Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on muscle proteins in Japan
Topic: muscle proteins
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Sato T, Niwa M, Himeno A, Tsutsumi K, Amemiya T. Quantitative receptor autoradiographic analysis for angiotensin II receptors in bovine retinal microvessels: quantitation with radioluminography. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 1993;13:233-45 pubmed..Knowledge of the existence of large numbers of specific binding sites, candidates of physiologically active angiotensin II receptors, aids with understanding the regulatory roles of angiotensin II in the blood-retinal barrier. ..
- Kinbara K, Sorimachi H, Ishiura S, Suzuki K. Muscle-specific calpain, p94, interacts with the extreme C-terminal region of connectin, a unique region flanked by two immunoglobulin C2 motifs. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;342:99-107 pubmed..However, the C-terminal region of connectin bound to p94 through M-is7. Our results suggest that the interaction between p94 and the C-terminus of skeletal muscle-type connectin is involved in tissue-specific myofibriogenesis. ..
- Kawakami A, Kimura Kawakami M, Nomura T, Fujisawa H. Distributions of PAX6 and PAX7 proteins suggest their involvement in both early and late phases of chick brain development. Mech Dev. 1997;66:119-30 pubmed
- Jalil A, Horiuchi M, Nomoto M, Kobayashi K, Saheki T. Catecholamine metabolism inhibitors and receptor blockades only partially suppress cardiac hypertrophy of juvenile visceral steatosis mice with systemic carnitine deficiency. Life Sci. 1999;64:1137-44 pubmed..The aberrant gene expression of ANP and CDV-1 found in JVS mice seems to be independent of catecholamine metabolism, and mediated primarily by the systemic carnitine deficiency. ..
- Kageyama R, Ohtsuka T, Tomita K. The bHLH gene Hes1 regulates differentiation of multiple cell types. Mol Cells. 2000;10:1-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the Notch-Hes1 pathway, which is controlled by cell-cell interaction, plays an essential role in differentiation of many cell types. ..
- Kato M, Suwa A, Shimokawa T. Glucose catabolic gene mRNA levels in skeletal muscle exhibit non-coordinate expression in hyperglycemic mice. Horm Metab Res. 2004;36:513-8 pubmed..Abnormal expression of glucose catabolic genes may contribute to hyperglycemia and muscle insulin resistance in these four strains. ..
- Terasaki A, Nakagawa H, Kotani E, Mori H, Ohashi K. A high molecular mass protein isolated from chicken gizzard: its localization at the dense plaques and dense bodies of smooth muscle and the Z-disks of skeletal muscle. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 3):857-68 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Ahn J, Tanahashi N, Akiyama K, Hisamatsu H, Noda C, Tanaka K, et al. Primary structures of two homologous subunits of PA28, a gamma-interferon-inducible protein activator of the 20S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 1995;366:37-42 pubmed..They also provide the basis for future structure/function studies of PA28 subunits and the determination of their relative physiological roles in the regulation of proteasome activity. ..
- Ikemoto T, Komazaki S, Takeshima H, Nishi M, Noda T, Iino M, et al. Functional and morphological features of skeletal muscle from mutant mice lacking both type 1 and type 3 ryanodine receptors. J Physiol. 1997;501 ( Pt 2):305-12 pubmed..RyR-3 may have a role in the normal morphogenesis of skeletal muscle cells, although functionally it can be replaced by RyR-1. ..
- Matsushita M, Fujita T. Ficolins and the lectin complement pathway. Immunol Rev. 2001;180:78-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that serum ficolins are structurally and functionally similar to MBL and have the capacity to activate the lectin pathway and thus have a role in innate immunity. ..
- Miura S, Kai Y, Ono M, Ezaki O. Overexpression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha down-regulates GLUT4 mRNA in skeletal muscles. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31385-90 pubmed..Thus, an increase of PGC-1alpha plays a role in increasing mitochondrial biogenesis and fatty acid oxidation but not in increasing GLUT4 mRNA in skeletal muscles. ..
- Asrar S, Kaneko K, Takao K, Negandhi J, Matsui M, Shibasaki K, et al. DIP/WISH deficiency enhances synaptic function and performance in the Barnes maze. Mol Brain. 2011;4:39 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DIP/WISH deletion improves performance in the Barnes maze test in mice probably through increased hippocampal long-term potentiation. ..
