Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on oocytes in Germany
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Lerche C, Seebohm G, Wagner C, Scherer C, Dehmelt L, Abitbol I, et al. Molecular impact of MinK on the enantiospecific block of I(Ks) by chromanols. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;131:1503-6 pubmed..5 fold). This could indicate that MinK does not directly take part in chromanol binding but acts allosterically to facilitate drug binding to the principal subunit KCNQ1. ..
- Derst C, Hirsch J, Preisig M ller R, Wischmeyer E, Karschin A, D ring F, et al. Cellular localization of the potassium channel Kir7.1 in guinea pig and human kidney. Kidney Int. 2001;59:2197-205 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Kir7.1 may contribute to basolateral K(+) recycling in the proximal tubule and in the thick ascending limb...
- Maljevic S, Lerche C, Seebohm G, Alekov A, Busch A, Lerche H. C-terminal interaction of KCNQ2 and KCNQ3 K+ channels. J Physiol. 2003;548:353-60 pubmed..Our results indicate that specific parts of the C-terminus enable the interaction between KCNQ2 and KCNQ3 channels and that different parts of the KCNQ3 C-terminus are important for regulating current amplitude. ..
- Thomas D, Zhang W, Wu K, Wimmer A, Gut B, Wendt Nordahl G, et al. Regulation of HERG potassium channel activation by protein kinase C independent of direct phosphorylation of the channel protein. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;59:14-26 pubmed..The molecular mechanisms of this PKC-dependent process are not completely understood but do not depend on direct PKC-dependent phosphorylation of the channel. ..
- Renigunta V, Yuan H, Zuzarte M, Rinné S, Koch A, Wischmeyer E, et al. The retention factor p11 confers an endoplasmic reticulum-localization signal to the potassium channel TASK-1. Traffic. 2006;7:168-81 pubmed..Thus, the cytosolic protein p11 may represent a 'retention factor' that causes localization of the channel to the ER. ..
- Lawrenz B, Jauckus J, Kupka M, Strowitzki T, von Wolff M. Efficacy and safety of ovarian stimulation before chemotherapy in 205 cases. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:2871-3 pubmed publisher..Within a short time frame of 2 weeks, between 8.6 (18-25 y) and 5.1 (36-40 y) fertilized oocytes can be cryopreserved. ..
- Dürr K, Seuffert I, Friedrich T. Deceleration of the E1P-E2P transition and ion transport by mutation of potentially salt bridge-forming residues Lys-791 and Glu-820 in gastric H+/K+-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:39366-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that formation of an E(2)P-stabilizing interhelical salt bridge is essential to prevent futile proton exchange cycles of H(+) pumping P-type ATPases. ..
- Senerovic L, Tsunoda S, Goosmann C, Brinkmann V, Zychlinsky A, Meissner F, et al. Spontaneous formation of IpaB ion channels in host cell membranes reveals how Shigella induces pyroptosis in macrophages. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e384 pubmed publisher..These data may explain how S. flexneri uses secreted IpaB to escape phagosome and kill the host cells during infection and, may be extended to homologs from other medically important enteropathogenic bacteria. ..
- Raffelberg S, Wang L, Gao S, Losi A, Gartner W, Nagel G. A LOV-domain-mediated blue-light-activated adenylate (adenylyl) cyclase from the cyanobacterium Microcoleus chthonoplastes PCC 7420. Biochem J. 2013;455:359-65 pubmed publisher..A comparison of mPAC and the BLUF (BL using FAD) protein bPAC (Beggiatoa PAC), as purified proteins and expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes, yielded higher constitutive activity for mPAC in the dark, but also when illuminated with BL. ..
- Kutay U, Izaurralde E, Bischoff F, Mattaj I, Gorlich D. Dominant-negative mutants of importin-beta block multiple pathways of import and export through the nuclear pore complex. EMBO J. 1997;16:1153-63 pubmed..This suggests that mediators of these various transport events share binding sites on the NPC and/or that mechanisms exist to coordinate translocation through the NPC via different nucleocytoplasmic transport pathways. ..
