Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in China
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications408 found, 100 shown here
- Ng P, Yu R, Kwong T, Wong M, Kong R. Transcriptional regulation and functional implication of the grass carp CITED1 (gcCITED1) in the negative regulation of HIF-1. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1544-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that the hypoxia/gcHIF-1-inducible gcCITED1 may function in a negative feedback loop to regulate gcHIF-1 activity in response to hypoxia stress. ..
- Yang Y, Hu L, Wang P, Hou H, Lin Y, Liu Y, et al. Structural insights into a dual-specificity histone demethylase ceKDM7A from Caenorhabditis elegans. Cell Res. 2010;20:886-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, our systemic structural studies reveal not only the substrate recognition by the catalytic domain but also more importantly, the molecular mechanism of dual specificity of ceDKM7A for both H3K9me2 and H3K27me2. ..
- Hua C, Yi H, Jiao L. Cloning and expression of the endo-1,3(4)-?-glucanase gene from Paecilomyces sp. FLH30 and characterization of the recombinant enzyme. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1807-12 pubmed..0 and a temperature optimum at 70 °C, and randomly hydrolyzed barley ?-glucan, lichenin, and laminarin, suggesting that it is a typical endo-1,3(4)-?-glucanase (EC 184.108.40.206) with broad substrate specificity for ?-glucans. ..
- Luo M, Liu Z, Pan H, Zhao L, Li M. Historical geographic dispersal of the golden snub-nosed monkey (Rhinopithecus roxellana) and the influence of climatic oscillations. Am J Primatol. 2012;74:91-101 pubmed publisher..Such range shifts involved considerable demographic changes, as revealed in the dramatic decreases in population size during the last 25,000 years...
- Zhou J, Li K, Gu Y, Feng B, Ren G, Zhang L, et al. Transcriptional up-regulation of RhoE by hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1 promotes epithelial to mesenchymal transition of gastric cancer cells during hypoxia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:348-54 pubmed publisher..We propose that RhoE-targeted therapy might inhibit the high invasive potential of gastric cancer cells in hypoxic regions. ..
- Xu F, Deng G, Cheng S, Zhang W, Huang X, Li L, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression of the phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene from Juglans regia. Molecules. 2012;17:7810-23 pubmed publisher..Expression profiling analyses by real-time PCR revealed that JrPAL expression was induced by a variety of abiotic and biotic stresses, including UV-B, wounding, cold, abscisic acid and salicylic acid. ..
- Chen J, Jiang N, Wang T, Xie G, Zhang Z, Li H, et al. DNA shuffling of uricase gene leads to a more "human like" chimeric uricase with increased uricolytic activity. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;82:522-9 pubmed publisher..By homology modeling and 3-D structure analysis, it was speculated that mutations G248S and L266F contributed to the increased activity of chimera-62 by increasing the stability of Î±-helix and surface polarity respectively. ..
- Dai H, Mei W. Ophiopojaponin D, a new phenylpropanoid glycoside from Ophiopogon japonicus Ker-Gawl. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:1236-8 pubmed
- Cui P, Ji R, Ding F, Qi D, Gao H, Meng H, et al. A complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the wild two-humped camel (Camelus bactrianus ferus): an evolutionary history of camelidae. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:241 pubmed..bactrianus ferus and L. pacos suggested that the two tribes diverged from their common ancestor about 25 million years ago, much earlier than what was predicted based on fossil records. ..
- Li J, Wu H, Hong J, Xu X, Yang H, Wu B, et al. Odorranalectin is a small peptide lectin with potential for drug delivery and targeting. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2381 pubmed publisher..These findings identify the smallest lectin so far, and show the application potential of odorranalectin for drug delivery and targeting. It also disclosed a new strategy of amphibian anti-infection. ..
- Zhao L, Zhang J, Liu Z, Funk S, Wei F, Xu M, et al. Complex population genetic and demographic history of the Salangid, Neosalanx taihuensis, based on cytochrome b sequences. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:201 pubmed publisher..We proposed that all populations should be managed and conserved separately, especially for habitat protection. ..
