Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Italy
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications450 found, 100 shown here
- Rosati S, Pittau M, Alberti A, Pozzi S, York D, Sharp J, et al. An accessory open reading frame (orf-x) of jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus is conserved between different virus isolates. Virus Res. 2000;66:109-16 pubmed
- Spolaore B, Bermejo R, Zambonin M, Fontana A. Protein interactions leading to conformational changes monitored by limited proteolysis: apo form and fragments of horse cytochrome c. Biochemistry. 2001;40:9460-8 pubmed..Finally, a specific interest of the cyt c fragment system herewith investigated resides in the fact that the fragments are exactly the exon products of the cyt c gene. ..
- Martella V, Pratelli A, Cirone F, Zizzo N, Decaro N, Tinelli A, et al. Detection and genetic characterization of canine distemper virus (CDV) from free-ranging red foxes in Italy. Mol Cell Probes. 2002;16:77-83 pubmed
- Innamorati G, Whang M, Molteni R, Le Gouill C, Birnbaumer M. GIP, a G-protein-coupled receptor interacting protein. Regul Pept. 2002;109:173-9 pubmed..The interaction of the globular domain with the V2R was confirmed by pull-down experiments indicating that this structural motif can also interact with cytosolic proteins. ..
- Carrassa L, Broggini M, Vikhanskaya F, Damia G. Characterization of the 5'flanking region of the human Chk1 gene: identification of E2F1 functional sites. Cell Cycle. 2003;2:604-9 pubmed..We discuss our results in the context of Chk1 involvement in DNA damage checkpoint pathways. ..
- Dotti M, De Stefano N, Bianchi S, Malandrini A, Battisti C, Cardaioli E, et al. A novel NOTCH3 frameshift deletion and mitochondrial abnormalities in a patient with CADASIL. Arch Neurol. 2004;61:942-5 pubmed..This adds to the previously reported hypothesis of a pathogenetic role of NOTCH3 or, less specifically, a microvascular pathologic effect on mitochondrial energy metabolism. ..
- Sensi M, Nicolini G, Zanon M, Colombo C, Molla A, Bersani I, et al. Immunogenicity without immunoselection: a mutant but functional antioxidant enzyme retained in a human metastatic melanoma and targeted by CD8(+) T cells with a memory phenotype. Cancer Res. 2005;65:632-40 pubmed
- Bodega B, Bione S, Dalpra L, Toniolo D, Ornaghi F, Vegetti W, et al. Influence of intermediate and uninterrupted FMR1 CGG expansions in premature ovarian failure manifestation. Hum Reprod. 2006;21:952-7 pubmed
- Sutti S, Vidali M, Mombello C, Sartori M, Ingelman Sundberg M, Albano E. Breaking self-tolerance toward cytochrome P4502E1 (CYP2E1) in chronic hepatitis C: possible role for molecular mimicry. J Hepatol. 2010;53:431-8 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the antigen specificity and the possible origin of these auto-antibodies...
- Wodarczyk C, Distefano G, Rowe I, Gaetani M, Bricoli B, Muorah M, et al. Nephrocystin-1 forms a complex with polycystin-1 via a polyproline motif/SH3 domain interaction and regulates the apoptotic response in mammals. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12719 pubmed publisher..Our data uncover a link between two different ciliopathies, ADPKD and NPHP, supporting the notion that common pathogenetic defects, possibly involving de-regulated apoptosis, underlie renal cyst formation. ..
- Borgogno A, Ruzza P. The impact of either 4-R-hydroxyproline or 4-R-fluoroproline on the conformation and SH3m-cort binding of HPK1 proline-rich peptide. Amino Acids. 2013;44:607-14 pubmed publisher..g., electrostatic interactions, are involved in the SH3(m-cort) substrate recognition. ..
