Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Australia
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications315 found, 100 shown here
- Orange S, Rasko J, Thompson J, Vaughan J, Olive E, Pedler M, et al. Interleukin-10 regulates arterial pressure in early primate pregnancy. Cytokine. 2005;29:176-85 pubmed..This partial role of IL-10 in the early BP response of primate pregnancy may be relevant to pathophysiological states of human pregnancy such as preeclampsia. ..
- Chen L, Willis S, Wei A, Smith B, Fletcher J, Hinds M, et al. Differential targeting of prosurvival Bcl-2 proteins by their BH3-only ligands allows complementary apoptotic function. Mol Cell. 2005;17:393-403 pubmed..The results suggest that apoptosis relies on selective interactions between particular subsets of these proteins and that it should be feasible to discover BH3-mimetic drugs that inactivate specific prosurvival targets. ..
- Catanzariti A, Dodds P, Lawrence G, Ayliffe M, Ellis J. Haustorially expressed secreted proteins from flax rust are highly enriched for avirulence elicitors. Plant Cell. 2006;18:243-56 pubmed..Addition of an endoplasmic reticulum retention signal inhibited AvrM-induced necrosis, suggesting that both AvrM and AvrP4 can reenter the plant cell after secretion in the absence of the pathogen. ..
- Arsov T, Silva D, O Bryan M, Sainsbury A, Lee N, Kennedy C, et al. Fat aussie--a new Alström syndrome mouse showing a critical role for ALMS1 in obesity, diabetes, and spermatogenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1610-22 pubmed
- Qu W, Moorhouse A, Chandra M, Pierce K, Lewis T, Barry P. A single P-loop glutamate point mutation to either lysine or arginine switches the cation-anion selectivity of the CNGA2 channel. J Gen Physiol. 2006;127:375-89 pubmed..These results have potential implications for the determinants of anion-cation selectivity in the large family of P-loop-containing channels. ..
- Traub R, Hobbs R, Adams P, Behnke J, Harris P, Thompson R. A case of mistaken identity--reappraisal of the species of canid and felid hookworms (Ancylostoma) present in Australia and India. Parasitology. 2007;134:113-9 pubmed..The distribution of A. braziliense and A. ceylanicum in the Americas and Asia Pacific region is discussed together with the importance of combining parasite morphology with genetic data for parasite diagnosis in epidemiological studies...
- Asgari S, Davis J, Wood D, Wilson P, McGrath A. Sequence and organization of the Heliothis virescens ascovirus genome. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:1120-32 pubmed..Gene-parity plots and overall similarity of ORFs indicate that HvAV-3e is related more closely to SfAV-1a than to TnAV-2c...
- Ronan A, Buiting K, Dudding T. Atypical Angelman syndrome with macrocephaly due to a familial imprinting center deletion. Am J Med Genet A. 2008;146A:78-82 pubmed
- Lynagh T, Lynch J. A glycine residue essential for high ivermectin sensitivity in Cys-loop ion channel receptors. Int J Parasitol. 2010;40:1477-81 pubmed publisher..By providing a means of identifying ivermectin-sensitive receptors, this finding should help in characterising ivermectin-resistance mechanisms and identifying new anthelmintic targets. ..
- Barnes A, Trewin B, Snape N, Kvennefors E, Baiano J. Two hepcidin-like antimicrobial peptides in Barramundi Lates calcarifer exhibit differing tissue tropism and are induced in response to lipopolysaccharide. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:350-7 pubmed publisher..The elevated expression was transient with return to normal levels within 24-48 h. No significant expression of either peptide was detected in spleen, skin or gill following IP injection with LPS. ..
- Dawson P, Sim P, Mudge D, Cowley D. Human SLC26A1 gene variants: a pilot study. ScientificWorldJournal. 2013;2013:541710 pubmed publisher..These initial findings demonstrate genetic variants in SLC26A1 of recurrent stone formers and warrant wider independent studies of SLC26A1 in humans with recurrent calcium oxalate stones. ..
- Grimmond S, Lagercrantz J, Drinkwater C, Silins G, Townson S, Pollock P, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human gene related to vascular endothelial growth factor. Genome Res. 1996;6:124-31 pubmed..VRF appears to be ubiquitously expressed as two transcripts of 2.0 and 5.5 kb; the level of expression is similar among normal and malignant tissues. ..