- Nakatsuji Y, Hidaka K, Tsujino S, Yamamoto Y, Mukai T, Yanagihara T, et al. A single MEF-2 site is a major positive regulatory element required for transcription of the muscle-specific subunit of the human phosphoglycerate mutase gene in skeletal and cardiac muscle cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4384-90 pubmed..These observations define the PGAM-M enhancer as the only cardiac- and skeletal-muscle-specific enhancer characterized thus far that is mainly activated through MEF-2. ..
- Matsushita T, Oyamada M, Fujimoto K, Yasuda Y, Masuda S, Wada Y, et al. Remodeling of cell-cell and cell-extracellular matrix interactions at the border zone of rat myocardial infarcts. Circ Res. 1999;85:1046-55 pubmed..Moreover, the remodeling of the intercalated disk region at the myocardial interface with area of scar tissues was associated with the acquisition of extracellular matrix and beta(1)-integrin. ..
- Fukaya H, Niwano S, Satoh D, Masaki Y, Niwano H, Kojima J, et al. Inhomogenic effect of bepridil on atrial electrical remodeling in a canine rapid atrial stimulation model. Circ J. 2008;72:318-26 pubmed..Bepridil exhibited an anti-electrical remodeling effect in this study as previously reported, but the effect was inhomogeneous between the RA and LA, with the LA appearing to be more resistant to the effect of bepridil. ..
- Kurasawa M, Sato N, Matsuda A, Koshida S, Totsuka T, Obinata T. Differential expression of C-protein isoforms in developing and degenerating mouse striated muscles. Muscle Nerve. 1999;22:196-207 pubmed..We also suggest that the expression of S isoform may be stimulated in degenerating human dystrophic muscles. ..
- Muroya S, Nakajima I, Chikuni K. Related expression of MyoD and Myf5 with myosin heavy chain isoform types in bovine adult skeletal muscles. Zoolog Sci. 2002;19:755-61 pubmed..The results suggest that MyoD and Myf5 influence the MyHC isoform expression, although the effects are not decisive in specifying the phenotypes of adult muscles. ..
- Qi F, Ogawa K, Tokinaga Y, Uematsu N, Minonishi T, Hatano Y. Volatile anesthetics inhibit angiotensin II-induced vascular contraction by modulating myosin light chain phosphatase inhibiting protein, CPI-17 and regulatory subunit, MYPT1 phosphorylation. Anesth Analg. 2009;109:412-7 pubmed publisher..Although both volatile anesthetics inhibited Ang II-induced vasoconstriction and MLC phosphorylation to similar extent, the mechanisms behind the inhibitory effects of each anesthetic on MLCP activity appear to differ. ..
- Hoshino D, Yoshida Y, Holloway G, Lally J, Hatta H, Bonen A. Clenbuterol, a ?2-adrenergic agonist, reciprocally alters PGC-1 alpha and RIP140 and reduces fatty acid and pyruvate oxidation in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R373-84 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that clenbuterol appears to exert its metabolic effects via simultaneous and reciprocal changes in the nuclear receptor coactivator PGC-1? and the nuclear corepressor RIP140...
- Yajima H, Ohtsuka H, Kume H, Endo T, Kimura S, Maruyama K. Molecular cloning of a partial cDNA clone encoding the C terminal region of chicken breast muscle connectin. Zoolog Sci. 1996;13:119-23 pubmed..1994) was erroneous due to the accidental ligation of the cDNA clone encoding a N terminal region of connectin with a partial porin cDNA clone. ..
- Islam M, Suzuki H, Yoneda M, Tanaka M. Primary structure of the smallest (6.4-kDa) subunit of human and bovine ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase deduced from cDNA sequences. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1997;41:1109-16 pubmed..Northern blot of human mRNAs from different tissues confirmed the existence of a single species of transcript among the tissues but the human gene is highly expressed in bioenergetically active tissues like heart and skeletal muscle. ..
- Ohtsuka H, Yajima H, Maruyama K, Kimura S. The N-terminal Z repeat 5 of connectin/titin binds to the C-terminal region of alpha-actinin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:1-3 pubmed
- Shimuta M, Komazaki S, Nishi M, Iino M, Nakagawara K, Takeshima H. Structure and expression of mitsugumin29 gene. FEBS Lett. 1998;431:263-7 pubmed..The results obtained may suggest that mitsugumin29 is involved in the formation of specialized endoplasmic reticulum systems in skeletal muscle and renal tubule cells. ..
