Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Sweden
Topic: middle aged
Publications799 found, 100 shown here
- Gustavsson J, Mehlig K, Leander K, Strandhagen E, Björck L, Thelle D, et al. Interaction of apolipoprotein E genotype with smoking and physical inactivity on coronary heart disease risk in men and women. Atherosclerosis. 2012;220:486-92 pubmed publisher..The APOE ?2 allele counteracted CHD risk from smoking in both genders, while the ?4 allele was seen to potentiate this risk mainly in women. Similar ?2 protection and ?4 potentiation was suggested for CHD risk from physical inactivity. ..
- Håglin L, Bäckman L, Törnkvist B. A structural equation model for assessment of links between changes in serum triglycerides, -urate, and -glucose and changes in serum calcium, -magnesium and -phosphate in type 2 diabetes and non-diabetes metabolism. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2011;10:116 pubmed publisher..Increased early detection and corrections of high S-Ca, low S-Mg, and S-P in obese patients may improve their metabolism and reduce the risk of CVD in patients with type 2 diabetes. ISRCTN: ISRCTN79355192. ..
- Törnhage C, Skogar O, Borg A, Larsson B, Robertsson L, Andersson L, et al. Short- and long-term effects of tactile massage on salivary cortisol concentrations in Parkinson's disease: a randomised controlled pilot study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:357 pubmed publisher..No associations were seen between salivary cortisol concentration and clinical and/or pharmacological characteristics. ClinicalTrial.gov, NCT01734876 and FoU Sweden 108881. ..
- Sundquist K, Eriksson U, Mezuk B, Ohlsson H. Neighborhood walkability, deprivation and incidence of type 2 diabetes: a population-based study on 512,061 Swedish adults. Health Place. 2015;31:24-30 pubmed publisher..Future studies are encouraged to further explore the potential effect of a broader array of the neighborhood built environment on health outcomes related to physical activity. ..
- O Nions E, Gould J, Christie P, Gillberg C, Viding E, HappÃ© F. Identifying features of 'pathological demand avoidance' using the Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders (DISCO). Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2016;25:407-19 pubmed publisher..All but one case met criteria for an ASD. This study brings the field a step closer to a clinician-rated measure of PDA features and highlights the need for further elucidation of the PDA phenotype. ..
- Kimbung S, Johansson I, Danielsson A, Veerla S, Egyhazi Brage S, Frostvik Stolt M, et al. Transcriptional Profiling of Breast Cancer Metastases Identifies Liver Metastasis-Selective Genes Associated with Adverse Outcome in Luminal A Primary Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:146-57 pubmed publisher..001) among luminal A tumors. Extracellular matrix (stromal) genes can be used to partition breast cancer by site of relapse and may be used to further refine prognostication in ER positive primary breast cancer. ..
- AndrÃ©asson K, Ohlsson B, Mandl T. Elevated levels of faecal calprotectin in primary SjÃ¶gren's syndrome is common and associated with concomitant organic gastrointestinal disease. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:9 pubmed publisher..GI symptoms are frequent in pSS. Contrary to patient-reported outcomes, elevated FC levels in pSS indicate possible organic GI disease that warrants further investigation. ..
- TjÃ¤derborn M, JÃ¶nsson A, SandstrÃ¶m T, Ahlner J, HÃ¤gg S. Non-prescribed use of psychoactive prescription drugs among drug-impaired drivers in Sweden. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016;161:77-85 pubmed publisher..The young and multi-substance users were more likely, whereas subjects with ongoing prescribed treatment with other psychoactive drugs were less likely, to use non-prescribed drugs. ..
- Kotecha D, Manzano L, Krum H, Rosano G, Holmes J, Altman D, et al. Effect of age and sex on efficacy and tolerability of ? blockers in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: individual patient data meta-analysis. BMJ. 2016;353:i1855 pubmed publisher..Irrespective of age or sex, patients with HFrEF in sinus rhythm should receive ? blockers to reduce the risk of death and admission to hospital.Registration PROSPERO CRD42014010012; Clinicaltrials.gov NCT00832442. ..
