Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasm proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: neoplasm proteins
Publications399 found, 100 shown here
- Marcucci G, Maharry K, Radmacher M, Mrozek K, Vukosavljevic T, Paschka P, et al. Prognostic significance of, and gene and microRNA expression signatures associated with, CEBPA mutations in cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia with high-risk molecular features: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:5078-87 pubmed publisher..The gene and miRNA expression profiling provided insights into leukemogenesis of the CN-AML molecular high-risk group, indicating that CEBPA mutations are associated with partial erythroid differentiation. ..
- Chen D, Zhang J, Li M, Rayburn E, Wang H, Zhang R. RYBP stabilizes p53 by modulating MDM2. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:166-72 pubmed publisher..Expression of RYBP is decreased in human cancer tissues compared with adjacent normal tissues. These results show that RYBP is a new regulator of the MDM2-p53 loop and that it has tumour suppressor activity. ..
- Tao M, Shields P, Nie J, Marian C, Ambrosone C, McCann S, et al. DNA promoter methylation in breast tumors: no association with genetic polymorphisms in MTHFR and MTR. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:998-1002 pubmed publisher..Overall, we found no evidence that these common polymorphisms of the MTHFR and MTR genes are associated with promoter methylation of E-cadherin, p16, and RAR-beta2 genes in breast cancer. ..
- Zhang C, Wang L, Wu D, Chen H, Chen Z, Thomas Ahner J, et al. Definition of a FoxA1 Cistrome that is crucial for G1 to S-phase cell-cycle transit in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6738-6748 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish FoxA1 as a pivotal driver of the cell-cycle in CRPC which promotes G? to S-phase transit as well as G? to M-phase transit through two distinct mechanisms. ..
- Walker A, Marcucci G. Molecular prognostic factors in cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia. Expert Rev Hematol. 2012;5:547-58 pubmed publisher..As the number of mutations continues to expand, bioinformatic algorithms that allow for integration of multiple markers will be necessary to provide optimal care for patients with this disease. ..
- Zhao M, Ralat M, Da Silva V, Garrett T, Melnyk S, James S, et al. Vitamin B-6 restriction impairs fatty acid synthesis in cultured human hepatoma (HepG2) cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;304:E342-51 pubmed publisher..These results and observations of changes in human plasma fatty acid profiles caused by vitamin B-6 restriction suggest a mechanism by which vitamin B-6 inadequacy influences the cardiovascular risk. ..
- Cipriano R, Miskimen K, Bryson B, Foy C, Bartel C, Jackson M. FAM83B-mediated activation of PI3K/AKT and MAPK signaling cooperates to promote epithelial cell transformation and resistance to targeted therapies. Oncotarget. 2013;4:729-38 pubmed
- Kruer T, Cummins T, Powell D, Wittliff J. Characterization of estrogen response element binding proteins as biomarkers of breast cancer behavior. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1739-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ERE-BP, identified as Ku70/Ku80, in cytosols prepared from breast carcinoma biopsies are useful biomarkers for assessing risk of breast cancer recurrence. ..
- Ratnam N, Peterson J, Talbert E, Ladner K, Rajasekera P, Schmidt C, et al. NF-?B regulates GDF-15 to suppress macrophage surveillance during early tumor development. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3796-3809 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that the NF-?B/GDF-15 regulatory axis is important for tumor cells in evading macrophage immune surveillance during the early stages of tumorigenesis. ..
- Hara T, Bianchi A, Seizinger B, Kley N. Molecular cloning and characterization of alternatively spliced transcripts of the mouse neurofibromatosis 2 gene. Cancer Res. 1994;54:330-5 pubmed..The results presented here indicate high conservation of the NF2 gene during evolution and suggest a possible role for the COOH-terminus in mouse merlin function. ..
