Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mrna cleavage and polyadenylation factors in Switzerland
Topic: mrna cleavage and polyadenylation factors
- Sadowski M, Dichtl B, Hubner W, Keller W. Independent functions of yeast Pcf11p in pre-mRNA 3' end processing and in transcription termination. EMBO J. 2003;22:2167-77 pubmed..We conclude that Pcf11p is a bifunctional protein and that transcript cleavage is not an obligatory step prior to RNAP II termination. ..
- Dichtl B, Blank D, Ohnacker M, Friedlein A, Roeder D, Langen H, et al. A role for SSU72 in balancing RNA polymerase II transcription elongation and termination. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1139-50 pubmed..The sum of our analyses suggests a negative influence of Ssu72p on RNAP II during transcription that affects the commitment to either elongation or termination. ..
- Dichtl B, Blank D, Sadowski M, Hubner W, Weiser S, Keller W. Yhh1p/Cft1p directly links poly(A) site recognition and RNA polymerase II transcription termination. EMBO J. 2002;21:4125-35 pubmed..We propose that direct interactions of Yhh1p/Cft1p with both the RNA transcript and the CTD are required to communicate poly(A) site recognition to elongating pol II to initiate transcription termination. ..
- Barabino S, Hubner W, Jenny A, Minvielle Sebastia L, Keller W. The 30-kD subunit of mammalian cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor and its yeast homolog are RNA-binding zinc finger proteins. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1703-16 pubmed..Efficient polyadenylation activity can be restored by the addition of purified polyadenylation factor I (PF I). We demonstrate that Yth1p is a component of PF I that interacts in vivo and in vitro with Fip1p, a known PF I subunit. ..
- Martin F, Schaller A, Eglite S, Schumperli D, Muller B. The gene for histone RNA hairpin binding protein is located on human chromosome 4 and encodes a novel type of RNA binding protein. EMBO J. 1997;16:769-78 pubmed..In addition, recombinant HBP expressed in S. cerevisiae was functional in histone pre-mRNA processing, confirming that we have indeed identified the human HBP gene. ..
- Jenny A, Hauri H, Keller W. Characterization of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor and cloning of its 100-kilodalton subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:8183-90 pubmed..Immunofluorescent detection of CPSF in HeLa cells localized it in the nucleoplasm, excluding cytoplasm and nucleolar structures. ..
- Preker P, Lingner J, Minvielle Sebastia L, Keller W. The FIP1 gene encodes a component of a yeast pre-mRNA polyadenylation factor that directly interacts with poly(A) polymerase. Cell. 1995;81:379-89 pubmed..We propose a model in which PF I tethers PAP1 to CF I, thereby conferring specificity to poly(A) polymerase for pre-mRNA substrates. ..
- Jenny A, Keller W. Cloning of cDNAs encoding the 160 kDa subunit of the bovine cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:2629-35 pubmed..The sequence contains a possible nuclear localisation signal but none of the known RNA binding motifs. It does, however, show sequence similarities to a UV-damaged DNA binding protein (UVdDb). ..
- Preker P, Ohnacker M, Minvielle Sebastia L, Keller W. A multisubunit 3' end processing factor from yeast containing poly(A) polymerase and homologues of the subunits of mammalian cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor. EMBO J. 1997;16:4727-37 pubmed..PF I also appears to be functionally related to CPSF, as it polyadenylates a substrate RNA more efficiently than Pap1p alone. Possibly, the observed interaction of the complex with RNA tethers Pap1p to its substrate. ..
- Keller W, Bienroth S, Lang K, Christofori G. Cleavage and polyadenylation factor CPF specifically interacts with the pre-mRNA 3' processing signal AAUAAA. EMBO J. 1991;10:4241-9 pubmed..The entire hexamer signal is involved in binding of CPF since modification of any of its bases interferes with complex formation. ..
- Barabino S, Ohnacker M, Keller W. Distinct roles of two Yth1p domains in 3'-end cleavage and polyadenylation of yeast pre-mRNAs. EMBO J. 2000;19:3778-87 pubmed..Finally, we find that Yth1p binds to CYC1 pre-mRNA in the vicinity of the cleavage site. Our results indicate that Yth1p is important for the integrity of CPF and participates in the recognition of the cleavage site. ..
- Jenny A, Minvielle Sebastia L, Preker P, Keller W. Sequence similarity between the 73-kilodalton protein of mammalian CPSF and a subunit of yeast polyadenylation factor I. Science. 1996;274:1514-7 pubmed..This finding was unexpected because in contrast to CPSF, PFI is only required for the polyadenylation reaction. These results contribute to the understanding of how 3'-end processing factors may have evolved. ..
- Rüegsegger U, Beyer K, Keller W. Purification and characterization of human cleavage factor Im involved in the 3' end processing of messenger RNA precursors. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6107-13 pubmed..Furthermore, the CstF-CPSF-RNA as well as the CstF-CPSF-PAP-RNA complex are supershifted and stabilized upon the addition of CF Im. ..
- Bienroth S, Keller W, Wahle E. Assembly of a processive messenger RNA polyadenylation complex. EMBO J. 1993;12:585-94 pubmed..Only the complex formed from all three proteins is competent for the processive synthesis of a full-length poly(A) tail. ..
- Dichtl B, Aasland R, Keller W. Functions for S. cerevisiae Swd2p in 3' end formation of specific mRNAs and snoRNAs and global histone 3 lysine 4 methylation. RNA. 2004;10:965-77 pubmed..We also provide evidence that the roles of Swd2p as component of CPF and SET1C are functionally independent. Taken together, our results establish a dual requirement for Swd2p in 3' end formation and histone tail modification. ..
- Minvielle Sebastia L, Preker P, Keller W. RNA14 and RNA15 proteins as components of a yeast pre-mRNA 3'-end processing factor. Science. 1994;266:1702-5 pubmed..Biochemical complementation experiments and reconstitution of both activities with partially purified cleavage factor I (CF I) validated the genetic prediction. ..
- Ruepp M, Vivarelli S, Pillai R, Kleinschmidt N, Azzouz T, Barabino S, et al. The 68 kDa subunit of mammalian cleavage factor I interacts with the U7 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein and participates in 3'-end processing of animal histone mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:7637-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, immunoprecipitation of CF I(m)68 results in a strong enrichment of histone pre-mRNAs. In contrast, the small CF I(m) subunit, CF I(m)25, does not appear to be involved in histone RNA processing. ..
- Ruepp M, Schweingruber C, Kleinschmidt N, Schumperli D. Interactions of CstF-64, CstF-77, and symplekin: implications on localisation and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:91-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interactions between CstF-64/CstF-64Tau and CstF-77 are important for the maintenance of stoichiometric nuclear levels of the CstF complex components and for their intracellular localization, stability, and function. ..