- Wartenberg H, Hilscher B, Hilscher W. Germ cell kinetics during early ovarian differentiation: an analysis of the oogonial cell cycle and the subsequent changes in oocyte development during the onset of meiosis in the rat. Microsc Res Tech. 1998;40:377-97 pubmed..Once the germ cell has completed a sequence of clonal mitotic divisions, it irrevocably progresses into meiosis. During an extended postmitotic period, the structural characteristics of meiosis emerge stepwise. ..
- Martin B, Schneider R, Janetzky S, Waibler Z, Pandur P, Kuhl M, et al. The LIM-only protein FHL2 interacts with beta-catenin and promotes differentiation of mouse myoblasts. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:113-22 pubmed..These data imply that FHL2 is a muscle-specific repressor of LEF/TCF target genes and promotes myogenic differentiation by interacting with beta-catenin. ..
- Liu L, Ludewig U, Frommer W, von Wirén N. AtDUR3 encodes a new type of high-affinity urea/H+ symporter in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:790-800 pubmed..AtDUR3 was expressed in shoots and roots and upregulated during early germination and under nitrogen deficiency in roots. We propose a role of AtDUR3 in urea uptake by plant cells at low external urea concentrations. ..
- Boll M, Foltz M, Rubio Aliaga I, Daniel H. A cluster of proton/amino acid transporter genes in the human and mouse genomes. Genomics. 2003;82:47-56 pubmed..For the PAT3 subtype transporter, we could not yet identify its function. The human PAT1 and PAT2 transporters when functionally expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes show characteristics similar to those of their mouse counterparts. ..
- Rettinger J, Schmalzing G. Desensitization masks nanomolar potency of ATP for the P2X1 receptor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6426-33 pubmed
- Chandra T, Maier W, König H, Hirzel K, Kogel D, Schuler T, et al. Molecular interactions of the type 1 human immunodeficiency virus transregulatory protein Tat with N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor subunits. Neuroscience. 2005;134:145-53 pubmed..We therefore propose that release of Zn(2+)-mediated inhibition of NMDA receptors by HIV-1 Tat contributes to the neurotoxic effect of glutamate and may participate in the pathogenesis of AIDS-associated dementia. ..
- Riedel T, Lozinsky I, Schmalzing G, Markwardt F. Kinetics of P2X7 receptor-operated single channels currents. Biophys J. 2007;92:2377-91 pubmed..The kinetics of the short channel openings at negative membrane potentials fitted well to a linear C-C-C-O model with two ATP4- binding steps at equal binding sites with a dissociation constant Kd of 139 microM. ..
- Kottra G, Daniel H. Flavonoid glycosides are not transported by the human Na+/glucose transporter when expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes, but effectively inhibit electrogenic glucose uptake. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;322:829-35 pubmed..However, not only glycosylated but also a few nonglycosylated flavonoids show a structure-dependent capability for effective inhibition of SGLT1. ..
- Ureche O, Baltaev R, Ureche L, Strutz Seebohm N, Lang F, Seebohm G. Novel insights into the structural basis of pH-sensitivity in inward rectifier K+ channels Kir2.3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;21:347-56 pubmed publisher..The data provide molecular insight into the unique pH regulation of inward rectifier channels. ..
- Hevers W, Hadley S, Lüddens H, Amin J. Ketamine, but not phencyclidine, selectively modulates cerebellar GABA(A) receptors containing alpha6 and delta subunits. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5383-93 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the higher CNS depressant level achieved by ketamine may be the result of its selective actions on alpha6beta2/3delta receptors. ..
- Bergsdorf E, Zdebik A, Jentsch T. Residues important for nitrate/proton coupling in plant and mammalian CLC transporters. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11184-93 pubmed publisher..Gating and proton glutamates play similar roles in bacterial, plant, and mammalian CLC anion/proton exchangers...
- Siemer C, Smiljakovic T, Bhojwani M, Leiding C, Kanitz W, Kubelka M, et al. Analysis of mRNA associated factors during bovine oocyte maturation and early embryonic development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2009;76:1208-19 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is likely that in general the reduction in PABP1 and 3 abundance represses overall translation during early embryonic development. ..
