Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasm staging in Italy
Topic: neoplasm staging
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Necchi A, Colecchia M, Nicolai N, Piva L, Catanzaro M, Biasoni D, et al. Towards the definition of the best management and prognostic factors of teratoma with malignant transformation: a single-institution case series and new proposal. BJU Int. 2011;107:1088-94 pubmed publisher..To investigate the optimal management and prognostic factors of patients with malignant transformation (MT) in germ-cell tumour (GCT) by re-evaluating Institutional series...
- Podda M, Luksch R, Polastri D, Gandola L, Piva L, Collini P, et al. Neuroblastoma in patients over 12 years old: a 20-year experience at the Istituto Nazionale Tumori of Milan. Tumori. 2010;96:684-9 pubmed..As neuroblastoma is rare in adolescents and exceedingly rare in adults, few series are reported in the literature. In the present study, we analyzed the outcomes and clinical characteristics of a mono-institutional series...
- Ribero D, Nuzzo G, Amisano M, Tomatis M, Guglielmi A, Giulini S, et al. Comparison of the prognostic accuracy of the sixth and seventh editions of the TNM classification for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. HPB (Oxford). 2011;13:198-205 pubmed publisher..The new seventh edition of the AJCC/UICC Staging System proved to be adequate although further studies are need to confirm its superiority compared with the previous edition. ..
- Sigalotti L, Fratta E, Bidoli E, Covre A, Parisi G, Colizzi F, et al. Methylation levels of the "long interspersed nucleotide element-1" repetitive sequences predict survival of melanoma patients. J Transl Med. 2011;9:78 pubmed publisher..01). LINE-1 methylation is identified as a molecular marker of prognosis for CM patients in stage IIIC. Evaluation of LINE-1 promises to represent a key tool for driving the most appropriate clinical management of stage III CM patients. ..
- Casiraghi M, De Pas T, Maisonneuve P, Brambilla D, Ciprandi B, Galetta D, et al. A 10-year single-center experience on 708 lung metastasectomies: the evidence of the "international registry of lung metastases". J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1373-8 pubmed publisher..Number of metastases, presence of lymph node metastases, surgical approach, and number of metastasectomies did not statistically influence long-term survival. ..
- Parma G, Mancari R, Del Conte G, Scambia G, Gadducci A, Hess D, et al. An open-label phase 2 study of twice-weekly bortezomib and intermittent pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in patients with ovarian cancer failing platinum-containing regimens. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:792-800 pubmed publisher..Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) is an established treatment for relapsed ovarian cancer. Preclinical and clinical evidences in other tumor types suggest that the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib can act synergistically with PLD...
- Ippolito D, Capraro C, Guerra L, De Ponti E, Messa C, Sironi S. Feasibility of perfusion CT technique integrated into conventional 18FDG/PET-CT studies in lung cancer patients: clinical staging and functional information in a single study. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013;40:156-65 pubmed publisher..Perfusion CT combined with PET/CT is feasible technique that may provide additional functional information about vascularity and tumour aggressiveness as a result of lower perfusion and higher metabolism shown by larger lesions. ..
- Fossati N, Karnes R, Cozzarini C, Fiorino C, Gandaglia G, Joniau S, et al. Assessing the Optimal Timing for Early Salvage Radiation Therapy in Patients with Prostate-specific Antigen Rise After Radical Prostatectomy. Eur Urol. 2016;69:728-733 pubmed publisher..In these patients, eSRT conferred better cancer control when administered at the very first sign of PSA rise. ..
- Kusamura S, Torres Mesa P, Cabras A, Baratti D, Deraco M. The Role of Ki-67 and Pre-cytoreduction Parameters in Selecting Diffuse Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma (DMPM) Patients for Cytoreductive Surgery (CRS) and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC). Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1468-73 pubmed publisher..Patients with Ki-67 >Â 9Â % and PCIÂ >Â 17 are unlikely to benefit from the procedure and should be considered for other treatment protocols. ..
