Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Belgium
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications360 found, 100 shown here
- Rzem R, Veiga da Cunha M, Noel G, Goffette S, Nassogne M, Tabarki B, et al. A gene encoding a putative FAD-dependent L-2-hydroxyglutarate dehydrogenase is mutated in L-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16849-54 pubmed..The pathological findings observed in this metabolic disorder must therefore be due to a toxic effect of L-2-hydroxyglutarate on the central nervous system. ..
- Morgan Sagastume F, Boon N, Dobbelaere S, Defoirdt T, Verstraete W. Production of acylated homoserine lactones by Aeromonas and Pseudomonas strains isolated from municipal activated sludge. Can J Microbiol. 2005;51:924-33 pubmed..These results may indicate the possible presence of AHLs in municipal activated sludge. The potential roles of AHL in this eco system are briefly discussed. ..
- Vanhooff V, Galloy C, Agaisse H, Lereclus D, Revet B, Hallet B. Self-control in DNA site-specific recombination mediated by the tyrosine recombinase TnpI. Mol Microbiol. 2006;60:617-29 pubmed..A model for the organization of TnpI/IRS recombination complex is presented. ..
- Vanderhaeghen R, De Clercq R, Karimi M, Van Montagu M, Hilson P, Van Lijsebettens M. Leader sequence of a plant ribosomal protein gene with complementarity to the 18S rRNA triggers in vitro cap-independent translation. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2630-6 pubmed..CIT was rapidly inhibited upon addition of an oligonucleotide that competed for the 18S rRNA site complementary to the RPS18C leader and interfered with polysome assembly at the transcript. ..
- Monchy S, Benotmane M, Wattiez R, van Aelst S, Auquier V, Borremans B, et al. Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of the pMOL30-encoded copper resistance in Cupriavidus metallidurans strain CH34. Microbiology. 2006;152:1765-76 pubmed..A concentration of 0.4 mM Cu(II) was the highest to induce maximal expression of most cop genes...
- Dessailly B, Lensink M, Wodak S. Relating destabilizing regions to known functional sites in proteins. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:141 pubmed..Our publicly available benchmark of hand-curated functional sites in proteins should help other workers derive and validate new prediction methods. ..
- Nguyên Nhu N, Berck J, Clippe A, Duconseille E, Cherif H, Boone C, et al. Human peroxiredoxin 5 gene organization, initial characterization of its promoter and identification of alternative forms of mRNA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1769:472-83 pubmed..The characterization of human PRDX5 gene revealed the complexity of its regulation and a high variability of sequences that might be associated with pathological situations. ..
- Huet J, Rucktooa P, Clantin B, Azarkan M, Looze Y, Villeret V, et al. X-ray structure of papaya chitinase reveals the substrate binding mode of glycosyl hydrolase family 19 chitinases. Biochemistry. 2008;47:8283-91 pubmed publisher..Finally, a new sequence motif for family 19 chitinases has been identified between residues Tyr111 and Tyr125. ..
- Pannecoucque J, Hofte M. Detection of rDNA ITS polymorphism in Rhizoctonia solani AG 2-1 isolates. Mycologia. 2009;101:26-33 pubmed
- Van Damme N, Deron P, Van Roy N, Demetter P, Bols A, Van Dorpe J, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor and K-RAS status in two cohorts of squamous cell carcinomas. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:189 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to analyse EGFR expression, EGFR gene copy number and EGFR and K-RAS mutations in two cohorts of squamous cell carcinomas, specifically anal canal and tonsil carcinomas...
- Vanden Bempt I, Van Trappen S, Cleenwerck I, De Vos P, Camps K, Celens A, et al. Actinobaculum schaalii causing Fournier's gangrene. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:2369-71 pubmed publisher..Actinobaculum schaalii, which belongs to the group of Gram-positive rods, is difficult to culture. Using molecular genetics, Actinobaculum schaalii could be identified as a causing microorganism in a case of Fournier's gangrene...
- Nava C, Dalle C, Rastetter A, Striano P, de Kovel C, Nabbout R, et al. De novo mutations in HCN1 cause early infantile epileptic encephalopathy. Nat Genet. 2014;46:640-5 pubmed publisher..These findings provide clear evidence that de novo HCN1 point mutations cause a recognizable early-onset epileptic encephalopathy in humans. ..
