Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on morphogenesis in United States
Locale: United States
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Wayman G, Walters M, Kolibaba K, Soderling T, Christian J. CaM kinase IV regulates lineage commitment and survival of erythroid progenitors in a non-cell-autonomous manner. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:811-24 pubmed
- Brendza R, Serbus L, Saxton W, Duffy J. Posterior localization of dynein and dorsal-ventral axis formation depend on kinesin in Drosophila oocytes. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1541-5 pubmed..Alternatively, kinesin I may facilitate cytoplasmic dynein-based anterodorsal forces by repositioning dynein toward microtubule plus ends. ..
- Chouinard S, Kaufman T. Control of expression of the homeotic labial (lab) locus of Drosophila melanogaster: evidence for both positive and negative autogenous regulation. Development. 1991;113:1267-80 pubmed..We discuss the biological implications of these results in relation to the role of lab in development. ..
- Friedman L, Santa Anna Arriola S, Hodgkin J, Kimble J. gon-4, a cell lineage regulator required for gonadogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2000;228:350-62 pubmed..We conclude that gon-4 is a regulator of the early lineage of Z1 and Z4 and suggest that it is a part of a genetic program common to the regulation of both hermaphrodite and male gonadogenesis. ..
- Luo R, An M, Arduini B, Henion P. Specific pan-neural crest expression of zebrafish Crestin throughout embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2001;220:169-74 pubmed..Expression of crestin is gradually downregulated in overtly differentiated cells. Our results indicate that crestin is a specific pan-neural crest marker throughout zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Ghatak S, Misra S, Toole B. Hyaluronan constitutively regulates ErbB2 phosphorylation and signaling complex formation in carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8875-83 pubmed..Stimulation of hyaluronan production in MCF-7 cells induces assembly of this complex. We conclude that hyaluronan regulates ErbB2 activity and its interactions with other signaling factors in carcinoma cells. ..
- Fu Y, Gu Y, Zheng Z, Wasteneys G, Yang Z. Arabidopsis interdigitating cell growth requires two antagonistic pathways with opposing action on cell morphogenesis. Cell. 2005;120:687-700 pubmed..We propose that the counteractivity of these two pathways demarcates outgrowing and indenting cortical domains, coordinating a process that gives rise to interdigitations between adjacent pavement cells. ..
- DeMason D. Auxin-cytokinin and auxin-gibberellin interactions during morphogenesis of the compound leaves of pea (Pisum sativum). Planta. 2005;222:151-66 pubmed..These results show that both auxin and GA play similar and significant roles in pea leaf development. Pea leaf morphogenesis might involve auxin regulation of GA biosynthesis and GA regulation of Uni expression. ..
- Harfe B, McManus M, Mansfield J, Hornstein E, Tabin C. The RNaseIII enzyme Dicer is required for morphogenesis but not patterning of the vertebrate limb. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10898-903 pubmed..Thus, Dicer is required for the formation of normal mouse limbs. Strikingly, however, we did not detect defects in basic patterning or in tissue-specific differentiation of Dicer-deficient limb buds. ..
- Freitas R, Zhang G, Albert J, Evans D, Cohn M. Developmental origin of shark electrosensory organs. Evol Dev. 2006;8:74-80 pubmed..These results suggest that Eph-Ephrin signaling may establish an early molecular map for neural crest migration, axon guidance and placodal morphogenesis during development of the shark electrosensory system...
- Kieserman E, Wallingford J. In vivo imaging reveals a role for Cdc42 in spindle positioning and planar orientation of cell divisions during vertebrate neural tube closure. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2481-90 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new insights into the coordination of cell division and morphogenesis in epithelial cell sheets and reveal novel, cell-type-specific roles for Cdc42 in spindle positioning and spindle orientation. ..
- Harding M, Nechiporuk A. Fgfr-Ras-MAPK signaling is required for apical constriction via apical positioning of Rho-associated kinase during mechanosensory organ formation. Development. 2012;139:3130-5 pubmed publisher..This mechanism presents a novel cellular strategy for driving cell shape changes. ..
