Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasms in Belgium
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Paupert J, Sounni N, NoÃ«l A. Lymphangiogenesis in post-natal tissue remodeling: lymphatic endothelial cell connection with its environment. Mol Aspects Med. 2011;32:146-58 pubmed publisher..Herein, we describe ECM-cell and cell-cell interactions on lymphatic system function and their modification occurring in pathologies including cancer metastasis. ..
- Benoot C, Deschepper R, Grypdonck M, Saelaert M, Bilsen J. Acting Independently While Living Alone: The Strategies and Struggles of Cancer Patients. Qual Health Res. 2015;25:1033-43 pubmed publisher..Health care providers should anticipate patients' inability to change strategies during cancer treatment, thereby preventing the patient's struggle from only becoming visible during crisis. ..
- Van Lancker A, Beeckman D, Verhaeghe S, Van den Noortgate N, Grypdonck M, Van Hecke A. An instrument to collect data on frequency and intensity of symptoms in older palliative cancer patients: A development and validation study. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2016;21:38-47 pubmed publisher..Cognitive interviewing has a valuable contribution in the validation process. The instrument can be used to gain insight in symptoms in older palliative cancer patients. ..
- Kourie H, Awada G, Awada A. Learning from the "tsunami" of immune checkpoint inhibitors in 2015. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;101:213-20 pubmed publisher..Then, we discussed different critical issues of these new agents going from their predictive factors, combination therapies, tumor response patterns, efficacy in particular settings, side effect management to cost and economic burden. ..
- Verrax J, Taper H, Buc Calderon P. Targeting cancer cells by an oxidant-based therapy. Curr Mol Pharmacol. 2008;1:80-92 pubmed..Thus, this review is dedicated to the analysis of the molecular pathways by which this promising combination exerts its antitumoural effect. ..
- Emeagi P, Goyvaerts C, Maenhout S, Pen J, Thielemans K, Breckpot K. Lentiviral vectors: a versatile tool to fight cancer. Curr Mol Med. 2013;13:602-25 pubmed..These will be discussed in view of our current knowledge of tumor immunology. Finally we will discuss some important issues and future directions to push the field forward. ..
- Beyaert R, Beaugerie L, Van Assche G, Brochez L, Renauld J, Viguier M, et al. Cancer risk in immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMID). Mol Cancer. 2013;12:98 pubmed publisher..This article is related to another review article in Molecular Cancer: http://www.molecular-cancer.com/content/12/1/86. ..
- Piscitelli P, Marino I, Falco A, Rivezzi M, Romano R, Mazzella R, et al. Hospitalizations in Pediatric and Adult Patients for All Cancer Type in Italy: The EPIKIT Study under the E.U. COHEIRS Project on Environment and Health. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Our findings call for specific risk assessment programs at local level (involving CRs) to search for causal relations with environmental exposures. ..
- Van de Vondel I, Tournel K, Verellen D, Duchateau M, Lelie S, Storme G. A diagnostic tool for basic daily quality assurance of a Tomotherapy Hi*Art machine. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2009;10:2972 pubmed..Ideally this tool should offer also the combined dosimetry check of jaw width, couch speed, leaf latency, output, leaf/gantry synchrony, and lasers. This will be investigated in the future. ..
- van der Heyden S, Chiers K, Vercauteren G, Daminet S, Wegge B, Paepe D, et al. Expression of multidrug resistance-associated P-glycoprotein in feline tumours. J Comp Pathol. 2011;144:164-9 pubmed publisher..These findings might have implications for future response to chemotherapy. ..
- Marquez B, Van Bambeke F. ABC multidrug transporters: target for modulation of drug pharmacokinetics and drug-drug interactions. Curr Drug Targets. 2011;12:600-20 pubmed..All together, these data justify why studying drug active transport should be part of the evaluation of new drugs, as recently recommended by the FDA. ..
