Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in China
Topic: molecular cloning
- Xu C, Li Y, Lin J, Zhang H, Zhang Y. Cloning and analysing the up-regulated expression of transthyretin-related gene (LR1) in rat liver regeneration following short interval successive partial hepatectomy. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:148-51 pubmed..Some genes were up-regulated in 112 h following SISPH in rat. LR(1) is one of these up-regulated expression genes which may play an important role in rat LR. ..
- Wang H, Xiao Y, Fu L, Zhao H, Zhang Y, Wan X, et al. High-level expression and purification of soluble recombinant FGF21 protein by SUMO fusion in Escherichia coli. BMC Biotechnol. 2010;10:14 pubmed publisher..coli, making it more convenient to purify rFGF21 than previously. This may be a better method to produce rFGF21 for pharmaceutical research and development. ..
- Chen F, Zhu S, Xiang Y, Jiang H, Cheng B. Molecular marker-assisted selection of the ae alleles in maize. Genet Mol Res. 2010;9:1074-84 pubmed publisher..3 and 73.3%, respectively) than was possible without marker selection. These data indicate that the marker can be used as a tool to improve selection efficiency and accelerate the cultivation of new varieties of high-amylose maize. ..
- Deane E, Woo N. Impact of heavy metals and organochlorines on hsp70 and hsc70 gene expression in black sea bream fibroblasts. Aquat Toxicol. 2006;79:9-15 pubmed..001 microM. Overall, our findings demonstrate that gene members of the HSP70 family are responsive to environmentally important chemicals. ..
- Wang Y, Zhu S, Liu S, Jiang L, Chen L, Ren Y, et al. The vacuolar processing enzyme OsVPE1 is required for efficient glutelin processing in rice. Plant J. 2009;58:606-17 pubmed publisher..Further, OsVPE1 Cys269 is a key residue for maintaining the Asn-specific cleavage activity of OsVPE1. ..
- Bai Y, Xue Y, Gao H, Wang L, Ding T, Bai W, et al. Expression and purification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis ESAT-6 and MPT64 fusion protein and its immunoprophylactic potential in mouse model. Protein Expr Purif. 2008;59:189-96 pubmed publisher..In short, the ESAT-6-MPT64 fusion protein might be a potential candidate vaccine for tuberculosis. ..
- Li Y, Cao G, Chen H, Jia H, Xue R, Gong C. Expression of the hGM-CSF in the silk glands of germline of gene-targeted silkworm. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1427-31 pubmed publisher..26ng per gram fresh posterior silk gland. ..
- Chen Z, Brand N, Chen A, Chen S, Tong J, Wang Z, et al. Fusion between a novel Krüppel-like zinc finger gene and the retinoic acid receptor-alpha locus due to a variant t(11;17) translocation associated with acute promyelocytic leukaemia. EMBO J. 1993;12:1161-7 pubmed
- Shen Z, Wang G, Fan J, Li W, Liu Y. HLA DR B1*04, *07-restricted epitopes on Keratin 17 for autoreactive T cells in psoriasis. J Dermatol Sci. 2005;38:25-39 pubmed..Further studies based on these peptides would provide a more complete understanding of the immunological basis of psoriasis. ..
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Zhao C, Li A, Zhou Q, Li D. Cloning of a gene encoding thermostable glucoamylase from Chaetomium thermophilum and its expression in Pichia pastoris. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:2277-84 pubmed..Only a few genes have been cloned from the Chaetomium genus. This study attempted to clone, to sequence and to express a thermostable glucoamylase gene of C. thermophilum...
- Wang T, He G, Yang G, Fei Y, Zhang Z, Wang C, et al. Cloning, expression and evaluation of the efficacy of a recombinant Baylisascaris schroederi Bs-Ag3 antigen in mice. Vaccine. 2008;26:6919-24 pubmed publisher..schroederi L3 compared with either controls or mice vaccinated with FCA alone. Our data indicate recombinant Bs-Ag3 may be a potential target as a vaccine antigen for giant panda ascariasis...
