechanisms. ..
- Cui J, Le G, Yang R, Shi Y. Lipoic acid attenuates high fat diet-induced chronic oxidative stress and immunosuppression in mice jejunum: a microarray analysis. Cell Immunol. 2009;260:44-50 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that a HFD can induce chronic oxidative stress, suppress signal transduction of gut-associated lymphocytes, and lead to an inhibition of mucosal immunity...
- Ye R, Yang Q, Kong X, Han J, Zhang X, Zhang Y, et al. Ginsenoside Rd attenuates early oxidative damage and sequential inflammatory response after transient focal ischemia in rats. Neurochem Int. 2011;58:391-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrated that Rd exerts neuroprotection in transient focal ischemia, which may involve early free radicals scavenging pathway and a late anti-inflammatory effect. ..
- Liu J, Liu D, Wang N, Lin H, Mei X. Possible role for the thioredoxin system in the protective effects of probucol in the pancreatic islets of diabetic rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2011;38:528-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, probucol shows promise as a supplemental therapy for islet protection in Type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Wang L, Huang Y, Yan C, Wei X, Hou J, Pu J, et al. N-acetylcysteine Ameliorates Prostatitis via miR-141 Regulating Keap1/Nrf2 Signaling. Inflammation. 2016;39:938-47 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-141 inhibitor could reduce the effect of NAC on prostatitis. NAC ameliorates the carrageenan-induced prostatitis and prostate inflammation pain through miR-141 regulating Keap1/Nrf2 signaling. ..
- Zou X, Li P, Huang Q, Zhang H. The different response mechanisms of Wolffia globosa: Light-induced silver nanoparticle toxicity. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;176:97-105 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that environmental factors regulate the physiological responses of plants to AgNPs through distinct mechanisms. ..
- Wu C, Zhang Y, Chai L, Wang H. Histological changes, lipid metabolism and oxidative stress in the liver of Bufo gargarizans exposed to cadmium concentrations. Chemosphere. 2017;179:337-346 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, the present study is the first to report the influence of cadmium on hepatic lipid metabolism in B. gargarizans and will greatly provide new insights into cadmium hepatotoxicity in amphibian. ..
- Tang X, Liu X, Tian Q, Zhang W. Dynamic oxidative stress and DNA damage induced by oestrogen deficiency and protective effects of puerarin and 17?-oestradiol in ovariectomized rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2012;111:87-91 pubmed publisher..Puerarin appeared to have a more powerful protective effect on DNA oxidative damage than E?. The study indicates that postmenopausal women may benefit from phytoestrogen puerarin. ..
- Liu C, Yu J, Zhang X, Fu W, Wang T, Han J. Acupuncture prevents cognitive deficits and oxidative stress in cerebral multi-infarction rats. Neurosci Lett. 2006;393:45-50 pubmed..The findings demonstrate that acupuncture can exert beneficial effects on spatial memory and antioxidant status of cerebral multi-infarction rats. ..
- Xu N, Zhang S, Dong L, Nie J, Tong J. Proteomic analysis of lung tissue of rats exposed to cigarette smoke and radon. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2009;72:752-8 pubmed publisher..The identified proteins and peptides might be potential diagnostic markers of lung impairment induced by radon and cigarette smoke exposure...
- Lam P, Ko K. (-)Schisandrin B ameliorates paraquat-induced oxidative stress by suppressing glutathione depletion and enhancing glutathione recovery in differentiated PC12 cells. Biofactors. 2011;37:51-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that (-)Sch B treatment may increase the resistance of dopaminergic cells against PQ-induced oxidative stress through reducing the extent of oxidant-induced GSH depletion and enhancing the subsequent GSH recovery. ..
- Chen K, Yan B, Wang F, Wen F, Xing X, Tang X, et al. Type 1 5'-deiodinase activity is inhibited by oxidative stress and restored by alpha-lipoic acid in HepG2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:496-501 pubmed publisher..All these results indicate that the oxidative stress downregulates the conversion of T4 to T3 through DIO1 function in HepG2 cells. ..
