Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neuroblastoma in France
- Trinh Trang Tan M, Bigot S, Picot J, Lecomte M, Kordeli E. AlphaII-spectrin participates in the surface expression of cell adhesion molecule L1 and neurite outgrowth. Exp Cell Res. 2014;322:365-80 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that ???-spectrin is implicated in normal morphology and adhesive properties of neuron cell bodies and neurites, and in cell surface expression and organization of adhesion molecule L1. ..
- Extier A, Perruchot M, Baudry C, Guesnet P, Lavialle M, Alessandri J. Differential effects of steroids on the synthesis of polyunsaturated fatty acids by human neuroblastoma cells. Neurochem Int. 2009;55:295-301 pubmed publisher..These results help our understanding of the regulation of brain PUFA metabolism by steroid hormones. ..
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Schleiermacher G, Michels E, Mosseri V, Ribeiro A, Lequin D, et al. Overall genomic pattern is a predictor of outcome in neuroblastoma. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:1026-33 pubmed publisher..It adds critical prognostic information to conventional markers and should be included in future treatment stratification. ..
- Guyon A, Rovere C, Cervantes A, Allaeys I, Nahon J. Stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha directly modulates voltage-dependent currents of the action potential in mammalian neuronal cells. J Neurochem. 2005;93:963-73 pubmed..This study extends the functions of SDF-1alpha to a direct modulation of voltage-dependent membrane currents of neuronal cells. ..
- Gaudioso C, Hao J, Martin Eauclaire M, Gabriac M, Delmas P. Menthol pain relief through cumulative inactivation of voltage-gated sodium channels. Pain. 2012;153:473-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that menthol is a state-selective blocker of Nav1.8, Nav1.9, and TTX-sensitive Na(+) channels, indicating a role for Na(+) channel blockade in the efficacy of menthol as topical analgesic compound. ..
- Chorfa A, Betemps D, Morignat E, Lazizzera C, Hogeveen K, Andrieu T, et al. Specific pesticide-dependent increases in ?-synuclein levels in human neuroblastoma (SH-SY5Y) and melanoma (SK-MEL-2) cell lines. Toxicol Sci. 2013;133:289-97 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that pesticides can trigger some molecular events involved in this disease and also in malignant melanoma that consistently shows a significant but still unexplained association with Parkinson's disease. ..
- Alvarez Rueda N, Desselle A, Cochonneau D, Chaumette T, Clémenceau B, Leprieur S, et al. A monoclonal antibody to O-acetyl-GD2 ganglioside and not to GD2 shows potent anti-tumor activity without peripheral nervous system cross-reactivity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25220 pubmed publisher..Development of therapeutic antibodies specific to OAcGD2 may offer treatment options with reduced adverse side effects, thereby allowing dose escalation of antibodies. ..
- Flammang B, Pardossi Piquard R, Sevalle J, Debayle D, Dabert Gay A, Thevenet A, et al. Evidence that the amyloid-? protein precursor intracellular domain, AICD, derives from ?-secretase-generated C-terminal fragment. J Alzheimers Dis. 2012;30:145-53 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a preferred pathogenic pathway for AICD production and suggests that this fragment, in addition to C99 and A? peptides, could contribute to AD pathology. ..
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Lequin D, Brugieres L, Ribeiro A, de Pontual L, Combaret V, et al. Somatic and germline activating mutations of the ALK kinase receptor in neuroblastoma. Nature. 2008;455:967-70 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data identify ALK as a critical player in neuroblastoma development that may hence represent a very attractive therapeutic target in this disease that is still frequently fatal with current treatments. ..
- Mollereau C, Zajac J, Roumy M. Staurosporine differentiation of NPFF2 receptor-transfected SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells induces selectivity of NPFF activity towards opioid receptors. Peptides. 2007;28:1125-8 pubmed..We suggest that the specificity of the effect of NPFF may not reside in the molecular mechanism of its anti-opioid activity itself but in the organization of receptors within the membrane. ..
