Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Poland
Topic: middle aged
Publications479 found, 100 shown here
- Zietkowski Z, Skiepko R, Tomasiak Lozowska M, Bodzenta Lukaszyk A. Anti-IgE therapy with omalizumab decreases endothelin-1 in exhaled breath condensate of patients with severe persistent allergic asthma. Respiration. 2010;80:534-42 pubmed publisher..This could be very important in limiting airway inflammation and bronchial structural changes caused by such treatment in asthmatic patients. ..
- Bogaczewicz J, Sysa Jedrzejowska A, Arkuszewska C, Zabek J, Kontny E, McCauliffe D, et al. Vitamin D status in systemic lupus erythematosus patients and its association with selected clinical and laboratory parameters. Lupus. 2012;21:477-84 pubmed publisher..Some SLE patient sera contained 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) antibodies, but these antibodies do not appear to affect vitamin D levels. ..
- Białas M, Papla B, Bulanda A. Immunohistochemical investigation of selected endothelial markers in pulmonary epithelioid haemangioendothelioma. Pol J Pathol. 2011;62:236-40 pubmed..Medications inhibiting vascular endothelial growth factors can be considered as a treatment option for multifocal EH that does not qualify for surgical intervention. ..
- Larysz D, Zebracka Gala J, Rudnik A, Hasse Lazar K, Kowalska M, Jarząb M, et al. Expression of genes FOLR1, BAG1 and LAPTM4B in functioning and non-functioning pituitary adenomas. Folia Neuropathol. 2012;50:277-86 pubmed..For BAG1 we confirm a significantly higher expression in functioning (both PRL and GH producing) adenomas than non-functioning ones, while LAPTM4B does not exhibit any expression changes between different classes of pituitary tumours. ..
- Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M, Pawlak D. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) plasma levels and oxLDL to LDL ratio - are they real oxidative stress markers in dialyzed patients?. Life Sci. 2013;92:253-8 pubmed publisher..oxLDL levels and oxLDL/LDL ratio seem to be the markers of lipoprotein abnormalities rather than the markers of oxidative stress in the population of dialyzed patients. ..
- Bladowska J, Zimny A, Knysz B, MaÅ‚yszczak K, KoÅ‚towska A, Szewczyk P, et al. Evaluation of early cerebral metabolic, perfusion and microstructural changes in HCV-positive patients: a pilot study. J Hepatol. 2013;59:651-7 pubmed publisher..Hyperperfusion in basal ganglia may be an indicator of brain inflammation in HCV patients. Our findings may suggest a biologic link between HCV-related liver disease and cerebral dysfunction. ..
- BÅ‚aszczyk B, Szpringer M, Czuczwar S, LasoÅ„ W. Single centre 20 year survey of antiepileptic drug-induced hypersensitivity reactions. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:399-409 pubmed..Among AEDs, gabapentin, topiramate, levetiracetam, vigabatrin, and phenobarbital were not associated with skin lesions, although the number of patients in the case of the latter was small. ..
- Baran K, PaÅ‚gan K, Szortyka M, Bitner A, Bartuzi Z, Klawe J. Anaphylaxis as a cause of hospitalization--a single academic centre experience. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2015;83:188-92 pubmed publisher..It is difficult to forecast the course of the reaction based on the causative factor, for anaphylactic reaction is characterised by a great individual changeability and intensity of the first symptoms. ..
- Wieczorek Surdacka E, Åšwierszcz J, Surdacki A. Effects of Atorvastatin Dose and Concomitant Use of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors on Renal Function Changes over Time in Patients with Stable Coronary Artery Disease: A Prospective Observational Study. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Thus, concomitant ACEI use appears to facilitate the ability of increasing atorvastatin doses to beneficially modulate time-dependent changes in GFR in men with stable CAD. ..
- GÄ…tarska A, ToÅ„ska E, Ciborska J. Natural mineral bottled waters available on the Polish market as a source of minerals for the consumers. Part 1. Calcium and magnesium. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2016;67:1-8 pubmed..For 1-3-year-old children it is recommended to consume less than 1 litre daily of natural mineral waters containing an excess of 700 mg of calcium and 80 mg of magnesium in 1 litre. ..
- Polterauer S, Schwameis R, Grimm C, Macuks R, Iacoponi S, Zalewski K, et al. Prognostic value of lymph node ratio and number of positive inguinal nodes in patients with vulvar cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:92-97 pubmed publisher..LNR allows for more accurate prognostic stratification of patients than number of positive nodes. LNR seems useful to select appropriate candidates for adjuvant radiation. ..