- Gu M, Ghafari S, Nguyen P, Lin F. Cytologic diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the stomach by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy: cytomorphologic and immunohistochemical study of 12 cases. Diagn Cytopathol. 2001;25:343-50 pubmed..This study demonstrated that when combining smears and cell blocks, EUS-guided FNA is accurate and efficient in the diagnosis of GIST. IHC reactivity in cell blocks correlated with that of the main tumors. ..
- Kitareewan S, Pitha Rowe I, Sekula D, Lowrey C, Nemeth M, Golub T, et al. UBE1L is a retinoid target that triggers PML/RARalpha degradation and apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3806-11 pubmed..UBE1L is proposed as a direct pharmacological target that overcomes oncogenic effects of PML/RARalpha by triggering its degradation and signaling apoptosis in APL cells. ..
- Liu P, Kronenberg M, Jiang X, Rowe D. Modified U1 snRNA suppresses expression of a targeted endogenous RNA by inhibiting polyadenylation of the transcript. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1512-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the modified U1 snRNA is able to reduce endogenous gene expression by limiting the polyadenylation of the targeted pre-mRNA transcript. ..
- Zanesi N, Pekarsky Y, Croce C. A mouse model of the fragile gene FHIT: From carcinogenesis to gene therapy and cancer prevention. Mutat Res. 2005;591:103-9 pubmed..Insights into Fhit mouse genetics that have emerged in the last 7 years, and are reviewed in the present article, allowed for development of new tools in carcinogenesis and gene delivery studies. ..
- Nguyen Q, Chavli R, Marques J, Conrad P, Wang D, He W, et al. Light controllable siRNAs regulate gene suppression and phenotypes in cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1758:394-403 pubmed..This technology should be of interest for phenotypic assays such as cell survival, cell cycle regulation, and cell development. ..
- Vaidya K, Harihar S, Phadke P, Stafford L, Hurst D, Hicks D, et al. Breast cancer metastasis suppressor-1 differentially modulates growth factor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28354-60 pubmed publisher..Specific modulation of signaling responses received from the microenvironment may ultimately dictate which environments are permissive/restrictive for tumor cell growth and provide insights into the biology underlying metastasis. ..
- Ling I, Estus S. Role of SFRS13A in low-density lipoprotein receptor splicing. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:702-9 pubmed publisher..We interpret these results as suggesting that SFRS13A regulates LDLR splicing efficiency and may therefore emerge as a modulator of cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Ranji A, Shkriabai N, Kvaratskhelia M, Musier Forsyth K, Boris Lawrie K. Features of double-stranded RNA-binding domains of RNA helicase A are necessary for selective recognition and translation of complex mRNAs. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5328-37 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the molecular basis for the activation of translation by RHA is recognition of target mRNA by the N-terminal domain that tethers the ATP-dependent helicase for rearrangement of the complex 5'-UTR. ..
- Jiang R, Shi Z, Johnson J, Liu Y, Stack M. Kallikrein-5 promotes cleavage of desmoglein-1 and loss of cell-cell cohesion in oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9127-35 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that KLK5 may promote metastatic dissemination of OSCC by promoting loss of junctional integrity through cleavage of desmoglein 1. ..
- Elangovan S, Ramachandran S, Venkatesan N, Ananth S, Gnana Prakasam J, Martin P, et al. SIRT1 is essential for oncogenic signaling by estrogen/estrogen receptor ? in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6654-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings imply that the combination of SIRT1 inhibitors and antiestrogen compounds may offer more effective treatment strategies for breast cancer. ..
- Shah P, Fong M, Kakar S. PTTG induces EMT through integrin ?V?3-focal adhesion kinase signaling in lung cancer cells. Oncogene. 2012;31:3124-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest for the first time an important role of PTTG in regulation of integrins ?(V) and ?(3) and adhesion-complex proteins leading to induction of EMT. ..
- Yu T, Chen X, Zhang W, Colon D, Shi J, Napier D, et al. Regulation of the potential marker for intestinal cells, Bmi1, by ?-catenin and the zinc finger protein KLF4: implications for colon cancer. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3760-8 pubmed publisher..We also found that Bmi1 regulates histone ubiquitination and is required for colon cancer proliferation in vitro and in vivo. Our findings further suggest that Bmi1 is an attractive target for cancer therapeutics. ..
