Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Norway
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Niiranen L, Altermark B, Brandsdal B, Leiros H, Helland R, Smalås A, et al. Effects of salt on the kinetics and thermodynamic stability of endonuclease I from Vibrio salmonicida and Vibrio cholerae. FEBS J. 2008;275:1593-605 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that endonuclease I adaptation is closely coupled to the conditions of the habitats of natural Vibrio, with VsEndA displaying a remarkable salt tolerance unique amongst the endonucleases characterized so far. ..
- Ottem K, Nylund A, Karlsbakk E, Friis Møller A, Kamaishi T. Elevation of Francisella philomiragia subsp. noatunensis Mikalsen et al. (2007) to Francisella noatunensis comb. nov. [syn. Francisella piscicida Ottem et al. (2008) syn. nov.] and characterization of Francisella noatunensis subsp. orientalis subsp. . J Appl Microbiol. 2009;106:1231-43 pubmed publisher..noatunensis, for which the name F. noatunensis subsp. orientalis subsp. nov. is proposed (=DSM21254(T), = LMG24544(T)). This study contributes to the taxonomy and characteristics of fish-pathogenic Francisella spp. ..
- Sønstebø J, Rohrlack T. Possible implications of chytrid parasitism for population subdivision in freshwater cyanobacteria of the genus Planktothrix. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:1344-51 pubmed publisher..Future studies should test the validity of this scenario under field conditions. ..
- Krauss S, Johansen T, Korzh V, Fjose A. Expression of the zebrafish paired box gene pax[zf-b] during early neurogenesis. Development. 1991;113:1193-206 pubmed..The characteristic expression pattern of pax[zf-b] in the neural tube suggests an involvement of this gene in the regionalization of the midbrain as well as in the specification of neuronal cell fates at early embryonic stages. ..
- Rootwelt H, Berger R, Gray G, Kelly D, Coskun T, Kvittingen E. Novel splice, missense, and nonsense mutations in the fumarylacetoacetase gene causing tyrosinemia type 1. Am J Hum Genet. 1994;55:653-8 pubmed..Among 30 additional HT1 patients investigated, 2 were found to be homozygous and 1 heterozygous for G192-->T. Two other patients were homozygous and one was heterozygous for W262X. ..
- Gebhardt K, King R, Christie G, Lindqvist B. Mutational analysis of the bacteriophage P2 Ogr protein: truncation of the carboxy terminus. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7724-6 pubmed..These results, as well as the effects of other mutations in this region, support the idea that the 21 C-terminal residues are not required for transactivation. ..
- Nilsen I, Bakke I, Vader A, Olsvik O, El Gewely M. Isolation of cmr, a novel Escherichia coli chloramphenicol resistance gene encoding a putative efflux pump. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:3188-93 pubmed..We provide evidence strongly suggesting that the resistance mediated by Cmr involves active exclusion of chloramphenicol. ..
- Lindback T, Kolstø A. A Bacillus cereus member of the SNF2 family. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 1):171-4 pubmed
- Ostvold A, Norum J, Mathiesen S, Wanvik B, Sefland I, Grundt K. Molecular cloning of a mammalian nuclear phosphoprotein NUCKS, which serves as a substrate for Cdk1 in vivo. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2430-40 pubmed..Phosphopeptide mapping and back-phosphorylation experiments employing NUCKS from HeLa interphase and metaphase cells show that the protein is phosphorylated by Cdk1 during mitosis of the cell cycle. ..
- Borgen K, Sørum M, Wasteson Y, Kruse H, Oppegaard H. Genetic linkage between erm(B) and vanA in Enterococcus hirae of poultry origin. Microb Drug Resist. 2002;8:363-8 pubmed..Mating experiments with the E. hirae isolate as donor and E. faecalis JH2-2 as recipient did not result in any transconjugants, indicating that the vanA/erm(B)-carrying plasmid was nonconjugative under the given experimental conditions. ..