- Bartkowski S, Zapala J, Heczko P, Szuta M. Actinomycotic osteomyelitis of the mandible: review of 15 cases. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1998;26:63-7 pubmed..Twelve of fifteen patients who had received the therapy and proved asymptomatic for 1 year to 23 years were recognized to be cured of the disease. In three patients, a single recurrence of the disease was observed after 1.5-2 months. ..
- Gasiorowski K, Brokos B. Evaluation of antimutagenic effect of todralazine in cultured lymphocytes. Mutagenesis. 2000;15:137-41 pubmed
- Panasiuk A, Prokopowicz D, Zak J, Matowicka Karna J, Osada J, Wysocka J. Activation of blood platelets in chronic hepatitis and liver cirrhosis P-selectin expression on blood platelets and secretory activity of beta-thromboglobulin and platelet factor-4. Hepatogastroenterology. 2001;48:818-22 pubmed..Thrombocytes in chronic liver diseases and liver cirrhosis are more activated. Platelet sensitivity to stimuli in these ailments is higher (liver cirrhosis) than in the healthy controls. ..
- Strzelczyk J, Czupryniak L, Loba J, Wasiak J. The use of polypropylene mesh in midline incision closure following gastric by-pass surgery reduces the risk of postoperative hernia. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2002;387:294-7 pubmed..Mesh insertion was complicated with wound discharge in three patients. In our opinion prophylactic use of polypropylene mesh in bariatric patients is highly effective in postoperative hernia prevention. ..
- Sliwinska Kowalska M, Zamyslowska Szmytke E, Szymczak W, Kotylo P, Fiszer M, Wesolowski W, et al. Ototoxic effects of occupational exposure to styrene and co-exposure to styrene and noise. J Occup Environ Med. 2003;45:15-24 pubmed..This study provides the epidemiological evidence that occupational exposure to styrene is related to an increased risk of hearing loss. Combined exposures to noise and styrene seem to be more ototoxic than exposure to noise alone. ..
- Czarkowska P Czek B, Przybylski J, Marciniak A, Pawłowska M, Juskowa J, Foroncewicz B, et al. Proteolytic enzymes activities in patients after myocardial infarction correlate with serum concentration of TGF-beta. Inflammation. 2004;28:279-84 pubmed..Our data indicate that TGF-beta1 may be one of the factors involved in tissue repair process after MI. Its effect seems to be mediated by collagenase and elastase and may change with the time that elapsed after MI. ..
- Kowal Bielecka O, Kowal K, Distler O, Rojewska J, Bodzenta Lukaszyk A, Michel B, et al. Cyclooxygenase- and lipoxygenase-derived eicosanoids in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from patients with scleroderma lung disease: an imbalance between proinflammatory and antiinflammatory lipid mediators. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:3783-91 pubmed..Targeting the 5-LOX/15-LOX balance may be of practical value in the treatment of SLD. ..
- Czesnikiewicz Guzik M, Loster B, Bielanski W, Guzik T, Konturek P, Zapala J, et al. Implications of oral Helicobacter pylori for the outcome of its gastric eradication therapy. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2007;41:145-51 pubmed..H. pylori was detected both in the oral cavity and the stomach but oral H. pylori had no relation to gastric H. pylori and remained unaffected by eradication of gastric H. pylori. ..
- Sulka A, Simon K, Piszko P, Kalecińska E, Dominiak M. Oral mucosa alterations in chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis due to HBV or HCV infection. Bull Group Int Rech Sci Stomatol Odontol. 2006;47:6-10 pubmed..Results indicate the lack of connection between chronic HBV and HCV infection as well as the stage of the disease with the incidence and character of oral lesions in oral mucosa. ..
- Nowacka Zawisza M, Brys M, Romanowicz Makowska H, Kulig A, Krajewska W. Dinucleotide repeat polymorphisms of RAD51, BRCA1, BRCA2 gene regions in breast cancer. Pathol Int. 2008;58:275-81 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that dinucleotide CA repeat polymorphism at RAD51 and BRCA2 gene regions might be associated with genetic susceptibility to breast cancer. ..
- Mitura K, Romańczuk M. [Comparison between two methods of inguinal hernia surgery--Lichtenstein and Desarda]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2008;24:392-5 pubmed..One of the groups included the patients treated with Desarda technique (group I), and the second group included patients after Lichtenstein repair (group II)...
