Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Germany
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications825 found, 100 shown here
- Thiele B, Berger M, Huth A, Reimann I, Schwarz K, Thiele H. Tissue-specific translational regulation of alternative rabbit 15-lipoxygenase mRNAs differing in their 3'-untranslated regions. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:1828-36 pubmed..Very similar repetitive CU-rich elements of the type DICE1 (20 repeats) and DICE2 (nine repeats) were found in the part corresponding to the 3'-UTR of the mRNA. ..
- Franzen C, Muller A, Bialek R, Diehl V, Salzberger B, Fatkenheuer G. Taxonomic position of the human intestinal protozoan parasite Isospora belli as based on ribosomal RNA sequences. Parasitol Res. 2000;86:669-76 pubmed..We suggest that the genus Isospora should be removed from the family Eimeriidae and placed into the family Sarcocystidae within the suborder Eimeriina...
- Scheller J, Gührs K, Grosse F, Conrad U. Production of spider silk proteins in tobacco and potato. Nat Biotechnol. 2001;19:573-7 pubmed..When produced in plants, the recombinant spidroins exhibit extreme heat stability-a property that is used to purify the spidroins by a simple and efficient procedure. ..
- Clemens S, Bloss T, Vess C, Neumann D, Nies D, zur Nieden U. A transporter in the endoplasmic reticulum of Schizosaccharomyces pombe cells mediates zinc storage and differentially affects transition metal tolerance. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18215-21 pubmed..Also, these observations indicate that Cd(2+) ions exert their toxic effects on cellular metabolism in the ER rather than in the cytosol. ..
- Haberle J, Pauli S, Linnebank M, Kleijer W, Bakker H, Wanders R, et al. Structure of the human argininosuccinate synthetase gene and an improved system for molecular diagnostics in patients with classical and mild citrullinemia. Hum Genet. 2002;110:327-33 pubmed
- Hanzal Bayer M, Renault L, Roversi P, Wittinghofer A, Hillig R. The complex of Arl2-GTP and PDE delta: from structure to function. EMBO J. 2002;21:2095-106 pubmed..We suggest PDE delta to be a specific soluble transport factor for certain prenylated proteins and Arl2-GTP a regulator of PDE delta-mediated transport. ..
- Jehle J. The expansion of a hypervariable, non-hr ori-like region in the genome of Cryptophlebia leucotreta granulovirus provides in vivo evidence for the utilization of baculovirus non-hr oris during replication. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:2025-34 pubmed..Also, circumstantial evidence is discussed that hr oris might have developed from internal rearrangement and multiplication of a non-hr ori during baculovirus evolution...
- Kostova E, Röttger S, Schempp W, Gromoll J. Identification and characterization of the cynomolgus monkey chromodomain gene cynCDY, an orthologue of the human CDY gene family. Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:702-9 pubmed..cynCDY is similar to human CDY with features of a retrotransposon, but different in the 3'UTR. It seems to represent a more ancestral form of CDY and its characterization yields insights into the evolution of candidate genes for AZF. ..
- Sing A, Rost D, Tvardovskaia N, Roggenkamp A, Wiedemann A, Kirschning C, et al. Yersinia V-antigen exploits toll-like receptor 2 and CD14 for interleukin 10-mediated immunosuppression. J Exp Med. 2002;196:1017-24 pubmed..We conclude that yersiniae might exploit host innate pattern recognition molecules and defense mechanisms to evade the host immune response. ..
- Varet A, Hause B, Hause G, Scheel D, Lee J. The Arabidopsis NHL3 gene encodes a plasma membrane protein and its overexpression correlates with increased resistance to Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:2023-33 pubmed..This subcellular localization of NHL3 positions it at an initial contact site to pathogens and may be important in facilitating interception of pathogen-derived signals. ..
- Nardmann J, Ji J, Werr W, Scanlon M. The maize duplicate genes narrow sheath1 and narrow sheath2 encode a conserved homeobox gene function in a lateral domain of shoot apical meristems. Development. 2004;131:2827-39 pubmed..A model implicating an evolutionarily conserved NS/PRS function during recruitment of organ founder cells from a lateral domain of plant meristems is discussed. ..
