Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mutation in Taiwan
Publications485 found, 100 shown here
- Santhanam A, Liang S, Chen D, Chen G, Meng T. Midgut-enriched receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase PTP52F is required for Drosophila development during larva-pupa transition. FEBS J. 2013;280:476-88 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that Drosophila R-PTPs may control metamorphosis and other biological processes beyond our current knowledge. ..
- Huang C, Wu C, Lan C, Sung F, Lin C, Liu C, et al. Impact of genetic heterogeneity in polymerase of hepatitis B virus on dynamics of viral load and hepatitis B progression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70169 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether genetic variation in the polymerase region determined long-term dynamics of viral load and the risk of hepatitis B progression in a population-based cohort study...
- Cheng T, Shih N, Chen S, Loh S, Cheng P, Tsai C, et al. Reactive oxygen species mediate cyclic strain-induced endothelin-1 gene expression via Ras/Raf/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway in endothelial cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2001;33:1805-14 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that strain-induced Et-1 gene expression is modulated by ROS via Ras/Raf/ERK signaling pathway, and indicate the responsiveness of the AP-1 binding site for strain-induced Et-1 expression. ..
- Ou C, Lin Y, Chen Y, Chien C. Distinct protein degradation mechanisms mediated by Cul1 and Cul3 controlling Ci stability in Drosophila eye development. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2403-14 pubmed..This posterior Ci degradation mechanism, which partially requires Nedd8 modification, is activated by Hedgehog (Hh) signaling and is PKA-independent. ..
- Tang C, Yang R, Fu W. Prostaglandin E2 stimulates fibronectin expression through EP1 receptor, phospholipase C, protein kinase Calpha, and c-Src pathway in primary cultured rat osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22907-16 pubmed..Taken together, our results provided evidence that PGE(2) increased Fn and promoted bone formation in rat osteoblasts via the EP(1)/phospholipase C/PKCalpha/c-Src signaling pathway. ..
- Hsieh C, Lin T, Lai H, Lin C, Hsieh T, Shih Y. Direct MinE-membrane interaction contributes to the proper localization of MinDE in E. coli. Mol Microbiol. 2010;75:499-512 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this mutant was unable to support normal MinDE localization and oscillation, suggesting that direct MinE interaction with the membrane is critical for the dynamic behavior of the Min system. ..
- Tung Y, Hsu W, Lee H, Huang W, Liao Y. The evolutionarily conserved interaction between LC3 and p62 selectively mediates autophagy-dependent degradation of mutant huntingtin. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010;30:795-806 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that p62 directly binds to the evolutionarily conserved cargo receptor-binding domain of Atg8/LC3 and selectively mediates the clearance of mutant Huntingtin. ..
- Chien W, Lee T, Hung S, Kang K, Lee M, Fu W. Impairment of oxidative stress-induced heme oxygenase-1 expression by the defect of Parkinson-related gene of PINK1. J Neurochem. 2011;117:643-53 pubmed publisher..Impairment of HO-1 production following oxidative stress may accelerate the dopaminergic neurodegeneration in Parkinson patients with PINK1 defect. ..
- Lee K, Shyur S, Chu S, Huang L, Kao Y, Lei W, et al. Clinical manifestations and BTK gene defect in 4 unrelated Taiwanese families with Bruton's disease. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2011;29:260-5 pubmed..One pedigree of our study comprises 4 generations. A complete BTK gene mutation study for the patient's family members is strongly suggested. ..
- Sheng X, Tu H, Chien W, Kang K, Lu D, Liou H, et al. Antagonism of proteasome inhibitor-induced heme oxygenase-1 expression by PINK1 mutation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183076 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrated that the G309D mutation impairs the neuroprotective function of PINK1 following proteasome inhibition, which may be related to the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Hsu C, Yang Y, Lian S, Lee S, Shin S, Tsai J, et al. Significantly increased cortisol secretion in normal adrenocortical cells transfected with K-ras mutants derived from human functional adrenocortical tumors. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:231-8 pubmed..The K-ras oncogene significantly increases cortisol secretion by normal adrenocortical cells. ..
