Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neurons in Spain
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Martínez López M, Alcantara S, Mascaró C, Perez Branguli F, Ruiz Lozano P, Maes T, et al. Mouse neuron navigator 1, a novel microtubule-associated protein involved in neuronal migration. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:599-612 pubmed..The abolition of mNAV1 causes loss of directionality in the leading processes of pontine-migrating cells, providing evidence for a role of mNAV1 in mediating Netrin-1-induced directional migration. ..
- Gutierrez Mecinas M, Crespo C, Blasco Ibáñez J, Gracia Llanes F, Marqués Marí A, Martínez Guijarro F. Soluble guanylyl cyclase appears in a specific subset of periglomerular cells in the olfactory bulb. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1443-8 pubmed..These cells could be the targets for the action of nitric oxide at the glomerular level via activation of soluble guanylyl cyclase and production of cGMP. ..
- Pineda J, Canals J, Bosch M, Adell A, Mengod G, Artigas F, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor modulates dopaminergic deficits in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1057-68 pubmed
- Almeida A, Bolanos J, Moreno S. Cdh1/Hct1-APC is essential for the survival of postmitotic neurons. J Neurosci. 2005;25:8115-21 pubmed..These results provide an explanation for the mechanism of cyclin B1 reactivation that occurs in the brain of patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Tabares Seisdedos R, Escamez T, Martínez Giménez J, Balanza V, Salazar J, Selva G, et al. Variations in genes regulating neuronal migration predict reduced prefrontal cognition in schizophrenia and bipolar subjects from mediterranean Spain: a preliminary study. Neuroscience. 2006;139:1289-300 pubmed..These preliminary findings suggest that the variations in genes involved in neuronal migration predict the severity of the prefrontal cognitive deficits in both disorders. ..
- Camins A, Verdaguer E, Folch J, Canudas A, Pallas M. The role of CDK5/P25 formation/inhibition in neurodegeneration. Drug News Perspect. 2006;19:453-60 pubmed..Furthermore, the dual inhibitory effect of some of these drugs on cdk5 and GSK3beta could be beneficial. ..
- Gómez Ramos P, Asunción Morán M. Ultrastructural localization of intraneuronal Abeta-peptide in Alzheimer disease brains. J Alzheimers Dis. 2007;11:53-9 pubmed
- Briz V, Molina Molina J, Sánchez Redondo S, Fernandez M, Grimalt J, Olea N, et al. Differential estrogenic effects of the persistent organochlorine pesticides dieldrin, endosulfan, and lindane in primary neuronal cultures. Toxicol Sci. 2011;120:413-27 pubmed publisher..Overall, the observed alterations on ER-mediated signaling and ER levels in neurons might contribute to the neurotoxicity of these organochlorine pesticides. ..
- LeÃ³n S, Barroso A, VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Galiano D, Manfredi Lozano M, Ruiz Pino F, et al. Direct Actions of Kisspeptins on GnRH Neurons Permit Attainment of Fertility but are Insufficient to Fully Preserve Gonadotropic Axis Activity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19206 pubmed publisher..Yet, such direct actions appear to be insufficient to completely preserve proper functionality of gonadotropic axis, suggesting a role of kisspeptin signaling outside GnRH cells. ..
- Masocha W, GonzÃ¡lez L, Agil A. Distinguishing subgroups among Î¼-opioid receptor agonists using Na(+),K(+)-ATPase as an effector mechanism. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;774:43-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, we can conclude that at least two subgroups can be distinguished among the Î¼-opioid receptor agonists taking into consideration the role of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase in their antinociceptive effects. ..
- Patiño Parrado I, Gómez Jiménez Á, López Sánchez N, Frade J. Strand-specific CpG hemimethylation, a novel epigenetic modification functional for genomic imprinting. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8822-8834 pubmed publisher..We anticipate the existence of a novel molecular mechanism regulating the transition from fully methylated CpGs to strand-specific hemimethylated CpGs. ..
- Campos Caro A, Smillie F, Dominguez del Toro E, Rovira J, Vicente Agullo F, Chapuli J, et al. Neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on bovine chromaffin cells: cloning, expression, and genomic organization of receptor subunits. J Neurochem. 1997;68:488-97 pubmed..This fact is probably due to inefficient transcription termination, as a result of weak polyadenylation signals. ..