- Gauger K, Shimono A, Crisi G, Schneider S. Loss of SFRP1 promotes ductal branching in the murine mammary gland. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:25 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that SFRP1 gene is critical for maintaining proper mammary gland development, and that reduced levels of SFRP1 results in hyperplastic lesions and its loss may be a critical event in cancer initiation. ..
- Monteiro A, Chen B, Ramos D, Oliver J, Tong X, Guo M, et al. Distal-less regulates eyespot patterns and melanization in Bicyclus butterflies. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2013;320:321-31 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Dll is a positive regulator of focal differentiation and eyespot signaling and that this gene is also a possible selector gene for scale melanization in butterflies. ..
- Gissendanner C, Kelley T. The C. elegans gene pan-1 encodes novel transmembrane and cytoplasmic leucine-rich repeat proteins and promotes molting and the larva to adult transition. BMC Dev Biol. 2013;13:21 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that the activity of PAN-1 is complex with diverse roles in the regulation of animal development. ..
- Cui Y, Brown J, Moon R, Christian J. Xwnt-8b: a maternally expressed Xenopus Wnt gene with a potential role in establishing the dorsoventral axis. Development. 1995;121:2177-86 pubmed
- Costa M, Raich W, Agbunag C, Leung B, Hardin J, Priess J. A putative catenin-cadherin system mediates morphogenesis of the Caenorhabditis elegans embryo. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:297-308 pubmed..This putative catenin-cadherin system is not essential for general cell adhesion in the C. elegans embryo, but rather mediates specific aspects of morphogenetic cell shape change and cytoskeletal organization. ..
- Komada M, Soriano P. Hrs, a FYVE finger protein localized to early endosomes, is implicated in vesicular traffic and required for ventral folding morphogenesis. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1475-85 pubmed..The vesicular localization of Hrs was disrupted in cells treated with wortmannin, implicating Hrs in the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway of membrane trafficking. ..
- Koushik S, Wang J, Rogers R, Moskophidis D, Lambert N, Creazzo T, et al. Targeted inactivation of the sodium-calcium exchanger (Ncx1) results in the lack of a heartbeat and abnormal myofibrillar organization. FASEB J. 2001;15:1209-11 pubmed
- Henry C, Crawford B, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Cooper M, Hille M. Roles for zebrafish focal adhesion kinase in notochord and somite morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2001;240:474-87 pubmed..Our results suggest that Fak plays a central role in notochord and somite morphogenesis. ..
- Cai J, St Amand T, Yin H, Guo H, Li G, Zhang Y, et al. Expression and regulation of the chicken Nkx-6.2 homeobox gene suggest its possible involvement in the ventral neural patterning and cell fate specification. Dev Dyn. 1999;216:459-68 pubmed..2 transcription factor: participating in the Shh-initiated ventral patterning during early CNS development and controlling cell fate specification and differentiation during late development. ..
- McPherson D, Kim H, Hahn M, Wang R, Grabowski P, Eichenberger P, et al. Characterization of the Bacillus subtilis spore morphogenetic coat protein CotO. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:8278-90 pubmed publisher..We further speculate that an important role of these proteins is ensuring that polymerization of the outer coat layers occurs in such a manner that contiguous shells, and not unproductive aggregates, are formed...
- O Rourke J, Georges S, Seay H, Tapscott S, McManus M, Goldhamer D, et al. Essential role for Dicer during skeletal muscle development. Dev Biol. 2007;311:359-68 pubmed..These observations demonstrate key roles for Dicer in skeletal muscle and implicate miRNAs as critical components required for embryonic myogenesis. ..
- Vezina C, Allgeier S, Fritz W, Moore R, Strerath M, Bushman W, et al. Retinoic acid induces prostatic bud formation. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1321-33 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that reciprocal changes in hedgehog and BMP signaling by RA may regulate bud initiation. ..
