Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Switzerland
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications318 found, 100 shown here
- Pooggin M, Futterer J, Skryabin K, Hohn T. Ribosome shunt is essential for infectivity of cauliflower mosaic virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:886-91 pubmed..Finally, by using an artificial stem structure that blocks scanning, we obtained direct evidence that ribosome shunt operates during CaMV infection...
- Belfiore M, Mathies L, Pugnale P, Moulder G, Barstead R, Kimble J, et al. The MEP-1 zinc-finger protein acts with MOG DEAH box proteins to control gene expression via the fem-3 3' untranslated region in Caenorhabditis elegans. RNA. 2002;8:725-39 pubmed..We suggest that MEP-1 acts together with the MOG proteins to repress fem-3 mRNA and that it also functions in other pathways to control development more broadly. ..
- Wolf J, Gerber A, Keller W. tadA, an essential tRNA-specific adenosine deaminase from Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 2002;21:3841-51 pubmed..The anticodon is thus a major determinant for tadA substrate specificity. Finally, we show that tadA is an essential gene in E.coli, underscoring the critical function of inosine at the wobble position in prokaryotes. ..
- Schwitzgebel V, Mamin A, Brun T, Ritz Laser B, Zaiko M, Maret A, et al. Agenesis of human pancreas due to decreased half-life of insulin promoter factor 1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:4398-406 pubmed..We conclude that the IPF1 level is critical for human pancreas formation. ..
- Gfeller K, Roth M, Meile L, Teuber M. Sequence and genetic organization of the 19.3-kb erythromycin- and dalfopristin-resistance plasmid pLME300 from Lactobacillus fermentum ROT1. Plasmid. 2003;50:190-201 pubmed..pLME300 is the largest completely sequenced multi-resistance plasmid isolated from any Lactobacillus strain so far...
- Meloni G, Zovo K, Kazantseva J, Palumaa P, Vasak M. Organization and assembly of metal-thiolate clusters in epithelium-specific metallothionein-4. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14588-95 pubmed..The biological implication of our studies as to the role of MT-4 in zinc metabolism of stratified epithelia is discussed. ..
- Schubert C, Coolen M, Neretin L, Schippers A, Abbas B, Durisch Kaiser E, et al. Aerobic and anaerobic methanotrophs in the Black Sea water column. Environ Microbiol. 2006;8:1844-56 pubmed..e. ANME-1-related organisms are responsible for anaerobic methane oxidation below 600 m water depth, whereas ANME-2-related organisms are responsible for this process in the anoxic water column above approximately 600 m water depth. ..
- Mrosek M, Meier S, Ucurum Fotiadis Z, von Castelmur E, Hedbom E, Lustig A, et al. Structural analysis of B-Box 2 from MuRF1: identification of a novel self-association pattern in a RING-like fold. Biochemistry. 2008;47:10722-30 pubmed publisher..We expect these findings to aid the future exploration of the cellular function and therapeutic potential of MuRF1. ..
- Hofmann M, Renzullo S, Mader M, Chaignat V, Worwa G, Thuer B. Genetic characterization of toggenburg orbivirus, a new bluetongue virus, from goats, Switzerland. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1855-61 pubmed publisher..Because the gene encoding outer capsid protein 2 (VP2), which determines the serotype of BTV, is placed within the BTV serogroup, we propose that TOV represents an unknown 25th serotype of BTV...
- Pedrioli P, Leidel S, Hofmann K. Urm1 at the crossroad of modifications. 'Protein Modifications: Beyond the Usual Suspects' Review Series. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1196-202 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the function of Urm1 in light of its dual role in protein and RNA modification. ..
- Goldschmidt Clermont E, Hochwartner O, Demarta A, Caminada A, Frey J. Outbreaks of an ulcerative and haemorrhagic disease in Arctic char Salvelinus alpinus caused by Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. smithia. Dis Aquat Organ. 2009;86:81-6 pubmed publisher..These genes are characteristic for virulent strains of typical and atypical subspecies of A. salmonicida. ..