- Ducrocq G, Schulte P, Budaj A, Cornel J, Held C, Himmelmann A, et al. Balancing the risk of spontaneous ischemic and major bleeding events in acute coronary syndromes. Am Heart J. 2017;186:91-99 pubmed publisher..Our findings help to better define net clinical benefit of antithrombotic treatments and more accurately estimate mortality after ischemic and bleeding events in patients with ACS. ..
- Sjostrom L, Larsson B, Backman L, Bengtsson C, Bouchard C, Dahlgren S, et al. Swedish obese subjects (SOS). Recruitment for an intervention study and a selected description of the obese state. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1992;16:465-79 pubmed..These data suggest that the excess health risks associated with obesity may not be fully appreciated. ..
- Naghavi M, Schwartz S, Sonnerborg A, Vahlne A. Long terminal repeat promoter/enhancer activity of different subtypes of HIV type 1. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1999;15:1293-303 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that genetic diversity of the LTR may result in HIV-1 subtypes with different replicative properties. ..
- Ejerhed L, Kartus J, Kohler K, Sernert N, Brandsson S, Karlsson J. Preconditioning patellar tendon autografts in arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a prospective randomized study. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2001;9:6-11 pubmed..Patients who underwent ACL reconstruction using a preconditioned patellar tendon autograft had no advantages in terms of restoration of laxity or clinical outcome at 2-year follow-up. ..
- Soderlund A, Lindberg P. An integrated physiotherapy/cognitive-behavioural approach to the analysis and treatment of chronic whiplash associated disorders, WAD. Disabil Rehabil. 2001;23:436-47 pubmed..It was also shown that physiotherapy integrated with cognitive behavioural components decreased the patients' pain intensity in problematic daily activities. ..
- Lambert G, Naredi S, Edén E, Rydenhag B, Friberg P. Monoamine metabolism and sympathetic nervous activation following subarachnoid haemorrhage: influence of gender and hydrocephalus. Brain Res Bull. 2002;58:77-82 pubmed..The diminished cerebral perfusion seen following subarachnoid bleeding may occur as a result of activation of central catecholaminergic neurones. ..
- Leonsson M, Hulthe J, Oscarsson J, Johannsson G, Wendelhag I, Wikstrand J, et al. Intima-media thickness in cardiovascularly asymptomatic hypopituitary adults with growth hormone deficiency: relation to body mass index, gender, and other cardiovascular risk factors. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2002;57:751-9 pubmed..However, several cardiovascular risk factors are present in this patient group independent of their increased BMI, especially in women. ..
- Lidgren A, Hedberg Y, Grankvist K, Rasmuson T, Vasko J, Ljungberg B. The expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha is a favorable independent prognostic factor in renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:1129-35 pubmed..These data indicate that HIF-1alpha is involved in tumorogenesis and progression of RCC. Evaluation of other HIF target gene products and correlation to angiogenesis seems warranted. ..
- Sandström Falk M, Tengvall Linder M, Johansson C, Bartosik J, Back O, Särnhult T, et al. The prevalence of Malassezia yeasts in patients with atopic dermatitis, seborrhoeic dermatitis and healthy controls. Acta Derm Venereol. 2005;85:17-23 pubmed..sympodialis and M. obtusa were cultured in 43%. A Malassezia species extract mixture would increase the possibility of detecting IgE sensitization to Malassezia in patients with atopic dermatitis. ..
- Mikoczy Z, Hagmar L. Cancer incidence in the Swedish leather tanning industry: updated findings 1958-99. Occup Environ Med. 2005;62:461-4 pubmed..Moreover, excess risks for prostate cancer among farmers have been reported, indicating pesticides as possible causative agents. Leather tanners have also been exposed to pesticides. ..
- Abrahamsson A, Krapivner S, Gustafsson U, Muhrbeck O, Eggertsen G, Johansson I, et al. Common polymorphisms in the CYP7A1 gene do not contribute to variation in rates of bile acid synthesis and plasma LDL cholesterol concentration. Atherosclerosis. 2005;182:37-45 pubmed..It is concluded that common polymorphisms of the CYP7A1 gene do not contribute to variation in cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase activity, rates of bile acid synthesis and plasma LDL cholesterol concentration in humans. ..
