Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on monophenol monooxygenase in Japan
Topic: monophenol monooxygenase
- Shirasugi I, Sakakibara Y, Yamasaki M, Nishiyama K, Matsui T, Liu M, et al. Novel screening method for potential skin-whitening compounds by a luciferase reporter assay. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:2253-8 pubmed..These results indicate this new luciferase reported assay system to be an effective and convenient method for screening potential skin-whitening compounds. ..
- Kawano M, Matsuyama K, Miyamae Y, Shinmoto H, Kchouk M, Morio T, et al. Antimelanogenesis effect of Tunisian herb Thymelaea hirsuta extract on B16 murine melanoma cells. Exp Dermatol. 2007;16:977-84 pubmed..This indicates that our findings might be attributable to daphnanes...
- Chao H, Najjaa H, Villareal M, Ksouri R, Han J, Neffati M, et al. Arthrophytum scoparium inhibits melanogenesis through the down-regulation of tyrosinase and melanogenic gene expressions in B16 melanoma cells. Exp Dermatol. 2013;22:131-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the antimelanogenesis effect of A. scoparium and on its potential as a whitening agent. ..
- Yada Y, Higuchi K, Imokawa G. Effects of endothelins on signal transduction and proliferation in human melanocytes. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:18352-7 pubmed..2% bovine pituitary extract, resulting in a 4.5-fold increase in cell number for 12 culture days. These findings strongly suggest involvement of ET in the mechanism regulating proliferation and melanization of human melanocytes. ..
- Suzuki H, Furusho Y, Higashi T, Ohnishi Y, Horinouchi S. A novel o-aminophenol oxidase responsible for formation of the phenoxazinone chromophore of grixazone. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:824-33 pubmed publisher..GriF is thus a novel o-aminophenol oxidase that is responsible for the formation of the phenoxazinone chromophore in the grixazone biosynthetic pathway...
- Zhaorigetu S, Yanaka N, Sasaki M, Watanabe H, Kato N. Silk protein, sericin, suppresses DMBA-TPA-induced mouse skin tumorigenesis by reducing oxidative stress, inflammatory responses and endogenous tumor promoter TNF-alpha. Oncol Rep. 2003;10:537-43 pubmed..The results suggest that sericin possesses protective effect against tumor promotion in mouse skin by suppressing oxidative stress, inflammatory responses and TNF-alpha. ..
- Yamaki K, Gocho K, Hayakawa K, Kondo I, Sakuragi S. Tyrosinase family proteins are antigens specific to Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. J Immunol. 2000;165:7323-9 pubmed..We conclude that VKH disease is an autoimmune disease against the tyrosinase family proteins...
- Marubashi S, Shimada H, Fukuda M, Ohbayashi N. RUTBC1 Functions as a GTPase-activating Protein for Rab32/38 and Regulates Melanogenic Enzyme Trafficking in Melanocytes. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1427-40 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that proper spatiotemporal regulation of Rab32/38 is essential for the trafficking of all three melanogenic enzymes in mouse melanocytes. ..
- Tomita Y. The molecular genetics of albinism and piebaldism. Arch Dermatol. 1994;130:355-8 pubmed..Piebaldism is an autosomal-dominant congenital leukoderma associated with a white forelock. The molecular pathogeneses of these congenital pigmentary disorders have been clarified in recent years and are briefly reviewed here...
- Okumura N, Hayashi T, Sekikawa H, Matsumoto T, Mikawa A, Hamasima N, et al. Sequences and mapping of genes encoding porcine tyrosinase (TYR) and tyrosinase-related proteins (TYRP1 and TYRP2). Anim Genet. 2005;36:513-6 pubmed
- Matoba Y, Kihara S, Muraki Y, Bando N, Yoshitsu H, Kuroda T, et al. Activation Mechanism of the Streptomyces Tyrosinase Assisted by the Caddie Protein. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5593-5603 pubmed publisher..Aggregation of the caddie protein, which is triggered by the conversion of the Tyr98 residue to dopaquinone, may ensure the generation of fully activated tyrosinase...
- Shigemura T, Shiohara M, Tanaka M, Takeuchi K, Koike K. Effect of the mutant microphthalmia-associated transcription factor found in Tietz syndrome on the in vitro development of mast cells. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010;32:442-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that MITF does not play a critical role in MC development in humans. ..
- Shiohara M, Shigemura T, Suzuki T, Tanaka M, Morii E, Ohtsu H, et al. MITF-CM, a newly identified isoform of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor, is expressed in cultured mast cells. Int J Lab Hematol. 2009;31:215-26 pubmed publisher..In contrast, none of the MITF isoforms transactivated both the tryptase and chymase gene promoters, indicating differences in the gene transactivation system between humans and mice. ..
- Kawamura Konishi Y, Tsuji M, Hatana S, Asanuma M, Kakuta D, Kawano T, et al. Purification, characterization, and molecular cloning of tyrosinase from Pholiota nameko. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1752-60 pubmed..These results suggest that P. nameko tyrosinase is expressed as a proenzyme followed by specific cleavage to produce a mature enzyme. ..
- Inagaki H, Koga A, Bessho Y, Hori H. The tyrosinase gene from medakafish: transgenic expression rescues albino mutation. Pigment Cell Res. 1998;11:283-90 pubmed..Thus, transgenic expression rescued from the albino-i(l) mutation, and the i locus of the medaka genome can be concluded to encode the tyrosinase gene. ..
- Inagaki H, Bessho Y, Koga A, Hori H. Expression of the tyrosinase-encoding gene in a colorless melanophore mutant of the medaka fish, Oryzias latipes. Gene. 1994;150:319-24 pubmed..In the b mutant, contrary to expectation, the mRNA was detected not only in eyes but also in amelanotic skin. Therefore, pigmentation of the skin controlled by b is not directly related to expression of the Tyr gene...
- Fujimoto K, Okino N, Kawabata S, Iwanaga S, Ohnishi E. Nucleotide sequence of the cDNA encoding the proenzyme of phenol oxidase A1 of Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7769-73 pubmed..It seems, therefore, likely that pro-PO originates from a common ancestor with arthropod hemocyanins, independently to the vertebrate and microbial tyrosinases. ..