Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Denmark
Topic: molecular cloning
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Hansen L, Johannesen E, Burmølle M, Sørensen A, Sørensen S. Plasmid-encoded multidrug efflux pump conferring resistance to olaquindox in Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:3332-7 pubmed..coli strain N43. In addition, we show that the efflux system is dependent on the host TolC outer membrane protein when expressed in E. coli. ..
- Melander F, Bekker Jensen S, Falck J, Bartek J, Mailand N, Lukas J. Phosphorylation of SDT repeats in the MDC1 N terminus triggers retention of NBS1 at the DNA damage-modified chromatin. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:213-26 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that phosphorylation of the SDT repeats in the MDC1 N terminus functions to recruit NBS1 and, thereby, increases the local concentration of MRN at the sites of chromosomal breakage. ..
- Michelsen B, Petersen J, Boel E, Møldrup A, Dyrberg T, Madsen O. Cloning, characterization, and autoimmune recognition of rat islet glutamic acid decarboxylase in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:8754-8 pubmed..Thus, mammalian cell lines expressing functionally active, recombinant GAD may become important tools to study the nature and the role of GAD autoreactivity in IDDM. ..
- Honore B, Madsen P, Andersen A, Leffers H. Cloning and expression of a novel human profilin variant, profilin II. FEBS Lett. 1993;330:151-5 pubmed..In addition, three different transcript lengths were detected. Only one transcript of profilin I was found. The expression level of this was low in brain and skeletal muscle, medium in heart and high in placenta, lung, liver and kidney. ..
- Ladefoged S, Christiansen G. Mycoplasma hominis expresses two variants of a cell-surface protein, one a lipoprotein, and one not. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 3):761-70 pubmed..hominis, P120' was only rarely recognized. The conserved nature of the P120 gene family indicates that it has an essential, although currently unknown, function...
- Secher T, Lenz C, Cazzamali G, S rensen G, Williamson M, Hansen G, et al. Molecular cloning of a functional allatostatin gut/brain receptor and an allatostatin preprohormone from the silkworm Bombyx mori. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47052-60 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the molecular cloning and functional expression of an insect gut/brain peptide hormone receptor...
- Iversen L, Moller K, Pedersen A, Peters G, Petersen A, Andersen H, et al. Structure determination of T cell protein-tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19982-90 pubmed..Importantly, despite the high degree of functional and structural similarity between TC-PTP and PTP1B, we have been able to identify areas close to the active site that might be addressed to develop selective inhibitors of each enzyme. ..
- Hornum L, Rømer J, Markholst H. The diabetes-prone BB rat carries a frameshift mutation in Ian4, a positional candidate of Iddm1. Diabetes. 2002;51:1972-9 pubmed..We propose that Ian4 is identical to Iddm1...
- Karring H, Andersen G, Thirup S, Nyborg J, Spremulli L, Clark B. Isolation, crystallisation, and preliminary X-ray analysis of the bovine mitochondrial EF-Tu:GDP and EF-Tu:EF-Ts complexes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1601:172-7 pubmed..78 A, c=128.89 A and beta=96.978 degrees. The crystals of the homologous mitochondrial EF-Tu:EF-Ts complex diffract to 4 A and belong to space group C2 with cell parameters a=157.7 A, b=151.9 A, c=156.9 A, and beta=108.96 degrees. ..
- Amado M, Almeida R, Carneiro F, Levery S, Holmes E, Nomoto M, et al. A family of human beta3-galactosyltransferases. Characterization of four members of a UDP-galactose:beta-N-acetyl-glucosamine/beta-nacetyl-galactosamine beta-1,3-galactosyltransferase family. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:12770-8 pubmed..beta3Gal-T2, -T3, and -T4 were localized to 1q31, 3q25, and 6p21.3, respectively, by EST mapping. The results demonstrate the existence of a family of homologous beta3-galactosyltransferase genes. ..
- Thim L, Nielsen P, Judge M, Andersen A, Diers I, Egel Mitani M, et al. Purification and characterisation of a new hypothalamic satiety peptide, cocaine and amphetamine regulated transcript (CART), produced in yeast. FEBS Lett. 1998;428:263-8 pubmed..When the four CART peptides were intracerebroventricularly injected in fasted mice (0.1 to 2.0 microg) they all produced a dose dependent inhibition of food intake. ..