- Sorimachi H, Ono Y, Suzuki K. Skeletal muscle-specific calpain, p94, and connectin/titin: their physiological functions and relationship to limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2A. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2000;481:383-95; discussion 395-7 pubmed..LGMD2A mutants of p94 also reveal significant information on the factors that relate structure to function in this molecule. ..
- Goto K, Okuyama R, Sugiyama H, Honda M, Kobayashi T, Uehara K, et al. Effects of heat stress and mechanical stretch on protein expression in cultured skeletal muscle cells. Pflugers Arch. 2003;447:247-53 pubmed..These observations suggest strongly that heating and passive stretch of muscle may be useful as a means of increasing muscle mass, not only in athletes but also in patients during rehabilitation. ..
- Furuyashiki T, Nagayasu H, Aoki Y, Bessho H, Hashimoto T, Kanazawa K, et al. Tea catechin suppresses adipocyte differentiation accompanied by down-regulation of PPARgamma2 and C/EBPalpha in 3T3-L1 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:2353-9 pubmed..Thus, catechin suppressed adipocyte differentiation accompanied by the down-regulation of PPARgamma2, C/EBPalpha, and GLUT4. These results suggest that tea catechin prevents obesity through the suppression of adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Shimura M, Minamisawa S, Yokoyama U, Umemura S, Ishikawa Y. Mechanical stress-dependent transcriptional regulation of sarcolipin gene in the rodent atrium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:861-6 pubmed..The two independent complementary experiments unequivocally demonstrated that mechanical stress down-regulates the transcription of the sarcolipin gene. ..
- Dhar D, Wang T, Tabara H, Tonomoto Y, Maruyama R, Tachibana M, et al. Expression of trefoil factor family members correlates with patient prognosis and neoangiogenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6472-8 pubmed..Female patients with TFF3-negative advanced gastric carcinoma have comparable survival as that reported for patients with early gastric carcinoma. ..
- Shinde A, Nakano S, Sugawara M, Toyoshima I, Ito H, Tanaka K, et al. Expression of caveolar components in primary desminopathy. Neuromuscul Disord. 2008;18:215-9 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, they could be trapped during internalization. We hypothesize that the accumulation of multiple proteins in MFM could be partially due to inhibited intracellular trafficking...
- Benton B, Reid M, Okayama H. A Schizosaccharomyces pombe gene that promotes sexual differentiation encodes a helix-loop-helix protein with homology to MyoD. EMBO J. 1993;12:135-43 pubmed..Thus, this MyoD/Myf-5-like protein appears to promote sexual differentiation by modulating responses to decreases in cAMP, a part of the nitrogen starvation signal that induces differentiation. ..
- Wada T, Sasaoka T, Funaki M, Hori H, Murakami S, Ishiki M, et al. Overexpression of SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 results in negative regulation of insulin-induced metabolic actions in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via its 5'-phosphatase catalytic activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1633-46 pubmed
- Okamura T, Taniguchi S, Ohkura T, Yoshida A, Shimizu H, Sakai M, et al. Abnormally high expression of proteasome activator-gamma in thyroid neoplasm. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:1374-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PA28-gamma is overexpressed in thyroid cancer, especially in its growth-accelerated cells. ..
- Matsubara S, Mizuno Y, Kitaguchi T, Isozaki E, Miyamoto K, Hirai S. Fukuyama-type congenital muscular dystrophy: close relation between changes in the muscle basal lamina and plasma membrane. Neuromuscul Disord. 1999;9:388-98 pubmed..This suggests that the primary cause of FCMD is related to formation and maintenance of the basal lamina. ..
- Yang Y, Obinata T, Shimada Y. Developmental relationship of myosin binding proteins (myomesin, connectin and C-protein) to myosin in chicken somites as studied by immunofluorescence microscopy. Cell Struct Funct. 2000;25:177-85 pubmed..The presence of the slow, then the slow and the cardiac, and finally the co-existence of the slow and the fast isoforms of C-protein may interfere with the incorporation and co-polymerization of non-adult isoforms into myofibrils. ..