- Garneau M, Schnetzer A, Countway P, Jones A, Seubert E, Caron D. Examination of the seasonal dynamics of the toxic dinoflagellate Alexandrium catenella at Redondo Beach, California, by quantitative PCR. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:7669-80 pubmed publisher..The qPCR method developed here provides a useful tool for investigating the ecology of A. catenella at subbloom and bloom abundances. ..
- Liniger M, Summerfield A, Zimmer G, McCullough K, Ruggli N. Chicken cells sense influenza A virus infection through MDA5 and CARDIF signaling involving LGP2. J Virol. 2012;86:705-17 pubmed publisher..We finally demonstrate that the chMDA5 signaling pathway is inhibited by the viral nonstructural protein 1. In conclusion, chicken cells, including DF-1 fibroblasts and HD-11 macrophage-like cells, employ chMDA5 for sensing AIV...
- Ihssen J, Kowarik M, Wiesli L, Reiss R, Wacker M, Thöny Meyer L. Structural insights from random mutagenesis of Campylobacter jejuni oligosaccharyltransferase PglB. BMC Biotechnol. 2012;12:67 pubmed publisher..coli system. ..
- Raineri I, Senn H. HIV-1 promotor insertion revealed by selective detection of chimeric provirus-host gene transcripts. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:6261-6 pubmed..This shows for the first time that HIV-1 can activate transcription of host cellular genes by promotor insertion in a fashion similar to slow-transforming avian and murine retroviruses. ..
- Principaud E, Spohr G. Xenopus laevis c-myc I and II genes: molecular structure and developmental expression. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:3081-8 pubmed..Finally, we report characterization of a new c-myc I mRNA which differ at the 5' end. Transcripts are possibly initiated at a putative alternative promoter located further upstream in the genome, and undergoes alternative splicing. ..
- Piali L, Fichtel A, Terpe H, Imhof B, Gisler R. Endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 expression is suppressed by melanoma and carcinoma. J Exp Med. 1995;181:811-6 pubmed..We propose that the downregulation of VCAM-1 is a mechanism by which vascularized melanoma and carcinoma avoid invasion by cytotoxic cells of the immune system. ..
- Nakagawa J, Waldner H, Meyer Monard S, Hofsteenge J, Jeno P, Moroni C. AUH, a gene encoding an AU-specific RNA binding protein with intrinsic enoyl-CoA hydratase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:2051-5 pubmed..Protein immobilized on an AUUUA matrix was enzymatically active, suggesting that hydratase and AU-binding functions are located on distinct domains within a single polypeptide. ..
- Douville P, Atanasoski S, Tobler A, Fontana A, Schwab M. The brain-specific POU-box gene Brn4 is a sex-linked transcription factor located on the human and mouse X chromosomes. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:180-2 pubmed
- Hajnal A, Klemenz R, Schafer R. Subtraction cloning of H-rev107, a gene specifically expressed in H-ras resistant fibroblasts. Oncogene. 1994;9:479-90 pubmed..Repression of the H-rev107 gene may be closely associated with the loss of density-dependent growth inhibition and with the expression of the neoplastic phenotype. ..
- Döhring C, Samaridis J, Colonna M. Alternatively spliced forms of human killer inhibitory receptors. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:227-30 pubmed
- Oellers N, Hafen E. Biochemical characterization of rolledSem, an activated form of Drosophila mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:24939-44 pubmed..We also demonstrate that Dsor1, which has been placed upstream of rl genetically, is able to phosphorylate and activate Rl in vitro. ..
- Antonsson B, Montessuit S, Di Paolo G, Lutjens R, Grenningloh G. Expression, purification, and characterization of a highly soluble N-terminal-truncated form of the neuron-specific membrane-associated phosphoprotein SCG10. Protein Expr Purif. 1997;9:295-300 pubmed..With these highly soluble forms of SCG10 biochemical and structural studies of this multiphosphoprotein become feasible. ..