- Ou Yang H, Zhang H, Wu C, Zhang P, Zhang J, Li J, et al. Notch signaling regulates the FOXP3 promoter through RBP-J- and Hes1-dependent mechanisms. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;320:109-14 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in freshly isolated Tregs, NIC-RBP-J complex is bound to the FOXP3 promoter in Tregs. Our results suggest that Notch signaling might be involved in the development and function of Tregs through regulating Foxp3 expression. ..
- Mothobi M, Guo S, Liu Y, Chen Q, Yussuf A, Zhu X, et al. Mutation analysis of congenital cataract in a Basotho family identified a new missense allele in CRYBB2. Mol Vis. 2009;15:1470-5 pubmed..In summary, we believe this new missense allele is the probable causative molecular lesion for the observed phenotype in this family. ..
- Vijaykrishna D, Poon L, Zhu H, Ma S, Li O, Cheung C, et al. Reassortment of pandemic H1N1/2009 influenza A virus in swine. Science. 2010;328:1529 pubmed publisher..Continued reassortment of H1N1/2009 with swine influenza viruses could produce variants with transmissibility and altered virulence for humans. Global systematic surveillance of influenza viruses in swine is warranted. ..
- Zhang N, Yan B, Xu X, Xu L. [Sequence analysis of rDNA-ITS of Bai Shouwu from different species]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1537-40 pubmed..GU198970 and No. GU479037) were obtained. Ten variable sites among the sequences were found. ITS sequence could be used to authenticate the species. The method could be used to identify germplasm resources and authenticate. ..
- Ke Y, Huang Y, Lei F. [Sequencing and analysis of the complete mitochondrial genome of Podoces hendersoni (Ave, Corvidae)]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:951-60 pubmed..Besides, F-box, D-box, C-box, B-box, Bird similarity-box and CSB1-box, which were found in the control region of other birds, also existed in the P. hendersoni...
- Kang L, Zhang Y, Zhang N, Zang L, Wang M, Cui X, et al. Identification of differentially expressed genes in ovaries of chicken attaining sexual maturity at different ages. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:3037-45 pubmed publisher..01) and 300-day-old (P < 0.05) to 500-day-old hens, respectively. The consistence of CCT6A expression and egg-laying performance suggests that CCT6A likely plays important role in sexual maturity in hens...
- Cheng H, Li L, Xu F, Cheng S, Cao F, Wang Y, et al. Expression patterns of a cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase gene involved in lignin biosynthesis and environmental stress in Ginkgo biloba. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:707-21 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the GbCAD1 gene may play a role in the resistance mechanism to biotic and abiotic stresses as well as in tissue-specific developmental lignification...
- Yu F, Shinawar W, Sun J, Luo L. Isolation and characterization of an endosulfan-degrading strain, Stenotrophomonas sp. LD-6, and its potential in soil bioremediation. Pol J Microbiol. 2012;61:257-62 pubmed..Besides, application of the strain was found to promote the removal of endosulfan in soil. This study might help with the future research in better understanding of the biodegradation...
- Yao Y, Zhao J, Dai Q, Li J, Zhou L, Wang Y, et al. Identification and characterization of the major histocompatibility complex class II DQB (MhcMath-DQB1) alleles in Tibetan macaques (Macaca thibetana). Tissue Antigens. 2013;82:113-21 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses confirms the trans-species model of evolution of the Mhc-DQB1 genes in non-human primates, and in particular, the extensive allele sharing is observed between Tibetan and other macaque species. ..
- Yu K, Sheng Z, Huang B, Ma X, Li Y, Yuan X, et al. Structural, antigenic, and evolutionary characterizations of the envelope protein of newly emerging Duck Tembusu Virus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71319 pubmed publisher..New findings described here shall give insights into the antigenicity and evolution of this new pathogen and provide guidance for further functional studies of the E protein for which no effective vaccine has yet been developed. ..
- Zhu L, Lan J, Huang Y, Zhang C, Zhou J, Fang W, et al. SpALF4: a newly identified anti-lipopolysaccharide factor from the mud crab Scylla paramamosain with broad spectrum antimicrobial activity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;36:172-80 pubmed publisher..This characteristic suggests SpALF4 plays an essential function in immune defense against pathogen invasion in mud crab. ..