- Saulière Nzeh Ndong A, Saulière Nzeh A, Millot C, Corbani M, Mazeres S, Lopez A, et al. Agonist-selective dynamic compartmentalization of human Mu opioid receptor as revealed by resolutive FRAP analysis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14514-20 pubmed publisher..It is likely that the observation of distinct receptor dynamics in the presence of DAMGO and morphine involves the agonist-selective phosphorylation of the receptor. ..
- Cotta Grand N, Rovere C, Guyon A, Cervantes A, Brau F, Nahon J. Melanin-concentrating hormone induces neurite outgrowth in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells through p53 and MAPKinase signaling pathways. Peptides. 2009;30:2014-24 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide the first evidence for a role of MCH in neuronal differentiation of endogenously MCH-R1-expressing cells via non-exclusive MAPKinase and p53 signaling pathways. ..
- de Bouyn Icher C, Minard Colin V, Isapof A, Khuong Quang D, Redon I, Hartmann O. [Malignant solid tumors in neonates: a study of 71 cases]. Arch Pediatr. 2006;13:1486-94 pubmed..Clinical features, histologic types, prognosis were very different from those seen in older children, facing oncologists with diagnostic, therapeutic and ethical problems...
- Page G, Rioux Bilan A, Ingrand S, Lafay Chebassier C, Pain S, Perault Pochat M, et al. Activated double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase and neuronal death in models of Alzheimer's disease. Neuroscience. 2006;139:1343-54 pubmed..Taken together these results demonstrate that double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase is associated with neurodegeneration in APP(SL)/presenilin 1 knock-in mice and could represent a new therapeutic target for neuroprotection. ..
- Moukheiber A, Nicollas R, Roman S, Coze C, Triglia J. Primary pediatric neuroblastic tumors of the neck. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2001;60:155-61 pubmed..Surgical treatment was performed in all patients. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy was performed in one case. All patients underwent regular surveillance. No evidence of recurrence has been observed with a mean follow-up period of 7 years...
- Chevalier M, Lory P, Mironneau C, Macrez N, Quignard J. T-type CaV3.3 calcium channels produce spontaneous low-threshold action potentials and intracellular calcium oscillations. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:2321-9 pubmed..The functional expression of CaV3.3 channels can generate spontaneous low-threshold calcium APs through its window current, indicating that CaV3.3 channels can play a primary role in pacemaker activity. ..
- Lynch J, Lemos V, Bucher B, Stoclet J, Takeda K. A pertussis toxin-insensitive calcium influx mediated by neuropeptide Y2 receptors in a human neuroblastoma cell line. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:8226-33 pubmed..The results also indicate that Y2 receptors can activate both pertussis toxin-sensitive and -insensitive mechanisms in the same cell. ..
- Sengupta S, Vonesch J, Waltzinger C, Zheng H, Wasylyk B. Negative cross-talk between p53 and the glucocorticoid receptor and its role in neuroblastoma cells. EMBO J. 2000;19:6051-64 pubmed..These results suggest that molecules that efficiently disrupt GR-p53 interactions would have a therapeutic potential for the treatment of neuroblastoma and perhaps other diseases in which p53 is sequestered by GR. ..
- Erent M, Gonin P, Cherfils J, Tissier P, Raschella G, Giartosio A, et al. Structural and catalytic properties and homology modelling of the human nucleoside diphosphate kinase C, product of the DRnm23 gene. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1972-81 pubmed..The overall structure of the two enzymes appears to be identical because NDP kinase CDelta readily formed mixed hexamers with NDP kinase A. It is possible that mixed hexamers can be observed in vivo. ..
- Daval S, Kellenberger E, Bonnet D, Utard V, Galzi J, Ilien B. Exploration of the orthosteric/allosteric interface in human M1 muscarinic receptors by bitopic fluorescent ligands. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:71-85 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study illustrates the importance of a "multifacet" experimental approach to unravel and validate bitopic ligand binding mechanisms...