- Segers G, Hamada W, Oliver R, Spanu P. Isolation and characterisation of five different hydrophobin-encoding cDNAs from the fungal tomato pathogen Cladosporium fulvum. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:644-52 pubmed..Expression of HCf-4 was suppressed, but expression of HCf-2 and -3 was upregulated. Expression of HCf-5 was not changed. ..
- Stahlhut M, van Deurs B. Identification of filamin as a novel ligand for caveolin-1: evidence for the organization of caveolin-1-associated membrane domains by the actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:325-37 pubmed..The actin network, therefore, seems to be directly involved in the spatial organization of caveolin-1-associated membrane domains. ..
- Bock J, Lundsgaard T, Pedersen P, Christensen L. Identification and partial characterization of Taastrup virus: a newly identified member species of the Mononegavirales. Virology. 2004;319:49-59 pubmed..The sequence similarities and the unique filovirus-like but nonidentical morphology unambiguously refer this newly identified virus to the order of Mononegavirales but to no family more than any, to other within the order. ..
- Larsen K, Madsen L, Bendixen C. Porcine SPLUNC1: molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1727:220-6 pubmed..This airway-specific expression might be of particular interest in the study of airborne diseases in pig. ..
- Corydon T, Haagerup A, Jensen T, Binderup H, Petersen M, Kaltoft K, et al. A functional CD86 polymorphism associated with asthma and related allergic disorders. J Med Genet. 2007;44:509-15 pubmed..The CD86 gene, and specifically the Ile179Val polymorphism, may be a novel aetiological factor in the development of asthma and related allergic disorders. ..
- Maury J, Asadollahi M, Møller K, Schalk M, Clark A, Formenti L, et al. Reconstruction of a bacterial isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:4032-8 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae. mRNA from the seven genes was detected, and the pathway was shown able to sustain growth of yeast in conditions of inhibition of its constitutive isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Kristensen T, Oxvig C, Sand O, Møller N, Sottrup Jensen L. Amino acid sequence of human pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A derived from cloned cDNA. Biochemistry. 1994;33:1592-8 pubmed..Apart from these features, the PAPP-A sequence is not related to other known protein sequences. ..
- Madsen P, Rasmussen H, Flint T, Gromov P, Kruse T, Honore B, et al. Cloning, expression, and chromosome mapping of human galectin-7. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5823-9 pubmed..Both, its cellular localization as well as its striking down-regulation in K14 keratinocytes imply a role in cell-cell and/or cell-matrix interactions necessary for normal growth control. The galectin-7 gene was mapped to chromosome 19. ..
- Vissing H, Aagaard L, Tommerup N, Boel E. Localization of the human gene for advanced glycosylation end product-specific receptor (AGER) to chromosome 6p21.3. Genomics. 1994;24:606-8 pubmed
- Berglund L, Petersen T, Rasmussen J. Structural characterization of bovine CD36 from the milk fat globule membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1309:63-8 pubmed..Peptides corresponding to 43% of the protein were sequenced. All eight potential N-glycosylation sites were glycosylated and the carbohydrate compositions of the individual sites were determined. ..
- Muller J, Schiel S, Ordal G, Saxild H. Functional and genetic characterization of mcpC, which encodes a third methyl-accepting chemotaxis protein in Bacillus subtilis. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 10):3231-40 pubmed..The level of beta-galactosidase expressed from a transcriptional mcpC-lacZ fusion was increased threefold when cells entered the stationary phase. No beta-galactosidase could be detected in a sigD genetic background. ..
- Mitchelmore C, Troelsen J, Sjostrom H, Noren O. The HOXC11 homeodomain protein interacts with the lactase-phlorizin hydrolase promoter and stimulates HNF1alpha-dependent transcription. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:13297-306 pubmed..Both forms of HOXC11 potentiate transcriptional activation of the LPH promoter by HNF1alpha. The expression of HOXC11 mRNA in human fetal intestine suggests a role in early intestinal development. ..