- Bohm Starke N, Rylander E. Surgery for localized, provoked vestibulodynia: a long-term follow-up study. J Reprod Med. 2008;53:83-9 pubmed..To evaluate the long-term results of vestibulectomy in women with localized, provoked vestibulodynia...
- Nilsson M, Pilhammar E. Professional approaches in clinical judgements among senior and junior doctors: implications for medical education. BMC Med Educ. 2009;9:25 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to explain how these professional approaches are expressed and used in clinical education. ..
- Simren M, Ohman L, Olsson J, Svensson U, Ohlson K, Posserud I, et al. Clinical trial: the effects of a fermented milk containing three probiotic bacteria in patients with irritable bowel syndrome - a randomized, double-blind, controlled study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2010;31:218-27 pubmed publisher..However, a trend towards a more favourable effect during the first weeks was seen in the active group. ..
- Mansouri M, Sevov M, Aleskog A, Jondal M, Merup M, Sundstrom C, et al. IGHV3-21 gene usage is associated with high TCL1 expression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Eur J Haematol. 2010;84:109-16 pubmed publisher..001). Altogether, we show that TCL1 mRNA expression may predict clinical outcome in CLL and that the IGHV3-21 subset, regardless of mutational status, displays high TCL1 expression. ..
- Englund M, Guermazi A, Lohmander L. The meniscus in knee osteoarthritis. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2009;35:579-90 pubmed publisher..A degenerative meniscal lesion often suggests early-stage knee OA. Surgical resection of nonobstructive degenerate lesions may merely remove evidence of the disorder while the OA and associated symptoms proceed...
- Leosdottir M, Willenheimer R, Plehn J, Borgquist R, Gudmundsson P, Harris T, et al. Myocardial structure and function by echocardiography in relation to glucometabolic status in elderly subjects from 2 population-based cohorts: a cross-sectional study. Am Heart J. 2010;159:414-420.e4 pubmed publisher..These contrast with previous reports, as well as with observations among middle-aged subjects in the present study. Changes in LV diastolic function may be more age-related than associated with glucose metabolism in older subjects. ..
- Edgren G, Hjalgrim H, Rostgaard K, Norda R, Wikman A, Melbye M, et al. Risk of gastric cancer and peptic ulcers in relation to ABO blood type: a cohort study. Am J Epidemiol. 2010;172:1280-5 pubmed publisher..In addition, they give further support to the notion that individuals with blood group O have a higher risk of peptic ulcers than those with other blood groups. ..
- Lindstedt S, Hlebowicz J, Koul B, Wierup P, SjÃ¶gren J, Gustafsson R, et al. Comparative outcome of double lung transplantation using conventional donor lungs and non-acceptable donor lungs reconditioned ex vivo. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011;12:162-5 pubmed publisher..Ex vivo lung evaluation and reconditioning might not prolong early postoperative course in double lung transplantation. However, given the small number of patients, there might be a failure to detect a difference between the two groups. ..
- Wennberg A, Altman D, Lundholm C, Klint A, Iliadou A, Peeker R, et al. Genetic influences are important for most but not all lower urinary tract symptoms: a population-based survey in a cohort of adult Swedish twins. Eur Urol. 2011;59:1032-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast, shared environmental factors seem more important for the predisposition to develop OAB, which may reflect familial patterns such as learning from parental behaviours. ..
- Josefsson K, Aling J, Ostin B. What implies the good work for registered nurses in municipal elderly care in Sweden?. Clin Nurs Res. 2011;20:292-309 pubmed publisher..Employers must take this into consideration to retain those nurses already employed and recruit nurses to municipal elderly care. ..
- Brittain Long R, Westin J, Olofsson S, Lindh M, Andersson L. Access to a polymerase chain reaction assay method targeting 13 respiratory viruses can reduce antibiotics: a randomised, controlled trial. BMC Med. 2011;9:44 pubmed publisher..To sustain this effect, however, it seems necessary to better define how to follow and manage the patient according to the result of the test, which warrants further investigation. ..