- Stefanov E, Ferrage J, Parchim N, Lee C, Reginelli A, Taché M, et al. Modification of the zone of polarizing activity signal by trypsin. Dev Growth Differ. 2009;51:123-33 pubmed publisher..These effects appear to be mediated by the induction of Shh in host tissues and by ectopic AER formation, implicating the extracellular matrix in regulating the signaling activities of key patterning genes in the limb. ..
- Chahda J, Sousa Neves R, Mizutani C. Variation in the dorsal gradient distribution is a source for modified scaling of germ layers in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2013;23:710-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that variation in mesodermal size occurs at a fast evolutionary rate and is an important mechanism to define the ventral boundary of the neuroectoderm...
- Clay M, Halloran M. Cadherin 6 promotes neural crest cell detachment via F-actin regulation and influences active Rho distribution during epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Development. 2014;141:2506-15 pubmed publisher..Our results also identify mechanisms by which an upregulated cadherin can generate cell motility during EMT. ..
- Shen H, Zhu L, Bu Q, Huq E. MAX2 affects multiple hormones to promote photomorphogenesis. Mol Plant. 2012;5:750-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that MAX2 modulates multiple hormone pathways to affect photomorphogenesis. ..
- Skeath J, Carroll S. Regulation of proneural gene expression and cell fate during neuroblast segregation in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 1992;114:939-46 pubmed..It appears that one key function of the neurogenic genes is to silence proneural gene expression within the nonsegregating cells of the initial ectodermal clusters, thereby permitting epidermal development. ..
- Zimmerman K, Shih J, Bars J, Collazo A, Anderson D. XASH-3, a novel Xenopus achaete-scute homolog, provides an early marker of planar neural induction and position along the mediolateral axis of the neural plate. Development. 1993;119:221-32 pubmed
- Kolman M, Futey L, Egelhoff T. Dictyostelium myosin heavy chain kinase A regulates myosin localization during growth and development. J Cell Biol. 1996;132:101-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MHCK A functions in vivo as a protein kinase with physiological roles in regulating myosin II localization and assembly in Dictyostelium cells during both growth and developmental stages. ..
- Hostetter C, Sullivan Brown J, Burdine R. Zebrafish pronephros: a model for understanding cystic kidney disease. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:514-22 pubmed..In this review, we focus on the zebrafish as a model for understanding cystic kidney disease and the links between cystic kidney disease and left-right patterning. ..
- Shaw A, Papadopoulos J, Johnson C, Bushman W. Isolation and characterization of an immortalized mouse urogenital sinus mesenchyme cell line. Prostate. 2006;66:1347-58 pubmed..UGSM-2 is a urogenital sinus mesenchyme cell line that can be used to study stromal-epithelial interactions that are important in prostate biology. ..
- Krajaejun T, Gauthier G, Rappleye C, Sullivan T, Klein B. Development and application of a green fluorescent protein sentinel system for identification of RNA interference in Blastomyces dermatitidis illuminates the role of septin in morphogenesis and sporulation. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:1299-309 pubmed..Hence, this GFP sentinel system enables rapid detection of gene silencing and has revealed a pronounced role for septin in morphogenesis, budding, and sporulation of B. dermatitidis...
- Roszell B, Seaton A, Fong G, Finck C. Cell-based therapy improves cell viability and increases airway size in an explant model. Exp Lung Res. 2009;35:501-13 pubmed..These experiments represent the first evidence of the benefits of cell-based therapy for perinatal lung growth. ..
- Smith T, Pineda J, Donaghy A, Damer C. Copine A plays a role in the differentiation of stalk cells and the initiation of culmination in Dictyostelium development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:59 pubmed publisher..More specifically, CpnA appears to be involved in the function and differentiation of prestalk cells and plays a role in a calcium-regulated signaling pathway critical to triggering the initiation of culmination. ..
- Cooke P, Ekman G, Kaur J, Davila J, Bagchi I, Clark S, et al. Brief exposure to progesterone during a critical neonatal window prevents uterine gland formation in mice. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:63 pubmed publisher..The narrow window for inhibition of adenogenesis identified here may have implications for development of this methodology as a contraceptive strategy for animals. ..
