Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on multigene family in Japan
Topic: multigene family
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Yabana N, Yamamoto M. Schizosaccharomyces pombe map1+ encodes a MADS-box-family protein required for cell-type-specific gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3420-8 pubmed..On the basis of these observations, we speculate that Map1 may be a transcriptional regulator of cell-type-specific genes similar to S. cerevisiae MCM1, whose activity is modulated by the oil and alpha2 mating-type gene products. ..
- Kanazawa S, Ilic D, Hashiyama M, Okada M, Noumura T, Aizawa S, et al. Impaired development of CD4+ CD8+ thymoyctes by csk-'knock-in' into fyn locus. Oncogene. 1996;13:199-204 pubmed..The csk-'knock-in' mice displayed atrophy of the thymic cortex and impaired development of CD4+ CD8+ thymocytes. This was concomitant with decrease in tyrosine phosphorylation of ZAP-70 and p120cbl. ..
- Horie R, Ito K, Tatewaki M, Nagai M, Aizawa S, Higashihara M, et al. A variant CD30 protein lacking extracellular and transmembrane domains is induced in HL-60 by tetradecanoylphorbol acetate and is expressed in alveolar macrophages. Blood. 1996;88:2422-32 pubmed..These observations provided new insights into the molecular heterogeneity and biological function of CD30 in myeloid cells. ..
- Masuhara M, Sakamoto H, Matsumoto A, Suzuki R, Yasukawa H, Mitsui K, et al. Cloning and characterization of novel CIS family genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;239:439-46 pubmed..Although the physiological function remains to be investigated, CIS family genes could play a role in the negative regulation of cytokine signaling by interacting with specific targets. ..
- Kawabata S, Terao Y, Hamada S. Molecular cloning, sequence and characterization of a novel streptococcal phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase gene. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2000;15:58-62 pubmed..These findings indicate that the novel streptococcal phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase, SerA, is a member of a D-isomer-specific family of 2-hydroxyacid dehydrogenases. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human FMNL1, FMNL2 and FMNL3 genes in silico. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:1161-8 pubmed..FMNL1, FMNL2 and FMNL3 might be implicated in polarity control, invasion, migration, or metastasis through regulation of the Rho-related signaling pathway. ..
- Yamasaki M, Ikuto Y, Ohira A, Chater K, Kinashi H. Limited regions of homology between linear and circular plasmids encoding methylenomycin biosynthesis in two independently isolated streptomycetes. Microbiology. 2003;149:1351-6 pubmed..It is likely that the mmy gene cluster was horizontally transferred as a set together with the parAB region in the comparatively recent evolutionary past. ..
- Shikata M, Matsuda Y, Ando K, Nishii A, Takemura M, Yokota A, et al. Characterization of Arabidopsis ZIM, a member of a novel plant-specific GATA factor gene family. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:631-9 pubmed..Genes in ZIM-overexpressing plants were identified that were up-regulated in a tissue-specific manner, which suggests that transcriptional regulation by ZIM and its consequent effects are spatially controlled. ..
- Saito T, Otani S, Fujimoto T, Suzuki T, Nakatsuji T, Arai K, et al. The germ line lineage in ukigori, Gymnogobius species (Teleostei: Gobiidae) during embryonic development. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:1079-85 pubmed
- Noguchi T, Shinohara A, Nishizawa A, Asayama M, Nakano T, Hasegawa M, et al. Genetic analysis of the microcystin biosynthesis gene cluster in Microcystis strains from four bodies of eutrophic water in Japan. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2009;55:111-23 pubmed..Our study is the first investigation of the mcy gene cluster structure in the genus Microcystis from environmental samples. ..