- Chang A, Dunham M, Jeffrey K, Reddel R. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse stanniocalcin cDNA. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1996;124:185-7 pubmed..As in human, the mRNA is expressed in many mouse tissues, suggesting that mammalian stanniocalcin has a paracrine rather than endocrine role. ..
- Nourse C, Mattei M, Gunning P, Byrne J. Cloning of a third member of the D52 gene family indicates alternative coding sequence usage in D52-like transcripts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1443:155-68 pubmed
- Blitvich B, Scanlon D, Shiell B, Mackenzie J, Hall R. Identification and analysis of truncated and elongated species of the flavivirus NS1 protein. Virus Res. 1999;60:67-79 pubmed..in 1998), suggesting that deltaNS1 may be a translation product of defective viral RNA. ..
- Dhillon J, Cowley J, Wang Y, Walker P. RNA polymerase (L) gene and genome terminal sequences of ephemeroviruses bovine ephemeral fever virus and Adelaide River virus indicate a close relationship to vesiculoviruses. Virus Res. 2000;70:87-95 pubmed..An extended phylogenetic analysis using the block III sequence, confirmed the relationship of these ephemeroviruses to vesiculo- and lyssaviruses and to other single-stranded (-) RNA viruses...
- Kucharski R, Maleszka R. Molecular profiling of behavioural development: differential expression of mRNAs for inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-kinase isoforms in naive and experienced honeybees (Apis mellifera). Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;99:92-101 pubmed..In contrast to type A message, the brain levels of transcript B decrease during the first 4 days of adult life. Our data are evaluated in the context of the contrasting behavioural phenotypes of immature and experienced worker honeybees...
- Burton R, Jenner H, Carrangis L, Fahy B, Fincher G, Hylton C, et al. Starch granule initiation and growth are altered in barley mutants that lack isoamylase activity. Plant J. 2002;31:97-112 pubmed..These results suggest that, as well as suppressing phytoglycogen synthesis, isoamylase in the wild-type endosperm plays a role in determining the number, and hence the form, of starch granules. ..
- Deane J, Mackay J, Kwan A, Sum E, Visvader J, Matthews J. Structural basis for the recognition of ldb1 by the N-terminal LIM domains of LMO2 and LMO4. EMBO J. 2003;22:2224-33 pubmed..These findings constitute the first molecular definition of LIM-mediated protein-protein interactions and suggest a mechanism by which ldb1 can bind a variety of LIM domains that share low sequence homology. ..
- Senapin S, Chen X, Clark Walker G. Transcription of TIM9, a new factor required for the petite-positive phenotype of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is defective in spt7 mutants. Curr Genet. 2003;44:202-10 pubmed
- Hime G, Lada H, Fietz M, Gillies S, Passmore A, Wicking C, et al. Functional analysis in Drosophila indicates that the NBCCS/PTCH1 mutation G509V results in activation of smoothened through a dominant-negative mechanism. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:780-90 pubmed..Another mutation at the same residue, G509R, did not exhibit dominant-negative activity, suggesting that simple removal of the glycine at 509 is not sufficient to impart dominant-negative function. ..
- Sergi B, Penttila I. Interleukin 18 receptor. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2004;18:55-61 pubmed
- Chen M, Hiller R, Howe C, Larkum A. Unique origin and lateral transfer of prokaryotic chlorophyll-b and chlorophyll-d light-harvesting systems. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:21-8 pubmed..This may indicate widespread lateral transfer of the Pcb protein-based light-harvesting system...
- Kongsuwan K, Josh P, Picault M, Wijffels G, Dalrymple B. The plasmid RK2 replication initiator protein (TrfA) binds to the sliding clamp beta subunit of DNA polymerase III: implication for the toxicity of a peptide derived from the amino-terminal portion of 33-kilodalton TrfA. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5501-9 pubmed
- Prayitno J, Imin N, Rolfe B, Mathesius U. Identification of ethylene-mediated protein changes during nodulation in Medicago truncatula using proteome analysis. J Proteome Res. 2006;5:3084-95 pubmed..When a mutant defective in ethylene signaling, such as skl, is inoculated with rhizobia, the plant stress response is reduced, resulting in increased nodule numbers. ..
- Atkinson S, Bartholomew J. Alternate spore stages of Myxobilatus gasterostei, a myxosporean parasite of three-spined sticklebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus) and oligochaetes (Nais communis). Parasitol Res. 2009;104:1173-81 pubmed publisher..gasterostei may be sustained and dispersed within the invertebrate host population. ..