- Li N, Goodwin R, Potts J. Zyxin regulates cell migration and differentiation in EMT during chicken AV valve morphogenesis. Microsc Microanal. 2013;19:842-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, zyxin appears to play a role as a regulator of cell migration and differentiation during EMT in chicken AV valve formation...
- Yanofsky M, Ma H, Bowman J, Drews G, Feldmann K, Meyerowitz E. The protein encoded by the Arabidopsis homeotic gene agamous resembles transcription factors. Nature. 1990;346:35-9 pubmed..The agamous gene therefore probably encodes a transcription factor that regulates genes determining stamen and carpel development in wild-type flowers. ..
- Wang S, Sharma P, Schoenlein P, Ely B. A histidine protein kinase is involved in polar organelle development in Caulobacter crescentus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:630-4 pubmed..The use of a phosphorelay system cued to internal changes in the cell would provide a mechanism for coordinating major changes in gene expression with the completion of specific cell cycle events. ..
- Robinson M, Ohtaka Maruyama C, Chan C, Jamieson S, Dickson C, Overbeek P, et al. Disregulation of ocular morphogenesis by lens-specific expression of FGF-3/int-2 in transgenic mice. Dev Biol. 1998;198:13-31 pubmed..Expression of FGF-3 in the lens also resulted in developmental alterations of the eyelids, cornea, and retina, and in the most severely affected transgenic lines, the postnatal appearance of intraocular glandular structures. ..
- Wang Y, Rutherford B, Upholt W, Mina M. Effects of BMP-7 on mouse tooth mesenchyme and chick mandibular mesenchyme. Dev Dyn. 1999;216:320-35 pubmed..Our combined data suggest that BMP-7 is a component of the signaling network mediating epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during the initiation phase of odontogenesis and morphogenesis of the mandibular arch. ..
- Garcia Gasca A, Spyropoulos D. Differential mammary morphogenesis along the anteroposterior axis in Hoxc6 gene targeted mice. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:261-76 pubmed..The position-specific phenotypes observed and the potential role for Hoxc6 in mediating hormone-regulated ductal expansion and regression in the adult female are discussed. ..
- Payne C, Zhang F, Lloyd A. GL3 encodes a bHLH protein that regulates trichome development in arabidopsis through interaction with GL1 and TTG1. Genetics. 2000;156:1349-62 pubmed..These data suggest a reiterated combinatorial model for the differential regulation of such diverse developmental pathways as trichome cell-fate determination, root hair spacing, and anthocyanin secondary metabolism. ..
- Chu J, Dong P, Panganiban G. Limb type-specific regulation of bric a brac contributes to morphological diversity. Development. 2002;129:695-704 pubmed..We propose that the limb type-specific variations in expression of bric a brac repressors contribute to morphological variations by controlling distal limb segment number. ..
- Wang X, Chamberlin H. Evolutionary innovation of the excretory system in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nat Genet. 2004;36:231-2 pubmed..elegans result from the gain of expression of a single gene. Our results show that innovation can be achieved by altered expression of a transcription factor without coevolution of all target genes. ..
- Han K, Seo J, Yu J. Regulators of G-protein signalling in Aspergillus nidulans: RgsA downregulates stress response and stimulates asexual sporulation through attenuation of GanB (Galpha) signalling. Mol Microbiol. 2004;53:529-40 pubmed..Our findings define a second and specific RGS-Galpha pair in A. nidulans, which may govern upstream regulation of fungal cellular responses to environmental changes. ..
- Davidson E, Erwin D. Gene regulatory networks and the evolution of animal body plans. Science. 2006;311:796-800 pubmed..Conservation of phyletic body plans may have been due to the retention since pre-Cambrian time of GRN kernels, which underlie development of major body parts. ..
- Hsouna A, Lawal H, Izevbaye I, Hsu T, O Donnell J. Drosophila dopamine synthesis pathway genes regulate tracheal morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;308:30-43 pubmed..Moreover, the transducer of Btl signaling, MAP kinase, is hyper-activated throughout the tracheal tube in the Pu mutant. Finally we show that dopamine regulates endocytosis via controlling the dynamin protein level. ..
