Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Hwang H, Park S, Kim J. Crystal structure of cbbF from Zymomonas mobilis and its functional implication. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:78-83 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, two ?-strands of ?1 and ?2 are disordered in the ZmcbbF structure. These data indicate that ZmcbbF might structurally belong to IMPase, and imply that its active site would be reorganized in a yet unreported way. ..
- Jeong J, Kim S, Yoon S, Park J, Lee J. Characterization of the conserved region of the mxaF gene that encodes the large subunit of methanol dehydrogenase from a marine methylotrophic bacterium. Mol Cells. 2002;13:369-76 pubmed..The aligned amino acid sequences show that several key amino acids that are required for the MDH enzyme activity are located in the deduced MxaF peptide, together with tryptophan-docking motifs, called W4 and W5. ..
- Kwun H, Lee J, Min D, Jang K. Transcriptional repression of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 gene by phospholipase D1 and D2. FEBS Lett. 2003;544:38-44 pubmed..Taken together, we suggest that PLD isozymes stimulate cell growth by repressing expression of p21 gene, which may ultimately lead to carcinogenesis. ..
- Jeong J, Kim G, Yoon S, Park S, Kim Y, Sung C, et al. Molecular analysis of S gene of spike glycoprotein of winter dysentery bovine coronavirus circulated in Korea during 2002-2003. Virus Res. 2005;108:207-12 pubmed..These data suggest that the WD strains circulated in Korea had a genetic property of both RBCV and EBCV and were significantly distinct from the ancestral enteric strain. ..
- Choi J, Nam K, Min B, Kim S, Soll D, Kwon S. Protein trans-splicing and characterization of a split family B-type DNA polymerase from the hyperthermophilic archaeal parasite Nanoarchaeum equitans. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:1093-106 pubmed..Our results are the first evidence to show experimentally that natural protein trans-splicing occurs in an archaeal protein, a thermostable protein, and a family B-type DNA polymerase...
- Choi M, Sun H, Park R, Kim C, Bai Y, Kim Y, et al. Effect of the crp mutation on the utilization of transferrin-bound iron by Vibrio vulnificus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;257:285-92 pubmed..These results indicate that crp mutation attenuates the ability to grow on transferrin-bound iron and in a human body fluid by down-regulating the vulnibactin-mediated iron-uptake system. ..
- Kim H, Lim H, Rho S, Eom S, Park C. Hydrophobic interface between two regulators of K+ conductance domains critical for calcium-dependent activation of large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38573-81 pubmed..The hydrophobic interaction appears to be critical for the Ca(2+)-dependent gating of the large conductance Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channel. ..
- Kim M, Na J, Lee T, Im W, Soung N, Yang D. Solirubrobacter soli sp. nov., isolated from soil of a ginseng field. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:1453-5 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is Gsoil 355(T) (=KCTC 12628(T)=LMG 23485(T)). ..
- Min W, Lim H, Lee Y, Sung S, Kim B, Kim S. Identification of a third haplotype of the sequence linked to the Restorer-of-fertility (Rf) gene and its implications for male-sterility phenotypes in peppers (Capsicum annuum L.). Mol Cells. 2008;25:20-9 pubmed
- Lim H, Park B, Choi H, Park C, Eom S, Ahnn J. Identification and characterization of a putative C. elegans potassium channel gene (Ce-slo-2) distantly related to Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels. Gene. 1999;240:35-43 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that Ce-slo-2 may constitute an evolutionarily conserved gene encoding a potassium channel that has specific functions in neuronal cells. ..
- Oh S, Hahn H, Torrey T, Shin H, Choi W, Lee Y, et al. Identification of the human homologue of mouse KIF4, a kinesin superfamily motor protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1493:219-24 pubmed..Comparison of the ORF with that of mKIF4 revealed some dissimilarities in the putative cargo binding domain which might affect binding specificities. ..
- Lee J, Im Y, Rho S, Park S, Kim M, Cho S, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of class II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase from Thermus caldophilus. Protein Pept Lett. 2003;10:511-5 pubmed..9, b = 113.1, c = 115.7 A), with four molecules in the asymmetric unit. A complete diffraction data set was obtained from orthorhombic crystals at resolution of 2.2 A. ..