- Sandal T, Aumo L, Hedin L, Gjertsen B, Døskeland S. Irod/Ian5: an inhibitor of gamma-radiation- and okadaic acid-induced apoptosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3292-304 pubmed..The function and localization of Irod indicate that the centrosome and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II may have important roles in apoptosis signaling. ..
- Berg A, Meza T, Mahić M, Thorstensen T, Kristiansen K, Aalen R. Ten members of the Arabidopsis gene family encoding methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins are transcriptionally active and at least one, AtMBD11, is crucial for normal development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:5291-304 pubmed..Arabidopsis lines with reduced expression of genes involved in chromatin remodelling and transgene silencing show similar phenotypes. Our results suggest an important role for AtMBD proteins in plant development. ..
- Kristensen R, Torp M, Kosiak B, Holst Jensen A. Phylogeny and toxigenic potential is correlated in Fusarium species as revealed by partial translation elongation factor 1 alpha gene sequences. Mycol Res. 2005;109:173-86 pubmed..Implications for a better classification of Fusarium are discussed and highlighted. ..
- Tveit H, Lund C, Olsen C, Ersdal C, Prydz K, Harbitz I, et al. Proteolytic processing of the ovine prion protein in cell cultures. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:232-40 pubmed..Absence of glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor and glycan modifications does not influence the proteolytic processing of PrP. Our data indicate that PrP is cleaved during transit to the cell membrane. ..
- Reigstad L, Varhaug J, Lillehaug J. Structural and functional specificities of PDGF-C and PDGF-D, the novel members of the platelet-derived growth factors family. FEBS J. 2005;272:5723-41 pubmed..PDGF-C is expressed in Ewing family sarcoma and PDGF-D is linked to lung, prostate and ovarian cancers. Both PDGF-C and -D play a role in progressive renal disease, glioblastoma/medulloblastoma and fibrosis in several organs. ..
- Treusch A, Leininger S, Kletzin A, Schuster S, Klenk H, Schleper C. Novel genes for nitrite reductase and Amo-related proteins indicate a role of uncultivated mesophilic crenarchaeota in nitrogen cycling. Environ Microbiol. 2005;7:1985-95 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that mesophilic terrestrial and marine crenarchaeota might be capable of ammonia oxidation under aerobic and potentially also under anaerobic conditions...
- Bredholt G, Storstein A, Haugen M, Krossnes B, Husebye E, Knappskog P, et al. Detection of autoantibodies to the BTB-kelch protein KLHL7 in cancer sera. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:325-35 pubmed..Whether KLHL7 antibodies can be used as paraneoplastic markers for PNS remains to be determined. ..
- Kyomuhendo P, Myrnes B, Nilsen I. A cold-active salmon goose-type lysozyme with high heat tolerance. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2007;64:2841-7 pubmed..The results point to a rapid reversal of inactivation, probably due to instant protein refolding. ..
- Sandve S, Rudi H, Asp T, Rognli O. Tracking the evolution of a cold stress associated gene family in cold tolerant grasses. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:245 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss the possibility of parallel evolution of LRR domain containing IRI proteins in carrot and grasses through two completely different molecular adaptations. ..
- Minge M, Shalchian Tabrizi K, Tørresen O, Takishita K, Probert I, Inagaki Y, et al. A phylogenetic mosaic plastid proteome and unusual plastid-targeting signals in the green-colored dinoflagellate Lepidodinium chlorophorum. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:191 pubmed publisher..The N-terminal extension of the genes is different from the extensions found in green alga and other dinoflagellates (peridinin- and haptophyte plastids). These modifications have likely enabled the mosaic proteome of L. chlorophorum. ..
- Isaksen M, Dokland T, Lindqvist B. Characterization of the capsid associating activity of bacteriophage P4's Psu protein. Virology. 1993;194:674-81 pubmed..We suggest that Psu binds to the P4 capsid as a result of the special structure of the hexamers in the P4 capsid...
- Nilssen O, Fossdal C, Johansen B, Lindqvist B. Bacteriophage P4 capsid-size determination and its relationship to P2 helper interference. Virology. 1996;219:443-52 pubmed..We propose that P4 encodes a yet-unidentified function that in concert with gpSid establishes full P2 helper interference at the level of capsid-size determination...