- Szumowski L, Bodalski R, Jedynak Z, Szufladowicz E, Kepski R, Derejko P, et al. The clinical course and risk in patients with pseudo-Mahaim fibers. Cardiol J. 2008;15:365-70 pubmed..The majority of AP-M was right-sided. Two thirds of patients with AP-M had anatomical substrate for AVNRT (fast/slow pathway AV node). VF or asystole occurred in 10% of patients. ..
- Nowak I, Malinowski A, Tchorzewski H, Barcz E, Wilczynski J, Grybos M, et al. Frequencies of killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genotypes influence susceptibility to spontaneous abortion. J Appl Genet. 2009;50:391-8 pubmed..In addition, the results suggest for the first time that sporadic and recurrent spontaneous abortions as well as miscarriage in the presence or absence of autoantibodies may have different KIR genotypic backgrounds...
- Kuczkowski J, Sakowicz Burkiewicz M, Izycka Swieszewska E. Expression of the receptor activator for nuclear factor-?B ligand and osteoprotegerin in chronic otitis media. Am J Otolaryngol. 2010;31:404-9 pubmed publisher..However, to resolve this issue a study on a larger group of patients should be conducted. ..
- Sakowicz A, Fendler W, Lelonek M, Gluba A, Pietrucha T. Two polymorphisms of the FVII gene and their impact on the risk of myocardial infarction in poles under 45 years of age. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:229-34 pubmed..11, 95% CI = 1.03 to 1.18), arterial hypertension (OR = 3.84, 95% CI = 1.99 to 7.43) and family history (OR = 2.72, 95% CI = 1.57 to 4.73) are significant predictors of acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Bujnowska Fedak M, Puchała E, Steciwko A. The impact of telehome care on health status and quality of life among patients with diabetes in a primary care setting in Poland. Telemed J E Health. 2011;17:153-63 pubmed publisher..045). Although not conclusive because of the small sample and short observation period, the study suggests that telehome monitoring is an effective tool in controlling type 2 diabetes in a primary care setting. ..
- Talar Wojnarowska R, Gasiorowska A, Olakowski M, Lampe P, Smolarz B, Romanowicz Makowska H, et al. Role of cyclooxygenase-2 gene polymorphisms in pancreatic carcinogenesis. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:4113-7 pubmed publisher..These preliminary results indicate that the -1195G/A COX-2 polymorphism may play an important role in PC prognosis and carcinogenesis. ..
- Maniecka Bryla I, Szymocha M, Bryla M. Overweight and obesity as risk factors in hypertension--study of the working population. Med Lav. 2011;102:523-38 pubmed..The data confirm the correlation between frequency of overweight and obesity and prevalence of arterial hypertension Active and proper prevention of obesity among the working population could lower the risk of arterial hypertension. ..
- Zajdel J, Zajdel R, Kuna P. Knowledge of medical law amongst doctors of internal diseases. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2013;26:242-56 pubmed publisher..Probably there are specialities, like occupational medicine which are specially linked with awareness of valid legal rules. ..
- Kunikowska J, Bajera A, Sawicka M, Czwarnowski P, Pawłowicz B, Aksamit D, et al. Different technical possibilities of post-therapeutic tandem 90Y/ /177Lu-DOTATATE imaging. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2013;16:70-4 pubmed publisher..The worst spatial resolution offers standard scintigraphic camera for 90Y/177Lu DOTATATE imaging, with using 90Y bremsstrahlung gammas. ..
- Roik M, Wretowski D, Åabyk A, Kostrubiec M, Irzyk K, Dzikowska Diduch O, et al. Refined balloon pulmonary angioplasty driven by combined assessment of intra-arterial anatomy and physiology--Multimodal approach to treated lesions in patients with non-operable distal chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension--Technique, safety. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:228-35 pubmed publisher..This observation requires further validation in a large prospective study. ..
- Rymarz A, Bartoszewicz Z, Szamotulska K, Niemczyk S. The Associations Between Body Cell Mass and Nutritional and Inflammatory Markers in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease and in Subjects Without Kidney Disease. J Ren Nutr. 2016;26:87-92 pubmed publisher..Its significance requires further investigation. ..
- O Flaherty M, Bandosz P, Critchley J, Capewell S, Guzman Castillo M, Aspelund T, et al. Exploring potential mortality reductions in 9 European countries by improving diet and lifestyle: A modelling approach. Int J Cardiol. 2016;207:286-91 pubmed publisher..However, this would require the European Union to more effectively implement powerful evidence-based prevention policies. ..
