Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neurons in Germany
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- Boettger T, Rust M, Maier H, Seidenbecher T, Schweizer M, Keating D, et al. Loss of K-Cl co-transporter KCC3 causes deafness, neurodegeneration and reduced seizure threshold. EMBO J. 2003;22:5422-34 pubmed..These cells slowly degenerated, as did sensory hair cells. The present mouse model has revealed important cellular and systemic functions of KCC3 and is highly relevant for Anderman syndrome. ..
- Farrow K, Haag J, Borst A. Input organization of multifunctional motion-sensitive neurons in the blowfly. J Neurosci. 2003;23:9805-11 pubmed..This connection scheme is discussed with reference to how the dendritic networks involved in figure-ground detection and flow-field selectivity might operate. ..
- Westhoff B, Chapple J, van der Spuy J, Hohfeld J, Cheetham M. HSJ1 is a neuronal shuttling factor for the sorting of chaperone clients to the proteasome. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1058-64 pubmed..In this way, HSJ1 isoforms participate in ER-associated degradation (ERAD) and protect neurons against cytotoxic protein aggregation. ..
- Frank M, Ebert M, Shan W, Phillips G, Arndt K, Colman D, et al. Differential expression of individual gamma-protocadherins during mouse brain development. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;29:603-16 pubmed..Thus, a defined set of Pcdhs-gamma may engage in neuronal adhesion and signaling on the cellular level. ..
- Pape H, Narayanan R, Smid J, Stork O, Seidenbecher T. Theta activity in neurons and networks of the amygdala related to long-term fear memory. Hippocampus. 2005;15:874-80 pubmed..Synchronization at theta frequencies is suggested to represent activity in amygdalo-hippocampal pathways associated with system consolidation of fear memory, which is supported by the cholinergic system. ..
- Braak H, de Vos R, Bohl J, Del Tredici K. Gastric alpha-synuclein immunoreactive inclusions in Meissner's and Auerbach's plexuses in cases staged for Parkinson's disease-related brain pathology. Neurosci Lett. 2006;396:67-72 pubmed
- Klusmann A, Fleischer W, Waldhaus A, Siebler M, Mayatepek E. Influence of D-arabitol and ribitol on neuronal network activity. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2005;28:1181-3 pubmed..No acute effect on the spontaneous network activity of cortical neurons was observed. We speculate that polyols have only secondary effects on brain dysfunction...
- Funfschilling U, Saher G, Xiao L, Mobius W, Nave K. Survival of adult neurons lacking cholesterol synthesis in vivo. BMC Neurosci. 2007;8:1 pubmed..Glia are a likely source of cholesterol in the central nervous system. ..
- Fritzen S, Schmitt A, Köth K, Sommer C, Lesch K, Reif A. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS-I) knockout increases the survival rate of neural cells in the hippocampus independently of BDNF. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:261-71 pubmed..Together, these results emphasize the important role of the different NOS isoforms with respect to adult neurogenesis. ..
- Torres Salazar D, Fahlke C. Neuronal glutamate transporters vary in substrate transport rate but not in unitary anion channel conductance. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34719-26 pubmed
- Jedlicka P, Papadopoulos T, Deller T, Betz H, Schwarzacher S. Increased network excitability and impaired induction of long-term potentiation in the dentate gyrus of collybistin-deficient mice in vivo. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;41:94-100 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data provide the first evidence that Cb-deficiency leads to significant changes of GABAergic inhibition, network excitability and synaptic plasticity in vivo. ..
- Siegl T, Schachtner J, Holstein G, Homberg U. NO/cGMP signalling: L: -citrulline and cGMP immunostaining in the central complex of the desert locust Schistocerca gregaria. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;337:327-40 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the morphological basis for further studies of the function of the labelled neurons and new insights into NO/cGMP signalling. ..
- Heinze S, Gotthardt S, Homberg U. Transformation of polarized light information in the central complex of the locust. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11783-93 pubmed publisher..This scheme is supported by anatomical data and suggests transformation of purely sensory E-vector coding at the CC input stage to position-invariant coding of 360 degrees -compass directions at the output stage...
- Sumakovic M, Hegermann J, Luo L, Husson S, Schwarze K, Olendrowitz C, et al. UNC-108/RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are involved in dense core vesicle maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:897-914 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are required for neuronal DCV maturation. ..