- Tkachenko O, Delimitreva S, Isachenko E, Valle R, Michelmann H, Berenson A, et al. Epidermal growth factor effects on marmoset monkey (Callithrix jacchus) oocyte in vitro maturation, IVF and embryo development are altered by gonadotrophin concentration during oocyte maturation. Hum Reprod. 2010;25:2047-58 pubmed publisher..We propose that these observed negative effects of EGF may suggest use of an inappropriate dose of growth factor. ..
- Baqi Y, Hausmann R, Rosefort C, Rettinger J, Schmalzing G, Muller C. Discovery of potent competitive antagonists and positive modulators of the P2X2 receptor. J Med Chem. 2011;54:817-30 pubmed
- Schwarzer C, Esteves T, Arauzo Bravo M, Le Gac S, Nordhoff V, Schlatt S, et al. ART culture conditions change the probability of mouse embryo gestation through defined cellular and molecular responses. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:2627-40 pubmed publisher..The mouse embryo assay (MEA), which requires ART media to support at least 80% blastocyst formation, is in need of reform and should be extended to include post-implantation development. ..
- Shojaiefard M, Hosseinzadeh Z, Pakladok T, Bhavsar S, Lang F. Stimulation of Na(+) coupled phosphate transporter NaPiIIa by janus kinase JAK2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:186-91 pubmed publisher..JAK2 contributes to the regulation of phosphate transporter NaPiIIa. ..
- Fezai M, Warsi J, Lang F. Regulation of the Na+,Cl- Coupled Creatine Transporter CreaT (SLC6A8) by the Janus Kinase JAK3. Neurosignals. 2015;23:11-9 pubmed publisher..In CreaT and JAK3 expressing oocytes the creatine induced current was significantly increased by JAK3 inhibitor WHI-P154 (22 ÂµM). JAK3 is a powerful negative regulator of the creatine transporter CreaT. ..
- Barreto G, Schäfer A, Marhold J, Stach D, Swaminathan S, Handa V, et al. Gadd45a promotes epigenetic gene activation by repair-mediated DNA demethylation. Nature. 2007;445:671-5 pubmed..Active demethylation occurs by DNA repair and Gadd45a interacts with and requires the DNA repair endonuclease XPG. We conclude that Gadd45a relieves epigenetic gene silencing by promoting DNA repair, which erases methylation marks. ..
- Roth S, Lynch J. Symmetry breaking during Drosophila oogenesis. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2009;1:a001891 pubmed publisher..The asymmetric positioning of the oocyte nucleus defines a cortical region of the oocyte where gurken mRNA is localized, thus breaking the dorsal-ventral symmetry of the egg and embryo. ..
- Dederer H, Werr M, Ilg T. Differential sensitivity of Ctenocephalides felis and Drosophila melanogaster nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ?1 and ?2 subunits in recombinant hybrid receptors to nicotinoids and neonicotinoid insecticides. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;41:51-61 pubmed publisher..Our results show that at least in a Gg?2 hybrid receptor setting, insect ?1 subunits confer higher sensitivity to neonicotinoids than ?2 subunits, which may contribute in vivo to the insect-selective action of this pesticide class. ..
- Waldegger S, Jeck N, Barth P, Peters M, Vitzthum H, Wolf K, et al. Barttin increases surface expression and changes current properties of ClC-K channels. Pflugers Arch. 2002;444:411-8 pubmed..The results demonstrate regulation of a CLC chloride channel by an accessory protein and indicate that ClC-K activation by barttin is required for adequate tubular salt reabsorption. ..
- Schlingmann K, Konrad M, Jeck N, Waldegger P, Reinalter S, Holder M, et al. Salt wasting and deafness resulting from mutations in two chloride channels. N Engl J Med. 2004;350:1314-9 pubmed
- Ahmed M, Fezai M, Uzcategui N, Hosseinzadeh Z, Lang F. SGK3 Sensitivity of Voltage Gated K+ Channel Kv1.5 (KCNA5). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:359-67 pubmed publisher..SGK3 is a positive regulator of KCNA5, which is at least partially effective by abrogating the effect of Nedd4-2. ..
