Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondrial proteins in Mexico
Topic: mitochondrial proteins
- Cabrera Orefice A, Chiquete Felix N, Espinasa Jaramillo J, Rosas Lemus M, Guerrero Castillo S, Pena A, et al. The branched mitochondrial respiratory chain from Debaryomyces hansenii: components and supramolecular organization. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1837:73-84 pubmed publisher..Binding of the alternative enzymes to supercomplexes was not detected. This is the first report on the structure and organization of the mitochondrial respiratory chain from D. hansenii. ..
- De Silva D, Poliquin S, Zeng R, Zamudio Ochoa A, Marrero N, Perez Martinez X, et al. The DEAD-box helicase Mss116 plays distinct roles in mitochondrial ribogenesis and mRNA-specific translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6628-6643 pubmed publisher..Overall, we conclude that the different functions of Mss116 in the biogenesis and functioning of the mitochondrial translation machinery depend on Mss116 interplay with its protein cofactors. ..
- Peralta Castro A, Baruch Torres N, Brieba L. Plant organellar DNA primase-helicase synthesizes RNA primers for organellar DNA polymerases using a unique recognition sequence. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:10764-10774 pubmed publisher..This mechanism contrasts to lagging-strand DNA replication in metazoan mitochondria, in which transcripts synthesized by mitochondrial RNA polymerase prime mitochondrial DNA polymerase ?. ..
- Guerrero Castillo S, Vázquez Acevedo M, Gonzalez Halphen D, Uribe Carvajal S. In Yarrowia lipolytica mitochondria, the alternative NADH dehydrogenase interacts specifically with the cytochrome complexes of the classic respiratory pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1787:75-85 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first evidence of supercomplex formation in Y. lipolytica mitochondria and also, the first description of a specific association between an alternative NADH dehydrogenase and the classic cytochrome pathway. ..
- Mayorga J, Camacho Villasana Y, ShingÃº VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Villegas R, Zamudio Ochoa A, GarcÃa Guerrero A, et al. A Novel Function of Pet54 in Regulation of Cox1 Synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9343-55 pubmed publisher..Pet54 may play a role in Mss51 hemylation/conformational change necessary for translational activity. Moreover, Pet54 physically interacts with the COX1 mRNA, and this binding was independent of the presence of Mss51. ..