- Li N, Kong X, Ye R, Yang Q, Han J, Xiong L. Age-related differences in experimental stroke: possible involvement of mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative damage. Rejuvenation Res. 2011;14:261-73 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrial protection could be a promising target for neuroprotective therapy, especially in the aged population. ..
- Li Z, Liu J, Hu J, Li X, Wang S, Yi D, et al. Protective effects of hyperoside against human umbilical vein endothelial cell damage induced by hydrogen peroxide. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;139:388-94 pubmed publisher..In addition, Hyp induced the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 in HUVECs. These observations provide preliminary evidence that Hyp protects HUVECs against H(2)O(2) damage, at least partially, by activating the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Liu S, Wang F, Yan L, Zhang L, Song Y, Xi S, et al. Oxidative stress and MAPK involved into ATF2 expression in immortalized human urothelial cells treated by arsenic. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:981-9 pubmed publisher..ROS were also involved in arsenic induced the activation of JNK and p38 MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Ni S, Wang D, Qiu X, Pang L, Song Z, Guo K. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells protect against bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in rat by activating Nrf2 signaling. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:7752-61 pubmed..The present study provides evidence that BMSCs may be a potential therapeutic reagent for the treatment of lung fibrosis. ..
- Li Y, Wang H, Liu J, Li N, Wang Y, Wang W, et al. Characterization of Prohibitins in Male Reproductive System and their Expression under Oxidative Stress. J Urol. 2016;195:1160-7 pubmed publisher..It lays the foundation forÂ further functional studies and provides potential therapeutic targets for infertility induced by oxidative stress. ..
- Cui Z, Yin J, Wang L, He L, Yin Y, Li T. Effects of pro-inflammatory cytokines and antioxidants expression in the jejunum of mice induced by hydrogen peroxide. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;31:9-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that intragastric administration of 3% H2O2 induces relatively stable oxidative stress in the jejunum. ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Li L, Hu W, Qu Y, Ding Y, et al. Hepatoprotective Effects of Antrodia cinnamomea: The Modulation of Oxidative Stress Signaling in a Mouse Model of Alcohol-Induced Acute Liver Injury. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:7841823 pubmed publisher..This may be associated with Akt/NF-?B signaling. These results provide valuable evidence to support the use of A. cinnamomea as a functional food and/or medicine. ..
- Zhang L, Yu H, Zhao X, Lin X, Tan C, Cao G, et al. Neuroprotective effects of salidroside against beta-amyloid-induced oxidative stress in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells. Neurochem Int. 2010;57:547-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that salidroside has protective effects against Abeta(25-35)-induced oxidative stress, which might be a potential therapeutic agent for treating or preventing neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Shuxian W, Jianteng W, Tianbao L. Susceptibility of a Vibrio alginolyticus rpoS mutant to environmental stresses and its expression of OMPs. J Basic Microbiol. 2012;52:467-76 pubmed publisher..8 times as that of the control strain. In addition, the SDS-PAGE analysis indicated that the outer membrane proteins (OMPs) existed great differences. ..
- Zhang B, Li X, Chen D, Wang J. Effects of 1-octyl-3-methylimidazolium bromide on the antioxidant system of Lemna minor. Protoplasma. 2013;250:103-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ROS might be involved in the mechanism of ionic liquid-induced toxicity in L. minor...
- Hao H, Shao Z, Tang D, Lu Q, Chen X, Yin X, et al. Preventive effects of rutin on the development of experimental diabetic nephropathy in rats. Life Sci. 2012;91:959-67 pubmed publisher..Those results suggest that rutin can prevent the development of experimental DN in rats. ..