- Winderickx J, Hemschoote K, De Clercq N, Van Dijck P, Peeters B, Rombauts W, et al. Tissue-specific expression and androgen regulation of different genes encoding rat prostatic 22-kilodalton glycoproteins homologous to human and rat cystatin. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:657-67 pubmed
- De Greef C, Imberechts H, Matthyssens G, Van Meirvenne N, Hamers R. A gene expressed only in serum-resistant variants of Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1989;36:169-76 pubmed..b. rhodesiense. As expected, Southern blot analyses have demonstrated that both serum-resistant and serum-sensitive forms of T. b. rhodesiense contain the gene coding for this transcript. ..
- Fransen M, Brees C, Baumgart E, Vanhooren J, Baes M, Mannaerts G, et al. Identification and characterization of the putative human peroxisomal C-terminal targeting signal import receptor. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7731-6 pubmed..All available evidence indicates that the PTS1-binding protein is part of the peroxisomal protein import machinery and most probably is the long sought after human PTS1 import receptor. ..
- Baens M, Chaffanet M, Aerssens J, Cassiman J, Marynen P. Assignment of the gene for the human proliferating cell nucleolar protein P120 (NOL1) to chromosome 12p13 by fluorescence in situ hybridization and polymerase chain reaction with somatic cell hybrids. Genomics. 1994;21:296-7 pubmed
- Samyn B, Van Craenenbroeck K, De Smet L, Vandenberghe I, Pettigrew G, Van Beeumen J. A reinvestigation of the covalent structure of Pseudomonas aeruginosa cytochrome c peroxidase. FEBS Lett. 1995;377:145-9 pubmed..1995) FEBS Lett. 365, 152-154]. Based on this sequence, we propose a new model for the binding of the peroxide and the cytochrome electron donor to CCP which is in essence the reverse of the one proposed by Ellfolk et al. ..
- Swinnen J, Esquenet M, Rosseels J, Claessens F, Rombauts W, Heyns W, et al. A human gene encoding diazepam-binding inhibitor/acy1-CoA-binding protein: transcription and hormonal regulation in the androgen-sensitive human prostatic adenocarcinoma cell line LNCaP. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:197-208 pubmed
- De Smedt H, Missiaen L, Parys J, Henning R, Sienaert I, Vanlingen S, et al. Isoform diversity of the inositol trisphosphate receptor in cell types of mouse origin. Biochem J. 1997;322 ( Pt 2):575-83 pubmed
- Legrain C, Villeret V, Roovers M, Gigot D, Dideberg O, Pi rard A, et al. Biochemical characterisation of ornithine carbamoyltransferase from Pyrococcus furiosus. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:1046-55 pubmed..Recombinant P. furiosus OTCase synthesised by Escherichia coli proved less stable than the native enzyme. In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, however, an enzyme apparently identical to the native one could be obtained...
- Verhoeven K, Van Laer L, Kirschhofer K, Legan P, Hughes D, Schatteman I, et al. Mutations in the human alpha-tectorin gene cause autosomal dominant non-syndromic hearing impairment. Nat Genet. 1998;19:60-2 pubmed..These findings indicate that mutations in TECTA are responsible for hearing impairment in these families, and implicate a new type of protein in the pathogenesis of hearing impairment. ..
- Van Leuven F, Torrekens S, Moechars D, Hilliker C, Buellens M, Bollen M, et al. Molecular cloning of a gene on chromosome 19q12 coding for a novel intracellular protein: analysis of expression in human and mouse tissues and in human tumor cells, particularly Reed-Sternberg cells in Hodgkin disease. Genomics. 1998;54:511-20 pubmed..Lymphoma 12, 21-26). The cloning and comprehensive molecular analysis of NNX3 as presented will form the basis for elucidating its function and, conversely, will constitute a marker for Reed-Sternberg cells in Hodgkin disease...
- Zegers I, Martins J, Willem R, Wyns L, Messens J. Arsenate reductase from S. aureus plasmid pI258 is a phosphatase drafted for redox duty. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:843-7 pubmed publisher..The reaction is associated with major structural changes in the ArsC...