- Negatsch A, Granzow H, Maresch C, Klupp B, Fuchs W, Teifke J, et al. Ultrastructural analysis of virion formation and intraaxonal transport of herpes simplex virus type 1 in primary rat neurons. J Virol. 2010;84:13031-5 pubmed publisher..In general, the number of HSV-1 particles in the axons was significantly less than that observed after PrV infection. ..
- Blumcke I, Mühlebner A. Neuropathological work-up of focal cortical dysplasias using the new ILAE consensus classification system - practical guideline article invited by the Euro-CNS Research Committee. Clin Neuropathol. 2011;30:164-77 pubmed..Addressing more precisely defined clinico-pathological entities will also help to clarify underlying pathomechanisms and, thereby, improve treatment strategies for patients with difficult-to-treat epilepsies. ..
- Sintoni S, Benton J, Beltz B, Hansson B, Harzsch S. Neurogenesis in the central olfactory pathway of adult decapod crustaceans: development of the neurogenic niche in the brains of procambarid crayfish. Neural Dev. 2012;7:1 pubmed publisher..In this paper, the development of the niche was documented by monitoring proliferating cells with S-phase-specific markers combined with immunohistochemical, dye-injection and pulse-chase experiments...
- David C. Interstitial stem cells in Hydra: multipotency and decision-making. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:489-97 pubmed..Nerve cell commitment is controlled by several peptides including the Head Activator. Factors affecting nematocyte commitment are not known, but wnt and notch signaling are both required for differentiation of committed precursors. ..
- Richlitzki A, Latour P, SchwÃ¤rzel M. Null EPAC mutants reveal a sequential order of versatile cAMP effects during Drosophila aversive odor learning. Learn Mem. 2017;24:210-215 pubmed publisher..Thereby we show that versatile cAMP-dependent mechanisms are engaged within a sequential order that correlate to individual trials of the training session. ..
- Bruckner G, Bringmann A, Hartig W, Koppe G, Delpech B, Brauer K. Acute and long-lasting changes in extracellular-matrix chondroitin-sulphate proteoglycans induced by injection of chondroitinase ABC in the adult rat brain. Exp Brain Res. 1998;121:300-10 pubmed..We conclude from this study that PNs, enzymatically destroyed in the adult rat brain, can be completely reconstituted, but the restoration of their extracellular-matrix components needs several months. ..
- Kohling R, Höhling J, Straub H, Kuhlmann D, Kuhnt U, Tuxhorn I, et al. Optical monitoring of neuronal activity during spontaneous sharp waves in chronically epileptic human neocortical tissue. J Neurophysiol. 2000;84:2161-5 pubmed..The findings suggest that small neuronal networks are able to establish and maintain synchronous rhythmic and epileptiform activity...
- Flügel A, Hager G, Horvat A, Spitzer C, Singer G, Graeber M, et al. Neuronal MCP-1 expression in response to remote nerve injury. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2001;21:69-76 pubmed..Accordingly, expression of MCP-1 by neurons and its corresponding receptor in microglia suggests that this chemokine is involved in neuron and microglia interaction. ..
- Kessels M, Engqvist Goldstein A, Drubin D, Qualmann B. Mammalian Abp1, a signal-responsive F-actin-binding protein, links the actin cytoskeleton to endocytosis via the GTPase dynamin. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:351-66 pubmed
- Naumann T, Casademunt E, Hollerbach E, Hofmann J, Dechant G, Frotscher M, et al. Complete deletion of the neurotrophin receptor p75NTR leads to long-lasting increases in the number of basal forebrain cholinergic neurons. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2409-18 pubmed
- Oehlmann V, Korte H, Sterner C, Korsching S. A neuropeptide FF-related gene is expressed selectively in neurons of the terminal nerve in Danio rerio. Mech Dev. 2002;117:357-61 pubmed
- Brehmer A, Schrödl F, Neuhuber W. Correlated morphological and chemical phenotyping in myenteric type V neurons of porcine ileum. J Comp Neurol. 2002;453:1-9 pubmed..These results further support the concept of a close correlation between morphologically defined neuronal type and chemical coding and, it is likely, also function in the enteric nervous system of larger mammals. ..