- Hsi A, Hurley M, Lee S, Rosman I, Pang X, Gru A, et al. Diagnostic utility of SOX11 immunohistochemistry in differentiating cutaneous spread of mantle cell lymphoma from primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas. J Cutan Pathol. 2016;43:354-61 pubmed publisher..Both the sensitivity and specificity for combined SOX11 and cyclin D1 immunohistochemistry were 100%. SOX11 immunohistochemistry could be a useful adjunct in distinguishing secondary cutaneous MCL from other CBCL. ..
- Yuen C, Asuthkar S, Guda M, Tsung A, Velpula K. Cancer stem cell molecular reprogramming of the Warburg effect in glioblastomas: a new target gleaned from an old concept. CNS Oncol. 2016;5:101-8 pubmed publisher..This review aims to unite these old and new concepts simultaneously and examine potential enzyme targets driven by hypoxia in the glycolytic phenotype of CSCs to reverse the metabolic shift induced by the Warburg effect. ..
- Likić V, Juranic N, Macura S, Prendergast F. A "structural" water molecule in the family of fatty acid binding proteins. Protein Sci. 2000;9:497-504 pubmed..Computer simulations suggest that escape of w135 from the I-FABP matrix is primarily determined by conformational fluctuations of the protein backbone and interactions with external water molecules. ..
- Caldas H, Holloway M, Hall B, Qualman S, Altura R. Survivin-directed RNA interference cocktail is a potent suppressor of tumour growth in vivo. J Med Genet. 2006;43:119-28 pubmed..05). Our findings support a role for Survivin in rhabdomyosarcoma biology and provide preliminary evidence for the therapeutic use of Survivin-targeted RNA interference for human tumours that express high levels of this molecule. ..
- Chaudhury A, Hussey G, Ray P, Jin G, Fox P, Howe P. TGF-beta-mediated phosphorylation of hnRNP E1 induces EMT via transcript-selective translational induction of Dab2 and ILEI. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:286-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the existence of a TGF-beta-inducible post-transcriptional regulon that controls EMT during the development and metastatic progression of tumours...
- Lee K, Hsu E, Guh J, Yang H, Wang D, Kulp S, et al. Targeting energy metabolic and oncogenic signaling pathways in triple-negative breast cancer by a novel adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activator. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39247-58 pubmed publisher..OSU-53 is a potent, orally bioavailable AMPK activator that acts through a broad spectrum of antitumor activities. ..
- Balgkouranidou I, Chimonidou M, Milaki G, Tsarouxa E, Kakolyris S, Welch D, et al. Breast cancer metastasis suppressor-1 promoter methylation in cell-free DNA provides prognostic information in non-small cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:2054-62 pubmed publisher..Methylation of BRMS1 promoter in cfDNA isolated from plasma of NSCLC patients provides important prognostic information and merits to be further evaluated as a circulating tumour biomarker. ..
- Taylor W, Stark G. Regulation of the G2/M transition by p53. Oncogene. 2001;20:1803-15 pubmed..In summary, multiple overlapping p53-dependent and p53-independent pathways regulate the G2/M transition in response to genotoxic stress. ..
- Carter P. Improving the efficacy of antibody-based cancer therapies. Nat Rev Cancer. 2001;1:118-29 pubmed..Although antibodies have yet to achieve the ultimate goal of curing cancer, many innovative approaches stand poised to improve the efficacy of antibody-based therapies. ..
- Kornberg L, Villaret D, Popp M, Lui L, McLaren R, Brown H, et al. Gene expression profiling in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity shows abnormalities in several signaling pathways. Laryngoscope. 2005;115:690-8 pubmed..Further work is needed to determine the role of these genes in the development and progression of oral SCC. ..