- Parczewski M, Leszczyszyn Pynka M, Witak JÄ™dra M, Rymer W, Zalewska M, GÄ…siorowski J, et al. Distribution and time trends of HIV-1 variants in Poland: Characteristics of non-B clades and recombinant viruses. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;39:232-240 pubmed publisher..Non-B variants are associated with heterosexual transmission, more advanced HIV disease and have stable temporal frequencies. ..
- Kotrych D, Dziedziejko V, Safranow K, Sroczynski T, Staniszewska M, Juzyszyn Z, et al. TNF-Î± and IL10 gene polymorphisms in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;199:92-5 pubmed publisher..54, 95% CI=0.35-0.82, p=0.004). The results of our study suggest an association between TNF-Î± -308G>A and IL10 -1082G>A polymorphisms and postmenopausal osteoporosis. ..
- Lwow F, Dunajska K, Tworowska U, Jedrzejuk D, Laczmanski L, Milewicz A, et al. Post-exercise oxidative stress and obesity in postmenopausal women: the role of beta3-adrenergic receptor polymorphism. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2007;23:597-603 pubmed..Moreover, the Trp64Arg polymorphism has no influence on oxidative stress intensification after standardized physical effort in postmenopausal women. ..
- Luszczynska A, Haynes C. Changing nutrition, physical activity and body weight among student nurses and midwives: effects of a planning intervention and self-efficacy beliefs. J Health Psychol. 2009;14:1075-84 pubmed publisher..Additionally, body mass index of overweight participants was reduced. Baseline self-efficacy moderated the effects of the intervention: only respondents reporting strong efficacy beliefs improved their diet and exercise. ..
- Stefanska J, Sarniak A, Wlodarczyk A, Sokolowska M, Pniewska E, Doniec Z, et al. Apocynin reduces reactive oxygen species concentrations in exhaled breath condensate in asthmatics. Exp Lung Res. 2012;38:90-9 pubmed publisher..No adverse events have been observed throughout the study. This research confirmed anti-inflammatory properties of nebulized apocynin, which might be an effective and safe drug in bronchial asthma. ..
- Kucharczyk T, Krawczyk P, PowrÃ³zek T, Kowalski D, Ramlau R, Kalinka Warzocha E, et al. The Effectiveness of Pemetrexed Monotherapy Depending on Polymorphisms in TS and MTHFR Genes as Well as Clinical Factors in Advanced NSCLC Patients. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:49-56 pubmed publisher..09; pÂ <Â 0.005). Results of our study suggested that genetic factors may have a high predictive and prognostic value (even greater than clinical factors) for patients treated with pemetrexed monotherapy. ..
- Kowal Bielecka O, Kowal K, Lewszuk A, Bodzenta Lukaszyk A, Walecki J, Sierakowski S. Beta thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4 in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005;64:484-6 pubmed..The study provides evidence that activation of blood platelets takes place within the lungs of patients with SLD and may contribute to the development of lung fibrosis. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M. Hepcidin, an acute-phase protein and a marker of inflammation in kidney transplant recipients with and without coronary artery disease. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:2895-8 pubmed..Elevated hepcidin values in kidney allograft recipients may be due not only to impaired renal function, but also to a low-grade inflammatory state, as reflected by hepcidin correlations with hsCRP, IL-6, and ferritin. ..
- Wilczynski M, Drobniewski I, Synder A, Omulecki W. Evaluation of early corneal endothelial cell loss in bimanual microincision cataract surgery (MICS) in comparison with standard phacoemulsification. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:798-803 pubmed..To analyze early corneal endothelial cell loss due to microincision cataract surgery (MICS) in comparison with standard phacoemulsification through the temporal clear corneal incision...
- Klupinska G, Wisniewska Jarosinska M, Harasiuk A, Chojnacki C, Stec Michalska K, Błasiak J, et al. Nocturnal secretion of melatonin in patients with upper digestive tract disorders. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;57 Suppl 5:41-50 pubmed..It is likely that high or relatively correct secretion of melatonin is sufficient to prevent peptic changes in esophageal and duodenal mucosa. ..
