Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondrial proteins in China
Topic: mitochondrial proteins
- Chen G, Han Z, Feng D, Chen Y, Chen L, Wu H, et al. A regulatory signaling loop comprising the PGAM5 phosphatase and CK2 controls receptor-mediated mitophagy. Mol Cell. 2014;54:362-77 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a mechanistic signaling pathway linking mitochondria-damaging signals to the dephosphorylation of FUNDC1 by PGAM5, which ultimately induces mitophagy. ..
- Gao M, Wang J, Lu N, Fang F, Liu J, Wong C. Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinases promote mitochondrial biogenesis in part through inducing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator-1? expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:1239-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that mitogen-activated protein kinase kinases direct mitochondrial biogenesis through selectively inducing PGC-1? expression. ..
- Zhang X, Wang C, Song G, Gan K, Kong D, Nie Q, et al. Mitofusion-2-mediated alleviation of insulin resistance in rats through reduction in lipid intermediate accumulation in skeletal muscle. J Biomed Sci. 2013;20:45 pubmed publisher..These observations contribute to the investigations of new diabetes therapies. ..
- Zhang W, Chen Y, Yang Q, Che H, Chen X, Yao T, et al. Mitofusin-2 protects against cold stress-induced cell injury in HEK293 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:270-6 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for understanding the mechanisms of mitochondrial fusion and fission in cold-stress-induced cell injury. ..
- Ma S, Ma L, Yang D, Luo Z, Hao X, Liu D, et al. Uncoupling protein 2 ablation exacerbates high-salt intake-induced vascular dysfunction. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:822-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that UCP2 plays an important role in preventing salt-sensitive hypertension, which may be achieved by suppressing superoxide production and reserving NO bioavailability in blood vessels. ..
- Chen Y, Wei X, Yan P, Han Y, Sun S, Wu K, et al. Human mitochondrial Mrs2 protein promotes multidrug resistance in gastric cancer cells by regulating p27, cyclin D1 expression and cytochrome C release. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:607-14 pubmed..By enhanced hsaMrs2p expression, p27 was downregulated whereas cyclinD1 was upregulated. Our results provide new insights into the function of hsaMrs2p that may be a promising target for MDR reversal therapy. ..
- Zhang J, Tu K, Zhou Z, Zheng X, Gao J, Yao Y, et al. [Expression and clinicopathological significance of GRAMD4 in hepatocellular carcinoma]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;29:190-3 pubmed..05, respectively). The expression of GRAMD4 is up-regulated in HCC cell lines and HCC tissues, and the increased expression is correlated with the clinicopathological characteristics of HCC. ..
- Zhang J, Tang J, Cao B, Zhang Z, Li J, Schimmer A, et al. The natural pesticide dihydrorotenone induces human plasma cell apoptosis by triggering endoplasmic reticulum stress and activating p38 signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69911 pubmed publisher..Because plasma cells are very important in the immune system, this study provided a new insight in the safety evaluation of DHR application. ..
- Li C, Wang L, Zhang J, Huang M, Wong F, Liu X, et al. CERKL interacts with mitochondrial TRX2 and protects retinal cells from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:1121-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that CERKL interacts with TRX2 and plays a novel key role in the regulation of the TRX2 antioxidant pathway and, for the first time, provides an explanation of how mutations in CERKL may lead to retinal cell death. ..
- Gan X, Huang S, Wu L, Wang Y, Hu G, Li G, et al. Inhibition of ERK-DLP1 signaling and mitochondrial division alleviates mitochondrial dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease cybrid cell. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:220-31 pubmed publisher..The protective effect of mdivi-1 and inhibition of ERK signaling on maintenance of normal mitochondrial structure and function holds promise as a potential novel therapeutic strategy for AD. ..
- Zhang H, Chen P, Zeng H, Zhang Y, Peng H, Chen Y, et al. Protective effect of demethylation treatment on cigarette smoke extract-induced mouse emphysema model. J Pharmacol Sci. 2013;123:159-66 pubmed
- Shi F, Li Z, Sun M, Li Y. Role of mitochondrial NADH kinase and NADPH supply in the respiratory chain activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:989-95 pubmed publisher..These contributions were partly related to the ability of the cells to supply NADPH, especially in the mitochondria. ..