- Furukawa T, Ono Y, Tsuchiya H, Katayama Y, Bang M, Labeit D, et al. Specific interaction of the potassium channel beta-subunit minK with the sarcomeric protein T-cap suggests a T-tubule-myofibril linking system. J Mol Biol. 2001;313:775-84 pubmed..We speculate that this interaction may contribute to a stretch-dependent regulation of potassium flux in cardiac muscle, providing a "mechano-electrical feedback" system. ..
- Kurisaki T, Masuda A, Sudo K, Sakagami J, Higashiyama S, Matsuda Y, et al. Phenotypic analysis of Meltrin alpha (ADAM12)-deficient mice: involvement of Meltrin alpha in adipogenesis and myogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:55-61 pubmed..We also report here the chromosomal locations of Meltrin alpha in the mouse and rat. ..
- Nishida W, Kitami Y, Abe M, Hiwada K. Gene cloning and nucleotide sequence of SM22 alpha from the chicken gizzard smooth muscle. Biochem Int. 1991;23:663-8 pubmed..using Edman degradation method (J. Biol. Chem. 262:5985, 1987) except for two additional residues, isoleucine and serine at the C-terminus. ..
- Nose A, Umeda T, Takeichi M. Neuromuscular target recognition by a homophilic interaction of connectin cell adhesion molecules in Drosophila. Development. 1997;124:1433-41 pubmed..Furthermore, the ectopic synapse formation was dependent on the endogenous CON expression on the SNa motoneurons. These results show that CON can function as an attractive and homophilic target recognition molecule in vivo. ..
- Yamamura H, Yoshikawa H, Tatsuta M, Akedo H, Takahashi K. Expression of the smooth muscle calponin gene in human osteosarcoma and its possible association with prognosis. Int J Cancer. 1998;79:245-50 pubmed..Alterations in the expression of other markers examined were not correlated with prognosis. Our results suggest that the basic calponin gene product may be a novel prognostic variable in patients with osteosarcoma. ..
- Koya T, Nishizawa S, Ohno Y, Goto A, Ikuta A, Suzuki M, et al. Heat shock transcription factor 1-deficiency attenuates overloading-associated hypertrophy of mouse soleus muscle. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77788 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of muscle hypertrophy might be attributed to the greater and prolonged enhancement of IL-6 expression. HSF1 and/or HSF1-mediated stress response may, in part, play a key role in loading-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy. ..
- Isami S, Kishikawa H, Araki E, Uehara M, Kaneko K, Shirotani T, et al. Bradykinin enhances GLUT4 translocation through the increase of insulin receptor tyrosine kinase in primary adipocytes: evidence that bradykinin stimulates the insulin signalling pathway. Diabetologia. 1996;39:412-20 pubmed..This effect could be explained by the potency of bradykinin to upregulate the insulin receptor tyrosine kinase activity which stimulates phosphorylation of IRS-1, followed by GLUT4 translocation. ..
- Nishida K, Otsu K, Hori M, Kuzuya T, Tada M. Cloning and characterization of the 5'-upstream regulatory region of the Ca(2+)-release channel gene of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. Eur J Biochem. 1996;240:408-15 pubmed
- Koganehira Y, Takeoka M, Ehara T, Sasaki K, Murata H, Saida T, et al. Reduced expression of actin-binding proteins, h-caldesmon and calponin h1, in the vascular smooth muscle inside melanoma lesions: an adverse prognostic factor for malignant melanoma. Br J Dermatol. 2003;148:971-80 pubmed..Defective expression of these molecules is likely to be an important marker for metastatic potential and for poor prognosis of melanoma. ..
- Matsuba Y, Goto K, Morioka S, Naito T, Akema T, Hashimoto N, et al. Gravitational unloading inhibits the regenerative potential of atrophied soleus muscle in mice. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2009;196:329-39 pubmed publisher..Results suggested that loading plays an important role in the activation of the regenerating potential of injured skeletal muscle. ..
- Koebis M, Ohsawa N, Kino Y, Sasagawa N, Nishino I, Ishiura S. Alternative splicing of myomesin 1 gene is aberrantly regulated in myotonic dystrophy type 1. Genes Cells. 2011;16:961-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the downregulation of MBNL proteins should lead to the abnormal splicing of MYOM1 exon 17a in DM1 muscle. ..