- Jang S, Ishihara A, Back K. Production of coumaroylserotonin and feruloylserotonin in transgenic rice expressing pepper hydroxycinnamoyl-coenzyme A:serotonin N-(hydroxycinnamoyl)transferase. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:346-56 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of SHT activity and the first demonstration, to our knowledge, that serotonin derivatives can be overproduced in vivo in transgenic rice plants that express serotonin N-(hydroxycinnamoyl)transferase...
- Yang D, Im W, Kim M, Lee S. Pseudoxanthomonas koreensis sp. nov. and Pseudoxanthomonas daejeonensis sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:787-91 pubmed..nov. and Pseudoxanthomonas daejeonensis sp. nov., respectively, are proposed...
- Jung S, Lee M, Oh T, Yoon J. Herbaspirillum rhizosphaerae sp. nov., isolated from rhizosphere soil of Allium victorialis var. platyphyllum. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:2284-8 pubmed..nov. is proposed, with the type strain UMS-37(T) (=KCTC 12558(T) =CIP 108917(T))...
- Han H, Jang S, Park G, Kook J, Shin J, Shin S, et al. Identification of an atypical integron carrying an IS26-disrupted aadA1 gene cassette in Acinetobacter baumannii. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008;32:165-9 pubmed publisher..Integron-IS26 is located chromosomally. ..
- Xianglan C, Ko K, Singaravelu G, Ahnn J. Novel calcineurin interacting protein-2: the functional characterization of CNP-2 in Caenorhabditis elegans. BMB Rep. 2008;41:455-60 pubmed..However, no gross defects were revealed in these RNAi experiments. CNP-2 was proven to be a Cn binding protein; however, its role remains to be elucidated. ..
- Huang L, Cui J, Piao H, Hong Y, Choy H, Ryu P. Molecular cloning and characterization of clyA genes in various serotypes of Salmonella enterica. J Microbiol. 2010;48:663-7 pubmed publisher..enterica serovar Typhi ClyA. The present results suggest that ClyA may play a role in the pathogenesis of S. enterica serovar Brandenburg, Indiana, Panama and Schwarzengrund. ..
- Kang J, Lee K, Sohn W, Na B. Identification and functional characterization of CsStefin-1, a cysteine protease inhibitor of Clonorchis sinensis. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2011;177:126-34 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively suggest the regulatory functions of CsStefin-1, modulation of CsCFs activity and processing, to protect the parasite from superfluous damage by the endogenous cysteine proteases. ..
- Park S, Jung Y, Yoon J. Algibacter miyuki sp. nov., a member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from leachate of a brown algae reservoir. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2013;104:253-60 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is WS-MY6(T) (=KCTC 32382(T) =CECT 8300(T)). ..
- Lee S, Jang T, Park H. Molecular basis for homo-dimerization of the CIDE domain revealed by the crystal structure of the CIDE-N domain of FSP27. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:564-9 pubmed publisher..Our homo-dimeric structure of the CIDE-N domain of FSP27 will provide important information that will enable better understanding of the function of FSP27. ..
- Noh J, Patnaik B, Tindwa H, Seo G, Kim D, Patnaik H, et al. Genomic organization, sequence characterization and expression analysis of Tenebrio molitor apolipophorin-III in response to an intracellular pathogen, Listeria monocytogenes. Gene. 2014;534:204-17 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes or E. coli challenge. These results indicate that TmapoLp-III may play an important role in innate immune responses against bacterial pathogens in T. molitor...
- Zhao C, Choi Y, Khadka D, Jin Y, Lee K, Cho W. Design and synthesis of novel androgen receptor antagonists via molecular modeling. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:789-801 pubmed publisher..The methods here provide a guide for future development of drug candidates through structure-based drug discovery and chemical modifications. ..
- Lee Y, Lee J, Yang I, Hahn Y, Lee Y, Chung J. Genomic structure and expression of murine poly(A) binding protein II gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1395:40-6 pubmed..The expression level of the mPABII gene varied among tissues. Besides two transcripts detected in all tissues, an additional transcript was detected in testis. The mPAB gene has pseudogenes or related genes in its genome. ..