- Packham D, Ward R, Ap Lin V, Hawkins N, Hitchins M. Implementation of novel pyrosequencing assays to screen for common mutations of BRAF and KRAS in a cohort of sporadic colorectal cancers. Diagn Mol Pathol. 2009;18:62-71 pubmed publisher..These assays would serve as a suitable platform for large-scale mutation detection in cancer specimens where the facility for pyrosequencing is available. ..
- Chakrabarti A, Panter S, Harrison K, Jones J, Jones D. Regions of the Cf-9B disease resistance protein able to cause spontaneous necrosis in Nicotiana benthamiana lie within the region controlling pathogen recognition in tomato. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:1214-26 pubmed publisher..We postulate that this necrosis-inducing factor is recognized by Cf-9B either directly as a ligand or indirectly as a regulator of Cf-9B autoactivity. ..
- Gallego Ortega D, Gómez del Pulgar T, Valdes Mora F, Cebrian A, Lacal J. Involvement of human choline kinase alpha and beta in carcinogenesis: a different role in lipid metabolism and biological functions. Adv Enzyme Regul. 2011;51:183-94 pubmed publisher..2007). Therefore, further research should be supported on the utility of ChoK isoforms as a promising area to improve cancer diagnosis and treatment. ..
- McNeil H, Simpson R, Chesterman C, Krilis S. Anti-phospholipid antibodies are directed against a complex antigen that includes a lipid-binding inhibitor of coagulation: beta 2-glycoprotein I (apolipoprotein H). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:4120-4 pubmed..Interference with the function of beta 2GPI by aPL antibodies could explain the thrombotic diathesis seen in association with these antibodies. ..
- Harvey J, Nelson P, Carey W, Robertson E, Morris C. An arylsulfatase A (ARSA) missense mutation (T274M) causing late-infantile metachromatic leukodystrophy. Hum Mutat. 1993;2:261-7 pubmed..This is consistent with the very low ARSA activity measured in these patients and their uniformly severe clinical presentation. ..
- Muscat G, Mynett Johnson L, Dowhan D, Downes M, Griggs R. Activation of myoD gene transcription by 3,5,3'-triiodo-L-thyronine: a direct role for the thyroid hormone and retinoid X receptors. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:583-91 pubmed
- Baker E, Guo X, Orsborn A, Sutherland G, Callen D, Hopwood J, et al. The morquio A syndrome (mucopolysaccharidosis IVA) gene maps to 16q24.3. Am J Hum Genet. 1993;52:96-8 pubmed..3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Localization of this band was confirmed by PCR analysis of a somatic cell hybrid panel used for fine mapping of chromosome 16. ..
- Franzon V, Barker A, Manning P. Nucleotide sequence encoding the mannose-fucose-resistant hemagglutinin of Vibrio cholerae O1 and construction of a mutant. Infect Immun. 1993;61:3032-7 pubmed..This defect also leads to a > 100-fold increase in the 50% lethal dose. These data suggest that the MFRHA is an important colonization factor in the infant mouse model...
- Zhu X, Veronese M, Iocco P, McManus M. cDNA cloning and expression of a new form of human aryl sulfotransferase. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 1996;28:565-71 pubmed
- Silins G, Grimmond S, Egerton M, Hayward N. Analysis of the promoter region of the human VEGF-related factor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;230:413-8 pubmed..These data may indicate that expression of these two growth factors is regulated by different physiological stimuli. ..
- Häse C, Le Dain A, Martinac B. Molecular dissection of the large mechanosensitive ion channel (MscL) of E. coli: mutants with altered channel gating and pressure sensitivity. J Membr Biol. 1997;157:17-25 pubmed
- Croan D, Morrison D, Ellis J. Evolution of the genus Leishmania revealed by comparison of DNA and RNA polymerase gene sequences. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1997;89:149-59 pubmed..Since our resulting phylogenetic hypothesis is supported by the analyses of two different genes, we speculate on the origin and evolutionary expansion of this lineage of kinetoplastid protozoa. ..
- Kalaydjieva L, Perez Lezaun A, Angelicheva D, Onengut S, Dye D, Bosshard N, et al. A founder mutation in the GK1 gene is responsible for galactokinase deficiency in Roma (Gypsies). Am J Hum Genet. 1999;65:1299-307 pubmed..The P28T carrier rate in this endogamous population is approximately 5%, suggesting that the mutation may be an important cause of early childhood blindness in countries with a sizeable Roma minority...
