Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ovary in United States
Locale: United States
- Lenz C, Wysokinski W, Henkin S, Cohoon K, Casanegra A, Simmons B, et al. Ovarian Vein Thrombosis: Incidence of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism and Survival. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:1127-1135 pubmed publisher..To identify the risk of venous thromboembolism recurrence, major bleeding, and mortality in patients with ovarian vein thrombosis so as to better define optimal treatment strategies...
- Moffatt Blue C, Sury J, Young K. Short photoperiod-induced ovarian regression is mediated by apoptosis in Siberian hamsters (Phodopus sungorus). Reproduction. 2006;131:771-82 pubmed..These data indicate that SD exposure rapidly induces follicular apoptosis in Siberian hamsters, which ultimately disrupts both estradiol secretion and folliculogenesis, resulting in the seasonal loss of ovarian function...
- Arn E, Cha B, Theurkauf W, Macdonald P. Recognition of a bicoid mRNA localization signal by a protein complex containing Swallow, Nod, and RNA binding proteins. Dev Cell. 2003;4:41-51 pubmed..The presence of three required localization components (Swallow, Modulo, and specific RNA binding activity) within the recognition complex strongly implicates it in mRNA localization. ..
- Mason D, Fleming R, Goldfarb D. Drosophila melanogaster importin alpha1 and alpha3 can replace importin alpha2 during spermatogenesis but not oogenesis. Genetics. 2002;161:157-70 pubmed..These rescue experiments suggest that male and female gametogenesis have distinct requirements for importin alpha2. ..
- Risma K, Clay C, Nett T, Wagner T, Yun J, Nilson J. Targeted overexpression of luteinizing hormone in transgenic mice leads to infertility, polycystic ovaries, and ovarian tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:1322-6 pubmed
- Bleil M, Gregorich S, McConnell D, Rosen M, Cedars M. Does accelerated reproductive aging underlie premenopausal risk for cardiovascular disease?. Menopause. 2013;20:1139-46 pubmed publisher..Future longitudinal studies are needed to determine whether this association may be mediated by body mass index. ..
- Aqeilan R, Hagan J, de Bruin A, Rawahneh M, Salah Z, Gaudio E, et al. Targeted ablation of the WW domain-containing oxidoreductase tumor suppressor leads to impaired steroidogenesis. Endocrinology. 2009;150:1530-5 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the essential requirement for the Wwox tumor suppressor in proper steroidogenesis. ..
- Yeh J, Kim B, Peresie J. Protection against cisplatin-induced ovarian damage by the antioxidant sodium 2-mercaptoethanesulfonate (mesna) in female rats. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;198:463.e1-6; discussion 463.e6-7 pubmed publisher..Alternative medical means to protect ovaries during chemotherapy may be achievable. ..
- Pejovic T, Yates J, Liu H, Hays L, Akkari Y, Torimaru Y, et al. Cytogenetic instability in ovarian epithelial cells from women at risk of ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9017-25 pubmed..Inherited mutations that result in tissue-specific FANCD2 gene suppression may represent a cause of familial ovarian cancer. ..
- El Zowalaty A, Li R, Zheng Y, Lydon J, DeMayo F, Ye X. Deletion of RhoA in Progesterone Receptor-Expressing Cells Leads to Luteal Insufficiency and Infertility in Female Mice. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2168-2178 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights into mechanisms of progesterone insufficiency. ..
- Lavoie H, DeSimone D, Gillio Meina C, Hui Y. Cloning and characterization of porcine ovarian estrogen receptor beta isoforms. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:616-23 pubmed..ER beta is abundant in porcine ovary, and a naturally occurring splice variant missing exon 5 may have biological function. ..