- Ikeda F, Hecker C, Rozenknop A, Nordmeier R, Rogov V, Hofmann K, et al. Involvement of the ubiquitin-like domain of TBK1/IKK-i kinases in regulation of IFN-inducible genes. EMBO J. 2007;26:3451-62 pubmed..We propose that the ULD is a regulatory component of the TBK1/IKK-i kinases involved in the control of the kinase activation, substrate presentation and downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Kadlec K, Schwarz S. Analysis and distribution of class 1 and class 2 integrons and associated gene cassettes among Escherichia coli isolates from swine, horses, cats and dogs collected in the BfT-GermVet monitoring study. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;62:469-73 pubmed publisher..This molecular analysis complements the phenotypic susceptibility testing conducted in the BfT-GermVet monitoring study and helps to explain the persistence of resistance genes even without direct selective pressure...
- M ller Krull M, Zemann A, Roos C, Brosius J, Schmitz J. Beyond DNA: RNA editing and steps toward Alu exonization in primates. J Mol Biol. 2008;382:601-9 pubmed publisher..The gorilla, chimpanzee, and human nuclear prelamin A recognition factor genes exemplify the versatile interplay of pre- and posttranscriptional modifications leading to novel genetic potential...
- Tsavkelova E, Bömke C, Netrusov A, Weiner J, Tudzynski B. Production of gibberellic acids by an orchid-associated Fusarium proliferatum strain. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:1393-403 pubmed publisher..A possible correlation between GA production and their role in plant-fungal interactions is discussed. ..
- Fraune S, Zimmer M. Host-specificity of environmentally transmitted Mycoplasma-like isopod symbionts. Environ Microbiol. 2008;10:2497-504 pubmed..This symbiont proved to be negatively correlated with host longevity, even on high-quality food...
- Albus C, Ruf S, Sch ttler M, Lein W, Kehr J, Bock R. Y3IP1, a nucleus-encoded thylakoid protein, cooperates with the plastid-encoded Ycf3 protein in photosystem I assembly of tobacco and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2838-55 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Y3IP1 represents a novel factor for PSI biogenesis that cooperates with the plastid genome-encoded Ycf3 in the assembly of stable PSI units in the thylakoid membrane...
- Zoldak G, Schmid F. Cooperation of the prolyl isomerase and chaperone activities of the protein folding catalyst SlyD. J Mol Biol. 2011;406:176-94 pubmed publisher..Protein molecules that left the prolyl isomerase site with an incorrect prolyl isomer can rapidly be re-bound by the chaperone domain because the association rate is very high as well. ..
- Georgescauld F, Popova K, Gupta A, Bracher A, Engen J, Hayer Hartl M, et al. GroEL/ES chaperonin modulates the mechanism and accelerates the rate of TIM-barrel domain folding. Cell. 2014;157:922-934 pubmed publisher..We suggest that folding catalysis by GroEL/ES is required by a set of proteins to reach native state at a biologically relevant timescale, avoiding aggregation or degradation. ..
- Lambotte S, Veyhl M, Kohler M, Morrison Shetlar A, Kinne R, Schmid M, et al. The human gene of a protein that modifies Na(+)-D-glucose co-transport. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:769-77 pubmed..The analysis of the 5'-noncoding sequence of hRS1 revealed different enhancer consensus sequences that are absent in the SGLT1 gene, e.g., several consensus sequences for steroid-binding proteins. ..
- Brioukhanov A, Netrusov A, Sordel M, Thauer R, Shima S. Protection of Methanosarcina barkeri against oxidative stress: identification and characterization of an iron superoxide dismutase. Arch Microbiol. 2000;174:213-6 pubmed..The presence of superoxide dismutase in M. barkeri is noteworthy since a gene encoding superoxide dismutase (sod) has not been found in Archaeoglobus fulgidus, a sulfate-reducing archaeon most closely related to the Methanosarcinaceae. ..
