Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Spain
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Peñas M, Rust B, Larraya L, Ramirez L, Pisabarro A. Differentially regulated, vegetative-mycelium-specific hydrophobins of the edible basidiomycete Pleurotus ostreatus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:3891-8 pubmed..The glycosylated nature of Vmh3 and its expression during vegetative growth and in fruit bodies suggest that it should play a role in development similar to that proposed for SC3 in Schizophyllum commune. ..
- Muntasell A, Carrascal M, Serradell L, Veelen Pv P, Verreck F, Koning F, et al. HLA-DR4 molecules in neuroendocrine epithelial cells associate to a heterogeneous repertoire of cytoplasmic and surface self peptides. J Immunol. 2002;169:5052-60 pubmed..This is specially relevant to processes involving epithelial T cell interactions such as organ-specific autoimmunity and transplant rejection. ..
- Rey M, Vicente Manzanares M, Viedma F, Yanez Mo M, Urzainqui A, Barreiro O, et al. Cutting edge: association of the motor protein nonmuscle myosin heavy chain-IIA with the C terminus of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2002;169:5410-4 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence of a biochemical association between chemokine receptors and motor proteins, a mechanosignaling mechanism that may have a key role in lymphocyte migration. ..
- López Maury L, Florencio F, Reyes J. Arsenic sensing and resistance system in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:5363-71 pubmed..DNase I footprinting experiments indicate that ArsR binds to two 17-bp direct repeats, with each one consisting of two inverted repeats, in the region from nucleotides -34 to + 17 of the arsBHC promoter-operator. ..
- Freire Picos M, Krishnamurthy S, Sun Z, Hampsey M. Evidence that the Tfg1/Tfg2 dimer interface of TFIIF lies near the active center of the RNA polymerase II initiation complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5045-52 pubmed..We propose that the TFIIF dimerization domain is located in proximity to the B-finger of TFIIB near the active center of RNAP II where the TFIIB-TFIIF-RNAP II interface plays a key role in start site selection. ..
- Hombr a J, Brown S, H der S, Zeidler M. Characterisation of Upd2, a Drosophila JAK/STAT pathway ligand. Dev Biol. 2005;288:420-33 pubmed publisher..The differing biophysical characteristics identified for Upd-like molecules have implications for their function in vivo and adds another aspect to our understanding of cytokine signalling in Drosophila...
- Reyes D, Rodriguez D, González García M, Lorenzo O, Nicolás G, García Martínez J, et al. Overexpression of a protein phosphatase 2C from beech seeds in Arabidopsis shows phenotypes related to abscisic acid responses and gibberellin biosynthesis. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:1414-24 pubmed..Moreover, our results indicate the existence of potential cross-talk between ABA signaling and GA biosynthesis. ..
- Mola G, Vela E, Fernandez Figueras M, Isamat M, Muñoz Mármol A. Exonization of Alu-generated splice variants in the survivin gene of human and non-human primates. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1055-63 pubmed..Sequence analysis of intron 2 which contains the Alu Y element was performed on different primate species in order to trace its insertion and exonization during primate evolution. ..
- Marín C, Fabre S, Sánchez Moreno M, Dollet M. Herpetomonas spp. isolated from tomato fruits (Lycopersicon esculentum) in southern Spain. Exp Parasitol. 2007;116:88-90 pubmed..The DNA sequence was obtained and its alignment with other trypasomatids, obtained using the BLAST algorithm, suggested it was closely related to Herpetomonas samuelpessoai. ..
- Guardado Calvo P, Llamas Saiz A, Fox G, Langlois P, van Raaij M. Structure of the C-terminal head domain of the fowl adenovirus type 1 long fiber. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2407-16 pubmed
- de Pereda J, Lillo M, Sonnenberg A. Structural basis of the interaction between integrin alpha6beta4 and plectin at the hemidesmosomes. EMBO J. 2009;28:1180-90 pubmed publisher..This conformational switch is correlated with the way alpha6beta4 promotes stable adhesion or cell migration and suggests an allosteric control of the integrin...