- Choi H, Kang S, Yang C, Rhee S, Ryu S. Crystal structure of a novel human peroxidase enzyme at 2.0 A resolution. Nat Struct Biol. 1998;5:400-6 pubmed..The positively charged environment surrounding Cys 47 accounts for the peroxidase activity of the enzyme, which contains no redox cofactors. ..
- Lee Y, Hong M, Kim J, Hong Y, Choe Y, Chang S, et al. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding human histone macroH2A1 subtypes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1399:73-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the macroH2A1.1 and macroH2A1.2 subtypes were expressed as mRNA species with a size of 1.5 and 4.4 kb, respectively. They were expressed in all human tissues examined. ..
- Hahn Y, Lee J, Seong C, Yoon J, Chung J. Structural analysis of phylogenetically conserved J domain protein gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1447:325-33 pubmed..The expression was restricted to head in Drosophila. However, ubiquitous expression was observed in mice with the highest level in kidney. ..
- Kim W, Lee W, Song K, Kim J. Identification of a putative DEAD-box RNA helicase and a zinc-finger protein in Candida albicans by functional complementation of the S. cerevisiae rok1 mutation. Yeast. 2000;16:401-9 pubmed..This result is consistent with the lethality caused by the ROK1 overexpression. We conclude that CHR1 encodes a functional homologue of Rok1 protein and CSR1 is a heterologous suppressor of the rok1 mutation. ..
- Cho H, Jun D, Bae M, Ahn J, Kim Y. Nucleotide sequence and differential expression of the human 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase gene. Gene. 2000;245:193-201 pubmed
- Baek W, Park J, Lim J, Suh S, Suh M, Gabrielson E, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the human budding uninhibited by benomyl (BUB3) promoter. Gene. 2002;295:117-23 pubmed..3 to +0.58 kb by cloning various potions of this region in front of a luciferase reporter sequence. These experiments indicate that this region 5' region contains distinctive positive and negative regulatory elements. ..
- Choi K, Ji Y, Dhakal B, Yu J, Cho C, Song W, et al. Vacuolar-type H+-ATPase E subunit is required for embryogenesis and yolk transfer in Caenorhabditis elegans. Gene. 2003;311:13-23 pubmed..In summary, vha-8 encoding the E subunit of V-ATPase in C. elegans is essential for embryogenesis and receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Kharel M, Basnet D, Lee H, Liou K, Woo J, Kim B, et al. Isolation and characterization of the tobramycin biosynthetic gene cluster from Streptomyces tenebrarius. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;230:185-90 pubmed..The catalytic residues of TbmA and dehydroquinate synthase were studied by homology modeling. The gene cluster found is likely to be involved in the biosynthesis of tobramycin. ..
- Li J, Choe H, Wang A, Maiti K, Wang C, Salam A, et al. Extracellular loop 3 (EL3) and EL3-proximal transmembrane helix 7 of the mammalian type I and type II gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptors determine differential ligand selectivity to GnRH-I and GnRH-II. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:1099-110 pubmed..As a whole, these data suggest a molecular coevolution of ligands and their receptors and facilitate the understanding of the molecular interaction between GnRHs and their cognate receptors. ..
- Zahiri H, Noghabi K, Shin Y. Biochemical characterization of the decaprenyl diphosphate synthase of Rhodobacter sphaeroides for coenzyme Q10 production. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;73:796-806 pubmed..The kinetic parameters of V (max) (pmol/min), K (M) (microM), k (cat) (1/min), and k (cat) /K (M) of the enzyme using FPP as the most appropriate substrate were determined to be 264.6, 13.1, 8.8, and 0.67, respectively. ..
- Kim J, Park O, Lee J, Lee Y. One- plus two-hybrid system, a novel yeast genetic selection for specific missense mutations disrupting protein/protein interactions. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1727-40 pubmed..This efficient and rapid method should allow us to quickly analyze a large number of interaction interfaces. ..
- Kim J, Ryoo Z, Chun J. Cytokine-like 1 (Cytl1) regulates the chondrogenesis of mesenchymal cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29359-67 pubmed..Thus, our results collectively suggest that chondrocyte-specific Cytl1 regulates chondrogenesis as a novel autocrine factor, but not hypertrophic maturation of chondrocytes during cartilage development. ..