- Sato H, Tanaka M, Takino T, Inoue M, Seiki M. Assignment of the human genes for membrane-type-1, -2, and -3 matrix metalloproteinases (MMP14, MMP15, and MMP16) to 14q12.2, 16q12.2-q21, and 8q21, respectively, by in situ hybridization. Genomics. 1997;39:412-3 pubmed
- Tanabe Y, Sano T, Kasai F, Watanabe M. Recombination, cryptic clades and neutral molecular divergence of the microcystin synthetase (mcy) genes of toxic cyanobacterium Microcystis aeruginosa. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:115 pubmed publisher..Population genetic analyses suggest that these two clades have primarily been maintained as a result of homology-dependent recombination and neutral genetic drift. ..
- Ota Y, Tamegai H, Kudo F, Kuriki H, Koike Takeshita A, Eguchi T, et al. Butirosin-biosynthetic gene cluster from Bacillus circulans. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2000;53:1158-67 pubmed..Therefore, the gene cluster found so far was determined to be a part of the butirosin biosynthetic gene cluster. Functions of some ORFs are also discussed in terms of butirosin biosynthesis on the basis of database search. ..
- Saito K, Su Z, Emi A, Mita K, Takeda M, Fujiwara Y. Cloning and expression analysis of takeout/JHBP family genes of silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Mol Biol. 2006;15:245-51 pubmed publisher..The Bombyx genes might have roles related to the regulation of metabolism, growth or development related to nutritional conditions...
- Kawasaki S, Arai H, Kodama T, Igarashi Y. Gene cluster for dissimilatory nitrite reductase (nir) from Pseudomonas aeruginosa: sequencing and identification of a locus for heme d1 biosynthesis. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:235-42 pubmed..The derived NirN protein shows 23.9% identity with nitrite reductase (NirS). Insertional mutation and complementation analyses showed that all of the nirFDLGHJE genes were necessary for the biosynthesis of heme d1. ..
- Yagita Y, Kitagawa K, Taguchi A, Ohtsuki T, Kuwabara K, Mabuchi T, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel member of the HSP110 family of genes, ischemia-responsive protein 94 kDa (irp94), expressed in rat brain after transient forebrain ischemia. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1544-51 pubmed..Our study suggested that irp94, a novel member of the HSP110 family, might play an important role in the environment altering neuronal functions, especially after transient forebrain ischemia. ..
- Setoguchi Y, Nakayama T. Nucleotide sequences of new members (H3-IV and H3-V) of the chicken H3 histone-encoding gene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:6327 pubmed
- Nakajima T, Matsubara K, Moore J, Murayama T, Matsuda M. Molecular cloning and characterisation of the methionine sulphoxide reductase A (msrA) gene locus in Campylobacter lari organisms. Br J Biomed Sci. 2013;70:135-43 pubmed..An immunoreactively positive signal was identified in the UPTC CF89-12 and NCTC12893 cells with anti-UPTC MsrA synthetic peptide antibodies...
- Higashijima S, Michiue T, Emori Y, Saigo K. Subtype determination of Drosophila embryonic external sensory organs by redundant homeo box genes BarH1 and BarH2. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1005-18 pubmed..In contrast, the overexpression of either BarH1 or BarH2 resulted in opposite morphological change. It would thus follow that BarH1 and BarH2 are a pair of redundant homeo box genes required for the subtype specification of es organs. ..
- Yoshioka H, Zhang H, Ramirez F, Mattei M, Moradi Ameli M, van der Rest M, et al. Synteny between the loci for a novel FACIT-like collagen locus (D6S228E) and alpha 1 (IX) collagen (COL9A1) on 6q12-q14 in humans. Genomics. 1992;13:884-6 pubmed..Interestingly, within this region of human chromosome 6 residues the alpha 1 (IX) collagen gene (COL9A1), a member of the FACIT group. ..
- Yamaki K, Gocho K, Hayakawa K, Kondo I, Sakuragi S. Tyrosinase family proteins are antigens specific to Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. J Immunol. 2000;165:7323-9 pubmed..We conclude that VKH disease is an autoimmune disease against the tyrosinase family proteins...
