Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular chaperones in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: molecular chaperones
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- Lander N, Ulrich P, Docampo R. Trypanosoma brucei vacuolar transporter chaperone 4 (TbVtc4) is an acidocalcisome polyphosphate kinase required for in vivo infection. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:34205-16 pubmed publisher..The mutant also exhibited a defect in volume recovery under osmotic stress conditions in vitro, underscoring the relevance of polyP in osmoregulation. ..
- Walker J, Tsivkovskii R, Lutsenko S. Metallochaperone Atox1 transfers copper to the NH2-terminal domain of the Wilson's disease protein and regulates its catalytic activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27953-9 pubmed..We suggest that this incomplete reversibility reflects the functional non-equivalency of the metal-binding sites in WNDP and speculate about the intracellular consequences of the reversible Atox1-mediated copper transfer. ..
- Park S, Gakh O, O Neill H, Mangravita A, Nichol H, Ferreira G, et al. Yeast frataxin sequentially chaperones and stores iron by coupling protein assembly with iron oxidation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31340-51 pubmed..Iron oxidation-driven stepwise assembly is a novel mechanism by which yeast frataxin can function as an iron chaperone or an iron store. ..
- Prohaska J, Geissler J, Brokate B, Broderius M. Copper, zinc-superoxide dismutase protein but not mRNA is lower in copper-deficient mice and mice lacking the copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003;228:959-66 pubmed..These results in mice are comparable with rats and suggest a posttranscriptional mechanism for reduction of SOD1 protein when Cu is limiting in SOD1. ..
- Molmeret M, Zink S, Han L, Abu Zant A, Asari R, Bitar D, et al. Activation of caspase-3 by the Dot/Icm virulence system is essential for arrested biogenesis of the Legionella-containing phagosome. Cell Microbiol. 2004;6:33-48 pubmed..pneumophila is essential for halting biogenesis of the LCP through the endosomal/lysosomal pathway, and that this is associated with the cleavage of Rabpatin-5. ..
- Pocernich C, Poon H, Boyd Kimball D, Lynn B, Nath A, Klein J, et al. Proteomic analysis of oxidatively modified proteins induced by the mitochondrial toxin 3-nitropropionic acid in human astrocytes expressing the HIV protein tat. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;133:299-306 pubmed..These results are discussed with reference to potential involvement of these proteins in HIV dementia and protection of astrocytes against oxidative stress by the HIV virus, a prerequisite for survival of a viral host cell. ..
- Naik S, Haque I, Degner N, Kornilayev B, Bomhoff G, Hodges J, et al. Identifying protein stabilizing ligands using GroEL. Biopolymers. 2010;93:237-51 pubmed publisher..This development will provide a highly desirable tool for the pharmaceutical, academic, and medical professions. ..
- Lampi K, Kim Y, Bachinger H, Boswell B, Lindner R, Carver J, et al. Decreased heat stability and increased chaperone requirement of modified human betaB1-crystallins. Mol Vis. 2002;8:359-66 pubmed..Deamidation and truncation of betaB1 led to destabilization of the protein and decreased stability to heat. Decreased stability of lens crystallins may contribute to their insolubilization and cataract formation. ..
- Quigley P, Korotkov K, Baneyx F, Hol W. A new native EcHsp31 structure suggests a key role of structural flexibility for chaperone function. Protein Sci. 2004;13:269-77 pubmed..The proposed mode of action of flexible loops in the functioning of Hsp31 may be a general principle employed by other chaperones. ..
- Criswell T, Beman M, Araki S, Leskov K, Cataldo E, Mayo L, et al. Delayed activation of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor/Src/MAPK/Egr-1 signaling regulates clusterin expression, a pro-survival factor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14212-21 pubmed..Thus, ionizing radiation exposure causes stress-induced activation of IGF-1R-Src-Mek-Erk-Egr-1 signaling that regulates the sCLU pro-survival cascade pathway, important for radiation resistance in cancer therapy. ..