- Wolf D, Schulz P, Fittler F. Transcriptional regulation of prostate kallikrein-like genes by androgen. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:753-62 pubmed..Thus, antiandrogens act differentially on androgen-regulated prostate-specific (PSA, hGK-1) and growth-related (c-myc) gene expression in LNCaP cells. ..
- Hönlinger A, Kubrich M, Moczko M, Gartner F, Mallet L, Bussereau F, et al. The mitochondrial receptor complex: Mom22 is essential for cell viability and directly interacts with preproteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3382-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Mom22 plays an essential role in the mitochondrial receptor complex. It directly interacts with preproteins in transit and can perform receptor-like activities. ..
- Susal C, Kirschfink M, Kröpelin M, Daniel V, Opelz G. Identification of complement activation sites in human immunodeficiency virus type-1 glycoprotein gp120. Blood. 1996;87:2329-36 pubmed..These data indicate that distinct sites in gp120 are able to activate human serum complement via the classical pathway in the absence of anti-gp120 and independent of glycosylation. ..
- Hartmann C, Landgraf M, Bate M, Jackle H. Krüppel target gene knockout participates in the proper innervation of a specific set of Drosophila larval muscles. EMBO J. 1997;16:5299-309 pubmed..Their muscle pattern is normal, but the patterns of neuromuscular innervation are specifically disarranged. The results suggest that the Kr target gene ko is required for proper innervation of specific muscles by RP motoneurons. ..
- Sirrenberg C, Endres M, FOLSCH H, Stuart R, Neupert W, Brunner M. Carrier protein import into mitochondria mediated by the intermembrane proteins Tim10/Mrs11 and Tim12/Mrs5. Nature. 1998;391:912-5 pubmed..This interaction of Tim10 and Tim12 with the precursors depends on the presence of divalent metal ions. Both proteins contain a zinc-finger-like motif with four cysteines and bind equimolar amounts of zinc ions. ..
- Leonhartsberger S, Ehrenreich A, Bock A. Analysis of the domain structure and the DNA binding site of the transcriptional activator FhlA. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:3672-84 pubmed..The analysis of orthologs of FhlA revealed that they are able to functionally replace the E. coli enzyme. ..
- Walther A, Riehemann K, Gerke V. A novel ligand of the formyl peptide receptor: annexin I regulates neutrophil extravasation by interacting with the FPR. Mol Cell. 2000;5:831-40 pubmed..These findings identify annexin I peptides as novel, endogenous FPR ligands and establish a mechanistic basis of annexin I-mediated antiinflammatory effects. ..
- Brämer C, Steinbuchel A. The methylcitric acid pathway in Ralstonia eutropha: new genes identified involved in propionate metabolism. Microbiology. 2001;147:2203-14 pubmed..Since the prp locus of R. eutropha was very different from those of E. coli and S. enterica, an extensive comparison of prp loci available from databases and literature was done, revealing two different classes of prp loci. ..
- Munnia A, Schutz N, Romeike B, Maldener E, Glass B, Maas R, et al. Expression, cellular distribution and protein binding of the glioma amplified sequence (GAS41), a highly conserved putative transcription factor. Oncogene. 2001;20:4853-63 pubmed..We generated a polyclonal antibody against the KIAA1009 protein and we demonstrated that the KIAA1009 protein is a nuclear protein, which appears to be co-localized with the GAS41 protein and NuMA. ..
- Zeindl Eberhart E, Klugbauer S, Dimitrijevic N, Jungblut P, Lamer S, Rabes H. Proteome analysis of rat hepatomas: carcinogen-dependent tumor-associated protein variants. Electrophoresis. 2001;22:3009-18 pubmed..The hypothesis is proposed that carcinogens leave specific fingerprints at the proteome level of manifest liver tumors. ..
