Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Japan
Topic: middle aged
Publications759 found, 100 shown here
- Isomura M, Oya N, Tachiiri S, Kaneyasu Y, Nishimura Y, Akimoto T, et al. IL12RB2 and ABCA1 genes are associated with susceptibility to radiation dermatitis. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6683-9 pubmed publisher..To elucidate genetic polymorphisms associated with a susceptibility to radiation-induced dermatitis, a large-scale single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis using DNA samples from 156 patients with breast cancer was conducted...
- Watanuki J, Hatakeyama K, Sonoki T, Tatetsu H, Yoshida K, Fujii S, et al. Bone marrow large B cell lymphoma bearing cyclin D3 expression: clinical, morphologic, immunophenotypic, and genotypic analyses of seven patients. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:217-225 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to determine whether CCND3 expression is associated with a unique subset of diffuse large B cell lymphoma. ..
- Katano H, Ito H, Suzuki Y, Nakamura T, Sato Y, Tsuji T, et al. Detection of Merkel cell polyomavirus in Merkel cell carcinoma and Kaposi's sarcoma. J Med Virol. 2009;81:1951-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the prevalence of MCPyV is low in Japan, and is at least partly associated with the pathogenesis of Merkel cell carcinoma...
- Sato N, Ohsawa I, Nagamachi S, Ishii M, Kusaba G, Inoshita H, et al. Significance of glomerular activation of the alternative pathway and lectin pathway in lupus nephritis. Lupus. 2011;20:1378-86 pubmed publisher..Traces of glomerular activation of AP and LP reflected the clinical status of LN. It appears that glomerular deposition of each complement component, especially properdin, may be an index of the histological activity of LN. ..
- Rokutanda T, Izumiya Y, Miura M, Fukuda S, Shimada K, Izumi Y, et al. Passive exercise using whole-body periodic acceleration enhances blood supply to ischemic hindlimb. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2872-80 pubmed publisher..WBPA is a potentially suitable noninvasive intervention to facilitate therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Kusunoki Y, Katsuno T, Myojin M, Miyakoshi K, Ikawa T, Matsuo T, et al. Effect of additional administration of acarbose on blood glucose fluctuations and postprandial hyperglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus under treatment with alogliptin. Endocr J. 2013;60:431-9 pubmed..The beneficial effects may also protect the endocrine pancreas and inhibit body weight gain. ..
- Kitagawa N, Kondo S, Wakisaka N, Zen Y, Nakanishi Y, Tsuji A, et al. Expression of seven-in-absentia homologue 1 and hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha: novel prognostic factors of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2013;331:52-7 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to evaluate the pattern and clinical significance of Siah1 and HIF1α expression in NPC, and such an evaluation is valuable for identifying those patients at a high risk for a poor prognosis. ..
- Kitamura K, Nishiyama T, Ishiyama K, Miyawaki S, Miyazaki K, Suzuki K, et al. Clinical usefulness of WT1 mRNA expression in bone marrow detected by a new WT1 mRNA assay kit for monitoring acute myeloid leukemia: a comparison with expression of WT1 mRNA in peripheral blood. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:53-62 pubmed publisher..As reported in PB, WT1 mRNA expression in BM was found to be a useful marker for monitoring disease status as well as for a diagnosis of early stage relapse in AML patients. ..
- Tani A, Nakajo M, Tsuchimochi S, Nakabeppu Y, Umanodan T. Adrenal incidentalomas showing unilateral concordant visualization by adrenocortical scintigraphy: comparison with adenomas in Cushing's syndrome. Ann Nucl Med. 2000;14:205-12 pubmed..These results suggest that the UCV-incidentaloma may be essentially different from the Cushing's adenoma and unlikely to develop Cushing's syndrome. ..
- Nakae H, Zheng Y, Wada H, Tajimi K, Endo S. Involvement of IL-18 and soluble fas in patients with postoperative hepatic failure. Eur Surg Res. 2003;35:61-6 pubmed..They especially suggested that IL-18 and TNF-alpha function both as apoptosis-promoting factors and as apoptosis-inhibiting factors, depending on the conditions to which hepatocytes are subjected. ..
- Kojima M, Nakamura S, Motoori T, Itoh H, Shimizu K, Yamane N, et al. Progressive transformation of germinal centers: a clinicopathological study of 42 Japanese patients. Int J Surg Pathol. 2003;11:101-7 pubmed..Moreover, in Japan, PTGC is thought to be involved in the etiology of florid reactive follicular hyperplasia in elderly patients. ..