- Heisler M, Hamant O, Krupinski P, Uyttewaal M, Ohno C, Jonsson H, et al. Alignment between PIN1 polarity and microtubule orientation in the shoot apical meristem reveals a tight coupling between morphogenesis and auxin transport. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000516 pubmed publisher..Lastly, through mathematical modeling we show that such a biophysical coupling could mediate the feedback loop between auxin and its transport that underlies plant phyllotaxis. ..
- Rossetti S, Corlazzoli F, Gregorski A, Azmi N, Sacchi N. Identification of an estrogen-regulated circadian mechanism necessary for breast acinar morphogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:3691-700 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study provides the first evidence of the implication of an ERA-circadian clock mechanism in the breast acinar morphogenetic process. ..
- Browne M, Carter T, Kay D, Kuehn D, Brody L, Romitti P, et al. Evaluation of genes involved in limb development, angiogenesis, and coagulation as risk factors for congenital limb deficiencies. Am J Med Genet A. 2012;158A:2463-72 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that common variants in FGF10 increase the risk for a wide range of non-syndromic limb deficiencies. ..
- Viotti M, Foley A, Hadjantonakis A. Gutsy moves in mice: cellular and molecular dynamics of endoderm morphogenesis. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..Here, we review findings that have uncovered complex cell movements within the endodermal layer, before and during gastrulation, leading to the conclusion that cells from primitive endoderm contribute descendants directly to gut. ..
- Loganathan R, Lee J, Wells M, GREVENGOED E, Slattery M, Andrew D. Ribbon regulates morphogenesis of the Drosophila embryonic salivary gland through transcriptional activation and repression. Dev Biol. 2016;409:234-250 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that autoregulation of rib expression may be a key component of the SG morphogenetic gene network. ..
- Randazzo F, Cribbs D, Kaufman T. Rescue and regulation of proboscipedia: a homeotic gene of the Antennapedia Complex. Development. 1991;113:257-71 pubmed
- Rooney P, Sullivan T, Klein B. Selective expression of the virulence factor BAD1 upon morphogenesis to the pathogenic yeast form of Blastomyces dermatitidis: evidence for transcriptional regulation by a conserved mechanism. Mol Microbiol. 2001;39:875-89 pubmed..Thus, BAD1 is expressed after transition to the pathogenic yeast morphotype and is regulated by a mechanism for phase-specific gene expression that appears to be conserved. ..
- McCollum M, Sharpe P. Developmental genetics and early hominid craniodental evolution. Bioessays. 2001;23:481-93 pubmed..The latter has important implications for cladistic studies that traditionally consider features of the skull independently from the dentition...
- Rooney P, Klein B. Linking fungal morphogenesis with virulence. Cell Microbiol. 2002;4:127-37 pubmed..The evidence argues strongly that morphological differentiation plays a vital role in the pathogenesis of fungal infection, suggesting that factors associated with this conversion process represent promising therapeutic targets. ..
- Fernandes J, Sternberg P. The tailless ortholog nhr-67 regulates patterning of gene expression and morphogenesis in the C. elegans vulva. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e69 pubmed..We postulate that the differential levels and combinatorial patterns of lin-11, cog-1, and nhr-67 expression are a part of a regulatory code for the mature vulval cell types...
- Havens B, Velonis D, Kronenberg M, Lichtler A, Oliver B, Mina M. Roles of FGFR3 during morphogenesis of Meckel's cartilage and mandibular bones. Dev Biol. 2008;316:336-49 pubmed publisher..Together these results demonstrate that FGFR3 signaling is required for the elongation of Meckel's cartilage and FGFR2 and FGFR3 have roles during intramembranous ossification of mandibular bones. ..