- Barbagallo D, Condorelli A, Ragusa M, Salito L, Sammito M, Banelli B, et al. Dysregulated miR-671-5p / CDR1-AS / CDR1 / VSNL1 axis is involved in glioblastoma multiforme. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4746-59 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose that the axis miR-671-5p / CDR1-AS / CDR1 / VSNL1 is functionally altered in GBM cells and is involved in the modification of their biopathological profile. ..
- Tamburini E, Rudnas B, Santelmo C, Drudi F, Gianni L, Nicoletti S, et al. Maintenance based Bevacizumab versus complete stop or continuous therapy after induction therapy in first line treatment of stage IV colorectal cancer: A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;104:115-23 pubmed publisher..We observed no difference between MB and CT. MB should be considered the standard regimen in patients with stage IV colorectal cancer after first line induction therapy. ..
- Avanzini S, Pio L, Erminio G, Granata C, Holmes K, Gambart M, et al. Image-defined risk factors in unresectable neuroblastoma: SIOPEN study on incidence, chemotherapy-induced variation, and impact on surgical outcomes. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..In addition, midline perivascular abdominal preoperative IDRF appeared to be predictive not only of surgical outcomes but also of EFS and OS. ..
- Gadducci A, Di Cristofano C, Zavaglia M, Giusti L, Menicagli M, Cosio S, et al. P53 gene status in patients with advanced serous epithelial ovarian cancer in relation to response to paclitaxel- plus platinum-based chemotherapy and long-term clinical outcome. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:687-93 pubmed..Nevertheless, the comprehensive analysis of p53 genotype, including the SNP codon 72, warrants further investigation in order to envisage individual responsiveness to cancer therapy. ..
- Frullanti E, Colombo F, Falvella F, Galvan A, Noci S, De Cecco L, et al. Association of lung adenocarcinoma clinical stage with gene expression pattern in noninvolved lung tissue. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:E643-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that individual variations in the transcriptional profile of noninvolved lung tissue may reflect the lung ADCA patient's predisposition to tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Capitanio U, Matloob R, Suardi N, Abdollah F, Castiglione F, Di Trapani D, et al. The extent of lymphadenectomy does affect cancer specific survival in pathologically confirmed T4 renal cell carcinoma. Urologia. 2012;79:109-15 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that patients with locally advanced cancer invading beyond Gerota's fascia (pT4 Nany Many RCC) might benefit from an extended LND not only for staging but also for survival purposes...
- Di Landro A, Marchesi L, Naldi L, Motta T, Cainelli T. A case of hypopigmented mycosis fungoides in a young Caucasian boy. Pediatr Dermatol. 1997;14:449-52 pubmed..Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides must now be included in the differential diagnosis of hypopigmented macular lesions not only in black or dark-skinned patients but also in white patients. ..
- Ghilardi G, Biondi M, Caputo M, Leviti S, DeMonti M, Guagnellini E, et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-3 promoter enhances breast cancer susceptibility. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:3820-3 pubmed
- Massone P, Lequaglie C, Magnani B, Ferro F, Cataldo I. The real impact and usefulness of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery in the diagnosis and therapy of clinical lymphadenopathies of the mediastinum. Ann Surg Oncol. 2003;10:1197-202 pubmed..The usefulness of VATS allowed the pathological assessment of the presumed involved mediastinal lymph nodes in every patient and thus permitted to assure in all the cases the indicated therapeutic treatment. ..
- Graziano F, Arduini F, Ruzzo A, Mandolesi A, Bearzi I, Silva R, et al. Combined analysis of E-cadherin gene (CDH1) promoter hypermethylation and E-cadherin protein expression in patients with gastric cancer: implications for treatment with demethylating drugs. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:489-92 pubmed..The knowledge on the hypermethylation status of tumor suppressor genes may be relevant to the development of demethylating drugs and novel chemopreventive strategies in solid tumors. ..