- Pellizzari C, Krasnov A, Afanasyev S, Vitulo N, Franch R, Pegolo S, et al. High mortality of juvenile gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) from photobacteriosis is associated with alternative macrophage activation and anti-inflammatory response: results of gene expression profiling of early responses in the head kidney. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:1269-78 pubmed publisher..Immune suppression can be induced by the host to reduce tissue damages or by the pathogen to evade host response...
- Albertini A, Caramori T, Crabb W, Scoffone F, Galizzi A. The flaA locus of Bacillus subtilis is part of a large operon coding for flagellar structures, motility functions, and an ATPase-like polypeptide. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3573-9 pubmed..One of the open reading frames was translated into a protein with 48% amino acid identity to S. typhimurium FliI and 29% identity to the beta subunit of E. coli ATP synthase. ..
- Berni R, Stoppini M, Zapponi M, Meloni M, Monaco H, Zanotti G. The bovine plasma retinol-binding protein. Amino acid sequence, interaction with transthyretin, crystallization and preliminary X-ray data. Eur J Biochem. 1990;192:507-13 pubmed..3. Bovine RBP has been crystallized (space group P2(1)2(1)2(1), with a = 4.61 nm, b = 4.91 nm, c = 7.61 nm) and the crystals are suitable for high-resolution X-ray diffraction studies. ..
- Contursi C, Minchiotti G, Di Nocera P. Identification of sequences which regulate the expression of Drosophila melanogaster Doc elements. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26570-6 pubmed..The inhibition reflects impaired translation of the CAT gene possibly consequent to the interaction of specific Doc RNA sequences with a cellular component. ..
- Corsetti M, Levi G, Lancia F, Sanseverino L, Ferrini S, Boncinelli E, et al. Nucleolar localisation of three Hox homeoproteins. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 1):187-93 pubmed..The functional significance of the nucleolar localisation of Hox proteins remains to be determined. ..
- Ceciliani F, Faotto L, Negri A, Colombo I, Berra B, Bartorelli A, et al. The primary structure of UK114 tumor antigen. FEBS Lett. 1996;393:147-50 pubmed
- Auricchio A, Casari G, Staiano A, Ballabio A. Endothelin-B receptor mutations in patients with isolated Hirschsprung disease from a non-inbred population. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:351-4 pubmed..These data confirm the involvement of EDNRB in HSCR pathogenesis and demonstrate that EDNRB mutations could contribute to HSCR disease in non-inbred populations. ..
- De Biase D, Tramonti A, John R, Bossa F. Isolation, overexpression, and biochemical characterization of the two isoforms of glutamic acid decarboxylase from Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 1996;8:430-8 pubmed
- Brocchi M, Covone M, Palla E, Galeotti C. Integration of minitransposons for expression of the Escherichia coli elt genes at a preferred site in Salmonella typhimurium identifies a novel putative fimbrial locus. Arch Microbiol. 1999;171:122-6 pubmed..Sequence analysis of the integration site showed that it lies within an open reading frame with sequence similarity to E. coli leuO and contiguous to a novel fimbrial locus. ..
- Pellizzari L, D Elia A, Rustighi A, Manfioletti G, Tell G, Damante G. Expression and function of the homeodomain-containing protein Hex in thyroid cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:2503-11 pubmed publisher..The DNA binding specificity of the Hex homeodomain, therefore, is more 'relaxed' than that observed in the majority of other homeo-domains. ..
- Zambrano N, Bruni P, Minopoli G, Mosca R, Molino D, Russo C, et al. The beta-amyloid precursor protein APP is tyrosine-phosphorylated in cells expressing a constitutively active form of the Abl protoncogene. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19787-92 pubmed..These results suggest that Abl, Mena, and mDab1 are involved in a common molecular machinery and that APP can play a role in tyrosine kinase-mediated signaling. ..
- Di Gioia D, Fava F, Bertin L, Marchetti L. Biodegradation of synthetic and naturally occuring mixtures of mono-cyclic aromatic compounds present in olive mill wastewaters by two aerobic bacteria. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2001;55:619-26 pubmed..In addition, an efficient biodegrading activity towards several aromatic molecules present in the two natural fractions was demonstrated...