- Kim S, Shindo A, Park T, Oh E, Ghosh S, Gray R, et al. Planar cell polarity acts through septins to control collective cell movement and ciliogenesis. Science. 2010;329:1337-40 pubmed publisher..These findings shed light on the mechanisms by which fundamental cellular machinery, such as the cytoskeleton, is regulated during embryonic development and human disease. ..
- Hogan J, Valentine M, Cox C, Doyle K, Collier S. Two frizzled planar cell polarity signals in the Drosophila wing are differentially organized by the Fat/Dachsous pathway. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001305 pubmed publisher..6) Altering the timing of ds knockdown during wing development can separate the role of the Ft/Ds pathway in wing morphogenesis from its role in Early Fz PCP signaling...
- Vandenberg L, Morrie R, ADAMS D. V-ATPase-dependent ectodermal voltage and pH regionalization are required for craniofacial morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1889-904 pubmed publisher..We conclude that this bioelectric signal has a role in development of the face. Thus, it exemplifies an important, under-studied mechanism of developmental regulation. ..
- Mejia L, Litterman N, Ikeuchi Y, de la Torre Ubieta L, Bennett E, Zhang C, et al. A novel Hap1-Tsc1 interaction regulates neuronal mTORC1 signaling and morphogenesis in the brain. J Neurosci. 2013;33:18015-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings define a novel link between Hap1 and Tsc1 that regulates neuronal mTORC1 signaling and neuronal morphogenesis, with implications for our understanding of developmental disorders of cognition. ..
- Dimri M, Bilogan C, Pierce L, Naegele G, Vasanji A, Gibson I, et al. Three-dimensional structural analysis reveals a Cdk5-mediated kinase cascade regulating hepatic biliary network branching in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:2595-2605 pubmed publisher..A small-molecule compound that interferes with the downstream kinase cascade rescued the mutant phenotype. These results provide new insights into branching morphogenesis of the intrahepatic biliary network. ..
- Varley A, Stewart G. The divIVB region of the Bacillus subtilis chromosome encodes homologs of Escherichia coli septum placement (minCD) and cell shape (mreBCD) determinants. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:6729-42 pubmed..Moreover, E. coli cells carrying the divIVB region on a low-copy-number plasmid produce minicells, suggesting that a product of this locus may retain some function across species boundaries. ..
- Condon M, Hall A. Expression of thymosin beta-4 and related genes in developing human brain. J Mol Neurosci. 1992;3:165-70 pubmed
- Sive H, Hattori K, Weintraub H. Progressive determination during formation of the anteroposterior axis in Xenopus laevis. Cell. 1989;58:171-80 pubmed..As gastrulation proceeds, further induction by mesoderm may override this state, which persists only in the extreme anterior of the embryo. ..
- Kelly G, Greenstein P, Erezyilmaz D, Moon R. Zebrafish wnt8 and wnt8b share a common activity but are involved in distinct developmental pathways. Development. 1995;121:1787-99 pubmed
- Fogerty F, Juang J, Petersen J, Clark M, Hoffmann F, Mosher D. Dominant effects of the bcr-abl oncogene on Drosophila morphogenesis. Oncogene. 1999;18:219-32 pubmed..Drosophila, therefore, is a suitable model system to identify Bcr-Abl interactions important for signal transduction and oncogenesis. ..
- Yeh J. The evolution of development: two portraits of skull ossification in pipoid frogs. Evolution. 2002;56:2484-98 pubmed..It is also the first study to examine ossification sequences across vertebrates, and the first to use thin-plate spline morphometrics to quantitatively describe ontogenetic trajectories...
- Hairfield M, Ayers A, Dolan J. Phospholipase D1 is required for efficient mating projection formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2001;1:225-32 pubmed..The fact that morphogenesis is most dramatically affected indicates that PLD1 functions primarily in the morphogenic branch of the pheromone response pathway. ..
- Matakatsu H, Blair S. Interactions between Fat and Dachsous and the regulation of planar cell polarity in the Drosophila wing. Development. 2004;131:3785-94 pubmed..Thus, while our results support the existence of Ft-Ds binding and show that it is sufficient to alter PCP, ds expression is permissive or redundant with other PCP cues in much of the wing...