- Palumbo A, Avonto I, Bruno B, Falcone A, Scalzulli P, Ambrosini M, et al. Intermediate-dose melphalan (100 mg/m2)/bortezomib/thalidomide/dexamethasone and stem cell support in patients with refractory or relapsed myeloma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma. 2006;6:475-7 pubmed..Response rate was higher than that induced by the previous line of treatment in 12 patients (46%). Melphalan/bortezomib/thalidomide/dexamethasone showed encouraging antimyeloma activity in patients with advanced-stage myeloma. ..
- Bosetti C, Bravi F, Talamini R, Parpinel M, Gnagnarella P, Negri E, et al. Flavonoids and prostate cancer risk: a study in Italy. Nutr Cancer. 2006;56:123-7 pubmed..Thus, the results of the present study do not support a protective effect of flavonoids on prostate cancer in this Italian population, characterized by a high intake of flavonoid-containing foods (except isoflavone-rich foods). ..
- Reni M, Gatta G, Mazza E, Vecht C. Ependymoma. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2007;63:81-9 pubmed..There is no proof that postoperative chemotherapy improves the outcome. At recurrence, platinum-, nitrosourea- or temozolomide-based chemotherapy can be administered, although there is no evidence of efficacy. ..
- Botteri E, Bagnardi V, Goldhirsch A, Viale G, Rotmensz N. Axillary lymph node involvement in women with breast cancer: does it depend on age?. Clin Breast Cancer. 2010;10:318-21 pubmed publisher..Lack of systematic screening programs for this subpopulation and tendency of the elderly to wait longer before consulting a physician might be blamed. Aging per se does not increase the risk of LN involvement. ..
- Bellone G, Gramigni C, Vizio B, Mauri F, Prati A, Solerio D, et al. Abnormal expression of Endoglin and its receptor complex (TGF-?1 and TGF-? receptor II) as early angiogenic switch indicator in premalignant lesions of the colon mucosa. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1153-65 pubmed..These findings suggest active angiogenesis occurs in many pre-malignant colon cases and supports more careful evaluation of different chemopreventive agents. ..
- Scagliotti G, Hirsh V, Siena S, Henry D, Woll P, Manegold C, et al. Overall survival improvement in patients with lung cancer and bone metastases treated with denosumab versus zoledronic acid: subgroup analysis from a randomized phase 3 study. J Thorac Oncol. 2012;7:1823-1829 pubmed publisher..7% denosumab versus 0.8% ZA). Hypocalcemia rates were 8.6% with denosumab and 3.8% with ZA. In this exploratory analysis, denosumab was associated with improved overall survival compared with ZA, in patients with metastatic lung cancer. ..
- Viale G. Characterization and clinical impact of residual disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Breast. 2013;22 Suppl 2:S88-91 pubmed publisher..It is essential that protocols for evaluation of tumour response and for assessment of prognostic/predictive parameters of residual disease after NACT be eventually harmonized. ..
- Gandaglia G, Becker A, Trinh Q, Abdollah F, Schiffmann J, Roghmann F, et al. Long-term survival in patients with germ cell testicular cancer: a population-based competing-risks regression analysis. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014;40:103-12 pubmed publisher..Such information can help provide patients and physicians with better screening strategies, follow-up protocols, and mental preparedness for such undesirable effects. ..
- Veronesi U, Orecchia R, Maisonneuve P, Viale G, Rotmensz N, Sangalli C, et al. Intraoperative radiotherapy versus external radiotherapy for early breast cancer (ELIOT): a randomised controlled equivalence trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:1269-77 pubmed publisher..However, its ability to control for recurrence of local disease required confirmation in a randomised controlled trial...
- Luminari S, Goldaniga M, Cesaretti M, Orsucci L, Tucci A, Pulsoni A, et al. A phase II study of bendamustine in combination with rituximab as initial treatment for patients with indolent non-follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:880-7 pubmed publisher..RB combination is active and well tolerated in patients with advanced stage previously untreated INFL. ..
- Filosso P, Rena O, Donati G, Casadio C, Ruffini E, Papalia E, et al. Bronchial carcinoid tumors: surgical management and long-term outcome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002;123:303-9 pubmed..Surgical treatment requires radical excision and lymph node sampling. Survival and long-term outcome are significantly related to the histologic type, nodal status, and pathologic stage. ..
