Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nonmammalian embryo in France
Topic: nonmammalian embryo
- Blattes R, Monod C, Susbielle G, Cuvier O, Wu J, Hsieh T, et al. Displacement of D1, HP1 and topoisomerase II from satellite heterochromatin by a specific polyamide. EMBO J. 2006;25:2397-408 pubmed..We propose that this effect is due to displacement of the heterochromatin proteins D1, HP1 and topoisomerase II from SAT III, hence resulting in stochastic chromatin opening and desilencing of the nearby white gene. ..
- Batut J, Vandel L, Leclerc C, Daguzan C, Moreau M, Neant I. The Ca2+-induced methyltransferase xPRMT1b controls neural fate in amphibian embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15128-33 pubmed..The results presented provide insights by which a Ca2+ increase induces neural fate...
- Brun S, Rincheval V, Gaumer S, Mignotte B, Guenal I. reaper and bax initiate two different apoptotic pathways affecting mitochondria and antagonized by bcl-2 in Drosophila. Oncogene. 2002;21:6458-70 pubmed..Finally, we show that the inhibition of apoptosis by bcl-2 is associated with the down-regulation of rpr expression. ..
- Dickmeis T, Plessy C, Rastegar S, Aanstad P, Herwig R, Chalmel F, et al. Expression profiling and comparative genomics identify a conserved regulatory region controlling midline expression in the zebrafish embryo. Genome Res. 2004;14:228-38 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that an unbiased comparative approach is a relevant method for the identification of tissue-specific cis-regulatory sequences in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Docquier F, Randsholt N, Deutsch J, Santamaria P. The 35UZ transposon of Drosophila melanogaster reveals differences in maintenance of transcriptional control between embryonic and larval stages. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:275-8 pubmed..These data illustrate how maintenance of gene expression depends on the chromosomal environment and on dynamic interactions between all developmentally regulated enhancers located close to a promoter under PcG control. ..
- Gualandris Parisot L, Husson D, Bautz A, Durand D, Kan P, Aimar C, et al. Effects of space environment on embryonic growth up to hatching of salamander eggs fertilized and developed during orbital flights. Biol Sci Space. 2002;16:3-11 pubmed..The results obtained in the urodele Pleurodeles waltl are in accordance with those observed earlier in the anuran Xenopus laevis and in the fish Oryzias latipes. ..
- Segalen M, Johnston C, Martin C, Dumortier J, Prehoda K, David N, et al. The Fz-Dsh planar cell polarity pathway induces oriented cell division via Mud/NuMA in Drosophila and zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2010;19:740-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, we describe a Frizzled-Dishevelled-NuMA pathway that orients division from Drosophila to vertebrates. ..
- Benoit B, Mitou G, Chartier A, Temme C, Zaessinger S, Wahle E, et al. An essential cytoplasmic function for the nuclear poly(A) binding protein, PABP2, in poly(A) tail length control and early development in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2005;9:511-22 pubmed..Both Cyclin B protein levels and embryonic development depend upon this regulation. These results identify a regulator of maternal mRNA poly(A) tail length and highlight the importance of this mode of translational control. ..
- Karpova N, Bobinnec Y, Fouix S, Huitorel P, Debec A. Jupiter, a new Drosophila protein associated with microtubules. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2006;63:301-12 pubmed..The jupiter cell lines and fly strain should be of wide interest for biologists interested in in vivo analysis of microtubule dynamics. ..
- Cau E, Quillien A, Blader P. Notch resolves mixed neural identities in the zebrafish epiphysis. Development. 2008;135:2391-401 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel model in which Notch resolves mixed neural identities by repressing an undesired genetic program. ..
- Marchal L, Luxardi G, Thomé V, Kodjabachian L. BMP inhibition initiates neural induction via FGF signaling and Zic genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17437-42 pubmed publisher..We propose to merge the previous models into a unique one whereby neural induction is controlled by BMP inhibition, which activates directly, and, via FGF instructive activity, early neural regulators such as Zic genes. ..