- Desmyter A, Spinelli S, Payan F, Lauwereys M, Wyns L, Muyldermans S, et al. Three camelid VHH domains in complex with porcine pancreatic alpha-amylase. Inhibition and versatility of binding topology. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23645-50 pubmed..These results illustrate the versatility and efficiency of VHH domains as protein binders and enzyme inhibitors and are arguments in favor of their use as drugs against diabetes. ..
- Chatterjee S, Mbaye A, De Man J, Van Marck E. Does the neuropeptide somatostatin have therapeutic potential against schistosomiasis?. Trends Parasitol. 2002;18:295-8 pubmed..The administration of exogenous doses of this neuropeptide could therefore alleviate the pathology caused by schistosomiasis. ..
- Peelman F, Labeur C, Vanloo B, Roosbeek S, Devaud C, Duverger N, et al. Characterization of the ABCA transporter subfamily: identification of prokaryotic and eukaryotic members, phylogeny and topology. J Mol Biol. 2003;325:259-74 pubmed..A phylogenic tree of prokaryotic transporters and the eukaryotic ABCA transporters confirmed the evolutionary relationship between prokaryotic subfamily 7 transporters and eukaryotic ABCA half and full-transporters...
- Fierens K, Brijs K, Courtin C, Gebruers K, Goesaert H, Raedschelders G, et al. Molecular identification of wheat endoxylanase inhibitor TAXI-I1, member of a new class of plant proteins. FEBS Lett. 2003;540:259-63 pubmed..Our data indicate that TAXI-I belongs to a newly identified class of plant proteins for which a molecular function as glycoside hydrolase inhibitor can now be suggested. ..
- Bizimungu C, De Neve N, Burny A, Bach S, Bontemps F, Portetelle D, et al. Expression in a RabGAP yeast mutant of two human homologues, one of which is an oncogene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:498-504 pubmed..As two highly conserved amino acids, including the catalytic arginine, are mutated in the oncTre210p TBC domain, we restored these two amino acids and expressed the modified Tre2 cDNA in the yeast mutant. ..
- Van Troys M, Ono K, Dewitte D, Jonckheere V, De Ruyck N, Vandekerckhove J, et al. TetraThymosinbeta is required for actin dynamics in Caenorhabditis elegans and acts via functionally different actin-binding repeats. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4735-48 pubmed..This strongly suggests that the activity of tetraThymosinbeta is of crucial importance at specific developmental stages requiring actin polymerization. ..
- Geens T, Desplanques A, Van Loock M, Bönner B, Kaleta E, Magnino S, et al. Sequencing of the Chlamydophila psittaci ompA gene reveals a new genotype, E/B, and the need for a rapid discriminatory genotyping method. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:2456-61 pubmed..Results reveal the presence of a new genotype, E/B, in several European countries and stress the need for a discriminatory rapid genotyping method. ..
- Liu F, Baggerman G, D Hertog W, Verleyen P, Schoofs L, Wets G. In silico identification of new secretory peptide genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006;5:510-22 pubmed..This bioinformatic study opens perspectives for the genome-wide analysis of peptide genes in other eukaryotic model organisms. ..
- De Vos D, Hulpiau P, Vergauwen B, Savvides S, Van Beeumen J. Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of a cold-adapted aspartate carbamoyltransferase from Moritella profunda. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:279-81 pubmed..The three-dimensional structure of the Escherichia coli ATCase was sufficient to solve the structure of the M. profunda ATCase via the molecular-replacement method and to obtain electron density of good quality...
- Boudry C, Markine Goriaynoff N, Delforge C, Springael J, de Leval L, Drion P, et al. The A5 gene of alcelaphine herpesvirus 1 encodes a constitutively active G-protein-coupled receptor that is non-essential for the induction of malignant catarrhal fever in rabbits. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:3224-33 pubmed..The present study is the first to investigate the role of an individual gene of AlHV-1 in MCF pathogenesis...
- Waeyenberge L. Pratylenchus goodeyi, a species-complex?. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2007;72:697-701 pubmed
- Beaufays J, Adam B, Decrem Y, Prevot P, Santini S, Brasseur R, et al. Ixodes ricinus tick lipocalins: identification, cloning, phylogenetic analysis and biochemical characterization. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3941 pubmed publisher..The other LIRs did not bind any of the ligands tested, such as 5-hydroxytryptamine, ADP, norepinephrine, platelet activating factor, prostaglandins D2 and E2, and finally leukotrienes B4 and C4. ..