- Saito T, Lo L, Anderson D, Mikoshiba K. Identification of novel paired homeodomain protein related to C. elegans unc-4 as a potential downstream target of MASH1. Dev Biol. 1996;180:143-55 pubmed..A sequential action of bHLH and paired homeodomain proteins is apparent in other neurogenic lineages and may be a general feature of both vertebrate and invertebate neurogenesis. ..
- Shimaya A, Kurosaki E, Shioduka K, Nakano R, Shibasaki M, Shikama H. YM268 increases the glucose uptake, cell differentiation, and mRNA expression of glucose transporter in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Horm Metab Res. 1998;30:543-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the mechanism by which YM268 increased glucose uptake, may be accounted for in part by the enhancement of GLUT1 and GLUT4 expression through PPARgamma activation. ..
- Utsugi T, Ohno T, Ohyama Y, Uchiyama T, Saito Y, Matsumura Y, et al. Decreased insulin production and increased insulin sensitivity in the klotho mutant mouse, a novel animal model for human aging. Metabolism. 2000;49:1118-23 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that insulin production is decreased and insulin sensitivity is increased in the klotho mouse, a novel animal model for human aging. ..
- Tojo H, Kaieda I, Hattori H, Katayama N, Yoshimura K, Kakimoto S, et al. The Formin family protein, formin homolog overexpressed in spleen, interacts with the insulin-responsive aminopeptidase and profilin IIa. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:1216-29 pubmed..These findings suggest that FHOS mediates an interaction between GLUT4/IRAP-containing vesicles and the cytoskeleton and may participate in exocytosis and/or retention of this membrane compartment. ..
- Sato M, Kawai Kowase K, Sato H, Oyama Y, Kanai H, Ohyama Y, et al. c-Src and hydrogen peroxide mediate transforming growth factor-beta1-induced smooth muscle cell-gene expression in 10T1/2 cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:341-7 pubmed..These results indicate that c-Src and hydrogen peroxide are required for TGF-beta1 signaling. ..
- Otsu K, Nishida K, Kimura Y, Kuzuya T, Hori M, Kamada T, et al. The point mutation Arg615-->Cys in the Ca2+ release channel of skeletal sarcoplasmic reticulum is responsible for hypersensitivity to caffeine and halothane in malignant hyperthermia. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9413-5 pubmed..These results provide definite evidence that a single amino acid mutation, Arg615-->Cys, in the ryanodine receptor is causative of MH. ..
- Ishihara K, Hiraoka M. Gating mechanism of the cloned inward rectifier potassium channel from mouse heart. J Membr Biol. 1994;142:55-64 pubmed..Our results suggest the existence of the intrinsic gating mechanism, accounting for the extent of rectification in the current-voltage relationship in the expressed channel. ..
- Icho T, Ikeda T, Matsumoto Y, Hanaoka F, Kaji K, Tsuchida N. A novel human gene that is preferentially transcribed in heart muscle. Gene. 1994;144:301-6 pubmed..In the middle of the sequence is a long stretch of alpha-helical residues that could form a coiled-coil. These features imply that this is a sequence encoding a new human motor protein. ..
- Kasahara H, Itoh M, Sugiyama T, Kido N, Hayashi H, Saito H, et al. Autoimmune myocarditis induced in mice by cardiac C-protein. Cloning of complementary DNA encoding murine cardiac C-protein and partial characterization of the antigenic peptides. J Clin Invest. 1994;94:1026-36 pubmed..This study provides a new animal model of autoimmune myocarditis which may shed light on the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kobayashi R, Kubota T, Hidaka H. Purification, characterization, and partial sequence analysis of a new 25-kDa actin-binding protein from bovine aorta: a SM22 homolog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;198:1275-80 pubmed..Although chicken SM22 had not any interaction with contractile proteins or Ca2+, the bovine homolog clearly binds to F-actin and has Ca(2+)-binding domain in its primary structure. ..
- Nishida W, Kitami Y, Hiwada K. cDNA cloning and mRNA expression of calponin and SM22 in rat aorta smooth muscle cells. Gene. 1993;130:297-302 pubmed..No significant differences were observed in the expression of the RaA calp and SM22 mRNAs between normotensive (Wistar Kyoto) and spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). ..
- Yasuda M, Koshida S, Sato N, Obinata T. Complete primary structure of chicken cardiac C-protein (MyBP-C) and its expression in developing striated muscles. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 1995;27:2275-86 pubmed..Northern blot analysis with the cloned cDNA as a probe demonstrated that mRNA of 5.0 kb is transcribed in both cardiac and embryonic skeletal muscle, and that it is specifically expressed in cardiac muscle among adult tissues. ..