- Zeng X, Li X, Zhang Q, Liu Q, Li L, Xiong Y, et al. Tert-Butylhydroquinone Protects Liver Against Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Rats Through Nrf2-Activating Anti-Oxidative Activity. Transplant Proc. 2017;49:366-372 pubmed publisher..t-BHQ exerted potent anti-inflammatory effects in I/R-induced liver injury, and tBHQ would be a new effectively therapeutic measure for preventing hepatic I/R injury during liver surgery. ..
- Pan J, He S, Xu H, Zhan X, Yang X, Xiao H, et al. Oxidative stress disturbs energy metabolism of mitochondria in ethanol-induced gastric mucosa injury. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:5857-67 pubmed..Ethanol-induced gastric mucosa injury is related to oxidative stress, which disturbs energy metabolism of mitochondria and plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of ethanol-induced gastric mucosa injury. ..
- Xue H, Gao G, Lin Q, Jin L, Xu Y. Protective effects of aucubin on H?O?-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells. Phytother Res. 2012;26:369-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that aucubin is a potential protective agent for the treatment of oxidative-stress-induced neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Cai Q, Li B, Gao H, Zhang J, Wang J, Yu F, et al. Grape seed procyanidin b2 inhibits human aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration induced by advanced glycation end products. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1692-7 pubmed..GSPB2 may therefore have therapeutic potential in preventing and treating vascular complications of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Chen Y, Liu Q, Yue X, Meng Z, Liang J. Ultrasonic vibration seeds showed improved resistance to cadmium and lead in wheat seedling. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013;20:4807-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that ultrasonic vibration can alleviate the toxicological effect induced by heavy mental. ..
- Sun M, Shen W, Zhong M, Wu P, Chen H, Lu A. Nandrolone attenuates aortic adaptation to exercise in rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;97:686-95 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that nandrolone attenuates aortic adaptations to exercise by regulating mitochondrial dynamic remodelling, including down-regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis and intensive autophagy. ..
- Liu G, Cheresh P, Kamp D. Molecular basis of asbestos-induced lung disease. Annu Rev Pathol. 2013;8:161-87 pubmed publisher..g., asbestosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis), tumors, and aging, for which effective management is lacking. ..
- Wei J, Yuan X, Zhang J, Wei J. Caspase activity and oxidative stress of granulosa cells are associated with the viability and developmental potential of vitrified immature oocytes. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;198:22-6 pubmed publisher..Genistein is superior to Z-VAD-FMK in improving the efficacy of immature oocyte vitrification. ..
- Huang M, Liu W, Li Q, Wu C. Endogenous released ascorbic acid suppresses ethanol-induced hydroxyl radical production in rat striatum. Brain Res. 2002;944:90-6 pubmed..These results provide first evidence that release of endogenous ascorbic acid in the striatum plays an important role in preventing oxidative stress by trapping hydroxyl radical in the central nervous system. ..
- Wu Y, Piao D, Han X, Nan J. Protective effects of salidroside against acetaminophen-induced toxicity in mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1523-9 pubmed
- Xiang J, Zhu W, Li Z, Ling S. Effect of juice and fermented vinegar from Hovenia dulcis peduncles on chronically alcohol-induced liver damage in mice. Food Funct. 2012;3:628-34 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that both of the juice and fermented vinegar from Hovenia dulcis peduncles have beneficial effects in reducing the adverse effect of alcohol...
- Wu B, Cui H, Peng X, Fang J, Zuo Z, Deng J, et al. Dietary nickel chloride induces oxidative intestinal damage in broilers. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:2109-19 pubmed publisher..The oxidative damage might be a main mechanism on the effects of NiCl2 on the intestinal health of broilers. ..
- Zhu B, Yin L, Zhang J. Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in varicocele patients: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:18851-8 pubmed publisher..More attention should be drawn to oxidative stress-related pathological manifestations for Caucasian varicocele patients. ..