- Davidson G, Mao B, del Barco Barrantes I, Niehrs C. Kremen proteins interact with Dickkopf1 to regulate anteroposterior CNS patterning. Development. 2002;129:5587-96 pubmed..The results indicate that Krm proteins function in a Wnt inhibition pathway regulating early AP patterning of the CNS. ..
- Momoi A, Yoda H, Steinbeisser H, Fagotto F, Kondoh H, Kudo A, et al. Analysis of Wnt8 for neural posteriorizing factor by identifying Frizzled 8c and Frizzled 9 as functional receptors for Wnt8. Mech Dev. 2003;120:477-89 pubmed..We thus conclude that other factors from non-axial mesoderm may be required for patterning neuroectoderm along the A-P axis. ..
- Bach A, Beier J, Stark G. Expression of Trisk 51, agrin and nicotinic-acetycholine receptor epsilon-subunit during muscle development in a novel three-dimensional muscle-neuronal co-culture system. Cell Tissue Res. 2003;314:263-74 pubmed..Our results suggest the existence of an alternative pathway for the maturation of the nAChR gamma-subunit to the epsilon-subunit without neural agrin activity. ..
- Rummel A, Karnath T, Henke T, Bigalke H, Binz T. Synaptotagmins I and II act as nerve cell receptors for botulinum neurotoxin G. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30865-70 pubmed..In addition, we show that the carboxyl-terminal domain of the cell binding fragment of BoNT/B and BoNT/G mediates the interaction with their protein receptor. ..
- Schmidt M, Laufs T, Reuss S, Hankeln T, Burmester T. Divergent distribution of cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the murine eye. Neurosci Lett. 2005;374:207-11 pubmed..While neuroglobin seems to be associated with oxygen consumption, a respiratory function of cytoglobin is unlikely. ..
- Wolf P. From precipitation to inhibition of seizures: rationale of a therapeutic paradigm. Epilepsia. 2005;46 Suppl 1:15-6 pubmed..Understanding these interactions facilitates the development of successful nonpharmaceutical therapeutic interventions for epilepsy. ..
- Huttner W, Kosodo Y. Symmetric versus asymmetric cell division during neurogenesis in the developing vertebrate central nervous system. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2005;17:648-57 pubmed
- Grunblatt E, Koutsilieri E, Hoyer S, Riederer P. Gene expression alterations in brain areas of intracerebroventricular streptozotocin treated rat. J Alzheimers Dis. 2006;9:261-71 pubmed..Additionally, similarities to neuronal cell death in sporadic Alzheimer's disease may become apparent. ..
- Glaser T, Brose C, Franceschini I, Hamann K, Smorodchenko A, Zipp F, et al. Neural cell adhesion molecule polysialylation enhances the sensitivity of embryonic stem cell-derived neural precursors to migration guidance cues. Stem Cells. 2007;25:3016-25 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Bayer T, Breyhan H, Duan K, Rettig J, Wirths O. Intraneuronal beta-amyloid is a major risk factor--novel evidence from the APP/PS1KI mouse model. Neurodegener Dis. 2008;5:140-2 pubmed publisher..These observations support a pivotal role of intraneuronal Abeta accumulation as a principal pathological trigger in AD. ..
- Moritz S, Lehmann S, Faissner A, von Holst A. An induction gene trap screen in neural stem cells reveals an instructive function of the niche and identifies the splicing regulator sam68 as a tenascin-C-regulated target gene. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2321-31 pubmed publisher..This emphasizes the importance of Sam68 for NSC biology and implicates an instructive rather than a purely permissive role for Tnc in the neural stem cell niche. ..
- Jakovcevski I, Siering J, Hargus G, Karl N, Hoelters L, Djogo N, et al. Close homologue of adhesion molecule L1 promotes survival of Purkinje and granule cells and granule cell migration during murine cerebellar development. J Comp Neurol. 2009;513:496-510 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CHL1 promotes Purkinje and granule cell survival and granule cell migration during cerebellar development. ..
- Falley K, Schütt J, Iglauer P, Menke K, Maas C, Kneussel M, et al. Shank1 mRNA: dendritic transport by kinesin and translational control by the 5'untranslated region. Traffic. 2009;10:844-57 pubmed publisher..A concept emerges from our data in which dendritic transport of different mRNAs occurs collectively via a staufen1- and KIF5-dependent pathway, whereas their local translation is controlled individually by unique cis-acting elements. ..