- Yen Ping Kuo M, Huang J, Kok S, Kuo Y, Chiang C. Prognostic role of p21WAF1 expression in areca quid chewing and smoking-associated oral squamous cell carcinoma in Taiwan. J Oral Pathol Med. 2002;31:16-22 pubmed..057). Combined evaluation of p21WAF1 and p53 expressions may be useful in estimating the prognosis of patients with oral SCCs in Taiwan. ..
- Chen S, Ma H, Han J, Tao P, Law P, Loh H. dsAAV type 2-mediated gene transfer of MORS196A-EGFP into spinal cord as a pain management paradigm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20096-101 pubmed..Thus, our current approach to activate a mutant receptor, but not the endogenous receptor, with an opioid antagonist represents an alternative to the use of traditional opioid agonists for pain management. ..
- Teng H, Huang Y, Lin J, Chen W, Lin T, Jiang J, et al. BRAF mutation is a prognostic biomarker for colorectal liver metastasectomy. J Surg Oncol. 2012;106:123-9 pubmed publisher..245, P < 0.003). BRAF mutation is an independent prognostic biomarker for colorectal liver metastasectomy. ..
- Chang E, Liao T, Lim T, Fann W, Chen R. A new amyloid-like beta-aggregate with amyloid characteristics, except fibril morphology. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:1257-65 pubmed publisher..The aggregate has most of the characteristics of amyloid fibrils, except fibril morphology. Moreover, the mutant peptide V24P, when mixed with Abeta40, can attenuate the cytotoxicity of Abeta40. ..
- Ho M, Chen H, Chen M, Jacques C, Giangrande A, Chien C. Gcm protein degradation suppresses proliferation of glial progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:6778-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that downregulation of Gcm protein levels by Slimb and Ago is required for glial progenitors to exit the cell cycle for differentiation. ..
- Chen C, Chern S, Wang T, Wang W, Wang K, Jeng C. Androgen receptor gene mutations in 46,XY females with germ cell tumours. Hum Reprod. 1999;14:664-70 pubmed
- Chen C, Chern S, Shih J, Wang W, Yeh L, Chang T, et al. Prenatal diagnosis and genetic analysis of type I and type II thanatophoric dysplasia. Prenat Diagn. 2001;21:89-95 pubmed..The present report shows that adjunctive applications of molecular genetic analysis of the FGFR3 gene and three-dimensional ultrasound are useful for prenatal diagnosis of TD...
- Lin K, Hollander J, Kao V, Lin B, Macpherson L, Dillmann W. Myocyte protection by 10 kD heat shock protein (Hsp10) involves the mobile loop and attenuation of the Ras GTP-ase pathway. FASEB J. 2004;18:1004-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that complex mechanisms are involved in the protection by hsp10 against SI/RO-induced myocyte death. This mechanism may involve the hsp10 mobile loop and attenuation of the Ras GTP-ase signaling pathway. ..
- Lin Y, Yen P. A novel nucleocytoplasmic shuttling sequence of DAZAP1, a testis-abundant RNA-binding protein. RNA. 2006;12:1486-93 pubmed..DAZAP1 colocalizes with hnRNP A1 and hnRNP C1 in the nucleus and is a component of the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles. Our results suggest that DAZAP1 plays a key role in mRNA transport during spermatogenesis. ..
- Hung W, Lin J, Lee L, Wu C, Tseng L, Yin P, et al. Tandem duplication/triplication correlated with poly-cytosine stretch variation in human mitochondrial DNA D-loop region. Mutagenesis. 2008;23:137-42 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the occurrence of the tandem duplication/triplication in mtDNA D-loop is not specific for cancer tissues, but highly associated with the poly-C length variations around np 568. ..
- Yang C, Hwu W, Yang L, Chung W, Chien Y, Hung C, et al. A promoter sequence variant of ZNF750 is linked with familial psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1662-8 pubmed publisher..Together, the mutation accounts for 1.7% (confidence interval: 0.2-5.84%) of psoriasis in the Chinese population. This report suggests that ZNF750 mutations could contribute to psoriasis susceptibility. ..
- Yang C. EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors for the treatment of NSCLC in East Asia: present and future. Lung Cancer. 2008;60 Suppl 2:S23-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, the presence of EGFR mutations is a useful tool to determine NSCLC patients' prognosis; some studies suggested that this may apply if patients are receiving first-line chemotherapy, not only if they are receiving EGFR-TKIs. ..