- Fortun J, Verrier J, Go J, Madorsky I, Dunn W, Notterpek L. The formation of peripheral myelin protein 22 aggregates is hindered by the enhancement of autophagy and expression of cytoplasmic chaperones. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;25:252-65 pubmed..The beneficial effects of autophagy and chaperones in preventing the accumulation of misfolded PMP22 are additive and provide a potential avenue for therapeutic approaches in hereditary neuropathies linked to PMP22 mutations. ..
- Stork J, Kovalev N, Sasvari Z, Nagy P. RNA chaperone activity of the tombusviral p33 replication protein facilitates initiation of RNA synthesis by the viral RdRp in vitro. Virology. 2011;409:338-47 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the TBSV RNA chaperone might perform similar biological functions to the helicases of other RNA viruses with much larger coding capacity...
- Zhang T, Kedzierska Mieszkowska S, Liu H, Cheng C, Ganta R, Zolkiewski M. Aggregate-reactivation activity of the molecular chaperone ClpB from Ehrlichia chaffeensis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62454 pubmed publisher..This study sets the stage for assessing the importance of the chaperone activity of ClpB for E. chaffeensis growth within the mammalian and tick hosts...
- Ursic D, Sedbrook J, Himmel K, Culbertson M. The essential yeast Tcp1 protein affects actin and microtubules. Mol Biol Cell. 1994;5:1065-80 pubmed..Based on our results, we propose that Tcp1p is required for normal development and function of actin and microtubules either through direct or indirect interaction with the major cytoskeletal components. ..
- Bennett M, van Leeuwen J, Kearse K. Calnexin association is not sufficient to protect T cell receptor alpha proteins from rapid degradation in CD4+CD8+ thymocytes. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23674-80 pubmed
- West A, Lockhart P, O Farell C, Farrer M. Identification of a novel gene linked to parkin via a bi-directional promoter. J Mol Biol. 2003;326:11-9 pubmed..Although PACRG protein lacks known functional domains, in silico prediction suggests a potential link to the ubiquitin/proteasome system. ..
- Koh Y, Rehfeld K, Ganetzky B. A Drosophila model of early onset torsion dystonia suggests impairment in TGF-beta signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:2019-30 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that a defect in TGF-beta signaling might also underlie early onset torsion dystonia in humans. ..
- Lu B, Garrido N, Spelbrink J, Suzuki C. Tid1 isoforms are mitochondrial DnaJ-like chaperones with unique carboxyl termini that determine cytosolic fate. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13150-8 pubmed..We propose that the association of Tid1 with chaperones and/or protein substrates in the cytosol provides a mechanism for the alternate fates and functions of Tid1 in mitochondrial and nonmitochondrial pathways. ..
- Rodnin M, Posokhov Y, Contino Pépin C, Brettmann J, Kyrychenko A, Palchevskyy S, et al. Interactions of fluorinated surfactants with diphtheria toxin T-domain: testing new media for studies of membrane proteins. Biophys J. 2008;94:4348-57 pubmed publisher..We discuss the advantages of fluorinated surfactants over other types of solubilizing agents, with a specific emphasis on their possible applications in thermodynamic measurements. ..
- Parish D, Benach J, Liu G, Singarapu K, Xiao R, Acton T, et al. Protein chaperones Q8ZP25_SALTY from Salmonella typhimurium and HYAE_ECOLI from Escherichia coli exhibit thioredoxin-like structures despite lack of canonical thioredoxin active site sequence motif. J Struct Funct Genomics. 2008;9:41-9 pubmed publisher..The structures presented here exhibit the expected thioredoxin-like fold and support the view that members of Pfam family PF07449 specifically interact with Tat signal peptides. ..
- Hilario E, Martin F, Bertolini M, Fan L. Crystal structures of Xanthomonas small heat shock protein provide a structural basis for an active molecular chaperone oligomer. J Mol Biol. 2011;408:74-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our results unravel the structural basis of an active sHsp oligomer. ..
- Ngansop F, Li H, Zolkiewska A, Zolkiewski M. Biochemical characterization of the apicoplast-targeted AAA+ ATPase ClpB from Plasmodium falciparum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:191-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the chaperone activity of PfClpB1 may support survival of Plasmodium falciparum by maintaining the folding status and activity of apicoplast proteins. ..