- Holmskov U, Mollenhauer J, Madsen J, Vitved L, Gronlund J, Tornoe I, et al. Cloning of gp-340, a putative opsonin receptor for lung surfactant protein D. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10794-9 pubmed..Immunoreactive gp-340 was also found in epithelial cells of the small intestine and in the ducts of salivary glands. The distribution of gp-340 in macrophages is compatible with a role as an opsonin receptor for SP-D. ..
- Munch Petersen B, Knecht W, Lenz C, Søndergaard L, Piskur J. Functional expression of a multisubstrate deoxyribonucleoside kinase from Drosophila melanogaster and its C-terminal deletion mutants. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6673-9 pubmed..Removal of the C-terminal 20 amino acids increased the specific activity 2-fold, but 99% of the activity was lost after removal of the C-terminal 30 amino acids. ..
- Williamson M, Lenz C, Winther A, Nässel D, Grimmelikhuijzen C, Winther M. Molecular cloning, genomic organization, and expression of a B-type (cricket-type) allatostatin preprohormone from Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:544-50 pubmed..This is the first published report of a B-type allatostatin preprohormone in insects, and the first paper describing the presence of B-type allatostatins in a representative of the insect order Diptera (flies). ..
- Hermit M, Greenwood J, Brauner Osborne H. Mutation-induced quisqualic acid and ibotenic acid affinity at the metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 4: ligand selectivity results from a synergy of several amino acid residues. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34811-7 pubmed..The study shows that mGluR subtype selectivity results from a complex interplay of residues shaping the binding pocket, rather than being attributable to a single specific ligand-receptor interaction. ..
- Jeppesen M, Navratil T, Spremulli L, Nyborg J. Crystal structure of the bovine mitochondrial elongation factor Tu.Ts complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5071-81 pubmed..The structure of the EF-Tumt.Tsmt complex provides new insights into the nucleotide exchange mechanism and provides a framework for explaining much of the mutational data obtained for this complex. ..
- Bjerre D, Madsen L, Bendixen C, Larsen K. Porcine Parkin: molecular cloning of PARK2 cDNA, expression analysis, and identification of a splicing variant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:803-13 pubmed..The porcine PARK2 orthologue was mapped to chromosome 1p24-25. Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis revealed seven SNPs in the porcine PARK2 gene, one missense and one silent mutation in exon 7 and five SNPs in intron 7. ..
- Lomholt H, Kilian M. Population genetic analysis of Propionibacterium acnes identifies a subpopulation and epidemic clones associated with acne. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12277 pubmed publisher..The results of the study indicate that particular clones of P. acnes play an etiologic role in acne while others are associated with health. ..
- Johnsen L, Rasmussen L, Petersen T, Berglund L. Characterization of three types of human alpha s1-casein mRNA transcripts. Biochem J. 1995;309 ( Pt 1):237-42 pubmed..Tissue-specific expression of human alpha s1-casein was indicated by Northern-blot analysis. In addition, two cryptic exons were localized in the bovine alpha s1-casein gene. ..
- Christensen J, Pedersen M, Aasted B, Alexandersen S. Purification and characterization of the major nonstructural protein (NS-1) of Aleutian mink disease parvovirus. J Virol. 1995;69:1802-9 pubmed..ATPase, or helicase activity. The availability of large amounts of purified functional NS-1 protein will facilitate studies of the biochemistry of ADV replication and gene regulation leading to disease in mink. ..
- Jorgensen S, Vorgias C, Antranikian G. Cloning, sequencing, characterization, and expression of an extracellular alpha-amylase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus in Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16335-42 pubmed..This extracellular alpha-amylase is not homologous to the subcellular alpha-amylase previously isolated from the same organism. ..
- Carlsson C, Tornehave D, Lindberg K, Galante P, Billestrup N, Michelsen B, et al. Growth hormone and prolactin stimulate the expression of rat preadipocyte factor-1/delta-like protein in pancreatic islets: molecular cloning and expression pattern during development and growth of the endocrine pancreas. Endocrinology. 1997;138:3940-8 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings suggest that Pref-1 is involved in both differentiation and growth of beta-cells. ..