- Flor P, van Der Putten H, Ruegg D, Lukic S, Leonhardt T, Bence M, et al. A novel splice variant of a metabotropic glutamate receptor, human mGluR7b. Neuropharmacology. 1997;36:153-9 pubmed..As described for rat mGluR7, the rank order of agonist potencies is: L-SOP, L-AP4 > L-glutamate > (1S,3R)-ACPD, quisqualate. ..
- Meyer W, Reichenbach P, Schindler U, Soldaini E, Nabholz M. Interaction of STAT5 dimers on two low affinity binding sites mediates interleukin 2 (IL-2) stimulation of IL-2 receptor alpha gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31821-8 pubmed..This provides strong evidence that interactions between STAT dimers binding to a pair of weak binding sites play a biological role by controlling the activity of a well characterized, complex cytokine-responsive enhancer. ..
- Preker P, Keller W. The HAT helix, a repetitive motif implicated in RNA processing. Trends Biochem Sci. 1998;23:15-6 pubmed
- Borggrefe T, Wabl M, Akhmedov A, Jessberger R. A B-cell-specific DNA recombination complex. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17025-35 pubmed..These findings are consistent with SWAP being the long elusive "switch recombinase" and with SWAP-70 being the specific recruiting element that assembles the switch recombinase from universal components. ..
- Schulz H, Pellicioli E, Thony Meyer L. New insights into the role of CcmC, CcmD and CcmE in the haem delivery pathway during cytochrome c maturation by a complete mutational analysis of the conserved tryptophan-rich motif of CcmC. Mol Microbiol. 2000;37:1379-88 pubmed..We propose that the three membrane proteins CcmC, CcmD and CcmE interact directly with each other, establishing a cytoplasm to periplasm haem delivery pathway for cytochrome c maturation. ..
- Meile L, Rohr L, Geissmann T, Herensperger M, Teuber M. Characterization of the D-xylulose 5-phosphate/D-fructose 6-phosphate phosphoketolase gene (xfp) from Bifidobacterium lactis. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2929-36 pubmed publisher..However, xfp is transcribed in B. lactis as a monocistronic operon. It is the first reported and sequenced gene of a phosphoketolase...
- Luo Y, Pfister P, Leisinger T, Wasserfallen A. The genome of archaeal prophage PsiM100 encodes the lytic enzyme responsible for autolysis of Methanothermobacter wolfeii. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:5788-92 pubmed..The ORF28 protein of PsiM100 was identified as the previously known autolytic enzyme pseudomurein endoisopeptidase PeiW produced by M. wolfeii...
- Kaufmann I, Martin G, Friedlein A, Langen H, Keller W. Human Fip1 is a subunit of CPSF that binds to U-rich RNA elements and stimulates poly(A) polymerase. EMBO J. 2004;23:616-26 pubmed..These results show that hFip1 significantly contributes to CPSF-mediated stimulation of PAP activity. ..
- Rausch C, Zimmermann P, Amrhein N, Bucher M. Expression analysis suggests novel roles for the plastidic phosphate transporter Pht2;1 in auto- and heterotrophic tissues in potato and Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;39:13-28 pubmed publisher..These data give clues about the possible biological function of Pht2;1 and shed light on the complex web of interactions in which Pht2;1 could play a role...
- Le Good J, Joubin K, Giraldez A, Ben Haim N, Beck S, Chen Y, et al. Nodal stability determines signaling range. Curr Biol. 2005;15:31-6 pubmed..These results suggest that increased proteolytic maturation of Nodal potentiates autocrine signaling, whereas increased Nodal stability extends paracrine signaling. ..
- Suarez M, Haenni M, Canarelli S, Fisch F, Chodanowski P, Servis C, et al. Structure-function characterization and optimization of a plant-derived antibacterial peptide. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:3847-57 pubmed..Sedimentation may result from coupled flocculation and coagulation effects, while the bactericidal activity would require bacterial membrane destabilization by a hydrophobic loop...