- Ficarra V, Maffei N, Piacentini I, al Rabi N, Cerruto M, Artibani W. Local treatment of penile squamous cell carcinoma. Urol Int. 2002;69:169-73 pubmed..The local recurrence rates seem higher than radical surgery and the functional and aesthetic results are not excellent in all cases. Moreover, radiotherapy seems to have a negligible percentage of local complications...
- Alterio D, Jereczek Fossa B, Griseri M, d Onofrio A, Giugliano G, Fiore M, et al. Three-dimensional conformal postoperative radiotherapy in patients with parotid tumors: 10 years' experience at the European Institute of Oncology. Tumori. 2011;97:328-34 pubmed publisher..Salivary gland malignancies are rare. The aim of our study was to investigate radiotherapy-related toxicity and clinical outcome in patients treated at our division with postoperative radiotherapy (pRT) for parotid tumors...
- Vavassori A, Gherardi F, Colangione S, Fodor C, Cattani F, Lazzari R, et al. High-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy in early stage buccal mucosa and lip cancer: report on 12 consecutive patients and review of the literature. Tumori. 2012;98:471-7 pubmed publisher..To evaluate clinical outcome and toxicity using high-dose-rate brachytherapy as monotherapy in head and neck carcinomas...
- De Luca S, Passera R, Sottile A, Fiori C, Scarpa R, Porpiglia F. [-2]proPSA versus ultrasensitive PSA fluctuations over time in the first year from radical prostatectomy, in an high-risk prostate cancer population: A first report. BMC Urol. 2016;16:14 pubmed publisher..Since BCR was not confirmed as determinant of [-2]proPSA fluctuations, its use as marker of early biochemical relapse may not be actually recommended, in an high-risk prostate cancer patients population. ..
- Ruzzo A, Graziano F, Galli F, Galli F, Rulli E, Lonardi S, et al. Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase pharmacogenetics for predicting fluoropyrimidine-related toxicity in the randomised, phase III adjuvant TOSCA trial in high-risk colon cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1269-1277 pubmed publisher..0004) variant alleles were significantly associated with time to neutropenia. This study adds evidence on the role of DPYD pharmacogenetics for safety of patients undergoing fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy. ..
- Notarnicola M, Altomare D, Calvani M, Orlando A, Bifulco M, D Attoma B, et al. Fatty acid synthase hyperactivation in human colorectal cancer: relationship with tumor side and sex. Oncology. 2006;71:327-32 pubmed
- Kalogris C, Caprodossi S, Amantini C, Lambertucci F, Nabissi M, Morelli M, et al. Expression of transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) in urothelial cancers of human bladder: relation to clinicopathological and molecular parameters. Histopathology. 2010;57:744-52 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of TRPV1 mRNA expression may represent an independent negative prognostic factor for bladder cancer patients. ..
- Ruffini E, Filosso P, Mossetti C, Bruna M, Novero D, Lista P, et al. Thymoma: inter-relationships among World Health Organization histology, Masaoka staging and myasthenia gravis and their independent prognostic significance: a single-centre experience. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011;40:146-53 pubmed publisher
- Franciosi V, Fumagalli M, Biscari L, Martinelli R, Ferri T, Bella M, et al. Compliance and outcomes in locally advanced head and neck cancer patients treated with alternating chemo-radiotherapy in clinical practice. Tumori. 2003;89:20-5 pubmed..To evaluate the feasibility in clinical practice of alternating chemo-radiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck cancer patients...
- Capitanio U, Scattoni V, Freschi M, Briganti A, Salonia A, Gallina A, et al. Radical prostatectomy for incidental (stage T1a-T1b) prostate cancer: analysis of predictors for residual disease and biochemical recurrence. Eur Urol. 2008;54:118-25 pubmed publisher..PSA measured after surgery for BPH and Gleason score at surgery for BPH were the only independent predictors of biochemical recurrence after radical retropubic prostatectomy. ..