- Oakley A, Martinac B, Wilce M. Structure and function of the bacterial mechanosensitive channel of large conductance. Protein Sci. 1999;8:1915-21 pubmed..In this review, much of these data are united and interpreted in terms of the newly published M. tuberculosis MscL crystal structure. ..
- Phillips H, Favre I, Kirkpatrick M, Zuberi S, Goudie D, Heron S, et al. CHRNB2 is the second acetylcholine receptor subunit associated with autosomal dominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:225-31 pubmed..CHRNB2 is a new gene for idiopathic epilepsy, the second acetylcholine receptor subunit implicated in ADNFLE. ..
- McRae J, Murphy B, Eyre H, Sutherland G, Crawford J, Cowan P. Location and structure of the human FHR-5 gene. Genetica. 2002;114:157-61 pubmed..Furthermore, the short consensus repeats (SCRs) of FHR-5 are encoded by individual exons and splicing is of type 1. These data allow the generation of a more complete map of the factor H gene family. ..
- Fischer K, Chavchich M, Huestis R, Wilson D, Kemp D, Saul A. Ten families of variant genes encoded in subtelomeric regions of multiple chromosomes of Plasmodium chabaudi, a malaria species that undergoes antigenic variation in the laboratory mouse. Mol Microbiol. 2003;48:1209-23 pubmed..Although all families have homologues in other rodent Plasmodium species, four were previously not known to be subtelomeric. Six have homologues in human and simian malarias...
- Reeve W, Tiwari R, Guerreiro N, Stubbs J, Dilworth M, Glenn A, et al. Probing for pH-regulated proteins in Sinorhizobium medicae using proteomic analysis. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;7:140-7 pubmed..These findings implicate proteolytic, chaperone and transport processes as key components of pH response in S. medicae...
- Kenning M, Gentle A, McBrien N. Expression and cDNA sequence of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) in a mammalian model of human disease processes: Tupaia belangeri. DNA Seq. 2004;15:332-7 pubmed..The tree shrew is a species close to the primate line and is an emerging animal model for a variety of human diseases, including hepatitis and myopia that feature MMP-2 mediated remodelling of the extracellular matrix...
- Faulkner C, Blackman L, Cordwell S, Overall R. Proteomic identification of putative plasmodesmatal proteins from Chara corallina. Proteomics. 2005;5:2866-75 pubmed..Several spots remained unidentified providing exciting new candidate plasmodesmata-associated proteins...
- Mackenzie P, Rogers A, Treloar J, Jorgensen B, Miners J, Meech R. Identification of UDP glycosyltransferase 3A1 as a UDP N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36205-10 pubmed publisher..Its activity and distribution suggest that UGT3A1 may have an important role in the metabolism and elimination of ursodeoxycholic acid in therapies for ameliorating the symptoms of cholestasis or for dissolving gallstones. ..
- Lyons R, Nairn K, Huson M, Kim M, Dumsday G, Elvin C. Comparisons of recombinant resilin-like proteins: repetitive domains are sufficient to confer resilin-like properties. Biomacromolecules. 2009;10:3009-14 pubmed publisher..Despite the reduced complexity of the An16 and Dros16 proteins compared to natural resilins, we have been able to produce elastic and resilient biomaterials with similar properties to resilin. ..
- Arthur K, Dogra S, Randles J. Complete nucleotide sequence of Velvet tobacco mottle virus isolate K1. Arch Virol. 2010;155:1893-6 pubmed publisher..The VTMoV sequence is closest to those sobemoviruses isolated from monocotyledonous plants, although the narrow host range of VTMoV is limited to dicotyledonous plants. ..
- Young L, Cross M, Duckworth J, Flenady S, Belov K. Molecular identification of interleukin-2 in the lymphoid tissues of the common brushtail possum, Trichosurus vulpecula. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;36:236-40 pubmed publisher..Despite this low sequence identity, possum IL-2 still possessed the characteristic hallmarks of mammalian IL-2, such as a predicted signal peptide and conserved family motifs...
- Sadeghipour S, Bek E, McMinn P. Selection and characterisation of guanidine-resistant mutants of human enterovirus 71. Virus Res. 2012;169:72-9 pubmed publisher..This study confirms that guanidine resistance can be readily selected in HEV71 and is attributable to mutations within protein 2C. ..