- Grabowicz M, Koren D, Silhavy T. The CpxQ sRNA Negatively Regulates Skp To Prevent Mistargeting of ?-Barrel Outer Membrane Proteins into the Cytoplasmic Membrane. MBio. 2016;7:e00312-16 pubmed publisher..The Cpx response downregulates ?(E) Our findings reveal that this heretofore puzzling hierarchy exists to protect the inner membrane. ..
- Gattone V, Lowden D, Cowley B. Epidermal growth factor ameliorates autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease in mice. Dev Biol. 1995;169:504-10 pubmed
- Zolkiewski M. ClpB cooperates with DnaK, DnaJ, and GrpE in suppressing protein aggregation. A novel multi-chaperone system from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28083-6 pubmed..coli, which is analogous to the Hsp104/Ssa1/Ydj1 system from yeast. ClpB is the only known bacterial Hsp100 protein capable of cooperating with other heat-shock proteins in suppressing and reversing protein aggregation. ..
- Goicoechea S, Pallero M, Eggleton P, Michalak M, Murphy Ullrich J. The anti-adhesive activity of thrombospondin is mediated by the N-terminal domain of cell surface calreticulin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37219-28 pubmed
- Randall L, Hardy S. SecB, one small chaperone in the complex milieu of the cell. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2002;59:1617-23 pubmed..We discuss the interactions of SecB with its many binding partners in light of its recently determined structure, emphasizing both kinetic and thermodynamic parameters. ..
- Conway de Macario E, Macario A. Molecular biology of stress genes in methanogens: potential for bioreactor technology. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2003;81:95-150 pubmed..This promising biotechnological development will soon become a reality due to the advances in the study of the stress response and anti-stress mechanisms at the molecular and genetic levels...
- D Silva P, Schilke B, Walter W, Andrew A, Craig E. J protein cochaperone of the mitochondrial inner membrane required for protein import into the mitochondrial matrix. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13839-44 pubmed..We propose that Pam18 is the J protein partner for Ssc1 at the import channel and is critical for Ssc1's function in protein import. ..
- Huang P, Gautschi M, Walter W, Rospert S, Craig E. The Hsp70 Ssz1 modulates the function of the ribosome-associated J-protein Zuo1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:497-504 pubmed
- Biswas A, Miller A, Oya Ito T, Santhoshkumar P, Bhat M, Nagaraj R. Effect of site-directed mutagenesis of methylglyoxal-modifiable arginine residues on the structure and chaperone function of human alphaA-crystallin. Biochemistry. 2006;45:4569-77 pubmed
- Liu B, Li Z. Endoplasmic reticulum HSP90b1 (gp96, grp94) optimizes B-cell function via chaperoning integrin and TLR but not immunoglobulin. Blood. 2008;112:1223-30 pubmed publisher..This study also has important implications in resolving the controversial roles of TLR in B-cell biology. ..
- Schiller D. Pam17 and Tim44 act sequentially in protein import into the mitochondrial matrix. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:2343-9 pubmed publisher..Pam17 is involved in an early stage of protein translocation whereas Tim44 assists in a later step of transport, suggesting that both proteins can cooperate in a complementary manner in protein import. ..
- Priyadarshi A, Tang L. Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the type III secretion translocator chaperone SicA from Salmonella enterica. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:1533-5 pubmed publisher..52 Å(3) Da(-1) and a solvent content of 51.1%. This suggests an oligomerization state that differs from those of previously reported type III secretion chaperones. ..
- Kluge A, Dabir S, Vlassenbroeck I, Eisenberg R, Dowlati A. Protein inhibitor of activated STAT3 expression in lung cancer. Mol Oncol. 2011;5:256-64 pubmed publisher..PIAS3 is a potential therapeutic molecule to target STAT3 pathway in lung cancer. ..
- Entzminger K, Chang C, Myhre R, McCallum K, Maynard J. The Skp chaperone helps fold soluble proteins in vitro by inhibiting aggregation. Biochemistry. 2012;51:4822-34 pubmed publisher..Improved understanding of the bacterial periplasmic protein folding machinery may assist in high-level recombinant protein expression and may help identify novel approaches to block bacterial virulence. ..