- Moestrup S, Kozyraki R, Kristiansen M, Kaysen J, Rasmussen H, Brault D, et al. The intrinsic factor-vitamin B12 receptor and target of teratogenic antibodies is a megalin-binding peripheral membrane protein with homology to developmental proteins. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5235-42 pubmed..Due to the high number of CUB domains, accounting for 88% of the protein mass, we propose the name cubilin for the novel receptor. ..
- Bennett E, Hassan H, Mandel U, Hollingsworth M, Akisawa N, Ikematsu Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a close homologue of human UDP-N-acetyl-alpha-D-galactosamine:Polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-T3, designated GalNAc-T6. Evidence for genetic but not functional redundancy. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:25362-70 pubmed..The results demonstrate the existence of genetic redundancy of a polypeptide GalNAc-transferase that does not provide full functional redundancy. ..
- Brauner Osborne H, Jensen A, Sheppard P, Brodin B, Krogsgaard Larsen P, O HARA P. Cloning and characterization of a human orphan family C G-protein coupled receptor GPRC5D. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1518:237-48 pubmed
- Engelholm L, Behrendt N. Differential binding of urokinase and peptide antagonists to the urokinase receptor: evidence from characterization of the receptor in four primate species. Biol Chem. 2001;382:435-42 pubmed publisher..These findings aid the elucidation of the structure/function relationship of uPAR and, unexpectedly, identify a structural distinction governing the binding of uPA and a very similar peptide antagonist...
- Brodersen P, Petersen M, Pike H, Olszak B, Skov S, Odum N, et al. Knockout of Arabidopsis accelerated-cell-death11 encoding a sphingosine transfer protein causes activation of programmed cell death and defense. Genes Dev. 2002;16:490-502 pubmed..In contrast to GLTP, ACD11 accelerates the transfer of sphingosine, but not of glycosphingolipids, between membranes in vitro. ..
- Staubli F, Jorgensen T, Cazzamali G, Williamson M, Lenz C, Sondergaard L, et al. Molecular identification of the insect adipokinetic hormone receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3446-51 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the insect AKH receptors are structurally and evolutionarily related to the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors from vertebrates...
- Pallesen L, Berglund L, Rasmussen L, Petersen T, Rasmussen J. Isolation and characterization of MUC15, a novel cell membrane-associated mucin. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:2755-63 pubmed
- Lo Leggio L, Dal Degan F, Poulsen P, Andersen S, Larsen S. The structure and specificity of Escherichia coli maltose acetyltransferase give new insight into the LacA family of acyltransferases. Biochemistry. 2003;42:5225-35 pubmed..Structural differences at the acceptor site reflect the differences in substrate specificity. ..
- Pedersen L, Henriksen A. Expression, purification and crystallization of two peroxisomal acyl-CoA oxidases from Arabidopsis thaliana. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:1125-8 pubmed..A selenomethionine-substituted form of the protein was produced and two-wavelength MAD data were collected at beamline BW7A, EMBL Outstation, Hamburg. ..
- Wellendorph P, Hansen K, Balsgaard A, Greenwood J, Egebjerg J, Brauner Osborne H. Deorphanization of GPRC6A: a promiscuous L-alpha-amino acid receptor with preference for basic amino acids. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:589-97 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of a chimeric receptor approach in combination with molecular modeling, for elucidating agonist interaction with GPRC6A, a novel family C G-protein-coupled receptor. ..
- Kvist T, Mengewein A, Manzei S, Ahring B, Westermann P. Diversity of thermophilic and non-thermophilic Crenarchaeota at 80 degrees C. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;244:61-8 pubmed
- Riber L, Løbner Olesen A. Coordinated replication and sequestration of oriC and dnaA are required for maintaining controlled once-per-cell-cycle initiation in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:5605-13 pubmed..Therefore, coordinated sequestration of oriC and dnaA is required for maintaining controlled once-per-cell-cycle initiation. ..