- Gómez García I, Kortazar D, Oyenarte I, Mato J, Martinez Chantar M, Martinez Cruz L. Purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of protein MJ1225 from Methanocaldococcus jannaschii, a putative archaeal homologue of gamma-AMPK. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:813-7 pubmed publisher..95, c = 148.08 A, alpha = beta = 90.00, gamma = 120.00 degrees . Preliminary analysis of the X-ray data indicated that there was one molecule per asymmetric unit...
- Viana D, Blanco J, Tormo Más M, Selva L, Guinane C, Baselga R, et al. Adaptation of Staphylococcus aureus to ruminant and equine hosts involves SaPI-carried variants of von Willebrand factor-binding protein. Mol Microbiol. 2010;77:1583-94 pubmed..We suggest that the SaPI-encoded vWbps may represent an important host adaptation mechanism for S. aureus pathogenicity, and therefore that acquisition of vWbp-encoding SaPIs may be determinative for animal specificity. ..
- Culurgioni S, Muñoz I, Moreno A, Palacios A, Villate M, Palmero I, et al. Crystal structure of inhibitor of growth 4 (ING4) dimerization domain reveals functional organization of ING family of chromatin-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10876-84 pubmed publisher..Homology modeling based on the ING4 structure suggests that other ING dimers may also exist. ..
- García Gutiérrez P, Mundi M, Garcia Dominguez M. Association of bromodomain BET proteins with chromatin requires dimerization through the conserved motif B. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3671-80 pubmed..By contrast, a deletion mutant of motif B fails to perform in this way, highlighting the relevance of this domain for Brd2 function. ..
- Marti Masso J, Bergareche A, Makarov V, Ruiz Martinez J, Gorostidi A, Lopez de Munain A, et al. The ACMSD gene, involved in tryptophan metabolism, is mutated in a family with cortical myoclonus, epilepsy, and parkinsonism. J Mol Med (Berl). 2013;91:1399-406 pubmed publisher..ACMSD mutation contributes to the development of FCMTE QA accumulation is likely to play an important role in the pathogenesis of FCMTE. The kynurenine pathway as a potential drug target for the treatment of epilepsy. ..
- Arnaiz Villena A, Timon M, Corell A, Perez Aciego P, Martin Villa J, Regueiro J. Brief report: primary immunodeficiency caused by mutations in the gene encoding the CD3-gamma subunit of the T-lymphocyte receptor. N Engl J Med. 1992;327:529-33 pubmed
- Royo T, Ayte J, Albericio F, Giralt E, Haro D, Hegardt F. Diurnal rhythm of rat liver cytosolic 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA synthase. Biochem J. 1991;280 ( Pt 1):61-4 pubmed..HMG-CoA synthase mRNA levels were approx. 4-fold higher during the peak at D6 than in the nadir at D2. These results point to a transcriptional and translational regulation of the cytosolic HMG-CoA synthase. ..
- Gallego P, Whotton L, Picton S, Grierson D, Gray J. A role for glutamate decarboxylase during tomato ripening: the characterisation of a cDNA encoding a putative glutamate decarboxylase with a calmodulin-binding site. Plant Mol Biol. 1995;27:1143-51 pubmed..This mRNA was present at much lower levels in other tissues, such as leaves, roots and stem, and was not increased by wounding. Possible roles for GAD, and its product gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in fruit, are discussed. ..
- Malumbres M, Mateos L, Lumbreras M, Guerrero C, Martin J. Analysis and expression of the thrC gene of Brevibacterium lactofermentum and characterization of the encoded threonine synthase. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1994;60:2209-19 pubmed..8-kDa protein, as shown by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The purified enzyme required pyridoxal phosphate as its only cofactor to convert homoserine phosphate into threonine. ..
- Posas F, Casamayor A, Arino J. The PPZ protein phosphatases are involved in the maintenance of osmotic stability of yeast cells. FEBS Lett. 1993;318:282-6 pubmed..The evidence obtained suggests that PPZ1 and PPZ2 may be structurally and functionally related and points to an involvement of these phosphatases in functions related to the maintenance of cell integrity. ..