- Wang J, Ming F, Han Y, Shen D. Flavonoid-3',5'-hydroxylase from Phalaenopsis: a novel member of cytochrome P450s, its cDNA cloning, endogenous expression and molecular modeling. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:327-34 pubmed..The substrate-binding site for dihydrokaempferol on PhF3'5'H protein was determined by molecular docking algorithm. A highly conserved HPPTPLSLPH sequence was predicted to contact the aromatic ring of dihydrokaempferol. ..
- Deane E, Woo N. Tissue distribution, effects of salinity acclimation, and ontogeny of aquaporin 3 in the marine teleost, silver sea bream (Sparus sarba). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2006;8:663-71 pubmed..In conclusion, this study has demonstrated that AQP3 expression is modulated in gill and spleen tissue of salinity acclimated sea bream and that it can be detected relatively early during larval development. ..
- Cheng L, Mu W, Jiang B. Thermostable L-arabinose isomerase from Bacillus stearothermophilus IAM 11001 for D-tagatose production: gene cloning, purification and characterisation. J Sci Food Agric. 2010;90:1327-33 pubmed publisher..The purified L-AI from B. stearothermophilus IAM 11001 was characterised and shown to be a good candidate for potential application in D-tagatose production. ..
- Lu F, Yang H, Wang X, Pu Q, Li Y, Zhao W, et al. [Cloning and expression of a novel gene restin and preparation of antisera against the recombinant restin]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;21:309-11 pubmed..Immunofluorescence analysis showed that restin distributed mainly in the nuclei of COS-7 cells. We successfully prepared the antisera against restin, which are useful for further investigation of biological functions of restin. ..
- Huang H, Li R, Sun Q, Wang J, Zhou P, Han H, et al. [LIM protein KyoT2 interacts with human tight junction protein ZO-2-i3]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2002;29:953-8 pubmed..Therefore we conformed KyoT2 interacted ZO-2-i3 in vitro. Furthermore it was identified in yeast that KyoT2 associated with ZO-2-i3 through its LIM2 domain. ..
- Deane E, Woo N. Molecular cloning of growth hormone from silver sea bream: effects of abiotic and biotic stress on transcriptional and translational expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:1077-82 pubmed..The results from the present study demonstrate how GH can be modulated during both abiotic and biotic stress in fish. ..
- Chen S, Zelent A, Tong J, Yu H, Wang Z, Derre J, et al. Rearrangements of the retinoic acid receptor alpha and promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger genes resulting from t(11;17)(q23;q21) in a patient with acute promyelocytic leukemia. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:2260-7 pubmed
- Tang W, Zhang S, Wang Q, Tan H, Zhao Z. The isocitrate dehydrogenase gene of oleaginous yeast Lipomyces starkeyi is linked to lipid accumulation. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:1062-9 pubmed publisher..Our data should be valuable for understanding the biology of oleaginous yeasts and for further strain engineering of L. starkeyi. ..
- Tang H, Araki K, Yamamura K. Cloning and expression analysis of a murine novel gene, Ayu17-449. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:413-9 pubmed..This gene is expressed highly in the brain, kidney, heart, lung, muscle and stomach. The expressed protein contains a Granin motif on its N-terminus, showing that this gene may be involved in hormone secretion. ..
- He J, Zhang Y, Duan H, Cao J, Zhang D. [In silico identification, molecular cloning and verification of a novel pig gene homologous to human BCL10 of innate immunity and its preliminary expression profiles in pigs]. Yi Chuan. 2008;30:747-54 pubmed..BCL10 was ex-pressed effectively in PK-15 cells. In summary, we cloned a novel swine BCL10 gene, and investigated its expression char-acters. This will be the fundament of the future research on its function. ..
- Mai W, Hu C. Molecular cloning, characterization, expression and antibacterial analysis of a lysozyme homologue from Fenneropenaeus merguiensis. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:1587-95 pubmed publisher..alginolyticus and V. parahemolyticus. In addition, the study of inhibition mechanism revealed that the antibacterial activity of lysozyme was a result of bactericidal effect. ..
- Tse D, Tse M, Chan C, Deng L, Zhang W, Lin H, et al. Seabream growth hormone receptor: molecular cloning and functional studies of the full-length cDNA, and tissue expression of two alternatively spliced forms. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1625:64-76 pubmed..The two forms of the receptor are differentially expressed among the different tissues of the fish. ..