- Novellino L, Renkvist N, Rini F, Mazzocchi A, Rivoltini L, Greco A, et al. Identification of a mutated receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase kappa as a novel, class II HLA-restricted melanoma antigen. J Immunol. 2003;170:6363-70 pubmed..These findings further support the relevance of CD4(+) T cells directed against mutated epitopes in tumor immunity and provide the rationale for a possible usage of mutated, tumor-specific Ags for immunotherapy of human cancer. ..
- Santino A, De Paolis A, Gallo A, Quarta A, Casey R, Mita G. Biochemical and molecular characterization of hazelnut (Corylus avellana) seed lipoxygenases. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:4365-75 pubmed..5 and 74.6% identity, respectively). The physiological role of hazelnut LOXs and their role in influencing seed quality are also discussed...
- Galliera E, Jala V, Trent J, Bonecchi R, Signorelli P, Lefkowitz R, et al. beta-Arrestin-dependent constitutive internalization of the human chemokine decoy receptor D6. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25590-7 pubmed..Neither the native D6 nor mutants uncoupled from beta-arrestin activate any G-protein-mediated signaling pathways. Therefore, D6 may be considered a decoy receptor structurally adapted to perform chemokine scavenging. ..
- Spinola M, Galvan A, Pignatiello C, Conti B, Pastorino U, Nicander B, et al. Identification and functional characterization of the candidate tumor suppressor gene TRIT1 in human lung cancer. Oncogene. 2005;24:5502-9 pubmed..Our findings raise the possibility of TRIT1 as a candidate lung tumor suppressor. ..
- Dall Osto L, Cazzaniga S, North H, Marion Poll A, Bassi R. The Arabidopsis aba4-1 mutant reveals a specific function for neoxanthin in protection against photooxidative stress. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1048-64 pubmed..Neoxanthin appears particularly active against superoxide anions produced by the Mehler's reaction, whose rate is known to be enhanced in abiotic stress conditions. ..
- Siciliano V, Genre A, Balestrini R, Cappellazzo G, deWit P, Bonfante P. Transcriptome analysis of arbuscular mycorrhizal roots during development of the prepenetration apparatus. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1455-66 pubmed..A putative Avr9/Cf-9 rapidly elicited gene, found to be up-regulated in the mutant, suggests novel regulatory roles for the DMI3 protein in the early mycorrhization process. ..
- Camerino G, Nicchia G, Dinardo M, Ribatti D, Svelto M, Frigeri A. In vivo silencing of aquaporin-1 by RNA interference inhibits angiogenesis in the chick embryo chorioallantoic membrane assay. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2006;52:51-6 pubmed..This is the first study showing the in vivo use of RNA interference technique in the CAM assay. Our results strongly support the hypothesis that AQP1 could have a key role in physiological and pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Rizzotti L, La Gioia F, Dellaglio F, Torriani S. Characterization of tetracycline-resistant Streptococcus thermophilus isolates from Italian soft cheeses. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:4224-9 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the importance of an accurate safety assessment of using S. thermophilus as a starter culture. ..
- Perrin E, Fondi M, Papaleo M, Maida I, Emiliani G, Buroni S, et al. A census of RND superfamily proteins in the Burkholderia genus. Future Microbiol. 2013;8:923-37 pubmed publisher..These 'core' proteins might represent useful targets of new synthetic antimicrobial compounds. Furthermore, the annotation of RND-like sequences in Burkholderia was refined. ..
- Cubellis M, Rozzo C, Nitti G, Arnone M, Marino G, Sannia G. Cloning and sequencing of the gene coding for aspartate aminotransferase from the thermoacidophilic archaebacterium Sulfolobus solfataricus. Eur J Biochem. 1989;186:375-81 pubmed..The aspartate aminotransferase gene-flanking regions were compared to those of other archaebacterial genes already described in the literature with the aim of identifying potential regulatory sites. ..