- Whitney M, Royle G, Low M, Kelly M, Axthelm M, Reifsteck C, et al. Germ cell defects and hematopoietic hypersensitivity to gamma-interferon in mice with a targeted disruption of the Fanconi anemia C gene. Blood. 1996;88:49-58 pubmed..Progenitor cells from fac knock-out mice were hypersensitive to interferon gamma. This previously unrecognized phenotype may form the basis for BM failure in human FA. ..
- Long G. Apparent mesonephric duct (rete anlage) origin for cysts and proliferative epithelial lesions in the mouse ovary. Toxicol Pathol. 2002;30:592-8 pubmed..These mesonephric duct remnants appear to be a common source of ovarian and parovarian cyts cysts and epithelial neoplasms of the ovary in mice...
- Ko Y, Choi I, Green M, Simmen F, Simmen R. Transient expression of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene in elongating porcine blastocysts is correlated with uterine insulin-like growth factor levels during peri-implantation development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1994;37:1-11 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Villeneuve L, Wang R, Bencic D, Biales A, Martinovic D, Lazorchak J, et al. Altered gene expression in the brain and ovaries of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to the aromatase inhibitor fadrozole: microarray analysis and hypothesis generation. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1767-82 pubmed publisher..These hypotheses and others derived from the microarray results provide a foundation for future studies aimed at understanding responses of the HPG axis to EACs and other chemical stressors. ..
- Edwards T, Miller H, Guillette L. Water quality influences reproduction in female mosquitofish (Gambusia holbrooki) from eight Florida springs. Environ Health Perspect. 2006;114 Suppl 1:69-75 pubmed..Specifically, we provide evidence that maternal support of the embryo occurs at least during the first two thirds of gestation and that female fecundity is affected by an apparent tradeoff between embryo size and embryo number. ..
- Johnson M, Nagengast A, Salz H. PPS, a large multidomain protein, functions with sex-lethal to regulate alternative splicing in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000872 pubmed publisher..Loss of zygotic PPS function, however, is lethal to both sexes, indicating that its role may be of broad significance. ..
- Carbajal L, Biswas A, Niswander L, Prizant H, Hammes S. GPCR/EGFR cross talk is conserved in gonadal and adrenal steroidogenesis but is uniquely regulated by matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in the ovary. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1055-65 pubmed publisher..These results may have implications with regard to EGFR inhibitor use in various cancers as well as in polycystic ovarian syndrome, where excess LH-driven ovarian androgen production might be controlled by MMP2/9 inhibition. ..
- Matsumoto H, Ma W, Smalley W, Trzaskos J, Breyer R, Dey S. Diversification of cyclooxygenase-2-derived prostaglandins in ovulation and implantation. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1557-65 pubmed
- Lader E, Ha H, O Neill M, Artzt K, Bennett D. tctex-1: a candidate gene family for a mouse t complex sterility locus. Cell. 1989;58:969-79 pubmed..The aberrant expression of tctex-1 is solely dependent on the t haplotype genes and occurs only in germ cells. The chromosomal location and pattern of expression of tctex-1 make it a candidate for involvement in male sterility. ..
- Link P, Zhang W, Odunsi K, Karpf A. BORIS/CTCFL mRNA isoform expression and epigenetic regulation in epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Immun. 2013;13:6 pubmed..Finally, the expression of all BORIS isoform families was induced to varying extents by epigenetic modulatory drugs in EOC cell lines, particularly when DNMT and HDAC inhibitors were used in combination. ..
- Enders G, May J. Developmentally regulated expression of a mouse germ cell nuclear antigen examined from embryonic day 11 to adult in male and female mice. Dev Biol. 1994;163:331-40 pubmed..Thus, GCNA1 serves as a common marker of the germ cell lineage in male and female mice after primordial germ cells arrive in the gonadal ridge until they reach the diplotene/dictyate stage of the first meiotic division. ..