- Itoh H, Tomita M, Uchino H, Kobayashi T, Kataoka H, Sekiya R, et al. cDNA cloning of rat pS2 peptide and expression of trefoil peptides in acetic acid-induced colitis. Biochem J. 1996;318 ( Pt 3):939-44 pubmed
- Inaguma Y, Hasegawa K, Kato K, Nishida Y. cDNA cloning of a 20-kDa protein (p20) highly homologous to small heat shock proteins: developmental and physiological changes in rat hindlimb muscles. Gene. 1996;178:145-50 pubmed..Developmental changes and a sciatic nerve denervation experiment suggested that the expression of p20 in rat hindlimb muscle is related to muscle contraction, and specifically in slow-twitch muscles. ..
- Shimokawa T, Kato M, Ezaki O, Hashimoto S. Transcriptional regulation of muscle-specific genes during myoblast differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:287-92 pubmed..These data clearly show the sequential and the differential regulation of muscle-specific genes in C2C12 cells during multinucleate myotube formation. ..
- Kawai H, Akaike M, Kunishige M, Inui T, Adachi K, Kimura C, et al. Clinical, pathological, and genetic features of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2A with new calpain 3 gene mutations in seven patients from three Japanese families. Muscle Nerve. 1998;21:1493-501 pubmed..The former mutation results in a W360R substitution in the proteolytic site of calpain 3, and the latter in a deletion of the Ca2+-binding domain. ..
- Tani S, Taniwaki M, Taniguchi Y, Minoguchi S, Kuroda K, Han H, et al. Chromosomal mapping of two RBP-J-related genes: Kyo-T and RBP-L. J Hum Genet. 1999;44:73-5 pubmed..RBP-L has a highly homologous region with RBP-J but the function of RBP-L is unknown. Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of human metaphase chromosomes localized Kyo-T and RBP-L to Xq26 and 20q12-13.1, respectively. ..
- Suzuki M, Shimada T, Kobayashi M. Bm kettin, homologue of the Drosophila kettin gene, is located on the Z chromosome in Bombyx mori and is not dosage compensated. Heredity (Edinb). 1999;82 ( Pt 2):170-9 pubmed..mori. Moreover, the twofold difference in Bm kettin expression between males and females may help explain the sexual difference in the wing flapping activity observed in some groups of Lepidoptera...
- Ikeda K, Emoto N, Matsuo M, Yokoyama M. Molecular identification and characterization of a novel nuclear protein whose expression is up-regulated in insulin-resistant animals. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3514-20 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that DARP is a novel nuclear protein potentially involved in the energy metabolism. Detailed analysis of DARP may provide new insights in the energy metabolism. ..
- Nagano O, Murakami D, Hartmann D, De Strooper B, Saftig P, Iwatsubo T, et al. Cell-matrix interaction via CD44 is independently regulated by different metalloproteinases activated in response to extracellular Ca(2+) influx and PKC activation. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:893-902 pubmed..The spatio-temporal regulation of two independent signaling pathways for CD44 cleavage plays a crucial role in cell-matrix interaction and cell migration...
- Ogawa M, Yamaji R, Higashimura Y, Harada N, Ashida H, Nakano Y, et al. 17?-estradiol represses myogenic differentiation by increasing ubiquitin-specific peptidase 19 through estrogen receptor ?. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:41455-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that (i) E2 induces USP19 expression through nuclear ER?, (ii) increased USP19-mediated deubiquitinating activity represses myogenesis, and (iii) ER? inhibits ER?-activated USP19 expression. ..
- Ogawa M, Kariya Y, Kitakaze T, Yamaji R, Harada N, Sakamoto T, et al. The preventive effect of ?-carotene on denervation-induced soleus muscle atrophy in mice. Br J Nutr. 2013;109:1349-58 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ?-carotene attenuates soleus muscle loss, perhaps by repressing the expressions of Atrogin-1, MuRF1, USP14 and USP19, at the early stage of soleus muscle atrophy. ..