- Caplat C, Oral R, Mahaut M, Mao A, Barillier D, Guida M, et al. Comparative toxicities of aluminum and zinc from sacrificial anodes or from sulfate salt in sea urchin embryos and sperm. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2010;73:1138-43 pubmed publisher..Together, exposures to SA-dissolved Al(III) or Zn(II) resulted in lesser, if any toxicity, up to hormesis, compared to SS. Studies of metal speciation should elucidate the present results...
- Yasuo H, Lemaire P. Role of Goosecoid, Xnot and Wnt antagonists in the maintenance of the notochord genetic programme in Xenopus gastrulae. Development. 2001;128:3783-93 pubmed
- Bertrand C, Chatonnet A, Takke C, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Toutant J, et al. Zebrafish acetylcholinesterase is encoded by a single gene localized on linkage group 7. Gene structure and polymorphism; molecular forms and expression pattern during development. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:464-74 pubmed..We found no butyrylcholinesterase gene or activity in Danio. These findings make zebrafish a promising model to study function of acetylcholinesterase during development and regulation of molecular forms assembly in vivo. ..
- Petit A, Pasini A, Alves Da Costa C, Ayral E, Hernandez J, Dumanchin Njock C, et al. JLK isocoumarin inhibitors: selective gamma-secretase inhibitors that do not interfere with notch pathway in vitro or in vivo. J Neurosci Res. 2003;74:370-7 pubmed..Altogether, JLK inhibitors are the sole agents to date that are able to prevent Abeta production without triggering unwanted cleavages of other proteins. ..
- Ragone G, Van de Bor V, Sorrentino S, Kammerer M, Galy A, Schenck A, et al. Transcriptional regulation of glial cell specification. Dev Biol. 2003;255:138-50 pubmed..Both negative and positive regulation are required to control glide/gcm expression, indicating that gliogenesis is actively repressed in some neural lineages. ..
- Marques F, Moreau J, Peaucellier G, Lozano J, Schatt P, Picard A, et al. A new subfamily of high molecular mass CDC2-related kinases with PITAI/VRE motifs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:832-7 pubmed..CDC2L5 overexpressed in mammalian cells is an approximately 170-kDa nuclear protein. The mRNA is present during the sea urchin early embryogenesis and is ubiquitously expressed in human tissues. ..
- Fürthauer M, Lin W, Ang S, Thisse B, Thisse C. Sef is a feedback-induced antagonist of Ras/MAPK-mediated FGF signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:170-4 pubmed..Here we show that in zebrafish, Sef functions as a feedback-induced antagonist of Ras/Raf/MEK/MAPK-mediated FGF signalling. ..
- Rothbächer U, Bertrand V, Lamy C, Lemaire P. A combinatorial code of maternal GATA, Ets and beta-catenin-TCF transcription factors specifies and patterns the early ascidian ectoderm. Development. 2007;134:4023-32 pubmed..We thus identify a precise combinatorial code of maternal factors responsible for zygotic onset of a chordate ectodermal genetic program. ..
- Le Sommer C, Lesimple M, Mereau A, Menoret S, Allo M, Hardy S. PTB regulates the processing of a 3'-terminal exon by repressing both splicing and polyadenylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9595-607 pubmed..Moreover, using a minigene strategy in the Xenopus oocyte, we show that in addition to repressing the splicing of exon 9A9', PTB regulates the cleavage/polyadenylation of this 3'-terminal exon. ..
- Enriquez J, Boukhatmi H, Dubois L, Philippakis A, Bulyk M, Michelson A, et al. Multi-step control of muscle diversity by Hox proteins in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 2010;137:457-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Hox proteins both regulate and contribute to the combinatorial code of transcription factors that specify muscle identity and act at several steps during the muscle-specification process to generate muscle diversity...