- Tarnawski A, Pai R, Chiou S, Chai J, Chu E. Rebamipide inhibits gastric cancer growth by targeting survivin and Aurora-B. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:207-12 pubmed..Rebamipide-induced downregulation of survivin is at the transcription level and does not involve ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Misra R, Russell J, Koenig A, Hinshaw Makepeace J, Wen R, Wang D, et al. Caspase-8 and c-FLIPL associate in lipid rafts with NF-kappaB adaptors during T cell activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19365-74 pubmed..The current findings define a link among TCR, caspases, and the NF-kappaB pathway that occurs in a sequestered lipid raft environment in T cells. ..
- Karla P, Earla R, Boddu S, Johnston T, Pal D, Mitra A. Molecular expression and functional evidence of a drug efflux pump (BCRP) in human corneal epithelial cells. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:1-9 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to explore physical barriers for ocular drug absorption and to verify the presence and possible role of BCRP as a barrier for ocular drug resistance...
- Langer C, Marcucci G, Holland K, Radmacher M, Maharry K, Paschka P, et al. Prognostic importance of MN1 transcript levels, and biologic insights from MN1-associated gene and microRNA expression signatures in cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia: a cancer and leukemia group B study. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:3198-204 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSION MN1 expression independently predicts outcome in CN-AML patients. The MN1 gene- and microRNA-expression signatures suggest biologic features that could be exploited as therapeutic targets. ..
- Zhang M, Coen J, Suzuki Y, Siedow M, Niemierko A, Khor L, et al. Survivin is a potential mediator of prostate cancer metastasis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;78:1095-103 pubmed publisher..We examined whether Survivin expression is associated with an increased risk of metastasis in prostate cancer...
- Knowlton A, Brown H, Richards T, Andreolas L, Patel R, Grieshaber S. Chlamydia trachomatis infection causes mitotic spindle pole defects independently from its effects on centrosome amplification. Traffic. 2011;12:854-66 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that these combined effects on mitotic spindle architecture identifies a possible mechanism for Chlamydia as a cofactor in cervical cancer formation. ..
- Deftereos G, Corrie S, Feng Q, Morihara J, Stern J, Hawes S, et al. Expression of mir-21 and mir-143 in cervical specimens ranging from histologically normal through to invasive cervical cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28423 pubmed publisher..Mir-21 may be of some utility in predictive screening, given that we observed a significant correlation between mir-21 expression level and worsening histological diagnosis of cervical cancer. ..
- Ugurluer G, Chang K, Gamez M, Arnett A, Jayakrishnan R, Miller R, et al. Genome-based Mutational Analysis by Next Generation Sequencing in Patients with Malignant Pleural and Peritoneal Mesothelioma. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2331-8 pubmed..These findings will help in the development of new screening tools and targeting therapies, and in turn impact the standard-of-care and potentially lengthen disease control and survival periods in the future. ..
- Kakar S, Jennes L. Molecular cloning and characterization of the tumor transforming gene (TUTR1): a novel gene in human tumorigenesis. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;84:211-6 pubmed..These results suggest that TUTR1 is a novel and potent transforming gene, which may be involved in tumorigenesis in numerous different human tumors. ..
- Hussein M, Wood G. Molecular aspects of melanocytic dysplastic nevi. J Mol Diagn. 2002;4:71-80 pubmed..These studies suggest that although some of these lesions represent "genetic dead-ends," others represent intermediate lesional steps in the melanoma tumorigenesis pathway. ..
- Blanke C, Eisenberg B, Heinrich M. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2001;2:485-91 pubmed..Its use can serve as a paradigm for designing molecularly targeted therapies for other malignancies. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Plow E. miR-138-Mediated Regulation of KINDLIN-2 Expression Modulates Sensitivity to Chemotherapeutics. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:228-38 pubmed publisher..Targeted inhibition of Kindlin-2 in combination with chemotherapy represents an effective treatment option for mCRPC. ..