- Paasche J, Attramadal T, Kristiansen K, Oksvold M, Johansen H, Huitfeldt H, et al. Subtype-specific sorting of the ETA endothelin receptor by a novel endocytic recycling signal for G protein-coupled receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:1581-90 pubmed..In conclusion, recycling of ET(A) receptor is mediated by a motif with the structural characteristics of an internal PDZ ligand. This structural motif may represent a more general principle of endocytic sorting of GPCRs. ..
- Wolde Meskel E, Terefework Z, Frostegard A, Lindström K. Genetic diversity and phylogeny of rhizobia isolated from agroforestry legume species in southern Ethiopia. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:1439-52 pubmed..This study clearly shows that the characterization of symbionts of unexplored legumes growing in previously unexplored biogeographical areas will reveal additional diversity. ..
- Larsen A, Moe E, Helland R, Gjellesvik D, Willassen N. Characterization of a recombinantly expressed proteinase K-like enzyme from a psychrotrophic Serratia sp. FEBS J. 2006;273:47-60 pubmed..5-4.5-fold higher kcat at the temperature range 12-37 degrees C, but a fivefold higher Km results in a slightly lower catalytic efficiency (kcat/Km) of SPRK compared to PRK. ..
- Norheim G, Rosenqvist E, Aseffa A, Yassin M, Mengistu G, Kassu A, et al. Characterization of Neisseria meningitidis isolates from recent outbreaks in Ethiopia and comparison with those recovered during the epidemic of 1988 to 1989. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:861-71 pubmed..The occurrence of new antigenic structures in strains sharing the same serogroup, PorA, and PorB may help explain the replacement of ST-5 by ST-7 in the African meningitis belt...
- Blomqvist T, Steinmoen H, Havarstein L. Natural genetic transformation: A novel tool for efficient genetic engineering of the dairy bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:6751-6 pubmed..The efficiency of this novel tool should make it possible to construct food-grade mutants of S. thermophilus, opening up exciting new possibilities that should benefit consumers as well as the dairy industry. ..
- Hajjar E, Mihajlovic M, Witko Sarsat V, Lazaridis T, Reuter N. Computational prediction of the binding site of proteinase 3 to the plasma membrane. Proteins. 2008;71:1655-69 pubmed..Our results agree with previous experimental observations and this work predicts, for the first time, the structural determinants of the binding of PR3 to membranes. ..
- García Rosado E, Markussen T, Kileng O, Baekkevold E, Robertsen B, Mjaaland S, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of two infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISAV) proteins with type I interferon antagonizing activity. Virus Res. 2008;133:228-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, ISAV counteracts the type I IFN response by the action of at least two of its gene products, rather than just one, as appears to be the case for other known members of the Orthomyxoviridae. ..
- Andersen O, Wetten O, De Rosa M, Andre C, Carelli Alinovi C, Colafranceschi M, et al. Haemoglobin polymorphisms affect the oxygen-binding properties in Atlantic cod populations. Proc Biol Sci. 2009;276:833-41 pubmed publisher..The distinct distributions of the functionally different haemoglobin variants indicate that the present biogeography of this ecologically and economically important species might be seriously affected by global warming. ..
- Johansen S, Emblem A, Karlsen B, Okkenhaug S, Hansen H, Moum T, et al. Approaching marine bioprospecting in hexacorals by RNA deep sequencing. N Biotechnol. 2010;27:267-75 pubmed publisher..Here we summarize recent progress in the analyses of hexacoral transcriptomes with the focus on cold-water sea anemones and related organisms. ..
- Dissen E, Ryan J, Seaman W, Fossum S. An autosomal dominant locus, Nka, mapping to the Ly-49 region of a rat natural killer (NK) gene complex, controls NK cell lysis of allogeneic lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 1996;183:2197-207 pubmed..Their cytoplasmic domains demonstrate substantial heterogeneity, consistent with the hypothesis that different Ly-49 family members may subserve different signaling functions. ..