- Wielockx B, Lannoy K, Shapiro S, Itoh T, Itohara S, Vandekerckhove J, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases blocks lethal hepatitis and apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factor and allows safe antitumor therapy. Nat Med. 2001;7:1202-8 pubmed..A broad-spectrum MMP inhibitor may be potentially useful for the treatment of patients with acute and perhaps chronic liver failure, and in cancer therapies using inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Speleman F, Kumps C, Buysse K, Poppe B, Menten B, De Preter K. Copy number alterations and copy number variation in cancer: close encounters of the bad kind. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2008;123:176-82 pubmed publisher..The role of germline CNVs in cancer predisposition is still largely unexplored. A number of observations seem to warrant the importance of further studies to elucidate the impact of these variants in the early steps of carcinogenesis. ..
- Huybrechts I, Casagrande C, Nicolas G, Geelen A, Crispim S, De Keyzer W, et al. Inventory of experiences from national/regional dietary monitoring surveys using EPIC-Soft. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011;65 Suppl 1:S16-28 pubmed publisher..To guarantee the comparability of data across countries, recommendations for the design of future pan-European dietary monitoring surveys using EPIC-Soft should be drawn. ..
- Pallis A, Fortpied C, Wedding U, Van Nes M, Penninckx B, Ring A, et al. EORTC elderly task force position paper: approach to the older cancer patient. Eur J Cancer. 2010;46:1502-13 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this paper is to focus on the influence of age on cancer presentation and cancer management in older cancer patients and to provide suggestions on clinical trial development and methodology in this population. ..
- Van Audenhove I, Denert M, Boucherie C, Pieters L, Cornelissen M, Gettemans J. Fascin Rigidity and L-plastin Flexibility Cooperate in Cancer Cell Invadopodia and Filopodia. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9148-60 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this, elevated L-plastin expression promotes elongation and reduces protrusion density in cells with relatively lower L-plastin than fascin levels. ..
- De Bock K, De Smet F, Leite De Oliveira R, Anthonis K, Carmeliet P. Endothelial oxygen sensors regulate tumor vessel abnormalization by instructing phalanx endothelial cells. J Mol Med (Berl). 2009;87:561-9 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the role of PHD2 in the regulation of vessel (ab)normalization and the therapeutic potential of PHD2 inhibition for tumor invasiveness and metastasis. ..
- Van Acker H, Anguille S, Willemen Y, Smits E, Van Tendeloo V. Bisphosphonates for cancer treatment: Mechanisms of action and lessons from clinical trials. Pharmacol Ther. 2016;158:24-40 pubmed publisher..Based on these recent data, the role of bisphosphonates is expected to further expand in the near future outside the field of osteoporosis and to open up new avenues in the treatment of malignancies. ..
- Wouters A, Boeckx C, Vermorken J, Van den Weyngaert D, Peeters M, Lardon F. The intriguing interplay between therapies targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor, the hypoxic microenvironment and hypoxia-inducible factors. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:907-17 pubmed..Further studies thus are warranted to define the precise mechanistic and therapeutic implications of the hypoxic response relative to the EGFR signaling pathway in cancer. ..
- Kenis C, Decoster L, Van Puyvelde K, De Greve J, Conings G, Milisen K, et al. Performance of two geriatric screening tools in older patients with cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2014;32:19-26 pubmed publisher..52). Both geriatric screening tools, G8 and fTRST, are simple and useful instruments in older patients with cancer for identifying patients with a geriatric risk profile and have a strong prognostic value for functional decline and OS. ..
- Johnson R, Halder G. The two faces of Hippo: targeting the Hippo pathway for regenerative medicine and cancer treatment. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2014;13:63-79 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the regulation of the Hippo signalling pathway, its functions in normal homeostasis and disease, and recent progress in the identification of small-molecule pathway modulators. ..
- Are C, Caniglia A, Malik M, Cummings C, Lecoq C, Berman R, et al. Variations in training of surgical oncologists: Proposal for a global curriculum. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2016;42:767-78 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that this curriculum will serve a role in streamlining education to tackle the rising global cancer burden. ..