- Toyama T, Hoshizaki H, Seki R, Isobe N, Oshima S, Taniguchi K, et al. Evaluation of myocardial viability following acute myocardial infarction using 201Tl SPECT after thallium-glucose-insulin infusion--comparison with 18F-FDG positron emission tomography. Ann Nucl Med. 2004;18:463-8 pubmed..In the detection of myocardial viability following AMI, GIK-201Tl imaging is useful with findings similar to those of 18F-FDG-PET. ..
- Fujitani K, Narahara H, Takiuchi H, Tsujinaka T, Satomi E, Gotoh M, et al. Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of S-1 combined with weekly paclitaxel in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Oncology. 2005;69:414-20 pubmed..This regimen could represent a novel and low toxic combination for advanced gastric cancer. ..
- Fujii M. [Combination therapy with S-1 and CDDP for head and neck cancer]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2006;33 Suppl 1:150-4 pubmed..The efficacy and adverse effects of CDDP plus S-1 should be studied in carefully designed phase II/III trials. S-1 will be one of the key drugs for HNSCC in the future. ..
- Kojima M, Motoori T, Asano S, Nakamura S. Histological diversity of reactive and atypical proliferative lymph node lesions in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Pathol Res Pract. 2007;203:423-31 pubmed
- Harada M, Inoue T, Hamano K. Choriocarcinoma of the sigmoid colon: report of a case. Surg Today. 2012;42:93-6 pubmed publisher..Radical surgery combined with chemotherapy gives the best chance of long-term survival...
- Miyamoto S, Arikawa M, Fujiki M, Kawai A, Kobayashi E, Sakuraba M. The Superior Rectal Artery as a Recipient Vessel for Free Flap Transfer After Partial Sacrectomy in Patients With Chordoma. Ann Plast Surg. 2016;76:315-7 pubmed publisher..We believe that the superior rectal artery is a versatile recipient vessel for free flap transfer to reconstruct sacrectomy defects. ..
- Sasaki M, Umeda T, Iwaoka T, Inoue J, Sato T. Combined reserpine and pituitary irradiation therapy for Cushing's disease patients following unsuccessful transsphenoidal microsurgery. Endocrinol Jpn. 1990;37:591-7 pubmed..These results suggest that additional treatment with reserpine and pituitary irradiation or with reserpine alone after unsuccessful TPM may be an effective alternative for patients with Cushing's disease. ..
- Yazawa I, Nukina N, Hashida H, Goto J, Yamada M, Kanazawa I. Abnormal gene product identified in hereditary dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA) brain. Nat Genet. 1995;10:99-103 pubmed
- Adachi J, Ueno Y, Miwa A, Asano M, Nishimura A, Tatsuno Y. Epicoprostanol found in adipocere from five human autopsies. Lipids. 1997;32:1155-60 pubmed..In addition, we showed the time-course of epicoprostanol accumulation. The relationship between the time of adipocere formation and the characteristic lipid composition is discussed. ..
- Abe T, Matsuda H, Shindo J, Nonomura K, Koyanagi T. Ectopic pheochromocytoma arising in the spermatic cord 5 years after removal of bilateral carotid body tumors and adrenal pheochromocytomas. Int J Urol. 2000;7:110-1 pubmed..This is thought to be the first case of pheochromocytoma of the spermatic cord in a setting of multiplicity...
- Yasuda T, Yamaguchi N, Kobayashi K, Nishi I, Horinouchi H, Jalil M, et al. Identification of two novel mutations in the SLC25A13 gene and detection of seven mutations in 102 patients with adult-onset type II citrullinemia. Hum Genet. 2000;107:537-45 pubmed..From these findings, we hypothesize that CTLN2 is caused by a complete deletion of citrin, although the mechanism of ASS deficiency is still unknown...
- Tagawa N, Takano T, Fukata S, Kuma K, Tada H, Izumi Y, et al. Serum concentration of androstenediol and androstenediol sulfate in patients with hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Endocr J. 2001;48:345-54 pubmed..Thyroid hormone may stimulate the synthesis of these steroids and sulfotransferase is speculated to be increased in hyperthyroidism. Increased ADIOLS might contribute to menstrual disturbances and gynecomastia in hyperthyroidism. ..