- Hayashita Y, Osada H, Tatematsu Y, Yamada H, Yanagisawa K, Tomida S, et al. A polycistronic microRNA cluster, miR-17-92, is overexpressed in human lung cancers and enhances cell proliferation. Cancer Res. 2005;65:9628-32 pubmed
- Shimanuki M, Kinoshita N, Ohkura H, Yoshida T, Toda T, Yanagida M. Isolation and characterization of the fission yeast protein phosphatase gene ppe1+ involved in cell shape control and mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 1993;4:303-13 pubmed..Consistent with this hypothesis, double mutants ppe1-ppa2 and ppe1-pck1 are lethal at the permissive temperature. ..
- Sugiura M, Hirose T, Sugita M. Evolution and mechanism of translation in chloroplasts. Annu Rev Genet. 1998;32:437-59 pubmed..Analyses conducted in vivo and in vitro have revealed the existence of multiple mechanisms for translational initiation in chloroplasts. ..
- Kuroki K, Eng F, Ishikawa T, Turck C, Harada F, Ganem D. gp180, a host cell glycoprotein that binds duck hepatitis B virus particles, is encoded by a member of the carboxypeptidase gene family. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15022-8 pubmed..Here we report the purification of gp180 from duck liver and the isolation and characterization of cDNA encoding it. DNA sequence analysis of this cDNA indicates that gp180 is a novel member of the basic carboxypeptidase gene family...
- Yamazaki M, Araki K, Shibata A, Mishina M. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the mouse glutamate receptor channel family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;183:886-92 pubmed..The delta 1 subunit shows 21-25% amino acid sequence identity with previously characterized rodent glutamate receptor channel subunits and thus may represent a new subfamily of the glutamate receptor channel. ..
- Bae S, Takahashi E, Zhang Y, Ogawa E, Shigesada K, Namba Y, et al. Cloning, mapping and expression of PEBP2 alpha C, a third gene encoding the mammalian Runt domain. Gene. 1995;159:245-8 pubmed..11-p36.13 in the human chromosome and encodes a 415-aa protein. PEBP2 alpha C forms a heterodimer with PEBP2 beta, binds to the PEBP2 site and transactivates transcription, similar to PEBP2 alpha A and PEBP2 alpha B. ..
- Yoshihara Y, Kawasaki M, Tani A, Tamada A, Nagata S, Kagamiyama H, et al. BIG-1: a new TAG-1/F3-related member of the immunoglobulin superfamily with neurite outgrowth-promoting activity. Neuron. 1994;13:415-26 pubmed..These results suggest that BIG-1 may be involved in the formation and maintenance of neuron type-specific networks in the brain. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human MPP7 gene and mouse Mpp7 gene in silico. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:333-8 pubmed..This is the first report on identification and characterization of human MPP7 and mouse Mpp7 genes. ..
- Ohta M, Ina K, Kusuzaki K, Kido N, Arakawa Y, Kato N. Cloning and expression of the rfe-rff gene cluster of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:1853-62 pubmed..When the 10.5 kb rff genes of the plasmid were inactivated by either deletion or Tn5 insertion, the plasmid lost its ability to give rise to transformants of the rfe mutants. ..
- Mukai H, Kuno T, Tanaka H, Hirata D, Miyakawa T, Tanaka C. Isolation and characterization of SSE1 and SSE2, new members of the yeast HSP70 multigene family. Gene. 1993;132:57-66 pubmed..Disruption of SSE1 results in slow-growing cells at any temperature. No phenotypic effects of the mutation in SSE2 were detected, and the growth property of the sse1sse2 double mutant was the same as that of the sse1 single mutant. ..
- Sato N, Tachikawa T, Wada A, Tanaka A. Temperature-dependent regulation of the ribosomal small-subunit protein S21 in the cyanobacterium Anabaena variabilis M3. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:7063-71 pubmed..These results suggest that S21 is involved in the adaptation to changes in temperature in cyanobacteria. ..
- Wada H, Ohno S, Kubo K, Taya C, Tsuji S, Yonehara S, et al. Cell type-specific expression of the genes for the protein kinase C family: down regulation of mRNAs for PKC alpha and nPKC epsilon upon in vitro differentiation of a mouse neuroblastoma cell line neuro 2a. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;165:533-8 pubmed..In a mouse neuroblast cell line, Neuro 2a, down modulation of mRNAs for both PKC alpha and nPKC epsilon was observed in association with in vitro differentiation. ..