- Chera S, de Rosa R, Miljkovic Licina M, Dobretz K, Ghila L, Kaloulis K, et al. Silencing of the hydra serine protease inhibitor Kazal1 gene mimics the human SPINK1 pancreatic phenotype. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:846-57 pubmed..Interestingly, these functions parallel the pancreatic autophagy phenotype observed upon mutation within the Kazal domain of the SPINK1 and SPINK3 genes in human and mice, respectively. ..
- Grünig C, Duò A, Sieber T, Holdenrieder O. Assignment of species rank to six reproductively isolated cryptic species of the Phialocephala fortinii s.1.-Acephala applanata species complex. Mycologia. 2008;100:47-67 pubmed..Based on these data we propose to assign species rank to six CSP of P. fortinii: P. turiciensis, P. letzii, P. europaea, P. helvetica, P. uotolensis, P. subalpina spp. nov. and P. fortinii s.s. ..
- Gander S, Martin D, Hauri S, Moes S, Poletto G, Pagano M, et al. A modified KESTREL search reveals a basophilic substrate consensus for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Npr1 protein kinase. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:5305-16 pubmed publisher..The availability of a consensus sequence allows a targeted search for physiologically relevant Npr1 substrates involved in the regulation of yeast amino acid permeases. ..
- Feddermann N, Muni R, Zeier T, Stuurman J, Ercolin F, Schorderet M, et al. The PAM1 gene of petunia, required for intracellular accommodation and morphogenesis of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, encodes a homologue of VAPYRIN. Plant J. 2010;64:470-81 pubmed publisher..In mycorrhizal roots, tonospheres were observed in the vicinity of intracellular hyphae, where they may play an essential role in the accommodation and morphogenesis of the fungal endosymbiont...
- Schmitges F, Prusty A, Faty M, Stützer A, Lingaraju G, Aiwazian J, et al. Histone methylation by PRC2 is inhibited by active chromatin marks. Mol Cell. 2011;42:330-41 pubmed publisher..Inhibition by active chromatin marks, coupled to stimulation by transcriptionally repressive H3K27me3, enables PRC2 to autonomously template repressive H3K27me3 without overwriting active chromatin domains. ..
- Baggiolini M, Walz A, Kunkel S. Neutrophil-activating peptide-1/interleukin 8, a novel cytokine that activates neutrophils. J Clin Invest. 1989;84:1045-9 pubmed
- Shibahara S, Tomita Y, Tagami H, Muller R, Cohen T. Molecular basis for the heterogeneity of human tyrosinase. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1988;156:403-14 pubmed..We provide evidence for the presence of at least two species of human tyrosinase mRNA generated by alternative splicing in human pigmented melanoma cells. ..
- Schindler R, Itin C, Zerial M, Lottspeich F, Hauri H. ERGIC-53, a membrane protein of the ER-Golgi intermediate compartment, carries an ER retention motif. Eur J Cell Biol. 1993;61:1-9 pubmed..The presence of an ER retention motif in a protein of the ER-Golgi intermediate compartment has important implications for the retention mechanism mediated by this signal. ..
- Kammerer R. Alpha-helical coiled-coil oligomerization domains in extracellular proteins. Matrix Biol. 1997;15:555-65; discussion 567-8 pubmed..Coiled-coil domains in laminins and probably also in tenascins and thrombospondins are responsible for the formation of tissue-specific isoforms by selective oligomerization of different polypeptide chains. ..
- Blum S, Schmid S, Pause A, Buser P, Linder P, Sonenberg N, et al. ATP hydrolysis by initiation factor 4A is required for translation initiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:7664-8 pubmed
- Beltzer J, Spiess M. In vitro binding of the asialoglycoprotein receptor to the beta adaptin of plasma membrane coated vesicles. EMBO J. 1991;10:3735-42 pubmed..Partial proteolysis of the AP-2 preparation followed by the receptor binding assay revealed that the aminoterminal domain of the beta adaptin contains the binding site for receptors. ..