- Schjerven H, Brandtzaeg P, Johansen F. Mechanism of IL-4-mediated up-regulation of the polymeric Ig receptor: role of STAT6 in cell type-specific delayed transcriptional response. J Immunol. 2000;165:3898-906 pubmed..This mechanism may represent a general strategy for how pleiotropic cytokines elicit cell type-specific transcriptional responses. ..
- Brautaset T, Jakobsen M y, Flickinger M, Valla S, Ellingsen T. Plasmid-dependent methylotrophy in thermotolerant Bacillus methanolicus. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:1229-38 pubmed..Our findings should have an effect on future genetic manipulations of this organism, and they contribute to a new understanding of the biology of methylotrophs...
- Bjerkan T, Lillehov B, Strand W, Skjak Braek G, Valla S, Ertesvåg H. Construction and analyses of hybrid Azotobacter vinelandii mannuronan C-5 epimerases with new epimerization pattern characteristics. Biochem J. 2004;381:813-21 pubmed..These findings open up new possibilities in biotechnology and in studies of the many biological functions of alginates. ..
- Alsos I, Engelskjøn T, Gielly L, Taberlet P, Brochmann C. Impact of ice ages on circumpolar molecular diversity: insights from an ecological key species. Mol Ecol. 2005;14:2739-53 pubmed..uliginosum as well as for continuous survival of both the Beringian and Arctic-Alpine lineages during all ice ages, this region played a minor role as a source for later interglacial expansions...
- Wiker H, Nagai S, Harboe M, Ljungqvist L. A family of cross-reacting proteins secreted by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Scand J Immunol. 1992;36:307-19 pubmed..Thus, a family of at least four secreted proteins with common structural features has been demonstrated in mycobacteria. MPT64 may also belong to this family. ..
- Rygg M, Marhaug G, Husby G, Dowton S. Rabbit serum amyloid protein A: expression and primary structure deduced from cDNA sequences. Scand J Immunol. 1991;34:727-34 pubmed..SAA1 and SAA2 mRNA were found in approximately equal amounts in turpentine-stimulated rabbit liver, but seem to be coordinately decreased after repeated inflammatory stimulation. ..
- Sandberg M, Natarajan V, Ronander I, Kalderon D, Walter U, Lohmann S, et al. Molecular cloning and predicted full-length amino acid sequence of the type I beta isozyme of cGMP-dependent protein kinase from human placenta. Tissue distribution and developmental changes in rat. FEBS Lett. 1989;255:321-9 pubmed..Comparison of Northern and Western blot analyses demonstrated that the mRNA and protein for cerebellar cGK increased during the development of rats from 5 to 30 days old, whereas the 6.5 kb mRNA in rat heart declined. ..
- Haavik J, Andersson K, Petersson L, Flatmark T. Soluble tyrosine hydroxylase (tyrosine 3-monooxygenase) from bovine adrenal medulla: large-scale purification and physicochemical properties. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1988;953:142-56 pubmed..Physicochemical studies suggest that the enzyme does not undergo such major substrate- or cofactor-induced conformational changes as have been reported for the related enzyme, phenylalanine hydroxylase. ..
- Rolstad A, Howland E, Sirevåg R. Malate dehydrogenase from the thermophilic green bacterium Chloroflexus aurantiacus: purification, molecular weight, amino acid composition, and partial amino acid sequence. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:2947-53 pubmed..The activity of the native enzyme was inhibited by high concentrations of substrate and had temperature and pH optima consistent with the optimal growth conditions for the organism. ..
- Solberg R, Sandberg M, Natarajan V, Torjesen P, Hansson V, Jahnsen T, et al. The human gene for the regulatory subunit RI alpha of cyclic adenosine 3', 5'-monophosphate-dependent protein kinase: two distinct promoters provide differential regulation of alternately spliced messenger ribonucleic acids. Endocrinology. 1997;138:169-81 pubmed..Transfection of these constructs into rat GH4C1 cells demonstrated that both constructs had promoter activities, as evidenced by high levels of chloramphenicol acetyltransferase activity. ..