- Kuegler P, Zimmer B, Waldmann T, Baudis B, Ilmjärv S, Hescheler J, et al. Markers of murine embryonic and neural stem cells, neurons and astrocytes: reference points for developmental neurotoxicity testing. ALTEX. 2010;27:17-42 pubmed..0), that may later include human induced pluripotent stem cells, and that are not designed for 1:1 replacement of animal experiments, but are rather intended to improve human risk assessment by using independent scientific principles. ..
- Wen S, Götze I, Mai O, Schauer C, Leinders Zufall T, Boehm U. Genetic identification of GnRH receptor neurons: a new model for studying neural circuits underlying reproductive physiology in the mouse brain. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1515-26 pubmed publisher..Our new mouse model sets the stage to analyze the next level of GnRH signaling in reproductive physiology and behavior. ..
- Kleinschmidt S, Nolte I, Hewicker Trautwein M. Structural and functional components of the feline enteric nervous system. Anat Histol Embryol. 2011;40:450-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first report, describing feline ENS by using immunohistochemical methods. ..
- Müller U, Zheng H. Physiological functions of APP family proteins. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2012;2:a006288 pubmed publisher..This article will review the current understanding of the physiological functions of APP in the context of APP family members. ..
- Bernstein H, Stricker R, Zschiebsch K, Muller S, Dobrowolny H, Steiner J, et al. Decreased expression of nardilysin in SH-SY5Y cells under ethanol stress and reduced density of nardilysin-expressing neurons in brains of alcoholics. J Psychiatr Res. 2013;47:343-9 pubmed publisher..basalis of Meynert, paraventricular, and supraoptic nuclei. The alcohol-dependent reduction of nardilysin in cell culture and nervous tissue points to an implication of the enzyme in the pathophysiology of alcoholism. ..
- Reinhardt P, Schmid B, Burbulla L, Schöndorf D, Wagner L, Glatza M, et al. Genetic correction of a LRRK2 mutation in human iPSCs links parkinsonian neurodegeneration to ERK-dependent changes in gene expression. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;12:354-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results provide mechanistic insight into the pathogenesis induced by mutant LRRK2 and pointers for the development of potential new therapeutics. ..
- Freund N, Valencia Alfonso C, Kirsch J, Brodmann K, Manns M, GÃ¼ntÃ¼rkÃ¼n O. Asymmetric top-down modulation of ascending visual pathways in pigeons. Neuropsychologia. 2016;83:37-47 pubmed publisher..Functional asymmetries of descending systems that modify visual ascending pathways seem to play an important role in the superiority of the left hemisphere in experience-based visual tasks. ..
- Trengove C, Diesmann M, van Leeuwen C. Dynamic effective connectivity in cortically embedded systems of recurrently coupled synfire chains. J Comput Neurosci. 2016;40:1-26 pubmed publisher..These results imply a notion of dynamic effective connectivity as governing neural computation with synfire chains, and related forms of cortical circuitry with complex topologies. ..
- Ahlemeyer B, Möwes A, Krieglstein J. Inhibition of serum deprivation- and staurosporine-induced neuronal apoptosis by Ginkgo biloba extract and some of its constituents. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;367:423-30 pubmed..Our results suggest that EGb and some of its constituents possess anti-apoptotic capacity and that bilobalide is the most potent constituent. ..
- Schneider A, Martin Villalba A, Weih F, Vogel J, Wirth T, Schwaninger M. NF-kappaB is activated and promotes cell death in focal cerebral ischemia. Nat Med. 1999;5:554-9 pubmed..In p50 knockout mice, ischemic damage was significantly reduced. This indicates a cell death-promoting role of NF-kappaB in focal ischemia. NF-kappaB may provide a new pharmacological target in neurologic disease. ..
- Oertner T, Brotz T, Borst A. Mechanisms of dendritic calcium signaling in fly neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:439-47 pubmed..In summary, the characteristic spatiotemporal calcium signals in the dendrites of lobula plate tangential cells can be reproduced in vitro, and result from a combination of voltage- and ligand-gated calcium influx...