- Petersen C, Nygård A, Viuff B, Fredholm M, Aasted B, Salomonsen J. Porcine ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 (NPP1/CD203a): cloning, transcription, expression, mapping, and identification of an NPP1/CD203a epitope for swine workshop cluster 9 (SWC9) monoclonal antibodies. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:618-31 pubmed..The antibody was used for immunohistochemical examination of various porcine tissues. Most prominent expression of NPP1/CD203a was found in lung macrophages and liver sinusoids. ..
- Purta E, O Connor M, Bujnicki J, Douthwaite S. YgdE is the 2'-O-ribose methyltransferase RlmM specific for nucleotide C2498 in bacterial 23S rRNA. Mol Microbiol. 2009;72:1147-58 pubmed publisher..The ygdE gene has been redesignated rlmM for rRNA large subunit methyltransferase M. ..
- Bendixen E, Halkier T, Magnusson S, Sottrup Jensen L, Kristensen T. Complete primary structure of bovine beta 2-glycoprotein I: localization of the disulfide bridges. Biochemistry. 1992;31:3611-7 pubmed
- Dandanell G, Hammer K. deoP1 promoter and operator mutants in Escherichia coli: isolation and characterization. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:2371-6 pubmed..The deoP1 promotor activity is dependent on a TG motif one base pair upstream of the -10 consensus sequence. The sequence of the deo operator site was further verified by use of a synthetic linker. ..
- Christiansen L, Schou S, Nygaard P, Saxild H. Xanthine metabolism in Bacillus subtilis: characterization of the xpt-pbuX operon and evidence for purine- and nitrogen-controlled expression of genes involved in xanthine salvage and catabolism. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:2540-50 pubmed..This result suggests the existence of different signalling pathways for repression of the transcription of the xpt-pbuX operon and the induction of xanthine dehydrogenase. ..
- Jespersen H, Kjaersgård I, Ostergaard L, Welinder K. From sequence analysis of three novel ascorbate peroxidases from Arabidopsis thaliana to structure, function and evolution of seven types of ascorbate peroxidase. Biochem J. 1997;326 ( Pt 2):305-10 pubmed..The data support the hypothesis that present-day peroxidases evolved by an early gene duplication event. ..
- Thomsen L, Pedersen M, Nørregaard Madsen M, Valentin Hansen P, Kallipolitis B. Protein-ligand interaction: grafting of the uridine-specific determinants from the CytR regulator of Salmonella typhimurium to Escherichia coli CytR. J Mol Biol. 1999;288:165-75 pubmed..The implications of these findings for the understanding of the ligand binding and induction of CytR are discussed in the context of the structural knowledge of CytR and homologous protein-ligand complexes. ..
- Oleksiewicz M, Kristensen B, Ladekjaer Mikkelsen A, Nielsen J. Development of a rapid in vitro protein refolding assay which discriminates between peptide-bound and peptide-free forms of recombinant porcine major histocompatibility class I complex (SLA-I). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2002;86:55-77 pubmed..It remains to be seen whether the rapid and technically very simple in vitro refold assay described here will prove generally applicable for the screening of virus-derived peptides for SLA-I binding. ..
- Skouboe C, Bjergbaek L, Oestergaard V, Larsen M, Knudsen B, Andersen A. A human topoisomerase II alpha heterodimer with only one ATP binding site can go through successive catalytic cycles. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5768-74 pubmed..The results can be explained in a model, where efficient catalysis requires an extensive communication between the second ATP and the DNA segment to be cleaved. ..
- Johansen S, Maus C, Plikaytis B, Douthwaite S. Capreomycin binds across the ribosomal subunit interface using tlyA-encoded 2'-O-methylations in 16S and 23S rRNAs. Mol Cell. 2006;23:173-82 pubmed..The location of these methylations indicates the binding site and inhibitory mechanism of capreomycin and viomycin at the ribosome subunit interface...
- Nielsen K, Sottrup Jensen L, Nagase H, Thøgersen H, Etzerodt M. Amino acid sequence of hen ovomacroglobulin (ovostatin) deduced from cloned cDNA. DNA Seq. 1994;5:111-9 pubmed..By comparing the sequences of the receptor binding domain in alpha Ms with the corresponding region of ovostatin possible determinants for receptor recognition of mammalian alpha Ms are proposed. ..