- Vanhaecke M, Dyubankova N, Lescrinier E, Van den Ende W. Metabolism of galactosyl-oligosaccharides in Stellaria media--discovery of stellariose synthase, a novel type of galactosyltransferase. Phytochemistry. 2010;71:1095-103 pubmed publisher..Most likely, these compounds are also subject to partial trimming by endogenous alpha-galactosidases. ..
- Vokaer B, Van Rompaey N, Lemaître P, Lhommé F, Kubjak C, Benghiat F, et al. Critical role of regulatory T cells in Th17-mediated minor antigen-disparate rejection. J Immunol. 2010;185:3417-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the ability of Tregs to promote the Th17/neutrophil-mediated pathway of rejection that we have described should be considered as a potential drawback of Treg-based cell therapy. ..
- Cludts I, Droogmans L, Cleuter Y, Kettmann R, Burny A. Sequence of bovine interleukin 7. DNA Seq. 1992;3:55-9 pubmed..The entire bovine IL-7 protein is 176 amino acids long and shows 75 and 65% homology to published sequences of human and murine IL-7, respectively. ..
- Samyn B, Berks B, Page M, Ferguson S, Van Beeumen J. Characterisation and amino acid sequence of cytochrome c-550 from Thiosphaera pantotropha. Eur J Biochem. 1994;219:585-94 pubmed..versutus with these two organisms. Analysis by plasma-desorption mass spectrometry of the peptide containing the haem-binding motif isolated from the apocytochrome has shown that an Hg atom binds to one or both of the two thiol groups...
- Dewulf N, Verschueren K, Lonnoy O, Moren A, Grimsby S, Vande Spiegle K, et al. Distinct spatial and temporal expression patterns of two type I receptors for bone morphogenetic proteins during mouse embryogenesis. Endocrinology. 1995;136:2652-63 pubmed..In addition, the expression of these genes in many soft tissues suggests broader functions for BMPs in embryogenesis. ..
- Nagy I, Schoofs G, Compernolle F, Proost P, Vanderleyden J, De Mot R. Degradation of the thiocarbamate herbicide EPTC (S-ethyl dipropylcarbamothioate) and biosafening by Rhodococcus sp. strain NI86/21 involve an inducible cytochrome P-450 system and aldehyde dehydrogenase. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:676-87 pubmed..strain NI86/21. In addition to the major metabolite N-depropyl EPTC, another degradation product was identified, EPTC-sulfoxide...
- De Mot R, Nagy I, Schoofs G, Vanderleyden J. Sequences of the cobalamin biosynthetic genes cobK, cobL and cobM from Rhodococcus sp. NI86/21. Gene. 1994;143:91-3 pubmed..The protein deduced from a third Rhodococcus gene aligns well with CobL of P. denitrificans and with the protein pair CbiE/CbiT of S. typhimurium, which are involved in corrin methylation and decarboxylation. ..
- Samyn B, De Smet L, Van Driessche G, Meyer T, Bartsch R, Cusanovich M, et al. A high-potential soluble cytochrome c-551 from the purple phototrophic bacterium Chromatium vinosum is homologous to cytochrome c8 from denitrifying pseudomonads. Eur J Biochem. 1996;236:689-96 pubmed..The photosynthetic pathway in Chromatium thus appears to be radically different from that in purple non-sulfur bacteria...
- Speleman F, Delattre O, Peter M, Hauben E, van Roy N, Van Marck E. Malignant melanoma of the soft parts (clear-cell sarcoma): confirmation of EWS and ATF-1 gene fusion caused by a t(12;22) translocation. Mod Pathol. 1997;10:496-9 pubmed..This particular genetic aberration, therefore, serves as a strong diagnostic marker for MMSP. We conclude that detection of the t(12;22) by cytogenetic or molecular analysis is useful in establishing or confirming the diagnosis of MMSP. ..
- Nagy I, Geert S, Jos V, De Mot R. Further sequence analysis of the DNA regions with the Rhodococcus 20S proteasome structural genes reveals extensive homology with Mycobacterium leprae. DNA Seq. 1997;7:225-8 pubmed..These downstream ORFs also show a significant level of sequence homology with the ORF6(1) and ORF6(2) which are located upstream of the proteasome structural genes in the respective clusters. ..