- Gradwohl G, Fode C, Guillemot F. Restricted expression of a novel murine atonal-related bHLH protein in undifferentiated neural precursors. Dev Biol. 1996;180:227-41 pubmed..Its structure and expression pattern suggest that MATH4A may regulate an early step of neural development, either as a partner of ubiquitous bHLH proteins or associated with other neural-specific bHLH proteins. ..
- Kpebe A, Rabinow L. Dissection of darkener of apricot kinase isoform functions in Drosophila. Genetics. 2008;179:1973-87 pubmed publisher..Maternal effects in which the survival of heteroallelic adults depends upon the direction of the cross are consistent with a role for a 105-kDa cytoplasmic kinase in oogenesis or early larval development. ..
- Chartier A, Zaffran S, Astier M, Semeriva M, Gratecos D. Pericardin, a Drosophila type IV collagen-like protein is involved in the morphogenesis and maintenance of the heart epithelium during dorsal ectoderm closure. Development. 2002;129:3241-53 pubmed..Our results support, for the first time, the function of a collagen-like protein in the coordinated migration of dorsal ectoderm and heart cells. ..
- Picco V, Hudson C, Yasuo H. Ephrin-Eph signalling drives the asymmetric division of notochord/neural precursors in Ciona embryos. Development. 2007;134:1491-7 pubmed
- Grillenzoni N, Flandre A, Lasbleiz C, Dura J. Respective roles of the DRL receptor and its ligand WNT5 in Drosophila mushroom body development. Development. 2007;134:3089-97 pubmed..We therefore propose that the neuronal requirement for both proteins defines an interacting network acting during MB development. ..
- Hudson C, Yasuo H. A signalling relay involving Nodal and Delta ligands acts during secondary notochord induction in Ciona embryos. Development. 2006;133:2855-64 pubmed..We propose a model whereby laterally produced Nodal acts to specify the secondary notochord precursor both directly in the B-line cells and via Delta2 induction in adjacent A-line cells...
- Fürthauer M, Thisse C, Thisse B. A role for FGF-8 in the dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish gastrula. Development. 1997;124:4253-64 pubmed..We conclude that FGF-8 is involved in defining dorsoventral identity and is an important organizing factor responsible for specification of mesodermal and ectodermal dorsolateral territories of the zebrafish gastrula. ..
- Soyer J, Flasse L, Raffelsberger W, Beucher A, Orvain C, Peers B, et al. Rfx6 is an Ngn3-dependent winged helix transcription factor required for pancreatic islet cell development. Development. 2010;137:203-12 pubmed publisher..By contrast, beta cells, whose number is only slightly reduced, were no longer clustered in a compact islet. These data unveil Rfx6 as a novel regulator of islet cell development. ..
- Dal Pra S, Fürthauer M, Van Celst J, Thisse B, Thisse C. Noggin1 and Follistatin-like2 function redundantly to Chordin to antagonize BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2006;298:514-26 pubmed
- Bernardoni R, Vivancos V, Giangrande A. glide/gcm is expressed and required in the scavenger cell lineage. Dev Biol. 1997;191:118-30 pubmed..These data and our findings on the dual role of glide/gcm indicate that glial cells and hemocytes/macrophages are functionally and molecularly related. ..
- Prodon F, Dru P, Roegiers F, Sardet C. Polarity of the ascidian egg cortex and relocalization of cER and mRNAs in the early embryo. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2393-404 pubmed
- Bazile F, Pascal A, Karaiskou A, Chesnel F, Kubiak J. Absence of reciprocal feedback between MPF and ERK2 MAP kinase in mitotic Xenopus laevis embryo cell-free extract. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:489-96 pubmed..These results show a fundamental difference in the relationship between the two major M-phase kinases in meiotic and mitotic cell cycle. ..