- Gromov P, Madsen P, Tomerup N, Celis J. A novel approach for expression cloning of small GTPases: identification, tissue distribution and chromosome mapping of the human homolog of rheb. FEBS Lett. 1995;377:221-6 pubmed..Northern analysis showed that human rheb is ubiquitously expressed, with the highest levels observed in skeletal and cardiac muscle, and not in brain, as it is the case for rat rheb. The human RHEB gene was mapped to chromosome 10q11. ..
- Nielsen M, Petersen C, Gliemann J, Madsen P. Cloning and sequencing of a human cDNA encoding a putative transcription factor containing a bromodomain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1306:14-6 pubmed..The results suggest that the encoded protein might be a novel transcription factor. ..
- Laursen L, Ampatzidou E, Andersen A, Murray J. Role for the fission yeast RecQ helicase in DNA repair in G2. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3692-705 pubmed..pombe system and models based on studies of Saccharomyces cerevisiae SGS1 suggesting that RecQ helicases act before Rad51. ..
- Radutoiu S, Madsen L, Madsen E, Felle H, Umehara Y, Grønlund M, et al. Plant recognition of symbiotic bacteria requires two LysM receptor-like kinases. Nature. 2003;425:585-92 pubmed
- Hove Jensen B. Heterooligomeric phosphoribosyl diphosphate synthase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: combinatorial expression of the five PRS genes in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40345-50 pubmed..The activity of PRPP synthases containing subunits 1 and 3 or subunits 1, 2, and 5 was found to be dependent on Pi, to be temperature-sensitive, and inhibited by ADP. ..
- Jensen A, Bergmann M, Sander T, Balle T. Ginkgolide X is a potent antagonist of anionic Cys-loop receptors with a unique selectivity profile at glycine receptors. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10141-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the distinct functionalities of ginkgolide X compared with the other ginkgolides could arise from different flexibility and thus different binding modes to the ion channel of the anionic Cys-loop receptor. ..
- Nygaard P, Duckert P, Saxild H. Role of adenine deaminase in purine salvage and nitrogen metabolism and characterization of the ade gene in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:846-53 pubmed..The ade gene was cloned, and the nucleotide sequence and mRNA analyses revealed a single-gene operon encoding a 65-kDa protein. By transductional crosses, we have located the ade gene to 130 degrees on the chromosomal map. ..
- Nielsen F, Andersen P, Jensen K. The B form of dihydroorotate dehydrogenase from Lactococcus lactis consists of two different subunits, encoded by the pyrDb and pyrK genes, and contains FMN, FAD, and [FeS] redox centers. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:29359-65 pubmed..Based on these results and on analysis of published sequences, we propose that the architecture of the deltakappa-enzyme is representative for the dihydroorotate dehydrogenases from Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Holmberg C, Katz S, Lerdrup M, Herdegen T, Jaattela M, Aronheim A, et al. A novel specific role for I kappa B kinase complex-associated protein in cytosolic stress signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31918-28 pubmed..Additionally, our results point to a role of JNK signaling in familial dysautonomia and, thus, further support the involvement of JNK signaling in the development, survival, and degeneration of the sensory and autonomic nervous system. ..
- Frydenberg J, Poulsen K, Petersen A, Lund A, Olesen O. Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding EF-1 alpha O, an elongation factor 1-alpha expressed during early development of Xenopus laevis. Gene. 1991;109:185-92 pubmed..The first intron contains G + C-rich elements which exist both isolated and as part of longer inverted repeats. Furthermore, one octamer and four Sp1-binding sites are found in this intron. ..
- Jørgensen M, Vestergård Petersen H, Ericson J, Madsen O, Serup P. Cloning and DNA-binding properties of the rat pancreatic beta-cell-specific factor Nkx6.1. FEBS Lett. 1999;461:287-94 pubmed..The expression of other known beta-cell-specific factors such as Pax4, Pax6, Pdx1, GLUT2 and GLP1-R is unchanged by the introduction of Nkx6.1. ..