- Lomeli H, Mosbacher J, Melcher T, Hoger T, Geiger J, Kuner T, et al. Control of kinetic properties of AMPA receptor channels by nuclear RNA editing. Science. 1994;266:1709-13 pubmed..quot; The extent of editing at this site progresses with brain development in a manner specific for subunit and splice form, and edited channels possess faster recovery rates from desensitization. ..
- Strutz Seebohm N, Werner M, Madsen D, Seebohm G, Zheng Y, Walker C, et al. Functional analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans glutamate receptor subunits by domain transplantation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44691-701 pubmed..elegans can be occupied by other amino acids, including, surprisingly, lysine and proline, without loss of these properties. ..
- Radomski N, Kaufmann C, Dreyer C. Nuclear accumulation of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase in transcriptionally active cells during development of Xenopus laevis. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:4283-98 pubmed
- Nayernia K, Adham I, Shamsadin R, Muller C, Sancken U, Engel W. Proacrosin-deficient mice and zona pellucida modifications in an experimental model of multifactorial infertility. Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:434-40 pubmed
- Peter A, Stick R. Ectopic expression of prelamin A in early Xenopus embryos induces apoptosis. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:879-91 pubmed publisher..The toxic effect is due to lack of the conversion of prenylated prelamin A to its mature form. Remarkably, even a cytoplasmic prelamin A variant that is excluded from the nucleus drives embryos into apoptosis. ..
- Brockmann K, Wang D, Korenke C, von Moers A, Ho Y, Pascual J, et al. Autosomal dominant glut-1 deficiency syndrome and familial epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 2001;50:476-85 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the pathogenicity of the R126H missense mutation and transmission of Glut-1 deficiency syndrome as an autosomal dominant trait. ..
- Macchi P, Kroening S, Palacios I, Baldassa S, Grunewald B, Ambrosino C, et al. Barentsz, a new component of the Staufen-containing ribonucleoprotein particles in mammalian cells, interacts with Staufen in an RNA-dependent manner. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5778-88 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that the mRNA transport machinery is conserved during evolution, and that mammalian Btz is an additional component of the dendritic RNPs in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Henrion U, Strutz Seebohm N, Duszenko M, Lang F, Seebohm G. Long QT syndrome-associated mutations in the voltage sensor of I(Ks) channels. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2009;24:11-6 pubmed publisher..All three mutations reduced KCNQ1/KCNE1 channel currents in a dominant-negative manner when the mutants were coexpressed with wt subunits suggesting reduced I(Ks) as the molecular basis of LQT1. ..
- Gajewski A, Krohne G. Subcellular distribution of the Xenopus p58/lamin B receptor in oocytes and eggs. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 15):2583-96 pubmed..15 M NaCl and could be pelleted by a 50,000 g centrifugation. A- and B-type lamins were not detectable in the p58 containing pellet. ..
- Bachhuber T, König J, Voelcker T, Mürle B, Schreiber R, Kunzelmann K. Cl- interference with the epithelial Na+ channel ENaC. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31587-94 pubmed..The results confirm a role of the carboxyl terminus of betaENaC for Cl(-)-dependent inhibition of the Na+ channel, which, however, may only be part of a complex regulation of ENaC by CFTR. ..
- Dawson A, Griesinger G, Diedrich K. Screening oocytes by polar body biopsy. Reprod Biomed Online. 2006;13:104-9 pubmed..To penetrate the zona pellucida, mechanical, chemical and laser-assisted techniques have been introduced. In this paper, the advantages, disadvantages, efficacy and safety of these techniques are elucidated. ..
- Pakladok T, Hosseinzadeh Z, Alesutan I, Lang F. Stimulation of the Na(+)-coupled glucose transporter SGLT1 by B-RAF. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:689-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, B-RAF upregulates SGLT1 activity, an effect requiring vesicle insertion into the cell membrane. ..