- Faivre Sarrailh C, Banerjee S, Li J, Hortsch M, Laval M, Bhat M. Drosophila contactin, a homolog of vertebrate contactin, is required for septate junction organization and paracellular barrier function. Development. 2004;131:4931-42 pubmed..Hence, our data provide evidence that the organization of SJs is dependent on the interactions between these highly conserved cell-adhesion molecules. ..
- Maurel Zaffran C, Pradel J, Graba Y. Reiterative use of signalling pathways controls multiple cellular events during Drosophila posterior spiracle organogenesis. Dev Biol. 2010;343:18-27 pubmed publisher..We propose that the reiterative use of the Wg, Hh, and EGFR signalling pathways serves to coordinate in time and space the sequential deployment of events that collectively allow proper organogenesis. ..
- Déjardin J, Cavalli G. Chromatin inheritance upon Zeste-mediated Brahma recruitment at a minimal cellular memory module. EMBO J. 2004;23:857-68 pubmed..Thus, epigenetic inheritance of active chromatin states involves the recruitment of multiple cooperative chromatin-modifying complexes at closely spaced but distinct sites within a CMM. ..
- Mathieu J, Griffin K, Herbomel P, Dickmeis T, Strahle U, Kimelman D, et al. Nodal and Fgf pathways interact through a positive regulatory loop and synergize to maintain mesodermal cell populations. Development. 2004;131:629-41 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate synergy between oep and fgf8 that operates with regional differences and is involved in the induction, maintenance, movement and survival of mesodermal cell populations. ..
- Behra M, Cousin X, Bertrand C, Vonesch J, Biellmann D, Chatonnet A, et al. Acetylcholinesterase is required for neuronal and muscular development in the zebrafish embryo. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:111-8 pubmed..Here we provide genetic evidence for non-classical functions of AChE in vertebrate development. ..
- Crozatier M, Vincent A. Control of multidendritic neuron differentiation in Drosophila: the role of Collier. Dev Biol. 2008;315:232-42 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings indicate that col is required in at least two distinct programs that control the morphological and sensory specificity of Drosophila md neurons. ..
- Morel V, Le Borgne R, Schweisguth F. Snail is required for Delta endocytosis and Notch-dependent activation of single-minded expression. Dev Genes Evol. 2003;213:65-72 pubmed..In this model, Sna cell-autonomously represses sim expression in the mesoderm and relieves Su(H)-dependent repression in a cell non-autonomous fashion by promoting the Neur-dependent endocytosis of Delta in the mesoderm. ..
- Ghillebaert F, Chaillou C, Deschamps F, Roubaud P. Toxic effects, at three pH levels, of two reference molecules on common carp embryo. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 1995;32:19-28 pubmed..The toxicological interpretation of these results is discussed. They confirm the need of multifactorial methods for toxic risks and effects assessment on fish early life stages in the environment. ..
- Gabillard J, Duval H, Cauty C, Rescan P, Weil C, Le Bail P. Differential expression of the two GH genes during embryonic development of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss in relation with the IGFs system. Mol Reprod Dev. 2003;64:32-40 pubmed publisher..The relationship observed between the expression of different component of the GH/IGF system seems to indicate that this system could be functional early on during embryonic development...
- Nahon S, Castro Porras V, Pruski A, Charles F. Sensitivity to UV radiation in early life stages of the Mediterranean sea urchin Sphaerechinus granularis (Lamarck). Sci Total Environ. 2009;407:1892-900 pubmed publisher..Unless adaptive behavioural reproductive strategies exist, the influence of ambient UV radiation appears as a selective force for population dynamics of broadcast spawners in the shallow benthic Mediterranean environment. ..
- Baas D, Malbouyres M, Haftek Terreau Z, Le Guellec D, Ruggiero F. Craniofacial cartilage morphogenesis requires zebrafish col11a1 activity. Matrix Biol. 2009;28:490-502 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the defects observed in cartilage formation resemble those observed in human chondrodysplasia such as the Stickler/Marshall syndrome. Zebrafish represent a novel reliable vertebrate model for collagen XI collagenopathies. ..
