Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nad in Sweden
- Agren D, Stehr M, Berthold C, Kapoor S, Oehlmann W, Singh M, et al. Three-dimensional structures of apo- and holo-L-alanine dehydrogenase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis reveal conformational changes upon coenzyme binding. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:1161-73 pubmed publisher..Amino acid replacements of these residues by site-directed mutagenesis led to inactive mutants, further emphasizing their essential roles in the enzymatic reaction mechanism. ..
- Laadan B, Almeida J, Radstrom P, Hahn Hägerdal B, Gorwa Grauslund M. Identification of an NADH-dependent 5-hydroxymethylfurfural-reducing alcohol dehydrogenase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2008;25:191-8 pubmed publisher..Increased biomass production and HMF conversion rate were achieved in a CEN.PK S. cerevisiae strain overexpressing the mutated ADH1 gene. ..
- Oswald C, Johansson T, Törnroth S, Okvist M, Krengel U. Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the NAD(H)-binding domain of Escherichia coli transhydrogenase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:743-5 pubmed..8, c = 76.4 A, alpha = 67.5, beta = 80.8, gamma = 81.5 degrees. X-ray diffraction data were collected to 1.9 A resolution using synchrotron radiation. The crystals contain one dimer of transhydrogenase domain I per asymmetric unit. ..
- Carlberg I, Nordlund S. Purification and partial characterization of glutamate synthase from Rhodospirillum rubrum grown under nitrogen-fixing conditions. Biochem J. 1991;279 ( Pt 1):151-4 pubmed..The enzyme is inhibited by amidotransferase inhibitors at micromolar concentrations. The role of the enzyme in the metabolic regulation of nitrogenase is discussed...
- Pahlman I, Larsson C, Avéret N, Bunoust O, Boubekeur S, Gustafsson L, et al. Kinetic regulation of the mitochondrial glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase by the external NADH dehydrogenase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27991-5 pubmed..The physiological consequences of this regulation are discussed. ..
- Wahlbom C, Hahn Hägerdal B. Furfural, 5-hydroxymethyl furfural, and acetoin act as external electron acceptors during anaerobic fermentation of xylose in recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2002;78:172-8 pubmed..The enzymatic activity responsible for furfural reduction was considerably higher than for HMF reduction and also in situ furfural conversion was higher than HMF conversion. ..
- Bergkvist A, Johansson C, Johansson T, Rydstrom J, Karlsson B. Interactions of the NADP(H)-binding domain III of proton-translocating transhydrogenase from escherichia coli with NADP(H) and the NAD(H)-binding domain I studied by NMR and site-directed mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2000;39:12595-605 pubmed..Finally, by combining the above conclusions with information obtained by a further characterization of previously constructed mutants, the implications of the findings were considered in a mechanistic context. ..
- Bizouarn T, Fjellström O, Axelsson M, Korneenko T, Pestov N, Ivanova M, et al. Interactions between the soluble domain I of nicotinamide nucleotide transhydrogenase from Rhodospirillum rubrum and transhydrogenase from Escherichia coli. Effects on catalytic and H+-pumping activities. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:3281-8 pubmed..The reverse reaction and proton pumping showed a less pronounced change in pH dependence, demonstrating the regulatory role of domain II in these reactions. ..
- Rydstrom J, Hu X, Fjellström O, Meuller J, Zhang J, Johansson C, et al. Domains, specific residues and conformational states involved in hydride ion transfer and proton pumping by nicotinamide nucleotide transhydrogenase from Escherichia coli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1365:10-6 pubmed..coli and Rhodospirillum rubrum at hand, the overall aim of the transhydrogenase research, the understanding of the conformationally driven proton pumping mechanism, is within reach. ..
- Larsson C, Påhlman I, Ansell R, Rigoulet M, Adler L, Gustafsson L. The importance of the glycerol 3-phosphate shuttle during aerobic growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1998;14:347-57 pubmed
- Olausson T, Hultman T, Holmberg E, Rydstrom J, Ahmad S, Glavas N, et al. Site-directed mutagenesis of tyrosine residues at nicotinamide nucleotide binding sites of Escherichia coli transhydrogenase. Biochemistry. 1993;32:13237-44 pubmed..These mutants were also active in proton pumping assayed as quenching of 9-methoxy-6-chloro-2-aminoacridine or quinacrine fluorescence.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Nygard O, Nilsson L. Kinetic determination of the effects of ADP-ribosylation on the interaction of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 with ribosomes. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:6030-4 pubmed..We conclude that the ADP-ribosylation affects both the association of the modified factor with pretranslocation ribosomes and the hydrolytic capacity of the factor. ..
- Andersson M, Holmberg H, Adlercreutz P. Evaluation of Alcaligenes eutrophus cells as an NADH regenerating catalyst in organic-aqueous two-phase system. Biotechnol Bioeng. 1998;57:79-86 pubmed..The use of this preparation in heptane (10% water) was optimized with respect to the yield obtained in the HLADH-catalyzed reduction of cyclohexanone. Using the optimized conditions, yields of 99% cyclohexanol were obtained...