- Noe V, Willems J, Vandekerckhove J, Roy F, Bruyneel E, Mareel M. Inhibition of adhesion and induction of epithelial cell invasion by HAV-containing E-cadherin-specific peptides. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 1):127-35 pubmed..In this way such cadherin fragments may induce and support cancer invasion. ..
- Laraki N, Galleni M, Thamm I, Riccio M, Amicosante G, Frere J, et al. Structure of In31, a blaIMP-containing Pseudomonas aeruginosa integron phyletically related to In5, which carries an unusual array of gene cassettes. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999;43:890-901 pubmed..All the resistance genes carried on cassettes inserted in In31 were found to be functional in decreasing the in vitro susceptibilities of host strains to the corresponding antimicrobial agents. ..
- Veugelers M, De Cat B, Delande N, Esselens C, Bonk I, Vermeesch J, et al. A 4-Mb BAC/PAC contig and complete genomic structure of the GPC5/GPC6 gene cluster on chromosome 13q32. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:375-85 pubmed..Mutational analysis of GPC5 and GPC6 in 19 patients with somatic overgrowth failed to reveal pathologic mutations in either of these genes, but identified several coding region polymorphisms. ..
- Charlier N, Leyssen P, Pleij C, Lemey P, Billoir F, Van Laethem K, et al. Complete genome sequence of Montana Myotis leukoencephalitis virus, phylogenetic analysis and comparative study of the 3' untranslated region of flaviviruses with no known vector. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:1875-85 pubmed publisher..The availability of this latter sequence motif allows us to designate a virus as either an NKV or a vector-borne flavivirus...
- Bondue A, Jao S, Blanpain C, Parmentier M, LiWang P. Characterization of the role of the N-loop of MIP-1 beta in CCR5 binding. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13548-55 pubmed
- Martens E, Stevens I, Janssens V, Vermeesch J, Götz J, Goris J, et al. Genomic organisation, chromosomal localisation tissue distribution and developmental regulation of the PR61/B' regulatory subunits of protein phosphatase 2A in mice. J Mol Biol. 2004;336:971-86 pubmed..The PR61 transcripts were differentially expressed, suggesting a specific function for each of the PR61 proteins during embryonic development and/or adult life. ..
- Huyse T, Malmberg G, Volckaert F. Four new species of Gyrodactylus von Nordmann, 1832 (Monogenea, Gyrodactylidae) on gobiid fishes: combined DNA and morphological analyses. Syst Parasitol. 2004;59:103-20 pubmed..For the latter two species, a new species group is formed. The V4 and ITS sequence analyses, however, indicate a close relationship between G. branchialis and the three G. arcuatus-like species...
- Maes M, Lambeir A, Gilany K, Senten K, Van der Veken P, Leiting B, et al. Kinetic investigation of human dipeptidyl peptidase II (DPPII)-mediated hydrolysis of dipeptide derivatives and its identification as quiescent cell proline dipeptidase (QPP)/dipeptidyl peptidase 7 (DPP7). Biochem J. 2005;386:315-24 pubmed..1x10(6) s(-1) x M(-1)) and Ala-Pro-pNA (kcat/K(m) 2.6x10(6) s(-1) x M(-1)) were found to be the most sensitive chromogenic substrates for human DPPII, but were less selective than Lys-Ala-pNA (kcat/K(m) 0.4x10(6) s(-1) x M(-1)). ..
- Pendeville H, Peers B, Kas K, Voz M. Cloning and embryonic expression of zebrafish PLAG genes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:267-76 pubmed..This hypothesis was proven for the ventricular zone shown to be a highly proliferative zone using the anti-phosphohistone H3 antibody that detects cells in mitosis. ..
- Roovers M, Hale C, Tricot C, Terns M, Terns R, Grosjean H, et al. Formation of the conserved pseudouridine at position 55 in archaeal tRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:4293-301 pubmed..While we cannot unequivocally assign the function from our results, both possibilities represent unexpected functions of these proteins as discussed herein. ..