- Takeuchi S, Kasamatsu A, Yamatoji M, Nakashima D, Endo Sakamoto Y, Koide N, et al. TEAD4-YAP interaction regulates tumoral growth by controlling cell-cycle arrest at the G1 phase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:385-390 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that TEAD4 might play an important role in tumoral growth and have potential to be a therapeutic target in OSCCs. ..
- Ishihara H, Tashiro F, Ikuta K, Asano T, Katagiri H, Inukai K, et al. Inhibition of pancreatic beta-cell glucokinase by antisense RNA expression in transgenic mice: mouse strain-dependent alteration of glucose tolerance. FEBS Lett. 1995;371:329-32 pubmed..These data suggest that a beta-cell secretory defect, in combination with other undefined genetic factors, causes impaired glucose homeostasis in mice. ..
- Takeshima H, Yamazawa T, Ikemoto T, Takekura H, Nishi M, Noda T, et al. Ca(2+)-induced Ca2+ release in myocytes from dyspedic mice lacking the type-1 ryanodine receptor. EMBO J. 1995;14:2999-3006 pubmed..Although RyR-3 does not mediate excitation-contraction coupling of the skeletal muscle type, we propose that RyR-3 may induce intracellular Ca2+ release in response to a Ca2+ rise with a high threshold. ..
- Kato K, Goto S, Inaguma Y, Hasegawa K, Morishita R, Asano T. Purification and characterization of a 20-kDa protein that is highly homologous to alpha B crystallin. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15302-9 pubmed..These results suggest that p20 is related to stress proteins. ..
- Nakai J, Dirksen R, Nguyen H, Pessah I, Beam K, Allen P. Enhanced dihydropyridine receptor channel activity in the presence of ryanodine receptor. Nature. 1996;380:72-5 pubmed..Our results support the possibility of a retrograde signal by which RyR-1 enhances the function of DHPRs as Ca2+ channels. ..
- Yajima H, Ohtsuka H, Kawamura Y, Kume H, Murayama T, Abe H, et al. A 11.5-kb 5'-terminal cDNA sequence of chicken breast muscle connectin/titin reveals its Z line binding region. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;223:160-4 pubmed..coli revealed that a region of some 800 amino acids from the N terminus of connectin is involved in its binding to the Z line in a sarcomere. ..
- Watanabe O, Maruyama I, Arimura K, Kitajima I, Arimura H, Hanatani M, et al. Overproduction of vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular permeability factor is causative in Crow-Fukase (POEMS) syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 1998;21:1390-7 pubmed..The principal isoform of VEGF in Crow-Fukase syndrome was VEGF165. Elevated VEGF was independent of M-protein. Our results suggest that the overproduction of VEGF is important in the pathogenesis of this disorder...
- Wadhwa R, Sugihara T, Yoshida A, Duncan E, Hardeman E, Nomura H, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel gene, striamin, that interacts with the tumor suppressor protein p53. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14948-55 pubmed..Furthermore, it repressed p53 activity in p53-mediated reporter assays. Fluorescence in situ hybridization with a mouse P1 genomic clone localized the gene to chromosome 12C3, which is syntenic to human chromosome 14q21-22. ..
- Honda H, Harada K, Komuro I, Terasaki F, Ueno H, Tanaka Y, et al. Heart-specific activation of LTK results in cardiac hypertrophy, cardiomyocyte degeneration and gene reprogramming in transgenic mice. Oncogene. 1999;18:3821-30 pubmed..These findings will provide novel insights into the activating mechanism and biological role of LTK in vivo. ..
- Suzuki A, Kadota N, Hara T, Nakagami Y, Izumi T, Takenawa T, et al. Meltrin alpha cytoplasmic domain interacts with SH3 domains of Src and Grb2 and is phosphorylated by v-Src. Oncogene. 2000;19:5842-50 pubmed..These results may imply that meltrin alpha cytoplasmic domain is involved in a signal transduction for some biological function through the interaction with SH3-containing proteins. ..
- Ikeda S, Miyazaki H, Nakatani T, Kai Y, Kamei Y, Miura S, et al. Up-regulation of SREBP-1c and lipogenic genes in skeletal muscles after exercise training. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:395-400 pubmed..These data indicate that SREBP-1c, a key transcription factor of liver triglyceride synthesis, might also be responsible for skeletal muscle triglyceride synthesis after chronic exercise training. ..