- Martin C, Flores A, Cuezva J. Cpn60 is exclusively localized into mitochondria of rat liver and embryonic Drosophila cells. J Cell Biochem. 1995;59:235-45 pubmed
- Martin Burriel I, Goldammer T, Elduque C, Lundin M, Barendse W, Zaragoza P, et al. Physical and linkage mapping of the bovine bone morphogenetic protein 1 on the evolutionary break region of BTA 8. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;79:179-83 pubmed..Physical and genetic mapping of the bovine BMP1 gene contribute to narrow the boundary between the HSA 8 and HSA 9 homology segments on BTA 8 and to the comparative mapping between BTA 8, murine chromosome MMU 14, and HSA 8. ..
- Benito A, Mateu M, Villaverde A. Improved mimicry of a foot-and-mouth disease virus antigenic site by a viral peptide displayed on beta-galactosidase surface. Biotechnology (N Y). 1995;13:801-4 pubmed
- Ramos R, Martinez Salas E. Long-range RNA interactions between structural domains of the aphthovirus internal ribosome entry site (IRES). RNA. 1999;5:1374-83 pubmed..RNA interactions were also observed at physiological concentrations of Mg2+ and K1+. The identification of the RNA-RNA complexes reported here provide direct experimental evidence of tertiary interactions within IRES elements. ..
- Hernández Torres J, Yunta M, Lazo P. Differential cooperation between regulatory sequences required for human CD53 gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35405-13 pubmed..This Sp1 site also cooperates with another ets-1/PU.1 site at -172. Different cell types use different regulatory sequences in the enhanceosome for the expression of the same gene. ..
- Sanchez Diaz A, Blanco M, Jones N, Moreno S. HBP2: a new mammalian protein that complements the fission yeast MBF transcription complex. Curr Genet. 2001;40:110-8 pubmed..The mammalian HBP2 activates transcription at G1/S in the fission yeast Sch. pombe. ..
- Kanhonou R, Serrano R, Palau R. A catalytic subunit of the sugar beet protein kinase CK2 is induced by salt stress and increases NaCl tolerance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Plant Mol Biol. 2001;47:571-9 pubmed..The mRNA levels of BvCKA2 were up-regulated in response to NaCl stress which suggests that protein kinase CK2 may be involved in the plant response to salt stress. ..
- López Rodríguez M, Murcia M, Benhamu B, Olivella M, Campillo M, Pardo L. Computational model of the complex between GR113808 and the 5-HT4 receptor guided by site-directed mutagenesis and the crystal structure of rhodopsin. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2001;15:1025-33 pubmed
- Llama Palacios A, Lopez Solanilla E, Poza Carrión C, García Olmedo F, Rodriguez Palenzuela P. The Erwinia chrysanthemi phoP-phoQ operon plays an important role in growth at low pH, virulence and bacterial survival in plant tissue. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:347-57 pubmed..This gene was induced at low Mg(2+) concentrations and in planta. These results suggest that E. chrysanthemi PhoP-PhoQ system plays an important role in bacterial survival in plant tissues during the initial infection stages...
- Delgado M, Bonnard N, Tresierra Ayala A, Bedmar E, M ller P. The Bradyrhizobium japonicum napEDABC genes encoding the periplasmic nitrate reductase are essential for nitrate respiration. Microbiology. 2003;149:3395-403 pubmed publisher..japonicum under nitrate-respiring conditions. The promoter region of the napEDABC genes has been characterized by primer extension. A major transcript initiates 66.5 bp downstream of the centre of a putative FNR-like binding site...
- Rivas R, Trujillo M, Mateos P, Martínez Molina E, Velázquez E. Agromyces ulmi sp. nov., a xylanolytic bacterium isolated from Ulmus nigra in Spain. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1987-90 pubmed..The DNA G+C content determined for the type strain XIL01(T) was 72 mol%. Based on the data presented, a novel species Agromyces ulmi sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is XIL01(T) (=LMG 21954(T)=DSM 15747(T)). ..
- García Estepa R, Argandoña M, Reina Bueno M, Capote N, Iglesias Guerra F, Nieto J, et al. The ectD gene, which is involved in the synthesis of the compatible solute hydroxyectoine, is essential for thermoprotection of the halophilic bacterium Chromohalobacter salexigens. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:3774-84 pubmed..All of these data reveal that hydroxyectoine synthesis mediated by the ectD gene is thermoregulated and essential for thermoprotection of C. salexigens...