- Kubota T, Horie M, Takano M, Yoshida H, Takenaka K, Watanabe E, et al. Evidence for a single nucleotide polymorphism in the KCNQ1 potassium channel that underlies susceptibility to life-threatening arrhythmias. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2001;12:1223-9 pubmed
- Tokunaga T, Kita Y, Yamamoto T. [A case of the persistent vegetative state following symmetrical peduncular infarction]. No To Shinkei. 2002;54:57-61 pubmed
- Ikeda M, Furukawa H, Imamura H, Shimizu J, Ishida H, Masutani S, et al. Poor prognosis associated with thrombocytosis in patients with gastric cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2002;9:287-91 pubmed..9%, respectively. PLT was identified as an independent prognostic factor after lymph node metastasis and depth of tumor invasion. Thrombocytosis is an independent prognostic indicator of survival in patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Kitamura A, Hasegawa G, Obayashi H, Kamiuchi K, Ishii M, Yano M, et al. Interleukin-6 polymorphism (-634C/G) in the promotor region and the progression of diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2002;19:1000-5 pubmed..05). These results suggest that the IL-6-634C/G polymorphism may be a possible genetic susceptibility factor for the progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Ito K, Ito S, Sekine M, Abe M. Reconstruction of the soft tissue of a deep diabetic foot wound with artificial dermis and recombinant basic fibroblast growth factor. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;115:567-72 pubmed
- Furuya S, Masumori N, Furuya R, Tsukamoto T, Isomura H, Tamakawa M. Characterization of localized seminal vesicle amyloidosis causing hemospermia: an analysis using immunohistochemistry and magnetic resonance imaging. J Urol. 2005;173:1273-7 pubmed..Localized SVA with hemospermia shows hypointensity on T2-weighted MRI. Hemospermia is spontaneously resolved with the transition from hyperintense to hypointense T1-weighted MRI. ..
- Yamasaki Y, Yamada H, Yamasaki M, Ohkubo M, Azuma K, Matsuoka S, et al. Intravenous cyclophosphamide therapy for progressive interstitial pneumonia in patients with polymyositis/dermatomyositis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2007;46:124-30 pubmed..In this open-label study, IVCYC improved symptoms, pulmonary function tests and HRCT findings in patients with PM/DM. Longitudinal controlled studies are required to further confirm the efficacy of IVCYC. ..
- Yoshimura S, Enomoto Y, Kitajima H, Yamada J, Kaku Y, Iwama T. Carotid-compression technique for the insertion of guiding catheters. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006;27:1710-1 pubmed..Although this technique is not risk-free and care must be taken to avoid vascular injury by excessive compression, it is useful for the insertion of a guiding catheter into the carotid artery. ..
- Otomi Y, Otsuka H, Morita N, Terazawa K, Harada M, Nishitani H. A case of von Recklinghausen's disease with coincident malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor and gastrointestinal stromal tumor. J Med Invest. 2009;56:76-9 pubmed..Therefore, vRd patients need to have periodical examinations including PET/CT. We present a rare case of a patient with vRd with a MPNST of the left femur and coincidental GIST of the small intestine. February, 2009...
- Sakamaki H, Ishizawa K, Taniwaki M, Fujisawa S, Morishima Y, Tobinai K, et al. Phase 1/2 clinical study of dasatinib in Japanese patients with chronic myeloid leukemia or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:332-341 pubmed publisher..Dasatinib therapy resulted in high rates of hematologic and cytogenetic response, suggesting that dasatinib is promising as a new treatment for Japanese CML and Ph(+) ALL patients resistant or intolerant to imatinib. ..
- Oishi A, Hata M, Shimozono M, Mandai M, Nishida A, Kurimoto Y. The significance of external limiting membrane status for visual acuity in age-related macular degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2010;150:27-32.e1 pubmed publisher..Foveal thickness showed V-shaped correlation, with the dividing line around 200 mum. ELM status may be more useful than is IS/OS status in evaluation of retinal morphology and function in patients with AMD. ..
- Takeuchi S, Soma Y, Kawakami T. IgM in lesional skin of adults with Henoch-Schönlein purpura is an indication of renal involvement. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;63:1026-9 pubmed publisher..We believe that IgM deposition could be related to the pathogenic factors that trigger the development of renal involvement. ..
- Kakuta E, Yamashita N, Katsube T, Kushiyama Y, Suetsugu H, Furuta K, et al. Abdominal symptom-related QOL in individuals visiting an outpatient clinic and those attending an annual health check. Intern Med. 2011;50:1517-22 pubmed..Abdominal symptom-related QOL impairment is considered to lead patients to seek medical care, though different symptoms have varying levels of influence. ..