- Tranulis M, Espenes A, Comincini S, Skretting G, Harbitz I. The PrP-like protein Doppel gene in sheep and cattle: cDNA sequence and expression. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:376-9 pubmed..Predicted structural features are in close agreement with previous reports for mouse, human, and rat Dpl. ..
- Hegna I, Bratland H, Kolstø A. BceS1, a new addition to the type III restriction and modification family. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2001;202:189-93 pubmed..The R/M system was designated BceS1 as this endonuclease required ATP and Mg2+ as cofactors like other type III endonucleases. BceS1 is the first chromosomal type III R/M system characterized in a Gram-positive bacterium. ..
- Berg T, Hopwood J. alpha-Mannosidosis in the guinea pig: cloning of the lysosomal alpha-mannosidase cDNA and identification of a missense mutation causing alpha-mannosidosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1586:169-76 pubmed
- Kaster K, Voordouw G. Effect of nitrite on a thermophilic, methanogenic consortium from an oil storage tank. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;72:1308-15 pubmed..5-1.0 mM). Hence, addition of nitrite may be an effective way to prevent odorous gas emissions from the storage tank. ..
- Takle H, McLeod A, Andersen O. Cloning and characterization of the executioner caspases 3, 6, 7 and Hsp70 in hyperthermic Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) embryos. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;144:188-98 pubmed publisher..In particular, the heat sensitive caspase-6 expression in the embryonic heart is of interest since cardiac malformations are an emergent problem in salmon aquaculture...
- Fedøy A, Yang N, Martinez A, Leiros H, Steen I. Structural and functional properties of isocitrate dehydrogenase from the psychrophilic bacterium Desulfotalea psychrophila reveal a cold-active enzyme with an unusual high thermal stability. J Mol Biol. 2007;372:130-49 pubmed..The structure analysis of DpIDH illustrates how psychrophilic enzymes can adjust their flexibility in dynamic regions during their catalytic cycle without compromising the global stability of the protein. ..
- Mao Y, Bakken L, Zhao L, Frostegard A. Functional robustness and gene pools of a wastewater nitrification reactor: comparison of dispersed and intact biofilms when stressed by low oxygen and low pH. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2008;66:167-80 pubmed publisher..The contrasting performance of DB and IB suggests that the biofilm structure, with anoxic/micro-oxic zones, helps to stabilize functions during anoxic spells and low pH. ..
- Andersen Ø, Dahle S, van Nes S, Bardal T, Tooming Klunderud A, Kjørsvik E, et al. Differential spatio-temporal expression and functional diversification of the myogenic regulatory factors MyoD1 and MyoD2 in Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;154:93-101 pubmed publisher..Altogether, halibut MyoD1 seems to have retained the central role of MyoD in driving skeletal myogenesis, whereas the function of MyoD2 is uncertain in this flatfish species. ..
- Sahu A, Conneely T, Nusslein K, Ergas S. Hydrogenotrophic denitrification and perchlorate reduction in ion exchange brines using membrane biofilm reactors. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009;104:483-91 pubmed publisher..This study shows that, despite decreased H(2) transfer under high salt conditions, hydrogenotrophic biological reduction may be successfully used for the treatment of NO3- and ClO- in a MBfR. ..
- Svenning M, Hestnes A, Wartiainen I, Stein L, Klotz M, Kalyuzhnaya M, et al. Genome sequence of the Arctic methanotroph Methylobacter tundripaludum SV96. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:6418-9 pubmed publisher..These genome data provide the basis to investigate M. tundripaludum SV96, identified as a major player in the biogeochemistry of Arctic environments. ..
- Bredrup C, Saunier S, Oud M, Fiskerstrand T, Hoischen A, Brackman D, et al. Ciliopathies with skeletal anomalies and renal insufficiency due to mutations in the IFT-A gene WDR19. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:634-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that isolated nephronophthisis, Jeune, and Sensenbrenner syndromes are clinically overlapping disorders that can result from a similar molecular cause. ..