- Diaz Hernandez J, Almeida A, Delgado Esteban M, Fernandez E, Bolanos J. Knockdown of glutamate-cysteine ligase by small hairpin RNA reveals that both catalytic and modulatory subunits are essential for the survival of primary neurons. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38992-9001 pubmed..Thus, specific and independent disruption of each subunit of GCL in neurons can be said to cause a primary decrease in glutathione that is sufficient to promote neurodegeneration. ..
- Colonques J, Ceron J, Tejedor F. Segregation of postembryonic neuronal and glial lineages inferred from a mosaic analysis of the Drosophila larval brain. Mech Dev. 2007;124:327-40 pubmed..Thus, in contrast to its major gliogenic role in the embryo, the function of gcm during postembryonic brain development seems to have evolved to the specification and differentiation of certain neuronal and glial lineages. ..
- Castillo Gomez E, Gomez Climent M, Varea E, Guirado R, Blasco Ibáñez J, Crespo C, et al. Dopamine acting through D2 receptors modulates the expression of PSA-NCAM, a molecule related to neuronal structural plasticity, in the medial prefrontal cortex of adult rats. Exp Neurol. 2008;214:97-111 pubmed publisher
- Castro A, Becerra M, Manso M, Tello J, Sherwood N, Anadón R. Distribution of growth hormone-releasing hormone-like peptide: Immunoreactivity in the central nervous system of the adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Comp Neurol. 2009;513:685-701 pubmed publisher..The present data on the location of the two GHRH-LPs are the first clue to the possible functions of these two hormones. ..
- Garrido García A, Andrés Pans B, Durán Trío L, Díez Guerra F. Activity-dependent translocation of neurogranin to neuronal nuclei. Biochem J. 2009;424:419-29 pubmed publisher..The possible involvement of Ng in the regulation of intranuclear Ca2+/CaM-dependent signalling and gene expression is discussed. ..
- Mori F, Pérez Torres S, De Caro R, Porzionato A, Macchi V, Beleta J, et al. The human area postrema and other nuclei related to the emetic reflex express cAMP phosphodiesterases 4B and 4D. J Chem Neuroanat. 2010;40:36-42 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that cAMP signaling modification in the area postrema could mediate the emetic effects of PDE4 inhibitors in human brainstem. ..
- Zancada Menendez C, Alvarez Suarez P, Sampedro Piquero P, Cuesta M, Begega A. Requiring collaboration: Hippocampal-prefrontal networks needed in spatial working memory and ageing. A multivariate analysis approach. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2017;140:33-42 pubmed publisher..This response could be due to a higher requirement of the executive control in a complex spatial memory task in older animals. ..
- García Atarés N, San Jose I, Cabo R, Vega J, Represa J. Changes in the cerebellar cortex of hairless Rhino-J mice (hr-rh-j). Neurosci Lett. 1998;256:13-6 pubmed..Our findings may also be consistent with an accelerated aging of the central nervous system in rh-rh-j mice. ..
- Campuzano O, Castillo Ruiz M, Acarin L, Castellano B, Gonzalez B. Increased levels of proinflammatory cytokines in the aged rat brain attenuate injury-induced cytokine response after excitotoxic damage. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2484-97 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the particular inflammatory response of the aged brain and suggests an important role of increased basal levels of proinflammatory cytokines in the reduced ability to induce their expression after damage. ..
- Del Carmen Gómez Roldán M, Perez Martin M, Capilla Gonzalez V, Cifuentes M, Perez J, Garcia Verdugo J, et al. Neuroblast proliferation on the surface of the adult rat striatal wall after focal ependymal loss by intracerebroventricular injection of neuraminidase. J Comp Neurol. 2008;507:1571-87 pubmed publisher..Ventricular clusters of neuroblasts remained in the ventricle up to 90 days after injection. In the subventricular zone, adult neurogenesis persisted. ..
- Simon Areces J, Membrive G, Garcia Fernandez C, Garcia Segura L, Arevalo M. Neurogenin 3 cellular and subcellular localization in the developing and adult hippocampus. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:1814-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ngn3 may play a role in neuronal development by actions in the cytoplasm. ..