- Koyama T, Tago K, Nakamura T, Ohwada S, Morishita Y, Yokota J, et al. Mutation and expression of the beta-catenin-interacting protein ICAT in human colorectal tumors. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2002;32:358-62 pubmed..Our results suggest that ICAT is not the putative tumor suppressor on 1p36.1-p36.2, although aberrant overexpression of ICAT may play a role in the pathogenesis of colorectal carcinomas. ..
- Suzuki T, Li W, Zhang J, Tian Q, Sakagami H, Usuda N, et al. A novel scaffold protein, TANC, possibly a rat homolog of Drosophila rolling pebbles (rols), forms a multiprotein complex with various postsynaptic density proteins. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:339-50 pubmed..These results suggest that TANC protein may work as a postsynaptic scaffold component by forming a multiprotein complex with various postsynaptic density proteins. ..
- Yamamoto R, Akazawa H, Ito K, Toko H, Sano M, Yasuda N, et al. Angiotensin II type 1a receptor signals are involved in the progression of heart failure in MLP-deficient mice. Circ J. 2007;71:1958-64 pubmed..These results suggest that blockade of the receptor is effective in preventing progression of heart failure in dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Yamaoka K, Inoue M, Miyazaki K, Hirama M, Kondo C, Kinoshita E, et al. Synthetic ciguatoxins selectively activate Nav1.8-derived chimeric sodium channels expressed in HEK293 cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7597-605 pubmed publisher..4 and Na(v)1.8. Chimeras containing the N-terminal half of Na(v)1.8 exhibited a large response similar to wild-type Na(v)1.8, indicating that the region conferring high sensitivity to ciguatoxin action is located in the D1 or D2 domains. ..
- Hata K, Watanabe Y, Nakai H, Minami T, Ohsaki H, Hirakawa E, et al. Association of metastin/a G-protein-coupled receptor signaling and Down syndrome critical region 1 in epithelial ovarian cancer. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:617-23 pubmed..Genes such as DSCR1 that are duplicated in Down syndrome might not play an important role in tumorigenesis of epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- Nagao K, Bannai M, Seki S, Kawai N, Mori M, Takahashi M. Voluntary wheel running is beneficial to the amino acid profile of lysine-deficient rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E1170-8 pubmed publisher..The intense nocturnal voluntary running that characterizes rodents might be an adaptation of lysine-deficient grain eaters that allows them to maximize opportunities for food acquisition. ..
- Jiang J, Nakayama T, Shimodaira M, Sato N, Aoi N, Sato M, et al. Haplotype of smoothelin gene associated with essential hypertension. Hereditas. 2012;149:178-85 pubmed publisher..002). The G-C-A-C haplotype appears to be a useful protective marker of essential hypertension in Japanese, and the SMTN gene might also be a genetic marker for essential hypertension. ..
- Noguchi J, Yanagisawa M, Imamura M, Kasuya Y, Sakurai T, Tanaka T, et al. Complete primary structure and tissue expression of chicken pectoralis M-protein. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20302-10 pubmed..This indicates that M-protein, along with other thick filament-associated proteins such as C-protein, twichin, and titin, belongs to the superfamily of cytoskeletal proteins with immunoglobulin/fibronectin repeats. ..
- Nishikawa S, Fujiwara K, Kitamura H. Formation of the tooth enamel rod pattern and the cytoskeletal organization in secretory ameloblasts of the rat incisor. Eur J Cell Biol. 1988;47:222-32 pubmed..These observations suggest that the cytoskeletal organization in the ameloblast is involved in the formation of the enamel matrix pattern in the rat incisor...
- Machado U, Shimizu Y, Saito M. Decreased glucose transporter (GLUT 4) content in insulin-sensitive tissues of obese aurothioglucose- and monosodium glutamate-treated mice. Horm Metab Res. 1993;25:462-5 pubmed..These results confirm a decreased expression of GLUT 4, but not of GLUT 1, in insulin-sensitive tissues, which may contribute to the impaired glucose utilization in these obese animals. ..
- Jinno Y, Sengoku K, Nakao M, Tamate K, Miyamoto T, Matsuzaka T, et al. Mouse/human sequence divergence in a region with a paternal-specific methylation imprint at the human H19 locus. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:1155-61 pubmed..These findings could suggest a role for secondary DNA structure in genomic imprinting across the species, and they also present a puzzling aspect of the evolution of the H19 regulatory region in human and mouse. ..