Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Denmark
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications303 found, 100 shown here
- Troelsen J, Mitchelmore C, Spodsberg N, Jensen A, Noren O, Sjostrom H. Regulation of lactase-phlorizin hydrolase gene expression by the caudal-related homoeodomain protein Cdx-2. Biochem J. 1997;322 ( Pt 3):833-8 pubmed..A mutation in CE-LPH1, which does not affect Cdx-2 binding, results in a higher transcriptional activity, indicating that the CE-LPH1 site contains other binding site(s) in addition to the Cdx-2-binding site. ..
- Jørgensen M, Jensen O, Holst H, Hansen J, Corydon T, Bross P, et al. Grp78 is involved in retention of mutant low density lipoprotein receptor protein in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:33861-8 pubmed..This indicates that the Grp78 interaction is a rate-limiting step in the maturation of the wild type LDL receptor and that Grp78 may be an important factor in the quality control of newly synthesized LDL receptors. ..
- Burhenne K, Kristensen B, Rasmussen S. A new class of N-hydroxycinnamoyltransferases. Purification, cloning, and expression of a barley agmatine coumaroyltransferase (EC 18.104.22.168). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13919-27 pubmed publisher..The barley ACT is unique in producing the precursor of hordatine, a proven antifungal factor that may be directed toward Blumeria graminis...
- Bundgaard J, Birkedal H, Rehfeld J. Progastrin is directed to the regulated secretory pathway by synergistically acting basic and acidic motifs. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5488-93 pubmed..This implies that the mutants are constitutively secreted. Our data suggest that the dibasic processing sites constitute the most important sorting domain of progastrin, and these sites act in synergy with the acidic domain. ..
- Winther T, Madsen C, Pedersen A, von Linstow M, Eugen Olsen J, Hogh B. Limited inter- and intra-patient sequence diversity of the genetic lineage A human metapneumovirus fusion gene. Virus Genes. 2005;31:89-97 pubmed..Possibly this is a mechanism for immune system evasion. The F protein is a major antigenic determinant, and the limited sequence diversity observed lay emphasis on the hMPV F gene as a putative target for future vaccine development. ..
- Hansen M, Wind T, Blouse G, Christensen A, Petersen H, Kjelgaard S, et al. A urokinase-type plasminogen activator-inhibiting cyclic peptide with an unusual P2 residue and an extended protease binding surface demonstrates new modalities for enzyme inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38424-37 pubmed..Peptide-derived inhibitors such as upain-1 may provide novel mechanistic information about enzyme-inhibitor interactions and alternative methodologies for designing effective protease inhibitors. ..
- Andersen G, Andersen B, Dobritzsch D, Schnackerz K, Piskur J. A gene duplication led to specialized gamma-aminobutyrate and beta-alanine aminotransferase in yeast. FEBS J. 2007;274:1804-17 pubmed..It is likely that upon duplication approximately 200 million years ago, a specialized Uga1p evolved into a 'novel' transaminase enzyme with broader substrate specificity. ..
- Larsen K, Madsen L. Sequence conservation between porcine and human LRRK2. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:237-43 pubmed..The porcine LRRK2 gene was mapped to chromosome 5q25. The results obtained suggest that the LRRK2 gene might be of particular interest in our attempt to generate a transgenic porcine model for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Kong Y, Xia Y, Nielsen J, Nielsen P. Structure and function of the microbial community in a full-scale enhanced biological phosphorus removal plant. Microbiology. 2007;153:4061-73 pubmed..In total, about 81% of all bacteria hybridizing with the general eubacterial probe were detected in the Skagen WWTP by using clone- or group-specific probes, indicating that most members of the microbial community had been identified...
- Ravn Haren G, Krath B, Overvad K, Cold S, Moesgaard S, Larsen E, et al. Effect of long-term selenium yeast intervention on activity and gene expression of antioxidant and xenobiotic metabolising enzymes in healthy elderly volunteers from the Danish Prevention of Cancer by Intervention by Selenium (PRECISE) pilot study. Br J Nutr. 2008;99:1190-8 pubmed..Down regulation of phase 2 genes could increase the risk of cancer. However, further studies are needed to establish whether the observed effect in leucocytes reflects a similar expression pattern in target tissues. ..