- Karlsen O, Puntervoll P, Goksøyr A. Mass spectrometric analyses of microsomal cytochrome P450 isozymes isolated from ?-naphthoflavone-treated Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) liver reveal insights into the cod CYPome. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;108:2-10 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the majority of the CYPs revealed in this study have not previously been reported from cod, and represents the first proteomic survey to uncover the expressed complement of CYPs in any non-mammalian species...
- Degefu T, Wolde Meskel E, Liu B, Cleenwerck I, Willems A, Frostegard A. Mesorhizobium shonense sp. nov., Mesorhizobium hawassense sp. nov. and Mesorhizobium abyssinicae sp. nov., isolated from root nodules of different agroforestry legume trees. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:1746-53 pubmed publisher..nov. The isolates AC39a(T) (?=?LMG 26966(T)?=?HAMBI 3295(T)), AC99b(T) (?=?LMG 26968(T)?=?HAMBI 3301(T)) and AC98c(T) (?=?LMG 26967(T)?=?HAMBI 3306(T)) are proposed as type strains for the respective novel species. ..
- Bratland E, Magitta N, Bøe Wolff A, Ekern T, Knappskog P, Kämpe O, et al. Autoantibodies against aromatic amino acid hydroxylases in patients with autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 1 target multiple antigenic determinants and reveal regulatory regions crucial for enzymatic activity. Immunobiology. 2013;218:899-909 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TPH1, TPH2 and TH all have unique antigenic properties in spite of their structural similarity. ..
- Heggelund J, Burschowsky D, Bjørnestad V, Hodnik V, Anderluh G, Krengel U. High-Resolution Crystal Structures Elucidate the Molecular Basis of Cholera Blood Group Dependence. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005567 pubmed publisher..H-determinants bind with higher affinity than A-determinants, as shown by surface plasmon resonance. Together, these findings suggest why blood group O is a risk factor for severe cholera. ..
- Fluge Ø, Bruland O, Akslen L, Varhaug J, Lillehaug J. NATH, a novel gene overexpressed in papillary thyroid carcinomas. Oncogene. 2002;21:5056-68 pubmed
- Stabell M, Bjørkmo M, Aalen R, Lambertsson A. The Drosophila SET domain encoding gene dEset is essential for proper development. Hereditas. 2006;143:177-88 pubmed..The spatio-temporal expression profiles of dEset and its potential partners suggest that they may act together or even in a larger complex. ..
- Karlsen M, Nylund A, Watanabe K, Helvik J, Nylund S, Plarre H. Characterization of 'Candidatus Clavochlamydia salmonicola': an intracellular bacterium infecting salmonid fish. Environ Microbiol. 2008;10:208-18 pubmed..We propose the name 'Candidatus Clavochlamydia salmonicola' for this agent of epitheliocystis in freshwater salmonids...
- Flannick J, Thorleifsson G, Beer N, Jacobs S, Grarup N, Burtt N, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2014;46:357-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, loss-of-function mutations in humans provide strong evidence that SLC30A8 haploinsufficiency protects against T2D, suggesting ZnT8 inhibition as a therapeutic strategy in T2D prevention. ..
- Krajci P, Solberg R, Sandberg M, Oyen O, Jahnsen T, Brandtzaeg P. Molecular cloning of the human transmembrane secretory component (poly-Ig receptor) and its mRNA expression in human tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;158:783-9 pubmed..2). Northern blot analysis showed mRNA expression in various human exocrine tissues in good agreement with our previous immunohistochemical studies of SC. ..
- Rishovd S, Marvik O, Jacobsen E, Lindqvist B. Bacteriophage P2 and P4 morphogenesis: identification and characterization of the portal protein. Virology. 1994;200:744-51 pubmed publisher..Previous work has demonstrated processing of the major capsid protein. Thus, all essential capsid proteins of P2 and P4 are proteolytically cleaved during the morphogenetic process...