- Demartis A, Maffei M, Vignali R, Barsacchi G, de Simone V. Cloning and developmental expression of LFB3/HNF1 beta transcription factor in Xenopus laevis. Mech Dev. 1994;47:19-28 pubmed..XLFB3 is a useful marker of early endoderm differentiation and its expression pattern along the antero-posterior axis, as well as the response to retinoic acid treatment, suggests a role in early morphogenesis. ..
- Gennarelli M, Lucarelli M, Capon F, Pizzuti A, Merlini L, Angelini C, et al. Survival motor neuron gene transcript analysis in muscles from spinal muscular atrophy patients. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;213:342-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that multiple RNA splicing is operative in the two SMN-related genes and that SMN-related polypeptides may be active in the muscle. ..
- Manetti A, Rosetto M, Maundrell K. nmt2 of fission yeast: a second thiamine-repressible gene co-ordinately regulated with nmt1. Yeast. 1994;10:1075-82 pubmed..Transcript mapping experiments show that transcription initiation of both genes is centred on this element. ..
- Minchiotti L, Galliano M, Zapponi M, Tenni R. The structural characterization and bilirubin-binding properties of albumin Herborn, a [Lys240-->Glu] albumin mutant. Eur J Biochem. 1993;214:437-44 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that Lys240 of human serum albumin is not the basic residue involved in ion pairing with one of the carboxylate groups of bilirubin at its high-affinity site...
- Ferrari E, Lodi T, Sorbi R, Tirindelli R, Cavaggioni A, Spisni A. Expression of a lipocalin in Pichia pastoris: secretion, purification and binding activity of a recombinant mouse major urinary protein. FEBS Lett. 1997;401:73-7 pubmed..This finding suggests that the protein, and in particular its hydrophobic binding pocket, is properly folded. ..
- Arnesano F, Banci L, Bertini I, Felli I. The solution structure of oxidized rat microsomal cytochrome b5. Biochemistry. 1998;37:173-84 pubmed..This observation could suggest that, to optimize the electron transfer process, the local mobility should be properly tuned. ..
- Cartwright P, Muller H, Wagener C, Holm K, Helin K. E2F-6: a novel member of the E2F family is an inhibitor of E2F-dependent transcription. Oncogene. 1998;17:611-23 pubmed..Our data suggest that E2F-6 expression delays the exit from S-phase rather than inducing S-phase, which further emphasizes the functional difference between E2F-6 and the previously known E2F family members. ..
- Crispi S, Giordano E, D Avino P, Peluso I, Furia M. Functional analysis of regulatory elements controlling the expression of the ecdysone-regulated Drosophila ng-1 gene. Mech Dev. 2001;100:25-35 pubmed..This region binds a set of transcriptional factors, including the FKH regulatory protein, which can potentially modulate the ecdysone genetic regulated response. ..
- Mai A, Massa S, Ragno R, Esposito M, Sbardella G, Nocca G, et al. Binding mode analysis of 3-(4-benzoyl-1-methyl-1H-2-pyrrolyl)-N-hydroxy-2-propenamide: a new synthetic histone deacetylase inhibitor inducing histone hyperacetylation, growth inhibition, and terminal cell differentiation. J Med Chem. 2002;45:1778-84 pubmed
- Torti C, Gomulski L, Bonizzoni M, Murelli V, Moralli D, Guglielmino C, et al. Cchobo, a hobo-related sequence in Ceratitis capitata. Genetica. 2005;123:313-25 pubmed..Intra- and interstrain polymorphisms were detected both at euchromatic and heterochromatic sites. These findings suggest that active copies of the element may be present in the medfly genome...
- Perrotta S, Borriello A, Scaloni A, De Franceschi L, Brunati A, Turrini F, et al. The N-terminal 11 amino acids of human erythrocyte band 3 are critical for aldolase binding and protein phosphorylation: implications for band 3 function. Blood. 2005;106:4359-66 pubmed..The identification of a novel band 3 mutant and its structural and functional characterization enabled us to identify pivotal roles for the 11 N-terminal amino acids in several protein functions and, in turn, in red-cell physiology. ..