- Filus A, Trzmiel A, Kuliczkowska Płaksej J, Tworowska U, Jedrzejuk D, Milewicz A, et al. Relationship between vitamin D receptor BsmI and FokI polymorphisms and anthropometric and biochemical parameters describing metabolic syndrome. Aging Male. 2008;11:134-9 pubmed publisher..03 versus 60.63 +/- 16.58, p = 0.032. Besides these, no significant differences were found. The BsmI VDR polymorphism seems to influence BMI, while the FokI VDR polymorphism appears to affect insulin sensitivity and serum cHDL level. ..
- Zytkiewicz M, Giełwanowska L, Wojtasińska E, Psuja P, Zawilska K. Resistance to acetylsalicylic acid in patients after ischemic stroke. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2008;118:727-33 pubmed..039). In patients after ischemic stroke resistance to ASA is commonly observed. In patients with diabetes or C807Tglycoprotein Ia gene CT polymorphisms this phenomenon is more frequently detected. ..
- Kuklinska A, Mroczko B, Musial W, Sawicki R, Kozieradzka A, Usowicz Szarynska M, et al. Influence of atorvastatin on blood pressure control in treated hypertensive, normolipemic patients - An open, pilot study. Blood Press. 2010;19:260-6 pubmed publisher..However, because of the open design of the study, these results should be carefully debated. ..
- Bielecki M, Kowal K, Lapinska A, Bernatowicz P, Chyczewski L, Kowal Bielecka O. Increased production of a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) by peripheral blood mononuclear cells is associated with antitopoisomerase I antibody and more severe disease in systemic sclerosis. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:2286-9 pubmed publisher..Targeting the APRIL pathway might represent a therapeutic possibility for treatment of patients with SSc, in particular those with anti-topo I antibodies. ..
- Wojnar A, Kobierzycki C, Krolicka A, Pula B, Podhorska Okolow M, Dziegiel P. Correlation of Ki-67 and MCM-2 proliferative marker expression with grade of histological malignancy (G) in ductal breast cancers. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2010;48:442-6 pubmed publisher..05) or G2 grade (p<0.01). The results obtained in our study suggest that MCM-2 could be used as a marker of proliferation in breast carcinomas. ..
- Kozinski M, Bielis L, Wiśniewska Szmyt J, Boinska J, Stolarek W, Marciniak A, et al. Diurnal variation in platelet inhibition by clopidogrel. Platelets. 2011;22:579-87 pubmed publisher..This periodicity in platelet aggregation in patients on dual antiplatelet therapy should be taken into consideration when assessing platelet function in clinical studies. ..
- Chachaj A, Drozdz K, Chabowski M, Dziegiel P, Grzegorek I, Wojnar A, et al. Chyloperitoneum, chylothorax and lower extremity lymphedema in woman with sporadic lymphangioleiomyomatosis successfully treated with sirolimus: a case report. Lymphology. 2012;45:53-7 pubmed
- Kaleta D, Wojtysiak P, Usidame B, Dziankowska Zaborszczyk E, Fronczak A, Korytkowski P, et al. Heaviness of smoking among employed men and women in Poland. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2016;29:191-208 pubmed publisher..These findings should be taken into account while developing tobacco control measures addressed to economically active population. ..
- BudzyÅ„ski J, ZiÃ³Å‚kowski M, KÅ‚opocka M, Czarnecki D. Blood glucose and lipid concentrations after overload are not associated with the risk of alcohol relapse. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016;161:356-62 pubmed publisher..Fasting and postprandial blood glucose, TC and TG concentrations had no relationship with the outcome of anti-relapse treatment. However, they presented some associations with the pathomechanism of addiction to nicotine. ..
- Huzarski T, Byrski T, Gronwald J, Cybulski C, Oszurek O, Szwiec M, et al. The impact of oophorectomy on survival after breast cancer in BRCA1-positive breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;156:371-8 pubmed publisher..44; 95Â % CI 0.22-0.89; pÂ =Â 0.02). Among women with breast cancer and a BRCA1 mutation, survival is greatly improved by oophorectomy due to the prevention of deaths from both breast and ovarian cancer. ..
- Mokrowiecka A, Veits L, Falkeis C, Musial J, Kordek R, Lochowski M, et al. Expression profiles of cancer stem cell markers: CD133, CD44, Musashi-1 and EpCAM in the cardiac mucosa-Barrett's esophagus-early esophageal adenocarcinoma-advanced esophageal adenocarcinoma sequence. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:205-209 pubmed publisher..EpCAM, CD44 and CD133 expression could be candidate markers for BE progression, whereas Musashi-1 may be a marker of the small intestinal features of Barrett's mucosa. ..