- Liao H, Wong F, Phang T, Cheung M, Li W, Shao G, et al. GmPAP3, a novel purple acid phosphatase-like gene in soybean induced by NaCl stress but not phosphorus deficiency. Gene. 2003;318:103-11 pubmed
- Su J, Yang C, Zhu Z, Wang Y, Jang S, Liao L. Enhanced grass carp reovirus resistance of Mx-transgenic rare minnow (Gobiocypris rarus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:828-35 pubmed publisher..Rare minnow has Mx gene(s) of its own but introducing more Mx gene improves their resistance to GCRV. Mx-transgenic rare minnow might contribute to control the GCRV diseases...
- Chan K, Wong C, Lui V, Tam P, Sham M. Analysis of SOX10 mutations identified in Waardenburg-Hirschsprung patients: Differential effects on target gene regulation. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:573-85 pubmed
- Wang X, Xue L, Sun J, Zuo J. The Arabidopsis BE1 gene, encoding a putative glycoside hydrolase localized in plastids, plays crucial roles during embryogenesis and carbohydrate metabolism. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:273-88 pubmed publisher..The be1-3 phenotype can be partially rescued by glucose, fructose or sucrose, implying the involvement of BE1 in carbohydrate metabolism in plastids. ..
- Peng S, Zhu J, Li H, Tian W. Cloning and characterization of a novel cysteine protease gene (HbCP1) from Hevea brasiliensis. J Biosci. 2008;33:681-90 pubmed..The transcription of HbCP1 in latex was induced by ethylene and tapping.Cloning of the HbCP1 gene will enable us to further understand the molecular characterization of cysteine protease and its possible function in the rubber tree...
- Huo N, Lewis P. [Green fluorescent protein labeling of ylyA gene in Bacillus subtilis]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;48:829-33 pubmed..GFP labeled YlyA produced by BS363 cultured on the nutrient agar solid medium distributed around the cell periphery.This suggests it may play a role in membrane biology. ..
- Liu F, Li Q, Ye J, Zhang J, Zhang L, Li F, et al. [Cloning and prokaryotic expression of lipid storage droplet protein 5 gene]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:306-8 pubmed..The E.coli containing pEGX-LSDP5 could express a 40 kD protein after induction of IPTG. A confirmed LSDP5 gene is cloned and expressed in E.coli successfully, which lay the foundation for the related research of this gene. ..
- Li L, Shao Y, Li Q, Yang S, Chen F. Identification of Mga1, a G-protein alpha-subunit gene involved in regulating citrinin and pigment production in Monascus ruber M7. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;308:108-14 pubmed publisher..ruber M7...
- Huang H, Qi S, Qi F, Wu C, Yang G, Zheng C. NtKTI1, a Kunitz trypsin inhibitor with antifungal activity from Nicotiana tabacum, plays an important role in tobacco's defense response. FEBS J. 2010;277:4076-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies suggest that NtKTI1 may be a functional Kunitz trypsin inhibitor with antifungal activity against several important phytopathogens in the tobacco defense response. ..
- Cai M, Cheng A, Wang M, Zhao L, Zhu D, Luo Q, et al. His6-tagged UL35 protein of duck plague virus: expression, purification, and production of polyclonal antibody. Intervirology. 2009;52:141-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polyclonal antibody prepared here may serve as a valuable tool to study the functional involvement of VP26 in the DPV life cycle. ..
- Chang W, Su H, Li W, Zhang Z. Expression profiling of a novel calcium-dependent protein kinase gene, LeCPK2, from tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) under heat and pathogen-related hormones. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:2427-31 pubmed publisher..mRNA accumulation was enhanced at 30 min and reached a maximum at 3 h, followed by a decrease to the normal level. All the results suggest that LeCPK2 is a novel versatile isoform of tomato CDPKs...
- Zhai J, Dou Y, Zhang H, Mao L, Meng X, Luo X, et al. [Construction and sequencing of full-length cDNA of peste des petits ruminants virus]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2010;26:315-21 pubmed..Successful construction of full-length cDNA clone of PPRV Nigeria 75/1 strain lays the basis rescuing PPRV effectively and enables further research of PPRV at molecular level...