- Costantini P, Bruey J, Castedo M, Metivier D, Loeffler M, Susin S, et al. Pre-processed caspase-9 contained in mitochondria participates in apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2002;9:82-8 pubmed..Bcl-2-mediated regulation of mitochondrial membrane permeabilization may contribute to apoptosis control by preventing mitochondrial, pre-processed caspase-9 from interacting with its cytosolic activators. ..
- Shojaei Brosseau T, Chompret A, Abel A, de Vathaire F, Raquin M, Brugieres L, et al. Genetic epidemiology of neuroblastoma: a study of 426 cases at the Institut Gustave-Roussy in France. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2004;42:99-105 pubmed..We found some arguments for the existence of non-specific genetic susceptibility, which would slightly in crease the probability of developing any cancer. ..
- Mangé A, Crozet C, Lehmann S, Beranger F. Scrapie-like prion protein is translocated to the nuclei of infected cells independently of proteasome inhibition and interacts with chromatin. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2411-6 pubmed..Moreover, our results show for the first time that nuclear PrP interacts with chromatin in vivo, which may have physiopathological consequences in prion diseases ..
- Begaud Grimaud G, Battu S, Lazcoz P, Castresana J, Jauberteau M, Cardot P. Study of the phenotypic relationship in the IMR-32 human neuroblastoma cell line by sedimentation field flow fractionation. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:883-92 pubmed..The results could also suggest a close interaction between these different cellular phenotypes to create the IMR-32 cell lineage. ..
- Schleiermacher G, Michon J, Ribeiro A, Pierron G, Mosseri V, Rubie H, et al. Segmental chromosomal alterations lead to a higher risk of relapse in infants with MYCN-non-amplified localised unresectable/disseminated neuroblastoma (a SIOPEN collaborative study). Br J Cancer. 2011;105:1940-8 pubmed publisher..These findings will be implemented in a future international trial. ..
- Aguila B, Roussel M, Jauzac P, Allouche S. High-purity selection and maintenance of gene expression in human neuroblastoma cells stably over-expressing GFP fusion protein. Application for opioid receptors desensitization studies. Brain Res. 2006;1114:11-8 pubmed..Thus, this approach provides a valuable tool for exploring opioid receptors desensitization in neuronal cells. ..
- Mouledous L, Froment C, Dauvillier S, Burlet Schiltz O, Zajac J, Mollereau C. GRK2 protein-mediated transphosphorylation contributes to loss of function of ?-opioid receptors induced by neuropeptide FF (NPFF2) receptors. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12736-49 pubmed publisher..These data show that NPFF-induced heterologous desensitization of MOP receptor signaling is mediated by GRK2 and could involve transphosphorylation within the heteromeric receptor complex. ..
- Kerbrat A, Amzil Z, Pawlowiez R, Golubic S, Sibat M, Darius H, et al. First evidence of palytoxin and 42-hydroxy-palytoxin in the marine cyanobacterium Trichodesmium. Mar Drugs. 2011;9:543-60 pubmed publisher..The possible role played by Trichodesmium blooms in the development of clupeotoxism, this human intoxication following the ingestion of plankton-eating fish and classically associated with Ostreopsis blooms, is also discussed. ..
- Mollereau C, Roumy M, Zajac J. Neuropeptide FF receptor modulates potassium currents in a dorsal root ganglion cell line. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:1061-5 pubmed..The similar effects of NPFF and opioid agonists on K(+) currents in this cell line may explain their similar antinociceptive actions at the spinal level...