- Lameire N, Flombaum C, Moreau D, Ronco C. Acute renal failure in cancer patients. Ann Med. 2005;37:13-25 pubmed..Ultimately, the key to managing ARF in cancer patients is to ensure that a multidisciplinary approach provides adequate assessment, appropriate preventative measures and early intervention. ..
- Isabelle M, Teodorovic I, Oosterhuis J, Riegman P, Passioukov A, Lejeune S, et al. Virtual microscopy in virtual tumor banking. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2006;587:75-86 pubmed..A system of complete pathology review supporting biorepositories is described, based on the implementation of this technique in the European Human Frozen Tumor Tissue Bank (TuBaFrost). ..
- Harjes U, Kalucka J, Carmeliet P. Targeting fatty acid metabolism in cancer and endothelial cells. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;97:15-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ECs are rather unique in this respect, creating novel therapeutic opportunities. Here, we review and compare the current understanding of FA utilisation in ECs and tumour cells (TCs). ..
- Vandewalle C, van Roy F, Berx G. The role of the ZEB family of transcription factors in development and disease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:773-87 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe what is currently known on the molecular pathways these transcription factors are implicated in, and we highlight their roles in development and human diseases, with a focus on tumor malignancy. ..
- Condé C, Gloire G, Piette J. Enzymatic and non-enzymatic activities of SHIP-1 in signal transduction and cancer. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:1320-34 pubmed publisher..Indeed, SHIP-1 exhibits several domains that mediate protein-protein interaction. This review emphasizes the negative regulation of immune cell activation by SHIP-1 that is mediated by its protein-protein interaction. ..
- Baitar A, van Fraeyenhove F, Vandebroek A, De Droogh E, Galdermans D, Mebis J, et al. Evaluation of the Groningen Frailty Indicator and the G8 questionnaire as screening tools for frailty in older patients with cancer. J Geriatr Oncol. 2013;4:32-8 pubmed publisher..For the G8 questionnaire, an adequate sensitivity and NPV were demonstrated, however at the expense of the specificity. For the GFI, we suggest to lower the threshold with one point to GFI ?3 to screen patients for a CGA. ..
- Carmeliet G, Van Cromphaut S, Daci E, Maes C, Bouillon R. Disorders of calcium homeostasis. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;17:529-46 pubmed..Several new drugs have been developed based on factors in this axis, including calcimimetics, calcilytics, vitamin D analogues and parathyroid hormone-related peptide inhibitors. ..
- Kellen E, Bulens P, Deckx L, Schouten H, Van Dijk M, Verdonck I, et al. Identifying an accurate pre-screening tool in geriatric oncology. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2010;75:243-8 pubmed publisher..14% had two or more impairments of the CGA or were cognitively impaired. The physical and disability questions are useful, but all other screening instruments miss too many cases. ..
- Cools M, Pleskacova J, Stoop H, Hoebeke P, Van Laecke E, Drop S, et al. Gonadal pathology and tumor risk in relation to clinical characteristics in patients with 45,X/46,XY mosaicism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E1171-80 pubmed publisher..In girls, tumor risk is limited but gonads are not functional, making gonadectomy the most reasonable option. ..
- Van Lint S, Renmans D, Broos K, Goethals L, Maenhout S, Benteyn D, et al. Intratumoral Delivery of TriMix mRNA Results in T-cell Activation by Cross-Presenting Dendritic Cells. Cancer Immunol Res. 2016;4:146-56 pubmed publisher..As such, we provide a platform and a mechanistic rationale for the clinical testing of i.t. administration of TriMix mRNA. ..