- Kitayama H, Sugimoto Y, Matsuzaki T, Ikawa Y, Noda M. A ras-related gene with transformation suppressor activity. Cell. 1989;56:77-84 pubmed..Thus, the Krev-1 gene seems to play an important role(s) in a wide variety of tissues, and may be involved in the negative growth regulation of certain cell types. ..
- Katsuragawa Y, Yanagisawa M, Inoue A, Masaki T. Two distinct nonmuscle myosin-heavy-chain mRNAs are differentially expressed in various chicken tissues. Identification of a novel gene family of vertebrate non-sarcomeric myosin heavy chains. Eur J Biochem. 1989;184:611-6 pubmed
- Suga H, Kuma K, Iwabe N, Nikoh N, Ono K, Koyanagi M, et al. Intermittent divergence of the protein tyrosine kinase family during animal evolution. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:540-6 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the PTKs diverged intermittently, but not gradually, during animal evolution. ..
- Ozawa K, Seo M, Imamura T. A quantitative method for evaluation of FGF family and FGF receptor family gene expression by RT-PCR. Brain Res Brain Res Protoc. 1997;1:211-6 pubmed
- Nishimura M, Miki T, Yashima R, Yokoi N, Yano H, Sato Y, et al. Angiopoietin-3, a novel member of the angiopoietin family. FEBS Lett. 1999;448:254-6 pubmed..Ang3 mRNA expression in HUVECs was slightly decreased by vascular endothelial cell growth factor treatment, suggesting that the regulation of Ang3 mRNA expression is different from that of Ang2. ..
- Naka I, Nishida N, Patarapotikul J, Nuchnoi P, Tokunaga K, Hananantachai H, et al. Identification of a haplotype block in the 5q31 cytokine gene cluster associated with the susceptibility to severe malaria. Malar J. 2009;8:232 pubmed publisher..A haplotype block in which a primary polymorphism associated with severe malaria is likely to be encoded was identified in Thai malaria patients. ..
- Urano N, Kataoka M, Ishige T, Kita S, Sakamoto K, Shimizu S. Genetic analysis around aminoalcohol dehydrogenase gene of Rhodococcus erythropolis MAK154: a putative GntR transcription factor in transcriptional regulation. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;89:739-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OrfE is a negative regulator that represses aadh expression in the absence of 1-amino-2-propanol...
- Matsubara K, Ohnishi K, Kiritani K. Nucleotide sequences and characterization of liv genes encoding components of the high-affinity branched-chain amino acid transport system in Salmonella typhimurium. J Biochem. 1992;112:93-101 pubmed
- Osada S, Mizuno K, Saido T, Suzuki K, Kuroki T, Ohno S. A new member of the protein kinase C family, nPKC theta, predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3930-8 pubmed..These results clearly demonstrate that nPKC theta should be considered a member of the PKC family of proteins that play crucial roles in the signal transduction pathway. ..
- Fukuda M, Kojima T, Aruga J, Niinobe M, Mikoshiba K. Functional diversity of C2 domains of synaptotagmin family. Mutational analysis of inositol high polyphosphate binding domain. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26523-7 pubmed..These functional diversities of C2B domains suggest that not all synaptotagmins function as inositol high polyphosphate sensors at the synaptic vesicle. ..
- Sugimoto T, Saito M, Mochizuki S, Watanabe Y, Hashimoto S, Kawashima H. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a cDNA encoding the human V1b vasopressin receptor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27088-92 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed that the receptor expression is restricted to the pituitary. These data clearly indicate that the cloned cDNA encodes the V1b receptor. ..