- Birt J, Taylor K, Davis J, Sharpe Timms K. Developmental exposure of fetal ovaries and fetal germ cells to endometriosis in an endometriosis model causes differential gene expression in the preimplantation embryos of the first-generation and second-generation embryos. Fertil Steril. 2013;100:1436-43 pubmed publisher
- Shahed A, Young K. Differential ovarian expression of KiSS-1 and GPR-54 during the estrous cycle and photoperiod induced recrudescence in Siberian hamsters (Phodopus sungorus). Mol Reprod Dev. 2009;76:444-52 pubmed publisher..Transient increases in KiSS-1/GPR54 expression following LD stimulation are also suggestive of possible involvement in ovulation and/or restoration of ovarian function...
- Madill J, Mullen N, Harrison B. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: a potentially fatal complication of early pregnancy. J Emerg Med. 2008;35:283-6 pubmed publisher..This case report provides an overview of clinical features and emergent management of OHSS...
- Curry T, Wheeler S. Cellular localization of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the rat ovary throughout pseudopregnancy. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:1943-51 pubmed..The distinct pattern of expression of the three TIMPs suggests that each inhibitor may regulate either the site and extent of proteolytic action or specific matrix metalloproteinases at different periods of the luteal life span. ..
- Mahakali Zama A, Hudson F, Bedell M. Analysis of hypomorphic KitlSl mutants suggests different requirements for KITL in proliferation and migration of mouse primordial germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2005;73:639-47 pubmed..This study illustrates the usefulness of an allelic series of mutations to dissect developmental processes and suggests that these mutants may be useful for further studies of molecular mechanisms of KITL functions in gametogenesis. ..
- Nilsson E, Skinner M. Bone morphogenetic protein-4 acts as an ovarian follicle survival factor and promotes primordial follicle development. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1265-72 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that BMP-4 plays an important role in promoting the survival and development of primordial follicles in the neonatal ovary. ..
- Saunders C, Cohen R. Double FISH and FISH-fluorescence immunolocalization procedures for whole-mount Drosophila ovaries. Biotechniques. 1999;26:186-8 pubmed
- Ma X, Hayes E, Prizant H, Srivastava R, Hammes S, Sen A. Leptin-Induced CART (Cocaine- and Amphetamine-Regulated Transcript) Is a Novel Intraovarian Mediator of Obesity-Related Infertility in Females. Endocrinology. 2016;157:1248-57 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that, under obese conditions, CART acts as a local mediator of leptin in the ovary to cause ovarian dysfunction and reduced fertility. ..
- Chinchar V, Logue O, Antao A, Chinchar G. Channel catfish reovirus (CRV) inhibits replication of channel catfish herpesvirus (CCV) by two distinct mechanisms: viral interference and induction of an anti-viral factor. Dis Aquat Organ. 1998;33:77-85 pubmed
- Burke G, Strand M. Deep sequencing identifies viral and wasp genes with potential roles in replication of Microplitis demolitor Bracovirus. J Virol. 2012;86:3293-306 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that amplification of proviral DNAs for packaging into BV virions may depend upon the replication machinery of wasps...
- Peluso J. Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) regulation of the plasma membrane calcium ATPase (PMCA) as part of an anti-apoptotic mechanism of action. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:1363-9 pubmed..The ability of bFGF to stimulate calcium efflux involved the plasma membrane calcium ATPase (PMCA). Interestingly, bFGF-activated PKCdelta appeared to regulate PMCA activity in part by promoting its membrane localization. ..
- Gui L, Bigler S, Subramony C. Lymphangioma of the pancreas with "ovarian-like" mesenchymal stroma: a case report with emphasis on histogenesis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003;127:1513-6 pubmed..Lymphangioma of the pancreas may arise from distension of these lymphatic channels. Pancreatic lymphangioma may, therefore, be a developmental anomaly rather than a true neoplasm...
- Badger W, De E, Kaufman R. Robotically assisted excision of ovarian vein for intermittent ureteral obstruction. JSLS. 2008;12:166-8 pubmed..Although open and laparoscopic surgical management of intermittent ureteral obstruction from ovarian vein syndrome has been reported previously, we report the first use of robotic assistance for ureterolysis and ovarian vein excision...