- Gorup B. Production of large-scale peptides in solution. Biochem Soc Trans. 1990;18:1299-306 pubmed
- Belin D, Wohlwend A, Schleuning W, Kruithof E, Vassalli J. Facultative polypeptide translocation allows a single mRNA to encode the secreted and cytosolic forms of plasminogen activators inhibitor 2. EMBO J. 1989;8:3287-94 pubmed..Thus, the accumulation of one polypeptide into two topologically distinct cellular compartments can be achieved by facultative translocation. ..
- Grossberger D, Marcuz A, Du Pasquier L, Lambris J. Conservation of structural and functional domains in complement component C3 of Xenopus and mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:1323-7 pubmed..Since the gene of the related molecule C4 is MHC-linked in both mammals and Xenopus, the C3 and C4 genes may have separated before Xenopus and mammals speciated. ..
- Kramer A, Mulhauser F, Wersig C, Gröning K, Bilbe G. Mammalian splicing factor SF3a120 represents a new member of the SURP family of proteins and is homologous to the essential splicing factor PRP21p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 1995;1:260-72 pubmed..Binding studies with truncated derivatives of SF3a120 revealed that the SURP domains function in binding to SF3a60, whereas a region of 130 amino acids C-terminal to these domains is essential for contacts with SF3a66. ..
- Fehling H, Laplace C, Mattei M, Saint Ruf C, von Boehmer H. Genomic structure and chromosomal location of the mouse pre-T-cell receptor alpha gene. Immunogenetics. 1995;42:275-81 pubmed..In situ hybridization maps the pTa gene to the D/E1 region of mouse chromosome 17. ..
- Suzuki C, Suda K, Wang N, Schatz G. Requirement for the yeast gene LON in intramitochondrial proteolysis and maintenance of respiration. Science. 1994;264:273-6 pubmed..Lon- cells were also impaired in their ability to catalyze the energy-dependent degradation of several mitochondrial matrix proteins and they accumulated electron-dense inclusions in their mitochondrial matrix. ..
- Banner D, D Arcy A, Chene C, Winkler F, Guha A, Konigsberg W, et al. The crystal structure of the complex of blood coagulation factor VIIa with soluble tissue factor. Nature. 1996;380:41-6 pubmed..In the complex, factor VIIa adopts an extended conformation. This structure provides a basis for understanding many molecular aspects of the initiation of coagulation. ..
- Wells T, Peitsch M. The chemokine information source: identification and characterization of novel chemokines using the WorldWideWeb and expressed sequence tag databases. J Leukoc Biol. 1997;61:545-50 pubmed
- Chretien I, Marcuz A, Courtet M, Katevuo K, Vainio O, Heath J, et al. CTX, a Xenopus thymocyte receptor, defines a molecular family conserved throughout vertebrates. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:4094-104 pubmed..Strong homologies within vertebrate sequences suggest that the V and C2 CTX domains are scions of a very ancient lineage. ..
- Tomás Zuber M, Mary J, Lesslauer W. Control sites of ribosomal S6 kinase B and persistent activation through tumor necrosis factor. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23549-58 pubmed
- Barabino S, Ohnacker M, Keller W. Distinct roles of two Yth1p domains in 3'-end cleavage and polyadenylation of yeast pre-mRNAs. EMBO J. 2000;19:3778-87 pubmed..Finally, we find that Yth1p binds to CYC1 pre-mRNA in the vicinity of the cleavage site. Our results indicate that Yth1p is important for the integrity of CPF and participates in the recognition of the cleavage site. ..