- Wullaert A, Verstrepen L, Van Huffel S, Adib Conquy M, Cornelis S, Kreike M, et al. LIND/ABIN-3 is a novel lipopolysaccharide-inducible inhibitor of NF-kappaB activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:81-90 pubmed..Taken together, these results implicate ABIN-3 as a novel negative feedback regulator of LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Kwasigroch J, Wintjens R, Gilis D, Rooman M. SODa: an Mn/Fe superoxide dismutase prediction and design server. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:257 pubmed publisher..SODa is shown to outperform and to be more discriminative than traditional techniques based on pairwise sequence alignments. Moreover, the fact that it proposes selected mutations makes it a valuable tool for rational protein design. ..
- Vrijens K, Van Camp G, Van Laer L. Characterization of the murine Dfna5 promoter and regulatory regions. Gene. 2009;432:82-90 pubmed publisher..Transfection with a reversely-oriented construct resulted in high transcriptional activity. We subsequently confirmed this antisense activity and identified a novel antisense transcript partly overlapping Dfna5. ..
- Peeters E, Albers S, Vassart A, Driessen A, Charlier D. Ss-LrpB, a transcriptional regulator from Sulfolobus solfataricus, regulates a gene cluster with a pyruvate ferredoxin oxidoreductase-encoding operon and permease genes. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:972-88 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, it appears that not all regulators belonging to the archaeal Lrp family perform a function related to the amino acid metabolism, unlike the bacterial Lrp-like regulators. ..
- Mijnendonckx K, Provoost A, Monsieurs P, Leys N, Mergeay M, Mahillon J, et al. Insertion sequence elements in Cupriavidus metallidurans CH34: distribution and role in adaptation. Plasmid. 2011;65:193-203 pubmed publisher..metallidurans CH34 is well adapted. These observations indicate that these IS elements play an active role in C. metallidurans CH34 lifestyle, including its metabolic potential and adaptation under selective pressure. ..
- Vergauwen B, Van der Meeren R, Dansercoer A, Savvides S. Delineation of the Pasteurellaceae-specific GbpA-family of glutathione-binding proteins. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:59 pubmed publisher..Our studies strongly implicate GbpA family SBPs in the priming step of ABC-transporter-mediated translocation of useful forms of glutathione across the inner membrane, and rule out a general role for GbpA proteins in heme acquisition. ..
- Ghyselinck J, Velivelli S, Heylen K, O Herlihy E, Franco J, Rojas M, et al. Bioprospecting in potato fields in the Central Andean Highlands: screening of rhizobacteria for plant growth-promoting properties. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2013;36:116-27 pubmed publisher..Three isolates significantly promoted plant growth in healthy plantlets compared to the commercial strain, and seven isolates outperformed the commercial strain in in vitro R. solani diseased plantlets. ..
- Clauss I, Wathelet M, Szpirer J, Islam M, Levan G, Szpirer C, et al. Human thymosin-beta 4/6-26 gene is part of a multigene family composed of seven members located on seven different chromosomes. Genomics. 1991;9:174-80 pubmed..We localized these genes, some of which might be pseudogenes, to seven distinct chromosomes, namely, chromosomes 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, 20, and X. ..
- Proost P, Van Damme J, Opdenakker G. Leukocyte gelatinase B cleavage releases encephalitogens from human myelin basic protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;192:1175-81 pubmed..This study annotates human MBP as a substrate for human gelatinase B, determines novel P1-P'1 cleavage sites and defines one of the metalloproteinases as a possible link in the pathogenesis of demyelinating diseases such as MS. ..
- Van Ranst M, Norga K, Masure S, Proost P, Vandekerckhove F, Auwerx J, et al. The cytokine-protease connection: identification of a 96-kD THP-1 gelatinase and regulation by interleukin-1 and cytokine inducers. Cytokine. 1991;3:231-9 pubmed..The active enzyme produced by THP-1 cells consistently showed, however, a molecular mass different from that of normal granulocyte-, monocyte-, and tumor cell-derived gelatinases.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Wang K, Herrera Estrella A, Van Montagu M. Overexpression of virD1 and virD2 genes in Agrobacterium tumefaciens enhances T-complex formation and plant transformation. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:4432-40 pubmed..tumefaciens strain carrying a Ti plasmid, increased amounts of T-strand and nicked molecules could be detected at early stages of vir induction. Such strains possessed the ability to transform plants with higher efficiency. ..