- Fontana R, Bregni M, Cipponi A, Raccosta L, Rainelli C, Maggioni D, et al. Peripheral blood lymphocytes genetically modified to express the self/tumor antigen MAGE-A3 induce antitumor immune responses in cancer patients. Blood. 2009;113:1651-60 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies on a larger group of patients are needed to evaluate the clinical efficacy of such a strategy. ..
- Roviaro G, Varoli F, Vergani C, Maciocco M. State of the art in thoracospic surgery: a personal experience of 2000 videothoracoscopic procedures and an overview of the literature. Surg Endosc. 2002;16:881-92 pubmed..We widely perform videoendoscopic major pulmonary resections, but we believe that these procedures should only be used in strictly selected cases and at specialized centers. ..
- Silvestri V, Barrowdale D, Mulligan A, Neuhausen S, Fox S, Karlan B, et al. Male breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: pathology data from the Consortium of Investigators of Modifiers of BRCA1/2. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:15 pubmed publisher..e., high histologic grade). These findings could lead to the development of gender-specific risk prediction models and guide clinical strategies appropriate for MBC management. ..
- Pelizzo M, Boschin I, Toniato A, Piotto A, Pagetta C, Gross M, et al. Papillary thyroid carcinoma: 35-year outcome and prognostic factors in 1858 patients. Clin Nucl Med. 2007;32:440-4 pubmed..In high risk patients, total thyroidectomy and lymphadenectomy followed by I-131 treatment and TSH-suppressive hormonal therapy are recommended. ..
- Aldrighetti L, Guzzetti E, Pulitano C, Cipriani F, Catena M, Paganelli M, et al. Case-matched analysis of totally laparoscopic versus open liver resection for HCC: short and middle term results. J Surg Oncol. 2010;102:82-6 pubmed publisher..7 and 31.4 months for OR group (P NS). Laparoscopic resection of HCC is feasible and safe in selected patients and can result in good surgical results, with similar outcomes in terms of overall and disease-free survival. ..
- CalabrÃ² L, Morra A, Fonsatti E, Cutaia O, Amato G, Giannarelli D, et al. Tremelimumab for patients with chemotherapy-resistant advanced malignant mesothelioma: an open-label, single-arm, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:1104-1111 pubmed publisher..Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Pfizer, and Fondazione Buzzi Unicem. ..
- ObÃ³n Santacana M, Lujan Barroso L, Travis R, Freisling H, Ferrari P, Severi G, et al. Acrylamide and Glycidamide Hemoglobin Adducts and Epithelial Ovarian Cancer: A Nested Case-Control Study in Nonsmoking Postmenopausal Women from the EPIC Cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:127-34 pubmed publisher..It is unlikely that dietary acrylamide exposure increases ovarian cancer risk; however, additional studies with larger sample size should be performed to exclude any possible association with EOC risk. ..
- Pecorelli S. Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the vulva, cervix, and endometrium. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009;105:103-4 pubmed
- Pomerri F, Pucciarelli S, Maretto I, Zandonà M, Del Bianco P, Amadio L, et al. Prospective assessment of imaging after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancer. Surgery. 2011;149:56-64 pubmed publisher..These findings may be of clinical relevance for planning less invasive surgery. ..
- Colombo R, Da Pozzo L, Salonia A, Rigatti P, Leib Z, Baniel J, et al. Multicentric study comparing intravesical chemotherapy alone and with local microwave hyperthermia for prophylaxis of recurrence of superficial transitional cell carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2003;21:4270-6 pubmed
- Arcaini L, Paulli M, Boveri E, Vallisa D, Bernuzzi P, Orlandi E, et al. Splenic and nodal marginal zone lymphomas are indolent disorders at high hepatitis C virus seroprevalence with distinct presenting features but similar morphologic and phenotypic profiles. Cancer. 2004;100:107-15 pubmed..Studies will be required to identify specific biologic markers and to define the best treatment. ..