- Charrier J, Teillet M, Lapointe F, Le Douarin N. Defining subregions of Hensen's node essential for caudalward movement, midline development and cell survival. Development. 1999;126:4771-83 pubmed..Hensen's node-derived structures (notochord and floor plate) thus appear to produce maintenance factor(s) that ensures the survival and further development of adjacent tissues...
- Dournon C, Durand D, Tankosic C, Membre H, Gualandris Parisot L, Bautz A. Effects of microgravity on the larval development, metamorphosis and reproduction of the urodele amphibian Pleurodeles waltl. Dev Growth Differ. 2001;43:315-26 pubmed..The mating gave progeny that developed normally. Depending on the methods used and on the limits of the analyses, the results clearly demonstrated that animals born in space were able to live and reproduce after return to the ground...
- Kakizawa T, Nishio S, Triqueneaux G, Bertrand S, Rambaud J, Laudet V. Two differentially active alternative promoters control the expression of the zebrafish orphan nuclear receptor gene Rev-erbalpha. J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;38:555-68 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that ZfP1 is orthologous to the mammalian P1 promoter, whereas zebrafish ZfP2 has no mammalian ortholog and does not function like ZfP1 to control Rev-erbalpha expression. ..
- Escoffier N, Gaudin J, Mezhoud K, Huet H, Chateau Joubert S, Turquet J, et al. Toxicity to medaka fish embryo development of okadaic acid and crude extracts of Prorocentrum dinoflagellates. Toxicon. 2007;49:1182-92 pubmed..The differences may indicate the presence of additional toxic substance(s) (or molecules able to modulate OA impact) in the P. arenarium CE that probably are not present in P. emarginatum. ..
- Lepetit D, Thiebaud P, Aoufouchi S, Prigent C, Guesné R, Theze N. The cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding Xenopus laevis DNA ligase I. Gene. 1996;172:273-7 pubmed..The 180-kDa size of the recombinant protein is similar to the LigI detected in oocyte. Northern blot analysis of ovary and embryo RNAs revealed the expression of two (4.1 and 6 kb) LigI transcripts. ..
- Eichmann A, Yuan L, Breant C, Alitalo K, Koskinen P. Developmental expression of pim kinases suggests functions also outside of the hematopoietic system. Oncogene. 2000;19:1215-24 pubmed..Altogether, our results suggest novel functions for Pim family kinases during embryonic development, in particular in epithelia and in the central nervous system. ..
- Balakireva M, Rosse C, Langevin J, Chien Y, Gho M, Gonzy Treboul G, et al. The Ral/exocyst effector complex counters c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent apoptosis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8953-63 pubmed..We propose that the exocyst complex is Ral executioner in the JNK pathway and that a cascade from Ral to the exocyst to HGK would be a molecular basis of Ral action on JNK. ..
- Croce J, McClay D. Dynamics of Delta/Notch signaling on endomesoderm segregation in the sea urchin embryo. Development. 2010;137:83-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study provides new insights into the timing mechanisms and the molecular dynamics of endomesoderm segregation during sea urchin embryogenesis and into the mode of action of the Delta/Notch pathway in mediating mesoderm fate...
- Morel V, Schweisguth F. Repression by suppressor of hairless and activation by Notch are required to define a single row of single-minded expressing cells in the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev. 2000;14:377-88 pubmed..We propose a model in which repression by Su(H) and derepression by Notch are essential to allow for the definition of a single row of mesectodermal cells in the blastoderm embryo. ..
- Kammerer M, Giangrande A. Glide2, a second glial promoting factor in Drosophila melanogaster. EMBO J. 2001;20:4664-73 pubmed..Finally, we show that lack of both products eliminates all lateral glial cells, which means that the two genes contain all the fly lateral glial promoting activity. ..