- Fu Y, Bruce K, Wu H, Giedroc D. The S2 Cu(i) site in CupA from Streptococcus pneumoniae is required for cellular copper resistance. Metallomics. 2016;8:61-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CupA and CopA may interact and filling of the CupA S2 site with Cu(i) results in stimulation of cellular copper efflux by CopA. ..
- Chen F, Haigh S, Yu Y, Benson T, Wang Y, Li X, et al. Nox5 stability and superoxide production is regulated by C-terminal binding of Hsp90 and CO-chaperones. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;89:793-805 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results show that the C-terminal region of Nox5 binds to the M domain of Hsp90 and that the binding of Hsp90 and select co-chaperones facilitate oligomerization and the efficient production of superoxide. ..
- Zzaman S, Reddy J, Bastia D. The DnaK-DnaJ-GrpE chaperone system activates inert wild type pi initiator protein of R6K into a form active in replication initiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50886-94 pubmed
- Yang Y, Liu B, Dai J, Srivastava P, Zammit D, Lefrancois L, et al. Heat shock protein gp96 is a master chaperone for toll-like receptors and is important in the innate function of macrophages. Immunity. 2007;26:215-26 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that gp96 is the master chaperone for TLRs and that macrophages, but not other myeloid cells, are the dominant source of proinflammatory cytokines during endotoxemia and Listeria infections. ..
- Dabir S, Kluge A, Aziz M, Houghton J, Dowlati A. Identification of STAT3-independent regulatory effects for protein inhibitor of activated STAT3 by binding to novel transcription factors. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;12:139-51 pubmed..A model is proposed by which PIAS3 effects EGR1 regulated pathways. ..
- Yan W, Schilke B, Pfund C, Walter W, Kim S, Craig E. Zuotin, a ribosome-associated DnaJ molecular chaperone. EMBO J. 1998;17:4809-17 pubmed..We propose that Zuo1 binds to ribosomes, in part, by interaction with ribosomal RNA and that Zuo1 functions with Ssb as a chaperone on the ribosome. ..
- Halleck M, Schlegel R, Williamson P. Reanalysis of ATP11B, a type IV P-type ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9736-40 pubmed publisher..The ATP11B gene thus may not encode a protein with a function radically different from that of other P-type ATPase transporters...
- Janovick J, Goulet M, Bush E, Greer J, Wettlaufer D, Conn P. Structure-activity relations of successful pharmacologic chaperones for rescue of naturally occurring and manufactured mutants of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;305:608-14 pubmed..The ability to rescue a particular receptor was a reasonable predictor of the ability to rescue others, even across species lines, although particular mutants could not be rescued by any of the drugs tested. ..
- Stribinskis V, Ramos K. Rpm2p, a protein subunit of mitochondrial RNase P, physically and genetically interacts with cytoplasmic processing bodies. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:1301-11 pubmed..The results presented here, and the transcriptional activation function demonstrated earlier, implicate Rpm2p as a coordinator of transcription and mRNA storage/decay in P bodies...
- Ren M, Santhanam A, Lee P, Caplan A, Garrett S. Alteration of the protein kinase binding domain enhances function of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae molecular chaperone Cdc37. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:1363-72 pubmed
- Wu Y, Fabritius M, Ip C. Chemotherapeutic sensitization by endoplasmic reticulum stress: increasing the efficacy of taxane against prostate cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:146-52 pubmed..Both the intrinsic and extrinsic apoptotic pathways were involved in the sensitization mechanism. Our study supports the idea that marshalling ER stress apoptotic response is conducive to chemotherapeutic sensitization. ..
- Dabir S, Kluge A, Dowlati A. The association and nuclear translocation of the PIAS3-STAT3 complex is ligand and time dependent. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1854-60 pubmed publisher..In wild-type STAT3 cells, increasing concentrations of PIAS3 resulted in a proportional decrease in STAT3 phosphorylation. These data suggest an important role for the negative regulatory effect of PIAS3 on STAT3 in EGF-driven tumors. ..
- Yokoi F, Dang M, Li J, Standaert D, Li Y. Motor deficits and decreased striatal dopamine receptor 2 binding activity in the striatum-specific Dyt1 conditional knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24539 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the loss of striatal torsinA alone is sufficient to produce motor deficits, and that this effect may be mediated, at least in part, through changes in D2R function in the basal ganglia circuit. ..