- Happonen K, Saxne T, Geborek P, Andersson M, Bengtsson A, Hesselstrand R, et al. Serum COMP-C3b complexes in rheumatic diseases and relation to anti-TNF-? treatment. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R15 pubmed publisher..COMP-C3b levels in RA decrease during TNF-? inhibition differently from those of CRP, suggesting that formation of COMP-C3b relates to disease features not reflected by general inflammation measures. ..
- Novak D, Novak M. Use of the Internet for home testing for Chlamydia trachomatis in Sweden: who are the users?. Int J STD AIDS. 2012;23:83-7 pubmed publisher..Eighty percent of online test users had engaged in sex with ? 2 partners without a condom during the previous year. Online C. trachomatis test users are mostly young people with high sexual risk behaviour. ..
- Parker V, Andel R, Nilsen C, Kåreholt I. The association between mid-life socioeconomic position and health after retirement--exploring the role of working conditions. J Aging Health. 2013;25:863-81 pubmed publisher..Improving physical working conditions may be important for reducing the influence of socioeconomic position on health after retirement. ..
- Carlsson S, Assel M, Sjoberg D, Ulmert D, Hugosson J, Lilja H, et al. Influence of blood prostate specific antigen levels at age 60 on benefits and harms of prostate cancer screening: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2014;348:g2296 pubmed publisher..Screening men with a PSA level of 1-2 ng/mL is an individual decision to be based on a discussion between patient and doctor. ..
- Karlson B, Palmer M, Nicholls S, Lundman P, Barter P. A VOYAGER Meta-Analysis of the Impact of Statin Therapy on Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels in Patients With Hypertriglyceridemia. Am J Cardiol. 2016;117:1444-8 pubmed publisher..TG reduction was numerically less than for LDL-C, and additional TG-lowering therapy may be considered to further reduce residual cardiovascular risk. ..
- Wikeby M, Pierre B, Archenholtz B. Occupational therapists' reflection on practice within psychiatric care: a Delphi study. Scand J Occup Ther. 2006;13:151-9 pubmed..During the process it became more and more clear how OTs think and act. ..
- Ellegard L, Andersson H. Oat bran rapidly increases bile acid excretion and bile acid synthesis: an ileostomy study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007;61:938-45 pubmed..Thus, 7alpha-HC could be used for rapid detection of dietary effects on bile acid metabolism. These effects could possibly be explained by entrapment of whole micelles in the gut owing to higher viscosity. ..
- Malarstig A, Eriksson P, Hamsten A, Lindahl B, Wallentin L, Siegbahn A. Raised interleukin-10 is an indicator of poor outcome and enhanced systemic inflammation in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Heart. 2008;94:724-9 pubmed
- Ahlin C, Zhou W, Holmqvist M, Holmberg L, Nilsson C, Jirstrom K, et al. Cyclin A is a proliferative marker with good prognostic value in node-negative breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2501-6 pubmed publisher..Adding cyclin A as a proliferative marker to established clinicopathologic factors will improve the separation of low and high risk breast cancer. ..
- Ahnstedt H, Saveland H, Nilsson O, Edvinsson L. Human cerebrovascular contractile receptors are upregulated via a B-Raf/MEK/ERK-sensitive signaling pathway. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, specific targeting of B-Raf might be a novel approach to reduce tissue damage after cerebral ischemia by preventing the previously observed upregulation of contractile receptors in smooth muscle cells. ..
- Gustafsson M, Kristensson J, Holst G, Willman A, Bohman D. Case managers for older persons with multi-morbidity and their everyday work - a focused ethnography. BMC Health Serv Res. 2013;13:496 pubmed publisher..These findings could help to understand and promote the development of CM models aimed at a population of older persons with complex health needs. ..
- Carlsson R, Claesson B, Iwarson S. Dose response study of an inactivated hepatitis A virus vaccine. J Hepatol. 1993;18 Suppl 2:S41-5 pubmed..Two doses approximately 3-4 weeks apart will probably be accepted by most travellers, and a single dose may provide short-term protection for most individuals. The need and timing for a booster dose will have to be further studied. ..