- Du J, Dou K, Peng S, Wang W, Wang Z, Xiao H, et al. [Down-regulated full-length novel gene GDDR and its effect on gastric cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2003;83:1166-8 pubmed..A novel full-length gene GDDR is obtained. GDDR likely is another gene of BRICHO family related to gastric cancer. ..
- Zhangsun D, Luo S, Wu Y, Zhu X, Hu Y, Xie L. Novel O-superfamily conotoxins identified by cDNA cloning from three vermivorous Conus species. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2006;68:256-65 pubmed..The elucidated cDNAs of these newly found vermivorous toxins would facilitate a better understanding for basic research and drug discovery. ..
- Wong M, Ge W, Woo N. Positive feedback of hepatic angiotensinogen expression in silver sea bream (Sparus sarba). Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;263:103-11 pubmed
- Zhang G, Qiao S, Li Q, Wang X, Duan Y, Wang L, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the porcine high-affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor (FcgammaRI). Immunogenetics. 2006;58:845-9 pubmed..Identification of porcine FcgammaRI will aid in the understanding of the molecular basis of the porcine immune system and further studies of the receptor function. ..
- Kotaka M, Kostin S, Ngai S, Chan K, Lau Y, Lee S, et al. Interaction of hCLIM1, an enigma family protein, with alpha-actinin 2. J Cell Biochem. 2000;78:558-65 pubmed..Taken together, our experimental results suggest that hCLIM1is a novel cytoskeletal protein and may act as an adapter that brings other proteins to the cytoskeleton. ..
- Ming J, Xie J, Xu P, Liu W, Ge X, Liu B, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of two HSP70 genes in the Wuchang bream (Megalobrama amblycephala Yih). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:407-18 pubmed publisher..The cloning and expression analysis of the two HSP70s provide theoretical basis to further study the mechanism of anti-adverseness and expression characteristics under stress conditions of Wuchang bream. ..
- Yan S, Zhang H, Xie Y, Sheng W, Xiang J, Ye Z, et al. Recombinant human interleukin-24 suppresses gastric carcinoma cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:85-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results indicate that rhIL-24 has potent suppressive effect on human SGC7901 gastric carcinoma cell line and warrant its further investigation for therapeutic application against gastric cancer. ..
- Lo A, Liew C, Ngai S, Tsui S, Fung K, Lee C, et al. Developmental regulation and cellular distribution of human cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (MDH1). J Cell Biochem. 2005;94:763-73 pubmed..These observations are compatible with the activation of glucose oxidation in relatively hypoxic environments of fetal and hypertrophied myocardium. ..
- Tian Z, Zhou B, Qian A, Xu H, Di S, Zhao Y, et al. [Cloning of silkworm 3-hydroxyisobutyrate dehydrogenase gene and its expression patterns analysis in simulated weightless environment]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2008;24:2041-8 pubmed..Gene showed much higher sensitivity compared to whole body in response to environment. This study is useful for the further research on the gravity biological mechanism of hibadh gene. ..
- Li Y, Li H, Li A, Li D. Cloning of a gene encoding thermostable cellobiohydrolase from the thermophilic fungus Chaetomium thermophilum and its expression in Pichia pastoris. J Appl Microbiol. 2009;106:1867-75 pubmed publisher..A new cellobiohydrolase (CBH) gene (cbh3) from Chaetomium thermophilum was cloned, sequenced and expressed in Pichia pastoris...
- Lau B, Wong A, Tsao G, So K, Yip H. Molecular cloning and characterization of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) telomerase catalytic subunit (telomerase reverse transcriptase, TERT). J Mol Neurosci. 2008;34:63-75 pubmed..The expression of telomerase activity and TERT in retina implies that telomerase has functions other than the elongation of telomere. These findings could provide new insights on telomerase function in the nervous system. ..