- Liu Y, Gu Q, Ofosu F, Yu X. Isolation and characterization of curdlan produced by Agrobacterium HX1126 using Î±-lactose as substrate. Int J Biol Macromol. 2015;81:498-503 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a hypothesis for higher gel strength production is proposed. The gel forming property makes this exopolysaccaride a good potential application in the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. ..
- Xiao B, Sun Y, Lian B, Chen T. Complete genome sequence and comparative genome analysis of the Paenibacillus mucilaginosus K02. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:194-203 pubmed publisher..mucilaginosus strains 3016 and KNP414. In P. mucilaginosus K02, genes related to CA and exopolysaccharide biosynthesis and secretion, and that involved in metabolism-related processes might play significant roles in mineral weathering. ..
- Shen Z, Wang G, Fan J, Li W, Liu Y. HLA DR B1*04, *07-restricted epitopes on Keratin 17 for autoreactive T cells in psoriasis. J Dermatol Sci. 2005;38:25-39 pubmed..Further studies based on these peptides would provide a more complete understanding of the immunological basis of psoriasis. ..
- Ding J, Cui Z, Lee L, Cui X, Reddy S. The role of pp38 in regulation of Marek's disease virus bi-directional promoter between pp38 and 1.8-kb mRNA. Virus Genes. 2006;32:193-201 pubmed..All these data taken together suggest pp38 plays an important role in regulating the transcriptional activity of the bi-directional promoter...
- Jiang Y, Li X, Yang G. Sequence characterization, tissue-specific expression and polymorphism of the porcine (Sus scrofa) liver-type fatty acid binding protein gene. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:598-606 pubmed..01). The association analysis suggested that the C-->T polymorphism was associated with intramuscular fat content, indicating that the SNP is a potential molecular marker for intramuscular fat content. ..
- Wang Y, Wang Z, Li J, Wang Y, Leung F. Database for chicken full-length cDNAs. Physiol Genomics. 2007;28:141-5 pubmed..The cDNA alignment results presented herein and on our database will be useful for animal science and veterinary researchers wishing to clone and to confirm full-length chicken cDNAs of interest. ..
- Woo G, Wong A, Lee W, Lau C, Cheng P, Leung P, et al. Comparison of laboratory diagnostic methods for measles infection and identification of measles virus genotypes in Hong Kong. J Med Virol. 2010;82:1773-81 pubmed publisher..It was shown that the predominant measles viruses detected in Hong Kong during 2006-2009 belonged to genotype H1 (subtype a) and these strains were related closely to those detected in China. ..
- Zhai J, Dou Y, Zhang H, Mao L, Meng X, Luo X, et al. [Construction and sequencing of full-length cDNA of peste des petits ruminants virus]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2010;26:315-21 pubmed..Successful construction of full-length cDNA clone of PPRV Nigeria 75/1 strain lays the basis rescuing PPRV effectively and enables further research of PPRV at molecular level...
- Wang B, Yu C, Xi Y, Cai H, Wang J, Zhou S, et al. A novel CRYGD mutation (p.Trp43Arg) causing autosomal dominant congenital cataract in a Chinese family. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:E1939-47 pubmed publisher..The mutant protein was much less stable than the wild-type protein, and was more prone to aggregate when subjected to environmental stresses such as heat and UV irradiation. ..
- Ren K, Xian S, He F, Zhang W, Ding X, Wu Y, et al. CK2 phosphorylates AP-2? and increases its transcriptional activity. BMB Rep. 2011;44:490-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a novel cellular function of CK-2 as a transcriptional co-activator of AP-2?. ..
- Guo X. [Properties comparing and evolutionary analysis of MEF2 of Homo sapiens based on bioinformatic methods]. Yi Chuan. 2011;33:975-81 pubmed..The phylogenetic tree result shows that MEF2B may be original because of its difference of sequences and evolutional relation. ..