- Cormack R, Eulgem T, Rushton P, Köchner P, Hahlbrock K, Somssich I. Leucine zipper-containing WRKY proteins widen the spectrum of immediate early elicitor-induced WRKY transcription factors in parsley. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1576:92-100 pubmed
- Schmidt C, Tomiuk J, Botzenhart E, Vester U, Halber M, Hesse A, et al. Genetic variations of the SLC7A9 gene: allele distribution of 13 polymorphic sites in German cystinuria patients and controls. Clin Nephrol. 2003;59:353-9 pubmed..872C>T (exon 6). In summary, our results show that cystinuria is a complex disease which is not only caused by mutations in SLC7A9 and SLC3A1, but also influenced by other modifying factors such as variants in SLC7A9. ..
- Klar M, Stellamanns E, Ak P, Gluch A, Bode J. Dominant genomic structures: detection and potential signal functions in the interferon-beta domain. Gene. 2005;364:79-89 pubmed..A prominent example is YY1, a transcription factor that not only recognizes a core consensus motif, ATGG, but, in addition, the structural context, which is evident from characteristic imprints in the respective SIDD-profiles. ..
- Liedtke T, Schwamborn J, Schröer U, Thanos S. Elongation of axons during regeneration involves retinal crystallin beta b2 (crybb2). Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:895-907 pubmed..The results suggest that neuronal crystallins constitute a novel class of neurite-promoting factors that likely operate through an autocrine mechanism and that they could be used in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Klein C, Aivaliotis M, Olsen J, Falb M, Besir H, Scheffer B, et al. The low molecular weight proteome of Halobacterium salinarum. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:1510-8 pubmed..Twenty functionally uncharacterized proteins contain a characteristic DNA/RNA binding zinc finger motif which underlines the biological relevance of the small proteome and the necessity of their analysis for systems biology...
- Yi B, Sommer R. The pax-3 gene is involved in vulva formation in Pristionchus pacificus and is a target of the Hox gene lin-39. Development. 2007;134:3111-9 pubmed..Thus, we describe the first specific developmental defect of a nematode pax-3 gene and our data reveal different regulatory networks for the specification of the vulva equivalence group. ..
- Varmark H, Llamazares S, Rebollo E, Lange B, Reina J, Schwarz H, et al. Asterless is a centriolar protein required for centrosome function and embryo development in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1735-45 pubmed..In addition, the phenotype of asl-deficient flies reveals that a functional centrosome is required for Drosophila embryo development. ..
- Zhao Y, Könen Waisman S, Taylor G, Martens S, Howard J. Localisation and mislocalisation of the interferon-inducible immunity-related GTPase, Irgm1 (LRG-47) in mouse cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8648 pubmed publisher..In future analyses it should be borne in mind that tagging of Irgm1 leads to loss of Golgi localisation and enhanced localisation on endolysosomal membranes, probably as a result of constitutive activation. ..
- Becirovic E, Nakova K, Hammelmann V, Hennel R, Biel M, Michalakis S. The retinitis pigmentosa mutation c.3444+1G>A in CNGB1 results in skipping of exon 32. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8969 pubmed publisher..3444+1G>A mutation. Based on this, we suggest that apart from the defective targeting other mechanisms may be responsible for the RP phenotype in affected individuals. ..
- Tran Q, Mahendran K, Hajjar E, Ceccarelli M, Davin Regli A, Winterhalter M, et al. Implication of porins in beta-lactam resistance of Providencia stuartii. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:32273-81 pubmed publisher..coli cells to ?-lactams compared with expression of OmpPst2. All our data enlighten the involvement of porins in the resistance of P. stuartii to ?-lactam antibiotics...
- Kaschani F, Shabab M, Bozkurt T, Shindo T, Schornack S, Gu C, et al. An effector-targeted protease contributes to defense against Phytophthora infestans and is under diversifying selection in natural hosts. Plant Physiol. 2010;154:1794-804 pubmed publisher..infestans. These data reveal a novel effector target in the apoplast that contributes to immunity and is under diversifying selection, but only in the natural host of the pathogen. ..