- Xu D, Tan Y, Huan X, Hu X, Wang X. Construction of a novel shuttle vector for use in Brevibacterium flavum, an industrial amino acid producer. J Microbiol Methods. 2010;80:86-92 pubmed publisher..The applicability of pDXW-8 was confirmed by the expression of the vhb gene in B. flavum. The vector pDXW-8 will be very useful for research on metabolic engineering in corynebacteria...
- Chen Z, Guidez F, Rousselot P, Agadir A, Chen S, Wang Z, et al. PLZF-RAR alpha fusion proteins generated from the variant t(11;17)(q23;q21) translocation in acute promyelocytic leukemia inhibit ligand-dependent transactivation of wild-type retinoic acid receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1178-82 pubmed..These abnormal transactivation properties observed in retinoic acid-sensitive myeloid cells strongly implicate the PLZF-RAR alpha fusion proteins in the molecular pathogenesis of APL. ..
- Guo J, Zhang H, Ding K, Dai X, Chen Y, Duan Y, et al. [Cloning and transcriptional profiling of PsNCS1 from Puccinia striiformis f. sp. tritici]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2010;50:962-8 pubmed..PsNCS1 might be involved in the process of urediospore formation and germ tube elongation. The present results may provide basic data for further analysis of the role of PsCNS1 in pathogenesis process and calcium signaling. ..
- Xu D, Tan Y, Shi F, Wang X. An improved shuttle vector constructed for metabolic engineering research in Corynebacterium glutamicum. Plasmid. 2010;64:85-91 pubmed publisher..glutamicum; high-level in the former but moderate-level in the latter. The pDXW-10 would be an ideal vector for research on metabolic engineering in C. glutamicum...
- Sun Q, Lu L, Yao Y, Zhao Y. [Comparison of the promoter activity of metabolism-related pabB and lpdA genes between Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains H37Rv and H37Ra]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2010;50:459-64 pubmed..05). The mutations in pabB and lpdA promoters affect its expression activity. The T-A mutation in lpdA promoter may be related to virulence attenuation of H37Ra. ..
- Tse M, Vong Q, Cheng C, Chan K. PCR-cloning and gene expression studies in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) insulin-like growth factor-II. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1575:63-74 pubmed..However, hepatic IGF-I mRNA levels were induced more than IGF-II by pGH, whereas ccIGF-II levels gave a higher response than IGF-I in the brain in response to GH induction...
- Wong C, Lee W. The proximal cis-acting elements Sp1, Sp3 and E2F regulate mouse mer gene transcription in Sertoli cells. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3789-800 pubmed..Taking all of these data together, the study has demonstrated that Sp1, Sp3, E2F and probably another unknown transcriptional factor play a critical role in regulating the proximal promoter activities of Mer. ..
- Hou Y, Hou W, Ren Z, Hao Y, Zhang T. cDNA cloning and overexpression of ribosomal protein S19 gene (RPS19) from the Giant Panda. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:41-7 pubmed publisher..coli, and the N-terminally GST-tagged protein was a 42 kDa polypeptide, in good agreement with the predicted molecular weight. The protein obtained could be purified and its function studied. ..
- Zhang G, Chen Y, Shi Q, Ma H, Ge Y, Wang Q, et al. Human recombinant B7-H3 expressed in E. coli enhances T lymphocyte proliferation and IL-10 secretion in vitro. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2004;36:430-6 pubmed..The results showed that the GST/hB7-H3 protein produced in bacteria had modest biological activities to proliferate the T lymphocyte and enhance IFN-gamma as well as IL-10 secretion. ..
- Jia R, Cheng A, Wang M, Zhu D, Ge H, Xin H, et al. Cloning, expression, purification and characterization of UL24 partial protein of duck enteritis virus. Intervirology. 2009;52:326-34 pubmed publisher..On the basis of subcellular location, UL24 appeared to be predominantly nuclear membrane-associated, especially at later times in infection, and provided a good tool to further study the biofunctions of UL24 protein...
- Jia J, Mu W, Zhang T, Jiang B. Bioconversion of phenylpyruvate to phenyllactate: gene cloning, expression, and enzymatic characterization of D- and L1-lactate dehydrogenases from Lactobacillus plantarum SK002. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;162:242-51 pubmed publisher..0. L1-LDH exhibited a higher pH and temperature stability than D-LDH. The results show that the his-tagged L. plantarum SK002 D- and L1-LDHs are efficient catalysts for bioconversion of PPA to PLA. ..