- Mochizuki S, Hiratsu K, Suwa M, Ishii T, Sugino F, Yamada K, et al. The large linear plasmid pSLA2-L of Streptomyces rochei has an unusually condensed gene organization for secondary metabolism. Mol Microbiol. 2003;48:1501-10 pubmed
- Tatsuno S, Arakawa K, Kinashi H. Extensive mutational analysis of modular-iterative mixed polyketide biosynthesis of lankacidin in Streptomyces rochei. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:2712-9 pubmed
- Okada K. The biosynthesis of isoprenoids and the mechanisms regulating it in plants. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1219-25 pubmed
- Yoshida E, Sakurama H, Kiyohara M, Nakajima M, Kitaoka M, Ashida H, et al. Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis uses two different ?-galactosidases for selectively degrading type-1 and type-2 human milk oligosaccharides. Glycobiology. 2012;22:361-8 pubmed publisher..The predominance of type-1 chains in HMOs and the conservation of Bga42A homologs suggest the coevolution of these bifidobacteria with humans. ..
- Yabe N, Takahashi T, Komeda Y. Analysis of tissue-specific expression of Arabidopsis thaliana HSP90-family gene HSP81. Plant Cell Physiol. 1994;35:1207-19 pubmed..Only a slight response to IAA was observed in HSP81-1 mRNA accumulation at 22 degrees C; the increase was possibly caused by a novel pathway other than heat-shock-response pathway. ..
- Shibata F, Takagi Y, Kitajima M, Kuroda T, Omura T. Molecular cloning and characterization of a human carboxylesterase gene. Genomics. 1993;17:76-82 pubmed..Thus the results supported the conclusion that these esterases evolved from a common ancestral gene. ..
- Nagase T, Nomura N, Ishii S. Complex formation between proteins encoded by the ski gene family. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:13710-6 pubmed..Thus, Ski and SnoN have the capacity to associate with other proteins, and a complex formation of c-Ski with itself, SnoN, and uncharacterized proteins might play a key role in the function of Ski. ..
- Hamano Y, Dairi T, Yamamoto M, Kawasaki T, Kaneda K, Kuzuyama T, et al. Cloning of a gene cluster encoding enzymes responsible for the mevalonate pathway from a terpenoid-antibiotic-producing Streptomyces strain. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:1627-35 pubmed..coli. Among them, the recombinant GGDPS, MK, and IPP isomerase were confirmed to have the expected activities. This is the first report, to the best of our knowledge, about eubacterial MK with direct evidence. ..
- Tominaga M, Lee Y, Hayashi R, Suzuki Y, Yamada O, Sakamoto K, et al. Molecular analysis of an inactive aflatoxin biosynthesis gene cluster in Aspergillus oryzae RIB strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:484-90 pubmed..aflR was not detected in group 2 strains by Southern analysis. ..
- Ueguchi C, Ito K. Multicopy suppression: an approach to understanding intracellular functioning of the protein export system. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1454-61 pubmed..Possible mechanisms of suppression as well as the significance and limitations of the multicopy suppression approach are discussed. ..
- Nakaji T, Kataoka T, Watabe K, Nishiyama K, Nojima H, Shimada Y, et al. A new member of the GTPase superfamily that is upregulated in highly metastatic cells. Cancer Lett. 1999;147:139-47 pubmed..TIB929 was mapped on mouse chromosome 4D, syntenic to human chromosome 1p. The results suggested an involvement of TIB929 in malignant progression. ..
- Chung J, Fujii I, Harada S, Sankawa U, Ebizuka Y. Expression, purification, and characterization of AknX anthrone oxygenase, which is involved in aklavinone biosynthesis in Streptomyces galilaeus. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:6115-22 pubmed..A possible mechanism for the reaction via peroxy anion intermediate is proposed. ..
- Reza H, Urano A, Shimada N, Yasuda K. Sequential and combinatorial roles of maf family genes define proper lens development. Mol Vis. 2007;13:18-30 pubmed..In addition, L-Maf positively regulates most of the essential genes in this program and directs a series of molecular events leading to proper formation of the lens. ..