- Ferrari A, Bisogno G, Alaggio R, Cecchetto G, Collini P, Rosolen A, et al. Synovial sarcoma of children and adolescents: the prognostic role of axial sites. Eur J Cancer. 2008;44:1202-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings emphasise that children and adolescents with SS originating at non-extremity locations have a worse prognosis than those with limb SS. Tumour site should be considered when defining a risk-adapted treatment strategy for SS. ..
- Marchetti A, Pellegrini S, Bertacca G, Buttitta F, Gaeta P, Carnicelli V, et al. FHIT and p53 gene abnormalities in bronchioloalveolar carcinomas. Correlations with clinicopathological data and K-ras mutations. J Pathol. 1998;184:240-6 pubmed..In conclusion, these results indicate that FHIT alterations are frequently involved in BAC tumourigenesis and that genetic changes in the p53 and K-ras genes can distinguish between different histotypes of BAC. ..
- Terzolo M, Pia A, Berruti A, Osella G, Ali A, Carbone V, et al. Low-dose monitored mitotane treatment achieves the therapeutic range with manageable side effects in patients with adrenocortical cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:2234-8 pubmed..The present data provide a rationale to change the approach to mitotane treatment in patients with adrenocortical carcinoma from high dose to low dose regimens. ..
- Sortini A, Santini M, Carcoforo P, Sortini D, Pozza E, Donini I. Primary lung epithelioid hemangio-endothelioma with multiple bilateral metachronous localizations: case report and review. Int Surg. 2000;85:336-8 pubmed..The authors report a case of primary epithelioid (EH) in a 73-year-old female. ..
- Pasello G, Nicotra S, Marulli G, Rea F, Bonanno L, Carli P, et al. Platinum-based doublet chemotherapy in pre-treated malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) patients: a mono-institutional experience. Lung Cancer. 2011;73:351-5 pubmed publisher..The present results from a small series of patients should be confirmed by a prospective trial in a larger cohort of patients. ..
- Decensi A, Johansson H, Miceli R, Mariani L, Camerini T, Cavadini E, et al. Long-term effects of fenretinide, a retinoic acid derivative, on the insulin-like growth factor system in women with early breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2001;10:1047-53 pubmed..Fenretinide induces a moderate decline of IGF-I levels in women < or = 50 years of age. The association between IGF-I change and the reduction of second breast cancers in premenopausal women warrants further study. ..
- D Ugo D, Pende V, Persiani R, Rausei S, Picciocchi A. Laparoscopic staging of gastric cancer: an overview. J Am Coll Surg. 2003;196:965-74 pubmed
- Capitanio U. Contemporary management of patients with T1a and T1b prostate cancer. Curr Opin Urol. 2011;21:252-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies focusing on biologic and clinical markers of progression are mandatory to identify those patients who require active treatment after incidental PCa diagnosis. ..
- Lughezzani G, Burger M, Margulis V, Matin S, Novara G, Roupret M, et al. Prognostic factors in upper urinary tract urothelial carcinomas: a comprehensive review of the current literature. Eur Urol. 2012;62:100-14 pubmed publisher..The heterogeneity of upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC) biology and prognosis, as well as the presence of different treatment options, makes the clinical decision-making process extremely challenging...
- Lissoni P, Fumagalli L, Brivio F, Rovelli F, Messina G, Di Fede G, et al. Cancer chemotherapy-induced lymphocytosis: a revolutionary discovery in the medical oncology. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2006;20:29-35 pubmed
- Roscigno M, Cozzarini C, Bertini R, Scattoni V, Freschi M, Da Pozzo L, et al. Prognostic value of lymph node dissection in patients with muscle-invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. Eur Urol. 2008;53:794-802 pubmed publisher..04, HR=0.904 and p=0.01, HR=0.867, respectively) in the subgroup of pN0 patients. LND emerged as a strong independent predictor of DFS and CSS in patients surgically managed for a muscle-invasive TCC of the UUT. ..