- Knapp P, Bodnar L, Błachnio Zabielska A, Swiderska M, Chabowski A. Plasma and ovarian tissue sphingolipids profiling in patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:139-144 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that some sphingolipids can be used as potential biomarkers of advanced ovarian cancer and that they can play an important role in the pathogenesis of this disease. ..
- Gawrychowski J, Gabriel A, Lackowska B. Heterogeneity of stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) and evaluation of late results of surgical treatment. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2003;29:178-84 pubmed..3) Poor histologic differentiation of the tumour is a bad prognostic factor. ..
- Flisiak I, Porebski P, Flisiak R, Chodynicka B. Plasma transforming growth factor beta1 as a biomarker of psoriasis activity and treatment efficacy. Biomarkers. 2003;8:437-43 pubmed..Measurement of TGFbeta(1) in plasma should be considered as a possible biomarker of psoriasis activity during its management. ..
- Wiercinska Drapalo A, Jaroszewicz J, Flisiak R, Prokopowicz D. Plasma interleukin-18 is associated with viral load and disease progression in HIV-1-infected patients. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:1273-7 pubmed..Furthermore, reduction of IL-18 concentration can be an important step in HAART-related immune restoration. ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Pawlak K, Mysliwiec M. Hepcidin, iron status, and renal function in chronic renal failure, kidney transplantation, and hemodialysis. Am J Hematol. 2006;81:832-7 pubmed..Elevated hepcidin in all groups of patients studied may be due to low grade inflammation, frequently encountered in this population and mainly to impaired renal function. ..
- Pietruska M, Paniczko A, Waszkiel D, Pietruski J, Bernaczyk A. Efficacy of local treatment with chlorhexidine gluconate drugs on the clinical status of periodontium in chronic periodontitis patients. Adv Med Sci. 2006;51 Suppl 1:162-5 pubmed..MATERAL AND METHODS: Forty subjects enrolled in the study were divided into four groups, 10 in each group, according to the mode of treatment (Corsodyl rinse, Corsodyl gel, Corsodyl gel + surgical dressing, scaling)...
- Mroz R, Korniluk M, Stasiak Barmuta A, Chyczewska E. Upregulation of Th1 cytokine profile in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with hypersensitivity pneumonitis. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;59 Suppl 6:499-505 pubmed..68, P=0.015) and a negative one between IL-12 and the percentage of macrophages in BALF (r=-0.64, P=0.024). We conclude that upregulation of the Th1 cell cytokine profile may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of HP. ..
- DroÅºdzik M, Stefankiewicz J, Kurzawa R, GÃ³rnik W, Baczkowski T, Kurzawski M. Association of the MDR1 (ABCB1) gene 3435C>T polymorphism with male infertility. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:690-6 pubmed..027, OR = 2.05, 95% CI: 1.09-3.86; CT genotype: p = 0.013, OR = 1.98, 95% CI: 1.16-3.36). This preliminary report suggests that P-gp may play some role in male infertility, mediating detrimental effects of environmental factors. ..
- Bogucka M, Giebułtowicz J, Zawada K, Wroczyński P, Wierzchowski J, Pietrzak M, et al. The oxidation status of ALDH3A1 in human saliva and its correlation with antioxidant capacity measured by ORAC method. Acta Pol Pharm. 2009;66:477-82 pubmed
- Robak T, Dmoszynska A, Solal Celigny P, Warzocha K, Loscertales J, Catalano J, et al. Rituximab plus fludarabine and cyclophosphamide prolongs progression-free survival compared with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide alone in previously treated chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1756-65 pubmed publisher..R-FC significantly improved the outcome of patients with previously treated CLL. ..
- Dedecjus M, Adamczewski Z, Brzezinski J, Lewinski A. Real-time, high-resolution ultrasonography of the vocal folds--a prospective pilot study in patients before and after thyroidectomy. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2010;395:859-64 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to evaluate the functionality of vocal folds (VF) by real-time, high-resolution ultrasonography (US) and to correlate the imaged features to results of laryngological examination (LE)...
- Szepietowski J, Balaskas E, Taube K, Taberly A, DUPUY P. Quality of life in patients with uraemic xerosis and pruritus. Acta Derm Venereol. 2011;91:313-7 pubmed publisher..Some characteristics of uraemic xerosis other than xerosis intensity may also be involved in quality of life alteration. ..