- Vandenabeele P, Vanden Berghe T, Festjens N. Caspase inhibitors promote alternative cell death pathways. Sci STKE. 2006;2006:pe44 pubmed
- Hanin F, Pauwels S, Bol A, Breeman W, de Jong M, Jamar F. Tumor uptake of 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotate: animal PET studies of tumor flow and acute somatostatin receptor modulation in the CA20948 rat model. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:157-65 pubmed publisher..Positron emission tomography (PET) allowed to reliably assess quantitative uptake of [(68)Ga]-DOTA-Tyr(3)-octreotate over time in the same animal, but failed in this model to measure tumor perfusion. ..
- Agostinis P, Berg K, Cengel K, Foster T, Girotti A, Gollnick S, et al. Photodynamic therapy of cancer: an update. CA Cancer J Clin. 2011;61:250-81 pubmed publisher..With a number of recent technological improvements, PDT has the potential to become integrated into the mainstream of cancer treatment. ..
- Garg A, Dudek A, Ferreira G, Verfaillie T, Vandenabeele P, Krysko D, et al. ROS-induced autophagy in cancer cells assists in evasion from determinants of immunogenic cell death. Autophagy. 2013;9:1292-307 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study unravels a role for ROS-induced autophagy in weakening functional interaction between dying cancer cells and the immune system thereby helping in evasion from ICD prerequisites or determinants. ..
- Vandewynckel Y, Laukens D, Geerts A, Bogaerts E, Paridaens A, Verhelst X, et al. The paradox of the unfolded protein response in cancer. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:4683-94 pubmed..In this review, we aim to elucidate the paradoxical role of the UPR in apoptosis and cancer. ..
- Martinive P, De Wever J, Bouzin C, Baudelet C, Sonveaux P, Gregoire V, et al. Reversal of temporal and spatial heterogeneities in tumor perfusion identifies the tumor vascular tone as a tunable variable to improve drug delivery. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006;5:1620-7 pubmed..ET(A) antagonist administration may wipe out such heterogeneities, thus representing an adjuvant strategy that could improve the delivery of conventional chemotherapy to tumors. ..
- De Boeck G, Forsyth R, Praet M, Hogendoorn P. Telomere-associated proteins: cross-talk between telomere maintenance and telomere-lengthening mechanisms. J Pathol. 2009;217:327-44 pubmed publisher..Special attention is paid to understanding how these telomere-associated factors, and mainly those involved in double-strand break repair, perform their activities at the telomere ends. ..
- Hendrix A, Westbroek W, Bracke M, De Wever O. An ex(o)citing machinery for invasive tumor growth. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9533-7 pubmed publisher..Emerging evidence indicates that various exocytic routes are implemented by cancer cells to relay crucial information for fostering growth, migration, and matrix degradation. ..
- Eersels K, van Grinsven B, Ethirajan A, Timmermans S, Jiménez Monroy K, Bogie J, et al. Selective identification of macrophages and cancer cells based on thermal transport through surface-imprinted polymer layers. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013;5:7258-67 pubmed publisher..The concept of the sensor platform is fast and low-cost while allowing also for repetitive measurements. ..
- Loose D, Van de Wiele C. The immune system and cancer. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2009;24:369-76 pubmed publisher..Finally, malignant cells may actively eliminate T-cells via activation-induced cell death or by mounting a counterattack through Fas ligand expression. ..
- Vanden Berghe W. Epigenetic impact of dietary polyphenols in cancer chemoprevention: lifelong remodeling of our epigenomes. Pharmacol Res. 2012;65:565-76 pubmed publisher..In this review will discuss the possible epigenetic contributions of dietary polyphenols in cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Thiry A, Dogne J, Masereel B, Supuran C. Targeting tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase IX in cancer therapy. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2006;27:566-73 pubmed..Indeed, fluorescent inhibitors and membrane-impermeant sulfonamides have recently been used as proof-of-concept tools, demonstrating that CA IX is an interesting target for anticancer drug development. ..
