Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nucleic acid regulatory sequences in Belgium
Topic: nucleic acid regulatory sequences
- Ding H, Descheemaeker K, Marynen P, Nelles L, Carvalho T, Carmo Fonseca M, et al. Characterization of a helicase-like transcription factor involved in the expression of the human plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:429-42 pubmed..Mutation of the PAI-1 B Box led to an eight-fold reduction of basal PAI-1-LUC expression in these cell lines, but did not affect the four- to six-fold induction by phorbol esters. ..
- Van Loo P, Marynen P. Computational methods for the detection of cis-regulatory modules. Brief Bioinform. 2009;10:509-24 pubmed publisher..Finally, we argue that CRM builders that make use of PWM libraries will benefit greatly from future advances and will prove to be most instrumental for the annotation of regulatory regions in metazoan genomes. ..
- Cleynen I, Brants J, Peeters K, Deckers R, Debiec Rychter M, Sciot R, et al. HMGA2 regulates transcription of the Imp2 gene via an intronic regulatory element in cooperation with nuclear factor-kappaB. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:363-72 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that there is a strong and statistically significant correlation between HMGA2 and IMP2 gene expression in human liposarcomas. ..
- Vanpoucke G, Goossens S, De Craene B, Gilbert B, van Roy F, Berx G. GATA-4 and MEF2C transcription factors control the tissue-specific expression of the alphaT-catenin gene CTNNA3. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:4155-65 pubmed..In vivo promoter analysis in transgenic mice revealed that the isolated alphaT-catenin promoter region could direct the tissue-specific expression of a LacZ reporter gene in concordance with endogenous alphaT-catenin expression. ..
- Theuns J, Remacle J, Killick R, Corsmit E, Vennekens K, Huylebroeck D, et al. Alzheimer-associated C allele of the promoter polymorphism -22C>T causes a critical neuron-specific decrease of presenilin 1 expression. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:869-77 pubmed..Together, these studies provide evidence that the increased risk for AD associated with PSEN1 may result from genetic variations in the regulatory region, leading to altered expression levels of PSEN1 in neurons. ..
- Xu Y, Sun Y, Huysveld N, Gigot D, Glansdorff N, Charlier D. Regulation of arginine biosynthesis in the psychropiezophilic bacterium Moritella profunda: in vivo repressibility and in vitro repressor-operator contact probing. J Mol Biol. 2003;326:353-69 pubmed..A close inspection of sequence conservation and of single base-pair O(c)-type mutations indicate that the same conclusion can be generalized to E.coli operators...
- Janssens V, Van Hoof C, De Baere I, Merlevede W, Goris J. Functional analysis of the promoter region of the human phosphotyrosine phosphatase activator gene: Yin Yang 1 is essential for core promoter activity. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 3:755-63 pubmed..Thus YY1 apparently mediates basal transcription of the human PTPA gene through two binding sites within its proximal promoter. ..
- Meulewaeter F, Van Montagu M, Cornelissen M. Features of the autonomous function of the translational enhancer domain of satellite tobacco necrosis virus. RNA. 1998;4:1347-56 pubmed..On dicistronic RNAs, TED stimulates translation of both cistrons to the same extent. These data suggest that TED acts primarily by recruiting the translational machinery to the RNA...
- De Backer M, Loonen I, Verhasselt P, Neefs J, Luyten W. Structure of the human histamine H1 receptor gene. Biochem J. 1998;335 ( Pt 3):663-70 pubmed..Together, these findings provide a complete view of the structure of the human histamine H1 receptor gene. Both the coding region of the H1 receptor gene and its promoter region were independently mapped to chromosome 3p25. ..
- Henriette M, Gabant P, Dreze P, Szpirer C, Szpirer J. Negative regulation of the alpha-foetoprotein gene in fibroblasts: identification and characterization of cis and trans elements. Folia Biol (Praha). 1997;43:5-13 pubmed
- Devos A, De Clercq N, Vercaeren I, Heyns W, Rombauts W, Peeters B. Structure of rat genes encoding androgen-regulated cystatin-related proteins (CRPs): a new member of the cystatin superfamily. Gene. 1993;125:159-67 pubmed..CRPs must therefore belong to the cystatin superfamily. However, due to their additional domain encoded in an extra exon 2, CRPs must be classified as a new family, type 5. ..
- Claessens F, Celis L, de Vos P, Peeters B, Heyns W, Verhoeven G, et al. Intronic androgen response elements of prostatic binding protein genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;191:688-94 pubmed
- Masure S, Nys G, Fiten P, Van Damme J, Opdenakker G. Mouse gelatinase B. cDNA cloning, regulation of expression and glycosylation in WEHI-3 macrophages and gene organisation. Eur J Biochem. 1993;218:129-41 pubmed
- Vandenbroeck K, Fiten P, Beuken E, Martens E, Janssen A, Van Damme J, et al. Gene sequence, cDNA construction, expression in Escherichia coli and genetically approached purification of porcine interleukin-1 beta. Eur J Biochem. 1993;217:45-52 pubmed..22 ng/ml). The protein behaved homogeneously as a monomeric species, which was reactive in Western-blot experiments with an anti-(human-IL-1 beta) serum and which appeared to induce gelatinase B in MDBK cells in a dose-dependent fashion. ..
- Ghislain M, Frankard V, Vandenbossche D, Matthews B, Jacobs M. Molecular analysis of the aspartate kinase-homoserine dehydrogenase gene from Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;24:835-51 pubmed..This work is the first report of the molecular cloning of a plant ak-hsdh genomic sequence. It describes a promoter element that may bring new insights to the regulation of the biosynthesis of the aspartate family of amino acids. ..
- Adam E, Kerkhofs P, Mammerickx M, Kettmann R, Burny A, Droogmans L, et al. Involvement of the cyclic AMP-responsive element binding protein in bovine leukemia virus expression in vivo. J Virol. 1994;68:5845-53 pubmed..The CREB protein thus appears to be a major transcription factor involved in BLV expression in vivo...
- Schollen E, de Meirsman C, Matthijs G, Cassiman J. A regulatory element in the 5'UTR directs cell-specific expression of the mouse alpha 4 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;211:115-22 pubmed..Thus both ubiquitous and cell type-specific factors regulate the expression of alpha 4m. ..
- Parmentier M, de Vijlder J, Muir E, Szpirer C, Islam M, Geurts van Kessel A, et al. The human calbindin 27-kDa gene: structural organization of the 5' and 3' regions, chromosomal assignment, and restriction fragment length polymorphism. Genomics. 1989;4:309-19 pubmed..The gene was assigned to chromosome 8 by using human-rodent hybrid cell lines. Two restriction fragment length polymorphisms (HindIII and SacI) were detected with a cDNA probe recognizing the 3' end of the gene. ..