- Brymora A, Flisinski M, Johnson R, Goszka G, Stefanska A, Manitius J. Low-fructose diet lowers blood pressure and inflammation in patients with chronic kidney disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:608-12 pubmed publisher..This pilot study needs to be confirmed by a larger clinical trial to determine the long-term benefit of a low-fructose diet compared to other diets in subjects with CKD. ..
- Andrusiewicz M, Szczerba A, Wołuń Cholewa M, Warchoł W, Nowak Markwitz E, Gąsiorowska E, et al. CGB and GNRH1 expression analysis as a method of tumor cells metastatic spread detection in patients with gynecological malignances. J Transl Med. 2011;9:130 pubmed publisher..Assessment of CGB and GNRH1 expression level in cancer patients' blood may be useful for indicating metastatic spread of tumor cells. ..
- Wojnar A, Pula B, Piotrowska A, Jethon A, Kujawa K, Kobierzycki C, et al. Correlation of intensity of MT-I/II expression with Ki-67 and MCM-2 proteins in invasive ductal breast carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:3027-33 pubmed..0018) and negatively with ER (p=0.0002) and PR (p=0.0056) expression. To conclude, MT-I/II may play a key role in IDC proliferation, but is not a useful prognostic factor of this disease. ..
- Szczepankiewicz A, Rybakowski J, Suwalska A, Hauser J. Glucocorticoid receptor polymorphism is associated with lithium response in bipolar patients. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2011;32:545-51 pubmed..The GR gene variation seems to be involved in the response to lithium treatment in our group of bipolar patients. ..
- Cieszczyk P, Eider J, Ostanek M, Leońska Duniec A, Ficek K, Kotarska K, et al. Is the C34T polymorphism of the AMPD1 gene associated with athlete performance in rowing?. Int J Sports Med. 2011;32:987-91 pubmed publisher..91%, p=0.002). Our results suggest that the T allele is associated with physical performance level, therefore, it may be included in the group of performance altering polymorphisms as a negative factor to athletic performance. ..
- Tykocki T, Michalik R, Bonicki W, Nauman P. Fluorescence-guided resection of primary and recurrent malignant gliomas with 5-aminolevulinic acid. Preliminary results. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2012;46:47-51 pubmed..It enables the cytoreduction to be maximized but experience in neuro-oncological surgery is required to avoid serious, postoperative neurological deficits. ..
- Demkow U, Winklewski P, Ciepiela O, Popko K, LipiÅ„ska A, Kucharska A, et al. Modulatory effect of insulin on T cell receptor mediated calcium signaling is blunted in long lasting type 1 diabetes mellitus. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:150-6 pubmed..The TCR-insulin interplay is blunted in long lasting diabetes mellitus type 1. These observations may have an important implication for future therapeutic options in diabetes. ..
- Trznadel Grodzka E, Błaszkowski M, Rotsztejn H. Investigations of seborrheic dermatitis. Part I. The role of selected cytokines in the pathogenesis of seborrheic dermatitis. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2012;66:843-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that seborrheic dermatitis is a dermatosis characterized by a cell type immune response with an important role of IFN-? and IL-2. ..
- Jankowska Polanska B, KamiÅ„ska M, Uchmanowicz I, Rycombel A. Quality of life and health behaviours of patients with tuberculosis - sex differences. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2015;83:256-65 pubmed publisher..Differences between genders indicate the need for matching treatment and preventive action for different patients profiles based on the cooperation of doctors, social workers, therapists, and psychologists. ..
- Radwan M, Jurewicz J, PolaÅ„ska K, Sobala W, Radwan P, Bochenek M, et al. Exposure to ambient air pollution--does it affect semen quality and the level of reproductive hormones?. Ann Hum Biol. 2016;43:50-6 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to explore this association in more detail. Individual precise exposure assessment would be needed for more detailed risk characterization. ..
- Gruszewska E, Cylwik B, Gudowska M, Kedra B, Szmitkowski M, Chrostek L. Changes in Transferrin Isoforms in Pancreatic Cancer. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:286-90 pubmed..Moreover, the data suggests that the alterations in transferrin glycosylation/sialylation in pancreatic cancer differ from the alterations in some other cancers. ..
- Grzegorzewska A, Niepolski L, Mostowska A, Warchoł W, Jagodziński P. Involvement of adropin and adropin-associated genes in metabolic abnormalities of hemodialysis patients. Life Sci. 2016;160:41-46 pubmed publisher..In HD patients, lower plasma adropin concentration is associated with dyslipidemia. Major homozygosity of RXRA seems to have an opposite effect on plasma adropin compared with that of ENHO rs2281997. ..