- Wang C, Wang Z, Xie J, Wang T, Wang X, Xu Y, et al. Dl-3-n-butylphthalide-induced upregulation of antioxidant defense is involved in the enhancement of cross talk between CREB and Nrf2 in an Alzheimer's disease mouse model. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;38:32-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Dl-NBP may be a useful agent for the treatment of AD. ..
- Chen H, Song Q, Diao X, Zhou H. Proteomic and metabolomic analysis on the toxicological effects of Benzo[a]pyrene in pearl oyster Pinctada martensii. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:81-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results demonstrated a number of potential biomarkers that were characterized by an integrated proteomic and metabolomic approach and provided a useful insight into the toxicological effects on pearl oyster P. martensii. ..
- Li B, Ma Y, Zhang Y. Oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity in the frog, Rana chensinensis, when exposed to low doses of trichlorfon. J Environ Sci Health B. 2017;52:476-482 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that low doses of trichlorfon could induce oxidative stress, lipid peroxidation, and hepatic lesions in frogs, which shows that even lower, non-lethal doses of trichlorfon are potentially toxic to amphibians. ..
- Li C, Yang B, Xu Z, Boivin E, Black M, Huang W, et al. Protective effect of cyanidin-3-O-glucoside on neonatal porcine islets. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:237-249 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that C3G has a beneficial effect on NPI through the activation of ERK1/2- and PI3K/AKT-induced NRF2-mediated HO1 signaling pathway. ..
- Qin X, Li Y, Liang X, Wang P, Hai C. The dysfunction of ATPases due to impaired mitochondrial respiration in phosgene-induced pulmonary edema. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:150-5 pubmed..These results indicate that mitochondrial respiration is the target of phosgene. The dysfunction of ATPases due to impaired mitochondrial respiration may be a new mechanism of phosgene-induced pulmonary edema. ..
- Tian X, Yung L, Wong W, Liu J, Leung F, Liu L, et al. Bone morphogenic protein-4 induces endothelial cell apoptosis through oxidative stress-dependent p38MAPK and JNK pathway. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012;52:237-44 pubmed publisher..JNK siRNA inhibited BMP4-induced JNK phosphorylation and caspase-3 activation. The present study delineates that BMP4 causes EC apoptosis through activation of caspase-3 in a ROS/p38MAPK/JNK-dependent signaling cascade. ..
- Zhou F, Zhong W, Xue J, Gu Z, Xie M. Reduction of rat cardiac hypertrophy by osthol is related to regulation of cardiac oxidative stress and lipid metabolism. Lipids. 2012;47:987-94 pubmed
- Shi G, Yu Q, Shi L, Zhang Z. Molecular cloning and characterization of peroxiredoxin 4 involved in protection against oxidative stress in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Insect Mol Biol. 2012;21:581-92 pubmed publisher..Our data provide clues for the development of control technology for agricultural and forestry pests as the silkworm is a representative of lepidopteran pests...
- Yao L, Zhang J, Liu X. NDRG2: a Myc-repressed gene involved in cancer and cell stress. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:625-35 pubmed..This review summarizes the recent studies on the structure, tissue distribution and functions of NDRG2 that try to show its significance in studying cancer and its therapeutic potential. ..
- Zhang J, Guo Q, Feng Y, Li F, Gong J, Fan Z, et al. Manipulation of monoubiquitin improves salt tolerance in transgenic tobacco. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2012;14:315-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, improved tolerance to a combination of stresses was also observed in the sense transgenic tobacco plants. These findings imply that Ub is involved in the tolerance of plants to abiotic stress. ..
- Qiu Q, Liu Y, Song Q, Ge Y, Hong G, Lu Z, et al. [Effects of hemoperfusion on oxidative stress, matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in acute paraquat poisoning rabbits]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2012;30:89-96 pubmed..So HP treatment could play a role in rescuing the PQ poisoning and protecting the organs function. ..