- Li B, Zhuang L, Trueb B. Zyxin interacts with the SH3 domains of the cytoskeletal proteins LIM-nebulette and Lasp-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20401-10 pubmed..LIM-nebulette reveals a subcellular distribution at focal adhesions similar to Lasp-1. Thus, LIM-nebulette, Lasp-1, and zyxin may play an important role in the organization of focal adhesions. ..
- Malanga M, Althaus F. The role of poly(ADP-ribose) in the DNA damage signaling network. Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;83:354-64 pubmed
- Rabbani S, Miksa V, Wipf B, Ernst B. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a novel Helicobacter pylori alpha-1,4 fucosyltransferase. Glycobiology. 2005;15:1076-83 pubmed..Additionally, the enzyme possesses a broad tolerance toward nonnatural Type I acceptor substrate analogs and therefore represents a valuable tool for the chemoenzymatic synthesis of Lewis A, sialyl Lewis A as well as mimetics thereof. ..
- Hui K, Magnadottir B, Schifferli J, Inal J. CRIT peptide interacts with factor B and interferes with alternative pathway activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:308-14 pubmed..Binding of CRIT-H17 to FB did not interfere with the assembly of C3bB complex. In a haemolytic assay using C2-deficient serum, CRIT-H17 interfered with AP complement activation. ..
- Kleeb A, Kast P, Hilvert D. A monofunctional and thermostable prephenate dehydratase from the archaeon Methanocaldococcus jannaschii. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14101-10 pubmed
- Christen M, Christen B, Allan M, Folcher M, Jeno P, Grzesiek S, et al. DgrA is a member of a new family of cyclic diguanosine monophosphate receptors and controls flagellar motor function in Caulobacter crescentus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4112-7 pubmed..crescentus by interfering with motor function rather than flagellar assembly. We present preliminary evidence implicating the flagellar motor protein FliL in DgrA-dependent cell motility control. ..
- Bruell C, Eichholz C, Kubarenko A, Post V, Katunin V, Hobbie S, et al. Conservation of bacterial protein synthesis machinery: initiation and elongation in Mycobacterium smegmatis. Biochemistry. 2008;47:8828-39 pubmed publisher..smegmatis components as an alternative to that from E. coli to study the mechanisms of translation and to test the action of antibiotics against Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Becker D, Tetens J, Brunner A, Bürstel D, Ganter M, Kijas J, et al. Microphthalmia in Texel sheep is associated with a missense mutation in the paired-like homeodomain 3 (PITX3) gene. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8689 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the identification of a naturally occurring PITX3 mutation offers the opportunity to use the Texel as a genetically characterized large animal model for human microphthalmia. ..
- Soulard A, Cremonesi A, Moes S, Schutz F, Jeno P, Hall M. The rapamycin-sensitive phosphoproteome reveals that TOR controls protein kinase A toward some but not all substrates. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3475-86 pubmed publisher..MPK1 phosphorylates BCY1 T129 directly. Thus, TORC1 activates PKA toward some substrates by preventing MPK1-mediated activation of BCY1. ..
- Kapinos L, Burkhard P, Herrmann H, Aebi U, Strelkov S. Simultaneous formation of right- and left-handed anti-parallel coiled-coil interfaces by a coil2 fragment of human lamin A. J Mol Biol. 2011;408:135-46 pubmed publisher..Such an interface might co-exist with a heterotetrameric left-handed coiled-coil assembly, which is expected to be responsible for the longitudinal A(CN) contact. ..
- Ali H, Drewes S, Sadowska E, Mikowska M, Groschup M, Heckel G, et al. First molecular evidence for Puumala hantavirus in Poland. Viruses. 2014;6:340-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we herein present the first molecular evidence for PUUV in the rodent reservoir from Poland. ..
- Karagöz G, Duarte A, Akoury E, Ippel H, Biernat J, Morán Luengo T, et al. Hsp90-Tau complex reveals molecular basis for specificity in chaperone action. Cell. 2014;156:963-74 pubmed publisher..Our model resolves the paradox of how Hsp90 specifically selects for late folding intermediates but also for some intrinsically disordered proteins-through the eyes of Hsp90 they look the same. ..