- Lingner T, Kataya A, Antonicelli G, Benichou A, Nilssen K, Chen X, et al. Identification of novel plant peroxisomal targeting signals by a combination of machine learning methods and in vivo subcellular targeting analyses. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1556-72 pubmed publisher..These prediction methods will be instrumental in identifying low-abundance and stress-inducible peroxisomal proteins and defining the entire peroxisomal proteome of Arabidopsis and agronomically important crop plants. ..
- Mishra S, Ammon T, Popowicz G, Krajewski M, Nagel R, Ares M, et al. Role of the ubiquitin-like protein Hub1 in splice-site usage and alternative splicing. Nature. 2011;474:173-8 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates a novel mechanism for splice site utilization that is guided by non-covalent modification of the spliceosome by an unconventional ubiquitin-like modifier. ..
- Stukenbrock E, Christiansen F, Hansen T, Dutheil J, Schierup M. Fusion of two divergent fungal individuals led to the recent emergence of a unique widespread pathogen species. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:10954-9 pubmed publisher..The successful spread of this unique reproductively isolated pathogen highlights the strong potential of hybridization in the emergence of pathogen species with sexual reproduction. ..
- Glaeser S, Dott W, Busse H, Kampfer P. Fictibacillus phosphorivorans gen. nov., sp. nov. and proposal to reclassify Bacillus arsenicus, Bacillus barbaricus, Bacillus macauensis, Bacillus nanhaiensis, Bacillus rigui, Bacillus solisalsi and Bacillus gelatini in the genus Fictibacillus. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:2934-44 pubmed publisher..6854(T)) and LMG 21881(T) ( = DSM 15866(T)), respectively]. ..
- Hess N, Merz B, Gundelfinger E. Acetylcholine receptors of the Drosophila brain: a 900 bp promoter fragment contains the essential information for specific expression of the ard gene in vivo. FEBS Lett. 1994;346:135-40 pubmed..Both in embryos and adults the levels of lacZ RNA were similar to those of endogenous ARD transcripts, suggesting that the 900 bp fragment harbors all essential elements for proper expression of the ard gene. ..
- Gast A, Neuschmid Kaspar F, Klocker H, Cato A. A single amino acid exchange abolishes dimerization of the androgen receptor and causes Reifenstein syndrome. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;111:93-8 pubmed..Here we show that the single amino acid exchange abolishes dimerization of the receptor. With this finding we demonstrate that the destruction of dimerization of the androgen receptor is one of the causes of Reifenstein syndrome. ..
- Moepps B, Frodl R, Rodewald H, Baggiolini M, Gierschik P. Two murine homologues of the human chemokine receptor CXCR4 mediating stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha activation of Gi2 are differentially expressed in vivo. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:2102-12 pubmed
- Blaser C, Kaufmann M, Pircher H. Virus-activated CD8 T cells and lymphokine-activated NK cells express the mast cell function-associated antigen, an inhibitory C-type lectin. J Immunol. 1998;161:6451-4 pubmed..Thus, the MAFA molecule in the mouse is a putative inhibitory receptor on anti-viral CD8 T cells induced in vivo and on NK cells. ..
- Schneider R, Travers A, Kutateladze T, Muskhelishvili G. A DNA architectural protein couples cellular physiology and DNA topology in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1999;34:953-64 pubmed..We propose that FIS is involved in coupling cellular physiology to the topology of the bacterial chromosome. ..
- Faisst A, Alvarez Bolado G, Treichel D, Gruss P. Rotatin is a novel gene required for axial rotation and left-right specification in mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2002;113:15-28 pubmed..Our results show a novel key player in the genetic cascade that determines L-R specification, and suggest a causal link between this process and axial rotation. ..
- Benesch S, Lommel S, Steffen A, Stradal T, Scaplehorn N, Way M, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate (PIP2)-induced vesicle movement depends on N-WASP and involves Nck, WIP, and Grb2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37771-6 pubmed
- Liepelt S, Bialozyt R, Ziegenhagen B. Wind-dispersed pollen mediates postglacial gene flow among refugia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14590-4 pubmed..Therefore we postulate that an exchange of genetic information between refugia by range-wide paternal introgression is possible in wind-pollinated plant species. ..