- Rodriguez Navarro J, Rodriguez L, Casarejos M, Solano R, Gomez A, Perucho J, et al. Trehalose ameliorates dopaminergic and tau pathology in parkin deleted/tau overexpressing mice through autophagy activation. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;39:423-38 pubmed publisher..Trehalose is neuroprotective in this model of tauopathy. Since trehalose is free of toxic effects at high concentrations, this study opens the way for clinical studies of the effects of trehalose in human tauopathies...
- Moro M, Fernandez Tome P, Leza J, Lorenzo P, Lizasoain I. Neuronal death induced by SIN-1 in the presence of superoxide dismutase: protection by cyclic GMP. Neuropharmacology. 1998;37:1071-9 pubmed
- Del Rio J, Martinez A, Auladell C, Soriano E. Developmental history of the subplate and developing white matter in the murine neocortex. Neuronal organization and relationship with the main afferent systems at embryonic and perinatal stages. Cereb Cortex. 2000;10:784-801 pubmed
- Cid C, Alcazar A, Regidor I, Masjuan J, Salinas M, Alvarez Cermeño J. Neuronal apoptosis induced by cerebrospinal fluid from multiple sclerosis patients correlates with hypointense lesions on T1 magnetic resonance imaging. J Neurol Sci. 2002;193:103-9 pubmed..The recovery from an acute MS relapse is significantly worse in patients with hypointense T1 lesions in MRI and in those whose CSF damaged neurons on cultures in vitro, phenomena that closely correlated each other. ..
- Cuadrado A, Garcia Fernandez L, Imai T, Okano H, Munoz A. Regulation of tau RNA maturation by thyroid hormone is mediated by the neural RNA-binding protein musashi-1. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;20:198-210 pubmed..Furthermore, antisense msi-1 expression inhibited T3 action. Our results show that msi-1 mediates the posttranscriptional regulation of tau expression by T3. ..
- Acarin L, Peluffo H, Gonzalez B, Castellano B. Expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 after excitotoxic damage to the immature rat brain. J Neurosci Res. 2002;68:745-54 pubmed
- Munoz A, Lopez Real A, Labandeira Garcia J, Guerra M. Interaction between the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems in locomotor hyperactivity and striatal expression of Fos induced by amphetamine in rats. Exp Brain Res. 2003;153:92-9 pubmed..Concurrent stimulation of dopaminergic and serotonergic receptors appears necessary to regulate Amphetamine-induced responses in the striatal neurons. ..
- Santamarta M, Ulibarri I, Pineda J. Inhibition of neuronal nitric oxide synthase attenuates the development of morphine tolerance in rats. Synapse. 2005;57:38-46 pubmed..These results demonstrate that subchronic administration of a neuronal inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase attenuates the development of morphine tolerance to the cellular and analgesic effects of mu-opioid receptor agonists. ..
- Goñi de Cerio F, Alvarez A, Caballero A, Mielgo V, Alvarez F, Rey Santano M, et al. Early cell death in the brain of fetal preterm lambs after hypoxic-ischemic injury. Brain Res. 2007;1151:161-71 pubmed
- Herrero P, Magarinos M, Molina I, Benito J, Dorado B, Turiegano E, et al. Squeeze involvement in the specification of Drosophila leucokinergic neurons: Different regulatory mechanisms endow the same neuropeptide selection. Mech Dev. 2007;124:427-40 pubmed..Thus, Sqz appears to be a regulatory factor for neuropeptidergic identity common to all leucokinergic cells, whose function in different cell types is regulated by cell-specific factors. ..
- Vale Gonzalez C, Pazos M, Alfonso A, Vieytes M, Botana L. Study of the neuronal effects of ouabain and palytoxin and their binding to Na,K-ATPases using an optical biosensor. Toxicon. 2007;50:541-52 pubmed
- Miñano A, Cerbón M, Xifro X, Malagelada C, Aguilera J, Rodriguez Alvarez J. 17beta-estradiol does not protect cerebellar granule cells from excitotoxicity or apoptosis. J Neurochem. 2007;102:354-64 pubmed..This effect was due to the antioxidant properties of the chemical structure of estradiol, as the biological inactive isomer 17alpha-estradiol was also able to reduce hydrogen peroxide-mediated neuronal death. ..