- Cheng Y, Yang W, Johnson R, Yuan H. Structural analysis of the transcriptional activation region on Fis: crystal structures of six Fis mutants with different activation properties. J Mol Biol. 2000;302:1139-51 pubmed..The structures and biochemical properties of the mutants suggest that Arg71 is the most critical residue for contacting RNAP within this ridge and that the glycine at position 72 helps to stabilize the structure. ..
- Yang C, Shih J, Chen K, Yu C, Yang T, Lin C, et al. Survival outcome and predictors of gefitinib antitumor activity in East Asian chemonaive patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer. Cancer. 2006;107:1873-82 pubmed..Female gender, adenocarcinoma histology, and nonsmoking status all were independent predictors of gefitinib response. The survival outcome of these patients was similar to that of patients who initially received chemotherapy. ..
- Wen D, Shyur S, Wu J, Lin C, Chiang Y, Huang L, et al. Hereditary angioedema: a Taiwanese family with a novel gene mutation. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2007;25:163-7 pubmed..Six individuals had decreased serum levels of C4 and C1-INH, and they were all found to have a single nucleotide A deletion at codon 210 of the gene, 1210fsX210, a novel mutation that accounts for the HAE in this family. ..
- Wu K, Zhang L, Zhou C, Yu C, Chaikam V. HDA6 is required for jasmonate response, senescence and flowering in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:225-34 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HDA6 is involved in jasmonate response, senescence, and flowering in Arabidopsis. ..
- Chen B, Kang J, Lu Y, Hsu M, Liao C, Chiu W, et al. Rac1 regulates peptidoglycan-induced nuclear factor-kappaB activation and cyclooxygenase-2 expression in RAW 264.7 macrophages by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1179-88 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages. ..
- Hsu C, Chen C. Linear plasmid SLP2 is maintained by partitioning, intrahyphal spread, and conjugal transfer in Streptomyces. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:307-15 pubmed publisher..In S. lividans, both spread and partitioning appear to overlap functionally, but in S. coelicolor, spread appears to play the main role. ..
- Shiao T, Chang Y, Yu C, Chang Y, Hsu Y, Chang S, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in small cell lung cancer: a brief report. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:195-8 pubmed publisher..The EGFR mutation is rare in SCLC patients. Despite the presence of the EGFR mutation, gefitinib may not be effective in treating SCLC patients. ..
- Wang T, Chen Y, Huang J, Liu K, Ke S, Chu H. Enzyme kinetics, inhibitors, mutagenesis and electron paramagnetic resonance analysis of dual-affinity nitrate reductase in unicellular N(2)-fixing cyanobacterium Cyanothece sp. PCC 8801. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2011;49:1369-76 pubmed publisher..PCC 8801 contains only a single Mo-catalytic center, and we rule out that the enzyme has 2 independent, distinct catalytic sites. In addition, the NarB of Cyanothece sp. PCC 8801 may have a regulatory nitrate-binding site...
- Ho T, Chen S, Shih S, Chang S, Yang S, Hsieh J, et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) promotes tumor cell death by inducing macrophage membrane tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35943-54 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel mechanism for the tumoricidal activity of PEDF, which involves tumor cell killing via PPAR?-mediated TRAIL induction in macrophages. ..
- ..Taking these findings together, we suggest that decline in mitochondrial energy metabolism, enhanced mitochondrial oxidative stress, and accumulation of mtDNA mutations are important contributors to human aging. ..
- Sintupisut N, Liu P, Yeang C. An integrative characterization of recurrent molecular aberrations in glioblastoma genomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8803-21 pubmed publisher..These results justify the utility of an integrative analysis on cancer genomes and provide testable characterizations of driver aberration events in GBM. ..
- Hung C, Chen X, Ko Y, Kobayashi T, Yang C, Yabushita A. Schiff Base Proton Acceptor Assists Photoisomerization of Retinal Chromophores in Bacteriorhodopsin. Biophys J. 2017;112:2503-2519 pubmed publisher..The similarity of the correlation spectra of the wild-type HmBRI and D104N mutant of HwBR indicates that inactivation of the Schiff base proton donor induces a positive charge on the helices of the cytoplasmic side. ..
- Chen C, Liang C, Kao A, Yang C. HHP1 is involved in osmotic stress sensitivity in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:1589-604 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the mutation of HHP1 renders plants hypersensitive to ABA and osmotic stress and HHP1 might be a negative regulator in ABA and osmotic signalling. ..