- Stuckmann I, Weigmann A, Shevchenko A, Mann M, Huttner W. Ephrin B1 is expressed on neuroepithelial cells in correlation with neocortical neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2001;21:2726-37 pubmed
- Giehl K, Rohrig S, Bonatz H, Gutjahr M, Leiner B, Bartke I, et al. Endogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 antagonistically regulate survival of axotomized corticospinal neurons in vivo. J Neurosci. 2001;21:3492-502 pubmed..We further present evidence that signaling of tyrosine kinase receptors of the trk family can be crucially involved in the promotion of neuronal death in vivo. ..
- Jadhao A, D Aniello B, Malz C, Pinelli C, Meyer D. Intrasexual and intersexual dimorphisms of the red salmon prosencephalon. Cell Tissue Res. 2001;304:121-40 pubmed..The observed intersexual variations may reflect gender-specific differences in the control of the pituitary. Functional correlates of intrasexual dimorphism are obscure. ..
- Schneider J, Jehle E, Starlinger M, Neunlist M, Michel K, Hoppe S, et al. Neurotransmitter coding of enteric neurones in the submucous plexus is changed in non-inflamed rectum of patients with Crohn's disease. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2001;13:255-64 pubmed..The increase in the VIP/- population, extensive colocalization of ChAT and NOS and hypertrophied CGRP fibres indicated adaptive changes in the enteric nervous system in noninflamed rectum of CD patients. ..
- Büsselberg D, Bischoff A, Becker K, Becker C, Richter D. The respiratory rhythm in mutant oscillator mice. Neurosci Lett. 2001;316:99-102 pubmed..Postsynaptic activity and membrane potential trajectories of respiratory neurones revealed a persistence of GABAergic inhibition and changes in respiratory rhythm and pattern generation. ..
- Mueller V, Wienisch M, Nehring R, Klingauf J. Monitoring clathrin-mediated endocytosis during synaptic activity. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2004-12 pubmed..Therefore, a fast mode of endocytosis is either clathrin-independent or involves preassembled (easily retrievable) clathrin lattices at sites of endocytosis. ..
- Feigenspan A, Janssen Bienhold U, Hormuzdi S, Monyer H, Degen J, Sohl G, et al. Expression of connexin36 in cone pedicles and OFF-cone bipolar cells of the mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2004;24:3325-34 pubmed..At light microscopic resolution, we found close association of Cx36-EGFP with the AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunit GluR1 but not with GluR2-GluR4, the kainate receptor subunit GluR5, or the metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR6. ..
- Pfannkuche H, Schellhorn C, Schemann M, Gäbel G. Intrinsic innervation patterns of the smooth muscle in the rumen and reticulum of lambs. J Anat. 2004;204:293-9 pubmed..Consequently, intrinsic innervation patterns for the smooth muscle layers in the rumen and reticulum differ from all gastrointestinal regions examined thus far...
- Sergeeva O, Andreeva N, Garret M, Scherer A, Haas H. Pharmacological properties of GABAA receptors in rat hypothalamic neurons expressing the epsilon-subunit. J Neurosci. 2005;25:88-95 pubmed..The infrequent expression of the epsilon-subunit may be a key factor in the recently discovered central role of the tuberomamillary nucleus in anesthesia. ..
- Rupprecht T, Koedel U, Heimerl C, Fingerle V, Paul R, Wilske B, et al. Adhesion of Borrelia garinii to neuronal cells is mediated by the interaction of OspA with proteoglycans. J Neuroimmunol. 2006;175:5-11 pubmed..This indicates that both OspA and the cell bound proteoglycans are involved in the attachment of B. garinii to neuronal cells. ..
- Weihe E, Depboylu C, Schütz B, Schafer M, Eiden L. Three types of tyrosine hydroxylase-positive CNS neurons distinguished by dopa decarboxylase and VMAT2 co-expression. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2006;26:659-78 pubmed
- Wintermantel T, Campbell R, Porteous R, Bock D, Grone H, Todman M, et al. Definition of estrogen receptor pathway critical for estrogen positive feedback to gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons and fertility. Neuron. 2006;52:271-80 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that ovulation is driven by estrogen actions upon ERalpha-expressing neuronal afferents to GnRH neurons. ..