- Eiken H, Knappskog P, Apold J, Flatmark T. PKU mutation G46S is associated with increased aggregation and degradation of the phenylalanine hydroxylase enzyme. Hum Mutat. 1996;7:228-38 pubmed..This aggregation, followed by an increased cellular degradation of the G46S mutant enzyme, is compatible with the clinical/metabolic phenotype of the affected homozygous and compound heterozygous patients. ..
- Eide L, Bjørås M, Pirovano M, Alseth I, Berdal K, Seeberg E. Base excision of oxidative purine and pyrimidine DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by a DNA glycosylase with sequence similarity to endonuclease III from Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10735-40 pubmed..S. cerevisiae NTG1 does not have the [4Fe-4S] cluster DNA binding domain characteristic of the other members of this family. ..
- Nornes S, Mikkola I, Krauss S, Delghandi M, Perander M, Johansen T. Zebrafish Pax9 encodes two proteins with distinct C-terminal transactivating domains of different potency negatively regulated by adjacent N-terminal sequences. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26914-23 pubmed
- Tollersrud O, Berg T, Healy P, Evjen G, Ramachandran U, Nilssen O. Purification of bovine lysosomal alpha-mannosidase, characterization of its gene and determination of two mutations that cause alpha-mannosidosis. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:410-9 pubmed..Phe321 and Arg221 are conserved among the alpha-mannosidase class-2 family, indicating that the substitutions resulted from disease-causing mutations in these breeds. ..
- Jonassen C, Jonassen T, Saif Y, Snodgrass D, Ushijima H, Shimizu M, et al. Comparison of capsid sequences from human and animal astroviruses. J Gen Virol. 2001;82:1061-7 pubmed publisher..Higher similarities between the HAstV, FAstV and PAstV capsid sequences suggest interspecies transmissions involving humans, cats and pigs relatively recently in the evolutionary history of astroviruses...
- Valgardsdottir R, Brede G, Eide L, Frengen E, Prydz H. Cloning and characterization of MDDX28, a putative dead-box helicase with mitochondrial and nuclear localization. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32056-63 pubmed..The mitochondrial uptake of the MDDX28-EGFP-N1 fusion protein was inhibited by carbonyl cyanide p-(trichloromethoxy)phenylhydrazone. Our results indicate that MDDX28 can be transported between the mitochondria and the nucleus. ..
- S rvig E, Skaugen M, Naterstad K, Eijsink V, Axelsson L. Plasmid p256 from Lactobacillus plantarum represents a new type of replicon in lactic acid bacteria, and contains a toxin-antitoxin-like plasmid maintenance system. Microbiology. 2005;151:421-31 pubmed publisher..Transformation of several LAB with plasmids derived from p256 indicated that it has a narrow host range. Several effective expression vectors based on the p256 replicon have been constructed...
- Robertsen B. The interferon system of teleost fish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:172-91 pubmed..Moreover, Mx and several other interferon stimulated genes have been cloned and studied in fish. Furthermore, antiviral activity of Mx protein from Atlantic salmon and Japanese flounder has recently been demonstrated. ..
- Hoell I, Dalhus B, Heggset E, Aspmo S, Eijsink V. Crystal structure and enzymatic properties of a bacterial family 19 chitinase reveal differences from plant enzymes. FEBS J. 2006;273:4889-900 pubmed publisher..The importance of these two residues for catalysis was confirmed by a site-directed mutagenesis study...
- Lygren B, Carlson C, Santamaria K, Lissandron V, McSorley T, Litzenberg J, et al. AKAP complex regulates Ca2+ re-uptake into heart sarcoplasmic reticulum. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:1061-7 pubmed..This prevents the subsequent release of PLN from SERCA2, thereby affecting the Ca(2+) re-uptake into the sarcoplasmic reticulum induced by adrenergic stimuli. ..
- Mjelle K, Karlsen B, Jørgensen T, Moum T, Johansen S. Halibut mitochondrial genomes contain extensive heteroplasmic tandem repeat arrays involved in DNA recombination. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the most plausible explanation for array maintenance includes both the slipped-strand mispairing and DNA recombination mechanisms. ..