- Jønsson K, Fabre P, Ricklefs R, Fjeldsa J. Major global radiation of corvoid birds originated in the proto-Papuan archipelago. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2328-33 pubmed publisher..The archipelago evidently provided islands of the right size, number, and proximity to continental areas to support the adaptation and diversification of vagile colonizers that went on to increase avian diversity on a global scale. ..
- Østergaard L, Honoré B, Thorsen L, Baandrup J, Eskildsen Helmond Y, Laursen B, et al. Pulmonary pressure reduction attenuates expression of proteins identified by lung proteomic profiling in pulmonary hypertensive rats. Proteomics. 2011;11:4492-502 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that pulmonary pressure is an important factor for initiating signaling pathways leading to protein expression and muscularization in the pulmonary vasculature. ..
- S ndergaard A, San Millan A, Santos Lopez A, Nielsen S, Gonzalez Zorn B, N rskov Lauritsen N. Molecular organization of small plasmids bearing blaTEM-1 and conferring resistance to ?-lactams in Haemophilus influenzae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:4958-60 pubmed publisher..The plasmids transformed strain Rd to the ampicillin-resistant phenotype...
- Møller L, Ploug M, Blasi F. Structural requirements for glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol-anchor attachment in the cellular receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator. Eur J Biochem. 1992;208:493-500 pubmed
- Munch Petersen A, Jensen N. Analysis of the regulatory region of the Escherichia coli nupG gene, encoding a nucleoside-transport protein. Eur J Biochem. 1990;190:547-51 pubmed..In strains lacking cAMP the promoter expression is reduced and it is no longer regulated by the cytR repressor, whereas the deoR regulation is retained. ..
- Lundegaard C, Jensen K. The DNA damage-inducible dinD gene of Escherichia coli is equivalent to orfY upstream of pyrE. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:3383-5 pubmed..No data were obtained that reveal any hints about the function of the dinD gene. ..
- Sørensen C, Krogh Pedersen H, Petersen T. Determination of the disulphide bridge arrangement of bovine histidine-rich glycoprotein. FEBS Lett. 1993;328:285-90 pubmed
- Kjalke M, Welinder K, Koch C. Structural analysis of chicken factor B-like protease and comparison with mammalian complement proteins factor B and C2. J Immunol. 1993;151:4147-52 pubmed..This conclusion is in agreement with the requirement for the B-like protease in both classical and alternative activation pathways for chicken complement, and with the apparent lack of a chicken serum protein with exclusive C2 activity. ..
- Hansen L, Wang X, Kopchick J, Bouchelouche P, Nielsen J, Galsgaard E, et al. Identification of tyrosine residues in the intracellular domain of the growth hormone receptor required for transcriptional signaling and Stat5 activation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12669-73 pubmed..This study demonstrates that specific tyrosines in the GH receptor are required for transcriptional signaling possibly by their role in the activation of transcription factor Stat5. ..
- Hansson M, Gustafsson M, Kannangara C, Hederstedt L. Isolated Bacillus subtilis HemY has coproporphyrinogen III to coproporphyrin III oxidase activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1340:97-104 pubmed..Our results suggest that the coproporphyrinogen III to coproporphyrin III activity of HemY is either avoided in B. subtilis in vivo or that coproporphyrin III is a heme biosynthetic intermediate in this bacterium. ..
- Lykke Andersen J, Garrett R. RNA-protein interactions of an archaeal homotetrameric splicing endoribonuclease with an exceptional evolutionary history. EMBO J. 1997;16:6290-300 pubmed publisher..jannaschii enzyme consists of two isologously associated dimers, each similar to one H.volcanii monomer and each consisting of two monomers, where one face of monomer 1 and the opposite face of monomer 2 are involved in RNA binding...
- Andersen F, Jensen J, Heller R, Petersen H, Larsson L, Madsen O, et al. Pax6 and Pdx1 form a functional complex on the rat somatostatin gene upstream enhancer. FEBS Lett. 1999;445:315-20 pubmed..We conclude that the beta/delta-cell-specific activity of the SMS-UE is achieved through simultaneous binding of Pdx1 and Pax6 to the B- and C-elements, respectively. Furthermore, the A-element appears to stabilise Pax6 binding. ..