- Calderone V, Forleo C, Benvenuti M, Thaller M, Rossolini G, Mangani S. A structure-based proposal for the catalytic mechanism of the bacterial acid phosphatase AphA belonging to the DDDD superfamily of phosphohydrolases. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:708-21 pubmed
- Lucchiari S, Pagliarani S, Salani S, Filocamo M, Di Rocco M, Melis D, et al. Hepatic and neuromuscular forms of glycogenosis type III: nine mutations in AGL. Hum Mutat. 2006;27:600-1 pubmed..The present work is yet another confirmation that the individual genetic background plays a pivotal role in influencing the phenotypes, as occurs in other metabolic diseases. ..
- Fabbretti A, Pon C, Hennelly S, Hill W, Lodmell J, Gualerzi C. The real-time path of translation factor IF3 onto and off the ribosome. Mol Cell. 2007;25:285-96 pubmed..Upon 30S-50S association, IF3 dissociates concomitantly with the establishment of the 30S-50S bridges, following the reverse path of its binding with the IF3N-A790 interaction being lost before the IF3C-G700 interaction. ..
- Balducci C, Bibi L, Berg T, Persichetti E, Tiribuzi R, Martino S, et al. Molecular cloning and structural organization of the gene encoding the mouse lysosomal di-N-acetylchitobiase (ctbs). Gene. 2008;416:85-91 pubmed publisher..Mouse and bovine promoters have been isolated and sequenced and their activities compared. The activity of the bovine promoter is very low and might explain the low activity of chitobiase observed in cattle. ..
- Rennella E, Corazza A, Fogolari F, Viglino P, Giorgetti S, Stoppini M, et al. Equilibrium unfolding thermodynamics of beta2-microglobulin analyzed through native-state H/D exchange. Biophys J. 2009;96:169-79 pubmed publisher..e., global unfolding in the core region and partial openings of the native state, determine the observed exchange rates. These findings are analyzed with respect to the amyloidogenic properties of the protein. ..
- Bollati M, Milani M, Mastrangelo E, Ricagno S, Tedeschi G, Nonnis S, et al. Recognition of RNA cap in the Wesselsbron virus NS5 methyltransferase domain: implications for RNA-capping mechanisms in Flavivirus. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:140-52 pubmed publisher..The structures of the Wesselsbron virus methyltransferase complexes obtained are discussed in the context of a model for N7-methyltransferase and 2'O-methyltransferase activities. ..
- Simmaco M, Kreil G, Barra D. Bombinins, antimicrobial peptides from Bombina species. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:1551-5 pubmed publisher..Biophysical studies have yielded some insight into the different behaviours of the epimers in model membranes...
- Passolunghi S, Riboldi L, Dato L, Porro D, Branduardi P. Cloning of the Zygosaccharomyces bailii GAS1 homologue and effect of cell wall engineering on protein secretory phenotype. Microb Cell Fact. 2010;9:7 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was the cloning and deletion of the GAS1 homologue of Z. bailii and the evaluation of its deletion on recombinant protein secretion...
- Nascimbeni A, Fanin M, Tasca E, Angelini C. Transcriptional and translational effects of intronic CAPN3 gene mutations. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:E1658-69 pubmed publisher..A comprehensive approach is therefore recommended to identify and describe unclassified variants in order to offer essential data for basic and clinical geneticists. ..
- Giacomelli L, Nanni V, Lenzi L, Zhuang J, Dalla Serra M, Banfield M, et al. Identification and characterization of the defensin-like gene family of grapevine. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2012;25:1118-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, three novel defensins were discovered among the identified DEFL. They inhibit B. cinerea conidia germination when expressed as recombinant proteins. ..
- Pepe O, Ventorino V, Blaiotta G. Dynamic of functional microbial groups during mesophilic composting of agro-industrial wastes and free-living (N2)-fixing bacteria application. Waste Manag. 2013;33:1616-25 pubmed publisher..Such microorganisms may be used alone or in mixtures to provide an allocation of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in soil. ..