- Cao Q, Anyansi C, Hu X, Xu L, Xiong L, Tang W, et al. Reconstruction of enhancer-target networks in 935 samples of human primary cells, tissues and cell lines. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1428-1436 pubmed publisher..We also identify differentially methylated enhancers in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and experimentally confirm their altered regulation of HCC-related genes. ..
- Messer A, Manley K, Plummer J. An early-onset congenic strain of the motor neuron degeneration (mnd) mouse. Mol Genet Metab. 1999;66:393-7 pubmed..5 months. The early onset appears to correlate with levels of abnormal accumulating material, and should prove useful in elucidating NCL neurodegenerative mechanisms. ..
- Laky K, Lefrancois L, Lingenheld E, Ishikawa H, Lewis J, Olson S, et al. Enterocyte expression of interleukin 7 induces development of gammadelta T cells and Peyer's patches. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1569-80 pubmed..Thus, IL-7 expression by enterocytes was sufficient for extrathymic development of TCR-gammadelta cells in situ within the intestinal epithelium and was crucial for organization of mucosal lymphoid tissue. ..
- Konduri S, Osman F, Rao C, Srinivas H, Yanamandra N, Tasiou A, et al. Minimal and inducible regulation of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 in human gliomas. Oncogene. 2002;21:921-8 pubmed..We conclude that the -312 to +1 region is critical for the minimal and inducible regulation of TFPI-2 in non-invasive (Hs683) and highly invasive (SNB19) human glioma cell lines. ..
- Askari M, Miller G, Vo Dinh T. Simultaneous detection of the tumor suppressor FHIT gene and protein using the multi-functional biochip. Cancer Detect Prev. 2002;26:331-42 pubmed..Linearity of biochip for quantitative measurements was demonstrated. Results demonstrated utility of this multi-functional biochip as a useful detection technology with applications in biological and clinical laboratories...
- Xin H, Curry J, Johnstone R, Nickoloff B, Choubey D. Role of IFI 16, a member of the interferon-inducible p200-protein family, in prostate epithelial cellular senescence. Oncogene. 2003;22:4831-40 pubmed..Collectively, our observations support the idea that increased levels of IFI 16 in PrECs contribute to senescence-associated irreversible cell growth arrest. ..
- Whitlock N, Agarwal N, Ma J, Crosson C. Hsp27 upregulation by HIF-1 signaling offers protection against retinal ischemia in rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:1092-8 pubmed..These findings are significant, because this is the first time HIF-1 activation has been associated with the protective effects of IPC and with Hsp27 upregulation. ..
- Doan A, Huttenlocher A. RACK1 regulates Src activity and modulates paxillin dynamics during cell migration. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2667-79 pubmed..Taken together, these findings support a novel role for RACK1 as a key regulator of cell migration and adhesion dynamics through the regulation of Src activity, and the modulation of paxillin phosphorylation at early adhesions. ..
- Touchberry C, Le T, Richmond S, Prewitt M, Beck D, Carr D, et al. Diathermy treatment increases heat shock protein expression in female, but not male skeletal muscle. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2008;102:319-23 pubmed..Male subjects had non-significant increases in Hsp70 (+35%) and Hsp27p (+32%) skeletal muscle content. These results implicate that diathermy can be an effective means to induce Hsp70 and Hsp27p in human skeletal muscle. ..
- Sun H, Luo X, Montalbano J, Jin W, Shi J, Sheikh M, et al. DOC45, a novel DNA damage-regulated nucleocytoplasmic ATPase that is overexpressed in multiple human malignancies. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:57-66 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that DOC45 is a novel ATPase that is linked to cellular stress response and tumorigenesis, and may also serve as a valuable tumor marker. ..
- You R, Zheng M, McKeown Longo P. The first type III repeat in fibronectin activates an inflammatory pathway in dermal fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36255-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that fibronectin matrix remodeling can induce the expression of cytokines by stromal cells present in the tissue microenvironment. ..