- Kiyota T, Hamada R, Sakamoto K, Iwashita K, Yamada O, Mikami S. Aflatoxin non-productivity of Aspergillus oryzae caused by loss of function in the aflJ gene product. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011;111:512-7 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the amino-acid substitutions in AFLJ of A. oryzae induce inactivation at the protein level...
- Fujii T, Shimizu M, Doi Y, Fujita T, Ito T, Miura D, et al. Novel fungal phenylpyruvate reductase belongs to d-isomer-specific 2-hydroxyacid dehydrogenase family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1669-76 pubmed publisher..The fungus efficiently converted phenylalanine and phenylpyruvate to d-PLA. These compounds up-regulated the transcription of pprA, suggesting that it plays a role in fungal phenylalanine metabolism. ..
- Tagawa M, Shirasawa T, Fujimura S, Sakiyama S. Expression of protein tyrosine phosphatase genes in the developing brain of mouse and rat. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1994;33:1221-7 pubmed..Since they retain conserved phosphatase sequences, they may represent a family of protein tyrosine phosphatase gene that is commonly expressed in rodent brain. ..
- Ueda T, Sakamaki K, Kuroki T, Yano I, Nagata S. Molecular cloning and characterization of the chromosomal gene for human lactoperoxidase. Eur J Biochem. 1997;243:32-41 pubmed..On the other hand, the nucleotide sequences of the 5' promoter regions of these peroxidase genes exhibit no similarity among them, which agrees with their tissue-specific expression. ..
- Kinoshita M, Kumar S, Mizoguchi A, Ide C, Kinoshita A, Haraguchi T, et al. Nedd5, a mammalian septin, is a novel cytoskeletal component interacting with actin-based structures. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1535-47 pubmed
- Mukaihara T, Tamura N, Murata Y, Iwabuchi M. Genetic screening of Hrp type III-related pathogenicity genes controlled by the HrpB transcriptional activator in Ralstonia solanacearum. Mol Microbiol. 2004;54:863-75 pubmed publisher..We show that a hpaB null mutant still produces Hrp pili on the cell surface although it shows a typical Hrp-defective phenotype on plants...
- Katoh Y, Katoh M. FGF signaling inhibitor, SPRY4, is evolutionarily conserved target of WNT signaling pathway in progenitor cells. Int J Mol Med. 2006;17:529-32 pubmed..Epigenetic silencing and loss-of-function mutations of SPRY4 gene in progenitor cells could lead to carcinogenesis. SPRY4 is the pharmacogenomics target in the fields of oncology and regenerative medicine. ..
- Eguchi Ogawa T, Morozumi T, Tanaka M, Shinkai H, Okumura N, Suzuki K, et al. Analysis of the genomic structure of the porcine CD1 gene cluster. Genomics. 2007;89:248-61 pubmed..This analysis of the genomic sequence of the porcine CD1 family will contribute to our understanding of the evolution of mammalian CD1 genes. ..
- Kinashi H. Giant linear plasmids in Streptomyces: a treasure trove of antibiotic biosynthetic clusters. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2011;64:19-25 pubmed publisher..A hypothesis on horizontal transfer of secondary metabolism involving giant linear plasmids is proposed at the end. ..
- Sun Y, Tomura T, Sato J, Iizuka T, Fudou R, Ojika M. Isolation and Biosynthetic Analysis of Haliamide, a New PKS-NRPS Hybrid Metabolite from the Marine Myxobacterium Haliangium ochraceum. Molecules. 2016;21:59 pubmed publisher..The sulfotransferase (ST)-thioesterase (TE) domains encoded in hlaB appears to be responsible for the terminal alkene formation via decarboxylation. ..
- Sakoyama Y, Mizuta I, Ogasawara N, Yoshikawa H. Cloning of rat homeobox genes. Biochem Genet. 1994;32:351-60 pubmed..This His residue is not found in any of the previously published mammalian homeodomain sequences except mouse IPF1. ..
- Moriya H, Kasai H, Isono K. Cloning and characterization of the hrpA gene in the terC region of Escherichia coli that is highly similar to the DEAH family RNA helicase genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:595-8 pubmed..The C-terminal region of the hrpA gene product seems to contain an RNA binding motif weakly resembling that of ribosomal protein S1 of E.coli. Disruption of the hrpA gene suggested that it is not essential for the growth of E.coli. ..