- Deng S, Yang Y, Han Y, Li X, Wang X, Li X, et al. UCP2 inhibits ROS-mediated apoptosis in A549 under hypoxic conditions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30714 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that over-expression of UCP2 has anti-apoptotic properties by inhibiting ROS-mediated apoptosis in A549 cells under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Koblansky A, Truax A, Liu R, Montgomery S, Ding S, Wilson J, et al. The Innate Immune Receptor NLRX1 Functions as a Tumor Suppressor by Reducing Colon Tumorigenesis and Key Tumor-Promoting Signals. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2562-75 pubmed publisher..These data implicate anti-IL6R as a potential personalized therapy for colon cancers with reduced NLRX1. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang Z, Gao H, Xue Z, Yang C, Meng X, et al. Mitochondrial alternative oxidase pathway protects plants against photoinhibition by alleviating inhibition of the repair of photodamaged PSII through preventing formation of reactive oxygen species in Rumex K-1 leaves. Physiol Plant. 2011;143:396-407 pubmed publisher..All these results suggest that the AOX pathway plays an important role in the protection of plants against photoinhibition by minimizing the inhibition of the repair of the photodamaged PSII through preventing the over-production of ROS...
- Song R, Xu W, Chen Y, Li Z, Zeng Y, Fu Y. The expression of Sirtuins 1 and 4 in peripheral blood leukocytes from patients with type 2 diabetes. Eur J Histochem. 2011;55:e10 pubmed publisher..05). SIRTs 1 and 4 may have a role in the pathogenesis of T2DM and their expression in granulocytes and monocytes may indirectly reflect the homeostasis of glucose/lipid metabolism in T2DM. ..
- Liu J, Zhao H, Zhu M, Chen J, Zhu J. [Relationship between the expression of uncoupling protein 2 and the damage by oxygen free radicals in acute liver failure rats]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2011;19:55-7 pubmed publisher..952, -0.667, 0. 634 respectively, P value is less than 0.05 or 0.01). UCP2 is highly expressed in the livers of liver failure rats. A certain correlation perhaps existed between the expression of UCP2 mRNA and the serous SOD, MDA and ET. ..
- Gao M, Liu Q, Zhang F, Han Z, Gu T, Tian W, et al. Conserved expression of the PRELI domain containing 2 gene (Prelid2) during mid-later-gestation mouse embryogenesis. J Mol Histol. 2009;40:227-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the prelid2 gene is a widely-spread, persistently expressed and unmethylated gene in mouse embryonic development. Our results suggest that the PRELI domain containing 2 gene is involved in mouse embryonic development. ..
- Chen X, Wang Y, Li J, Jiang A, Cheng Y, Zhang W. Mitochondrial proteome during salt stress-induced programmed cell death in rice. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2009;47:407-15 pubmed publisher..Glycoside hydrolase may be involved in ETC impairment and ROS burst, and mitochondrial HSP70 is a potential candidate for PCD regulation. The possible roles of other proteins on PCD initiation were also discussed...
- Wang Y, Lam K, Lam J, Lam M, Leung P, Zhou M, et al. Overexpression of angiopoietin-like protein 4 alters mitochondria activities and modulates methionine metabolic cycle in the liver tissues of db/db diabetic mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:972-86 pubmed..In summary, our results suggest that ANGPTL4 might elicit its metabolic effects through modulating the mitochondria functions and methionine metabolic cycles in the liver tissue. ..
- Pu M, Wang J, Huang Q, Zhao G, Xia C, Shang R, et al. High MRPS23 expression contributes to hepatocellular carcinoma proliferation and indicates poor survival outcomes. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317709127 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mitochondrial ribosomal protein S23 may be a potential therapeutic target for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Wu S, Yuan W, Shen Y, Lu X, Li Y, Tian T, et al. The miR-608 rs4919510 polymorphism may modify cancer susceptibility based on type. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703819 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SEMA4G may function as an oncogene or tumour suppressor to regulate tumour development in a type-specific manner. Further studies with experimental evaluations are warranted. ..