- Advani A, Gundacker H, Sala Torra O, Radich J, Lai R, Slovak M, et al. Southwest Oncology Group Study S0530: a phase 2 trial of clofarabine and cytarabine for relapsed or refractory acute lymphocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2010;151:430-4 pubmed..Nucleoside transporter expression did not predict outcome. This regimen lacked sufficient activity to warrant further testing. ..
- Saldivar J, Bene J, Hosseini S, Miuma S, Horton S, Heerema N, et al. Characterization of the role of Fhit in suppression of DNA damage. Adv Biol Regul. 2013;53:77-85 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important and unexpected insights into the mechanism whereby loss of Fhit expression contributes to cell transformation. ..
- Eroglu B, Min J, Zhang Y, Szurek E, Moskophidis D, Eroglu A, et al. An essential role for heat shock transcription factor binding protein 1 (HSBP1) during early embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2014;386:448-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HSBP1 plays an essential role during early mouse and zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Li H, Wheeler S, Park Y, Ju Z, Thomas S, Fichera M, et al. Proteomic Characterization of Head and Neck Cancer Patient-Derived Xenografts. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:278-86 pubmed publisher..Proteomic characterization of HNSCC PDXs demonstrates potential drivers for model selection and provides a framework for improved utilization of this expanding model system. ..
- Wenning L, Murphy R. Coupled cellular trafficking and diffusional limitations in delivery of immunotoxins to multicell tumor spheroids. Biotechnol Bioeng. 1999;62:562-75 pubmed..The proposed model is unique in its ability to predict toxicity in MTS directly, and is an important step toward understanding immunotoxin effect on tumors in vivo. ..
- Mourton T, Hellberg C, Burden Gulley S, Hinman J, Rhee A, Brady Kalnay S. The PTPmu protein-tyrosine phosphatase binds and recruits the scaffolding protein RACK1 to cell-cell contacts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14896-901 pubmed..Therefore, PTPmu may be one of the proteins that recruits RACK1 to points of cell-cell contact, which may be important for PTPmu-dependent signaling in response to cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Chaudhary J, Johnson J, Kim G, Skinner M. Hormonal regulation and differential actions of the helix-loop-helix transcriptional inhibitors of differentiation (Id1, Id2, Id3, and Id4) in Sertoli cells. Endocrinology. 2001;142:1727-36 pubmed..Id1 may act to maintain Sertoli cell growth potential, whereas Id2 and Id4 may be involved in the differentiation and hormone regulation of Sertoli cells. ..
- Wingo T, Tu C, Laipis P, Silverman D. The catalytic properties of human carbonic anhydrase IX. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:666-9 pubmed..Human CA IX was very strongly inhibited by three classic sulfonamides and cyanate, with inhibition constants that are close to those for CA II. ..
- Zraly C, Feng Y, Dingwall A. Genetic and molecular analysis of region 88E9;88F2 in Drosophila melanogaster, including the ear gene related to human factors involved in lineage-specific leukemias. Genetics. 2002;160:1051-65 pubmed..One of these complementation groups likely corresponds to the ear gene as judged by map location, terminal phenotype, and reduction of EAR protein levels. ..
- Brown R, Boyle J. Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma: molecular characterization by a proteomic approach, with morphogenic and therapeutic implications. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2003;33:131-41 pubmed..Specific therapies to target the mesenchymal chondroblasts in mesenchymal chondrosarcoma might include interferon-alpha, rapamycin, ciprofloxacin, and STI571...
- Fukuda S, Kaga S, Sasaki H, Zhan L, Zhu L, Otani H, et al. Angiogenic signal triggered by ischemic stress induces myocardial repair in rat during chronic infarction. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2004;36:547-59 pubmed
- Yang B, Wu J, Maddodi N, Ma Y, Setaluri V, Longley B. Epigenetic control of MAGE gene expression by the KIT tyrosine kinase. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:2123-8 pubmed..Understanding the factors controlling MAGE gene expression may allow more effective therapeutic strategies targeting MAGE antigens. ..