- Kondo H, Ino M, Suzuki A, Ishizaki H, Iwami M. Multiple gene copies for bombyxin, an insulin-related peptide of the silkmoth Bombyx mori: structural signs for gene rearrangement and duplication responsible for generation of multiple molecular forms of bombyxin. J Mol Biol. 1996;259:926-37 pubmed publisher..Duplications may have served to multiply the bombyxin gene triplets. These genomic rearrangements are thought to have led to the generation of multiple bombyxin gene copies and their diversity in structure and genomic organization...
- Shiratsuchi T, Nishimori H, Ichise H, Nakamura Y, Tokino T. Cloning and characterization of BAI2 and BAI3, novel genes homologous to brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 (BAI1). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;79:103-8 pubmed..These data suggest that members of this novel gene family may play important roles in suppression of glioblastoma. BAI1, BAI2 and BAI3 were mapped to 8q24, 1p35 and 6q12, respectively. ..
- Ogoshi M, Inoue K, Naruse K, Takei Y. Evolutionary history of the calcitonin gene-related peptide family in vertebrates revealed by comparative genomic analyses. Peptides. 2006;27:3154-64 pubmed..Based on these data, we identified a novel AM5 gene in several mammalian species as we previously did for AM2. ..
- Nishizawa A, Arshad A, Nishizawa T, Asayama M, Fujii K, Nakano T, et al. Cloning and characterization of a new hetero-gene cluster of nonribosomal peptide synthetase and polyketide synthase from the cyanobacterium Microcystis aeruginosa K-139. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2007;53:17-27 pubmed..aeruginosa K-139. The above-mentioned results indicated that M. aeruginosa possesses at least five nonribosomal peptide synthetase gene clusters. ..
- Shima Y, Shiina M, Shinozawa T, Ito Y, Nakajima H, Adachi Y, et al. Participation in aflatoxin biosynthesis by a reductase enzyme encoded by vrdA gene outside the aflatoxin gene cluster. Fungal Genet Biol. 2009;46:221-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the vrdA is not an aflatoxin biosynthesis gene, although it actually participates in aflatoxin biosynthesis in cells. ..
- Mitsui H, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K, Nishikawa K, Takahashi H. Identification of a gene family (kat) encoding kinesin-like proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana and the characterization of secondary structure of KatA. Mol Gen Genet. 1993;238:362-8 pubmed..The predicted secondary structure of the KatA protein indicates two globular domains separated by a long alpha helical coiled coil with heptad repeat structures, such as are commonly found in kinesin-like proteins. ..
- Onda H, Ohkubo S, Shintani Y, Ogi K, Kikuchi K, Tanaka H, et al. A novel secreted tumor antigen with a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored structure ubiquitously expressed in human cancers. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:235-43 pubmed..Mutational analysis of ALCAN suggested that the GPI-anchored position was the Ser(216) residue. These findings indicate that ALCAN may be a potential target for cancer diagnosis or therapy. ..
- Suzuki T, Yoshimura H, Ehira S, Ikeuchi M, Ohmori M. AnCrpA, a cAMP receptor protein, regulates nif-related gene expression in the cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120 grown with nitrate. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:21-8 pubmed..Thus, AnCrpA regulates the expressions of gene clusters related to nitrogen fixation in the presence of nitrate. ..
- Sharoni A, Nuruzzaman M, Satoh K, Shimizu T, Kondoh H, Sasaya T, et al. Gene structures, classification and expression models of the AP2/EREBP transcription factor family in rice. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:344-60 pubmed publisher..We further examined the stress responsiveness of most genes by reverse transcription-PCR. The study results should be useful in selecting candidate genes from specific subgroups for functional analysis. ..