- Bläckberg M, Berling R, Ohlsson K. Tissue kallikrein in severe acute pancreatitis in patients treated with high-dose intraperitoneal aprotinin. Pancreas. 1999;19:325-34 pubmed..The low admission levels of kallistatin in the six patients operated on because of pancreatic necrosis suggest that kallistatin may act as an early marker of severity in acute pancreatitis. ..
- Stål P, Marklund S, Thornell L, De Paul R, Eriksson P. Fibre composition of human intrinsic tongue muscles. Cells Tissues Organs. 2003;173:147-61 pubmed
- Rosen B, Bjorkman A, Lundborg G. Improved sensory relearning after nerve repair induced by selective temporary anaesthesia - a new concept in hand rehabilitation. J Hand Surg Br. 2006;31:126-32 pubmed..These results suggest that cutaneous forearm anaesthesia of the injured limb, in combination with sensory re-education, can enhance sensory recovery after nerve repair...
- Catrina A, af Klint E, Ernestam S, Catrina S, Makrygiannakis D, Botusan I, et al. Anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy increases synovial osteoprotegerin expression in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:76-81 pubmed..Therapy with TNF antagonists in RA modulates the OPG/RANKL system, a potential mechanism that could explain the retardation of radiographic damage observed following anti-TNF therapy. ..
- Lagerstedt Robinson K, Liu T, Vandrovcova J, Halvarsson B, Clendenning M, Frebourg T, et al. Lynch syndrome (hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer) diagnostics. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007;99:291-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that missense MMR gene mutations are common in HNPCC and that germline MMR mutations are also found in patients with MSI-negative tumors. ..
- Kolstrup C, Hultgren J. Perceived physical and psychosocial exposure and health symptoms of dairy farm staff and possible associations with dairy cow health. J Agric Saf Health. 2011;17:111-25 pubmed
- Johansson A, Owe Larsson B, Asp L, Kocki T, Adler M, Hetta J, et al. Activation of kynurenine pathway in ex vivo fibroblasts from patients with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia: cytokine challenge increases production of 3-hydroxykynurenine. J Psychiatr Res. 2013;47:1815-23 pubmed publisher..The increase in ratio between neurotoxic 3-HK and neuroinhibitory/neuroprotective KYNA following exposure to cytokines may account for altered neurogenesis and structural abnormalities characteristic for both diseases. ..
- Palonek E, Ericsson M, GÃ¥revik N, Rane A, Lehtihet M, EkstrÃ¶m L. Atypical excretion profile and GC/C/IRMS findings may last for nine months after a single dose of nandrolone decanoate. Steroids. 2016;108:105-11 pubmed publisher..This was true even in a sample that was not identified as an atypical finding after the GC-MS/MS analysis further showing the power of using GC/C/IRMS in routine anti-doping settings. ..
- Globe G, Currie B, Leidy N, Jones P, Mannino D, Martinez F, et al. Development of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease morning symptom diary (COPD-MSD). Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2016;14:104 pubmed publisher..This study supports the content validity of the new COPD-MSD and positions the diary for quantitative psychometric testing. ..
- Stockfelt L, Andersson E, Molnar P, Gidhagen L, Segersson D, Rosengren A, et al. Long-term effects of total and source-specific particulate air pollution on incident cardiovascular disease in Gothenburg, Sweden. Environ Res. 2017;158:61-71 pubmed publisher..The results of this study confirm that further efforts to reduce air pollution exposure should be undertaken in Sweden to reduce the negative health effects in the general population. ..
- Persson J, Levin L, Holmegaard L, Redfors P, Jood K, Jern C, et al. Stroke survivors' long-term QALY-weights in relation to their spouses' QALY-weights and informal support: a cross-sectional study. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2017;15:150 pubmed publisher..Hence, economic evaluation of interventions that improve the HRQoL of the stroke survivors but ignore the consequences for their spouses may underestimate the value of the intervention. ..
- Bonaca M, Storey R, Theroux P, Steg P, Bhatt D, Cohen M, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Ticagrelor OverÂ Time in Patients With Prior MI inÂ PEGASUS-TIMI 54. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1368-1375 pubmed publisher..PreventionÂ of Cardiovascular Events in Patients with Prior Heart Attack Using Ticagrelor Compared to Placebo on a Background of Aspirin [PEGASUS]; NCT01225562). ..