- Pfister S, Markkanen E, Jiang Y, Sarkar S, Woodcock M, Orlando G, et al. Inhibiting WEE1 Selectively Kills Histone H3K36me3-Deficient Cancers by dNTP Starvation. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:557-568 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this synthetic lethality is suppressed by increasing RRM2 expression or inhibiting RRM2 degradation. Finally, we demonstrate that WEE1 inhibitor AZD1775 regresses H3K36me3-deficient tumor xenografts. ..
- Haefliger J, Tschopp J, Vial N, Jenne D. Complete primary structure and functional characterization of the sixth component of the human complement system. Identification of the C5b-binding domain in complement C6. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:18041-51 pubmed..Binding studies with filter-bound C6 fragments generated by proteolysis showed that the C5b-binding domain of C6 was located in the 34-kDa carboxyl terminal fragment consisting of two short consensus repeats and two factor I modules. ..
- Rodewald H, Kretzschmar K, Takeda S, Hohl C, Dessing M. Identification of pro-thymocytes in murine fetal blood: T lineage commitment can precede thymus colonization. EMBO J. 1994;13:4229-40 pubmed
- Barribeau S, Sadd B, du Plessis L, Schmid Hempel P. Gene expression differences underlying genotype-by-genotype specificity in a host-parasite system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:3496-501 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that alongside sequence variation in coding immunological genes, variation that controls immune gene expression can also produce patterns of host-parasite specificity. ..
- Grossniklaus U, Pearson R, Gehring W. The Drosophila sloppy paired locus encodes two proteins involved in segmentation that show homology to mammalian transcription factors. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1030-51 pubmed..The two genes appear to share an enhancer element situated upstream of slp1 that acts on both the proximal slp1 promoter and the distal slp2 promoter. ..
- Jenne D. Homology of placental protein 11 and pea seed albumin 2 with vitronectin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;176:1000-6 pubmed..Our finding shows that hemopexin-type repeats are present in extracellular as well as in cytosolic proteins and most likely originated before the divergence of the animal and plant kindoms. ..
- Percival Smith A, Muller M, Affolter M, Gehring W. The interaction with DNA of wild-type and mutant fushi tarazu homeodomains. EMBO J. 1990;9:3967-74 pubmed..These three points of contact allowed us to propose a crude orientation of the ftz HD within the protein-DNA complex. We find that the ftz HD and the Antp HD peptides contact DNA in a similar way. ..
- Aebi M, Fah J, Hurt N, Samuel C, Thomis D, Bazzigher L, et al. cDNA structures and regulation of two interferon-induced human Mx proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:5062-72 pubmed..In contrast to mouse Mx1 protein, which accumulates in the nuclei of IFN-treated mouse cells, the two human Mx proteins both accumulate in the cytoplasm of IFN-treated cells. ..
- Campbell K, Buder A, Deuschle U. Interactions between the amino-terminal domain of p56lck and cytoplasmic domains of CD4 and CD8 alpha in yeast. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:2408-12 pubmed..Though the two-hybrid system is a powerful tool for examining protein interactions, this result indicates potential limitations in studying full-length src family tyrosine kinases in yeast. ..
- Stucki U, Frey J, Nicolet J, Burnens A. Identification of Campylobacter jejuni on the basis of a species-specific gene that encodes a membrane protein. J Clin Microbiol. 1995;33:855-9 pubmed..jejuni on Western blots (immunoblots). The MAPA protein was present in all of the C. jejuni strains tested and was absent in C. coli and related campylobacters...
- Affolter M, Hemphill A, Roditi I, Muller N, Seebeck T. The repetitive microtubule-associated proteins MARP-1 and MARP-2 of Trypanosoma brucei. J Struct Biol. 1994;112:241-51 pubmed..This C-terminus does not show sequence similarity with any other microtubule-associated proteins and thus appears to represent a novel type of microtubule-binding domain. ..