- Gavin R, Ureña J, Rangel A, Pastrana M, Requena J, Soriano E, et al. Fibrillar prion peptide PrP(106-126) treatment induces Dab1 phosphorylation and impairs APP processing and Abeta production in cortical neurons. Neurobiol Dis. 2008;30:243-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate a link between intracellular events induced by exposure to extracellular fibrillar peptide or PrP(res), and APP processing and implicate Dab1 in this link. ..
- Gómez Nieto R, Horta Junior J, Castellano O, Herrero Turrion M, Rubio M, Lopez D. Neurochemistry of the afferents to the rat cochlear root nucleus: possible synaptic modulation of the acoustic startle. Neuroscience. 2008;154:51-64 pubmed publisher..Our results provide valuable information toward understanding how CRNs might integrate excitatory and inhibitory inputs, and hence how they could elicit and modulate the ASR. ..
- Pardo Vazquez J, Leboran V, Acuna C. A role for the ventral premotor cortex beyond performance monitoring. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18815-9 pubmed publisher..We interpret these results as evidence that the PMv plays a role in evaluating the outcomes that can serve to learn and thus adapt future decision to environmental demands. ..
- Espada S, Ortega F, Molina Jijón E, Rojo A, Pérez Sen R, Pedraza Chaverri J, et al. The purinergic P2Y(13) receptor activates the Nrf2/HO-1 axis and protects against oxidative stress-induced neuronal death. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;49:416-26 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal a previously unrecognized role in protection against oxidative stress by extracellular purines acting on the metabotropic P2Y(13) receptor and provide new perspectives for neuroprotective therapies. ..
- Lopez Gonzalez I, Carmona M, Blanco R, Luna Munoz J, Martínez Mandonado A, Mena R, et al. Characterization of thorn-shaped astrocytes in white matter of temporal lobe in Alzheimer's disease brains. Brain Pathol. 2013;23:144-53 pubmed publisher..These observations support the concept that tau lesions in neurons differ from those seen in TsA in AD. ..
- Cabo R, Zichichi R, Vi a E, Guerrera M, V zquez G, Garc a Su rez O, et al. Calcium-activated potassium channel SK1 is widely expressed in the peripheral nervous system and sensory organs of adult zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2013;555:62-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover these findings are of potential interest because the potential role of SK as targets for the treatment of neurological diseases and sensory disorders...
- Ojeda E, Puras G, Agirre M, Zarate J, Grijalvo S, Eritja R, et al. The influence of the polar head-group of synthetic cationic lipids on the transfection efficiency mediated by niosomes in rat retina and brain. Biomaterials. 2016;77:267-79 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights for the development of non-viral vectors based on cationic lipids and their applications for efficient delivery of genetic material to the retina and brain. ..
- Alonso CalviÃ±o E, MartÃnez Camero I, FernÃ¡ndez LÃ³pez E, Humanes Valera D, Foffani G, Aguilar J. Increased responses in the somatosensory thalamus immediately after spinal cord injury. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;87:39-49 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that the thalamic changes occurring immediately after SCI could contribute to the cortical changes also detected immediately after such spinal lesions. ..
- Barrallo A, Gonzalez Sarmiento R, García Isidoro M, Cidad P, Porteros A, Rodriguez R. Differential brain expression of a new beta-actin gene from zebrafish (Danio rerio). Eur J Neurosci. 1999;11:369-72 pubmed..Our results suggest that in adult brain zebrafish, this new gene is expressed during neuronal cell proliferation. ..
- Ferrer I, Blanco R, Carmona M, Puig B. Phosphorylated mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK/ERK-P), protein kinase of 38 kDa (p38-P), stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK/JNK-P), and calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II (CaM kinase II) are differentially expressed in tau deposits in n. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2001;108:1397-415 pubmed
- Acarin L, Gonzalez B, Castellano B. Decrease of proinflammatory molecules correlates with neuroprotective effect of the fluorinated salicylate triflusal after postnatal excitotoxic damage. Stroke. 2002;33:2499-505 pubmed
- Yusta Boyo M, Gonzalez M, Pavon N, Martin A, de la Fuente R, Garcia Castro J, et al. Absence of hematopoiesis from transplanted olfactory bulb neural stem cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:505-12 pubmed..These results suggest that embryonic olfactory bulb stem cells are not endowed with the potential to produce hematopoiesis. ..