- Basu S, Srivastava P. Calreticulin, a peptide-binding chaperone of the endoplasmic reticulum, elicits tumor- and peptide-specific immunity. J Exp Med. 1999;189:797-802 pubmed..These characteristics of CRT closely resemble those of HSPs gp96, hsp90, and hsp70, although CRT has no apparent structural homologies to them. ..
- Ricker J, Gattone V, Calvet J, Rankin C. Development of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease in BALB/c-cpk/cpk mice. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:1837-47 pubmed..Renal mRNA expression of EGF is diminished in this mouse model. EGF treatment did not prevent renal failure but ameliorated pathologic changes in the kidney and the biliary ducts of the BALB/c-cpk/cpk mouse...
- Anderson E, Molloy S, Jean F, Fei H, Shimamura S, Thomas G. The ordered and compartment-specfific autoproteolytic removal of the furin intramolecular chaperone is required for enzyme activation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12879-90 pubmed
- Kriscenski Perry E, Applegate C, Serour A, Mhyre T, Leonardo C, Pearce D. Altered flurothyl seizure induction latency, phenotype, and subsequent mortality in a mouse model of juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis/batten disease. Epilepsia. 2002;43:1137-40 pubmed..This may be important in understanding seizures, neurodegeneration, and premature death in human Batten disease. ..
- Yokoi F, Dang M, Li Y. Improved motor performance in Dyt1 ?GAG heterozygous knock-in mice by cerebellar Purkinje-cell specific Dyt1 conditional knocking-out. Behav Brain Res. 2012;230:389-98 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that molecular lesions of torsinA in Purkinje cells by gene therapy or intervening in the signaling pathway downstream of the cerebellar Purkinje cells may rescue motor symptoms in dystonia 1. ..
- Patel King R, King S. A prefoldin-associated WD-repeat protein (WDR92) is required for the correct architectural assembly of motile cilia. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1204-9 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that WDR92 is part of a previously unrecognized cytoplasmic chaperone system that is specifically required to fold key components necessary to build motile ciliary axonemes. ..
- Fetherolf M, Boyd S, Taylor A, Kim H, Wohlschlegel J, Blackburn N, et al. Copper-zinc superoxide dismutase is activated through a sulfenic acid intermediate at a copper ion entry site. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12025-12040 pubmed publisher..Sod1 is the predominant disulfide bond-requiring enzyme in the cytoplasm, and this copper-induced mechanism of disulfide bond formation obviates the need for a thiol/disulfide oxidoreductase in that compartment. ..
- Yabuta Y, Takagi H, Inouye M, Shinde U. Folding pathway mediated by an intramolecular chaperone: propeptide release modulates activation precision of pro-subtilisin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44427-34 pubmed
- Liu Q, D Silva P, Walter W, Marszalek J, Craig E. Regulated cycling of mitochondrial Hsp70 at the protein import channel. Science. 2003;300:139-41 pubmed..Consistent with the ratchet model of translocation, subsequent hydrolysis of ATP would trap the polypeptide, driving import by preventing its movement back toward the cytosol. ..
- Shao J, Prince T, Hartson S, Matts R. Phosphorylation of serine 13 is required for the proper function of the Hsp90 co-chaperone, Cdc37. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38117-20 pubmed..Thus, the data indicate that phosphorylation of Cdc37 on Ser13 is critical for its ability to coordinate Hsp90 nucleotide-mediated conformational switching and kinase binding. ..
- Wang X, Arnouk H, Chen X, Kazim L, Repasky E, Subjeck J. Extracellular targeting of endoplasmic reticulum chaperone glucose-regulated protein 170 enhances tumor immunity to a poorly immunogenic melanoma. J Immunol. 2006;177:1543-51 pubmed
- Park S, Rancour D, Bednarek S. Protein domain-domain interactions and requirements for the negative regulation of Arabidopsis CDC48/p97 by the plant ubiquitin regulatory X (UBX) domain-containing protein, PUX1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5217-24 pubmed..Together these results provide new mechanistic insight into how the hexameric status and ATPase activity of AtCDC48 are modulated. ..