- Mercer J, Barnes N, Stevenson J, Strausak D, Llanos R. Copper-induced trafficking of the cU-ATPases: a key mechanism for copper homeostasis. Biometals. 2003;16:175-84 pubmed..Deletions of various MBSs of the WND N-terminus in the chimera indicate that a targeting signal in the region of MBS6 directs either WND/MNK or WND to a vesicular compartment of the cell. ..
- Gagen E, Mosoni P, Denman S, Al Jassim R, McSweeney C, Forano E. Methanogen colonisation does not significantly alter acetogen diversity in lambs isolated 17 h after birth and raised aseptically. Microb Ecol. 2012;64:628-40 pubmed..The establishment of Mbb. sp. 87.7 (1,000-fold increase in methanogens) did not substantially affect acetogen diversity. ..
- Manning P, Stroeher U, Karageorgos L, Morona R. Putative O-antigen transport genes within the rfb region of Vibrio cholerae O1 are homologous to those for capsule transport. Gene. 1995;158:1-7 pubmed..The function of RfbG is unknown, but it would appear to be a relatively hydrophilic protein and we can only speculate that it may be either a specific transferase or possibly the O-antigen polymerase...
- Hahn C, Kerry D, Omdahl J, May B. Identification of a vitamin D responsive element in the promoter of the rat cytochrome P450(24) gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:2410-6 pubmed..A VDRE at position -150 to -136 in the promoter of the rat P450(24) gene is identified in this study and found to be important in mediating the enhanced expression of the gene by 1,25-(OH)2D3. ..
- Ross I, Dunn T, Yue X, Roy S, Barnett C, Hume D. Comparison of the expression and function of the transcription factor PU.1 (Spi-1 proto-oncogene) between murine macrophages and B lymphocytes. Oncogene. 1994;9:121-32 pubmed..1 expression. The data suggest that differences in nuclear PU.1 expression and function between macrophages and B cells may play a role in lineage divergence. ..
- Karotam J, Delves A, Oakeshott J. Conservation and change in structural and 5' flanking sequences of esterase 6 in sibling Drosophila species. Genetica. 1993;88:11-28 pubmed..Thus the data suggest a relatively low level of selective constraint on the amino acid sequence of EST6 but a relatively high level of constraint on sequences affecting aspects of its expression...
- Alexander B, Rasko J, Morahan G, Cook W. Gene deletion explains both in vivo and in vitro generated chromosome 2 aberrations associated with murine myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 1995;9:2009-15 pubmed..5 cM by microsatellite mapping of 22 radiation-induced F1 tumors. In addition, we have eliminated the possibility that imprinting ablates expression from the remaining undeleted chromosome. ..
- Coulson M, Robert S, Eyre H, Saint R. The identification and localization of a human gene with sequence similarity to Polycomblike of Drosophila melanogaster. Genomics. 1998;48:381-3 pubmed..PHF1 was mapped to 6p21.3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. While several genetic diseases that are likely to result from developmental abnormalities map to this region, PHF1 is not a clear candidate gene for any of them. ..
- Stewart C, Parente F, Piehl F, Farnebo F, Quincey D, Silins G, et al. Characterization of the mouse Men1 gene and its expression during development. Oncogene. 1998;17:2485-93 pubmed..These results show that Men1 expression is not confined to organs affected in MEN1, suggesting that Men1 has a significant function in many different cell types including the CNS and testis. ..
- Goodwin B, Hodgson E, Liddle C. The orphan human pregnane X receptor mediates the transcriptional activation of CYP3A4 by rifampicin through a distal enhancer module. Mol Pharmacol. 1999;56:1329-39 pubmed..Our results provide evidence for the existence of a potent enhancer module, 8 kb distal to the transcription start point, which mediates the transcriptional induction of CYP3A4 by activators of hPXR. ..
- Lower K, Turner G, Kerr B, Mathews K, Shaw M, Gedeon A, et al. Mutations in PHF6 are associated with Börjeson-Forssman-Lehmann syndrome. Nat Genet. 2002;32:661-5 pubmed..Such localization, and the presence of two PHD-like zinc fingers, is suggestive of a role for PHF6 in transcription. ..