- Giordano G, Corcione L, Giordano D, D Adda T, Gnetti L, Ferri T. Primary moderately differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma (atypical carcinoid) of the larynx: A case report with immunohistochemical and molecular study. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2009;36:228-31 pubmed publisher..PCR of NEC DNA did not show any signal for HPV DNA. Thus, this neoplasm is not due to an HPV infection, but a mutation of p53 gene which could cause immunohistochemical overexpression of p53 protein...
- Puccini B, Nassi L, Minoia C, Volpetti S, Ciancia R, Riccomagno P, et al. Role of bone marrow biopsy in staging of patients with classical Hodgkin's lymphoma undergoing positron emission tomography/computed tomography. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1147-1153 pubmed publisher..Our data showed a very high negative predictive value of PET/CT for BMI and a negligible influence of BMB on treatment planning, strengthening the recent indications that BMB could be safely omitted in cHL patients staged with PET/CT. ..
- Sigon R, Canzonieri V, Cannizzaro R, Pasquotti B, Cattelan A, Rossi C, et al. Early gastric cancer: diagnosis, surgical treatment and follow-up of 45 cases. Tumori. 1998;84:547-51 pubmed..The present study, based on 45 EGCs, is aimed at a critical evaluation of the diagnostic procedures and surgical options...
- Sanguineti G, Franzone P, Marcenaro M, Foppiano F, Vitale V. Sucralfate versus mesalazine versus hydrocortisone in the prevention of acute radiation proctitis during conformal radiotherapy for prostate carcinoma. A randomized study. Strahlenther Onkol. 2003;179:464-70 pubmed..7, 95% CI 0.5-1.2; p = 0.2). Topical mesalazine is contraindicated during radiotherapy. Hydrocortisone enema is not superior to sucralfate in preventing acute rectal toxicity. ..
- Raveglia F, Meda S, Conforti S, Leporati A, Calati A, Squinzi R, et al. Diagnostic value and learning curve of transbronchial needle aspiration in thoracic surgery. Minerva Chir. 2006;61:459-66 pubmed..These data revealed that experience is mandatory in order to achieve acceptable We think that an experienced operator should require a training period of approximately 50 procedures to obtain a good technique proficiency. ..
- Guzzo M, Locati L, Prott F, Gatta G, McGurk M, Licitra L. Major and minor salivary gland tumors. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2010;74:134-48 pubmed publisher..Metastatic disease may be either treated with radiotherapy or palliative chemotherapy, depending on the site of metastases. For highly selected patients the employment of anti-androgen therapy is indicated...
- Guida G, Culla B, Scirelli T, Bellone G, Sciascia S, Brussino L, et al. Exhaled nitric oxide and nitric oxide synthase expression in Hodgkin's disease. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2009;22:1027-34 pubmed..4-17.8, p=0.011). In conclusion, high FENO and NOS expression in lymph-nodes indicate that NO is a component of the inflammatory network of HD. FENO may be proposed for the assessment and follow up of bulky mediastinal HD patients. ..
- LoCoco F, Cesario A, Okami J, Cardillo G, Cavuto S, Tokunaga T, et al. Role of combined 18F-FDG-PET/CT for predicting the WHO malignancy grade of thymic epithelial tumors: a multicenter analysis. Lung Cancer. 2013;82:245-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, on the basis of these evidences, we infer that (18)F-FDG-PET/CT may be useful to predict histology and the WHO classes of risk. ..
- Gabriele D, Collura D, Oderda M, Stura I, Fiorito C, Porpiglia F, et al. Is there still a role for computed tomography and bone scintigraphy in prostate cancer staging? An analysis from the EUREKA-1 database. World J Urol. 2016;34:517-23 pubmed publisher..According to our opinion, the role of CT and BS should be restricted to selected high-risk patients, while clinical predictive nomograms should be adopted for the surgical planning. ..
- Secreto G, Venturelli E, Meneghini E, Greco M, Ferraris C, Gion M, et al. Testosterone and biological characteristics of breast cancers in postmenopausal women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2942-8 pubmed publisher..The relationship between testosterone and HER2 status in the oldest patients merits further investigation. ..