- Prochnow N, Lee P, Hall W, Schmidt M. In vitro properties of neurons in the rat pretectal nucleus of the optic tract. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:3574-84 pubmed
- Fatima A, Haroon M, Wolf G, Engelmann M, Spina M. Reduced urocortin 1 immunoreactivity in the non-preganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleus during late pregnancy in rats. Regul Pept. 2007;143:34-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the hormonal status of the female rat affects urocortin 1 immunoreactive neurons in the non-preganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleus and its signaling to target brain areas. ..
- Ausborn J, Stein W, Wolf H. Frequency control of motor patterning by negative sensory feedback. J Neurosci. 2007;27:9319-28 pubmed..This regulatory mechanism appears to be a general emergent property of negative feedback systems. ..
- Kralj A, Gurgui M, König G, van Echten Deckert G. Trichothecenes induce accumulation of glucosylceramide in neural cells by interfering with lactosylceramide synthase activity. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;225:113-22 pubmed..Collectively, our results demonstrate that trichodermol and 8-deoxy-trichothecin inhibit LacCer synthase activity in a cell-type-specific manner. ..
- Hevers W, Hadley S, Lüddens H, Amin J. Ketamine, but not phencyclidine, selectively modulates cerebellar GABA(A) receptors containing alpha6 and delta subunits. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5383-93 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the higher CNS depressant level achieved by ketamine may be the result of its selective actions on alpha6beta2/3delta receptors. ..
- Muth Köhne E, Terhag J, Pahl S, Werner M, Joshi I, Hollmann M. Functional excitatory GABAA receptors precede ionotropic glutamate receptors in radial glia-like neural stem cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;43:209-21 pubmed publisher..Early neuronal markers remained unchanged. These data extend our knowledge about ionotropic neurotransmitter receptor expression during neuronal development and will aid further investigations on activity-dependent neurogenesis. ..
- Jawerka M, Colak D, Dimou L, Spiller C, Lagger S, Montgomery R, et al. The specific role of histone deacetylase 2 in adult neurogenesis. Neuron Glia Biol. 2010;6:93-107 pubmed publisher..This cell-autonomous function of HDAC2 exclusively in adult neurogenesis reveals clear differences in the molecular mechanisms regulating neurogenesis during development and in adulthood. ..
- Khouri L, Lesica N, Grothe B. Impaired auditory temporal selectivity in the inferior colliculus of aged Mongolian gerbils. J Neurosci. 2011;31:9958-70 pubmed publisher..These declines cannot be compensated by traditional hearing aids (that rely on amplification of sound) but may rather require pharmacological treatment. ..
- Illes P, Verkhratsky A, Burnstock G, Franke H. P2X receptors and their roles in astroglia in the central and peripheral nervous system. Neuroscientist. 2012;18:422-38 pubmed..Thus, astroglia detect by P2X(1/5) and P2X(7) receptors both physiological concentrations of ATP secreted from presynaptic nerve terminals and also much higher concentrations of ATP attained under pathological conditions. ..
- Kovacs F, Knop T, Urbanski M, Freiman I, Freiman T, Feuerstein T, et al. Exogenous and endogenous cannabinoids suppress inhibitory neurotransmission in the human neocortex. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:1104-14 pubmed publisher..Interferences of cannabinoid agonists and antagonists with synaptic transmission in the cortex may explain the cognitive and memory deficits elicited by these drugs. ..
- El Jundi B, Pfeiffer K, Homberg U. A distinct layer of the medulla integrates sky compass signals in the brain of an insect. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27855 pubmed publisher..Therefore, medulla layer 4 is a distinct stage in the integration of sky compass signals that precedes the time-compensated integration of celestial cues in the AOTu. ..
- Ghadiri M, Kozian M, Ghaffarian N, Stummer W, Kazemi H, Speckmann E, et al. Sequential changes in neuronal activity in single neocortical neurons after spreading depression. Cephalalgia. 2012;32:116-24 pubmed publisher..These data indicate higher excitability of the neocortical neurons after CSD, which can be assumed to contribute to hyperexcitability of neocortical tissues in patients suffering from migraine. ..
- Schmidt I, Thomas S, Kain P, Risse B, Naffin E, Kl mbt C. Kinesin heavy chain function in Drosophila glial cells controls neuronal activity. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7466-76 pubmed publisher..Our work shows that the role of Khc for neuronal excitability must be considered in the light of its necessity for directed transport in glia...