- D Adamio F, Zollo O, Moraca R, Ayroldi E, Bruscoli S, Bartoli A, et al. A new dexamethasone-induced gene of the leucine zipper family protects T lymphocytes from TCR/CD3-activated cell death. Immunity. 1997;7:803-12 pubmed..This antiapoptotic effect correlates with inhibition of Fas and Fas ligand expression. Thus, GILZ is a candidate transcription factor involved in the regulation of apoptosis of T cells. ..
- Margaglione M, Vecchione G, Santacroce R, D Angelo F, Casetta B, Papa M, et al. A frameshift mutation in the human fibrinogen Aalpha-chain gene (Aalpha(499)Ala frameshift stop) leading to dysfibrinogen San Giovanni Rotondo. Thromb Haemost. 2001;86:1483-8 pubmed..contained substantial amounts of albumin. Present findings confirm that truncated Aalpha-chain lacking part of the terminal domain may be incorporated into mature fibrinogen molecules and normally secreted in the bloodstream. ..
- Zambrano N, Gianni D, Bruni P, Passaro F, Telese F, Russo T. Fe65 is not involved in the platelet-derived growth factor-induced processing of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein, which activates its caspase-directed cleavage. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16161-9 pubmed..The involvement of Shc in the pathway regulating APP processing is confirmed by the effects of constitutively active and dominant negative mutants of Src and Rac1. ..
- Rimessi P, Fabris M, Bovolenta M, Bassi E, Falzarano S, Gualandi F, et al. Antisense modulation of both exonic and intronic splicing motifs induces skipping of a DMD pseudo-exon responsible for x-linked dilated cardiomyopathy. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21:1137-46 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated for the first time the role of intronic splicing sequences in antisense modulation with implications in exon skipping-mediated therapeutic approaches. ..
- Rossolini G, Muscas P, Chiesurin A, Satta G. fimA-folD genes linkage in Salmonella identifies a putative junctional site of chromosomal rearrangement in the enterobacterial genome. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1994;119:321-8 pubmed
- Annesi F, Vespignani I, Amaldi F, Mariottini P. Xenopus laevis ribosomal protein S11: cloning and sequencing of the cDNA and primary structure of the protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:768-72 pubmed
- Mortarino M, Negri A, Tedeschi G, Simonic T, Duga S, Gassen H, et al. L-aspartate oxidase from Escherichia coli. I. Characterization of coenzyme binding and product inhibition. Eur J Biochem. 1996;239:418-26 pubmed..67 microM. Site-directed mutagenesis of the residues E43, G44, S45, F47 and Y48 located in the putative binding site of the isoallossazinic portion of FAD reduces the affinity for the coenzyme. ..
- Ginetti F, Perego M, Albertini A, Galizzi A. Bacillus subtilis mutS mutL operon: identification, nucleotide sequence and mutagenesis. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 8):2021-9 pubmed..The expression of the mut operon was studied with the use of a mutSL-lacZ transcriptional fusion. An increase in expression was observed during late exponential growth. ..
- Meggio F, D Agostino D, Ciminale V, Chieco Bianchi L, Pinna L. Phosphorylation of HIV-1 Rev protein: implication of protein kinase CK2 and pro-directed kinases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;226:547-54 pubmed..In contrast, a mutation (R14TV-->EED) which suppresses Rev activity dramatically enhances Rev phosphorylation either in vitro by CK2 or in vivo, suggesting that phosphorylation by CK2 could play a role in Rev down-regulation. ..
- Monaci P, Nuzzo M, Stampfli S, Tollervey D, de Simone V, Nicosia A. A complex interplay of positive and negative elements is responsible for the different transcriptional activity of liver NF1 variants. Mol Biol Rep. 1995;21:147-58 pubmed..NF1L4 displays the same DNA-binding activity and dimerisation properties as NF1L21, but is unable to activate transcription in yeast. ..