- Yang E, Chang H. Analysis of pYC2, a cryptic plasmid in Lactobacillus sakei BM5 isolated from kimchi. Biotechnol Lett. 2009;31:123-30 pubmed publisher..pYC2 also replicates by this mechanism, as confirmed by Southern hybridization analysis. ..
- Cha S, Kim E, Kang M, Jang S, Lee H, Jang H. Epidemiology of canine distemper virus in wild raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) from South Korea. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;35:497-504 pubmed publisher..At 549, a histidine (H) residue was found in five isolates and tyrosine (Y) residue was found in 6 isolates. Our study demonstrated that CDV infection was widespread in wild raccoon dogs in South Korea...
- Moon H, Cho S, Yang X, Zhou J, Loh T, Zheng X, et al. Identification of novel splicing variants from RON proto-oncogene pre-mRNA. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:2217-20 pubmed publisher..In one variant intron 6 is included, but intron 6 is skipped in another variant. These two variants should be truncated but these proteins have not yet been detected. ..
- Patnaik B, Kim D, Oh S, Song Y, Chanh N, Kim J, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of novel Morus alba germin-like protein gene which encodes for a silkworm gut digestion-resistant antimicrobial protein. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50900 pubmed publisher..The N-terminal amino acid sequence of the purified protein was found similar to the deduced amino acid sequence (without the transit peptide sequence) of the full length cDNA from M. alba. ..
- Kwon D, Eom G, Kee H, Nam Y, Cho Y, Kim D, et al. Estrogen-related receptor gamma induces cardiac hypertrophy by activating GATA4. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;65:88-97 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a novel ERR?/GATA4 signal cascade in the development of cardiac hypertrophy and suggest GSK-5182 as a possible therapeutic. ..
- Singh B, Lee C, Sohng J. Precursor for biosynthesis of sugar moiety of doxorubicin depends on rhamnose biosynthetic pathway in Streptomyces peucetius ATCC 27952. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;85:1565-74 pubmed publisher..Hence, rmbB provides TDP-4-keto-6-deoxy-D-glucose as a nucleotide sugar precursor for the biosynthesis of doxorubicin. ..
- Park J, Han S, Lee J, Han Y, Lee Y, Rong X, et al. Draft genome sequence of the biocontrol bacterium Pseudomonas putida B001, an oligotrophic bacterium that induces systemic resistance to plant diseases. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:6795-6 pubmed publisher..Comparison of this sequence to the sequenced genome of P. putida KT2440 points to a subset of gene functions that may be related to the defense-inducing functions of B001...
- Lee Y, Park J. Complete genome sequence of enterococcal bacteriophage SAP6. J Virol. 2012;86:5402-3 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study is the first to report the complete genome sequence of bacteriophage SAP6, which might be used as a therapeutic agent in combination with alternative antibiotics for multidrug-resistant E. faecalis. ..
- Song J, Lee G, Yoon M, Ma K, Choi Y, Lee J, et al. Development and characterization of 22 polymorphic microsatellite markers for the balloon flower Platycodon grandiflorum (Campanulaceae). Genet Mol Res. 2012;11:3263-6 pubmed publisher..489), respectively. The polymorphic information content values ranged from 0.110 to 0.733, with a mean of 0.449. These new microsatellite markers will be useful for population and conservation genetic studies of P. grandiflorum...
- Yang H, Tong J, Leonard T, Im Y. Structural determinants for phosphatidylinositol recognition by Sfh3 and substrate-induced dimer-monomer transition during lipid transfer cycles. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1610-6 pubmed publisher..Binding of phosphatidylinositol leads to dissociation of the dimer into monomers in a reversible manner. This study suggests that the substrate induced dimer-monomer transformation is an essential part of lipid transfer cycles by Sfh3. ..
- Kim Y, Park J, Kim K, Chang J, Ko J, Kim M, et al. Sequence analysis of the 5'-flanking region of the gene encoding human N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase III. Gene. 1996;170:281-3 pubmed
- Kim M, Cho H, Kim D, Lee J, Pai H. CHRK1, a chitinase-related receptor-like kinase, interacts with NtPUB4, an armadillo repeat protein, in tobacco. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1651:50-9 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that NtPUB4 is an interacting partner of CHRK1 receptor-like kinase, and is likely involved in modulating the plant developmental signaling pathway mediated by CHRK1...