- Sandberg R, Balkfors B, Nilsson B, Westlin N. Operative versus non-operative treatment of recent injuries to the ligaments of the knee. A prospective randomized study. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1987;69:1120-6 pubmed..The results were good in both treatment groups even though most of the patients who had an injury of the anterior cruciate ligament were somewhat less pleased with the outcome after a period of time. ..
- Lerner U, Modeer T, Krekmanova L, Claesson R, Rasmussen L. Gingival crevicular fluid from patients with periodontitis contains bone resorbing activity. Eur J Oral Sci. 1998;106:778-87 pubmed..The data indicate that other factors, such as IL-1, may play key roles in the stimulation of osteoclastic activity by gingival crevicular washings...
- Lekman A, Fredman P. A new procedure for determining ganglioside GD3 a potential glial cell activation marker in cerebrospinal fluid. Neurochem Int. 1998;33:103-8 pubmed..GD3 ganglioside analysis by means of this method might be useful for studying glial changes during brain maturation as well as in brain disorders. ..
- Johanson V, Tisell L, Olbe L, Wangberg B, Nilsson O, Ahlman H. Comparison of survival between malignant neuroendocrine tumours of midgut and pancreatic origin. Br J Cancer. 1999;80:1259-61 pubmed..The presence of hepatic metastases implied a worse prognosis in neuroendocrine tumours of pancreatic rather than midgut origin. This infers that these tumour types must be separated when treatments are evaluated. ..
- Sheng Y, Bryngelsson C, Pero R. Enhanced DNA repair, immune function and reduced toxicity of C-MED-100, a novel aqueous extract from Uncaria tomentosa. J Ethnopharmacol. 2000;69:115-26 pubmed..In addition, no body weight, food consumption, organ weight and kidney, liver, spleen, and heart pathological changes were found to be associated with C-MED-100 treatment...
- Rønholm E, Tomasdottir H, Runeborg J, Mattsby Baltzer I, Olausson3 M, Aneman A, et al. Gastro-intestinal complement activation during human liver transplantation: impact on postoperative liver function. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2000;44:850-7 pubmed..Gastro-intestinal complement activation may contribute to postoperative parenchymatous liver cell injury and liver dysfunction in patients undergoing liver transplantation. ..
- Gustafsson M, Persson L, Amilon A. A qualitative study of coping in the early stage of acute traumatic hand injury. J Clin Nurs. 2002;11:594-602 pubmed..quot; The findings of the study show how important it is to identify the patient's own way of coping with a stressful illness situation in order to give adequate psychosocial support...
- Lasson A, Lundagårds J, Lorén I, Nilsson P. Appendiceal abscesses: primary percutaneous drainage and selective interval appendicectomy. Eur J Surg. 2002;168:264-9 pubmed..Modern laparoscopic appendicectomy and early postoperative discharge makes interval appendicectomy a valid treatment option after primary non-surgical management of appendiceal abscesses. ..
- Agren Wilsson A, Roslin M, Eklund A, Koskinen L, Bergenheim A, Malm J. Intracerebral microdialysis and CSF hydrodynamics in idiopathic adult hydrocephalus syndrome. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003;74:217-21 pubmed..There is increased glucose metabolism after CSF drainage, as expected in a situation of postischaemic recovery. These new invasive techniques are promising tools in the future study of the pathophysiological processes in IAHS. ..
- Engstrom G, Site Flondell D, Lindblad B, Janzon L, Lindgärde F. Risk of treatment of peripheral arterial disease is related to inflammation-sensitive plasma proteins: a prospective cohort study. J Vasc Surg. 2004;40:1101-5 pubmed..003). Elevated ISPs, measured 16 years earlier in apparently healthy men without walking-induced calf pain, were associated with increased risk for development of PAD requiring revascularization. ..
- Tondel M, Lindgren P, Hjalmarsson P, Hardell L, Persson B. Increased incidence of malignancies in Sweden after the Chernobyl accident--a promoting effect?. Am J Ind Med. 2006;49:159-68 pubmed..042 95% confidence limit 0.001;0.084. An excess for thyroid cancer or leukemia could not be ruled out. Increased incidence of total malignancies possibly related to the fallout from the Chernobyl accident is seen. ..