- Wang R, Li L, Cao Z, Zhao Q, Li M, Zhang L, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a novel apple MdCIPK6L gene reveals its involvement in multiple abiotic stress tolerance in transgenic plants. Plant Mol Biol. 2012;79:123-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MdCIPK6L functions in stress tolerance crossing the species barriers, and is supposed to be a potential candidate gene to improve stress tolerance by genetic manipulation in apple and other crops. ..
- Yang J, Liu G, Shen Y, Huo X, Cao X. [Effect of BYDV-MP nuclear localization signal on the movement of PVX]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2012;28:35-44 pubmed
- Wan C, Fu J, Wang Y, Miao S, Song W, Wang L. Exosome-related multi-pass transmembrane protein TSAP6 is a target of rhomboid protease RHBDD1-induced proteolysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37452 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that RHBDD1 is involved in the regulation of a nonclassical exosomal secretion pathway through the restriction of TSAP6. ..
- Yu D, Lai B, Li J, Ma Y, Yang F, Li Z, et al. Cornmeal-induced resistance to ciprofloxacin and erythromycin in enterococci. Chemosphere. 2012;89:70-5 pubmed publisher..To establish a model ecosystem to study the impact of cornmeal on the appearance and persistence of the erythromycin (ERY)- and ciprofloxacin (CIP)-resistant phenotypes in waterborne enterococci...
- Shi G, Yu Q, Shi L, Zhang Z. Molecular cloning and characterization of peroxiredoxin 4 involved in protection against oxidative stress in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Insect Mol Biol. 2012;21:581-92 pubmed publisher..Our data provide clues for the development of control technology for agricultural and forestry pests as the silkworm is a representative of lepidopteran pests...
- Li M, Chen J, Zhao Z, Zhang K, Li Z, Li J, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the pseudorabies virus US1 gene. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:85-98 pubmed publisher..Also, subcellular localization analysis demonstrated that PICP22 is predominantly located in the cytoplasm, suggesting that it might function as a cytoplasmic-targeted protein. ..
- Huang G, Yu D, Zhu Z, Zhao H, Wang P, Gray G, et al. Outbreak of febrile respiratory illness associated with human adenovirus type 14p1 in Gansu Province, China. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2013;7:1048-54 pubmed publisher..It seems prudent for China to develop a national surveillance system to determine the etiology of severe respiratory diseases and deaths among adults and school-aged children. ..
- Zhang D, Song H, Cheng H, Hao D, Wang H, Kan G, et al. The acid phosphatase-encoding gene GmACP1 contributes to soybean tolerance to low-phosphorus stress. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004061 pubmed publisher..The discovery of the optimal haplotype of GmACP1 will now enable the accurate selection of soybeans with higher P efficiencies and improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying P efficiency in plants...
- Wang H, Fang Y, Bao Z, Jin X, Zhu W, Wang L, et al. Identification of a Bombyx mori gene encoding small heat shock protein BmHsp27.4 expressed in response to high-temperature stress. Gene. 2014;538:56-62 pubmed publisher..4 increased at a high-temperature, in accordance with its increased mRNA level. In this study, BmHsp27.4 was identified as a novel B. mori gene with an important role in response to high-temperature stress. ..
- Gong J, Li W, Zhang D, Xie M, Yang B, Zhang R, et al. Biochemical Characterization of An Arginine-Specific Alkaline Trypsin from Bacillus licheniformis. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:30061-74 pubmed publisher..These data would warrant the B. licheniformis trypsin as a promising candidate for catalytic application in collagen preparation and leather bating through further protein engineering. ..
- Li Y, Wei K, Lu C, Li Y, Li M, Xing G, et al. Identification of hepatopoietin dimerization, its interacting regions and alternative splicing of its transcription. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3888-93 pubmed..These results implicated that the capacity of HPO to form both homodimers and heterodimers with the alternatively spliced forms might contribute to the existence of various HPO complexes in hepatic cells. ..
- Zhang X, Liang Z, Peng H, Zhang Z, Tang X, Liu T. Characterization and partial genome sequence analysis of Clostera anachoreta granulovirus. Virus Res. 2005;113:36-43 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis of VP1054 proteins from 20 baculoviruses indicated that ClanGV was more closely related to CpGV, ClGV, AoGV and PoGV than to other baculoviruses...