- Javaux F, Vassart G, Christophe D. Nucleotide sequence of a putative transcription factor recognizing the thyroglobulin promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:1301 pubmed
- Van Hoof C, Ingels F, Cayla X, Stevens I, Merlevede W, Goris J. Molecular cloning and developmental regulation of expression of two isoforms of the catalytic subunit of protein phosphatase 2A from Xenopus laevis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;215:666-73 pubmed
- Jansen E, Ayoubi T, Meulemans S, Van de Ven W. Neuroendocrine-specific expression of the human prohormone convertase 1 gene. Hormonal regulation of transcription through distinct cAMP response elements. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15391-7 pubmed..Site-specific mutagenesis experiments demonstrate that two closely spaced cAMP response elements within the proximal promoter region direct cAMP-mediated hormonal regulation of transcription of the PC1 gene. ..
- Hohmann S, Van Dijck P, Luyten K, Thevelein J. The byp1-3 allele of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae GGS1/TPS1 gene and its multi-copy suppressor tRNA(GLN) (CAG): Ggs1/Tps1 protein levels restraining growth on fermentable sugars and trehalose accumulation. Curr Genet. 1994;26:295-301 pubmed..Sequence analysis of the cloned tRNA(GLN) (CAG) gene showed that it is located 700 bp upstream of URA10. However, we found considerable differences to the reported sequence of URA10, in particular in the non-coding region. ..
- Wang W, Hendriks D, Scharpé S. Carboxypeptidase U, a plasma carboxypeptidase with high affinity for plasminogen. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15937-44 pubmed..After its activation, carboxypeptidase U tends to be very unstable. ..
- Jochmans K, Lissens W, Vervoort R, Peeters S, De Waele M, Liebaers I. Antithrombin-Gly 424 Arg: a novel point mutation responsible for type 1 antithrombin deficiency and neonatal thrombosis. Blood. 1994;83:146-51 pubmed..The mutation creates a unique restriction site for the enzyme Hha I in exon 6. This change permitted a rapid and accurate screening of the kindred with identification of the molecular defect in five other family members. ..
- Van Coillie E, Froyen G, Nomiyama H, Miura R, Fiten P, Van Aelst I, et al. Human monocyte chemotactic protein-2: cDNA cloning and regulated expression of mRNA in mesenchymal cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;231:726-30 pubmed..The regulated production of MCP-2 by tumor cells and normal mesenchymal cells is indicative of a role in neoplasia and inflammatory host responses. ..
- Alvarez M, Zeelen J, Mainfroid V, Rentier Delrue F, Martial J, Wyns L, et al. Triose-phosphate isomerase (TIM) of the psychrophilic bacterium Vibrio marinus. Kinetic and structural properties. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:2199-206 pubmed..The vTIM mutant A238S was produced and characterized. Compared with wild type, the catalytic efficiency of the A238S mutant is somewhat reduced, and its stability is considerably increased. ..
- Clement N, Avalosse B, El Bakkouri K, Velu T, Brandenburger A. Cloning and sequencing of defective particles derived from the autonomous parvovirus minute virus of mice for the construction of vectors with minimal cis-acting sequences. J Virol. 2001;75:1284-93 pubmed..Vectors derived from this particle produce stocks with no detectable wild-type MVM after cotransfection with new, matched, helper plasmids that present no homology downstream from the transgene. ..
- Thoelen I, Magnusson C, Tagerud S, Polacek C, Lindberg M, Van Ranst M. Identification of alternative splice products encoded by the human coxsackie-adenovirus receptor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:216-22 pubmed..Consequently, this could markedly influence the efficacy of an adenovirus subgroup C-mediated gene therapy. ..
- Janssens B, Goossens S, Staes K, Gilbert B, van Hengel J, Colpaert C, et al. alphaT-catenin: a novel tissue-specific beta-catenin-binding protein mediating strong cell-cell adhesion. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3177-88 pubmed..We propose that alphaT-catenin is necessary for the formation of stretch-resistant cell-cell adhesion complexes, in particular, muscle cells. ..
- Amery L, Mannaerts G, Subramani S, Van Veldhoven P, Fransen M. Identification of a novel human peroxisomal 2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase related protein using the M13 phage protein VI phage display technology. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2001;4:545-52 pubmed..These results further demonstrate the suitability of the gVI-cDNA phage display technology for cDNA expression cloning using an antibody as a probe. ..