- Kiasuwa Mbengi R, Otter R, Mortelmans K, Arbyn M, Van Oyen H, Bouland C, et al. Barriers and opportunities for return-to-work of cancer survivors: time for action--rapid review and expert consultation. Syst Rev. 2016;5:35 pubmed publisher..Social and employment policies should be better tailored to support both employers and cancer survivors in the RTW process, providing incentives to positively discriminate cancer survivors on prolonged sick leave. ..
- Huybrechts I, Geelen A, de Vries J, Casagrande C, Nicolas G, De Keyzer W, et al. Respondents' evaluation of the 24-h dietary recall method (EPIC-Soft) in the EFCOVAL Project. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011;65 Suppl 1:S29-37 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the methods and the design to be used in a survey should be adapted according to the study population, so as to optimize response rate and compliance. ..
- Maenhout S, Van Lint S, Emeagi P, Thielemans K, Aerts J. Enhanced suppressive capacity of tumor-infiltrating myeloid-derived suppressor cells compared with their peripheral counterparts. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:1077-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, we showed that tumor-infiltrating MDSCs possess a stronger suppressive capacity than their peripheral counterparts and that various suppressive mechanisms account for this difference. ..
- Lycke M, Boterberg T, Martens E, Ketelaars L, Pottel H, Lambrecht A, et al. Implementation of uHearâ„¢--an iOS-based application to screen for hearing loss--in older patients with cancer undergoing a comprehensive geriatric assessment. J Geriatr Oncol. 2016;7:126-33 pubmed publisher..0%) but poor specificity (36.4%) at our predefined cut-off score of â‰¥40dB HL. uHearâ„¢ can be implemented as a screening tool to detect hearing loss in older patients with cancer within a CGA. ..
- Denies S, Sanders N. Recent progress in canine tumor vaccination: potential applications for human tumor vaccines. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2012;11:1375-86 pubmed publisher..In this article, preclinical and clinical trials with tumor vaccines in dogs are discussed, as well as the surplus value of canine cancer patients for human medicine. ..
- Schroyen S, Missotten P, Jerusalem G, Gilles C, Adam S. Ageism and caring attitudes among nurses in oncology. Int Psychogeriatr. 2016;28:749-57 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the need for nurses and other healthcare providers to receive specific training about ageism and its consequences. ..
- Taper H. Altered deoxyribonuclease activity in cancer cells and its role in non toxic adjuvant cancer therapy with mixed vitamins C and K3. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:2727-32 pubmed
- Loges S, Mazzone M, Hohensinner P, Carmeliet P. Silencing or fueling metastasis with VEGF inhibitors: antiangiogenesis revisited. Cancer Cell. 2009;15:167-70 pubmed publisher..We discuss here how VEGF inhibitors can induce such divergent effects on primary tumor growth and metastasis. ..
- Diepart C, Verrax J, Calderon P, Feron O, Jordan B, Gallez B. Comparison of methods for measuring oxygen consumption in tumor cells in vitro. Anal Biochem. 2010;396:250-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, the MitoXpress fluorescent assay has the advantage of a high-sample throughput and low bulk requirements but at the cost of a lower sensitivity. ..
- Dejonckheere E, Vandenbroucke R, Libert C. Matrix metalloproteinase8 has a central role in inflammatory disorders and cancer progression. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2011;22:73-81 pubmed publisher..This review will shed light on the putative role of MMP8 as a drug target or disease marker in some inflammatory disorders and in cancer progression. ..
- Goossens J, Delbaere I, Van Lancker A, Beeckman D, Verhaeghe S, Van Hecke A. Cancer patients' and professional caregivers' needs, preferences and factors associated with receiving and providing fertility-related information: a mixed-methods systematic review. Int J Nurs Stud. 2014;51:300-19 pubmed publisher..Further exploration of the role of Advanced Nurse Practitioners/Midwifes and the development of an evidence based intervention to overcome caregiver-related barriers are recommended to improve information provision. ..