- Wu Y, Wu T, Xu B, Xu X, Chen H, Li X, et al. Protocatechuic acid inhibits osteoclast differentiation and stimulates apoptosis in mature osteoclasts. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;82:399-405 pubmed publisher..The present findings shows evidence that, protocatechuic acid prevents osteoclast differentiation through regulating oxidative stress, inflammation and inducing apoptosis in RAW264.7 murine macrophage cells. ..
- Chiu P, Leung H, Siu A, Chen N, Poon M, Ko K. Long-term treatment with a Yang-invigorating Chinese herbal formula produces generalized tissue protection against oxidative damage in rats. Rejuvenation Res. 2008;11:43-62 pubmed..The generalized tissue protection afforded by long-term VI-28 treatment may have clinical implications in the prevention of age-related diseases, and VI-28 treatment may possibly delay the aging process. ..
- Zhou D, Zhang J, Wang H. Assessment of the potential reproductive toxicity of long-term exposure of adult male rats to low-dose formaldehyde. Toxicol Ind Health. 2011;27:591-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the level of 0.5 mg/m³ can be considered as a safe level for FA exposure, but long-term FA exposure at a dose of 2.46 mg/m³ has a harmful effect on male reproduction by inducing oxidative stress in male rats. ..
- Liu L, Liu Z, Chen H, Zhang G, Kong Y, Kang X. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein and ?-glycerophosphate synergistically induce endothelial progenitor cell ossification. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:1491-7 pubmed publisher..In all these effects, ox-LDL acted synergistically with ?-GP. Ox-LDL and ?-GP synergistically induce ossification of BMEPCs, in which an oxidizing mechanism is involved. ..
- Zhu T, Wang X, Luo W, Zhang Q, Huang T, Xu X, et al. Protective effects of urate against 6-OHDA-induced cell injury in PC12 cells through antioxidant action. Neurosci Lett. 2012;506:175-9 pubmed publisher..Urate treatment could be a potential therapeutic strategy for PD...
- Zhou X, Li C, Xu W, Chen J. Trimetazidine protects against smoking-induced left ventricular remodeling via attenuating oxidative stress, apoptosis, and inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40424 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that trimetazidine protects against smoking-induced left ventricular remodeling via attenuating oxidative stress, apoptosis, and inflammation. ..
- Wang F, Li C, Liu W, Jin Y. Effect of exposure to volatile organic compounds (VOCs) on airway inflammatory response in mice. J Toxicol Sci. 2012;37:739-48 pubmed..Our findings suggest that NO signaling pathways may induce airway inflammatory in short term VOCs exposure mice and the airway inflammatory response may be modulated by neurological signaling. ..
- Du J, Xiong D, Zhang Q, Li X, Liu X, You H, et al. Mono-butyl phthalate-induced mouse testis injury is associated with oxidative stress and down-regulated expression of Sox9 and Dazl. J Toxicol Sci. 2017;42:319-328 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that oxidative stress and down-regulated expression of Sox9 and Dazl may play important roles in MBP-induced testis injury. ..
- Dou Y, Shen H, Feng D, Li H, Tian X, Zhang J, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6 participates in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats through inhibiting autophagy and promoting oxidative stress. J Neurochem. 2017;142:478-492 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicated that TRAF6 affected the degree of EBI after SAH by inhibiting autophagy and promoting oxidative stress. ..
- Zhang J, Yan H, Lou M. Does oxidative stress play any role in diabetic cataract formation? ----Re-evaluation using a thioltransferase gene knockout mouse model. Exp Eye Res. 2017;161:36-42 pubmed publisher..However, these changes were only marginally higher in the TTase KO mouse than that of the WT control, suggesting that TTase deletion may only play a minor role in the early stage of hyperglycemia-induced cataract formation in the mice. ..
- Yuan H, Zhao J, Wang M, Khan S, Zhai C, Xu Q, et al. Benzophenone glycosides from the flower buds of Aquilaria sinensis. Fitoterapia. 2017;121:170-174 pubmed publisher..Aquilasides B and C displayed moderate cytotoxicity against SK-MEL cells with IC50 of 17.0 and 12.0?M and weak NF-?B inhibitive activity at 100?M with 30% and 60%, respectively. ..