- Prado Cabrero A, Estrada A, Al Babili S, Avalos J. Identification and biochemical characterization of a novel carotenoid oxygenase: elucidation of the cleavage step in the Fusarium carotenoid pathway. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:448-60 pubmed..In agreement with its role in carotenoid biosynthesis, the carT transcript levels are induced by light and upregulated in carotenoid-overproducing mutants, as already found for other car genes. ..
- Sánchez Barrena M, Fujii H, Angulo I, Martinez Ripoll M, Zhu J, Albert A. The structure of the C-terminal domain of the protein kinase AtSOS2 bound to the calcium sensor AtSOS3. Mol Cell. 2007;26:427-35 pubmed..Furthermore, our study suggests that the structure of the phosphatase-interaction domain of SOS2 defines a scaffold module conserved from yeast to human. ..
- Asunción García Sánchez M, Martín Rodrigues N, Ramos B, de Vega Bartol J, Perlin M, Díaz Mínguez J. fost12, the Fusarium oxysporum homolog of the transcription factor Ste12, is upregulated during plant infection and required for virulence. Fungal Genet Biol. 2010;47:216-25 pubmed publisher..oxysporum strains during axenic growth suggest that the fost12 gene product is a virulence factor required to deal with the nutritional stress confronted by the pathogen during host plant colonization. ..
- Troncoso Ponce M, Rivoal J, Cejudo F, Dorion S, Garces R, Martínez Force E. Cloning, biochemical characterisation, tissue localisation and possible post-translational regulatory mechanism of the cytosolic phosphoglucose isomerase from developing sunflower seeds. Planta. 2010;232:845-59 pubmed publisher..Our results point to the existence of a possible post-translational regulatory mechanism during seed development. Immunolocalisation of the protein in seed tissues further indicated that cPGI is highly expressed in the procambial ring. ..
- Garcia Etxebarria K, Jugo B. Genome-wide detection and characterization of endogenous retroviruses in Bos taurus. J Virol. 2010;84:10852-62 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of using multiple methods when trying to identify new ERVs and shows that the number of bovine ERV families is not as limited as previously thought...
- García Sureda L, Doménech Sánchez A, Barbier M, Juan C, Gascó J, Alberti S. OmpK26, a novel porin associated with carbapenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:4742-7 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae but cannot restore the fitness of the microorganism. ..
- Ramirez H, Reina R, Bertolotti L, Cenoz A, Hernández M, San Roman B, et al. Study of compartmentalization in the visna clinical form of small ruminant lentivirus infection in sheep. BMC Vet Res. 2012;8:8 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to analyze heterogeneity of SRLV Env regions--TM amino terminal and SU V4, C4 and V5 segments--in order to assess virus compartmentalization in CNS...
- Burgarella C, Navascués M, Zabal Aguirre M, Berganzo E, Riba M, Mayol M, et al. Recent population decline and selection shape diversity of taxol-related genes. Mol Ecol. 2012;21:3006-21 pubmed publisher..Such natural selection processes may have produced taxane variants still undiscovered. ..
- Alonso J, Górzny M, Bittner A. The physics of tobacco mosaic virus and virus-based devices in biotechnology. Trends Biotechnol. 2013;31:530-8 pubmed publisher..We believe that the current progress in nanobiotechnology makes the fabrication of functional TMV-based biotechnology devices simpler than ever. ..
- González Crespo S, Boronat A. Expression of the rat growth hormone-releasing hormone gene in placenta is directed by an alternative promoter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:8749-53 pubmed..Multiple transcription initiation sites have been found in the placental GHRH mRNA, which correlates to the lack of a consensus TATA box in the promoter region. ..
- Borras F, Lloberas J, Maki R, Celada A. Repression of I-A beta gene expression by the transcription factor PU.1. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24385-91 pubmed..When PU.1 was added to the assay, a supershifted DNA band was found, indicating that PU.1 and NFY proteins bind to the same DNA molecule. We conclude that I-A beta gene expression is repressed by PU.1 binding to the PU box domain. ..