- Cheung T, Chu Y, Chu M, Ma C, Yung R, Kam K. Plasmid-mediated resistance to ciprofloxacin and cefotaxime in clinical isolates of Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis in Hong Kong. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2005;56:586-9 pubmed..This is the first report of transferable fluoroquinolone resistance due to a new qnr allele, which appeared to be linked to bla(CTX-M-14), in isolates of Salmonella Enteritidis in Hong Kong. ..
- Tian Z, Zhou B, Qian A, Xu H, Di S, Zhao Y, et al. [Cloning of silkworm 3-hydroxyisobutyrate dehydrogenase gene and its expression patterns analysis in simulated weightless environment]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2008;24:2041-8 pubmed..Gene showed much higher sensitivity compared to whole body in response to environment. This study is useful for the further research on the gravity biological mechanism of hibadh gene. ..
- Shen L, Liu Z, Tu Y, Xu L, Sun X, Wu S. Regulation of MMP-2 expression and activity by ?-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-8 in AGS gastric cancer cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1541-50 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results reveal a new mechanism by which ?3Gn-T8 can regulate MMP-2 and TIMP-2. We suggest that ?3Gn-T8 can be used as a novel therapeutic target for human gastric treatment. ..
- Sun Y, Yang H, Wang W. Improvement of the thermostability and enzymatic activity of cholesterol oxidase by site-directed mutagenesis. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:2049-55 pubmed publisher..The specific activity of the two-sites mutant Q153E/F128L increased by 11.6% and the relative activity increased by 47% when grown for 2 h at 50 °C. This mutant is a potential industrial strain for producing ChOx. ..
- Yang X, Zhang Y, Ge X, Yuan J, Shi Z. A novel totivirus-like virus isolated from bat guano. Arch Virol. 2012;157:1093-9 pubmed publisher..Sequences similar to that of ToV-TJ have been detected in bat feces sampled in Yunnan and Hainan Provinces, suggesting that this virus is widely distributed...
- Meng L, Gu Y, Du X, Shao M, Zhang L, Zhang G, et al. Two novel ATP2C1 mutations in patients with Hailey-Hailey disease and a literature review of sequence variants reported in the Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:19349-59 pubmed publisher..It is of note that some reported "novel" mutations were in fact found to be recurrent. Our findings expand the range of known ATP2C1 sequence variants in this disease. ..
- Liu W, Xu Z, Luo D, Xue H. Roles of OsCKI1, a rice casein kinase I, in root development and plant hormone sensitivity. Plant J. 2003;36:189-202 pubmed..In OsCKI1-deficient plants, differential gene expression was investigated using cDNA chip technology, and results indicated that genes related to signal transduction and hormone metabolism were indeed with altered expression. ..
- Chen J, Li D, Zhang Y, Zhou Q. Purification and characterization of a thermostable glucoamylase from Chaetomium thermophilum. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2005;51:175-81 pubmed..Ca2+, Mg2+, Na+, and K+ enhanced the enzyme activity, whereas Fe2+, Ag+, and Hg2+ cause obvious inhibition. These properties make it applicable to other biotechnological purposes...
- Chen Y, Chen T, Zhang S, Lin S, Zhao Y, Ye F, et al. Identification of a novel protein binding to hepatitis C virus core protein. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1300-4 pubmed publisher..Fluorescence microscopy showed green fluorescence protein-fused ACY3 localized in the cytoplasm. Our data suggest that ACY3 is an HCV core binding protein, which may play a role in the development of HCV-associated diseases. ..
- Zheng B, Chan K, Zhang A, Zhou J, Chan C, Poon V, et al. D225G mutation in hemagglutinin of pandemic influenza H1N1 (2009) virus enhances virulence in mice. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:981-8 pubmed publisher..The only consistent mutation in the genomes of viral clones obtained from dying mice was D225G substitution. ..