- Wang B, Wang Z, de Avila J, Zhu M, Zhang F, Gomez N, et al. Moderate alcohol intake induces thermogenic brown/beige adipocyte formation via elevating retinoic acid signaling. FASEB J. 2017;31:4612-4622 pubmed publisher..J., Zhang, F., Gomez, N. A., Zhao, L., Tian, Q., Zhao, J., Maricelli, J., Zhang, H., Rodgers, B. D., Du, M. Moderate alcohol intake induces thermogenic brown/beige adipocyte formation via elevating retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Li Y, Shi F. Partial rescue of pos5 mutants by YEF1 and UTR1 genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2006;38:293-8 pubmed..However, even through the green fluorescent protein reporter label, the subcellular localization of Yef1p and Utr1p in yeast cells could not be observed, which indicated the low expression level of these two NAD kinase homologs. ..
- Pi H, Xu S, Zhang L, Guo P, Li Y, Xie J, et al. Dynamin 1-like-dependent mitochondrial fission initiates overactive mitophagy in the hepatotoxicity of cadmium. Autophagy. 2013;9:1780-800 pubmed publisher..The balanced activity of DNM1L and mitophagy signaling may be a potential therapeutic approach to treat Cd-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Jin C, Zhang Y, Wang J, Zhou Z, Sha W, Wang M, et al. Lack of association between MPC2 variants and schizophrenia in a replication study of Han Chinese. Neurosci Lett. 2013;552:120-3 pubmed publisher..These results did not support the previous finding suggesting the further study by using a large-scale association analysis in the future should be warranted in Han Chinese populations. ..
- Hu H, Liu H, Zhang J, Hu K, Lin Y. Clinical significance of Smac and Ki-67 expression in pancreatic cancer. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:2640-3 pubmed..05). The higher expression of Smac and Ki-67 appear to play a role in the pathogenesis of pancreatic cancer. Combined detection of these proteins may improve the prognostic evaluation of this disease. ..
- Tian X, Wong W, Xu A, Lu Y, Zhang Y, Wang L, et al. Uncoupling protein-2 protects endothelial function in diet-induced obese mice. Circ Res. 2012;110:1211-6 pubmed publisher..UCP2 preserves endothelial function through increasing nitric oxide bioavailability secondary to the inhibition of ROS production in the endothelium of obese diabetic mice. ..
- Zhang Y, Li L, Hua Y, Nunn J, Dong F, Yanagisawa M, et al. Cardiac-specific knockout of ET(A) receptor mitigates low ambient temperature-induced cardiac hypertrophy and contractile dysfunction. J Mol Cell Biol. 2012;4:97-107 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ETAKO protects against cold exposure-induced cardiac remodeling and dysfunction mediated through TRPV1 and mitochondrial function. ..
- Xu Q, Zhang F, He H, Xu S, Li K, Liu S, et al. Expression profile of mouse Mterfd2, a novel component of the mitochondrial transcription termination factor (MTERF) family. Genes Genet Syst. 2011;86:269-75 pubmed..It might play an important role in the organ differentiation which was probably resulted from its role in the mitochondrial transcription regulation. ..
- Chen H, Deng L, Jiang Y, Lu P, Yu J. RNA editing sites exist in protein-coding genes in the chloroplast genome of Cycas taitungensis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2011;53:961-70 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrion protein-coding genes have three times the editing sites compared with chloroplast genes of Cycas, most likely due to slower evolution speed...
- Siu A, Ko K. Herba Cistanche extract enhances mitochondrial glutathione status and respiration in rat hearts, with possible induction of uncoupling proteins. Pharm Biol. 2010;48:512-7 pubmed publisher..The enhancement of mitochondrial glutathione status and functional ability, as well as the putative induction of uncoupling proteins, may be related to cardioprotection afforded by Herba Cistanche treatment protecting against I/R injury...
- Wei C, Ni C, Song T, Liu Y, Yang X, Zheng Z, et al. The hepatitis B virus X protein disrupts innate immunity by downregulating mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein. J Immunol. 2010;185:1158-68 pubmed publisher..By establishing a link between MAVS and HBX, this study suggests that HBV can target the RIG-I signaling by HBX-mediated MAVS downregulation, thereby attenuating the antiviral response of the innate immune system. ..
- Shi F, Li Y. [The effect of NAD kinase homologues on the beta-oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids with the double bond at an even position in Saccharomyces cerevisiae]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2006;22:667-71 pubmed..NADP, which was supplied mainly by Utr1p, Pos5p and Yef1p, particularly by Pos5p, was proposed to be able to transfer from outside of peroxisome into peroxisomal matrix and then converted to NADPH by Idp3p. ..