- Campos Caro A, Smillie F, Dominguez del Toro E, Rovira J, Vicente Agullo F, Chapuli J, et al. Neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on bovine chromaffin cells: cloning, expression, and genomic organization of receptor subunits. J Neurochem. 1997;68:488-97 pubmed..This fact is probably due to inefficient transcription termination, as a result of weak polyadenylation signals. ..
- Hidalgo E, Limon A, Aguilar J. A second Escherichia coli gene with similarity to gapA. Microbiologia. 1996;12:99-106 pubmed..coli genome. It seems likely that the genes encode products with different cellular functions. The origin of these three copies of the gap gene by horizontal transfer or by duplication of an ancestral gene is discussed. ..
- Hernandez G, Diez Del Corral R, Santoyo J, Campuzano S, Sierra J. Localization, structure and expression of the gene for translation initiation factor eIF-4E from Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1997;253:624-33 pubmed..It is ubiquitously expressed during embryogenesis but transcripts preferentially accumulate in certain tissues, particularly in the pole cells, at different developmental stages. ..
- Martinez Mir A, Bayes M, Vilageliu L, Grinberg D, Ayuso C, del Rio T, et al. A new locus for autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa (RP19) maps to 1p13-1p21. Genomics. 1997;40:142-6 pubmed..Exhaustive ophthalmologic examination of the patients clearly distinguished the disease from the Stargardt and FFM phenotypes and revealed an atypical form of arRP with choroidal atrophy as a distinctive feature. ..
- Villegas V, Viguera A, Aviles F, Serrano L. Stabilization of proteins by rational design of alpha-helix stability using helix/coil transition theory. Fold Des. 1996;1:29-34 pubmed..In this work we demonstrate that by using a helix/coil algorithm to design helix-stabilizing mutations on the solvent-exposed face of helices, it is possible to rationally increase the stability of proteins. ..
- Mayo B, Derzelle S, Fernandez M, Leonard C, Ferain T, Hols P, et al. Cloning and characterization of cspL and cspP, two cold-inducible genes from Lactobacillus plantarum. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:3039-42 pubmed..Transcription of cspP rendered a single mRNA, while two cspL mRNAs were found with common 5' ends. The amounts of these transcripts increased moderately upon exposure of the cultures to cold. ..
- Sánchez Andújar B, Coronado C, Philip Hollingsworth S, Dazzo F, Palomares A. Structure and role in symbiosis of the exoB gene of Rhizobium leguminosarum bv trifolii. Mol Gen Genet. 1997;255:131-40 pubmed..The exoB mutant induced the development of abnormal root nodules and was almost completely unable to invade plant cells. Our results stress the importance of exoB in the Rhizobium-plant interaction. ..
- Mezquita J, Pau M, Mezquita C. Four isoforms of the signal-transduction and RNA-binding protein QKI expressed during chicken spermatogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 1998;50:70-8 pubmed..The 5-kb message, the predominant form in adult testis, presents heterogeneity in the coding region, showing insertions of 51 and 75 bp and a deletion of 24 bp, which gives rise to four possible isoforms of the protein...
- Ferr ndiz M, Fenoll A, Li ares J, de la Campa A. Horizontal transfer of parC and gyrA in fluoroquinolone-resistant clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000;44:840-7 pubmed..These results are evidence for recombination at the fluoroquinolone target genes in clinical isolates of S. pneumoniae. The genetically related viridans group streptococci could act as a reservoir for fluoroquinolone resistance genes...
- Lazo P, Nadal M, Ferrer M, Area E, Hernández Torres J, Nabokina S, et al. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, alternative splicing, and isoforms of the human synaptosome-associated protein-23 gene implicated in vesicle-membrane fusion processes. Hum Genet. 2001;108:211-5 pubmed..Alterations in the SNAP23 gene might be involved in neurological and other diseases with defects in vesicle-membrane fusion processes that map to 15q15-21. ..
- Aguilera M, Monteoliva Sanchez M, Suarez A, Guerra V, Lizama C, Bennasar A, et al. Paenibacillus jamilae sp. nov., an exopolysaccharide-producing bacterium able to grow in olive-mill wastewater. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2001;51:1687-92 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is B.3T (= CECT 5266T = DSM 13815T)...