- Sharma S, Villamor J, Verslues P. Essential role of tissue-specific proline synthesis and catabolism in growth and redox balance at low water potential. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:292-304 pubmed publisher..Tissue-specific differences in Pro metabolism and function in maintaining a favorable NADP/NADPH ratio are relevant to understanding metabolic adaptations to drought and efforts to enhance drought resistance. ..
- Yu T, Wang C, Lin J. Depleting components of the THO complex causes increased telomere length by reducing the expression of the telomere-associated protein Rif1p. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33498 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that mutations of components of the THO complex affect telomere functions by reducing the expression of a telomere-associated protein, Rif1p. ..
- Lin Y, Chen L, Herrfurth C, Feussner I, Li H. Reduced Biosynthesis of Digalactosyldiacylglycerol, a Major Chloroplast Membrane Lipid, Leads to Oxylipin Overproduction and Phloem Cap Lignification in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2016;28:219-32 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a link between the biosynthesis of DGDG and JA. ..
- Yu T, Lue W, Wang S, Chen J. Mutation of Arabidopsis plastid phosphoglucose isomerase affects leaf starch synthesis and floral initiation. Plant Physiol. 2000;123:319-26 pubmed..The pleiotropic phenotype of late flowering conferred by these starch metabolic mutations suggests that carbohydrate metabolism plays an important role in floral initiation. ..
- Liao Y, Hsu S, Huang P. ARMS depletion facilitates UV irradiation induced apoptotic cell death in melanoma. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11547-56 pubmed
- Shao P, Lu M, Liau Y, Kao C, Chang S, Huang L. Lack of resistance-associated mutations in UL54 and UL97 genes of circulating cytomegalovirus strains isolated in a medical center in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc. 2012;111:456-60 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that resistant HCMV strains are not prevalent in Taiwan. ..
- Luo C, Lin H, Gopinath S, Chen Y. Distinction of sperm-binding site and reactive site for trypsin inhibition on p12 secreted from the accessory sex glands of male mice. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:965-71 pubmed..The steric arrangement of R19, Y21, and D22 on the tertiary structure of P12 is discussed...
- Wang Y, Lin R, Tan Y, Chen J, Chen C, Wang Y. Wild-type p53 overexpression and its correlation with MDM2 and p14ARF alterations: an alternative pathway to non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:154-64 pubmed
- Lee H. Chimeric CYP21P/CYP21 and TNXA/TNXB genes in the RCCX module. Mol Genet Metab. 2005;84:4-8 pubmed..In addition, the haplotype of CYP21 with chimera CYP21P/CYP21 causes 21-hydroxylase deficiency in congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), while chimera TNXA/TNXB is associated with Ehlers-Danols syndrome as well as CAH. ..
- Liu H, Wu C, Chang Y. PRA1 promotes the intracellular trafficking and NF-kappaB signaling of EBV latent membrane protein 1. EMBO J. 2006;25:4120-30 pubmed..These novel findings provide important new insights into LMP1, and identify an unexpected new role for PRA1 in cellular signaling. ..
- Liao J, Lee J, Wu S, Chiou S. COOH-terminal truncations and site-directed mutations enhance thermostability and chaperone-like activity of porcine alphaB-crystallin. Mol Vis. 2009;15:1429-44 pubmed..Our study clearly demonstrated that both the length and electrostatic charge of the COOH-terminal segment play crucial roles in governing the structural stability and chaperone activity of alphaB-crystallin. ..
- Yeh C. Development of HBV S gene mutants in chronic hepatitis B patients receiving nucleotide/nucleoside analogue therapy. Antivir Ther. 2010;15:471-5 pubmed publisher..The clinical consequences of infection by these S gene mutants demand further clarification. Judicious selection of the antiviral agents and vigilant monitoring of viral mutants during the course of therapy are advised. ..
- Chen L, Wu K. Role of histone deacetylases HDA6 and HDA19 in ABA and abiotic stress response. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:1318-20 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that HDA6 and HDA19 may play a redundant role in modulating seed germination and salt stress response, as well as ABA- and salt stress-induced gene expression in Arabidopsis. ..