- Bozzetti F, Andreola S, Bignami P, Sirizzotti G. Prognostic effects of lymph node micrometastases in patients undergoing curative gastrectomy for cancer. Tumori. 2000;86:470-1 pubmed..The aim of the study was to assess the effects of the presence of micrometastases on survival...
- Molica S, Vitelli G, Cutrona G, Todoerti K, Mirabelli R, Digiesi G, et al. Prognostic relevance of serum levels and cellular expression of adiponectin in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2008;88:374-380 pubmed publisher..Our results, although preliminary, lend support to the idea that adiponectin secretion by bone marrow adipocytes might represent a possible promising drug target in the field of hematology. ..
- Ansarin M, Cattaneo A, Santoro L, Massaro M, Zorzi S, Grosso E, et al. Laser surgery of early glottic cancer in elderly. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2010;30:169 pubmed
- Bareggi C, Consonni D, Galassi B, Gambini D, Locatelli E, Visintin R, et al. Uncommon breast malignancies: presentation pattern, prognostic issue and treatment outcome in an Italian single institution experience. Tumori. 2013;99:39-44 pubmed publisher..Often neglected by large clinical trials, patients with uncommon breast malignancies have been rarely analyzed in large series...
- Colombo C, Miceli R, Lazar A, Perrone F, Pollock R, Le Cesne A, et al. CTNNB1 45F mutation is a molecular prognosticator of increased postoperative primary desmoid tumor recurrence: an independent, multicenter validation study. Cancer. 2013;119:3696-702 pubmed publisher..With increasing implementation of "watchful-waiting" for DT management, it will be important to determine whether mutation type predicts outcome for these patients. ..
- Metzger Filho O, de Azambuja E, Procter M, Krieguer M, Smith I, Baselga J, et al. Trastuzumab re-treatment following adjuvant trastuzumab and the importance of distant disease-free interval: the HERA trial experience. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;155:127-32 pubmed publisher..We argue that prospective collection of treatment information beyond disease progression should be included in future clinical studies. ..
- Puglisi F, Barbone F, Tell G, Aprile G, Pertoldi B, Raiti C, et al. Prognostic role of Ape/Ref-1 subcellular expression in stage I-III breast carcinomas. Oncol Rep. 2002;9:11-7 pubmed..014) and Cox proportional hazard model analysis identified APE/Ref-1 as an independent prognostic factor. The results suggest that subcellular localisation of APE/Ref-1 may influence the aggressiveness of breast carcinomas. ..
- Manca G, Facchetti F, Pizzocaro C, Biasca F, Farfaglia R, Simoncini E, et al. Nodal staging in localized melanoma. The experience of the Brescia Melanoma Unit. Br J Plast Surg. 2003;56:534-9 pubmed..Our data confirm the clinical reliability of the SN technique in melanoma; for optimisation of the therapeutic strategy, this technique might be considered the standard method of nodal staging in the evaluation of melanoma patients. ..
- Solej M, Ferronato M, Nano M. Locally advanced breast cancer in the elderly: curettage mastectomy. Tumori. 2005;91:321-4 pubmed..Locally advanced breast tumor represents 5-20% of new cases diagnosed every year. The purpose of this study was to report our experience and to compare it with the literature...
- Rocco B, De Cobelli O, Leon M, Ferruti M, Mastropasqua M, Matei D, et al. Sensitivity and detection rate of a 12-core trans-perineal prostate biopsy: preliminary report. Eur Urol. 2006;49:827-33 pubmed..The sensitivity of double sextant biopsy is unsatisfactory overall (32%), but acceptable (75%) for diagnosing clinically significant cancer. ..
- Fabrini M, Gadducci A, Perrone F, Cosio S, Laliscia C, Pasqualetti F, et al. Clinical outcome of tailored adjuvant postoperative chemoradiotherapy in IB FIGO stage cervical cancer. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:4205-10 pubmed..Tailored adjuvant postoperative chemoradiotherapy is able to obtain a satisfactory clinical outcome in patients with high-risk early-stage IB cervical cancer. ..