- Baroja Fernandez E, Munoz F, Akazawa T, Pozueta Romero J. Reappraisal of the currently prevailing model of starch biosynthesis in photosynthetic tissues: a proposal involving the cytosolic production of ADP-glucose by sucrose synthase and occurrence of cyclic turnover of starch in the chloroplast. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:1311-20 pubmed
- Jara M, Núñez C, Campoy S, Fernández de Henestrosa A, Lovley D, Barbe J. Geobacter sulfurreducens has two autoregulated lexA genes whose products do not bind the recA promoter: differing responses of lexA and recA to DNA damage. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:2493-502 pubmed..G. sulfurreducens is the first bacterial species harboring a lexA gene for which a constitutive expression of its recA gene has been described. ..
- Maz n G, Erill I, Campoy S, Cort s P, Forano E, Barb J. Reconstruction of the evolutionary history of the LexA-binding sequence. Microbiology. 2004;150:3783-95 pubmed publisher..This constitutes the first report based on experimental evidence of lateral gene transfer in the evolution of a gene governing such a complex regulatory network as the bacterial SOS system...
- Bodoy S, Martin L, Zorzano A, Palacin M, Estévez R, Bertran J. Identification of LAT4, a novel amino acid transporter with system L activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12002-11 pubmed..In situ hybridization experiments show that LAT4 mRNA is restricted to the epithelial cells of the distal tubule and the collecting duct in the kidney. In the intestine, LAT4 is mainly present in the cells of the crypt. ..
- Nagano C, Debray H, Nascimento K, Pinto V, Cavada B, Saker Sampaio S, et al. HCA and HML isolated from the red marine algae Hypnea cervicornis and Hypnea musciformis define a novel lectin family. Protein Sci. 2005;14:2167-76 pubmed..The six conserved cysteines in each domain may form three intrachain cysteine linkages, and the unique cysteine residues of the N-terminal (Cys46) and the C-terminal (Cys71) domains may form an intersubunit disulfide bond. ..
- Crespo J, Díaz Troya S, Florencio F. Inhibition of target of rapamycin signaling by rapamycin in the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1736-49 pubmed..Thus, our findings suggest that Chlamydomonas cell growth is positively controlled by a conserved TOR kinase and establish this unicellular alga as a useful model system for studying TOR signaling in photosynthetic eukaryotes. ..
- Mart E, Gisbert C, Bishop G, Dixon M, Garc a Mart nez J. Genetic and physiological characterization of tomato cv. Micro-Tom. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:2037-47 pubmed publisher..fulvum and almost as dwarf as Micro-Tom, has been generated from the cross of Cf0xMicro-Tom. This line represents a valuable resource for future analysis of Cf resistance genes through breeding or transformation...
- Rodriguez Martin I, Herrero Turrion M, Marron Fdez de Velasco E, Gonzalez Sarmiento R, Rodriguez R. Characterization of two duplicate zebrafish Cb2-like cannabinoid receptors. Gene. 2007;389:36-44 pubmed..Given the importance of the existence of duplication of genes in teleosts, the combined analysis of these two new cannabinoid receptors opens a new exciting door to investigate and understand cannabinoid function throughout evolution. ..
- Zolezzi P, Cepero P, Ruiz J, Laplana L, Calvo C, Gómez Lus R. Molecular epidemiology of macrolide and tetracycline resistances in commensal Gemella sp. isolates. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:1487-90 pubmed..The 12 Gemella haemolysans strains belonged to different PFGE types. The clonal diversity found suggests that horizontal transfer may be the main route through which erythromycin resistance is acquired...
- Pina A, Errea P. Differential induction of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene expression in response to in vitro callus unions of Prunus spp. J Plant Physiol. 2008;165:705-14 pubmed..However, staining with Naturstoff reagent A confirmed the highest accumulation of soluble and wall-bound phenolic compounds at the graft interface of incompatible unions. ..
- Selga E, Noe V, Ciudad C. Transcriptional regulation of aldo-keto reductase 1C1 in HT29 human colon cancer cells resistant to methotrexate: role in the cell cycle and apoptosis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:414-26 pubmed..Finally, overexpression of AKR1C1 in MTX sensitive HT29 cells conferred resistance to the chemotherapeutic agent and silencing of AKR1C1 by means of iRNA technology sensitized the cells to MTX. ..