- Beier D, Spohn G, Rappuoli R, Scarlato V. Identification and characterization of an operon of Helicobacter pylori that is involved in motility and stress adaptation. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:4676-83 pubmed..The possible role of this locus in H. pylori virulence is discussed...
- Banfi S, Borsani G, Bulfone A, Ballabio A. Drosophila-related expressed sequences. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:1745-53 pubmed..Comparison between DRES genes and their putative partners in Drosophila contributes to the understanding of their function in mammals and to the discovery of their possible role in disease. ..
- Modesti A, Marzocchini R, Raugei G, Chiti F, Sereni A, Magherini F, et al. Cloning, expression and characterisation of a new human low Mr phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase originating by alternative splicing. FEBS Lett. 1998;431:111-5 pubmed..This protein could represent an inactive variant of the human LMW-PTP. ..
- Calvari V, Bertini V, De Grandi A, Peverali G, Zuffardi O, Ferguson Smith M, et al. A new submicroscopic deletion that refines the 9p region for sex reversal. Genomics. 2000;65:203-12 pubmed..Nevertheless, DMRT1 localizes very close to the deletion breakpoint and has a pattern of expression compatible with a role in sex determination. It therefore remains a candidate gene for 9p sex reversal. ..
- Andreoni V, Bernasconi S, Colombo M, van Beilen J, Cavalca L. Detection of genes for alkane and naphthalene catabolism in Rhodococcus sp. strain 1BN. Environ Microbiol. 2000;2:572-7 pubmed..The oxidation of indene to cis-(1S,2R)-1,2-dihydroxyindan by toluene-induced cells allows to hypothesize that strain 1BN also carries a toluene dioxygenase-like system. ..
- Sobacchi C, Frattini A, Orchard P, Porras O, Tezcan I, Andolina M, et al. The mutational spectrum of human malignant autosomal recessive osteopetrosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1767-73 pubmed..This study contributes to the determination of genetic heterogeneity of arOP and allows further delineation of the other genetic defects causing this severe condition. ..
- Facchiano A, Russo K, Facchiano A, De Marchis F, Facchiano F, Ribatti D, et al. Identification of a novel domain of fibroblast growth factor 2 controlling its angiogenic properties. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8751-60 pubmed..These data indicate for the first time that region 48-58 of FGF-2 is a functional domain controlling FGF-2 activity. ..
- Guerrini S, Bastianini A, Blaiotta G, Granchi L, Moschetti G, Coppola S, et al. Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of Oenococcus oeni strains isolated from Italian wines. Int J Food Microbiol. 2003;83:1-14 pubmed
- Faraco V, Giardina P, Sannia G. Metal-responsive elements in Pleurotus ostreatus laccase gene promoters. Microbiology. 2003;149:2155-62 pubmed..In the poxa1b promoter, a GC-rich region, homologous to the core binding site for transcription factor Sp1, decreases the binding affinity of the adjacent MRE, affecting its interactions with fungal protein factors. ..
- Carrabino S, Carminati E, Talarico D, Pardi R, Bianchi E. Expression pattern of the JAB1/CSN5 gene during murine embryogenesis: colocalization with NEDD8. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:423-31 pubmed
- Pistello M, Bonci F, Flynn J, Mazzetti P, Isola P, Zabogli E, et al. AIDS vaccination studies with an ex vivo feline immunodeficiency virus model: analysis of the accessory ORF-A protein and DNA as protective immunogens. J Virol. 2006;80:8856-68 pubmed
- Zanotti G, Cendron L, Ramazzina I, Folli C, Percudani R, Berni R. Structure of zebra fish HIUase: insights into evolution of an enzyme to a hormone transporter. J Mol Biol. 2006;363:1-9 pubmed..The evolution of TTR has been accompanied by remarkable changes of the HIUase active sites that gave rise to a channel open at both ends, thus allowing free access to hormone molecules. ..