- Lee J, Rudd J, Macioszek V, Scheel D. Dynamic changes in the localization of MAPK cascade components controlling pathogenesis-related (PR) gene expression during innate immunity in parsley. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22440-8 pubmed
- Steinke D, Albrecht C, Pfenninger M. Molecular phylogeny and character evolution in the Western Palaearctic Helicidae s.l. (Gastropoda: Stylommatophora). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2004;32:724-34 pubmed..The presence of an unique loop region of the 16S rDNA gene and a short tandem repeat in the ITS-1 region provide independent evidence for the monophyly of these major two groups, and can be used for preliminary classification. ..
- Keiper S, Bebenroth D, Seelig B, Westhof E, Jäschke A. Architecture of a Diels-Alderase ribozyme with a preformed catalytic pocket. Chem Biol. 2004;11:1217-27 pubmed..It is proposed that the catalytic pocket is formed by a wedge within one of these helices. ..
- Singh R, Kefala G, Janowski R, Mueller Dieckmann C, von Kries J, Weiss M. The high-resolution Structure of LeuB (Rv2995c) from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Mol Biol. 2005;346:1-11 pubmed..The inhibitor O-isobutenyl oxalylhydroxamate was found to bind to the active site of IPMDH in a mode similar to the substrate isopropylmalate. ..
- Krause A, Ramakumar A, Bartels D, Battistoni F, Bekel T, Boch J, et al. Complete genome of the mutualistic, N2-fixing grass endophyte Azoarcus sp. strain BH72. Nat Biotechnol. 2006;24:1385-91 pubmed..The genome contains remarkably few mobile elements, indicating a low rate of recent gene transfer that is presumably due to adaptation to a stable, low-stress microenvironment...
- Faust A, Niefind K, Hummel W, Schomburg D. The structure of a bacterial L-amino acid oxidase from Rhodococcus opacus gives new evidence for the hydride mechanism for dehydrogenation. J Mol Biol. 2007;367:234-48 pubmed publisher..These results are of general relevance for the mechanism of flavoproteins and lead to the proposal of a common dehydrogenation step in the mechanism for l and d-amino acid oxidases...
- Hu J, Saedler H. Evolution of the inflated calyx syndrome in Solanaceae. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:2443-53 pubmed..These findings are discussed in an evolutionary context of a molecular pathway leading to ICS...
- Kneissl J, Wachtler V, Chua N, Bolle C. OWL1: an Arabidopsis J-domain protein involved in perception of very low light fluences. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3212-25 pubmed publisher..Both proteins are involved in the agravitropic response under FR light. We propose a central function of OWL1 in the VLFR pathway, which is essential for plant survival under unfavorable light conditions...
- Springauf A, Grunder S. An acid-sensing ion channel from shark (Squalus acanthias) mediates transient and sustained responses to protons. J Physiol. 2010;588:809-20 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the conservation of the amino acids crucial for proton gating can predict proton sensitivity of an ASIC and increase our understanding of the evolution of ASICs...
- Tokarz J, Mindnich R, Norton W, M ller G, Hrab de Angelis M, Adamski J. Discovery of a novel enzyme mediating glucocorticoid catabolism in fish: 20beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;349:202-13 pubmed publisher..In contrast to other enzymes metabolizing C21-steroids and being mostly involved in reproduction we propose that novel type 2 20beta-HSDs in teleost fish are important enzymes in cortisol catabolism...
- Schulze S, Mallmann J, Burscheidt J, Koczor M, Streubel M, Bauwe H, et al. Evolution of C4 photosynthesis in the genus flaveria: establishment of a photorespiratory CO2 pump. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2522-35 pubmed publisher..The knowledge gained by this study sheds light on the early steps in C(4) evolution. ..
- Schlensog V, Lutz S, Bock A. Purification and DNA-binding properties of FHLA, the transcriptional activator of the formate hydrogenlyase system from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19590-6 pubmed..Formate seems to have no effect on the DNA-binding properties of FHLA. The binding sites of FHLA were characterized by DNase I footprinting; sequence motifs putatively involved in the interaction with FHLA are described. ..