- Wang K, Zhu X, Zhang K, Zhou F, Zhu L. Neuroprotective effect of tetramethylpyrazine against all-trans-retinal toxicity in the differentiated Y-79 cells via upregulation of IRBP expression. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:120-128 pubmed publisher..The present study significantly contributes to better understanding the important role of IRBP in retinal degenerative diseases and forms the basis of the therapeutic development of TMP in such diseases in the future. ..
- Liu S, Yin T, Wei X, Yi W, Qu Y, Liu Y, et al. Downregulation of adiponectin induced by tumor necrosis factor ? is involved in the aggravation of posttraumatic myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury. Crit Care Med. 2011;39:1935-43 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic approaches blocking tumor necrosis factor ? production or restoring adiponectin might have prophylactic value against secondary myocardial ischemic injury after a primary nonlethal mechanical trauma. ..
- Xiang Q, Liu Z, Wang Y, Xiao H, Wu W, Xiao C, et al. Carnosic acid attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in rats via fortifying cellular antioxidant defense system. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;53:1-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggests that CA successfully and dose dependently attenuates LPS-induced hepatotoxicity possibly by preventing cytotoxic effects of oxygen free radicals, NO and cytokines. ..
- Liu Y, Ji Y, Li X, Tian K, Young C, Lou H, et al. Retigeric acid B-induced mitophagy by oxidative stress attenuates cell death against prostate cancer cells in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:1183-91 pubmed publisher..RAB induces mitochondrial damage and mitophagy that attenuates RAB-induced prostate cancer cell death. Thus, suppression of mitophagy might be a potential strategy for improving the chemotherapeutic effects of RAB. ..
- Cai W, Liang L, Wang L, Han J, Zhu X, Han H, et al. Inhibition of Notch signaling leads to increased intracellular ROS by up-regulating Nox4 expression in primary HUVECs. Cell Immunol. 2014;287:129-35 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results have shown that Notch signaling regulates ROS generation by suppressing Nox4, and further modulates endothelial cell proliferation, migration and adhesion. ..
- Li W, Zhang R, Guo J, Shao H, Yang X. Protective effect of R. glutinosa oligosaccharides against high L-carnitine diet-induced endothelial dysfunction and hepatic injury in mice. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:285-93 pubmed publisher..These findings for the first time suggest that RFOs may alleviate endothelial dysfunction and liver injury from ingestion of high l-carnitine diet. ..
- Shi Z, Feng P, Jiang D, Wang X. Mistletoe alkali inhibits peroxidation in rat liver and kidney. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:4052-5 pubmed..To explore the antioxidant and free radical scavenger properties of mistletoe alkali (MA)...
- Zheng W, Zhao Y, Zhang M, Wei Z, Miao K, Sun W. Oxidative stress response of Inonotus obliquus induced by hydrogen peroxide. Med Mycol. 2009;47:814-23 pubmed publisher..Enhanced production of melanins is the most important non-enzymatic response of this fungus against oxidative stress. ..
- Aldarmaa J, Liu Z, Long J, Mo X, Ma J, Liu J. Anti-convulsant effect and mechanism of Astragalus mongholicus extract in vitro and in vivo: protection against oxidative damage and mitochondrial dysfunction. Neurochem Res. 2010;35:33-41 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the anti-convulsant effects of AM extract may be mediated by its protective actions against oxidative damage and amelioration of mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Yan Y, Yang J, Mou Y, Wang L, Zhang H, Wu C. Possible metabolic pathways of ethanol responsible for oxidative DNA damage in human peripheral lymphocytes. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:1-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ethanol-induced DNA damage can be auto-repaired by human peripheral lymphocytes possibly mediated by the BER system. ..