- Lai Y, Lin F, Chuang M, Shen H, Wang T. Genetic requirements and meiotic function of phosphorylation of the yeast axial element protein Red1. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:912-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that the phosphorylation of Red1 is not essential for its functions in meiosis. ..
- Chen C, Dickman K, Huang C, Moriya M, Shun C, Tai H, et al. Aristolochic acid-induced upper tract urothelial carcinoma in Taiwan: clinical characteristics and outcomes. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:14-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AA-UUC patients tend to be younger and female, and have more advanced renal disease. Notably, AA exposure was associated with an increased risk for developing synchronous bilateral and metachronous contralateral UUC. ..
- Yuan R, Chang K, Chen Y, Hsu H, Lee P, Lai P, et al. S100P expression is a novel prognostic factor in hepatocellular carcinoma and predicts survival in patients with high tumor stage or early recurrent tumors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65501 pubmed publisher..0002, respectively). Our study indicates the expression of the S100P protein is a novel independent predictor for poor prognosis in HCC, and it is also an unfavorable prognostic predictor in HCC patients with high tumor stage or ETR. ..
- Ko T, Chen Y, Robinson H, Tsai P, Gao Y, Chen A, et al. Mechanism of product chain length determination and the role of a flexible loop in Escherichia coli undecaprenyl-pyrophosphate synthase catalysis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47474-82 pubmed publisher..The loop may function to bridge the interaction of IPP with FPP, needed to initiate the condensation reaction and serve as a hinge to control the substrate binding and product release...
- Su Y, Lee C, Hung C, Chen C, Cheng W, Tsao P, et al. Rapid detection of beta-globin gene (HBB) mutations coupling heteroduplex and primer-extension analysis by DHPLC. Hum Mutat. 2003;22:326-36 pubmed
- Guo Y, Liao K, Soong B, Tsai C, Niu D, Lee H, et al. Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis in Taiwan: a morphometric and genetic study. Eur Neurol. 2004;51:206-14 pubmed..In conclusion, the neuropathy of our CIPA patients included a marked reduction of small myelinated and unmyelinated fibers and a relatively increased axon size. This is the first CIPA family encountered in Taiwan. ..
- Liao Y, Jeng J, Wang C, Wang S, Chang S. Removal of N-terminal methionine from recombinant proteins by engineered E. coli methionine aminopeptidase. Protein Sci. 2004;13:1802-10 pubmed..On the basis of N-terminal sequence information in the protein database, 85%-90% of recombinant proteins should be produced in authentic form by our engineered MetAPs. ..
- Hsu Y, Liu Y, Wang W, Kao F, Kung S. In vivo dynamics of enterovirus protease revealed by fluorescence resonance emission transfer (FRET) based on a novel FRET pair. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:939-45 pubmed..The study provides proof of principle for applying the FRET technology to diagnostics, screening procedures, and cell biological research. ..
- Tsai C, Lai L, Hwang J, Lin J, Chiang F. Molecular genetics of atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;52:241-50 pubmed publisher..However, challenges and pitfalls exist in association studies, and consideration of particular features of study design is necessary before making definite conclusions from these studies. ..
- Lee Y, Liu C, Chang M, Lin K, Fuh J, Lu Y, et al. Population-specific spectrum of NOTCH3 mutations, MRI features and founder effect of CADASIL in Chinese. J Neurol. 2009;256:249-55 pubmed publisher..Anterior temporal hyperintensity on T2-weighted MRI may not be a sensitive marker for CADASIL. ICH is a relatively common manifestation of CADASIL in East Asians, especially in the presence of hypertension. ..
- Wu J, Huang Y, Chau G, Su C, Lai C, Lee P, et al. Risk factors for early and late recurrence in hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2009;51:890-7 pubmed publisher..Pre- and post-operative antiviral and anti-inflammatory therapies may be crucial in reducing late recurrence. ..
- Huang T, Chang H, Hsueh Y. CASK phosphorylation by PKA regulates the protein-protein interactions of CASK and expression of the NMDAR2b gene. J Neurochem. 2010;112:1562-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data provide evidence that PKA phosphorylates CASK, regulates the nuclear function of CASK, and consequently modulates NMDAR2b expression. ..