- Nallamothu G, Woolworth J, Dammai V, Hsu T. Awd, the homolog of metastasis suppressor gene Nm23, regulates Drosophila epithelial cell invasion. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1964-73 pubmed publisher..This is a rare example demonstrating the relevance of a metastasis suppressor gene function utilized in a developmental process involving cell invasion. ..
- Chakraborty I, Das S, Wang J, Dey S. Developmental expression of the cyclo-oxygenase-1 and cyclo-oxygenase-2 genes in the peri-implantation mouse uterus and their differential regulation by the blastocyst and ovarian steroids. J Mol Endocrinol. 1996;16:107-22 pubmed..Overall, the results suggest that the uterine COX-1 gene is influenced by ovarian steroids, while the COX-2 gene is regulated by the implanting blastocyst during early pregnancy. ..
- Jin Z, Xie T. Dcr-1 maintains Drosophila ovarian stem cells. Curr Biol. 2007;17:539-44 pubmed..Furthermore, Dcr-1 is also essential for the maintenance of SSCs in the Drosophila ovary. Our data suggest that miRNAs produced by Dcr-1 are required for maintaining two types of stem cells in the Drosophila ovary. ..
- Roff D, Fairbairn D. Laboratory evolution of the migratory polymorphism in the sand cricket: combining physiology with quantitative genetics. Physiol Biochem Zool. 2007;80:358-69 pubmed..These results demonstrate the power of combining quantitative genetic and physiological approaches for understanding the evolution of complex traits. ..
- Jaskiewicz E, Zhu G, Bassi R, Darling D, Young W. Beta1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase (GM2 synthase) is released from Golgi membranes as a neuraminidase-sensitive, disulfide-bonded dimer by a cathepsin D-like protease. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26395-403 pubmed..Biol. Chem. 264, 14159-14164). These findings suggest that GalNAcT is converted from a membrane-bound to a soluble form as a result of cleavage by a cathepsin D-like protease in a compartment late in the Golgi secretory pathway. ..
- Rosenfeld C, Roberts R, Lubahn D. Estrogen receptor- and aromatase-deficient mice provide insight into the roles of estrogen within the ovary and uterus. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;59:336-46 pubmed..The data obtained have confirmed some older inferences about how the steroid acts, but have also revealed some unexpected aspects of estrogen action. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 59:336-346, 2001. ..
- Sim C, Denlinger D. A shut-down in expression of an insulin-like peptide, ILP-1, halts ovarian maturation during the overwintering diapause of the mosquito Culex pipiens. Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:325-32 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with a role for insulin-like peptide-1 in the signalling pathway leading from the perception of short day-lengths to the shut-down in JH production that characterizes adult diapause in C. pipiens...
- Gillio Meina C, Hui Y, Lavoie H. Expression of CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins alpha and beta in the porcine ovary and regulation in primary cultures of granulosa cells. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1194-204 pubmed..The differential expression of specific CEBPA/B isoforms observed in maturing follicles and CL may contribute to changes in follicular cell differentiation and increasing steroidogenic capacity. ..
- Nothnick W. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) deficient mice display reduced serum progesterone levels during corpus luteum development. Endocrinology. 2003;144:5-8 pubmed..These observations suggests that expression of TIMP-1 during early luteal development may participate in regulation of progesterone production via its ability to regulate ovarian MMP activity. ..
- Pamidimukkala J, Xue B, Newton L, Lubahn D, Hay M. Estrogen receptor-alpha mediates estrogen facilitation of baroreflex heart rate responses in conscious mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H1063-70 pubmed..These observations suggest an important role for ERalpha subtype in the central modulation of baroreflex responses. Lastly, estrogen did not significantly affect reflex tachycardic responses to SNP in both WT and ERalphaKO mice. ..