- Vincent M, Passerini A, Labbé M, Frasconi P. A simplified approach to disulfide connectivity prediction from protein sequences. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:20 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, our method does not need any model selection or hyperparameter tuning, a property that makes it less prone to overfitting and prediction accuracy overestimation. ..
- del Sorbo G, Ruocco M, Schoonbeek H, Scala F, Pane C, Vinale F, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of BcatrA, a gene encoding an ABC transporter of the plant pathogenic fungus Botryotinia fuckeliana (Botrytis cinerea). Mycol Res. 2008;112:737-46 pubmed publisher..cinerea. However, when expressed in the heterologous system, BcatrA reduced sensitivity to cycloheximide and catechol, thus indicating the ability of the BcatrA product to function as a multidrug transporter. ..
- Punelli F, Reverberi M, Porretta D, Nogarotto S, Fabbri A, Fanelli C, et al. Molecular characterization and enzymatic activity of laccases in two Pleurotus spp. with different pathogenic behaviour. Mycol Res. 2009;113:381-7 pubmed publisher..ferulae than in P. eryngii. The results obtained are discussed in relation to the possible role of laccases in the interaction of P. eryngii and P. ferulae with their respective host...
- Tiso N, Filippi A, Benato F, Negrisolo E, Modena N, Vaccari E, et al. Differential expression and regulation of olig genes in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2009;515:378-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a role for olig genes in CNS patterning as well as in multiple cell fate decisions during neural differentiation. ..
- Bordo D. Structure and evolution of human sirtuins. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:662-5 pubmed
- Decaro N, Desario C, Billi M, Lorusso E, Colaianni M, Colao V, et al. Evaluation of an in-clinic assay for the diagnosis of canine parvovirus. Vet J. 2013;198:504-7 pubmed publisher..The in-clinic test was also able to detect all CPV types at equivalent rates. ..
- Marchini D, Manetti A, Rosetto M, Bernini L, Telford J, Baldari C, et al. cDNA sequence and expression of the ceratotoxin gene encoding an antibacterial sex-specific peptide from the medfly Ceratitis capitata (diptera). J Biol Chem. 1995;270:6199-204 pubmed..Western blot analysis using an anti-ceratotoxin antibody indicates the female accessory glands as the only site where the production of the ceratotoxin peptide occurs...
- Anca I, Lumini E, Ghignone S, Salvioli A, Bianciotto V, Bonfante P. The ftsZ gene of the endocellular bacterium 'Candidatus Glomeribacter gigasporarum' is preferentially expressed during the symbiotic phases of its host mycorrhizal fungus. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:302-10 pubmed publisher..The bioactive molecule alone did not cause any change in the number of bacteria after their isolation from the fungus, thus showing that the strigolactone alone cannot confer free-living capacities to the bacterium. ..
- Ferracini R, Longati P, Naldini L, Vigna E, Comoglio P. Identification of the major autophosphorylation site of the Met/hepatocyte growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:19558-64 pubmed..Since phosphorylation activates p190MET kinase, we propose a regulatory role for Tyr1235. ..
- Meroni G, Malgaretti N, Magnaghi P, Taramelli R. Nucleotide sequence of the cDNA for lecithin-cholesterol acyl transferase (LCAT) from the rat. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:5308 pubmed
- Ciccarese S, Tommasi S, Vonghia G. Cloning and cDNA sequence of the rat X-chromosome linked phosphoglycerate kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;165:1337-44 pubmed..Thus PGK is one of the oldest housekeeping enzymes. ..
- Girelli D, Corrocher R, Bisceglia L, Olivieri O, de Franceschi L, Zelante L, et al. Molecular basis for the recently described hereditary hyperferritinemia-cataract syndrome: a mutation in the iron-responsive element of ferritin L-subunit gene (the "Verona mutation"). Blood. 1995;86:4050-3 pubmed..Thus, it is very likely to provide the molecular basis for the iron-insensitive upregulation of ferritin synthesis in affected subjects. ..