- Wang B, Weidenfeld J, Lu M, Maika S, Kuziel W, Morrisey E, et al. Foxp1 regulates cardiac outflow tract, endocardial cushion morphogenesis and myocyte proliferation and maturation. Development. 2004;131:4477-87 pubmed
- Cooke J, Kemp H, Moens C. EphA4 is required for cell adhesion and rhombomere-boundary formation in the zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2005;15:536-42 pubmed
- Dale J, Malapert P, Chal J, Vilhais Neto G, Maroto M, Johnson T, et al. Oscillations of the snail genes in the presomitic mesoderm coordinate segmental patterning and morphogenesis in vertebrate somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2006;10:355-66 pubmed..Thus, Snail genes define a class of cyclic genes that coordinate segmentation and PSM morphogenesis. ..
- Bush K, Vaughn D, Li X, Rosenfeld M, Rose D, Mendoza S, et al. Development and differentiation of the ureteric bud into the ureter in the absence of a kidney collecting system. Dev Biol. 2006;298:571-84 pubmed
- Sieber P, Wellmer F, Gheyselinck J, Riechmann J, Meyerowitz E. Redundancy and specialization among plant microRNAs: role of the MIR164 family in developmental robustness. Development. 2007;134:1051-60 pubmed
- Lockwood C, Zaidel Bar R, Hardin J. The C. elegans zonula occludens ortholog cooperates with the cadherin complex to recruit actin during morphogenesis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1333-7 pubmed publisher..These results show that ZOO-1 cooperates with the cadherin-catenin complex to dynamically regulate strong junctional anchorage to the actin cytoskeleton during morphogenesis. ..
- Yu J, Foley F, Amack J, Turner C. The cell adhesion-associated protein Git2 regulates morphogenetic movements during zebrafish embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2011;349:225-37 pubmed publisher..These observations provide in vivo evidence of a physiologic role for Git2a in regulating cell morphogenesis and directed cell migration via myosin II activation during zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Friston K, Levin M, Sengupta B, Pezzulo G. Knowing one's place: a free-energy approach to pattern regulation. J R Soc Interface. 2015;12: pubmed publisher..This theoretical formulation may complement bottom-up strategies-that currently focus on molecular pathways-with (constructivist) top-down approaches that have proved themselves in neuroscience and cybernetics. ..
- Monteiro A, Glaser G, Stockslager S, Glansdorp N, Ramos D. Comparative insights into questions of lepidopteran wing pattern homology. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:52 pubmed..Eyespots with concentric rings may have co-opted a wound healing genetic network during their evolution. ..
- Sizemore G, Sizemore S, Pal B, Booth C, Seachrist D, Abdul Karim F, et al. FOXC1 is enriched in the mammary luminal progenitor population, but is not necessary for mouse mammary ductal morphogenesis. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:10 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that FOXC1 is unnecessary for mammary morphogenesis and that its role in BLBC likely involves processes that are unrelated to cell lineage specification. ..
- Karlinsey J, Tsui H, Winkler M, Hughes K. Flk couples flgM translation to flagellar ring assembly in Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:5384-97 pubmed..We conclude that the reduction in the intracellular FlgM levels by mutation in the flk gene is only at the level of flgM mRNA translation. ..
- Bracken C, Mizeracka K, McLaughlin K. Patterning the embryonic kidney: BMP signaling mediates the differentiation of the pronephric tubules and duct in Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:132-44 pubmed..Specifically, BMP signaling is required for the differentiation of two types of nephric structures, the pronephric tubules and duct. ..
- Dy P, Smits P, Silvester A, Penzo Méndez A, Dumitriu B, Han Y, et al. Synovial joint morphogenesis requires the chondrogenic action of Sox5 and Sox6 in growth plate and articular cartilage. Dev Biol. 2010;341:346-59 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that synovial joint morphogenesis relies on essential roles for Sox5/6 in promoting both growth plate and articular chondrocyte differentiation...