- Wollert T, Weiss D, Gerdes H, Kuznetsov S. Activation of myosin V-based motility and F-actin-dependent network formation of endoplasmic reticulum during mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:571-7 pubmed
- von Witzendorff D, Ekhlasi Hundrieser M, Dostalova Z, Resch M, Rath D, Michelmann H, et al. Analysis of N-linked glycans of porcine zona pellucida glycoprotein ZPA by MALDI-TOF MS: a contribution to understanding zona pellucida structure. Glycobiology. 2005;15:475-88 pubmed..N-glycosidase F treatment of the isolated glycopeptides and MS analysis resulted in the identification of the corresponding deglycosylated peptides. ..
- Mahabir E, Bulian D, Needham J, Mayer A, Mateusen B, Van Soom A, et al. Transmission of mouse minute virus (MMV) but not mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) following embryo transfer with experimentally exposed in vivo-derived embryos. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:189-97 pubmed..The results indicate that MMV but not MHV can be transmitted to recipients even after washing embryos 10 times before embryo transfer...
- Gisselmann G, Pusch H, Hovemann B, Hatt H. Two cDNAs coding for histamine-gated ion channels in D. melanogaster. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:11-2 pubmed..DM-HisCl-alpha 1 mRNA localizes in the lamina region of the Drosophila eye, supporting the idea that DM-HisCl-alpha 1 may be a neurotransmitter receptor for histamine in the visual system. ..
- Mumm P, Imes D, Martinoia E, Al Rasheid K, Geiger D, Marten I, et al. C-terminus-mediated voltage gating of Arabidopsis guard cell anion channel QUAC1. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1550-63 pubmed publisher..Together with C- and N-terminal tagging, these results indicate that the cytosolic C-terminus is involved in the voltage-dependent gating mechanism of QUAC1. ..
- Eichenlaub Ritter U, Shen Y, Tinneberg H. Manipulation of the oocyte: possible damage to the spindle apparatus. Reprod Biomed Online. 2002;5:117-24 pubmed
- Becker H, Deitmer J. Voltage dependence of H+ buffering mediated by sodium bicarbonate cotransport expressed in Xenopus oocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28057-62 pubmed..Our results indicate that the electrogenic NBCe1 renders the cell membrane potential an effective regulator of intracellular H(+) buffering and acid/base-coupled metabolite transport. ..
- Fedorenko O, Tang C, Sopjani M, Foller M, Gehring E, Strutz Seebohm N, et al. PIP5K2A-dependent regulation of excitatory amino acid transporter EAAT3. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2009;206:429-35 pubmed publisher..The present observations disclose a novel mechanism of EAAT3 regulation, which may contribute to the deranged regulation of excitability in schizophrenic patients. ..
- Rauh R, Diakov A, Tzschoppe A, Korbmacher J, Azad A, Cuppens H, et al. A mutation of the epithelial sodium channel associated with atypical cystic fibrosis increases channel open probability and reduces Na+ self inhibition. J Physiol. 2010;588:1211-25 pubmed publisher..The resulting gain-of-function phenotype of the mutant channel might contribute to the pathophysiology of CF in patients carrying this mutation. ..
- Braun I, Herold A, Rode M, Izaurralde E. Nuclear export of mRNA by TAP/NXF1 requires two nucleoporin-binding sites but not p15. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5405-18 pubmed..More importantly, two copies of either of these domains are sufficient to promote directional transport of mRNA cargoes across the NPC...
- Vanzo N, Ephrussi A. Oskar anchoring restricts pole plasm formation to the posterior of the Drosophila oocyte. Development. 2002;129:3705-14 pubmed..This study reveals cortical anchoring of the posterior determinant Oskar as a crucial step in pole plasm assembly and restriction, required for proper development of Drosophila melanogaster. ..
- Fischer A, Dorresteijn A. The polychaete Platynereis dumerilii (Annelida): a laboratory animal with spiralian cleavage, lifelong segment proliferation and a mixed benthic/pelagic life cycle. Bioessays. 2004;26:314-25 pubmed..Platynereis can also become a stepping stone in the comparison of segmentation between annelids and arthropods because it comes closer to the putative ancestral morphology and style of development than other model annelids. ..