- Hagemann M, Richter S, Mikkat S. The ggtA gene encodes a subunit of the transport system for the osmoprotective compound glucosylglycerol in Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:714-20 pubmed..The Northern blot technique revealed increased transcription of the ggtA gene in cells adapted to higher salt concentrations, whereas in cells from basal medium, its transcription was weak...
- Reuter M, Schneider Mergener J, Kupper D, Meisel A, Mackeldanz P, Kr ger D, et al. Regions of endonuclease EcoRII involved in DNA target recognition identified by membrane-bound peptide repertoires. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5213-21 pubmed
- Reibiger I, Aust G, Tscheudschilsuren G, Beyer R, Gebhardt C, Spanel Borowski K. The expression of substance P and its neurokinin-1 receptor mRNA in the bovine corpus luteum of early developmental stage. Neurosci Lett. 2001;299:49-52 pubmed..We conclude: The production of SP and the expression of NK-1 receptor mRNA may be involved in the selective recruitment of eosinophils into the bovine corpus luteum of early developmental stage. ..
- Karamloo F, Scheurer S, Wangorsch A, May S, Haustein D, Vieths S. Pyr c 1, the major allergen from pear (Pyrus communis), is a new member of the Bet v 1 allergen family. J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl. 2001;756:281-93 pubmed..Unlimited amounts of pure rPyr c 1 are now available for studies on the structure and epitopes of pollen-related food allergens. Moreover, the allergen may serve as stable and standardised diagnostic material. ..
- Oksche A, Leder G, Valet S, Platzer M, Hasse K, Geist S, et al. Variant amino acids in the extracellular loops of murine and human vasopressin V2 receptors account for differences in cell surface expression and ligand affinity. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:799-813 pubmed..Thus, a single amino acid difference in the first extracellular loop between mV(2)R and hV(2)R determines the efficiency of cell surface expression. ..
- Wente W, Stroh T, Beaudet A, Richter D, Kreienkamp H. Interactions with PDZ domain proteins PIST/GOPC and PDZK1 regulate intracellular sorting of the somatostatin receptor subtype 5. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32419-25 pubmed
- Wilson D, Harms J, Nierhaus K, Schlünzen F, Fucini P. Species-specific antibiotic-ribosome interactions: implications for drug development. Biol Chem. 2005;386:1239-52 pubmed..Understanding how these small alterations at the binding site influence interaction with the drug will be essential for rational design of more potent inhibitors. ..
- Miyares R, Stein C, Renisch B, Anderson J, Hammerschmidt M, Farber S. Long-chain Acyl-CoA synthetase 4A regulates Smad activity and dorsoventral patterning in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Cell. 2013;27:635-47 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role for Acsl4a in modulating Bmp-Smad activity and provide a potential avenue for LC-PUFAs to influence a variety of developmental processes. ..
- Rosenstein R, Peschel A, Wieland B, G tz F. Expression and regulation of the antimonite, arsenite, and arsenate resistance operon of Staphylococcus xylosus plasmid pSX267. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:3676-83 pubmed..The three ars genes conferred arsenite resistance in E. coli and arsenite as well as arsenate resistance in Bacillus subtilis...
- Cronshagen U, Voland P, Kern H. cDNA cloning and characterization of a novel 16 kDa protein located in zymogen granules of rat pancreas and goblet cells of the gut. Eur J Cell Biol. 1994;65:366-77 pubmed
- Muller P, Keller M, Weng W, Quandt J, Arnold W, Puhler A. Genetic analysis of the Rhizobium meliloti exoYFQ operon: ExoY is homologous to sugar transferases and ExoQ represents a transmembrane protein. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1993;6:55-65 pubmed..strain NGR234. ExoQ is most probably a membrane associated protein as deduced by its hydrophobic structural features. All three genes of the exoYFQ operon were shown to be essential for succinoglucan synthesis and nodule infection. ..