- Johnson J, Toft D. Binding of p23 and hsp90 during assembly with the progesterone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:670-8 pubmed..A model is presented to relate these findings to previous models and another complex between hsp90, hsp70, and p60 that appears to be an intermediate in PR assembly. ..
- Thomas J, Baneyx F. Roles of the Escherichia coli small heat shock proteins IbpA and IbpB in thermal stress management: comparison with ClpA, ClpB, and HtpG In vivo. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:5165-72 pubmed..Our data also suggest that ClpB, HtpG, and IbpA and -B cooperate with the major E. coli chaperone systems in vivo. ..
- Wyse B, Ali N, Ellison D. Interaction with grp58 increases activity of the thiazide-sensitive Na-Cl cotransporter. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F424-30 pubmed..Western blot analysis did not show any effect of grp58 expression on processing of the NCC. These data indicate a novel, functionally important interaction between grp58 and the NCC in rat kidney cortex. ..
- Hundley H, Eisenman H, Walter W, Evans T, Hotokezaka Y, Wiedmann M, et al. The in vivo function of the ribosome-associated Hsp70, Ssz1, does not require its putative peptide-binding domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4203-8 pubmed
- Sims R, Weihe E, Zhu L, O MALLEY S, Harriss J, Gottlieb P. m-Bop, a repressor protein essential for cardiogenesis, interacts with skNAC, a heart- and muscle-specific transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26524-9 pubmed..Similar kinetics of induction and localization of m-Bop and skNAC during the induction of myogenesis in cultured C2C12 cells suggests a possible associated role for these proteins during this process. ..
- Angeletti P, Walker D, Panganiban A. Small glutamine-rich protein/viral protein U-binding protein is a novel cochaperone that affects heat shock protein 70 activity. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2002;7:258-68 pubmed..Together, these results are consistent with a regulatory role for SGT/UBP in the chaperone complex. ..
- Lutsenko S, LeShane E, Shinde U. Biochemical basis of regulation of human copper-transporting ATPases. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;463:134-48 pubmed..We also describe sequence motifs unique for each Cu-ATPase and speculate about their role in regulating ATP7A and ATP7B activity and trafficking. ..
- Haberzettl P, Vladykovskaya E, Srivastava S, Bhatnagar A. Role of endoplasmic reticulum stress in acrolein-induced endothelial activation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;234:14-24 pubmed publisher..Chemical chaperones of protein-folding may be useful in treating toxicological and pathological states associated with excessive acrolein exposure or production. ..
- Sahi C, Lee T, Inada M, Pleiss J, Craig E. Cwc23, an essential J protein critical for pre-mRNA splicing with a dispensable J domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:33-42 pubmed publisher..Cwc23 provides a unique example of a J protein; its partnership with Hsp70 plays an auxiliary, rather than a central, role in its essential cellular function. ..
- Page R, Xu Z, Amick J, Nix J, Misra S. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the Bag2 amino-terminal domain from Mus musculus. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2012;68:647-51 pubmed publisher..Initial phasing and model building using the 3.10 Å resolution SeMet Bag2-NTD data set suggested that Bag2-NTD forms a dimer and adopts a fold distinct from those of any domains annotated in the Pfam or SMART domain databases. ..
- Idippily N, Zheng Q, Gan C, Quamine A, Ashcraft M, Zhong B, et al. Copalic acid analogs down-regulate androgen receptor and inhibit small chaperone protein. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2292-2295 pubmed publisher..The compounds also dose-dependently inhibited AR positive prostate cancer cell growth. Furthermore, they inhibited the chaperone activity of ?-crystallin as well. ..
- Ku C, Hull S, Arno G, Vincent A, Carss K, Kayton R, et al. Detailed Clinical Phenotype and Molecular Genetic Findings in CLN3-Associated Isolated Retinal Degeneration. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:749-760 pubmed publisher..The age at onset and natural progression of retinal disease differs greatly between syndromic and nonsyndromic CLN3 disease, which may be associated with genotypic differences. ..
- O Farrell C, Hernandez D, Evey C, Singleton A, Cookson M. Normal localization of deltaF323-Y328 mutant torsinA in transfected human cells. Neurosci Lett. 2002;327:75-8 pubmed..This data suggests that the formation of intracellular inclusions is specific to deltaE302/303 and not a property shared by deltaF323-Y328. ..