- Rodríguez Rodríguez R, Tabernero A, Velasco A, Lavado E, Medina J. The neurotrophic effect of oleic acid includes dendritic differentiation and the expression of the neuronal basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor NeuroD2. J Neurochem. 2004;88:1041-51 pubmed..The transduction pathway by which oleic acid induces the expression of genes responsible for neuronal differentiation appears to be mediated by the transcription factor NeuroD2, a regulator of terminal neuronal differentiation. ..
- Adell A, Artigas F. The somatodendritic release of dopamine in the ventral tegmental area and its regulation by afferent transmitter systems. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2004;28:415-31 pubmed
- Canudas A, Gutierrez Cuesta J, Rodríguez M, Acuna Castroviejo D, Sureda F, Camins A, et al. Hyperphosphorylation of microtubule-associated protein tau in senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM). Mech Ageing Dev. 2005;126:1300-4 pubmed..In conclusion, tau hyperphosphorylation occurs in SAMP-8 (early senescent) mice, indicating a link between aging and tau modifications in this murine model. ..
- García D, Bujons J, Vale C, Suñol C. Allosteric positive interaction of thymol with the GABAA receptor in primary cultures of mouse cortical neurons. Neuropharmacology. 2006;50:25-35 pubmed..Thymol (0-1 mM) did not affect cellular viability. ..
- Gomez Villafuertes R, Torres B, Barrio J, Savignac M, Gabellini N, Rizzato F, et al. Downstream regulatory element antagonist modulator regulates Ca2+ homeostasis and viability in cerebellar neurons. J Neurosci. 2005;25:10822-30 pubmed..Thus, the downregulation of the regulator of Ca2+ homeostasis NCX3 by Ca2+-regulated DREAM is a striking example of the autoregulatory property of the Ca2+ signal in neurons. ..
- Rodríguez Muñoz M, de la Torre Madrid E, Gaitan G, Sánchez Blázquez P, Garzón J. RGS14 prevents morphine from internalizing Mu-opioid receptors in periaqueductal gray neurons. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2558-71 pubmed..In RGS14 knockdown mice morphine failed to activate this kinase. It therefore appears that phosphorylation and internalization of MORs disrupts the CaMKII-mediated negative regulation of these opioid receptors. ..
- Moreno N, Morona R, Lopez J, Dominguez L, Munoz M, Gonzalez A. Anuran olfactory bulb organization: embryology, neurochemistry and hodology. Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:241-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present results show that the origin, chemoarchitecture and central connections of the olfactory bulbs are highly conserved in evolution. ..
- Maestre C, Delgado Esteban M, Gomez Sanchez J, Bolanos J, Almeida A. Cdk5 phosphorylates Cdh1 and modulates cyclin B1 stability in excitotoxicity. EMBO J. 2008;27:2736-45 pubmed publisher..These results reveal Cdh1 as a novel Cdk5 substrate that mediates cyclin B1 neuronal accumulation in excitotoxicity. ..
- Santos Torres J, Heredia M, Riolobos A, Jiménez Díaz L, Gómez Bautista V, de la Fuente A, et al. Electrophysiological and synaptic characterization of transplanted neurons in adult rat motor cortex. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:1593-607 pubmed publisher..Thus we show electrophysiological and immunohistochemical evidence supporting the functional development and integration of grafted cells into the host neocortex of adult animals. ..
- Yague J, Azcoitia I, DeFelipe J, Garcia Segura L, Munoz A. Aromatase expression in the normal and epileptic human hippocampus. Brain Res. 2010;1315:41-52 pubmed publisher..The widespread expression of aromatase in a large population of neurons in the normal and damaged hippocampus suggests that local estrogen formation may play an important role in human hippocampal function. ..
- Varea E, Guirado R, Gilabert Juan J, Martí U, Castillo Gomez E, Blasco Ibáñez J, et al. Expression of PSA-NCAM and synaptic proteins in the amygdala of psychiatric disorder patients. J Psychiatr Res. 2012;46:189-97 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that inhibitory and excitatory amygdaloid circuits are affected in these disorders and that abnormal PSA-NCAM expression in depressive and bipolar patients may underlie these alterations. ..
- López Doménech G, Serrat R, Mirra S, D Aniello S, Somorjai I, Abad A, et al. The Eutherian Armcx genes regulate mitochondrial trafficking in neurons and interact with Miro and Trak2. Nat Commun. 2012;3:814 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence of a new Eutherian-specific family of mitochondrial proteins that controls mitochondrial dynamics and indicate that this key process is differentially regulated in the brain of higher vertebrates. ..