- Götz B, Scholze A, Clement A, Joester A, Schutte K, Wigger F, et al. Tenascin-C contains distinct adhesive, anti-adhesive, and neurite outgrowth promoting sites for neurons. J Cell Biol. 1996;132:681-99 pubmed..Furthermore, the properties of isoform-specific TN-C domains suggest functional significance of the alternative splicing of TN-C glycoproteins. ..
- Shin Y, Gathof B, Podskarbi T, Sommer M, Giugliani R, Gresser U. Three missense mutations in the galactose-1-phosphate uridyltransferase gene of three families with mild galactosaemia. Eur J Pediatr. 1996;155:393-7 pubmed..These missense mutations occur in regions that are not highly conserved domains. The study of the molecular basis related to the phenotype variation may indeed help to prognosticate the outcome of patients with classical galactosaemia. ..
- Timpl R, Brown J. Supramolecular assembly of basement membranes. Bioessays. 1996;18:123-32 pubmed..Thus many molecular interactions, of variable affinities, determine the final shape of basement membranes and their preferred subanatomical localization. ..
- Brass N, Heckel D, Sahin U, Pfreundschuh M, Sybrecht G, Meese E. Translation initiation factor eIF-4gamma is encoded by an amplified gene and induces an immune response in squamous cell lung carcinoma. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:33-9 pubmed..eIF-4gamma is encoded by an amplified gene and possibly plays a crucial part in the development of squamous cell lung carcinoma. ..
- Gross T, Lützelberger M, Weigmann H, Klingenhoff A, Shenoy S, Kaufer N. Functional analysis of the fission yeast Prp4 protein kinase involved in pre-mRNA splicing and isolation of a putative mammalian homologue. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:1028-35 pubmed..pombe. Prp4 and the recombinant yeast/mouse protein kinase phosphorylate the human SR splicing factor ASF/SF2 in vitro in its RS domain. ..
- Diederichs K, Diez J, Greller G, Muller C, Breed J, Schnell C, et al. Crystal structure of MalK, the ATPase subunit of the trehalose/maltose ABC transporter of the archaeon Thermococcus litoralis. EMBO J. 2000;19:5951-61 pubmed..The structure and its relationship to function are discussed in the light of known mutations from the homologous Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium proteins...
- Just F, Essbauer S. Characterization of an iridescent virus isolated from Gryllus bimaculatus (Orthoptera: Gryllidae). J Invertebr Pathol. 2001;77:51-61 pubmed..These data indicate that this new isolate, which we propose to be termed Gryllus bimaculatus iridescent virus, belongs to the genus Iridovirus of the family Iridoviridae...
- Yassin A, Rainey F, Steiner U. Nocardia cyriacigeorgici sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2001;51:1419-23 pubmed..The name Nocardia cyriacigeorgici sp. nov. is proposed for this isolate, and is represented by strain IMMIB D-1627T (= DSM 44484T). ..
- Dudek J, Volkmer J, Bies C, Guth S, Müller A, Lerner M, et al. A novel type of co-chaperone mediates transmembrane recruitment of DnaK-like chaperones to ribosomes. EMBO J. 2002;21:2958-67 pubmed
- Fritzsche H, Schwede T, Schulz G. Covalent and three-dimensional structure of the cyclodextrinase from Flavobacterium sp. no. 92. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2332-41 pubmed..Moreover, the domain is located at a position quite different from that of the other cyclodextrinases. Whether oligomerization facilitates the cyclodextrin deformation required for hydrolysis is discussed. ..
- Buitkamp J, Ewald D, Masabanda J, Bishop M, Fries R. FISH and RH mapping of the bovine alpha (2)/delta calcium channel subunit gene (CACNA2D1). Anim Genet. 2003;34:309-10 pubmed
- Tian X, Paul M. Species-specific splicing and expression of angiotensin converting enzyme. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:1037-44 pubmed..This isoform likely participates in local angiotensin II formation in both somatic and germinal tissues, and associates with certain physiological or pathophysiological events. ..