- Cho D, Hong Y, Lee H, Woo H, Pyo J, Mak T, et al. Induced inhibition of ischemic/hypoxic injury by APIP, a novel Apaf-1-interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39942-50 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that APIP functions to inhibit muscle ischemic damage by binding to Apaf-1 in the Apaf-1/caspase-9 apoptosis pathway. ..
- Kim M, Im W, In J, Kim S, Yang D. Thermomonas koreensis sp. nov., a mesophilic bacterium isolated from a ginseng field. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:1615-9 pubmed..On the basis of these data, strain Ko06(T) (=KCTC 12540(T)=NBRC 101155(T)) should be classified as the type strain of a novel Thermomonas species, for which the name Thermomonas koreensis sp. nov. is proposed. ..
- Yang Y, Gil M, Choi E, Park S, Pyun K, Ha H. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of a human gene homologous to the murine R-PTP-kappa, a receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase. Gene. 1997;186:77-82 pubmed
- Jin L, Bahn J, Eum W, Kwon H, Jang S, Han K, et al. Transduction of human catalase mediated by an HIV-1 TAT protein basic domain and arginine-rich peptides into mammalian cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2001;31:1509-19 pubmed..These results suggest that Tat-CAT and 9Arg-CAT fusion proteins can be used in protein therapy for various disorders related to this antioxidant enzyme. ..
- Kang B, Cho B, Anderson A, Kim Y. The global regulator GacS of a biocontrol bacterium Pseudomonas chlororaphis O6 regulates transcription from the rpoS gene encoding a stationary-phase sigma factor and affects survival in oxidative stress. Gene. 2004;325:137-43 pubmed..This RNA is implicated in the control of genes activated by the GacS system. Thus, the mechanism by which GacS mediates the activation of genes under its control requires further investigation in Pc O6. ..
- Hwang S, Yu S, Ryu J, Jeon H, Yoo Y, Eom S, et al. Regulation of beta-catenin signaling and maintenance of chondrocyte differentiation by ubiquitin-independent proteasomal degradation of alpha-catenin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12758-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that ubiquitin-independent degradation of alpha-catenin regulates beta-catenin signaling and maintenance of the differentiated phenotype of articular chondrocytes...
- Chang J, Yoon I, Kim K. Isolation and ars detoxification of arsenite-oxidizing bacteria from abandoned arsenic-contaminated mines. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;17:812-21 pubmed..Accordingly, the present results suggest that arsR, arsD, arsAB, arsA, arsB, arsC, arsH, arrA, arrB, aoxA, aoxB, aoxC, aoxD, aroA, and aroB may be useful for arsenite-oxidizing bacteria in abandoned arsenic-contaminated mines...
- Choi E, Han C, Park I, Lee B, Jin S, Choi H, et al. A novel germ cell-specific protein, SHIP1, forms a complex with chromatin remodeling activity during spermatogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35283-94 pubmed publisher..Consequently, we re-designate Mm.290718/ZFP541 as "SHIP1" representing spermatogenic cell HDAC-interacting protein 1. ..
- Ahn T, Ko J, Cho E, Yun C. Conformational change of Escherichia coli signal recognition particle Ffh is affected by the functionality of signal peptides of ribose-binding protein. Mol Cells. 2009;27:681-7 pubmed publisher..However, MT had marginal effect on these conformational changes suggesting that the in vivo functionality of signal peptide is important in the interaction with Ffh and concomitant structural change of the protein. ..
- Jang H, Choi S, Jang M, Ahn J, Kim U, Kang S, et al. Inappropriateness of quinolone in scrub typhus treatment due to gyrA mutation in Orientia tsutsugamushi Boryong strain. J Korean Med Sci. 2013;28:667-71 pubmed publisher..All of 21 samples had the Ser83Leu mutation in the gyrA gene, which is known to be associated with quinolone resistance. This suggests that quinolones may be avoided for the treatment of serious scrub typhus. ..