- Strutz Seebohm N, Seebohm G, Mack A, Wagner H, Just L, Skutella T, et al. Regulation of GluR1 abundance in murine hippocampal neurones by serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 3. J Physiol. 2005;565:381-90 pubmed..The present observations disclose a novel mechanism in the regulation of GluR1. ..
- Verdier L, Al Sabi A, Rivier J, Olivera B, Terlau H, Carlomagno T. Identification of a novel pharmacophore for peptide toxins interacting with K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21246-55 pubmed
- Lenart P, Bacher C, Daigle N, Hand A, Eils R, Terasaki M, et al. A contractile nuclear actin network drives chromosome congression in oocytes. Nature. 2005;436:812-8 pubmed..We show that this mechanism is essential for preventing chromosome loss and aneuploidy of the egg--a leading cause of pregnancy loss and birth defects in humans...
- Gunzel D, Kucharski L, Kehres D, Romero M, Maguire M. The MgtC virulence factor of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium activates Na(+),K(+)-ATPase. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5586-94 pubmed..These results suggest that the serovar Typhimurium MgtC protein may be involved in regulating membrane potential but does not directly transport Mg(2+) or another ion. ..
- Broer S, Rahman B, Pellegri G, Pellerin L, Martin J, Verleysdonk S, et al. Comparison of lactate transport in astroglial cells and monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT 1) expressing Xenopus laevis oocytes. Expression of two different monocarboxylate transporters in astroglial cells and neurons. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:30096-102 pubmed..These data provide further molecular support for the existence of a lactate shuttle between astrocytes and neurons. ..
- Torner H, Blottner S, Kuhla S, Langhammer M, Alm H, Tuchscherer A. Influence of chlorocholinechloride-treated wheat on selected in vitro fertility parameters in male mice. Reprod Toxicol. 1999;13:399-404 pubmed..The results suggest that CCC could interfere with epididymal protein secretion and the process of sperm maturation during passage through the epididymis...
- Kuersten S, Arts G, Walther T, Englmeier L, Mattaj I. Steady-state nuclear localization of exportin-t involves RanGTP binding and two distinct nuclear pore complex interaction domains. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5708-20 pubmed..We propose that these interactions increase the concentration of tRNA export complexes and of empty Xpo-t in the vicinity of NPCs and thus increase the efficiency of the Xpo-t transport cycle. ..
- Brüssow K, Torner H, Ratky J, Manabe N, Tuchscherer A. Experimental evidence for the influence of cumulus-oocyte-complexes on sperm release from the porcine oviductal sperm reservoir. J Reprod Dev. 2006;52:249-57 pubmed..6 +/- 0.2 to 3.1 +/- 0.2). In summary, this study was demonstrated that cumulus-oocyte-complexes may be involved in triggering sperm release from the pig oviductal SR and that HA might be related to sperm release. ..
- Schwake M, Athanasiadu D, Beimgraben C, Blanz J, Beck C, Jentsch T, et al. Structural determinants of M-type KCNQ (Kv7) K+ channel assembly. J Neurosci. 2006;26:3757-66 pubmed
- Geissler S, Hellwig M, Zwarg M, Markwardt F, Henle T, Brandsch M. Transport of the advanced glycation end products alanylpyrraline and pyrralylalanine by the human proton-coupled peptide transporter hPEPT1. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:2543-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that pyrraline containing dipeptides are transported by hPEPT1 in an electrogenic manner into intestinal cells. ..
- Pathare G, Foller M, Daryadel A, Mutig K, Bogatikov E, Fajol A, et al. OSR1-sensitive renal tubular phosphate reabsorption. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2012;36:149-61 pubmed publisher..OSR1 is expressed in proximal renal tubules and participates in the regulation of FGF23 release and renal tubular phosphate transport. ..