- Krysko O, Løve Aaes T, Bachert C, Vandenabeele P, Krysko D. Many faces of DAMPs in cancer therapy. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e631 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will critically evaluate the beneficial and detrimental roles of DAMPs in cancer therapy, focusing mainly on CRT, ATP and HMGB1. ..
- Aaes T, Kaczmarek A, Delvaeye T, De Craene B, De Koker S, Heyndrickx L, et al. Vaccination with Necroptotic Cancer Cells Induces Efficient Anti-tumor Immunity. Cell Rep. 2016;15:274-87 pubmed publisher..Our study broadens the current concept of immunogenic cell death and opens doors for the development of new strategies in cancer therapy. ..
- Gils A, Declerck P. The structural basis for the pathophysiological relevance of PAI-I in cardiovascular diseases and the development of potential PAI-I inhibitors. Thromb Haemost. 2004;91:425-37 pubmed
- Gaugler B, Brouwenstijn N, Vantomme V, Szikora J, Van der Spek C, Patard J, et al. A new gene coding for an antigen recognized by autologous cytolytic T lymphocytes on a human renal carcinoma. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:323-30 pubmed..This represents the first identification of an antigen recognized by autologous CTL on a renal tumor. ..
- Lurquin C, de Smet C, Brasseur F, Muscatelli F, Martelange V, De Plaen E, et al. Two members of the human MAGEB gene family located in Xp21.3 are expressed in tumors of various histological origins. Genomics. 1997;46:397-408 pubmed..The transcription of MAGE-B1 and MAGE-B2 can be induced by 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine, suggesting that the activation of these genes in tumors results from a demethylation process. ..
- Schrijvers D, Catimel G, Highley M, Höppener F, Dirix L, de Bruijn E, et al. KW-2149-induced pulmonary toxicity is not prevented by corticosteroids: a phase I and pharmacokinetic study. Anticancer Drugs. 1999;10:633-9 pubmed..No other important side effects were noted. One partial response was observed in a patient with colorectal cancer. Pretreatment with dexamethasone failed to suppress KW-2149-induced lung toxicity. ..
- Van Troys M, Huyck L, Leyman S, Dhaese S, Vandekerkhove J, Ampe C. Ins and outs of ADF/cofilin activity and regulation. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:649-67 pubmed publisher..In this framework, we describe current views on how ADF/cofilins function in migrating and invading cells. ..
- Vandercappellen J, Van Damme J, Struyf S. The role of CXC chemokines and their receptors in cancer. Cancer Lett. 2008;267:226-44 pubmed publisher..Finally, their therapeutic use in cancer treatment is discussed. ..
- Meeus M, Mistiaen W, Lambrecht L, Nijs J. Immunological similarities between cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome: the common link to fatigue?. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:4717-26 pubmed..These anomalies may be part of the physiopathology of some of the common complaints, such as fatigue. Further studies to confirm the hypotheses given here are warranted...
- Pilotte L, Larrieu P, Stroobant V, Colau D, Dolusic E, Frederick R, et al. Reversal of tumoral immune resistance by inhibition of tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2497-502 pubmed publisher..Our results describe a mechanism of tumoral immune resistance based on TDO expression and establish proof-of-concept for the use of TDO inhibitors in cancer therapy. ..
- Diez Fraile A, Lammens T, Benoit Y, D Herde K. The calcium-sensing receptor as a regulator of cellular fate in normal and pathological conditions. Curr Mol Med. 2013;13:282-95 pubmed..Here, we will review the recent discoveries regarding the relevance of CaSR signaling in development and disease. Furthermore, we will discuss the rational for developing and using CaSR-based therapeutics. ..
- Depuydt T, Poels K, Verellen D, Engels B, Collen C, Haverbeke C, et al. Initial assessment of tumor tracking with a gimbaled linac system in clinical circumstances: a patient simulation study. Radiother Oncol. 2013;106:236-40 pubmed publisher..On average 1.8 mGy/min kV skin dose was observed for 1 Hz monitoring. The Vero tracking solution proved to be fully functional and showed performance comparable with other real-time tracking systems. ..