- Kunz W, Kuznetsov A, Clark J, Tracey I, Elger C. Metabolic consequences of the cytochrome c oxidase deficiency in brain of copper-deficient Mo(vbr) mice. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1580-5 pubmed..Owing to the reserve capacity of respiratory chain enzymes, the reported changes in activities do not seem to affect whole-brain high-energy phosphates, as observed in a previous study using 31P NMR. ..
- Heber S, Herms J, Gajic V, Hainfellner J, Aguzzi A, Rülicke T, et al. Mice with combined gene knock-outs reveal essential and partially redundant functions of amyloid precursor protein family members. J Neurosci. 2000;20:7951-63 pubmed..Moreover, cortical neurons from single or combined mutant mice showed unaltered survival rates under basal culture conditions and unaltered susceptibility to glutamate excitotoxicity in vitro. ..
- Westhoff G, Roth G. Morphology and projection pattern of medial and dorsal pallial neurons in the frog Discoglossus pictus and the salamander Plethodon jordani. J Comp Neurol. 2002;445:97-121 pubmed
- Rister J, Heisenberg M. Distinct functions of neuronal synaptobrevin in developing and mature fly photoreceptors. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:1271-84 pubmed..These results need to be taken into account if TNT is used for neural circuit analysis. ..
- Milenkovic I, Witte M, Turecek R, Heinrich M, Reinert T, Rubsamen R. Development of chloride-mediated inhibition in neurons of the anteroventral cochlear nucleus of gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:1634-44 pubmed
- Capetian P, Knoth R, Maciaczyk J, Pantazis G, Ditter M, Bokla L, et al. Histological findings on fetal striatal grafts in a Huntington's disease patient early after transplantation. Neuroscience. 2009;160:661-75 pubmed publisher..Thus this study provides for a better understanding of the developmental processes of grafted human fetal striatal neurons in HD and, in addition, has implications for stem cell-based transplantation approaches in the CNS. ..
- Baumann V, Lehnert S, Leibold C, Koch U. Tonotopic organization of the hyperpolarization-activated current (Ih) in the mammalian medial superior olive. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:117 pubmed publisher..Experimental data in conjunction with a computational model suggest that increased Ih levels are helpful in counteracting temporal summation of phase-locked inhibitory inputs which is particularly prominent in HF neurons. ..
- Peppel P, Anton F. Responses of rat medullary dorsal horn neurons following intranasal noxious chemical stimulation: effects of stimulus intensity, duration, and interstimulus interval. J Neurophysiol. 1993;70:2260-75 pubmed..5. To examine the effects of the duration of the ISI, identical test sequences were performed with ISIs of 30 and 120 s. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Putthoff P, Akyüz N, Kutsche M, Zardi L, Borgmeyer U, Schachner M. Structure of the murine tenascin-R gene and functional characterisation of the promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:940-9 pubmed..The promoter contains consensus sequences for binding of a variety of transcription factors, notably p53/p73 and glucocorticoid receptors. ..
- Rose C, Blum R, Pichler B, Lepier A, Kafitz K, Konnerth A. Truncated TrkB-T1 mediates neurotrophin-evoked calcium signalling in glia cells. Nature. 2003;426:74-8 pubmed
- Diril M, Wienisch M, Jung N, Klingauf J, Haucke V. Stonin 2 is an AP-2-dependent endocytic sorting adaptor for synaptotagmin internalization and recycling. Dev Cell. 2006;10:233-44 pubmed..Our data identify stonin 2 as an AP-2-dependent endocytic sorting adaptor for synaptotagmin internalization and recycling. ..
- Klumpp S, Faber D, Fischer D, Litterscheid S, Krieglstein J. Role of protein histidine phosphatase for viability of neuronal cells. Brain Res. 2009;1264:7-12 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that an increased activity of PHP impairs cellular function whereas downregulation of PHP does not. ..
- Laeger T, Metges C, Kuhla B. Role of beta-hydroxybutyric acid in the central regulation of energy balance. Appetite. 2010;54:450-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the purpose of this review is to summarize the known central effects of BHBA and to point out the importance of the identification of cellular pathways triggered in response to BHBA. ..