- Ciesielska U, Zatonski T, Nowińska K, Ratajczak Wielgomas K, Grzegrzolka J, Piotrowska A, et al. Expression of Cell Cycle-related Proteins p16, p27 and Ki-67 Proliferating Marker in Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinomas and in Laryngeal Papillomas. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2407-2415 pubmed..Our study has confirmed that altered expressions of the p16 and p27 proteins might be useful biomarkers in the progression of laryngeal squamous cell carcinomas (LSCC). ..
- Swiecicka A, Lunt M, Ahern T, O Neill T, Bartfai G, Casanueva F, et al. Nonandrogenic Anabolic Hormones Predict Risk of Frailty: European Male Ageing Study Prospective Data. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2798-2806 pubmed publisher..These longitudinal data confirm the associations between nonandrogenic anabolic hormones and the changes in frailty status. Interventional studies are needed to establish causality and determine therapeutic implications. ..
- Bebenek M, Dus D, Kozlak J. Fas expression in primary breast cancer is related to neoplastic infiltration of perilymphatic fat. Adv Med Sci. 2008;53:49-53 pubmed publisher..Consequently, both the absence of Fas in the primary tumor and the occurrence of neoplatic cells in paranodal fatty tissue should be considered in the prognosis, complementing existing conventional factors. ..
- Torres K, Chroscicki A, Golonka A, Torres A, Staskiewicz G, Palczak R, et al. The course of the cystic artery during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Folia Morphol (Warsz). 2009;68:140-3 pubmed..Significantly more frequently variants of cystic artery were observed in women. However, the time of the procedure was not significantly related with the type of cystic artery...
- GÅ‚owacka K, Orzechowska Juzwenko K, Bieniek A, Wiela HojeÅ„ska A, Hurkacz M. Optimization of lidocaine application in tumescent local anesthesia. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:641-53 pubmed..5 to 4 h after its infusion. This indicates the need for carefully conducted patient observations immediately after infiltration into the aforementioned areas. ..
- Polańska B, Augustyniak D, Makulska I, Niemczuk M, Zwolinska D, Jankowski A. Elastase, ?1-proteinase inhibitor, and interleukin-8 in pre-dialyzed and hemodialyzed patients with chronic kidney disease. Pediatr Int. 2010;52:735-43 pubmed publisher..NE-?(1) PI seems to be a much better indicator of an inflammatory state in CKD patients than free ?(1)-PI or IL-8. ..
- Kowalski M, Cieslak M, Pérez Novo C, Makowska J, Bachert C. Clinical and immunological determinants of severe/refractory asthma (SRA): association with Staphylococcal superantigen-specific IgE antibodies. Allergy. 2011;66:32-8 pubmed publisher..84). Specific immunological response to enterotoxins is associated with clinical and immunological parameters of asthma severity, suggesting a role for Staphylococcal enterotoxins in the asthma pathogenesis. ..
- Lemancewicz D, Bolkun L, Jablonska E, Czeczuga Semeniuk E, Kostur A, Kloczko J, et al. The role of Interleukin-17A and Interleukin-17E in multiple myeloma patients. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18:BR54-59 pubmed..There seems to be some balance between the effects of IL-17A and IL-17E. The role of increased levels of IL-17E needs further investigation to understand its role in the pathobiology of MM. ..
- Krzeslak A, Wójcik Krowiranda K, Forma E, Jóźwiak P, Romanowicz H, Bienkiewicz A, et al. Expression of GLUT1 and GLUT3 glucose transporters in endometrial and breast cancers. Pathol Oncol Res. 2012;18:721-8 pubmed publisher..GLUT1 and GLUT3 seem to be important markers in endometrial and breast tumors differentiation. ..
- Jedryka M, Chrobak A, Chelmonska Soyta A, Gawron D, Halbersztadt A, Wojnar A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 expression in tumor infiltrating CD3 lymphocytes from women with endometrial cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:1303-9 pubmed..Further studies explaining the role of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in mediating the endometrial cancer milieu are needed. ..
- Gałecki P, Talarowska M, Bobinska K, Kowalczyk E, Gałecka E, Lewinski A. Thiol protein groups correlate with cognitive impairment in patients with recurrent depressive disorder. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2013;34:780-6 pubmed..3) The elevated levels of plasma TPGs are related to impairment of the short-term and delayed declarative memory, verbal fluency and working memory. ..