- Tibau E, Valencia M, Soriano J. Identification of neuronal network properties from the spectral analysis of calcium imaging signals in neuronal cultures. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:199 pubmed publisher..Our work illustrates the interest of spectral analysis for the study of in vitro networks, and its potential use as a network-state indicator, for instance to compare healthy and diseased neuronal networks. ..
- Pimentel B, Rodríguez Borlado L, Hernandez C, Carrera A. A Role for phosphoinositide 3-kinase in the control of cell division and survival during retinal development. Dev Biol. 2002;247:295-306 pubmed..These data also show that, even after cell division decline, PI3K activation mediates survival of differentiated neurons in vivo. ..
- Gonzalez Martinez T, Perez Pinera P, Díaz Esnal B, Vega J. S-100 proteins in the human peripheral nervous system. Microsc Res Tech. 2003;60:633-8 pubmed..In addition, S100 proteins are expressed in peripheral neurons. Most of them express S100alpha protein, and a subpopulation of sensory neurons in dorsal root ganglia contains S100beta protein or S100alpha plus S100beta proteins. ..
- Alvira D, Tajes M, Verdaguer E, de Arriba S, Allgaier C, Matute C, et al. Inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinases is neuroprotective in 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium-induced apoptosis in neurons. Neuroscience. 2007;146:350-65 pubmed..Our results also suggest a potential role of oxidative stress in neuronal reentry in the cell cycle mediated by MPP+. Finally, our data further support the therapeutic potential of flavopiridol, for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Balaguer L, Romano J. Solitary neuroendocrine cells and neuroepithelial bodies in the lower airways of embryonic, fetal, and postnatal sheep. Anat Rec. 1991;231:333-8 pubmed..The earliest identifiable argyrophilic and NSE-immunoreactive neuroendocrine cells in sheep airways appeared at gestational week 5, close to the term of the embryonic period...
- Dominguez M, Campuzano S. asense, a member of the Drosophila achaete-scute complex, is a proneural and neural differentiation gene. EMBO J. 1993;12:2049-60 pubmed..The proneural potential of ase is shown, in addition, by the generation of SOs induced by the generalized expression of an ase gene driven by a hsp70 promoter. ..
- Sanchez L, Covenas R, Aguirre J, Narvaez J, Gomez A, Tramu G. Mapping of tachykinins in the cat spinal cord. Arch Ital Biol. 2005;143:29-50 pubmed..The possible origin of the tachykinergic fibers in the cat spinal cord is also discussed. ..
- Jordà E, Verdaguer E, Canudas A, Jimenez A, Garcia De Arriba S, Allgaier C, et al. Implication of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 in the neuroprotective properties of lithium. Neuroscience. 2005;134:1001-11 pubmed..These data suggest a previously undescribed neuroprotective mechanism of lithium associated with the modulation of cdk5/p35 or cdk5/p25 expression. ..
- Gonzalez M, Cabrera Socorro A, Perez Garcia C, Fraser J, Lopez F, Alonso R, et al. Distribution patterns of estrogen receptor alpha and beta in the human cortex and hippocampus during development and adulthood. J Comp Neurol. 2007;503:790-802 pubmed
- Perez Balaguer A, Puelles E, Wurst W, Martinez S. Shh dependent and independent maintenance of basal midbrain. Mech Dev. 2009;126:301-13 pubmed publisher..Based on our results and recently published data, we suggest the existence of a specific genetic pathway for the specification of the mesencephalic red nucleus. Foxa2 could be the candidate gene that might control this genetic pathway. ..
- Briz V, Galofré M, Suñol C. Reduction of glutamatergic neurotransmission by prolonged exposure to dieldrin involves NMDA receptor internalization and metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 downregulation. Toxicol Sci. 2010;113:138-49 pubmed publisher..This might explain the cognitive and learning deficits observed in animals after chronic treatment with dieldrin. ..
- Martínez Ramos C, Vallés Lluch A, Verdugo J, Ribelles J, Barcia Albacar J, Orts A, et al. Channeled scaffolds implanted in adult rat brain. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:3276-86 pubmed publisher..The development of neural interfaces with minimized glial scar and improved tissue compatibility of the implants may also benefit from these results. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part A 100A:3276-3286, 2012. ..
