Experts and Doctors on muscle contraction in Spain
Topic: muscle contraction
- Carrera M, Barbe F, Sauleda J, Tomas M, Gomez C, Santos C, et al. Effects of obesity upon genioglossus structure and function in obstructive sleep apnoea. Eur Respir J. 2004;23:425-9 pubmed..These results suggest that different pathogenic mechanisms may underlie the development of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome in obese and nonobese patients. This observation may have potential clinical implications. ..
- Sastre E, Blanco Rivero J, Caracuel L, Lahera V, Balfagon G. Effects of lipopolysaccharide on the neuronal control of mesenteric vascular tone in rats: mechanisms involved. Shock. 2012;38:328-34 pubmed publisher..After 5 h of LPS exposure, this enhancement was reduced, because of restoration of the adrenergic component and maintenance of the nitrergic reduction. ..
- Abalo R, Vera G, Rivera A, Moro Rodríguez E, Martín Fontelles M. Postnatal maturation of the gastrointestinal tract: a functional and immunohistochemical study in the guinea-pig ileum at weaning. Neurosci Lett. 2009;467:105-10 pubmed publisher..The nutritional, behavioural and environmental changes associated with weaning may be essential to attain full maturation of the myenteric plexus and gastrointestinal motility. ..
- Morales A, Rodriguez Barbero A, Vicente Sánchez C, Mayoral P, Lopez Novoa J, Perez Barriocanal F. Resveratrol inhibits gentamicin-induced mesangial cell contraction. Life Sci. 2006;78:2373-7 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the protective effect resveratrol against gentamicin-induced reduction in renal function in vivo could be mediated by inhibiting gentamicin-induced mesangial cells contraction. ..
- Alvarez Y, Pérez Girón J, Hernanz R, Briones A, García Redondo A, Beltrán A, et al. Losartan reduces the increased participation of cyclooxygenase-2-derived products in vascular responses of hypertensive rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:381-8 pubmed..The increased oxidative stress seems to be one of the mechanisms involved. ..
- Perez Guerrero C, Alvarez de Sotomayor M, Herrera M, Marhuenda E. Endothelium modulates contractile response to simvastatin in rat aorta. Z Naturforsch C. 2000;55:121-4 pubmed..This rise in Ca2+ concentration could be due to an inhibition of isoprenoid synthesis prevented by mevalonate. ..
- Centeno Prada R, LÃ³pez C, Naranjo Orellana J. Jump percentile: a proposal for evaluation of high level sportsmen. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2015;55:464-70 pubmed..The results obtained suggest that a percentile table may be useful in assessing explosive strength in athletes, regardless of there being any reference values available for their sports discipline. ..
- Fagundes D, Gonzalo S, Grasa L, Castro M, Arruebo M, Plaza M, et al. Trolox reduces the effect of ethanol on acetylcholine-induced contractions and oxidative stress in the isolated rabbit duodenum. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2011;103:396-401 pubmed..Trolox 4 mM decreased the effects of ethanol on ACh-induced contractions and on MDA+4-HDA concentrations. We conclude that Trolox might prevent oxidative stress induced by ethanol in the duodenum...
- Bolívar Y, Munuera P, Padillo J. Relationship between tightness of the posterior muscles of the lower limb and plantar fasciitis. Foot Ankle Int. 2013;34:42-8 pubmed publisher..Level III, case control study. ..
- Cruz Díaz D, Bergamin M, Gobbo S, Martinez Amat A, Hita Contreras F. Comparative effects of 12 weeks of equipment based and mat Pilates in patients with Chronic Low Back Pain on pain, function and transversus abdominis activation. A randomized controlled trial. Complement Ther Med. 2017;33:72-77 pubmed publisher..Significant differences were observed after 12 weeks of intervention in PMG and PAG with faster improvement in PAG suggesting that, feedback provided by equipment could help in the interiorization of Pilates principles. ..
- Santana Mora U, Cudeiro J, Mora Bermudez M, Rilo Pousa B, Ferreira Pinho J, Otero Cepeda J, et al. Changes in EMG activity during clenching in chronic pain patients with unilateral temporomandibular disorders. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2009;19:e543-9 pubmed publisher..The asymmetry index (SAI) may be a useful measure in discriminating patients with right vs. left-sided TMD. ..
- Diaz M. Application of Fourier linear spectral analyses to the characterization of smooth muscle contractile signals. J Biochem Biophys Methods. 2007;70:803-8 pubmed
- Marrero Alonso J, García Marrero B, Gómez T, Diaz M. Functional inhibition of intestinal and uterine muscles by non-permeant triphenylethylene derivatives. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;532:115-27 pubmed..Our experiments suggest that impermeant tamoxifen derivatives relax visceral smooth muscle through a membrane-mediated non-genomic mechanism that involves inhibition of L-type calcium channels. ..