- Mortensen K, Hansen H, Grentzmann G, Buckingham R, Sperling Petersen H. Osmo-expression and fast two-step purification of Escherichia coli translation termination factor RF-3. Eur J Biochem. 1995;234:732-6 pubmed..All assays showed that the purified RF-3 was highly active with a specific activity of approximately 2000 units/mg. ..
- Sørensen C, Berglund L, Petersen T. Cloning of a cDNA encoding murine tetranectin. Gene. 1995;152:243-5 pubmed..An overall aa identity of 79% exists between the deduced aa sequences of human and murine TN, revealing a high evolutionary conservation of the protein. The highest expression of mouse TN was found in lung and skeletal muscle. ..
- Hauser F, Nothacker H, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Molecular cloning, genomic organization, and developmental regulation of a novel receptor from Drosophila melanogaster structurally related to members of the thyroid-stimulating hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone/choriogonadot. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1002-10 pubmed..The expression pattern in embryos and larvae suggests that the receptor is involved in insect development. This is the first report on the molecular cloning of a glycoprotein hormone receptor family member from insects. ..
- Kahns S, Lykkebo S, Jakobsen L, Nielsen M, Jensen P. Caspase-mediated parkin cleavage in apoptotic cell death. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15303-8 pubmed..This suggests that parkin function is compromised in neuropathological states associated with an increased caspase activation, thereby further adding to the cellular stress. ..
- Sabater M, Heilmann S, Frøkiaer H, Biedermann K, Emborg C. The use of antibodies for characterization and quantification of a recombinant protein. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1996;782:462-77 pubmed..This study allowed us to develop an ELISA method for the quantification of proteinase A in culture supernatants as well as the evaluation of monoclonal antibodies for their use in immunoaffinity chromatography. ..
- Wulff B, Georg B, Fahrenkrug J. Expression and characterization of VIP and two VIP mutants in NIH 3T3 cells. FEBS Lett. 1994;341:43-8 pubmed..Peptides from the wild-type VIP precursor as well as peptides from the mutated VIP precursor were found to be able to stimulate the adenylate cyclase in cells expressing the VIP receptor. ..
- Berglund L, Rasmussen J, Andersen M, Rasmussen M, Petersen T. Purification of the bovine xanthine oxidoreductase from milk fat globule membranes and cloning of complementary deoxyribonucleic acid. J Dairy Sci. 1996;79:198-204 pubmed..The identity between the amino acid sequence of the bovine xanthine oxidoreductase and xanthine oxidoreductase from mammalian species was 86 to 90%. ..
- Nissen T, Anderlund M, Nielsen J, Villadsen J, Kielland Brandt M. Expression of a cytoplasmic transhydrogenase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae results in formation of 2-oxoglutarate due to depletion of the NADPH pool. Yeast. 2001;18:19-32 pubmed..The increased formation of 2-oxoglutarate was accompanied by a two-fold decrease in the maximal specific growth rate. Also the biomass and ethanol yields were significantly lowered by the transhydrogenase. ..
- Gjerstorff M, Madsen J, Bendixen C, Holmskov U, Hansen S. Genomic and molecular characterization of bovine surfactant protein D (SP-D). Mol Immunol. 2004;41:369-76 pubmed..By genotyping we assigned two potential polymorphisms leading to variations in the amino acid composition of the carbohydrate recognition domain (242 Glu/Val and 268 Ala/Gly). ..
- Sørensen K, Hove Jensen B. Ribose catabolism of Escherichia coli: characterization of the rpiB gene encoding ribose phosphate isomerase B and of the rpiR gene, which is involved in regulation of rpiB expression. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1003-11 pubmed
- Schwientek T, Nomoto M, Levery S, Merkx G, van Kessel A, Bennett E, et al. Control of O-glycan branch formation. Molecular cloning of human cDNA encoding a novel beta1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase forming core 2 and core 4. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4504-12 pubmed..The redundancy in beta1,6GlcNAc-transferases capable of forming core 2 O-glycans is important for understanding the mechanisms leading to specific changes in core 2 branching during cell development and malignant transformation. ..