- Vlaeminck Guillem V, Ho S, Rodien P, Vassart G, Costagliola S. Activation of the cAMP pathway by the TSH receptor involves switching of the ectodomain from a tethered inverse agonist to an agonist. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:736-46 pubmed..Together, our results are compatible with a model in which activation of the cAMP pathway by the TSH receptor involves switching of the ectodomain from a tethered inverse agonist to a true agonist. ..
- Thompson F, Li Y, Gomez Gil B, Thompson C, Hoste B, Vandemeulebroecke K, et al. Vibrio neptunius sp. nov., Vibrio brasiliensis sp. nov. and Vibrio xuii sp. nov., isolated from the marine aquaculture environment (bivalves, fish, rotifers and shrimps). Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2003;53:245-52 pubmed
- Geldhof P, Vercauteren I, Gevaert K, Staes A, Knox D, Vandekerckhove J, et al. Activation-associated secreted proteins are the most abundant antigens in a host protective fraction from Ostertagia ostertagi. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2003;128:111-4 pubmed
- Thoelen I, Lemey P, van der Donck I, Beuselinck K, Lindberg A, Van Ranst M. Molecular typing and epidemiology of enteroviruses identified from an outbreak of aseptic meningitis in Belgium during the summer of 2000. J Med Virol. 2003;70:420-9 pubmed..The RT-nested PCR strategy, carried out directly on clinical samples, is a simple and rapid method for adequate molecular typing of the Group B enteroviruses causing aseptic meningitis...
- Taverniers I, Windels P, Vaitilingom M, Milcamps A, Van Bockstaele E, Van den Eede G, et al. Event-specific plasmid standards and real-time PCR methods for transgenic Bt11, Bt176, and GA21 maize and transgenic GT73 canola. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:3041-52 pubmed..Together with an event-specific primer pair and a highly specific TaqMan probe, the plasmid markers form crucial components of a unique and straighforward tracing system for Bt11, Bt176, and GA21 maize and GT73 canola events. ..
- Buts L, Garcia Pino A, Imberty A, Amiot N, Boons G, Beeckmans S, et al. Structural basis for the recognition of complex-type biantennary oligosaccharides by Pterocarpus angolensis lectin. FEBS J. 2006;273:2407-20 pubmed..The core mannose and the GlcNAc beta(1-2)Man moiety on the 1-3 arm on the other hand occupy a series of subsites distinct from those of con A. ..
- Lagaert S, Van Campenhout S, Pollet A, Bourgois T, Delcour J, Courtin C, et al. Recombinant expression and characterization of a reducing-end xylose-releasing exo-oligoxylanase from Bifidobacterium adolescentis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:5374-7 pubmed publisher..Apart from giving insights into this new class of enzymes, knowledge of the RexA enzyme helps to postulate a mechanism for the B. adolescentis breakdown of prebiotic xylooligosaccharides...
- Cleenwerck I, Gonzalez A, Camu N, Engelbeen K, De Vos P, De Vuyst L. Acetobacter fabarum sp. nov., an acetic acid bacterium from a Ghanaian cocoa bean heap fermentation. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2008;58:2180-5 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is strain 985(T) (=R-36330(T) =LMG 24244(T) =DSM 19596(T))...
- Debruyne L, On S, De Brandt E, Vandamme P. Novel Campylobacter lari-like bacteria from humans and molluscs: description of Campylobacter peloridis sp. nov., Campylobacter lari subsp. concheus subsp. nov. and Campylobacter lari subsp. lari subsp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:1126-32 pubmed publisher..The description of C. lari subsp. concheus has the effect of automatically creating the subspecies Campylobacter lari subsp. lari subsp. nov. (type strain LMG 8846(T)=NCTC 11352(T))...
- Barson M, Prikrylová I, Vanhove M, Huyse T. Parasite hybridization in African Macrogyrodactylus spp. (Monogenea, Platyhelminthes) signals historical host distribution. Parasitology. 2010;137:1585-95 pubmed publisher..At present, the catfish host of M. heterobranchii and M. clarii do not co-occur in southern Zimbabwe; this hybridization event is therefore proof of historical sympatry of both fish species. ..