- Fernandez D, Testero S, Vendrell J, Aviles F, Mobashery S. The X-ray structure of carboxypeptidase A inhibited by a thiirane mechanism-based inhibitor. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2010;75:29-34 pubmed publisher..This particular type of thiirane-based metalloprotease inhibitor is for the first time analyzed in complex to the target protease at high resolution and may be used as a general model for zinc-dependent proteases. ..
- Pérez Rentero S, Garibotti A, Eritja R. Solid-phase synthesis of oligodeoxynucleotides containing N4-[2-(t-butyldisulfanyl)ethyl]-5-methylcytosine moieties. Molecules. 2010;15:5692-707 pubmed publisher..The resulting thiolated oligonucleotides are useful intermediates to generate oligonucleotide conjugates carrying molecules of interest at internal positions of a DNA sequence. ..
- Grillo Bosch D, Rabanal F, Giralt E. Improved Fmoc-based solid-phase synthesis of homologous peptide fragments of human and mouse prion proteins. J Pept Sci. 2011;17:32-8 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we support PEG-based resins as an efficient synthetic tool to prepare peptide sequences prone to aggregate on-resin. ..
- Fernandez M, Morgan R, Fernandez M, Carcedo M. The gene encoding human annexin V has a TATA-less promoter with a high G+C content. Gene. 1994;149:253-60 pubmed..ANX5, like its chick homologue, differs from the genes encoding annexins I, II and III in features of its promoter and in the size of its exons 1, 2 and 3 in ways that may impart individuality to its regulation and function. ..
- García Ortiz M, Roldan Arjona T, Ariza R. The noncatalytic C-terminus of AtPOLK Y-family DNA polymerase affects synthesis fidelity, mismatch extension and translesion replication. FEBS J. 2007;274:3340-50 pubmed..These results suggest that, in addition to facilitating recruitment to the replication fork, the C-terminus of Y-family DNA polymerases may also play a role in the kinetic control of their enzymatic activity. ..
- Saiz J, Cairo J, Medina M, Zuidema D, Abrams C, Belsham G, et al. Unprocessed foot-and-mouth disease virus capsid precursor displays discontinuous epitopes involved in viral neutralization. J Virol. 1994;68:4557-64 pubmed
- Sanz M, Trilla J, Duran A, Roncero C. Control of chitin synthesis through Shc1p, a functional homologue of Chs4p specifically induced during sporulation. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1183-95 pubmed
- L pez Labrador F, Moya A, Gonz lez Candelas F. Mapping natural polymorphisms of hepatitis C virus NS3/4A protease and antiviral resistance to inhibitors in worldwide isolates. Antivir Ther. 2008;13:481-94 pubmed..These data will help to determine whether HCV resistance is likely to be selected with new PIs and will aid the design of genotypic resistance testing...
- Mulet M, Gomila M, Scotta C, Sanchez D, Lalucat J, García Valdés E. Concordance between whole-cell matrix-assisted laser-desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry and multilocus sequence analysis approaches in species discrimination within the genus Pseudomonas. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2012;35:455-64 pubmed publisher..The utility of both methods in the identification of environmental and clinical strains is discussed...
- Tercero J, Espinosa J, Jimenez A. StgR, a new Streptomyces alboniger member of the LysR family of transcriptional regulators. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;259:475-83 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that StgR is a LysR-type transcriptional repressor of both stgA and stgU. ..
- Barragan I, Marcos I, Borrego S, Antinolo G. Mutation screening of three candidate genes, ELOVL5, SMAP1 and GLULD1 in autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa. Int J Mol Med. 2005;16:1163-7 pubmed..Nevertheless, we could not rule them out as good candidates for other retinal degeneration mapping to the same chromosomal region. ..
- Garcia Calero E, Garda A, Marin F, Puelles L. Expression of Lrrn1 marks the prospective site of the zona limitans thalami in the early embryonic chicken diencephalon. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:879-85 pubmed..Caudally, the midbrain domain ends at the isthmo-mesencephalic junction throughout the studied period. Embryonic Lrrn1 signal also appears in the somites and in the otic vesicle. ..