- Wegener K, Carver J, Bowie J. The solution structures and activity of caerin 1.1 and caerin 1.4 in aqueous trifluoroethanol and dodecylphosphocholine micelles. Biopolymers. 2003;69:42-59 pubmed..The similarity of the structures calculated in aqueous trifluoroethanol and dodecylphosphocholine micelles suggests that, for caerin 1.1 and 1.4, these solvent systems are equally as good at representing a membrane environment. ..
- Rae A, Cybinski D, Jarmey J, Smith F. Characterization of two phosphate transporters from barley; evidence for diverse function and kinetic properties among members of the Pht1 family. Plant Mol Biol. 2003;53:27-36 pubmed..Taken together, the results suggest that HORvu;Pht1;1 functions in uptake of phosphate at the root surface, while HORvu;Pht1;6 probably functions in remobilization of stored phosphate from leaves. ..
- Meissner M, Krejany E, Gilson P, de Koning Ward T, Soldati D, Crabb B. Tetracycline analogue-regulated transgene expression in Plasmodium falciparum blood stages using Toxoplasma gondii transactivators. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2980-5 pubmed..On the other hand, the identified transactivators are not functional in mammalian cells, consistent with the fundamental differences in the mechanism of gene regulation between Apicomplexan parasites and their human hosts. ..
- Bennetts J, Fowles L, Berkman J, van Bueren K, Richman J, Simpson F, et al. Evolutionary conservation and murine embryonic expression of the gene encoding the SERTA domain-containing protein CDCA4 (HEPP). Gene. 2006;374:153-65 pubmed..Immunolocalisation of transiently and stably transfected epitope-tagged CDCA4 protein in mammalian cells suggests that it resides predominantly in the nucleus throughout all stages of the cell cycle. ..
- Wu S, Tavassolian I, Rabiei G, Hunt P, Wirthensohn M, Gibson J, et al. Mapping SNP-anchored genes using high-resolution melting analysis in almond. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;282:273-81 pubmed publisher..Our work provides basic genomic information for the 12 genes, which can be used for further genetic and functional studies. ..
- Chen M, Martins R, Lardelli M. Complex splicing and neural expression of duplicated tau genes in zebrafish embryos. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;18:305-17 pubmed publisher..The predominant production of 4R-6R isoforms from mapta and of 3R isoforms from maptb suggests that zebrafish embryos will be a useful tool with which to study the discrete functions and interactions of the 3R and 4R MAPT isoforms. ..
- Tze L, Horikawa K, Domaschenz H, Howard D, Roots C, Rigby R, et al. CD83 increases MHC II and CD86 on dendritic cells by opposing IL-10-driven MARCH1-mediated ubiquitination and degradation. J Exp Med. 2011;208:149-65 pubmed publisher..Exploiting this posttranslational pathway for boosting MHC class II and CD86 expression on DCs may provide an opportunity to enhance the immunogenicity of vaccines. ..
- Toh E, Huq N, Dashper S, Reynolds E. Cysteine protease inhibitors: from evolutionary relationships to modern chemotherapeutic design for the treatment of infectious diseases. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2010;11:725-43 pubmed
- Zaini Z, Phuektes P, McMinn P. Mouse adaptation of a sub-genogroup B5 strain of human enterovirus 71 is associated with a novel lysine to glutamic acid substitution at position 244 in protein VP1. Virus Res. 2012;167:86-96 pubmed publisher..Only viruses expressing the VP1 (K(244) ? E) mutation were virulent in 5-day-old BALB/c mice, indicating that the VP1 (K(244) ? E) change is the critical genetic determinant of mouse adaptation and virulence in this model...
- Stokes P, Liew C, Kwan A, Foo P, Barker H, Djamirze A, et al. Structural basis of the interaction of the breast cancer oncogene LMO4 with the tumour suppressor CtIP/RBBP8. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:1101-10 pubmed publisher..We hypothesise that overexpression of LMO4 may disrupt some of the normal tumour suppressor activities of CtIP, thereby contributing to breast cancer progression. ..
- Mehrabadi M, Hussain M, Asgari S. MicroRNAome of Spodoptera frugiperda cells (Sf9) and its alteration following baculovirus infection. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:1385-97 pubmed publisher..Seed shifting and arm switching happened during evolution of miRNAs in different insects and caused miRNA diversification, which led to changes in the target repository of miRNAs...