- Ngezahayo A, Zeilinger C, Todt I, Marten I, Kolb H. Inactivation of expressed and conducting rCx46 hemichannels by phosphorylation. Pflugers Arch. 1998;436:627-9 pubmed..The data provide evidence that the activation and inhibition of PKC affect the rCx46-mediated membrane conductance as well as the voltage-dependent current inactivation in an inverse manner. ..
- Kubisch C, Schroeder B, Friedrich T, Lütjohann B, El Amraoui A, Marlin S, et al. KCNQ4, a novel potassium channel expressed in sensory outer hair cells, is mutated in dominant deafness. Cell. 1999;96:437-46 pubmed..Whereas mutations in KCNQ1 cause deafness by affecting endolymph secretion, the mechanism leading to KCNQ4-related hearing loss is intrinsic to outer hair cells. ..
- Hinsch E, Oehninger S, Schill W, Hinsch K. Species specificity of human and murine anti-ZP3 synthetic peptide antisera and use of the antibodies for localization and identification of ZP3 or ZPC domains of functional significance. Hum Reprod. 1999;14:419-28 pubmed
- Diakov A, Koch J, Ducoudret O, Müller Berger S, Fromter E. The disulfonic stilbene DIDS and the marine poison maitotoxin activate the same two types of endogenous cation conductance in the cell membrane of Xenopus laevis oocytes. Pflugers Arch. 2001;442:700-8 pubmed..This effect can be prevented if the DIDS-activated endogenous cation conductances are suppressed by application of amiloride to the cytoplasmic surface of the cell membrane. ..
- Klepek Y, Geiger D, Stadler R, Klebl F, Landouar Arsivaud L, Lemoine R, et al. Arabidopsis POLYOL TRANSPORTER5, a new member of the monosaccharide transporter-like superfamily, mediates H+-Symport of numerous substrates, including myo-inositol, glycerol, and ribose. Plant Cell. 2005;17:204-18 pubmed..The potential physiological role of AtPLT5 is discussed. ..
- Schaaf G, Schikora A, Häberle J, Vert G, Ludewig U, Briat J, et al. A putative function for the arabidopsis Fe-Phytosiderophore transporter homolog AtYSL2 in Fe and Zn homeostasis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:762-74 pubmed..Taken together, our investigations support an involvement of AtYSL2 in Fe and Zn homeostasis, although functionality or substrate specificity are likely to differ between AtYSL2 and ZmYS1. ..
- Loeber J, Pan F, Pieler T. Generation of transgenic frogs. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;561:65-72 pubmed publisher..Tissue-specific gene expression, as well as germline transmission, has been observed. ..
- Gessner G, Macianskiene R, Starkus J, Schönherr R, Heinemann S. The amiodarone derivative KB130015 activates hERG1 potassium channels via a novel mechanism. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;632:52-9 pubmed publisher..KB130015 and amiodarone may serve as lead structures for the identification of hERG1 pore-interacting drugs favoring channel activation vs. block. ..
- Geiger D, Scherzer S, Mumm P, Marten I, Ache P, Matschi S, et al. Guard cell anion channel SLAC1 is regulated by CDPK protein kinases with distinct Ca2+ affinities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8023-8 pubmed publisher..Thus the CPK and OST1 branch of ABA signal transduction in guard cells seem to converge on the level of SLAC1 under the control of the ABI1/ABA-receptor complex. ..
- Alm H, Kuhlmann S, Langhammer M, Tuchscherer A, Torner H, Reinsch N. Occurrence of polyovular follicles in mouse lines selected for high fecundity. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:449-53 pubmed..3 polyovular follicles per ovary, respectively. Most of the POFs contained 2 oocytes (>80%), but occasionally follicles containing up to 7 oocytes were observed. Follicles with more than 2 oocytes were observed in the FL1 line only. ..
- Schroeder B, Kubisch C, Stein V, Jentsch T. Moderate loss of function of cyclic-AMP-modulated KCNQ2/KCNQ3 K+ channels causes epilepsy. Nature. 1998;396:687-90 pubmed..We predict that a 25% loss of heteromeric KCNQ2/KCNQ3-channel function is sufficient to cause the electrical hyperexcitability in BFNC. Drugs raising intracellular cAMP may prove beneficial in this form of epilepsy. ..