- Bross P, Pedersen P, Winter V, Nyholm M, Johansen B, Olsen R, et al. A polymorphic variant in the human electron transfer flavoprotein alpha-chain (alpha-T171) displays decreased thermal stability and is overrepresented in very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase-deficient patients with mild childhood presentation. Mol Genet Metab. 1999;67:138-47 pubmed
- Groth C, Petersen R, Piskur J. Diversity in organization and the origin of gene orders in the mitochondrial DNA molecules of the genus Saccharomyces. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:1833-41 pubmed..While within the sensu stricto group transposition has been a predominant mechanism for the creation of novel gene orders, the sensu lato yeasts could have used both transposition- and inversion-based mechanisms. ..
- Fink T, Kazlauskas A, Poellinger L, Ebbesen P, Zachar V. Identification of a tightly regulated hypoxia-response element in the promoter of human plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. Blood. 2002;99:2077-83 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that hypoxia-induced transcription is mediated through HIF-1 interaction with the HRE-2 site of the human PAI-1 promoter. ..
- Woetmann A, Brockdorff J, Lovato P, Nielsen M, Leick V, Rieneck K, et al. Protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) regulates interleukin-4-mediated STAT6 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2787-91 pubmed..In conclusion, we provide the first evidence that PP2A plays a crucial role in the regulation of STAT6 function. ..
- Rosenberg T, Baumann B, Kohl S, Zrenner E, Jorgensen A, Wissinger B. Variant phenotypes of incomplete achromatopsia in two cousins with GNAT2 gene mutations. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:4256-62 pubmed..The cases presented broaden the phenotypic spectrum of GNAT2 mutations and underline the increasing importance of molecular genetics in the clinical diagnosis of atypical ophthalmic phenotypes. ..
- Frisvad J, Samson R. Emericella venezuelensis, a new species with stellate ascospores producing sterigmatocystin and aflatoxin B1. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2004;27:672-80 pubmed..variecolor is equivocal, this species is epitypified with CBS 598.65. Emericella species normally do not appear to cause problems for food safety, as they are most often found in litter and soil...
- Kruse T, Bork Jensen J, Gerdes K. The morphogenetic MreBCD proteins of Escherichia coli form an essential membrane-bound complex. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:78-89 pubmed..Based on these and other observations we propose a model in which the membrane-associated MreBCD complex directs longitudinal cell wall synthesis in a process essential to maintain cell morphology. ..
- Schierup M, Mordhorst C, Muller C, Christensen L. Evidence of recombination among early-vaccination era measles virus strains. BMC Evol Biol. 2005;5:52 pubmed..Signs of pre-vaccination recombination events in the present-day sequences are not strong enough to be detectable. ..
- Larsen K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding endonuclease from potato (Solanum tuberosum). J Plant Physiol. 2005;162:1263-9 pubmed..RT-PCR expression analysis demonstrated that the potato StEN1 gene is constitutively expressed in potato, although minor differences in expression level in different tissues were observed. ..
- Kvist T, Ahring B, Lasken R, Westermann P. Specific single-cell isolation and genomic amplification of uncultured microorganisms. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;74:926-35 pubmed..The system was validated using Methanothermobacter thermoautotrophicus as single-cell test organism, and the validation setup produced 100% sequence homology to the ten tested regions of the genome of this organism. ..
- Nordentoft I, Jeppesen P, Hong J, Abudula R, Hermansen K. Isosteviol increases insulin sensitivity and changes gene expression of key insulin regulatory genes and transcription factors in islets of the diabetic KKAy mouse. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2008;10:939-49 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that ISV improves glucose and insulin sensitivity as well as improving the lipid profile and upregulates the gene expression of key beta-cell genes, including insulin regulatory transcription factors. ..
- Jonstrup A, Thomsen T, Wang Y, Knudsen B, Koch J, Andersen A. Hairpin structures formed by alpha satellite DNA of human centromeres are cleaved by human topoisomerase IIalpha. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6165-74 pubmed publisher..Based on this a model is discussed, where topoisomerase II interacts with two hairpins as a mediator of centromere cohesion. ..