- Hansen S, Holm D, Moeller V, Vitved L, Bendixen C, Reid K, et al. CL-46, a novel collectin highly expressed in bovine thymus and liver. J Immunol. 2002;169:5726-34 pubmed..Several potential thymus-related cis-regulatory elements were identified in the 5'-upstream sequence, indicating that the expression in thymus may be modulated by signals involved in T cell development. ..
- Salomonsen J, Sørensen M, Marston D, Rogers S, Collen T, van Hateren A, et al. Two CD1 genes map to the chicken MHC, indicating that CD1 genes are ancient and likely to have been present in the primordial MHC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8668-73 pubmed..The unexpected location of these genes in the chicken MHC suggests the CD1 system was present in the primordial MHC and is thus approximately 600 million years old. ..
- Bie Petersen C, Nygard A, Fredholm M, Aasted B, Salomonsen J. Various domains of the B-cell regulatory molecule CD72 has diverged at different rates in mammals: cloning, transcription and mapping of porcine CD72. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:530-8 pubmed..We suggest that this difference might be due to the different nature of ligands and the constrains on these to co-evolve. ..
- Stafflinger E, Hansen K, Hauser F, Schneider M, Cazzamali G, Williamson M, et al. Cloning and identification of an oxytocin/vasopressin-like receptor and its ligand from insects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3262-7 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the molecular cloning of an oxytocin/vasopressin-like receptor and its ligand from arthropods...
- Sandal N, Bojsen K, Richter H, Sengupta Gopalan C, Marcker K. The nodulin 24 protein family shows similarity to a family of glycine-rich plant proteins. Plant Mol Biol. 1992;18:607-10 pubmed
- Darmer D, Hauser F, Nothacker H, Bosch T, Williamson M, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Three different prohormones yield a variety of Hydra-RFamide (Arg-Phe-NH2) neuropeptides in Hydra magnipapillata. Biochem J. 1998;332 ( Pt 2):403-12 pubmed..All of this shows that neuropeptide biosynthesis in the primitive metazoan Hydra is already rather complex...
- Nilsson D, Kilstrup M. Cloning and expression of the Lactococcus lactis purDEK genes, required for growth in milk. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:4321-7 pubmed..No secondary transcription start points were mapped in or close to this region, indicating that a putative activator site and not a promoter was deleted or partly destroyed. ..
- Dahl S, Slaughter C, Lauritzen C, Bateman R, Connerton I, Pedersen J. Carica papaya glutamine cyclotransferase belongs to a novel plant enzyme subfamily: cloning and characterization of the recombinant enzyme. Protein Expr Purif. 2000;20:27-36 pubmed publisher..The expressed products were characterized by activity assays, SDS-PAGE, N-terminal amino acid sequencing, MALDI-TOF mass spectroscopy, and peptide mass fingerprint analysis...
- Sørensen H. Towards universal systems for recombinant gene expression. Microb Cell Fact. 2010;9:27 pubmed publisher..The time has come to identify a few well-performing systems that will allow us to express, purify, and characterize entire eukaryotic genomes. ..
- Jakobsen J, Mikkelsen J, Nielsen A. Elimination of the plasmid bacterial backbone in site-directed transgenesis. Biotechniques. 2010;48:313-6 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the elimination of the bacterial backbone increased expression of the inserted transgene. The presented method is simple and efficient for generating transgene cassette insertions devoid of the bacterial backbone. ..
- Saxild H, Andersen L, Hammer K. Dra-nupC-pdp operon of Bacillus subtilis: nucleotide sequence, induction by deoxyribonucleosides, and transcriptional regulation by the deoR-encoded DeoR repressor protein. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:424-34 pubmed..The upstream gene most likely encodes the regulator for the dra-nupC-pdp operon and was designated deoR (stands for deoxyribonucleoside regulator). ..
- Yokota K, Fukai E, Madsen L, Jurkiewicz A, Rueda P, Radutoiu S, et al. Rearrangement of actin cytoskeleton mediates invasion of Lotus japonicus roots by Mesorhizobium loti. Plant Cell. 2009;21:267-84 pubmed publisher..japonicus. ..