- Hsu H, Chang M, Ni Y, Chiang C, Chen H, Wu J, et al. No increase in prevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen mutant in a population of children and adolescents who were fully covered by universal infant immunization. J Infect Dis. 2010;201:1192-200 pubmed publisher..HBsAg-negative sera containing a mutants had very low HBV DNA levels. Less infectivity of G145R, recombinant vaccine use, and mutant loss with older age seem to decrease the a mutant prevalence in an immunized population over time. ..
- Sabbagha N, Kao H, Yang C, Huang C, Lin W, Tsai F, et al. Alternative splicing in Acad8 resulting a mitochondrial defect and progressive hepatic steatosis in mice. Pediatr Res. 2011;70:31-6 pubmed publisher..This mouse model of isobutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency could provide us a better understanding of the possible role of IBD deficiency in mitochondriopathy and fatty liver. ..
- Desclos Theveniau M, Arnaud D, Huang T, Lin G, Chen W, Lin Y, et al. The Arabidopsis lectin receptor kinase LecRK-V.5 represses stomatal immunity induced by Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002513 pubmed publisher..5 negatively regulates stomatal immunity upstream of ROS biosynthesis. Our data reveal that plants have evolved mechanisms to reverse bacteria-mediated stomatal closure to prevent long-term effect on CO(2) uptake and photosynthesis...
- Hsu P, Tsay Y. Two phloem nitrate transporters, NRT1.11 and NRT1.12, are important for redistributing xylem-borne nitrate to enhance plant growth. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:844-56 pubmed publisher..11 and NRT1.12 are involved in xylem-to-phloem transfer for redistributing nitrate into developing leaves, and such nitrate redistribution is a critical step for optimal plant growth enhanced by increasing external nitrate. ..
- Hsieh S, Liaw S, Lee S, Hsieh P, Lin K, Chu C, et al. Aberrant caspase-activated DNase (CAD) transcripts in human hepatoma cells. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:210-6 pubmed..That mutations and aberrantly spliced transcripts for the CAD gene are frequently present in human HCC cells, especially in poorly differentiated HCC cells, suggests a significant role of CAD in human hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Hsieh R, Lim K, Kuo H, Tzen C, Huang M. Female sex and bronchioloalveolar pathologic subtype predict EGFR mutations in non-small cell lung cancer. Chest. 2005;128:317-21 pubmed
- Tsai W, Tung Y. Novel deletion mutations of the DAX1 (NR0B1) gene in two Taiwanese families with X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2005;18:991-7 pubmed..These data indicate that molecular analysis of the DAX1 (NR0B1) gene is important for the diagnosis and genetic counseling of children with primary adrenal insufficiency. ..
- Liou S, Cheng M, Wang C. SGT2 and MDY2 interact with molecular chaperone YDJ1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2007;12:59-70 pubmed..Moreover, MDY2 interacted genetically with YDJ1. These results suggest that protein complexes containing Sgt2 and Mdy2 bring molecular chaperones together to carry out certain chaperoning functions. ..
- Lee P, Su Y, Yu C, Yang P, Wu H. PHOX2B mutation-confirmed congenital central hypoventilation syndrome in a Chinese family: presentation from newborn to adulthood. Chest. 2009;135:537-544 pubmed publisher..We report a Chinese family with paired-like homeobox 2B (PHOX2B) mutation-confirmed CCHS, with a clinical spectrum from newborn to adulthood, to increase awareness of its various manifestations...
- Lin C, Hu C, Shih H. Clathrin heavy chain mediates TACC3 targeting to mitotic spindles to ensure spindle stability. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:1097-105 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate the association between aurora A phosphorylation and spindle apparatus and demonstrate that regulation from aurora A is mediated by CHC in recruiting phospho-TACC3 and subsequently ch-TOG to mitotic spindles. ..
- Yeh C, So M, Ng J, Yang H, Chang M, Lai M, et al. Hepatitis B virus-DNA level and basal core promoter A1762T/G1764A mutation in liver tissue independently predict postoperative survival in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;52:1922-33 pubmed publisher..A short stretch pre-S deletion located between codons 107 and 141 was strongly associated with a poorer postoperative prognosis...
- Chen H, Hung W, Tseng S, Tsai J, Hsueh P, Teng L. Fusidic acid resistance determinants in Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolates. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:4985-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the distribution of fusidic acid resistance determinants (fusA mutations, fusB, and fusC) was quite different between MRSA and MSSA groups. ..