- Nishizawa T, Ueda A, Nakano T, Nishizawa A, Miura T, Asayama M, et al. Characterization of the locus of genes encoding enzymes producing heptadepsipeptide micropeptin in the unicellular cyanobacterium Microcystis. J Biochem. 2011;149:475-85 pubmed publisher..Finally, a comparative bioinformatics analysis of the congenial gene cluster for depsipetide biosynthesis suggested the diversification and propagation of the NRPS genes in cyanobacteria. ..
- Minami Y, Kono T, Miyazaki T, Taniguchi T. The IL-2 receptor complex: its structure, function, and target genes. Annu Rev Immunol. 1993;11:245-68 pubmed..Another pathway leads to c-myc gene induction by an as yet unknown mechanism. We discuss the complex signalling machinery that links the cell surface receptor to the nuclear events. ..
- Wang X, Nakayama K, Shimma Y, Tanaka A, Jigami Y. MNN6, a member of the KRE2/MNT1 family, is the gene for mannosylphosphate transfer in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18117-24 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Yamamuro N, Stumpe S, Unemoto T, Bakker E. Cloning of the trkAH gene cluster and characterization of the Trk K(+)-uptake system of Vibrio alginolyticus. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 8):2281-9 pubmed publisher..Measurements of net K(+)-uptake rates indicated that the presence of these genes in E. coli renders the Trk systems independent of products from the E. coli sapABCDF (trkE) operon...
- Sawada H, Kanaya S, Tsuda M, Suzuki F, Azegami K, Saitou N. A phylogenomic study of the OCTase genes in Pseudomonas syringae pathovars: the horizontal transfer of the argK-tox cluster and the evolutionary history of OCTase genes on their genomes. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:437-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, the horizontal gene transfer and the genomic rearrangement were proven to have played an important role in the pathogenic differentiation and diversification of P. syringae...
- Hosono K, Noda S, Shimizu A, Nakanishi N, Ohtsubo M, Shimizu N, et al. YPEL5 protein of the YPEL gene family is involved in the cell cycle progression by interacting with two distinct proteins RanBPM and RanBP10. Genomics. 2010;96:102-11 pubmed publisher..Comparative genomic analysis allowed us to define a new gene family consisting of RanBPM and RanBP10, named Scorpin, providing a basis to better understand how they interact with YPEL5...
- Dehara Y, Hashiguchi Y, Matsubara K, Yanai T, Kubo M, Kumazawa Y. Characterization of squamate olfactory receptor genes and their transcripts by the high-throughput sequencing approach. Genome Biol Evol. 2012;4:602-16 pubmed publisher..The approach will facilitate efficient and parallel characterization of considerable unbiased proportions of multigene family members and their transcripts from nonmodel organisms...
- Kudo N, Kimura M, Beppu T, Horinouchi S. Cloning and characterization of a gene involved in aerial mycelium formation in Streptomyces griseus. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:6401-10 pubmed..Introduction of the amfC gene of S. coelicolor A3(2) into strain HH1 induced aerial mycelium formation and sporulation, which suggests that both play the same functional role in morphogenesis in the strains. ..
- Takada F, Takayama Y, Hatsuse H, Kawakami M. A new member of the C1s family of complement proteins found in a bactericidal factor, Ra-reactive factor, in human serum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;196:1003-9 pubmed..The characteristic nodules and domain of C1r and C1s were highly conserved in this protein. This indicates that the P100, together with the C1r and C1s, forms a unique protein family having the same module/domain constitution. ..
- Matsushita T, Yamaoka T, Otsuka S, Moritani M, Matsumoto T, Itakura M. Molecular cloning of mouse paired-box-containing gene (Pax)-4 from an islet beta cell line and deduced sequence of human Pax-4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;242:176-80 pubmed
- Takumi T, Matsubara C, Shigeyoshi Y, Taguchi K, Yagita K, Maebayashi Y, et al. A new mammalian period gene predominantly expressed in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Genes Cells. 1998;3:167-76 pubmed..Mammalian period genes show molecular heterogeneity, each of which is composed of a different oscillator, and may serve to establish stable circadian rhythms in mammalian oscillating cells. ..