- Cramer J, Gustafsen C, Behrens M, Oliveira C, Pedersen J, Madsen P, et al. GGA autoinhibition revisited. Traffic. 2010;11:259-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings seem to refute the functional significance of GGA autoinhibition in particular and of intrinsic GGA binding motifs in general. ..
- Rehfeld J, Agersnap M. Unsulfated cholecystokinin: An overlooked hormone?. Regul Pept. 2012;173:1-5 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the occurrence, molecular forms, and possible physiological as well as pathophysiological significance of unsulfated CCK peptides. ..
- Gori K, Ryssel M, Arneborg N, Jespersen L. Isolation and identification of the microbiota of Danish farmhouse and industrially produced surface-ripened cheeses. Microb Ecol. 2013;65:602-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, DGGE bands corresponding to Vagococcus carniphilus, Psychrobacter spp. and Lb. curvatus on the cheese surfaces indicated that these bacterial species may play a role in cheese ripening. ..
- Jonstrup A, Fredsøe J, Andersen A. DNA hairpins as temperature switches, thermometers and ionic detectors. Sensors (Basel). 2013;13:5937-44 pubmed publisher..DNA based sensors are at the same time applicable as ion detectors to monitor the chemical environment of a specific system. ..
- Hong Z, De Meulemeester L, Jacobi A, Pedersen J, Morth J, Andreasen P, et al. Crystal Structure of a Two-domain Fragment of Hepatocyte Growth Factor Activator Inhibitor-1: FUNCTIONAL INTERACTIONS BETWEEN THE KUNITZ-TYPE INHIBITOR DOMAIN-1 AND THE NEIGHBORING POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE-LIKE DOMAIN. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14340-55 pubmed publisher..e. the first structure of an intramolecular interaction between a Kunitz and another domain). ..
- Rasmussen O, Oerum H. Analysis of the gene for phenylalanine ammonia-lyase from Rhodosporidium toruloides. DNA Seq. 1991;1:207-11 pubmed..PAL from R. toruloides is 78% and 37% homologous to PAL from Rhodotorula rubra and Petroselinum crispum, respectively. Alignment of the PAL sequences is related to data of enzyme function...
- Rasmussen O, Beck T, Olsen J, Dons L, Rossen L. Listeria monocytogenes isolates can be classified into two major types according to the sequence of the listeriolysin gene. Infect Immun. 1991;59:3945-51 pubmed..Assays based on hybridization or the polymerase chain reaction with type-specific oligonucleotides may provide fast and easy alternative methods for strain typing...
- Dissing J, Johnsen A, Sensabaugh G. Human red cell acid phosphatase (ACP1). The amino acid sequence of the two isozymes Bf and Bs encoded by the ACP1*B allele. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:20619-25 pubmed..No homology was observed with other sequenced proteins, and this establishes these low molecular weight acid phosphatases as products of a distinct gene family. ..
- Madsen P, Rasmussen H, Flint T, Gromov P, Kruse T, Honore B, et al. Cloning, expression, and chromosome mapping of human galectin-7. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5823-9 pubmed..Both, its cellular localization as well as its striking down-regulation in K14 keratinocytes imply a role in cell-cell and/or cell-matrix interactions necessary for normal growth control. The galectin-7 gene was mapped to chromosome 19. ..
- Jacobsen S, Andersen S, Højrup P. Amino acid sequence determination of a protein purified from the shell of the shrimp, Pandalus borealis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 1994;109:209-17 pubmed..Characteristic features of the sequence are discussed and compared to sequences from insect cuticular proteins and other structural proteins...
- Seeger C, Poulsen C, Dandanell G. Identification and characterization of genes (xapA, xapB, and xapR) involved in xanthosine catabolism in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:5506-16 pubmed..In minicells, the XapB polypeptide was found primarily in the membrane fraction, indicating that XapB is a transport protein like NupG and is involved in the transport of xanthosine. ..
- Nørregaard Madsen M, Mygind B, Pedersen R, Valentin Hansen P, Søgaard Andersen L. The gene encoding the periplasmic cyclophilin homologue, PPIase A, in Escherichia coli, is expressed from four promoters, three of which are activated by the cAMP-CRP complex and negatively regulated by the CytR repressor. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:989-97 pubmed..These results expand the CytR regulon to include a gene whose product has no known function in ribo- and deoxyribonucleoside catabolism or transport. ..