- Hou S, Liu C, Li Y, Yu J, Feng L, Liu Y, et al. Fasudil ameliorates disease progression in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, acting possibly through antiinflammatory effect. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2012;18:909-17 pubmed publisher..Levels of neurotrophic factors NGF, BDNF, and GDNF in the CNS were not altered by Fasudil. Fasudil ameliorates disease progression in EAE, acting possibly through antiinflammatory pathway. ..
- He X, Shao Y, Li X, Xu W, Chen G, Sun H, et al. Downregulation of miR-101 in gastric cancer correlates with cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression and tumor growth. FEBS J. 2012;279:4201-12 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that miR-101 may function as a tumor suppressor in gastric cancer, with COX-2 as a direct target. ..
- Xu H, Xu G, Wang D, Zheng C, Wan L. Molecular cloning and tissue distribution of the phosphotyrosine interaction domain containing 1 (PID1) gene in Tianfu goat. Gene. 2013;515:71-7 pubmed publisher..05). Western blotting results detected the PID1 protein in six of the tissues in which PID1 was shown to be expressed; the two exceptions were liver and spleen...
- Hu Y, Li X, Xun Q, Fang M, Shen Z. Drosophila MagT1 is upregulated by PKC activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;436:140-4 pubmed publisher..The data presented here may establish a general regulatory mechanism for MagT1 by PKC activation. ..
- Wang L, Chen H, Mei M, Qin L, Cong X, Fei R, et al. [The genetic polymorphism of melanoma-associated antigen 1 in Chinese normal donors and hepatoma patients]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2004;12:151-5 pubmed..Three SNP types of MAGE-1 gene exist in Chinese population. The three-dimensional models of MAGE-1 proteins were obtained by computer processing. These results will be helpful to developing MAGE-1 peptide-vaccine for HCC immunotherapy. ..
- Jiang Y, Yang F, Zhang X, Yang J, Chen L, Yan Y, et al. The complete sequence and analysis of the large virulence plasmid pSS of Shigella sonnei. Plasmid. 2005;54:149-59 pubmed..The pSS plasmid is a mixture of genes with different origins and functions. The sequence suggests a remarkable history of IS-mediated recombination and acquisition of DNA across a range of bacterial species. ..
- Qin Z, Ma B, He Y, Wang Y, Cui Z. [Newcastle disease virus heredity mutation and correlation of HN and F gene]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2006;46:227-32 pubmed..The sequences of HN gene in Chinese isolates had an identity of more than 97%. But there was only 79.2% - 80.7% in HN nucleotide homology among the Chinese isolates and La Sota (vaccine). ..
- Luo S, Zhangsun D, Feng J, Wu Y, Zhu X, Hu Y. Diversity of the O-superfamily conotoxins from Conus miles. J Pept Sci. 2007;13:44-53 pubmed..The elucidated cDNAs of the five toxins are new and of importance and should attract the interest of researchers in the field, which would pave the way for a better understanding of the relationship of their structure and function. ..
- Liu J, Long Y, Ma Y, Ding Z, Yu W, Su M, et al. [Construction of the eukaryotic expression vector of bioactive fragment of human bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein and its expression in CHO cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;23:416-9 pubmed..The construction of the eukaryotic expression vector of bioactive fragment of human BPI and its successful expression in CHO cells are helpful to further study of the role of BPI. ..
- Szeto C, Wong Q, Leung G, Kwan H. Isolation and transcript analysis of two-component histidine kinase gene Le.nik1 in Shiitake mushroom, Lentinula edodes. Mycol Res. 2008;112:108-16 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the two-component system in mushrooms and the first analysis on the distribution of Le.nik1 transcript in the course of fruiting body formation and in parts of fruiting bodies...
- Tang J, Ngai K, Wong J, Lam W, Chan P. Emergence of adamantane-resistant influenza A(H3N2) viruses in Hong Kong between 1997 and 2006. J Med Virol. 2008;80:895-901 pubmed publisher..The underlying reasons for these findings are unclear and similar studies are required elsewhere to elucidate these and prevent this spread of drug-resistance happening again in future. ..