- Fraefel C, Wirth U, Vogt B, Schwyzer M. Immediate-early transcription over covalently joined genome ends of bovine herpesvirus 1: the circ gene. J Virol. 1993;67:1328-33 pubmed..The novel features reported here for bovine herpesvirus 1 may constitute a more general property of herpesviruses...
- Cao Y, Wagner J, Hindmarsh P, Eble A, Mullis P. Isolated growth hormone deficiency: testing the little mouse hypothesis in man and exclusion of mutations within the extracellular domain of the growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor. Pediatr Res. 1995;38:962-6 pubmed..Although gross structural abnormalities in the whole gene have been ruled out in this study, mutations in the carboxyl terminus are still possible, and, therefore, the remaining part of the gene needs to be sequenced. ..
- Irmler M, Thome M, Hahne M, Schneider P, Hofmann K, Steiner V, et al. Inhibition of death receptor signals by cellular FLIP. Nature. 1997;388:190-5 pubmed..High levels of FLIP(L) protein are also detectable in melanoma cell lines and malignant melanoma tumours. Thus FLIP may be implicated in tissue homeostasis as an important regulator of apoptosis. ..
- Barabino S, Hubner W, Jenny A, Minvielle Sebastia L, Keller W. The 30-kD subunit of mammalian cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor and its yeast homolog are RNA-binding zinc finger proteins. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1703-16 pubmed..Efficient polyadenylation activity can be restored by the addition of purified polyadenylation factor I (PF I). We demonstrate that Yth1p is a component of PF I that interacts in vivo and in vitro with Fip1p, a known PF I subunit. ..
- Vilei E, Nicolet J, Frey J. IS1634, a novel insertion element creating long, variable-length direct repeats which is specific for Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small-colony type. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1319-23 pubmed..IS1634 is specific to M. mycoides subsp. mycoides SC and is not present in any of the other members of the M. mycoides cluster. Neither was it found in other closely related Mycoplasma species of ruminants...
- Gubler J, Schorr M, Gaia V, Zbinden R, Altwegg M. Recurrent soft tissue abscesses caused by Legionella cincinnatiensis. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:4568-70 pubmed
- Ren Q, Ahuja U, Thöny Meyer L. A bacterial cytochrome c heme lyase. CcmF forms a complex with the heme chaperone CcmE and CcmH but not with apocytochrome c. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7657-63 pubmed..We propose that CcmFH forms a bacterial heme lyase complex for the transfer of heme from CcmE to apocytochrome c. ..
- Rutschmann F, Stalder U, Piotrowski M, Oecking C, Schaller A. LeCPK1, a calcium-dependent protein kinase from tomato. Plasma membrane targeting and biochemical characterization. Plant Physiol. 2002;129:156-68 pubmed..Myristoylation of the LeCPK1 N terminus was found to be required for plasma membrane targeting. ..
- Chapdelaine Y, Kirk D, Karsies A, Hohn T, Leclerc D. Mutation of capsid protein phosphorylation sites abolishes cauliflower mosaic virus infectivity. J Virol. 2002;76:11748-52 pubmed..We discuss the possible role of phosphorylation in the processing and assembly of CaMV capsid protein. ..
- Gstaiger M, Luke B, Hess D, Oakeley E, Wirbelauer C, Blondel M, et al. Control of nutrient-sensitive transcription programs by the unconventional prefoldin URI. Science. 2003;302:1208-12 pubmed..Thus, URI is a component of a signaling pathway that coordinates nutrient availability with gene expression. ..
- Saborowski M, Kullak Ublick G, Eloranta J. The human organic cation transporter-1 gene is transactivated by hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;317:778-85 pubmed..In conclusion, the hOCT1 gene, encoding an important drug transporter in the human liver, is activated by HNF-4alpha and suppressed by bile acids via SHP. ..