- Lee S, Kim Y, Lee S, Lee Y, Song I, Park S, et al. Molecular cloning, chromosomal mapping, and characteristic expression in tooth organ of rat and mouse Krox-25. Genomics. 2004;83:243-53 pubmed..These results suggest that Krox-25 plays an important role as a transcription factor for the cytodifferentiation and amelogenesis of enamel epithelium. ..
- Rho S, Park H, Kang G, Im Y, Kang M, Lim B, et al. Crystal structure of Bacillus subtilis CodW, a noncanonical HslV-like peptidase with an impaired catalytic apparatus. Proteins. 2008;71:1020-6 pubmed
- Choi B, Sapkota K, Choi J, Shin C, Kim S, Kim S. Herinase: a novel bi-functional fibrinolytic protease from the monkey head mushroom, Hericium erinaceum. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013;170:609-22 pubmed publisher..Herinase exhibited maximum activity at 30 °C and pH 7.0. These results demonstrate that herinase could be a novel fibrinolytic enzyme. ..
- Baek H, Suk K, Kim Y, Cha S. An improved helper phage system for efficient isolation of specific antibody molecules in phage display. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:e18 pubmed
- Gomes C, Oh S, Kim J, Chun S, Lee K, Kwon H, et al. Expression of the putative sterol binding protein Stard6 gene is male germ cell specific. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:651-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Stard6, a member of the START protein family, may play a role during germ cell maturation in adult rat testis. ..
- Kim I, Jung S, Lee Y, Lee C, Park J, Lee J. The complete mitochondrial genome of the rayfish Raja porosa (Chondrichthyes, Rajidae). DNA Seq. 2005;16:187-94 pubmed publisher..These findings are applicable to comparative mitogenomics of R. porosa with other related taxa...
- Kim Y, Kim M, Weon H, Kim H, Yang D. Hydrogenophaga temperata sp. nov., a betaproteobacterium isolated from compost in Korea. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2010;56:419-25 pubmed..Based on these data, TR7-01(T) (= KCTC 12203(T) = DSM 18117(T)) should be classified as a novel Hydrogenophaga species, for which the name Hydrogenophaga temperata sp. nov. has been proposed. ..
- Kim S, Lee S, Park M, Choi H, Park J, Min G. The complete mitochondrial genome of the American lobster, Homarus americanus (Crustacea, Decapoda). Mitochondrial DNA. 2011;22:47-9 pubmed publisher..destructor). Based on these data, it can be assumed that an idiosyncratic gene order discovered in C. destructor mtDNA may be secondarily acquired from the ancestral lineage of the Astacidea...
- Kim H, Lee J, Kang B, Rong X, McSpadden Gardener B, Ji H, et al. Draft genome sequence of Pantoea ananatis B1-9, a nonpathogenic plant growth-promoting bacterium. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:729 pubmed publisher..ananatis strain, LMG20103, indicated that the pathogenesis-related genes were absent, but a subset of gene functions that may be related to its plant growth promotion were present. ..
- Cha S, Kang M, Moon O, Park C, Jang H. Respiratory disease due to current egg drop syndrome virus in Pekin ducks. Vet Microbiol. 2013;165:305-11 pubmed publisher..We suggest that different EDSV strains with mild or severe to moderate pathogenicity coexist and have potential risks in poultry. Hereby, we report an EDSV infection in ducklings...
- Ji Y, Nam S, Jin Y, Cha E, Lee K, Choi K, et al. RNT-1, the C. elegans homologue of mammalian RUNX transcription factors, regulates body size and male tail development. Dev Biol. 2004;274:402-12 pubmed..Our data reveal that RNT-1 functionally cooperates with the SMA-4 proteins to regulate body size and male tail development in C. elegans. ..
- Kim S, Park M. Paulinella longichromatophora sp. nov., a New Marine Photosynthetic Testate Amoeba Containing a Chromatophore. Protist. 2016;167:1-12 pubmed publisher..longichromatophora and freshwater Paulinella strain FK01, the other P. chromatophora CCAC 0185. ..