- Chavarría T, Baleriola J, Mayordomo R, de Pablo F, de la Rosa E. Early neural cell death is an extensive, dynamic process in the embryonic chick and mouse retina. ScientificWorldJournal. 2013;2013:627240 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide important insight into the relevance of cell death in neurogenesis. ..
- Lopez E, Ferrer I. Staurosporine- and H-7-induced cell death in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells is associated with caspase-2 and caspase-3 activation, but not with activation of the FAS/FAS-L-caspase-8 signaling pathway. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;85:61-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that the Fas/Fas-L-caspase-8 pathway of cell death signaling is not involved in staurosporine- and H-7-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. ..
- Viso León M, Ripoll C, Nadal A. Oestradiol rapidly inhibits Ca2+ signals in ciliary neurons through classical oestrogen receptors in cytoplasm. Pflugers Arch. 2004;449:33-41 pubmed..Our study indicates that 17beta-oestradiol can regulate Ca2+ influx via PI3-kinase, NOS and PKG after activation of cytoplasmic ER. ..
- Flores J, El Banoua F, Galan Rodriguez B, Fernandez Espejo E. Opiate anti-nociception is attenuated following lesion of large dopamine neurons of the periaqueductal grey: critical role for D1 (not D2) dopamine receptors. Pain. 2004;110:205-14 pubmed..This dopaminergic system should be included as another network within the PAG involved in opiate-induced anti-nociception. ..
- Carmona Calero E, Perez Gonzalez H, Martinez Pena y Valenzuela I, Gonzalez Marrero I, Perez Garcia C, Marrero Gordillo N, et al. Effect of the arterial hypertension and captopril treatment on the angiotensin II content in the subfornical organ. A study in SHR rats. Histol Histopathol. 2005;20:135-8 pubmed publisher..The variations of the angiotensin II observed in the SFO could be owing to an interaction between the hypertension and its captopril treatment. ..
- Herraez Baranda L, Carretero J, Gonzalez Sarmiento R, Laorden M, Milanes M, Rodriguez R. Evidence of involvement of the nNOS and the kappa-opioid receptor in the same intracellular network of the rat periaqueductal gray that controls morphine tolerance and dependence. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;137:166-73 pubmed..Besides, we examined the colocalization of both molecules. Our results point to an involvement of KOR and nNOS in the same intracellular network that controls the development of morphine tolerance and dependence. ..
- Lopez J, Moreno N, Morona R, Muñoz M, González A. Colocalization of nitric oxide synthase and monoamines in neurons of the amphibian brain. Brain Res Bull. 2005;66:555-9 pubmed..Therefore, in amphibians, only a distinct and small cell population within the serotonergic raphe column (anurans and urodele) and in the catecholaminergic posterior tubercle (anurans) seem to produce simultaneously nitric oxide. ..
- Faiz M, Acarin L, Peluffo H, Villapol S, Castellano B, Gonzalez B. Antioxidant Cu/Zn SOD: expression in postnatal brain progenitor cells. Neurosci Lett. 2006;401:71-6 pubmed..These findings show a heterogeneous expression of Cu/Zn SOD in restricted cell types in the germinative zones and suggest a role for antioxidant Cu/Zn SOD in progenitor cells of the immature rat brain. ..
- Martínez Navarrete G, Angulo A, Martín Nieto J, Cuenca N. Gradual morphogenesis of retinal neurons in the peripheral retinal margin of adult monkeys and humans. J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:557-80 pubmed publisher..These findings allow us to extend to primates the idea of neurogenesis aimed at retinal cell turnover throughout life. ..
- Gines S, Paoletti P, Alberch J. Impaired TrkB-mediated ERK1/2 activation in huntington disease knock-in striatal cells involves reduced p52/p46 Shc expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21537-48 pubmed publisher..Therefore, pharmacological approaches aimed to directly modulate the MAPK/ERK1/2 pathway may represent a valuable therapeutic strategy in HD. ..
- Alenda A, Molano Mazón M, Panzeri S, Maravall M. Sensory input drives multiple intracellular information streams in somatosensory cortex. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10872-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, slow, ongoing activity fluctuations and finer-scale synaptic activity generate multiple channels for incoming and outgoing information within barrel cortex neurons during ongoing stimulation...