- Palancade B, Dubois M, Dahmus M, Bensaude O. Transcription-independent RNA polymerase II dephosphorylation by the FCP1 carboxy-terminal domain phosphatase in Xenopus laevis early embryos. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6359-68 pubmed..This is the first report that free RNAP II is a substrate for FCP1 in vivo, independent from a transcription cycle. ..
- Lam C, Korzh V, Strahle U. Zebrafish embryos are susceptible to the dopaminergic neurotoxin MPTP. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1758-62 pubmed
- Blader P, Plessy C, Strahle U. Multiple regulatory elements with spatially and temporally distinct activities control neurogenin1 expression in primary neurons of the zebrafish embryo. Mech Dev. 2003;120:211-8 pubmed..These regions are highly similar to 5' sequences in the mouse and human ngn1 gene, suggesting that amniote embryos, despite lacking primary neurons, utilize related mechanism to control ngn1 expression. ..
- Dickmeis T, Rastegar S, Lam C, Aanstad P, Clark M, Fischer N, et al. Expression of the helix-loop-helix gene id3 in the zebrafish embryo. Mech Dev. 2002;113:99-102 pubmed..At later stages, id3 expression was turned on and off in a large variety of tissues within short periods of time. These include the lateral mesoderm, the cornea, the lens, the brain, the neural crest, the retina and the fins. ..
- Brodu V, Baffet A, Le Droguen P, Casanova J, Guichet A. A developmentally regulated two-step process generates a noncentrosomal microtubule network in Drosophila tracheal cells. Dev Cell. 2010;18:790-801 pubmed publisher..We further show that these changes are essential for tracheal development, thus stressing the functional relevance of MT reorganization for morphogenesis. ..
- Duloquin L, Lhomond G, Gache C. Localized VEGF signaling from ectoderm to mesenchyme cells controls morphogenesis of the sea urchin embryo skeleton. Development. 2007;134:2293-302 pubmed
- Orgogozo V, Schweisguth F, Bellaiche Y. Binary cell death decision regulated by unequal partitioning of Numb at mitosis. Development. 2002;129:4677-84 pubmed..Our study also indicates that regulation of programmed cell death modulates the final pattern of sensory organs in a segment-specific manner...
- Albert S, Muller F, Fischer N, Biellmann D, Neumann C, Blader P, et al. Cyclops-independent floor plate differentiation in zebrafish embryos. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:59-66 pubmed..This finding suggests that the correct temporal development of the MFP is required for the distinction of LFP and MFP cells in wild-type embryos. ..
- Quivy J, Grandi P, Almouzni G. Dimerization of the largest subunit of chromatin assembly factor 1: importance in vitro and during Xenopus early development. EMBO J. 2001;20:2015-27 pubmed..We propose that the rapid proliferation at early developmental stages necessitates the unique properties of an assembly factor that can ensure a tight coupling between DNA replication or repair and chromatin assembly. ..
- Groigno L, Richard Parpaillon L, Boujard D. Expression pattern of insulin receptor mRNA during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;86:151-4 pubmed..In situ hybridization analysis shows that InsR expression is restricted to regions of ectodermal and mesodermal origin, notably the encephalon, otic vesicles, optic vesicles, gills, somites and the pronephros. ..
- Bouillet P, Chazaud C, Oulad Abdelghani M, Dolle P, Chambon P. Sequence and expression pattern of the Stra7 (Gbx-2) homeobox-containing gene induced by retinoic acid in P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Dev Dyn. 1995;204:372-82 pubmed
- Ruel L, Gallet A, Raisin S, Truchi A, Staccini Lavenant L, Cervantes A, et al. Phosphorylation of the atypical kinesin Costal2 by the kinase Fused induces the partial disassembly of the Smoothened-Fused-Costal2-Cubitus interruptus complex in Hedgehog signalling. Development. 2007;134:3677-89 pubmed..This study provides new insight into the mechanistic regulation of the protein complex that mediates Hh signalling and a unique antibody tool for directly monitoring Hh receptor activity in all activated cells. ..