- Gregory M, Cleland L, James M. Molecular basis for differential elongation of omega-3 docosapentaenoic acid by the rat Elovl5 and Elovl2. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2851-7 pubmed publisher..Understanding the ability of elongases to synthesize 24:5n-3 may provide a basis for using sequence data to predict their ability to ultimately support DHA synthesis. ..
- Dai J, Baxter R. Molecular cloning of the acid-labile subunit of the rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;188:304-9 pubmed..4 kb and minor bands of about 2 kb, 1.4 kb and 1 kb. The tissue distribution of this protein may therefore be wider than previously recognized. ..
- Loudon J, Loughlin R. Mutagenesis and regulation of the cysJ promoter of Escherichia coli K-12. Gene. 1992;122:17-25 pubmed..By comparison of the sequences of four cys promoters, a possible CysB-binding site was found which included the region shown to be required for the positive regulation of the cysJ promoter. ..
- Mills R, O Donoghue S, Smith R, King G. Solution structure of endothelin-3 determined using NMR spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 1992;31:5640-5 pubmed..Structure-activity studies are interpreted in terms of the conformational features of the calculated endothelin-3 structure. ..
- Lonie A, D ANDREA R, Paro R, Saint R. Molecular characterisation of the Polycomblike gene of Drosophila melanogaster, a trans-acting negative regulator of homeotic gene expression. Development. 1994;120:2629-36 pubmed..These data add further support for a model in which Polycomb Group proteins form multimeric protein complexes at specific chromosomal loci to repress transcription at those loci. ..
- Townson S, Lagercrantz J, Grimmond S, Silins G, Nordenskjold M, Weber G, et al. Characterization of the murine VEGF-related factor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;220:922-8 pubmed..A short polymorphic AC repeat is present in the 3' untranslated region of murine vrf. A major band of approximately 1.3kb was expressed in all adult mouse tissues examined. ..
- Mojarrabi B, Butler R, Mackenzie P. cDNA cloning and characterization of the human UDP glucuronosyltransferase, UGT1A3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;225:785-90 pubmed..RNA encoding UGT1A3 was detected in human liver and colon tissue. ..
- Paul C, Clark S. Cytosine methylation: quantitation by automated genomic sequencing and GENESCAN analysis. Biotechniques. 1996;21:126-33 pubmed..Using this approach we have found the unexpected result that multicopy plasmid DNA grown in a Dcm host is not always fully methylated as suggested by restriction enzyme data. ..
- Naylor D, Hoogenraad N, Hoj P. Isolation and characterisation of a cDNA encoding rat mitochondrial GrpE, a stress-inducible nucleotide-exchange factor of ubiquitous appearance in mammalian organs. FEBS Lett. 1996;396:181-8 pubmed..Furthermore, members of the GrpE family exhibit a much lower degree of sequence identity than do the well studied members of the Hsp70, Hsp60 and Hsp10 families. ..
- Symons R. Plant pathogenic RNAs and RNA catalysis. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:2683-9 pubmed..It is feasible that more single-stranded circular pathogenic RNAs are waiting to be discovered and these could be prospective for new types of self-cleavage reactions. ..
- Kalinna B, McManus D. A vaccine against the Asian schistosome, Schistosoma japonicum: an update on paramyosin as a target of protective immunity. Int J Parasitol. 1997;27:1213-9 pubmed..Here we discuss the literature of the past decade and report on different recombinant paramyosin constructs we are using in our laboratory to develop a vaccine against the Asian schistosoma, Schistosoma japonicum. ..
- Xin X, Huang X. Down-regulated NPY receptor subtype-5 mRNA expression in genetically obese mouse brain. Neuroreport. 1998;9:737-41 pubmed..Results indicated that Y5 receptor mRNA expression is downregulated in hereditary obese (ob/ob) mice. This is possibly due to over-expression of hypothalamic NPY which occurs in this phenotype. ..
- Rogers A, Gunadi A, Gully N, Zilm P. An aminopeptidase nutritionally important to Fusobacterium nucleatum. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 7):1807-13 pubmed..nucleatum in the subgingival environment of the mouth. ..
- Haines B, Voyle R, Pelton T, Forrest R, Rathjen P. Complex conserved organization of the mammalian leukemia inhibitory factor gene: regulated expression of intracellular and extracellular cytokines. J Immunol. 1999;162:4637-46 pubmed..Regulated expression of biologically active intracellular and extracellular LIF cytokine could thus provide alternate mechanisms for the modulation of hematopoiesis and immune system function. ..