- Haynik D, Roma A, Prayson R. HER-2/neu expression in glioblastoma multiforme. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2007;15:56-8 pubmed..No GBM demonstrates HER-2/neu protein by IHC or amplification of the HER-2/neu gene by FISH. The HER-2/neu oncogene does not seem to play a role in the pathogenesis of GBM. ..
- Reineke E, Lam M, Liu Q, Liu Y, Stanya K, Chang K, et al. Degradation of the tumor suppressor PML by Pin1 contributes to the cancer phenotype of breast cancer MDA-MB-231 cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:997-1006 pubmed..Taken together, our work defines a novel mechanism by which sumoylation of PML prevents Pin1-dependent degradation. This interaction likely occurs in numerous cell lines and may be a pathway for oncogenic transformation. ..
- Xie X, Sundram U, Natkunam Y, Kohler S, Hoppe R, Kim Y, et al. Expression of HGAL in primary cutaneous large B-cell lymphomas: evidence for germinal center derivation of primary cutaneous follicular lymphoma. Mod Pathol. 2008;21:653-9 pubmed publisher..Characterizing PCLBCLs with markers of B-cell maturation stage is a useful framework for studying, classifying, and clinically stratifying these lymphomas. ..
- Talley L, Chhieng D, Bell W, Grizzle W, Frost A. Immunohistochemical detection of EGFR, p185(erbB-2), Bcl-2 and p53 in breast carcinomas in pre-menopausal and post-menopausal women. Biotech Histochem. 2008;83:5-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, there were differences in the prognostic effectiveness of these biomarkers in pre- vs. post-menopausal women. ..
- Faca V, Hanash S. In-depth proteomics to define the cell surface and secretome of ovarian cancer cells and processes of protein shedding. Cancer Res. 2009;69:728-30 pubmed publisher..The protein sets identified provide a rich resource of potential circulating markers and targets for imaging and therapeutics for ovarian cancer. ..
- Panguluri S, Kakar S. Effect of PTTG on endogenous gene expression in HEK 293 cells. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:577 pubmed publisher..The microarray analysis in the present study demonstrated that PTTG may induce apoptosis by down-regulation of oncogenes such as v-Jun and v-maf and up-regulation of the histone family of genes. ..
- Lilly M, Ottmann O, Shah N, Larson R, Reiffers J, Ehninger G, et al. Dasatinib 140 mg once daily versus 70 mg twice daily in patients with Ph-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia who failed imatinib: Results from a phase 3 study. Am J Hematol. 2010;85:164-70 pubmed publisher..Compared with the 70 mg twice daily, dasatinib 140 mg once daily had similar overall efficacy and safety in patients with imatinib-resistant or intolerant Ph+ ALL. (clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00123487). ..
- Swindall A, Bellis S. Sialylation of the Fas death receptor by ST6Gal-I provides protection against Fas-mediated apoptosis in colon carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22982-90 pubmed publisher..This finding establishes a new paradigm by which death receptor function is impaired for the self-protection of tumors against apoptosis. ..
- Mhawech Fauceglia P, Wang D, Syriac S, Godoy H, Dupont N, Liu S, et al. Synuclein-? (SNCG) protein expression is associated with poor outcome in endometrial adenocarcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;124:148-52 pubmed publisher..Future exploration of SNCG as a potential therapeutic target for selected patients could be of interest. ..
- Su Z, Graybill W, Zhu Y. Detection and monitoring of ovarian cancer. Clin Chim Acta. 2013;415:341-5 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss the algorithms for predicting the risk of ovarian cancers. ..
- Myneni A, Chang S, Niu R, Liu L, Ochs Balcom H, Li Y, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of TERT and CLPTM1L and risk of lung cancer--a case-control study in a Chinese population. Lung Cancer. 2013;80:131-7 pubmed publisher..Our results reiterate that genetic variants of TERT and CLPTM1L contribute to lung cancer susceptibility in Chinese population. These associations need to be verified in larger and different populations. ..