- Ann Britt T, Ella D, Johan H, Asa A. Spouses' experiences of a cardiac arrest at home: an interview study. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2010;9:161-7 pubmed publisher..The support from the ECS and CPR training was acknowledged as helpful and important. Further research is required to determine which interventions can improve people's ability to intervene as early as possible. ..
- Grubb D, Rasmussen B, Linnet K, Olsson S, Lindberg L. Breath alcohol analysis incorporating standardization to water vapour is as precise as blood alcohol analysis. Forensic Sci Int. 2012;216:88-91 pubmed publisher..The BrAC reliably predicted the coexisting ABAC from 30min onwards after the intake of alcohol. ..
- Tofighi R, Barde S, Palkovits M, Höög A, Hokfelt T, Ceccatelli S, et al. Galanin and its three receptors in human pituitary adenoma. Neuropeptides. 2012;46:195-201 pubmed publisher..The association of GalR3 with tumor relapse suggests that antagonists to this receptor represent a potential therapeutic approach to treatment of pituitary tumors. ..
- Jönsson L, Palmér K, Ohlsson H, Sundquist J, Sundquist K. Is acculturation associated with physical activity among female immigrants in Sweden?. J Public Health (Oxf). 2013;35:270-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, younger age at migration was associated with increased LTPA (OR = 1.44, 95% CI = 1.01-2.03). Increased language proficiency has the potential to be an important health-promoting factor among immigrant women. ..
- Hjerpe E, Egyhazi S, Carlson J, Stolt M, Schedvins K, Johansson H, et al. HSP60 predicts survival in advanced serous ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013;23:448-55 pubmed publisher..All patients with low HSP60 levels responded to first-line chemotherapy. Heat shock protein 60 may identify groups of advanced serous ovarian cancer with different prognosis and treatment response. ..
- Nookaew I, Thorell K, Worah K, Wang S, Hibberd M, Sjovall H, et al. Transcriptome signatures in Helicobacter pylori-infected mucosa identifies acidic mammalian chitinase loss as a corpus atrophy marker. BMC Med Genomics. 2013;6:41 pubmed publisher..pylori-infected non-atrophic patients. Furthermore, loss of acidic chitinase expression is a promising marker for corpus atrophy. ..
- Sartor O, Coleman R, Nilsson S, Heinrich D, Helle S, O Sullivan J, et al. Effect of radium-223 dichloride on symptomatic skeletal events in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases: results from a phase 3, double-blind, randomised trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:738-46 pubmed publisher..We assessed the effect of radium-223 compared with placebo in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases...
- Finkel D, Ernsth Bravell M, Pedersen N. Temporal Dynamics of Motor Functioning and Cognitive Aging. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016;71:109-16 pubmed publisher..Combined with other dual change score model analyses of cognition and physical function, a picture is beginning to emerge of the cascade of events that may lead to cognitive aging. ..
- ObÃ³n Santacana M, Lujan Barroso L, Travis R, Freisling H, Ferrari P, Severi G, et al. Acrylamide and Glycidamide Hemoglobin Adducts and Epithelial Ovarian Cancer: A Nested Case-Control Study in Nonsmoking Postmenopausal Women from the EPIC Cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:127-34 pubmed publisher..It is unlikely that dietary acrylamide exposure increases ovarian cancer risk; however, additional studies with larger sample size should be performed to exclude any possible association with EOC risk. ..
- Johansson Ã, Eriksson N, Lindholm D, Varenhorst C, James S, SyvÃ¤nen A, et al. Genome-wide association and Mendelian randomization study of NT-proBNP in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1447-56 pubmed publisher..Due to pleotropic effects of SLC39A8, these results do not suggest that NT-proBNP levels have a direct effect on mortality in ACS patients. PLATO Clinical Trial Registration: www.clinicaltrials.gov; NCT00391872. ..
- Nelson G, Kiyang L, Crumley E, Chuck A, Nguyen T, Faris P, et al. Implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Across a Provincial Healthcare System: The ERAS Alberta Colorectal Surgery Experience. World J Surg. 2016;40:1092-103 pubmed publisher..There was a significant beneficial impact of ERAS on scarce health system resources. ..