- Lin C, Tsai P, Wu R, Chien C. LRRK2 G2019S mutation induces dendrite degeneration through mislocalization and phosphorylation of tau by recruiting autoactivated GSK3ß. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13138-49 pubmed publisher..G2019S increases the recruitment of autoactivated Sgg, thus inducing hyperphosphorylation and mislocalization of tau with resultant dendrite degeneration. ..
- Lieu C, Shen Y, Lai W, Tsai W, Hsu H. Prevalence of MPL W515L/K mutations in Taiwanese patients with Philadelphia-negative chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms. J Chin Med Assoc. 2010;73:530-2 pubmed publisher..All the patients were normal at codon 515 regardless of their JAK2 status. The MPL W515L/K mutations are rare in Taiwanese patients with Ph-negative MPNs. ..
- Thangasamy S, Guo C, Chuang M, Lai M, Chen J, Jauh G. Rice SIZ1, a SUMO E3 ligase, controls spikelet fertility through regulation of anther dehiscence. New Phytol. 2011;189:869-82 pubmed publisher..The results suggest the functional role of SIZ1, a SUMO E3 ligase, in regulating rice anther dehiscence. ..
- Liu S, Chang Y, Wang W, Chung M, Lin W, Chou W, et al. A non-covalent interaction between small ubiquitin-like modifier-1 and Zac1 regulates Zac1 cellular functions. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;44:547-55 pubmed publisher..This work indicates that Zac1 functions are regulated, at least in part, via non-covalent interactions with SUMO-1 for the induction of p21, which is important for the modulation of apoptosis. ..
- Chen C, Wang J, Lu S, Hu T, Hung C, Chang M, et al. Treatment response and evolution of HBV resistance during lamivudine plus adefovir or entecavir therapy in patients with adefovir-resistant mutants. Antivir Ther. 2012;17:701-9 pubmed publisher..LAM+ADV were less effective in patients with the double mutant rtA181T/V+rtN236T than the single rtN236T mutation. The incidence of ETV-resistant mutation was high in patients with LAM/ADV-resistant mutants treated with ETV monotherapy. ..
- Liang D, Liu H, Yang C, Jaing T, Hung I, Yeh T, et al. Cooperating gene mutations in childhood acute myeloid leukemia with special reference on mutations of ASXL1, TET2, IDH1, IDH2, and DNMT3A. Blood. 2013;121:2988-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that mutated epigenetic regulators were much less than those in adult AML but with frequent cooperating mutations. ASXL1, TET2, and IDH1 mutations were associated with specific genetic subtypes. ..
- Lin C, Chen I, Huang C, Hu F, Kuo W, Kuo K, et al. TP53 Mutational Analysis Enhances the Prognostic Accuracy of IHC4 and PAM50 Assays. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17879 pubmed publisher..9, Pâ€‰=â€‰<0.001) in the METABRIC cohort. We conclude that incorporating TP53 mutation analysis can enhance the prognostic accuracy of the IHC4 and PAM50 assays. ..
- Jiang S, Chiou Y, Wang E, Lin H, Lee S, Lu H, et al. Targeted disruption of Nphp1 causes male infertility due to defects in the later steps of sperm morphogenesis in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3368-79 pubmed publisher..The possible roles of nephrocystin in the formation and maintenance of Sertoli-spermatid junctions are still under investigation. ..
- Huang W, Huang C, Weng S, Eng H. Expression of the multidrug resistance protein MRP and the lung-resistance protein LRP in nasal NK/T cell lymphoma: further exploring the role of P53 and WT1 gene. Pathology. 2009;41:127-32 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to validate the association between P53 mutation and expression of MRP and LRP in nasal NKTL. ..
- Wu C, Yeh S, Tsay Y, Shieh Y, Kao C, Chen Y, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase-3 regulates the phosphorylation of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus nucleocapsid protein and viral replication. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5229-39 pubmed publisher..This study, thus, provides new avenues to further investigate the specific role of N protein phosphorylation in CoV replication. ..
- Ma Y, Wu S, Lee W, Cheng J, Wei Y. Response to the increase of oxidative stress and mutation of mitochondrial DNA in aging. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:1021-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that cellular response to oxidative stress and oxidative damage elicited by mitochondrial dysfunction and/or mtDNA mutations plays an important role in human aging. ..