- Kumar S, Aninat C, Michaux G, Morel F. Anticancer drug 5-fluorouracil induces reproductive and developmental defects in Caenorhabditis elegans. Reprod Toxicol. 2010;29:415-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, we proposed that C. elegans could be a useful model system for studying the mechanisms by which 5-FU might affect either embryo, adult or organ development...
- Duboc V, Lepage T. A conserved role for the nodal signaling pathway in the establishment of dorso-ventral and left-right axes in deuterostomes. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2008;310:41-53 pubmed..We will discuss the implications regarding the reference axes of the sea urchin and the ancestral function of the nodal gene in the last section of this review. ..
- Labalette C, Renard C, Neuveut C, Buendia M, Wei Y. Interaction and functional cooperation between the LIM protein FHL2, CBP/p300, and beta-catenin. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10689-702 pubmed..Finally, we showed that FHL2, CBP/p300, and beta-catenin could synergistically activate androgen receptor-mediated transcription, indicating that the synergistic coactivator function is not restricted to TCF/LEF. ..
- Simon Levert A, Aze A, Bontemps Subielos N, Banaigs B, Geneviere A. Antimitotic activity of methoxyconidiol, a meroterpene isolated from an ascidian. Chem Biol Interact. 2007;168:106-16 pubmed..This characteristic cell cycle arrest induced by methoxyconidiol in sea urchin eggs emphasizes the interest for this drug as a putative antiproliferative agent for tumor cells. ..
- Crozatier M, Vincent A. Requirement for the Drosophila COE transcription factor Collier in formation of an embryonic muscle: transcriptional response to notch signalling. Development. 1999;126:1495-504 pubmed
- Yasuo H, Hudson C. FGF8/17/18 functions together with FGF9/16/20 during formation of the notochord in Ciona embryos. Dev Biol. 2007;302:92-103 pubmed publisher..These results together with others' show that the formation of a large part of the mesoderm cell types in ascidian larvae is dependent on signalling events involving FGF ligands...
- Friggi Grelin F, Rabouille C, Therond P. The cis-Golgi Drosophila GMAP has a role in anterograde transport and Golgi organization in vivo, similar to its mammalian ortholog in tissue culture cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:1155-66 pubmed..Altogether our results suggest that dGMAP is the ortholog of mammalian GMAP-210. ..
- Coullin P, Bed Hom B, Candelier J, Vettese D, Maucolin S, Moulin S, et al. Cytogenetic repartition of chicken CR1 sequences evidenced by PRINS in Galliformes and some other birds. Chromosome Res. 2005;13:665-73 pubmed..The location of CR1 sequences, and in particular of the hot spots, mainly within the richest CG areas are in conformity with the data on an epigenetic role of these highly conserved sequences...
- Lozano J, Schatt P, Verge V, Gobinet J, Villey V, Peaucellier G. CDK5 is present in sea urchin and starfish eggs and embryos and can interact with p35, cyclin E and cyclin B3. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:449-61 pubmed publisher..However, p35 mRNA expression was found to begin only at the end of the blastula stage, and the protein was undetectable at any embryonic stage, suggesting a neuronal role beginning in late larval stages. ..
- Lecourtois M, Schweisguth F. The neurogenic suppressor of hairless DNA-binding protein mediates the transcriptional activation of the enhancer of split complex genes triggered by Notch signaling. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2598-608 pubmed..However, we also present evidence indicating that N signals in an Su(H)-independent manner during mesectoderm formation. ..
- Le Bouffant R, Boulben S, Cormier P, Mulner Lorillon O, Belle R, Morales J. Inhibition of translation and modification of translation factors during apoptosis induced by the DNA-damaging agent MMS in sea urchin embryos. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:961-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that modifications of translation factors play an important role in protein synthesis modulation that occurs during DNA-damage induced apoptosis. ..