- Larsen J, Larsen A, Bratbak G, Sandaa R. Phylogenetic analysis of members of the Phycodnaviridae virus family, using amplified fragments of the major capsid protein gene. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:3048-57 pubmed publisher..This shows that closely related sequences of this family are present at geographically distant locations within the marine environment...
- Spetz C, Moe R, Blystad D. Symptomless infectious cDNA clone of a Norwegian isolate of Poinsettia mosaic virus. Arch Virol. 2008;153:1347-51 pubmed publisher..Serial propagation of this cDNA clone in N. benthamiana plants restored symptom induction in this host but did not re-establish infectivity in poinsettia...
- Halskau Ø, Ying M, Baumann A, Kleppe R, Rodriguez Larrea D, Almås B, et al. Three-way interaction between 14-3-3 proteins, the N-terminal region of tyrosine hydroxylase, and negatively charged membranes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32758-69 pubmed publisher..Our results shed light on interaction mechanisms that might be relevant for the modulation of the distribution of TH in the cytoplasm and membrane fractions and regulation of L-DOPA and dopamine synthesis. ..
- Steinsbu B, Tindall B, Torsvik V, Thorseth I, Daae F, Pedersen R. Rhabdothermus arcticus gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Thermaceae isolated from a hydrothermal vent chimney in the Soria Moria vent field on the Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:2197-204 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. ..
- Gerits N, Moens U. Agnoprotein of mammalian polyomaviruses. Virology. 2012;432:316-26 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the structure, post-translational modifications, and functions of agnoprotein, and speculates why not all polyomaviruses express this protein...
- Male R, Lorens J, Smalas A, Torrissen K. Molecular cloning and characterization of anionic and cationic variants of trypsin from Atlantic salmon. Eur J Biochem. 1995;232:677-85 pubmed..All residues which differ in charge between anionic and cationic trypsins were located at exposed regions of the proteins. ..
- Andersen Ø, Østbye T, Gabestad I, Nielsen C, Bardal T, Galloway T. Molecular characterization of a PDZ-LIM protein in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): a fish ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM-protein (ALP). J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2004;25:61-8 pubmed..However, in contrast to the restricted expression of ALP in higher vertebrates, the ubiquitous expression of salmon ALP suggest that this factor is involved in the assembly of additional multi-protein complexes in fish. ..
- Lilleeng E, Froystad M, Ostby G, Valen E, Krogdahl A. Effects of diets containing soybean meal on trypsin mRNA expression and activity in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2007;147:25-36 pubmed..The increased activity in the DI wall may contribute to disease severity and higher trypsin activity in the intestinal content. ..
- Okstad O, Grønstad A, Lindback T, Kolstø A. Insertional inactivation of a Tet(K)/Tet(L) like transporter does not eliminate tetracycline resistance in Bacillus cereus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1997;154:181-6 pubmed..No additional altered phenotype was observed in the mutant. Accumulation studies suggested that the resistance mechanism involves a reduced sensitivity to intracellular tetracycline. ..
- Nylund S, Karlsen M, Nylund A. The complete genome sequence of the Atlantic salmon paramyxovirus (ASPV). Virology. 2008;373:137-48 pubmed
- B hle L, Mathiesen G, Vaaje Kolstad G, Eijsink V. An endo-?-N-acetylglucosaminidase from Enterococcus faecalis V583 responsible for the hydrolysis of high-mannose and hybrid-type N-linked glycans. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;325:123-9 pubmed publisher..The activity of EF2863 is similar to that of the well known deglycosylating enzyme EndoH from Streptomyces plicatus. According to the CAZy nomenclature, the enzyme is designated EfEndo18A...
- Greiner Tollersrud L, Berg T, Stensland H, Evjen G, Greiner Tollersrud O. Bovine brain myelin glycerophosphocholine choline phosphodiesterase is an alkaline lysosphingomyelinase of the eNPP-family, regulated by lysosomal sorting. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:300-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, sGPC-Cpde may originate from the lysosomes, suggesting that lysosomal sorting contributes to the level of mGPC-Cpde on the myelin membrane. ..