Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nfi transcription factors in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: nfi transcription factors
- Pan L, Glenn S, Jones C, Gronostajski R, Gross K. Regulation of renin enhancer activity by nuclear factor I and Sp1/Sp3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1625:280-90 pubmed..Real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assays have demonstrated that NFI-X is the predominant NFI mRNA expressed in As4.1 cells. Direct study of involvement of NFI-X in regulation of renin genes is underway. ..
- Bandyopadhyay S, Starke D, Mieyal J, Gronostajski R. Thioltransferase (glutaredoxin) reactivates the DNA-binding activity of oxidation-inactivated nuclear factor I. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:392-7 pubmed
- McClure C, Ali E, Youssef D, Yao Z, McCall C, El Gazzar M. NFI-A disrupts myeloid cell differentiation and maturation in septic mice. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;99:201-11 pubmed publisher..We suggest that therapeutically targeting nuclear factor 1 A type during late sepsis might improve survival. ..
- Muthusamy N, Chen H, Rajgolikar G, Butz K, Frissora F, Gronostajski R. Recombination activation gene-2-deficient blastocyst complementation analysis reveals an essential role for nuclear factor I-A transcription factor in T-cell activation. Int Immunol. 2011;23:385-90 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate for the first time a requirement for the NFI-A transcription factor in antigen receptor-induced T-cell activation events. ..
- Deneen B, Ho R, Lukaszewicz A, Hochstim C, Gronostajski R, Anderson D. The transcription factor NFIA controls the onset of gliogenesis in the developing spinal cord. Neuron. 2006;52:953-68 pubmed..At later stages, NFIA promotes migration and differentiation of astrocyte precursors, a function that is antagonized in oligodendrocyte precursors by Olig2. ..
- Dai J, Kumbhare A, Youssef D, Yao Z, McCall C, El Gazzar M. Expression of C/EBPβ in myeloid progenitors during sepsis promotes immunosuppression. Mol Immunol. 2017;91:165-172 pubmed publisher..Together, these results support that decreasing C/EBPβ expression prevents MDSC generation and decreases immunosuppression in septic mice, providing a target for sepsis treatment. ..
- Glasgow S, Carlson J, Zhu W, Chaboub L, Kang P, Lee H, et al. Glia-specific enhancers and chromatin structure regulate NFIA expression and glioma tumorigenesis. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1520-1528 pubmed publisher..By delineating three-dimensional mechanisms of gene expression regulation, our studies identify lineage-specific chromatin architectures and associated enhancers that regulate cell fate and tumorigenesis in the CNS. ..
- Lazakovitch E, Kalb J, Gronostajski R. Lifespan extension and increased pumping rate accompany pharyngeal muscle-specific expression of nfi-1 in C. elegans. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2100-7 pubmed publisher..We propose some relationships between the pharyngeal pumping and lifespan phenotypes and potential mechanisms of nfi-1 function. ..
- Lazakovitch E, Kalb J, Matsumoto R, Hirono K, Kohara Y, Gronostajski R. nfi-I affects behavior and life-span in C. elegans but is not essential for DNA replication or survival. BMC Dev Biol. 2005;5:24 pubmed..The phenotype of nfi-1 null worms indicates that NFI functions in multiple developmental and behavioral systems in C. elegans, likely regulating genes that function in motility, egg-laying, pharyngeal pumping and lifespan maintenance. ..
- Shnyreva M, Schullery D, Suzuki H, Higaki Y, Bomsztyk K. Interaction of two multifunctional proteins. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K and Y-box-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15498-503 pubmed..Each protein was able to transactivate transcription from a polypyrimidine-rich promoter; however, this effect was reduced when K and YB-1 proteins were coexpressed suggesting a functional interaction between these two proteins. ..
- Chaudhry A, Vitullo A, Gronostajski R. Nuclear factor I-mediated repression of the mouse mammary tumor virus promoter is abrogated by the coactivators p300/CBP and SRC-1. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:7072-81 pubmed..This abrogation of NFI-C-mediated repression by p300/CBP and SRC-1A suggests that repression by NFI-C may occur by interference with coactivator function at the MMTV promoter. ..
- Chaudhry A, Vitullo A, Gronostajski R. Nuclear factor I (NFI) isoforms differentially activate simple versus complex NFI-responsive promoters. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:18538-46 pubmed..Here, we show that NFI heterodimers have intermediate activation potentials compared with homodimers, demonstrating one potential mechanism by which different NFI proteins can regulate gene expression. ..