- He J, Zhang Y, Duan H, Cao J, Zhang D. [In silico identification, molecular cloning and verification of a novel pig gene homologous to human BCL10 of innate immunity and its preliminary expression profiles in pigs]. Yi Chuan. 2008;30:747-54 pubmed..BCL10 was ex-pressed effectively in PK-15 cells. In summary, we cloned a novel swine BCL10 gene, and investigated its expression char-acters. This will be the fundament of the future research on its function. ..
- Li Y, Li H, Li A, Li D. Cloning of a gene encoding thermostable cellobiohydrolase from the thermophilic fungus Chaetomium thermophilum and its expression in Pichia pastoris. J Appl Microbiol. 2009;106:1867-75 pubmed publisher..A new cellobiohydrolase (CBH) gene (cbh3) from Chaetomium thermophilum was cloned, sequenced and expressed in Pichia pastoris...
- Gong Z, Zhou W, Yu H, Mao C, Zhang C, Cheng J, et al. Cloning, expression and functional analysis of a general odorant-binding protein 2 gene of the rice striped stem borer, Chilo suppressalis (Walker) (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:405-17 pubmed publisher..suppressalis pheromone and to laurinaldehyd and benzaldehyde, two general plant volatile aldehydes. ..
- Zhang J, Kang D, Fu J, Sun X, Lin B, Bi Z, et al. Surveillance of transmitted HIV type 1 drug resistance in newly diagnosed hiv type 1-infected patients in Shandong Province, China. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:99-103 pubmed publisher..Our analyses indicate that the prevalence of transmitted DR in this population is low and the HIV-1 epidemic in the area was characterized by multiple subtypes and recombinant forms. ..
- Zhuo Q, Zhang Y, Huang W, Liu X, Li Y, Zhu P, et al. Cloning, characterization, sequence analysis and expression patterns in vivo of testicular 20?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase cDNA in yellow catfish (Pelteobagrus fulvidraco). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;159:171-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we constructed its phylogenetic tree and secondary structure. All results provided basic information for further studies of its structure, functions and properties. ..
- Sun Z, Chen X, Wang J, Zhao W, Shao Y, Guo Z, et al. Complete genome sequence of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus strain ND02. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:3426-7 pubmed publisher..It was isolated from naturally fermented yak milk in Qinghai, China. Here, we report the main genome features of ND02 and several differences with two other published genomes of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus strains...
- Wu Z, Xiao X, Chou K. iLoc-Gpos: a multi-layer classifier for predicting the subcellular localization of singleplex and multiplex Gram-positive bacterial proteins. Protein Pept Lett. 2012;19:4-14 pubmed..Furthermore, for the user ? s convenience, the iLoc-Gpos web-server also has the function to accept the batch job submission, which is not available in the existing version of Gpos-mPLoc web-server. ..
- Kudelko M, Brault J, Kwok K, Li M, Pardigon N, Peiris J, et al. Class II ADP-ribosylation factors are required for efficient secretion of dengue viruses. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:767-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light on a molecular mechanism used by dengue viruses during the late stages of the life cycle and demonstrate a novel function for class II Arf proteins. ..
- Yang C, Li Q, Su J, Chen X, Wang Y, Peng L. Identification and functional characterizations of a novel TRIF gene from grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:222-9 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the novel TRIF gene from grass carp plays important roles in modulating antiviral innate immune responses, and serve the further functional studies on TRIF gene in teleosts and immune evolution. ..
- Su D, Li Q, Guan L, Gao X, Zhang H, Dandan E, et al. Down-regulation of EBAF in the heart with ventricular septal defects and its regulation by histone acetyltransferase p300 and transcription factors smad2 and cited2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:2145-52 pubmed publisher..They also indicate that smad2, cited2, and p300 may play important roles in modulating the confirmation of ventricular septal defects. ..
- Wu S, Duan N, Li X, Tan G, Ma X, Xia Y, et al. Homogenous detection of fumonisin B(1) with a molecular beacon based on fluorescence resonance energy transfer between NaYF4: Yb, Ho upconversion nanoparticles and gold nanoparticles. Talanta. 2013;116:611-8 pubmed publisher..This work also created the opportunity to develop aptasensors for other targets using this FRET system. ..