- Hong S, Jon J, Kwak J, Nam H. Identification of a receptor-like protein kinase gene rapidly induced by abscisic acid, dehydration, high salt, and cold treatments in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1997;113:1203-12 pubmed..A possible role of this gene in the signal transduction pathway of ABA and the environmental stresses is discussed. ..
- Park S, Chung W. Molecular cloning and organ-specific expression of three isoforms of tomato ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase gene. Gene. 1998;206:215-21 pubmed..ApgL2 was expressed in roots and fruits. AgpL3 was exclusively expressed in leaves. The present study suggests that the three isoforms of tomato AGP large subunits are organ-specific in their expressions. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Na S, Choi H, Lee J. Molecular cloning of xSRC-3, a novel transcription coactivator from Xenopus, that is related to AIB1, p/CIP, and TIF2. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:1038-47 pubmed
- Jang J, Kwak K, Kang H. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding a kinase in Cucumis sativus and its expression by abiotic stress treatments. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1679:74-9 pubmed..High salinity did not influence its expression. The present report identifies a dual specificity protein kinase in cucumber that shows different responses to abiotic stress treatments. ..
- Lee J, Song H, Jee C, Vanoaica L, Ahnn J. Calcineurin regulates enteric muscle contraction through EXP-1, excitatory GABA-gated channel, in C. elegans. J Mol Biol. 2005;352:313-8 pubmed..Genetic evidence of epistasis between cnb-1(jh103) and exp-1(sa6) suggests that calcineurin functions as a negative regulator of excitatory GABA receptor in GABA signaling in C.elegans. ..
- Kim H, Han G, Eom C, Kim S. Isolation and taxonomic characterization of a novel type I methanotrophic bacterium. J Microbiol. 2008;46:45-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the isolate was named Methylomicrobium sp. HG-1...
- Yi C, Woo J, Han C, Oh J, Park I, Lee B, et al. Expression analysis of the Adam21 gene in mouse testis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:152-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to provide information regarding transcriptional regulation of a testicular ADAM family member, which will aid in elucidation of the transcriptional mechanisms of other testicular Adam genes. ..
- Park M, Bae C, Lim S, Kim D, Lim J, Kim J, et al. Effect of protopanaxadiol derivatives in high glucose-induced fibronectin expression in primary cultured rat mesangial cells: role of mitogen-activated protein kinases and Akt. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:151-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ginsenoside Rb1 prevented high glucose-induced increase of fibronectin expression via the inhibition of MAPK-Akt signaling cascade. ..
- Lee D, Wi S, Lee Y, Cho E, Chung B, Bae H. Characterization of a new ?-L: -arabinofuranosidase from Penicillium sp. LYG 0704, and their application in lignocelluloses degradation. Mol Biotechnol. 2011;49:229-39 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the liberation of arabinose by ARF was enhanced 2.1-2.9-fold in a reaction with xylanase and cellulase as compared with [xylanase + cellulase] and ARF alone. ..
- Del Castillo C, Hikima J, Ohtani M, Jung T, Aoki T. Characterization and functional analysis of two PKR genes in fugu (Takifugu rubripes). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:79-88 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that two PKRs in a single species can both be independently, but not equally, functional and support the hypothesis that fish PKRs have roles in the innate immune response similar to those of mammalian PKRs. ..
- Song Y, Park Y, Lim S, Yang S, Woo E, Park I, et al. Cell selectivity and mechanism of action of antimicrobial model peptides containing peptoid residues. Biochemistry. 2005;44:12094-106 pubmed
- Ji Y, Choi K, Song H, Park B, Yu J, Kagawa H, et al. VHA-8, the E subunit of V-ATPase, is essential for pH homeostasis and larval development in C. elegans. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3161-6 pubmed..Interestingly, characteristics of necrotic cell death were observed in the hypodermis and intestine of the arrested larvae suggesting that pH homeostasis via the E subunit of V-ATPase is required for the cell survival in C. elegans. ..
- Sahoo A, Jung Y, Kwon H, Yi H, Lee S, Chang S, et al. A novel splicing variant of mouse interleukin (IL)-24 antagonizes IL-24-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28860-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the novel splicing variant FISP-sp dimerizes with FISP and blocks its secretion and inhibits FISP-induced apoptosis in vivo. ..