- Sørensen A, Duch M, Amtoft H, Jørgensen P, Pedersen F. Sequence tags of provirus integration sites in DNAs of tumors induced by the murine retrovirus SL3-3. J Virol. 1996;70:4063-70 pubmed..One of the remaining 32 proviral integration site sequences that show no similarities to known sequences may represent a common integration site, as 2 of the 20 tumors demonstrated clonal provirus insertion into this region. ..
- Lund A, Knudsen S, Vissing H, Clark B, Tommerup N. Assignment of human elongation factor 1alpha genes: EEF1A maps to chromosome 6q14 and EEF1A2 to 20q13.3. Genomics. 1996;36:359-61 pubmed..3 by FISH. In addition, the 11 strongest cross-hybridizing loci (EEF1AL2-EEF1AL13) were mapped by FISH to 12p12, 9q34, 7p15-p21, 19q13, 3q26-q27, 7q33-q35, 1p13-p22, 2q12-q14, 5p12-q11, 1q31-q32, and Xq21. ..
- Andersen M, Berglund L, Rasmussen J, Petersen T. Bovine PAS-6/7 binds alpha v beta 5 integrins and anionic phospholipids through two domains. Biochemistry. 1997;36:5441-6 pubmed..These results show that PAS-6/7 is a common protein which can bind to membranes by two distinct mechanisms, one through affinity to integrin alpha v beta 5 and another by direct binding to phospholipids. ..
- Tarabykina S, Scott D, Herzyk P, Hill T, Tame J, Kriajevska M, et al. The dimerization interface of the metastasis-associated protein S100A4 (Mts1): in vivo and in vitro studies. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24212-22 pubmed..Our mutation data showed that the specificity at the dimerization surface is not particularly stringent, which is consistent with recent data indicating that S100 proteins can form heterodimers. ..
- Hedegaard J, Okkels H, Bruun B, Kilian M, Mortensen K, Nørskov Lauritsen N. Phylogeny of the genus Haemophilus as determined by comparison of partial infB sequences. Microbiology. 2001;147:2599-609 pubmed..The delineation of 'Haemophilus sensu stricto' as suggested by infB analysis supports previous results obtained by DNA hybridization, in contrast to the delineation inferred from 16S rRNA sequence comparison...
- Iversen A, Cazzamali G, Williamson M, Hauser F, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a Drosophila receptor for the neuropeptides capa-1 and -2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:628-33 pubmed..Because capa-1 and -2 and related insect neuropeptides stimulate fluid secretion in insect Malpighian (renal) tubules, the identification of this first insect capa receptor will advance our knowledge on insect renal function. ..
- Skov L, Seppälä U, Coen J, Crickmore N, King T, Monsalve R, et al. Structure of recombinant Ves v 2 at 2.0 Angstrom resolution: structural analysis of an allergenic hyaluronidase from wasp venom. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2006;62:595-604 pubmed..The analysis suggests that the harboured allergic IgE-mediated cross-reactivity between Ves v 2 and the allergen from D. maculata is much higher than that between Ves v 2 and the allergen from A. mellifera. ..
- Agersø Y, Petersen A. The tetracycline resistance determinant Tet 39 and the sulphonamide resistance gene sulII are common among resistant Acinetobacter spp. isolated from integrated fish farms in Thailand. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;59:23-7 pubmed..from integrated fish farms and these bacteria may constitute reservoirs of resistance genes that may increase owing to a selective pressure caused by the use of antimicrobials in the overlaying animal production. ..
- Almstrup K, Leffers H, Lothe R, Skakkebaek N, Sonne S, Nielsen J, et al. Improved gene expression signature of testicular carcinoma in situ. Int J Androl. 2007;30:292-302; discussion 303 pubmed..The merged CIS data from two different microarray platforms, to our knowledge, provide the most precise CIS gene expression signature to date. ..