- Madeja M, Leicher T, Friederich P, Punke M, Haverkamp W, Musshoff U, et al. Molecular site of action of the antiarrhythmic drug propafenone at the voltage-operated potassium channel Kv2.1. Mol Pharmacol. 2003;63:547-56 pubmed..These results are consistent with a direct interaction of propafenone with the lower part of the pore helix and/or residues of segment S6. ..
- Godoy J, Fernandes C, Döring B, Beuerlein K, Petzinger E, Geyer J. Molecular and phylogenetic characterization of a novel putative membrane transporter (SLC10A7), conserved in vertebrates and bacteria. Eur J Cell Biol. 2007;86:445-60 pubmed..Vertebrate and bacterial SLC10A7 proteins exhibit >20% sequence identity, which is higher than the sequence identity of SLC10A7 to any other member of the SLC10 carrier family. ..
- Martins J, Kongsuphol P, Sammels E, Dahimene S, Aldehni F, Clarke L, et al. F508del-CFTR increases intracellular Ca(2+) signaling that causes enhanced calcium-dependent Cl(-) conductance in cystic fibrosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:1385-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, F508del-CFTR could serve as a scavenger for inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate [IP3] receptor binding protein released with IP(3) (IRBIT). Our data may explain how ER-localized F508del-CFTR controls intracellular Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Hofmann W, Reichart B, Ewald A, Muller E, Schmitt I, Stauber R, et al. Cofactor requirements for nuclear export of Rev response element (RRE)- and constitutive transport element (CTE)-containing retroviral RNAs. An unexpected role for actin. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:895-910 pubmed..In summary, our data provide evidence that actin plays an important functional role in nuclear export not only of retroviral RNAs but also of host proteins such as protein kinase inhibitor (PKI)...
- Böhmer C, Philippin M, Rajamanickam J, Mack A, Broer S, Palmada M, et al. Stimulation of the EAAT4 glutamate transporter by SGK protein kinase isoforms and PKB. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1242-8 pubmed..In conclusion, SGK1 expression is upregulated by ischemia, excitation, and dehydration in cerebellar Purkinje cells. The upregulation of SGK1 may serve to stimulate EAAT4 and thus to reduce neuroexcitotoxicity. ..
- Kramer A, Ludwig Y, Shahin V, Oberleithner H. A pathway separate from the central channel through the nuclear pore complex for inorganic ions and small macromolecules. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31437-43 pubmed..Our data indicate a spatial separation between the active transport of macromolecules through the central channel and the passive transport of ions and small macromolecules through the pore periphery. ..
- Kendel Y, Melaun C, Kurz A, Nicke A, Peigneur S, Tytgat J, et al. Venomous secretions from marine snails of the Terebridae family target acetylcholine receptors. Toxins (Basel). 2013;5:1043-50 pubmed publisher..In contrast, no effects on the potassium and sodium channels tested were observed. The venoms of terebrid snails may offer an additional source of novel biologically active peptides...
- Bauer C, Falk T, Schwarz J. An endogenous inactivating inward-rectifying potassium current in oocytes of Xenopus laevis. Pflugers Arch. 1996;432:812-20 pubmed..The oxidant chloramine-T blocked the inward-rectifying K+ current without slowing its inactivation. ..
- Brandle U, Spielmanns P, Osteroth R, Sim J, Surprenant A, Buell G, et al. Desensitization of the P2X(2) receptor controlled by alternative splicing. FEBS Lett. 1997;404:294-8 pubmed..These results imply functional differences between cells differentially expressing these P2X(2) isoforms. ..
- Zahn P, Lansmann T, Berger E, Speckmann E, Musshoff U. Gene expression and functional characterization of melatonin receptors in the spinal cord of the rat: implications for pain modulation. J Pineal Res. 2003;35:24-31 pubmed..Furthermore, spinal melatonin enhanced the antinociceptive effect of morphine indicating that melatonin acts as a neuromodulator in the spinal cord. ..