- Van Audenhove I, Boucherie C, Pieters L, Zwaenepoel O, Vanloo B, Martens E, et al. Stratifying fascin and cortactin function in invadopodium formation using inhibitory nanobodies and targeted subcellular delocalization. FASEB J. 2014;28:1805-18 pubmed publisher..Hence, we demonstrate that nanobodies enable high resolution protein function mapping in cells. ..
- van Roy F. Beyond E-cadherin: roles of other cadherin superfamily members in cancer. Nat Rev Cancer. 2014;14:121-34 pubmed publisher..These cadherins are very diverse in both structure and function, and their mutual interactions seem to influence biological responses in complex and versatile ways. ..
- Malfliet A, Leysen L, Pas R, Kuppens K, Nijs J, van Wilgen P, et al. Modern pain neuroscience in clinical practice: applied to post-cancer, paediatric and sports-related pain. Braz J Phys Ther. 2017;21:225-232 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this masterclass article aims at giving an overview of the current modern pain neuroscience knowledge and its potential application in post-cancer, paediatric and sports-related pain problems. ..
- Renault A, Mebirouk N, Cavaciuti E, Le Gal D, Lecarpentier J, d Enghien C, et al. Telomere length, ATM mutation status and cancer risk in Ataxia-Telangiectasia families. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:994-1003 pubmed publisher..TL measurement alone is not a good marker for predicting cancer risk in A-T families. ..
- Pauwels B, Korst A, De Pooter C, Lambrechts H, Pattyn G, Lardon F, et al. The radiosensitising effect of gemcitabine and the influence of the rescue agent amifostine in vitro. Eur J Cancer. 2003;39:838-46 pubmed
- Uyttenhove C, Pilotte L, Theate I, Stroobant V, Colau D, Parmentier N, et al. Evidence for a tumoral immune resistance mechanism based on tryptophan degradation by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. Nat Med. 2003;9:1269-74 pubmed..These results suggest that the efficacy of therapeutic vaccination of cancer patients might be improved by concomitant administration of an IDO inhibitor. ..
- Roebroek A, Taylor N, Louagie E, Pauli I, Smeijers L, Snellinx A, et al. Limited redundancy of the proprotein convertase furin in mouse liver. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53442-50 pubmed
- Strumane K, Bonnomet A, Stove C, Vandenbroucke R, Nawrocki Raby B, Bruyneel E, et al. E-cadherin regulates human Nanos1, which interacts with p120ctn and induces tumor cell migration and invasion. Cancer Res. 2006;66:10007-15 pubmed..Targeting hNanos1 might be a promising strategy in the treatment of E-cadherin-negative tumors in particular. ..
- De Ganck A, De Corte V, Staes A, Gevaert K, Vandekerckhove J, Gettemans J. Multiple isoforms of the tumor suppressor myopodin are simultaneously transcribed in cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:269-73 pubmed publisher..These findings shed new light on the expression of this tumor suppressor gene and necessitate closer examination of both mouse and human myopodin polypeptides currently under study. ..
- Pousset G, Bilsen J, De Wilde J, Benoit Y, Verlooy J, Bomans A, et al. Attitudes of adolescent cancer survivors toward end-of-life decisions for minors. Pediatrics. 2009;124:e1142-8 pubmed publisher..They value autonomous decision-making, without excluding parents from the process. The experience of living through a life-threatening illness can alter adolescents' attitudes toward requests for NTDs and APS. ..
- De Keulenaer G, Doggen K, Lemmens K. The vulnerability of the heart as a pluricellular paracrine organ: lessons from unexpected triggers of heart failure in targeted ErbB2 anticancer therapy. Circ Res. 2010;106:35-46 pubmed publisher..The vulnerability of the heart as a pluricellular paracrine system appears greater than anticipated and intercellular crosstalk an essential component of its functional and structural integrity. ..