- Bhandari R, Sadler Riggleman I, Clement T, Skinner M. Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor TCF21 is a downstream target of the male sex determining gene SRY. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19935 pubmed publisher..Therefore, SRY acts directly on the Tcf21 promoter to in part initiate a cascade of events associated with Sertoli cell differentiation and embryonic testis development. ..
- Peluso J. Non-genomic actions of progesterone in the normal and neoplastic mammalian ovary. Semin Reprod Med. 2007;25:198-207 pubmed
- White F, Wettemann R, Looper M, Prado T, Morgan G. Seasonal effects on estrous behavior and time of ovulation in nonlactating beef cows. J Anim Sci. 2002;80:3053-9 pubmed..Time of ovulation relative to the onset of estrus is constant during all seasons and averages 31.1 h. ..
- Nothnick W, Soloway P, Curry T. Assessment of the role of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) during the periovulatory period in female mice lacking a functional TIMP-1 gene. Biol Reprod. 1997;56:1181-8 pubmed..In addition, TIMP-1 exhibits steroidogenic activity in vitro, but no evidence was found for regulation of steroidogenesis in vivo. ..
- Lee H, Maihle N. Isolation and characterization of four alternate c-erbB3 transcripts expressed in ovarian carcinoma-derived cell lines and normal human tissues. Oncogene. 1998;16:3243-52 pubmed..It is, therefore, possible that the products of these four alternate c-erbB3 transcripts may also play important growth regulatory roles in normal and transformed cells. ..
- Gawriluk T, Hale A, Flaws J, Dillon C, Green D, Rucker E. Autophagy is a cell survival program for female germ cells in the murine ovary. Reproduction. 2011;141:759-65 pubmed publisher..Thus autophagy appears to be a cell survival mechanism to maintain the endowment of female germ cells prior to establishing primordial follicle pools in the ovary. ..
- Chen L, Wang R, Lee Y, Liu N, Chang Y, Wu C, et al. Subfertility with defective folliculogenesis in female mice lacking testicular orphan nuclear receptor 4. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:858-67 pubmed publisher..Modulation of TR4 expression and/or activation via its upstream signals or unidentified ligand(s) might allow us to develop small molecule(s) to control folliculogenesis. ..
- Fulop C, Szanto S, Mukhopadhyay D, Bardos T, Kamath R, Rugg M, et al. Impaired cumulus mucification and female sterility in tumor necrosis factor-induced protein-6 deficient mice. Development. 2003;130:2253-61 pubmed..These results provide clear evidence that TNFIP6 is a key catalyst in the formation of the cumulus extracellular matrix and indispensable for female fertility. ..
- Barnard D, Xue R. Bloodmeal mass and oviparity mediate host avidity and DEET repellency in Aedes albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae). J Med Entomol. 2009;46:1235-9 pubmed..albopictus. The repellency of DEET to partially blood fed female mosquitoes depended on oviparity status and host avidity with repellent failure soonest in partially blood fed nullipars. ..
- Peters G, Seachrist D, Keri R, Sen G. The double-stranded RNA-binding protein, PACT, is required for postnatal anterior pituitary proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:10696-701 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a physiologically significant role for PACT in cell proliferation and an essential role of a dsRNA-binding protein in mammalian pituitary expansion. ..
- Li F, Liu J, Park E, Jo M, Curry T. The B cell translocation gene (BTG) family in the rat ovary: hormonal induction, regulation, and impact on cell cycle kinetics. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3894-902 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the induction of the BTG family may be important for theca and granulosa cell differentiation into luteal cells by arresting cell cycle progression. ..
- Maines J, Stevens L, Tong X, Stein D. Drosophila dMyc is required for ovary cell growth and endoreplication. Development. 2004;131:775-86 pubmed..In summary, dMyc plays an essential role in promoting the rapid growth that must occur in both the germline and the surrounding follicle cells for oogenesis to proceed. ..