- Jensen J, Sørensen S, Harholt J, Geshi N, Sakuragi Y, Møller I, et al. Identification of a xylogalacturonan xylosyltransferase involved in pectin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1289-302 pubmed publisher..The protein was shown by expression of a fluorescent fusion protein in N. benthamiana to be localized in the Golgi vesicles as expected for a glycosyltransferase involved in pectin biosynthesis. ..
- Andersen K, Jonstrup A, Van L, Brodersen D. The activity and selectivity of fission yeast Pop2p are affected by a high affinity for Zn2+ and Mn2+ in the active site. RNA. 2009;15:850-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, we use site-directed mutagenesis to propose a mechanistic model for the basis of the preference for poly-A sequences exhibited by the Pop2p-type deadenylases as well as their distributive enzymatic behavior. ..
- Rasmussen S, Nielsen H, Jarmer H. The transcriptionally active regions in the genome of Bacillus subtilis. Mol Microbiol. 2009;73:1043-57 pubmed publisher..One of the genes having this tail is efeN, which encodes a target of the twin-arginine translocase (Tat) protein translocation system. ..
- Bøggild A, Overgaard M, Valentin Hansen P, Brodersen D. Cyanobacteria contain a structural homologue of the Hfq protein with altered RNA-binding properties. FEBS J. 2009;276:3904-15 pubmed..The results have implications for our understanding of the evolution of the Sm fold and the Hfq proteins in the bacterial kingdom in general. ..
- Skottrup P, Leonard P, Kaczmarek J, Veillard F, Enghild J, O Kennedy R, et al. Diagnostic evaluation of a nanobody with picomolar affinity toward the protease RgpB from Porphyromonas gingivalis. Anal Biochem. 2011;415:158-67 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that RgpB can be used as a specific biomarker for P. gingivalis detection and that the presented nanobody-based assay could supplement existing methods for P. gingivalis detection. ..
- Overballe Petersen S, Harms K, Orlando L, Mayar J, Rasmussen S, Dahl T, et al. Bacterial natural transformation by highly fragmented and damaged DNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19860-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings open for the possibility that natural genetic exchange can occur with DNA up to several hundreds of thousands years old. ..
- Etzerodt A, Rasmussen M, Svendsen P, Chalaris A, Schwarz J, Galea I, et al. Structural basis for inflammation-driven shedding of CD163 ectodomain and tumor necrosis factor-? in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:778-88 pubmed publisher..This regulatory modality seems to have coincided with the evolution of an enhanced hemoglobin-protecting role of the haptoglobin-CD163 system in primates. ..
- Jensen M, Højrup P, Rasmussen J, Knudsen J. Purification and characterization of variants of acyl-CoA-binding protein in the bovine liver. Biochem J. 1992;284 ( Pt 3):809-12 pubmed..85 form was malonylated in the same position. Furthermore, it could be shown that non-enzymic glycosylation occurred during purification. The acetylated and malonylated variants of ACBP were only found in adult cattle. ..
- Siggaard Andersen M, Wissenbach M, Chuck J, Svendsen I, Olsen J, von Wettstein Knowles P. The fabJ-encoded beta-ketoacyl-[acyl carrier protein] synthase IV from Escherichia coli is sensitive to cerulenin and specific for short-chain substrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11027-31 pubmed..The described complementation assay can be used to detect condensing enzymes with other substrate specificities by supplementing the cerulenin-treated extract with appropriate purified KAS enzymes. ..
- Frolova L, Le Goff X, Rasmussen H, Cheperegin S, Drugeon G, Kress M, et al. A highly conserved eukaryotic protein family possessing properties of polypeptide chain release factor. Nature. 1994;372:701-3 pubmed publisher..The amino-acid sequence of the eRF1 family is highly conserved. We conclude that the eRF1 proteins are directly implicated in the termination of translation in eukaryotes...
- Carri re F, Thirstrup K, Hjorth S, Boel E. Cloning of the classical guinea pig pancreatic lipase and comparison with the lipase related protein 2. FEBS Lett. 1994;338:63-8 pubmed..Their distinct physiological roles are discussed in the light of functional amino acid differences...
- Wissing D, Mouritzen H, Egeblad M, Poirier G, Jaattela M. Involvement of caspase-dependent activation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 in tumor necrosis factor-induced apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5073-7 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest a novel caspase-dependent activation pathway for cPLA2 during apoptosis and identify cPLA2 as a mediator of TNF-induced cell death acting downstream of caspases. ..