- Eydallin G, Morán Zorzano M, Muñoz F, Baroja Fernandez E, Montero M, Alonso Casajús N, et al. An Escherichia coli mutant producing a truncated inactive form of GlgC synthesizes glycogen: further evidences for the occurrence of various important sources of ADPglucose in enterobacteria. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4417-22 pubmed..By contrast, AC70R1-504 cells with high ADPG hydrolase activity accumulated low glycogen. These data further confirm that enterobacteria possess various sources of ADPglucose linked to glycogen biosynthesis. ..
- Liras P, Asturias J, Martin J. Phosphate control sequences involved in transcriptional regulation of antibiotic biosynthesis. Trends Biotechnol. 1990;8:184-9 pubmed..From computer analysis of sequence data, PC sequences appear to be associated with promoter regions of several phosphate-controlled antibiotic biosynthetic genes. ..
- Catasus L, Villegas V, Pascual R, Aviles F, Wicker Planquart C, Puigserver A. cDNA cloning and sequence analysis of human pancreatic procarboxypeptidase A1. Biochem J. 1992;287 ( Pt 1):299-303 pubmed
- Flores Félix J, Carro L, Velázquez E, Valverde A, Cerda Castillo E, García Fraile P, et al. Phyllobacterium endophyticum sp. nov., isolated from nodules of Phaseolus vulgaris. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:821-6 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed; the type strain is PEPV15(T) (?=?LMG 26470(T)?=?CECT 7949(T)). An emended description of the genus Phyllobacterium is also provided. ..
- Vilagrasa X, Mezquita C, Mezquita J. Differential expression of bcl-2 and bcl-x during chicken spermatogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;47:26-9 pubmed..Differential expression of bcl-2 and bcl-x during spermatogenesis is consistent with the reported different susceptibility to apoptosis of spermatogonia, and meiotic and postmeiotic cells. ..
- Bayes A, Fernandez D, Sola M, Marrero A, García Piqué S, Aviles F, et al. Caught after the Act: a human A-type metallocarboxypeptidase in a product complex with a cleaved hexapeptide. Biochemistry. 2007;46:6921-30 pubmed..159 and 0.176, respectively). These studies provide detailed information about subsites S5-S1' and contribute to our knowledge of the cleavage mechanism, which is revisited in light of these new structural insights. ..
- Chenoll E, Casinos B, Bataller E, Astals P, Echevarria J, Iglesias J, et al. Novel probiotic Bifidobacterium bifidum CECT 7366 strain active against the pathogenic bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:1335-43 pubmed publisher..In summary, the results presented here demonstrate that Bifidobacterium bifidum CECT 7366 can be considered a probiotic able to inhibit H. pylori both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Novials A, Vidal J, Franco C, Ribera F, Sener A, Malaisse W, et al. Mutation in the calcium-binding domain of the mitochondrial glycerophosphate dehydrogenase gene in a family of diabetic subjects. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;231:570-2 pubmed..In the diabetic proband, the relative extent of the Ca(2+)-induced activation of m-GDH in CD3+ T-lymphocytes was lower than in his brother with a normal m-GDH gene sequence. ..
- Balcells L, Gomez N, Casamayor A, Clotet J, Arino J. Regulation of salt tolerance in fission yeast by a protein-phosphatase-Z-like Ser/Thr protein phosphatase. Eur J Biochem. 1997;250:476-83 pubmed..Therefore, the finding of a PPZ-like protein phosphatase involved in the regulation of salt tolerance in fission yeast reveals unexpected aspects of cation homeostasis in this organism. ..
- Escalante R, Sastre L. A Serum Response Factor homolog is required for spore differentiation in Dictyostelium. Development. 1998;125:3801-8 pubmed
- Ramos Morales F, Dominguez A, Romero F, Luna R, Multon M, Pintor Toro J, et al. Cell cycle regulated expression and phosphorylation of hpttg proto-oncogene product. Oncogene. 2000;19:403-9 pubmed..These results suggest that hpttg is induced by, and may have a role in, regulatory pathways involved in the control of cell proliferation. ..