Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondrial proteins in Austria
Topic: mitochondrial proteins
- Hell Pourmojib M, Neuner P, Fischer H, Rezaie S, Kindås Mügge I, Knobler R, et al. Differential expression of a novel gene in response to hsp27 and cell differentiation in human keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:154-9 pubmed..These results not only demonstrate for the first time that overexpression of hsp27 by gene transfer is associated with regulation of gene expression but also reveal a novel differentiation-associated gene in human keratinocytes. ..
- Oberegger H, Schoeser M, Zadra I, Abt B, Haas H. SREA is involved in regulation of siderophore biosynthesis, utilization and uptake in Aspergillus nidulans. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:1077-89 pubmed..amcA encodes a putative mitochondrial carrier for the siderophore precursor ornithine, indicating cross-regulation of siderophore and ornithine metabolism...
- Piskacek M, Zotova L, Zsurka G, Schweyen R. Conditional knockdown of hMRS2 results in loss of mitochondrial Mg(2+) uptake and cell death. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:693-700 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hMrs2 is the major transport protein for Mg (+) uptake into mitochondria and that expression of hMrs2 is essential for the maintenance of respiratory complex I and cell viability. ..
- Horvath S, Böttinger L, Vögtle F, Wiedemann N, Meisinger C, Becker T, et al. Processing and topology of the yeast mitochondrial phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:36744-55 pubmed publisher..In summary, membrane integration of Psd1 is crucial for its functionality and for maintenance of mitochondrial lipid homeostasis. ..
- Neubauer R, Neubauer A, Wölkart G, Schwarzenegger C, Lang B, Schmidt K, et al. Potent inhibition of aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 by diphenyleneiodonium: focus on nitroglycerin bioactivation. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:407-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, the data provide new evidence for the essential role of ALDH2 in GTN bioactivation and may have implications to other fields of ALDH2 research, such as hepatic ethanol metabolism and cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Zotova L, Aleschko M, Sponder G, Baumgartner R, Reipert S, Prinz M, et al. Novel components of an active mitochondrial K(+)/H(+) exchange. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14399-414 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that Ydl183p and the Mdm38p homologues Mrs7p, LETM1, and HCCR-1 are involved in the formation of an active KHE system. ..
- Froschauer E, Schweyen R, Wiesenberger G. The yeast mitochondrial carrier proteins Mrs3p/Mrs4p mediate iron transport across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:1044-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the carrier proteins Mrs3p and Mrs4p transport Fe(2+) across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Their activity is dependent on the pH gradient and it is stimulated by iron shortage. ..
- Wiesenberger G, Link T, von Ahsen U, Waldherr M, Schweyen R. MRS3 and MRS4, two suppressors of mtRNA splicing defects in yeast, are new members of the mitochondrial carrier family. J Mol Biol. 1991;217:23-37 pubmed..The findings are discussed in relation to possible functions of the MRS proteins in mitochondrial solute translocation and RNA splicing. ..
- Kiechl S, Horvath R, Luoma P, Kiechl Kohlendorfer U, Wallacher Scholz B, Stucka R, et al. Two families with autosomal dominant progressive external ophthalmoplegia. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004;75:1125-8 pubmed..We report here the clinical and genetic features of two new families with autosomal dominant progressive external ophthalmoplegia (adPEO)...
- Doepper S, Kacani L, Falkensammer B, Dierich M, Stoiber H. Complement receptors in HIV infection. Curr Mol Med. 2002;2:703-11 pubmed
- Steinberger P, Szekeres A, Wille S, Stockl J, Selenko N, Prager E, et al. Identification of human CD93 as the phagocytic C1q receptor (C1qRp) by expression cloning. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;71:133-40 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that immature dendritic cells (DC) express CD93/C1qRp, and mature DC, known to have reduced capacity for antigen uptake and to have lost the ability to phagocytose, show weak-to-negative CD93/C1qRp expression. ..
- Gregan J, Bui D, Pillich R, Fink M, Zsurka G, Schweyen R. The mitochondrial inner membrane protein Lpe10p, a homologue of Mrs2p, is essential for magnesium homeostasis and group II intron splicing in yeast. Mol Gen Genet. 2001;264:773-81 pubmed..However, they cannot easily substitute for each other. Their roles in magnesium homeostasis and, possibly as a secondary effect, in RNA splicing are discussed. ..
- Bui D, Gregan J, Jarosch E, Ragnini A, Schweyen R. The bacterial magnesium transporter CorA can functionally substitute for its putative homologue Mrs2p in the yeast inner mitochondrial membrane. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20438-43 pubmed..Mutants lacking or overproducing Mrs2p exhibit phenotypes consistent with the involvement of Mrs2p in mitochondrial Mg2+ homeostasis. ..
- Oberkofler H, Hafner M, Felder T, Krempler F, Patsch W. Transcriptional co-activator peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)gamma co-activator-1beta is involved in the regulation of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in INS-1E cells. J Mol Med (Berl). 2009;87:299-306 pubmed publisher..Our results support a role of PGC-1beta in the regulation of insulin secretion via upregulation of UCP2 and granuphilin gene expression. ..
- Esterbauer H, Schneitler C, Oberkofler H, Ebenbichler C, Paulweber B, Sandhofer F, et al. A common polymorphism in the promoter of UCP2 is associated with decreased risk of obesity in middle-aged humans. Nat Genet. 2001;28:178-83 pubmed..Despite its modest effect, but because of its high frequency (approximately 63%), the more-common risk allele conferred a relatively large population-attributable risk accounting for 15% of the obesity in the population studied. ..