- Sorensen M, Bjorn S, Norris K, Olsen O, Petersen L, James T, et al. Solution structure and backbone dynamics of the human alpha3-chain type VI collagen C-terminal Kunitz domain,. Biochemistry. 1997;36:10439-50 pubmed..1993) Biochemistry 32, 3571-3582]. It is suggested that this disulfide bond isomerization is the main reason for the surprisingly small effect on trypsin inhibition observed when Thr13(19) of alpha3(VI) is substituted with Pro. ..
- Honore B, Vorum H, Baandrup U. hnRNPs H, H' and F behave differently with respect to posttranslational cleavage and subcellular localization. FEBS Lett. 1999;456:274-80 pubmed..The presence of significant quantities of hnRNP F in the cytoplasm of many cells indicates that it also may have a functional role here. ..
- Nielsen R, Andersen M, Mabhout P, Berglund L, Petersen T, Rasmussen J. Isolation of adipophilin and butyrophilin from bovine milk and characterization of a cDNA encoding adipophilin. J Dairy Sci. 1999;82:2543-9 pubmed..Alignment with the proteins perilipin and TIP47 revealed two highly conserved segments, which may assemble into amphipathic alpha-helices. ..
- Gerdes K. Toxin-antitoxin modules may regulate synthesis of macromolecules during nutritional stress. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:561-72 pubmed
- Kjeldsen T. Yeast secretory expression of insulin precursors. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2000;54:277-86 pubmed..A spacer peptide localised between the leader and the insulin precursor has been developed to optimise Kex2 endoprotease processing and insulin precursor fermentation yield. ..
- Gjetting T, Petersen M, Guldberg P, Guttler F. Missense mutations in the N-terminal domain of human phenylalanine hydroxylase interfere with binding of regulatory phenylalanine. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:1353-60 pubmed
- Pallesen L, Berglund L, Rasmussen L, Petersen T, Rasmussen J. Isolation and characterization of MUC15, a novel cell membrane-associated mucin. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:2755-63 pubmed
- Petersen C, Møller L, Valentin Hansen P. The cryptic adenine deaminase gene of Escherichia coli. Silencing by the nucleoid-associated DNA-binding protein, H-NS, and activation by insertion elements. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31373-80 pubmed..The activating insertion elements essentially eliminated the H-NS-mediated silencing, and stimulated ade gene expression 2-3-fold independently of the H-NS protein. ..
- Johansson E, Bjornberg O, Nyman P, Larsen S. Structure of the bifunctional dCTP deaminase-dUTPase from Methanocaldococcus jannaschii and its relation to other homotrimeric dUTPases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27916-22 pubmed publisher..The active site contains two water molecules that are engaged in hydrogen bonds to the invariant residues Ser118, Arg122, Thr130, and Glu145. These water molecules are potential nucleophile candidates in the deamination reaction...
- Larsen K. Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNAs encoding cinnamoyl CoA reductase (CCR) from barley (Hordeum vulgare) and potato (Solanum tuberosum). J Plant Physiol. 2004;161:105-12 pubmed publisher..This expression pattern suggests that HvCCR is involved in constitutive lignification. Transcripts of StCCR1 were detected in potato root, leaf and also in stem although at a very low level...
- Leisner J, Vancanneyt M, Van der Meulen R, Lefebvre K, Engelbeen K, Hoste B, et al. Leuconostoc durionis sp. nov., a heterofermenter with no detectable gas production from glucose. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:1267-70 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is LMG 22556(T) (= LAB 1679(T) = D-24(T) = CCUG 49949(T)). ..
- Cazzamali G, Klaerke D, Grimmelikhuijzen C. A new family of insect tyramine receptors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1189-96 pubmed publisher..The Drosophila tyramine receptor is, to our knowledge, the first cloned insect G protein-coupled receptor that appears to be fully specific for tyramine...
- Arnau J, Lauritzen C, Petersen G, Pedersen J. Current strategies for the use of affinity tags and tag removal for the purification of recombinant proteins. Protein Expr Purif. 2006;48:1-13 pubmed..A comparison of the yield of standard vs. affinity purification together with an example of tag removal using TAGZyme is also included. ..