- Gujarati N, Zeng L, Gupta P, Chen Z, Korlipara V. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of benzamide and phenyltetrazole derivatives with amide and urea linkers as BCRP inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4698-4704 pubmed publisher..The target compounds did not exhibit reversal effect in P-gp overexpressing resistant cell line SW620/Ad300 suggesting that they are selective BCRP inhibitors. ..
- Reichman T, Parrott A, Fierro Monti I, Caron D, Kao P, Lee C, et al. Selective regulation of gene expression by nuclear factor 110, a member of the NF90 family of double-stranded RNA-binding proteins. J Mol Biol. 2003;332:85-98 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that NF110b associates with the dsRBM-containing transcriptional co-activator, RNA helicase A, independently of RNA binding. ..
- McMullen M, Bryant P, Glembotski C, Vincent P, Pumiglia K. Activation of p38 has opposing effects on the proliferation and migration of endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20995-1003 pubmed
- Qiu X, Xiao Y, Gordon A, Yakovlev A. Assessing stability of gene selection in microarray data analysis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:50 pubmed..Using resampling techniques it is also possible to assess variability of different performance indicators. Stability properties of several multiple testing procedures are described at length in the present paper. ..
- Kravchenko J, Ilyinskaya G, Komarov P, Agapova L, Kochetkov D, Strom E, et al. Small-molecule RETRA suppresses mutant p53-bearing cancer cells through a p73-dependent salvage pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6302-7 pubmed publisher..RETRA is active against tumor cells expressing a variety of p53 mutants and does not affect normal cells. The results validate the mutant p53-p73 complex as a promising and highly specific potential target for cancer therapy. ..
- Montañez Wiscovich M, Shelton M, Seachrist D, Lozada K, Johnson E, Miedler J, et al. Aberrant expression of LMO4 induces centrosome amplification and mitotic spindle abnormalities in breast cancer cells. J Pathol. 2010;222:271-81 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the correlation of centrosome amplification with genomic instability suggests that the impact of dysregulated LMO4 on the centrosome cycle may promote LMO4-induced tumour formation. ..
- Almassy J, Begenisich T. The LRRC26 protein selectively alters the efficacy of BK channel activators. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;81:21-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, the LRRC26 BK channel accessory protein selectively alters the pharmacology of BK channels. ..
- Tiwari A, Hadley J, Hendricks G, Elkin R, Cooper T, Ramachandran R. Characterization of ascites-derived ovarian tumor cells from spontaneously occurring ovarian tumors of the chicken: evidence for E-cadherin upregulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57582 pubmed publisher..Taken together, COVCAR cell lines are likely to improve our understanding of the cellular and molecular biology of ovarian tumors and its metastasis. ..
- Jin J, Ding J. Cripto is required for mesoderm and endoderm cell allocation during mouse gastrulation. Dev Biol. 2013;381:170-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a critical role for Cripto during mouse gastrulation, especially in mesoderm and endoderm formation and allocation. ..
- Wei W, Shin Y, Xue M, Matsutani T, Masui K, Yang H, et al. Single-Cell Phosphoproteomics Resolves Adaptive Signaling Dynamics and Informs Targeted Combination Therapy in Glioblastoma. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:563-573 pubmed publisher..This approach may identify actionable alterations in signal coordination that underlie adaptive resistance, which can be suppressed through combination drug therapy, including non-obvious drug combinations. ..
- Hall A. Differential expression of thymosin genes in human tumors and in the developing human kidney. Int J Cancer. 1991;48:672-7 pubmed
- Copelan E, McGuire E. The biology and treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults. Blood. 1995;85:1151-68 pubmed..However, some improvement will occur through empirical clinical research. It is critical that physicians recognize the poor results with current therapeutic approaches and enter patients into large well-designed clinical trials. ..