- DiGiuseppe P, Silhavy T. Signal detection and target gene induction by the CpxRA two-component system. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:2432-40 pubmed..Finally, we show that two Cpx-regulated genes are differentially upregulated in response to different envelope stresses, suggesting the existence of three stress-responsive systems. ..
- Prince T, Sun L, Matts R. Cdk2: a genuine protein kinase client of Hsp90 and Cdc37. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15287-95 pubmed
- Rosenbaum E, Hardie R, Colley N. Calnexin is essential for rhodopsin maturation, Ca2+ regulation, and photoreceptor cell survival. Neuron. 2006;49:229-41 pubmed..Our results illustrate a critical role for calnexin in Rh1 maturation and Ca2+ regulation and provide genetic evidence that defects in calnexin lead to retinal degeneration. ..
- Aslanukov A, Bhowmick R, Guruju M, Oswald J, Raz D, Bush R, et al. RanBP2 modulates Cox11 and hexokinase I activities and haploinsufficiency of RanBP2 causes deficits in glucose metabolism. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e177 pubmed..Hence, RanBP2 and its partners emerge as critical modulators of neuronal HKI, glucose catabolism, energy homeostasis, and targets for metabolic, aging disorders and allied neuropathies. ..
- Sahi C, Craig E. Network of general and specialty J protein chaperones of the yeast cytosol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7163-8 pubmed..However, a subset of Hsp70 functions requires specific J protein partners, likely demanding either sublocalization within the compartment or binding to specific client proteins. ..
- Lee W, Choi K, Riddell J, Ip C, Ghosh D, Park J, et al. Human peroxiredoxin 1 and 2 are not duplicate proteins: the unique presence of CYS83 in Prx1 underscores the structural and functional differences between Prx1 and Prx2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22011-22 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that human Prx1 and Prx2 possess unique functions and regulatory mechanisms and that Cys(83) bestows a distinctive identity to Prx1. ..
- Dollins D, Warren J, Immormino R, Gewirth D. Structures of GRP94-nucleotide complexes reveal mechanistic differences between the hsp90 chaperones. Mol Cell. 2007;28:41-56 pubmed..Our observations provide a structural explanation for GRP94's observed rate of ATP hydrolysis and suggest a model for the role of ATP binding and hydrolysis in the GRP94 chaperone cycle. ..
- Neilson D, Adams M, Orr C, Schelling D, Eiben R, Kerr D, et al. Infection-triggered familial or recurrent cases of acute necrotizing encephalopathy caused by mutations in a component of the nuclear pore, RANBP2. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;84:44-51 pubmed publisher..None of the three RANBP2 missense mutations were found in 19 patients with isolated ANE or in unaffected controls. We conclude that missense mutations in RANBP2 are susceptibility alleles for familial and recurrent cases of ANE. ..
- Sastry M, Zhou W, Baneyx F. Integrity of N- and C-termini is important for E. coli Hsp31 chaperone activity. Protein Sci. 2009;18:1439-47 pubmed publisher..The structural and functional sensitivity of Hsp31 to lengthening is consistent with the high degree of conservation of class I Hsp31 orthologs and will serve as a cautionary tale on the implications of affinity tagging. ..
- Morales C, Wu S, Yang Y, Hao B, Li Z. Drosophila glycoprotein 93 Is an ortholog of mammalian heat shock protein gp96 (grp94, HSP90b1, HSPC4) and retains disulfide bond-independent chaperone function for TLRs and integrins. J Immunol. 2009;183:5121-8 pubmed publisher..Further study of gp96 from an evolutionary angle shall be informative to uncover the detailed mechanism of its chaperone function of client proteins in the secretory pathway. ..
- Ryckman B, Chase M, Johnson D. Human cytomegalovirus TR strain glycoprotein O acts as a chaperone promoting gH/gL incorporation into virions but is not present in virions. J Virol. 2010;84:2597-609 pubmed publisher..Thus, our revised model suggests that both gH/gL and gH/gL/UL128-131 are required for entry into epithelial and endothelial cells. ..