- Sherlock O, Dobrindt U, Jensen J, Munk Vejborg R, Klemm P. Glycosylation of the self-recognizing Escherichia coli Ag43 autotransporter protein. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:1798-807 pubmed..However, the glycosylated form of Ag43 enhances bacterial binding to human cell lines, whereas the nonglycosylated version of Ag43 does not to confer this property. ..
- Jakobsen T, Kjeldsen K, Ingvorsen K. Desulfohalobium utahense sp. nov., a moderately halophilic, sulfate-reducing bacterium isolated from Great Salt Lake. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:2063-9 pubmed..On the basis of phenotypic and genotypic characteristics, the novel species Desulfohalobium utahense sp. nov. is proposed, with strain EtOH3(T) (=VKM B-2384(T)=DSM 17720(T)) as the type strain...
- Emborg J, Dalgaard P, Ahrens P. Morganella psychrotolerans sp. nov., a histamine-producing bacterium isolated from various seafoods. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:2473-9 pubmed..5 % (w/v) NaCl and fermentation of d-galactose. The psychrotolerant strains appear to represent a novel species, for which the name Morganella psychrotolerans sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is U2/3(T) (=LMG 23374(T)=DSM 17886(T))...
- Petersen C, Nygård A, Viuff B, Fredholm M, Aasted B, Salomonsen J. Porcine ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 (NPP1/CD203a): cloning, transcription, expression, mapping, and identification of an NPP1/CD203a epitope for swine workshop cluster 9 (SWC9) monoclonal antibodies. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:618-31 pubmed..The antibody was used for immunohistochemical examination of various porcine tissues. Most prominent expression of NPP1/CD203a was found in lung macrophages and liver sinusoids. ..
- Nielsen M, Bozonnet S, Seo E, M ty n J, Andersen J, Dilokpimol A, et al. Two secondary carbohydrate binding sites on the surface of barley alpha-amylase 1 have distinct functions and display synergy in hydrolysis of starch granules. Biochemistry. 2009;48:7686-97 pubmed publisher..SBS1 and SBS2 also influence the kinetics of hydrolysis for amylose and maltooligosaccharides, the degree of multiple attack on amylose, and subsite binding energies...
- Ostergaard L, Simonsen U, Eskildsen Helmond Y, Vorum H, Uldbjerg N, Honoré B, et al. Proteomics reveals lowering oxygen alters cytoskeletal and endoplasmatic stress proteins in human endothelial cells. Proteomics. 2009;9:4457-67 pubmed publisher..g. cofilin-1, tubulin, and beta-actin) and in ER stress/apoptosis (e.g. Grp78/94, caspase 12, and cyclophilin A). ..
- Kristensen B, Frees D, Bojesen A. GtxA from Gallibacterium anatis, a cytolytic RTX-toxin with a novel domain organisation. Vet Res. 2010;41:25 pubmed publisher..Cytotoxicity towards HD11 cells was not detected with the C-terminal alone, suggesting that the N-terminal domain plays a critical role for the leukotoxicity. ..
- Agerholm J, Thulstrup P, Bjerrum M, Bendixen C, Jørgensen C, Fredholm M. A molecular study of congenital erythropoietic porphyria in cattle. Anim Genet. 2012;43:210-5 pubmed publisher..Our study supports the hypothesis that CEP in cattle is caused by a mutation affecting UROS; however, additional functional studies are needed to identify the causative mutation. ..
- Egebjerg J, Douthwaite S, Garrett R. Antibiotic interactions at the GTPase-associated centre within Escherichia coli 23S rRNA. EMBO J. 1989;8:607-11 pubmed..This difference correlates with the opposite effects of the two antibiotics on GTPase activity. ..
- Johnsen L, Rasmussen L, Petersen T, Berglund L. Characterization of three types of human alpha s1-casein mRNA transcripts. Biochem J. 1995;309 ( Pt 1):237-42 pubmed..Tissue-specific expression of human alpha s1-casein was indicated by Northern-blot analysis. In addition, two cryptic exons were localized in the bovine alpha s1-casein gene. ..