- Delloye Bourgeois C, Bertin L, Thoinet K, Jarrosson L, Kindbeiter K, Buffet T, et al. Microenvironment-Driven Shift of Cohesion/Detachment Balance within Tumors Induces a Switch toward Metastasis in Neuroblastoma. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:427-443.e8 pubmed publisher..Lowering SEMA3C levels shifts the balance toward detachment, triggering NB cells to collectively evade the tumor. Together with patient cohort analysis, this identifies a microenvironment-driven pro-metastatic switch for NB. ..
- Bouzas Rodriguez J, Cabrera J, Delloye Bourgeois C, Ichim G, Delcros J, Raquin M, et al. Neurotrophin-3 production promotes human neuroblastoma cell survival by inhibiting TrkC-induced apoptosis. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:850-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we believe that our data suggest that NT-3/TrkC disruption is a putative alternative targeted therapeutic strategy for the treatment of NB. ..
- Morel M, Couturier J, Pontcharraud R, Gil R, Fauconneau B, Paccalin M, et al. Evidence of molecular links between PKR and mTOR signalling pathways in Abeta neurotoxicity: role of p53, Redd1 and TSC2. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;36:151-61 pubmed publisher..The PKR gene silencing in SH-SY5Y cells prevented these alterations. p53, Redd1 and TSC2 could represent the molecular links between PKR and mTOR in Abeta neurotoxicity. PKR could be a critical target in a therapeutic program of AD. ..
- Peluso J, Gaveriaux Ruff C, Matthes H, Filliol D, Kieffer B. Orphanin FQ/nociceptin binds to functionally coupled ORL1 receptors on human immune cell lines and alters peripheral blood mononuclear cell proliferation. Brain Res Bull. 2001;54:655-60 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that OFQ/N and OFQ/N receptor may act as an immunomodulatory system. ..
- Héraud C, Chevrier L, Meunier A, Muller J, Chadéneau C. Vasoactive intestinal peptide-induced neuritogenesis in neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells involves SNAP-25. Neuropeptides. 2008;42:611-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SNAP-25 is up-regulated and implicated in neuritogenesis in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells treated with the neuropeptide VIP. ..
- Lacreuse I, Valla J, De Lagausie P, Varlet F, Heloury Y, Temporal G, et al. Thoracoscopic resection of neurogenic tumors in children. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:1725-8 pubmed..It avoids cosmetic and functional disorders because of thoracotomy. It allows a good cosmetic resection without spillage. ..
- Mocan I, Georgescauld F, Gonin P, Thoraval D, Cervoni L, Giartosio A, et al. Protein phosphorylation corrects the folding defect of the neuroblastoma (S120G) mutant of human nucleoside diphosphate kinase A/Nm23-H1. Biochem J. 2007;403:149-56 pubmed..coli. Its renaturation stops at a folding intermediate and cannot be reactivated by ATP in vitro. The transfection of cells with this double mutant might be a good model to study the cellular effects of folding intermediates. ..
- Corti O, Hampe C, Koutnikova H, Darios F, Jacquier S, Prigent A, et al. The p38 subunit of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complex is a Parkin substrate: linking protein biosynthesis and neurodegeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:1427-37 pubmed..This suggests that p38 plays a role in the pathogenesis of PD, opening the way for a detailed examination of its potential non-canonical role in neurodegeneration. ..
- Kassis R, Larrous F, Estaquier J, Bourhy H. Lyssavirus matrix protein induces apoptosis by a TRAIL-dependent mechanism involving caspase-8 activation. J Virol. 2004;78:6543-55 pubmed..In our model, Fas ligand (CD95L) appears to play a limited role in lyssavirus-mediated neuroblastoma cell death. Similarly, tumor necrosis factor alpha does not appear to play an important role. ..