- Kamwendo K, Linton S, Moritz U. Neck and shoulder disorders in medical secretaries. Part II. Ergonomical work environment and symptom profile. Scand J Rehabil Med. 1991;23:135-42 pubmed..This study suggests that risk factors for neck and shoulder pain are individual and multifactorial. ..
- Bjorkner B, Bruze M, Moller H. High frequency of contact allergy to gold sodium thiosulfate. An indication of gold allergy?. Contact Dermatitis. 1994;30:144-51 pubmed..Our findings make gold sodium thiosulfate the 2nd most common contact allergen after nickel sulfate. It is suggested that a positive skin test to gold sodium thiosulfate represents gold allergy...
- Konlaan B, Bygren L, Johansson S. Visiting the cinema, concerts, museums or art exhibitions as determinant of survival: a Swedish fourteen-year cohort follow-up. Scand J Public Health. 2000;28:174-8 pubmed..Our conclusion is that attendance at certain kinds of cultural events may have a beneficial effect on longevity. ..
- Eker C, Hagstadius S, Linden A, Schalén W, Nordström C. Neuropsychological assessments in relation to CBF after severe head injuries. Acta Neurol Scand. 2001;104:142-7 pubmed..A correlation was found between the individual CBF level and neuropsychological outcome 1 year after injury, particularly with regard to verbal memory capacity, reasoning capacity, and information processing speed. ..
- Andersson C, Innala E, BÃ¤ckstrÃ¶m T. Acute intermittent porphyria in women: clinical expression, use and experience of exogenous sex hormones. A population-based study in northern Sweden. J Intern Med. 2003;254:176-83 pubmed..As 25% of women with manifest AIP reported attacks associated with such drugs, caution must still be recommended. Menopausal HRT only rarely affected the disorder. Miscarriage was more common amongst women with manifest AIP. ..
- Cederquist K, Emanuelsson M, Göransson I, Holinski Feder E, Müller Koch Y, Golovleva I, et al. Mutation analysis of the MLH1, MSH2 and MSH6 genes in patients with double primary cancers of the colorectum and the endometrium: a population-based study in northern Sweden. Int J Cancer. 2004;109:370-6 pubmed
- Bjorkman A, Rosén B, Lundborg G. Acute improvement of hand sensibility after selective ipsilateral cutaneous forearm anaesthesia. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2733-6 pubmed..Our findings open new perspectives for sensory re-education and rehabilitation following injury to the peripheral and central nervous system...
- Benson M, Langston M, Adner M, Andersson B, Torinssson Naluai A, Cardell L. A network-based analysis of the late-phase reaction of the skin. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;118:220-5 pubmed..Involvement of multiple interacting pathways indicates that it might be difficult to identify one single mediator as a biomarker or drug target in allergic inflammation. ..
- Naucler P, Chen H, Persson K, You S, Hsieh C, Sun C, et al. Seroprevalence of human papillomaviruses and Chlamydia trachomatis and cervical cancer risk: nested case-control study. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:814-22 pubmed..trachomatis is associated with cervical cancer in prospective studies, and support the notion that HPV-16 seropositivity is strongly associated with cervical cancer. ..
- Broberg K, Tinnerberg H, Axmon A, Warholm M, Rannug A, Littorin M. Influence of genetic factors on toluene diisocyanate-related symptoms: evidence from a cross-sectional study. Environ Health. 2008;7:15 pubmed publisher..Specific gene-TDI interactions for symptoms of the eyes and lower airways appear to exist. The results suggest different mechanisms for TDI- and non-TDI-related symptoms of the eyes and lower airways. ..
- Wikland M, Hardarson T, Hillensjo T, Westin C, Westlander G, Wood M, et al. Obstetric outcomes after transfer of vitrified blastocysts. Hum Reprod. 2010;25:1699-707 pubmed publisher..0 versus 6.0 and 7.5%). No adverse neonatal outcomes were observed in children born after transfer of vitrified, as compared with fresh blastocysts or after transfer of slow-frozen early cleavage stage embryos. ..