- Cortijo J, Sanz C, Perpina M, Ortiz J, Orón J, Esplugues J, et al. Responses to histamine and selective H2-receptor agonists in lung parenchymal strips from normal and sensitized guinea-pigs. Agents Actions. 1989;28:45-52 pubmed..Hyperreactivity to histamine is probably due to differences between normal and sensitized tissues with respect to Ca2+ entry and/or intracellular Ca2+ release in response to H1-receptor activation...
- Aulí M, Nasser Y, Ho W, Burgueño J, Keenan C, Romero C, et al. Neuromuscular changes in a rat model of colitis. Auton Neurosci. 2008;141:10-21 pubmed publisher..T. spiralis-induced colitis causes profound neuromuscular adaptations. The reduction in NOS neurons appears to underlie changes in motility. ..
- Esplugues J, Rocha M, Nunez C, Bosca I, Ibiza S, Herance J, et al. Complex I dysfunction and tolerance to nitroglycerin: an approach based on mitochondrial-targeted antioxidants. Circ Res. 2006;99:1067-75 pubmed..Our data also suggest a role for mitochondrial-targeted antioxidants as therapeutic tools in the control of the tolerance that accompanies chronic nitrate use...
- Garcia Manso J, Rodriguez Ruiz D, Rodriguez Matoso D, De Saa Y, Sarmiento S, Quiroga M. Assessment of muscle fatigue after an ultra-endurance triathlon using tensiomyography (TMG). J Sports Sci. 2011;29:619-25 pubmed publisher..These modifications, derived from a prolonged, exhausting effort, can be assessed in a simple, non-aggressive, non-invasive way using tensiomyography. ..
- Fernandes V, Martínez Saénz A, Recio P, Ribeiro A, Sanchez A, Martínez M, et al. Mechanisms involved in the nitric oxide-induced vasorelaxation in porcine prostatic small arteries. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2011;384:245-53 pubmed publisher..NO produces relaxation through soluble guanylyl cyclase activation-dependent BK(Ca) channel opening and through guanylyl cyclase-independent mechanisms. The vasodilatation elicited by NO could be useful to prevent prostatic ischemia...
- Canto C, Chibalin A, Barnes B, Glund S, Suarez E, Ryder J, et al. Neuregulins mediate calcium-induced glucose transport during muscle contraction. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21690-7 pubmed..In conclusion, we provide evidence that contraction-induced activation of neuregulin receptors is necessary for the stimulation of glucose transport and a key element of energetic metabolism during muscle contraction. ..
- Alvarez Arenal A, Junquera L, Fernandez J, Gonzalez I, Olay S. Effect of occlusal splint and transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation on the signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders in patients with bruxism. J Oral Rehabil. 2002;29:858-63 pubmed..71). Clicking and pain in the lateral pterygoid muscle were the most frequent clinical manifestations. The occlusal splint and TENS did not significantly improve the signs and symptoms of TMD in these patients with bruxism. ..
- Santalla A, Earnest C, Marroyo J, Lucia A. The Tour de France: an updated physiological review. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2012;7:200-9 pubmed..The purpose of this brief review is to summarize what is currently known of the physiological demands of the Tour de France, as well as of the main physiological profile of Tour de France competitors. ..
- Sancho Bru J, Perez Gonzalez A, Vergara Monedero M, Giurintano D. A 3-D dynamic model of human finger for studying free movements. J Biomech. 2001;34:1491-500 pubmed
- Pubill D, Canudas A, Pallas M, Sureda F, Escubedo E, Camins A, et al. Assessment of the adrenergic effects of orphenadrine in rat vas deferens. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1999;51:307-12 pubmed..05+/-0.20 microM). It can be concluded that orphenadrine, at low micromolar concentrations, interacts with the noradrenaline reuptake system inhibiting its functionality and thus potentiating the effect of noradrenaline...
- Pallarés J, Martínez Abellán A, López Gullón J, Morán Navarro R, De la Cruz Sánchez E, Mora Rodriguez R. Muscle contraction velocity, strength and power output changes following different degrees of hypohydration in competitive olympic combat sports. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:10 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the advantage of competing in a lower weight category could compensate the declines in neuromuscular performance at the onset of competition, since 69 % of medal winners underwent marked hypohydration. ..
- Isla M, Costa G, Garcia Pascual A, Triguero D, Garcia Sacristan A. Intrinsic spontaneous activity and beta-adrenoceptor-mediated tubal dilatation affect ovum transport in the oviduct of the cow. J Reprod Fertil. 1989;85:79-87 pubmed