- Robledo O, Auguste P, Coupey L, Praloran V, Chevalier S, Pouplard A, et al. Binding interactions of leukemia inhibitory factor and ciliary neurotrophic factor with the different subunits of their high affinity receptors. J Neurochem. 1996;66:1391-9 pubmed
- Ivanova E, Mau Them F, Riazuddin S, Kahrizi K, Laugel V, Schaefer E, et al. Homozygous Truncating Variants in TBC1D23 Cause Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia and Alter Cortical Development. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:428-440 pubmed publisher..We propose that mutations in TBC1D23 are responsible for a form of PCH with small, normally proportioned cerebellum and should be screened in individuals with syndromic pontocereballar hypoplasia. ..
- Avanzini S, Pio L, Erminio G, Granata C, Holmes K, Gambart M, et al. Image-defined risk factors in unresectable neuroblastoma: SIOPEN study on incidence, chemotherapy-induced variation, and impact on surgical outcomes. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..In addition, midline perivascular abdominal preoperative IDRF appeared to be predictive not only of surgical outcomes but also of EFS and OS. ..
- Allouche S, Polastron J, Hasbi A, Homburger V, Jauzac P. Differential G-protein activation by alkaloid and peptide opioid agonists in the human neuroblastoma cell line SK-N-BE. Biochem J. 1999;342 ( Pt 1):71-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the nature of the agonist, peptide or alkaloid is critical in determining the interaction between human delta-opioid receptors and Galpha subunits. ..
- Delmas P, Coste B. Na+ channel Nav1.9: in search of a gating mechanism. Trends Neurosci. 2003;26:55-7 pubmed..9, a member of the voltage-gated Na(+) channel family, is mediated by ligand binding rather than by voltage. This is arguably one of the most influential ideas brought to us in the history of the Na(+) channel field. ..
- Oulès B, Del Prete D, Greco B, Zhang X, Lauritzen I, Sevalle J, et al. Ryanodine receptor blockade reduces amyloid-? load and memory impairments in Tg2576 mouse model of Alzheimer disease. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11820-34 pubmed
- Mollereau C, Mazarguil H, Zajac J, Roumy M. Neuropeptide FF (NPFF) analogs functionally antagonize opioid activities in NPFF2 receptor-transfected SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:965-75 pubmed..This SH2-D9 cell line now provides the opportunity to study the interaction between both receptors. ..
- Dourlen P, Ando K, Hamdane M, Begard S, Buee L, Galas M. The peptidyl prolyl cis/trans isomerase Pin1 downregulates the Inhibitor of Apoptosis Protein Survivin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:1428-37 pubmed..The characterization of this functional relationship between Pin1 and Survivin might help to better understand mitosis control and cancer mechanisms. ..
- Gattolliat C, Thomas L, Ciafrè S, Meurice G, Le Teuff G, Job B, et al. Expression of miR-487b and miR-410 encoded by 14q32.31 locus is a prognostic marker in neuroblastoma. Br J Cancer. 2011;105:1352-61 pubmed publisher..Expression of miR-487b and miR-410 shows predictive value beyond the classical high-/low-risk stratification and is a biomarker of relapse in favourable neuroblastoma. ..
- Ledreux A, Krys S, Bernard C. Suitability of the Neuro-2a cell line for the detection of palytoxin and analogues (neurotoxic phycotoxins). Toxicon. 2009;53:300-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude by proposing an experimental design for functional assays using the Neuro-2a cell line for the specific detection of four neurotoxic phycotoxin families: saxitoxins, brevetoxins, ciguatoxins and palytoxins...
- Mergui X, Puiffe M, Valteau Couanet D, Lipinski M, Benard J, Amor Gueret M. p21Waf1 expression is regulated by nuclear intermediate filament vimentin in neuroblastoma. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:473 pubmed publisher..Our data also show that vimentin regulates p21 transcription; this is the first demonstration of a gene regulating function for this type III-intermediate filament. ..
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Schleiermacher G, Delattre O. Molecular pathogenesis of peripheral neuroblastic tumors. Oncogene. 2010;29:1566-79 pubmed publisher..Finally, based on recent observations integrating genomic analyses, biological data and clinical information, we discuss possible evolution/progression schemes in NB. ..