Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ornithine in Japan
- Li M, Nakajima T, Fukushige T, Kobayashi K, Seiler N, Saheki T. Aberrations of ammonia metabolism in ornithine carbamoyltransferase-deficient spf-ash mice and their prevention by treatment with urea cycle intermediate amino acids and an ornithine aminotransferase inactivator. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1455:1-11 pubmed
- Sawada H, Suzuki F, Matsuda I, Saitou N. Phylogenetic analysis of Pseudomonas syringae pathovars suggests the horizontal gene transfer of argK and the evolutionary stability of hrp gene cluster. J Mol Evol. 1999;49:627-44 pubmed
- Sawada H, Kanaya S, Tsuda M, Suzuki F, Azegami K, Saitou N. A phylogenomic study of the OCTase genes in Pseudomonas syringae pathovars: the horizontal transfer of the argK-tox cluster and the evolutionary history of OCTase genes on their genomes. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:437-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, the horizontal gene transfer and the genomic rearrangement were proven to have played an important role in the pathogenic differentiation and diversification of P. syringae...
- Zhang G, Kimura S, Murao K, Shimizu J, Matsuyoshi H, Takaki M. Role of neuronal NO synthase in regulating vascular superoxide levels and mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81:389-99 pubmed publisher..The generated O2(-) may react with NO to form peroxynitrite (ONOO(-)). Both O2(-) and ONOO(-) participate in Ang II-induced activation of vascular MAPK. ..
- Ho Y, Nakato J, Mizushige T, Kanamoto R, Tanida M, Akiduki S, et al. l-Ornithine stimulates growth hormone release in a manner dependent on the ghrelin system. Food Funct. 2017;8:2110-2114 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, intraduodenally administered l-Orn stimulates GH secretion through the sympathetic nervous and ghrelin systems. ..