- He G, Wang T, Yang G, Fei Y, Zhang Z, Wang C, et al. Sequence analysis of Bs-Ag2 gene from Baylisascaris schroederi of giant panda and evaluation of the efficacy of a recombinant Bs-Ag2 antigen in mice. Vaccine. 2009;27:3007-11 pubmed publisher..0001). Our data supported the use of Bs-Ag2 as a potential candidate for vaccination against B. schroederi infection...
- Zhu Y, Liu Z, Gao B. [Cloning, expression, purification and identification of Der f6 gene and its immunological characteristics from the dust house mite]. Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi. 2006;24:241-6 pubmed..To construct, purify and characterize a recombinant expression plasmid containing Der f6 gene of Dermatophagoides farinae...
- Tan F, Zhu J, Tang J, Tang X, Wang S, Zheng A, et al. Cloning and characterization of two novel crystal protein genes, cry54Aa1 and cry30Fa1, from Bacillus thuringiensis strain BtMC28. Curr Microbiol. 2009;58:654-9 pubmed publisher..Cry54Aa1 protein exhibited insecticidal activities against Laphygma exigua (Lepidoptera), Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera), and Aedes aegypti (Diptera) when its encoding gene was expressed in an Escherichia coli host strain. ..
- An J, Song Z, Dou K, Li K, Han H. [Expression and purification of rat betacellulin with biological activity]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;21:284-6 pubmed..Rat betacellulin gene is successfully cloned into the expression vector pET28a(+) and highly expressed in E.coli. Purified and refolded betacellulin protein can obviously stimulate the proliferation of NIH3T3 cells. ..
- Zhou F, Zhang W, Chen G, Zhao W, Cao X, Chen Y, et al. Serological identification and bioinformatics analysis of immunogenic antigens in multiple myeloma. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2006;55:910-7 pubmed..In summary, the antigens identified in this study may be potential candidates for diagnosis and targets for immunotherapy in MM. ..
- Chu D, Poon L, Guan Y, Peiris J. Novel astroviruses in insectivorous bats. J Virol. 2008;82:9107-14 pubmed publisher..These findings are likely to provide new insights into the ecology and evolution of astroviruses and reinforce the role of bats as a reservoir of viruses with potential to pose a zoonotic threat to human health...
- Deane E, Woo N. Cloning and characterization of sea bream Na+-K+-ATPase alpha and beta subunit genes: in vitro effects of hormones on transcriptional and translational expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:1229-38 pubmed..This study is the first to describe how both Na+-K+-ATPase alpha and beta subunits are modulated at transcriptional and translational levels in fish osmoregulatory tissue upon exposure to hormones. ..
- Ouyang P, Sugrue S. Characterization of pinin, a novel protein associated with the desmosome-intermediate filament complex. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:1027-42 pubmed..Immunofluorescence staining revealed that the expressed pinin protein was assembled to the lateral boundaries of the cells in contact, which is consistent with the staining pattern of pinin in epithelial cells. ..
- Li A, Li D. Cloning, expression and characterization of the serine protease gene from Chaetomium thermophilum. J Appl Microbiol. 2009;106:369-80 pubmed publisher..This study is to clone, sequence, and express a thermostable protease gene from the thermophilic fungi Chaetomium thermophilum and to generate yeast strains expressing C. thermophilum protease suitable for industrial applications...
- Zheng C, Yang G, Wang D, Li H. [Identification and tissue-specific expression of a full length cDNA encoding ZIP protein in Arabidopsis]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:109-12 pubmed..Southern and Northern blot analysis indicated that AT103 was a single copy gene and the accumulation of mRNA was obviously different in leaves, stems and roots in Arabidopsis. ..
- Li W, Wang B, Wu J, Lu G, Hu Y, Zhang X, et al. The Magnaporthe oryzae avirulence gene AvrPiz-t encodes a predicted secreted protein that triggers the immunity in rice mediated by the blast resistance gene Piz-t. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:411-20 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found that AvrPiz-t can suppress the programmed cell death triggered by mouse BAX protein in Nicotiana benthamiana, identifying a mechanism by which AvrPiz-t may contribute virulence of M. oryzae...