- Jiang Y, Xie M, Chen W, Talbot R, Maddox J, Faraut T, et al. The sheep genome illuminates biology of the rumen and lipid metabolism. Science. 2014;344:1168-1173 pubmed publisher..This may be in response to changes in the barrier lipids of the skin, an interaction between lipid metabolism and wool synthesis, and an increased role of volatile fatty acids in ruminants compared with nonruminant animals. ..
- Zhang Y, Cao M, Wang M, Ding X, Jing Y, Chen Z, et al. Genetic variability in E6, E7, and L1 genes of human papillomavirus genotype 52 from Southwest China. Gene. 2016;585:110-118 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of genetic variation in HPV may be useful as an epidemiologic correlate of cervical cancer risk, or may even provide critical information for developing diagnostic probes. ..
- Chen Z, Brand N, Chen A, Chen S, Tong J, Wang Z, et al. Fusion between a novel Krüppel-like zinc finger gene and the retinoic acid receptor-alpha locus due to a variant t(11;17) translocation associated with acute promyelocytic leukaemia. EMBO J. 1993;12:1161-7 pubmed
- Chye M. Arabidopsis cDNA encoding a membrane-associated protein with an acyl-CoA binding domain. Plant Mol Biol. 1998;38:827-38 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the 1.4 kb ACBP1 mRNA was expressed in silique, root, stem, leaf and flower. Results from Southern blot analysis of genomic DNA suggest the presence of at least two genes encoding ACBPs in Arabidopsis. ..
- Chye M, Huang B, Zee S. Isolation of a gene encoding Arabidopsis membrane-associated acyl-CoA binding protein and immunolocalization of its gene product. Plant J. 1999;18:205-14 pubmed
- Smith G, Naipospos T, Nguyen T, de Jong M, Vijaykrishna D, Usman T, et al. Evolution and adaptation of H5N1 influenza virus in avian and human hosts in Indonesia and Vietnam. Virology. 2006;350:258-68 pubmed..Our study provides insight into the ongoing evolution of H5N1 influenza viruses that are transmitting in diverse avian species and at the interface between avian and human hosts. ..
- Zhang G, Qiao S, Li Q, Wang X, Duan Y, Wang L, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the porcine high-affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor (FcgammaRI). Immunogenetics. 2006;58:845-9 pubmed..Identification of porcine FcgammaRI will aid in the understanding of the molecular basis of the porcine immune system and further studies of the receptor function. ..
- Wang J, Qin H, Liang J, Zhu Y, Liang L, Zheng M, et al. The transcriptional repression activity of KyoT2 on the Notch/RBP-J pathway is regulated by PIAS1-catalyzed SUMOylation. J Mol Biol. 2007;370:27-38 pubmed..These results suggest that KyoT2 is a substrate of SUMO modification catalyzed by PIAS1, and that SUMOylation may modulate the transcriptional repression effect of KyoT2 on the Notch/RBP-J signaling pathway. ..
- Hou Y, Hou W, Ren Z, Hao Y, Zhang T. cDNA cloning and overexpression of ribosomal protein S19 gene (RPS19) from the Giant Panda. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:41-7 pubmed publisher..coli, and the N-terminally GST-tagged protein was a 42 kDa polypeptide, in good agreement with the predicted molecular weight. The protein obtained could be purified and its function studied. ..
- Peng G, Lu W, Li X, Chen Y, Zhong N, Ran P, et al. Expression of store-operated Ca2+ entry and transient receptor potential canonical and vanilloid-related proteins in rat distal pulmonary venous smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;299:L621-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SOCE through Ca(2+) channels composed of TRP proteins may contribute to Ca(2+) signaling in rat distal PV smooth muscle. ..
- Huang X, Morse L, Xu Y, Zahradka J, Sychrova H, Stashenko P, et al. Mutational analysis of NHAoc/NHA2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1800:1241-7 pubmed publisher..Evolutionarily conserved amino acids are required for full antiporter function. Mutations in these amino acid residues may impact NHAoc activity and therefore osteoclast function in vitro and in vivo. ..