- Martinez A, Colomb S, Déjardin J, Bantignies F, Cavalli G. Polycomb group-dependent Cyclin A repression in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2006;20:501-13 pubmed..These results demonstrate that CycA is directly regulated by PcG proteins, linking them to cell cycle control in vivo. ..
- Darboux I, Lingueglia E, Champigny G, Coscoy S, Barbry P, Lazdunski M. dGNaC1, a gonad-specific amiloride-sensitive Na+ channel. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9424-9 pubmed..We postulate that this channel may participate in gametogenesis and early embryonic development in Drosophila. ..
- Coolen M, Sii Felice K, Bronchain O, Mazabraud A, Bourrat F, R taux S, et al. Phylogenomic analysis and expression patterns of large Maf genes in Xenopus tropicalis provide new insights into the functional evolution of the gene family in osteichthyans. Dev Genes Evol. 2005;215:327-39 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of exhaustive characterizations of gene families for comparative analyses of the genetic mechanisms, which control developmental processes in vertebrates...
- Perrin L, Monier B, Ponzielli R, Astier M, Semeriva M. Drosophila cardiac tube organogenesis requires multiple phases of Hox activity. Dev Biol. 2004;272:419-31 pubmed..This analysis illustrates the mechanisms by which Hox genes can orchestrate organogenesis and, in particular, allows a clear uncoupling of the different phases of Hox activity in this process. ..
- Duboc V, Röttinger E, Besnardeau L, Lepage T. Nodal and BMP2/4 signaling organizes the oral-aboral axis of the sea urchin embryo. Dev Cell. 2004;6:397-410 pubmed..These observations suggest that the mechanisms responsible for patterning the oral-aboral axis of the sea urchin embryo may share similarities with mechanisms that pattern the dorsoventral axis of other deuterostomes. ..
- Roman F, Lanet S, Hamon J, Brunelle G, Maurin A, Champeroux P, et al. Pharmacological properties of trimebutine and N-monodesmethyltrimebutine. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999;289:1391-7 pubmed..A limited effect was observed on potassium currents (IC50 = 23 +/- 6 at 10 microM) for TMB. In vivo, when tested in the rabbit corneal reflex, TMB displayed a local anesthetic activity 17-fold more potent than that of lidocaine. ..
- Raisin S, Pantalacci S, Breittmayer J, Leopold P. A new genetic locus controlling growth and proliferation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2003;164:1015-25 pubmed..This suggested either that a particular combination of these transcripts was necessary or that other sequences are involved. ..
- Quintin S, Michaux G, McMahon L, Gansmuller A, Labouesse M. The Caenorhabditis elegans gene lin-26 can trigger epithelial differentiation without conferring tissue specificity. Dev Biol. 2001;235:410-21 pubmed..Conversely, we show that epidermal cells displayed some polarity defects in lin-26 mutants. We conclude that lin-26 can induce epithelial differentiation and that epitheliogenesis is not a default pathway in C. elegans. ..
- Brocard M, Triebe S, Peretti M, Doenecke D, Khochbin S. Characterization of the two H1(zero)-encoding genes from Xenopus laevis. Gene. 1997;189:127-34 pubmed..The two genes are expressed during embryogenesis and in several adult tissues. We discuss these findings in terms of the evolution of histone H1(zero) genes in vertebrates and the appearance of histone H5 in avian species. ..
- Vallin J, Thuret R, Giacomello E, Faraldo M, Thiery J, Broders F. Cloning and characterization of three Xenopus slug promoters reveal direct regulation by Lef/beta-catenin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30350-8 pubmed publisher..As the Lef.beta-catenin complex is a downstream effector of Wnt signaling, these results suggest that Xenopus Slug is a direct target of NCC determination signals...