- Chen S, Ge W, Buswell J. Biochemical and molecular characterization of a laccase from the edible straw mushroom, Volvariella volvacea. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:318-28 pubmed..Gene expression then declined to approximately 20-30% of peak levels throughout the subsequent stages of sporophore development. ..
- Zhou X, Jin Y, Chen R, Lu Q, Wu J, Wang W, et al. Purification, cloning and biological characterization of a novel disintegrin from Trimeresurus jerdonii venom. Toxicon. 2004;43:69-75 pubmed..In vivo, jerdonin inhibited the growth of subcutaneously inoculated B16 solid tumor in C57BL/6 mice and improved the survival time of the tumor-bearing mice...
- Jiang M, Chen Y, Wang Y, Loor J, Ye Y, Wen Y, et al. Yak (Bos grunniens) stomach lysozyme: molecular cloning, expression and its antibacterial activities. Anim Biotechnol. 2010;21:25-35 pubmed publisher..Recombinant yak lysozyme purified by Ni(2+)-column showed a molecular weight of 33.78 kDa and exhibited lytic activity against Staphylococcus aureus, providing evidence of its antibacterial activities. ..
- Luo S, Zhangsun D, Feng J, Wu Y, Zhu X, Hu Y. Diversity of the O-superfamily conotoxins from Conus miles. J Pept Sci. 2007;13:44-53 pubmed..The elucidated cDNAs of the five toxins are new and of importance and should attract the interest of researchers in the field, which would pave the way for a better understanding of the relationship of their structure and function. ..
- Shi L, Zhang S, Li K, Hong Y, Wang Q, Li Y, et al. NS5ATP9, a gene up-regulated by HCV NS5A protein. Cancer Lett. 2008;259:192-7 pubmed..NS5ATP9 is a NS5A up-regulation gene which may play a role in the pathogenesis of HCV-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Yang T, Jiang Y, Chen J. The identification and subcellular localization of human MRK. Biomol Eng. 2002;19:1-4 pubmed..The full-length hMRK protein was fused to C-terminal of GFP and expressed in Hela cells. The fluorescence microscopy results identified its nuclear localization. ..
- Li S, Yang W, Lun Z, Ma L, Xi S, Chen Q, et al. Immunization with recombinant actin from Trypanosoma evansi induces protective immunity against T. evansi, T. equiperdum and T. b. brucei infection. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:429-35 pubmed publisher..evansi, T. equiperdum, and T. b. brucei infection and may be useful in the development of a vaccine with other cytoskeletal proteins to prevent animal trypanosomiasis caused by these three trypanosome species...
- Xia Y, Wen W, Huang W, Huang B. Development of a phage displayed disulfide-stabilized Fv fragment vaccine against Vibrio anguillarum. Vaccine. 2005;23:3174-80 pubmed..Thus, this phage-displayed dsFv may be used as vaccine against V. anguillarum in fishery. ..
- Wang A, Su Y, Cheng T, Zou Z, Wang J. [Soluble expression and purification of human alpha-defensin-5 in Escherichia coli]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2008;24:291-6 pubmed..5 microg/mL rmHD-5 in the media. These results indicate that the strategy of soluble expression of fusion protein in E. coli can be a useful and practical way to produce bioactive defensins. ..
- Liu L, Yu X, Li T, Song L, Chen P, Suo T, et al. A novel protein tyrosine kinase NOK that shares homology with platelet- derived growth factor/fibroblast growth factor receptors induces tumorigenesis and metastasis in nude mice. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3491-9 pubmed..Thus, our results both in vitro and in vivo suggest that NOK is a novel oncogene with the capacity of promoting cell transformation, tumorigenesis, and metastasis. ..
- Deane E, Woo N. Cloning and characterization of the hsp70 multigene family from silver sea bream: Modulated gene expression between warm and cold temperature acclimation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:776-83 pubmed..The results from this study demonstrate how temperature acclimation, in fish, can affect the regulation of the hsp70 multigene family and hormonal factors that are associated with anabolism. ..