- Ohba K, Noh J, Unno T, Satoh T, Iwahara K, Matsushita A, et al. Falsely elevated thyroid hormone levels caused by anti-ruthenium interference in the Elecsys assay resembling the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of thyrotropin. Endocr J. 2012;59:663-7 pubmed..This type of interference should be considered when thyroid function is measured using the Elecsys technique, although the frequency of such findings is likely very low...
- Oyama Y, Tamiya N, Kashiwagi M, Sato M, Ohwaki K, Yano E. Factors that allow elderly individuals to stay at home with their families using the Japanese long-term care insurance system. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2013;13:764-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the policy for the promotion of HN service use will be important to achieve the ultimate goal of LTCI, which is to allow elderly people to live in their communities for as long as possible. ..
- Nakajima N, Hata Y, Kusumuto K. A clinical study on the influence of hydration volume on the signs of terminally ill cancer patients with abdominal malignancies. J Palliat Med. 2013;16:185-9 pubmed publisher..The potential benefits of artificial hydration therapy should be balanced with the risk of worsening fluid retention signs. ..
- Fuse N, Kuboki Y, Kuwata T, Nishina T, Kadowaki S, Shinozaki E, et al. Prognostic impact of HER2, EGFR, and c-MET status on overall survival of advanced gastric cancer patients. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:183-91 pubmed publisher..02-1.67); P = 0.037]. The study suggested that c-MET-positive status had poor prognostic value. These data could be used as the basis for future clinical trials for targeting agents for advanced gastric cancer patients. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Manabe H, Izumi B, Tanaka H, Kawai K, Tanaka N. The Efficacy of Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Using Transcranial Electrically Stimulated Muscle-evoked Potentials (TcE-MsEPs) for Predicting Postoperative Segmental Upper Extremity Motor Paresis After Cervical Laminoplasty. Clin Spine Surg. 2016;29:E188-95 pubmed publisher..A >50% wave amplitude decrease in the biceps is useful to predict acute-type segmental upper extremity palsy. Further examination about the interventions for monitoring alarm will be essential for preventing palsy. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Yokoyama Y, Ebata T, Matsuda A, Kuno A, Ikehara Y, et al. Verification of WFA-Sialylated MUC1 as a Sensitive Biliary Biomarker for Human Biliary Tract Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:671-7 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity of WFA-sialylated MUC1 was clearly higher than that of biliary cytology. Further data collection is necessary to validate the clinical usefulness of this biomarker. ..
- Nose T, Otani Y, Asahi S, Tsukiyama I, Dokiya T, Saeki T, et al. A Japanese prospective multi-institutional feasibility study on accelerated partial breast irradiation using interstitial brachytherapy: clinical results with a median follow-up of 26Â months. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:861-868 pubmed..Disease control and sequelae were satisfactory due to the strict eligibility and protocol-defined treatment parameters. The cosmetic outcomes were comparable to those of previous Japanese breast-conserving therapy series. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Miyashita T, Takaki S, Goto T. Perioperative considerations in adult mitochondrial disease: A case series and a review of 111 cases. Mitochondrion. 2016;26:26-32 pubmed publisher..Perioperative complications of lactic acidosis were reported more in inhalation anesthesia than intravenous anesthesia. Therefore we recommended intravenous anesthesia rather than inhalation anesthesia for adult mitochondrial disease. ..
- Akiyama T, Seishima M, Watanabe H, Nakatani A, Mori S, Kitajima Y. The relationships of onset and exacerbation of pustulosis palmaris et plantaris to smoking and focal infections. J Dermatol. 1995;22:930-4 pubmed..2% and 9.8% for males and females. These results suggest that heavy smoking, tonsillitis, and seasonal factors such as high humidity and high temperature may be related to the onset and exacerbation of PPP. ..
- Tsurusaki T, Koji T, Sakai H, Kanetake H, Nakane P, Saito Y. Cellular expression of beta-microseminoprotein (beta-MSP) mRNA and its protein in untreated prostate cancer. Prostate. 1998;35:109-16 pubmed..0%). Our results showed a lower level of expression of beta-MSP in prostate cancer tissue, compared with benign prostate tissue. This phenomenon may be mainly due to the presence of reduced levels of beta-MSP mRNA. ..
- Yasuda T, Takeshita H, Iida R, Tsutsumi S, Nakajima T, Hosomi O, et al. Structure and organization of the human deoxyribonuclease II (DNase II) gene. Ann Hum Genet. 1998;62:299-305 pubmed..However, a comparison of the entire translated sequences of the gene from a pair of subjects with homozygous DNase II phenotypes H and L revealed no differences in the nucleotide sequences. ..
- Sato M. Magnetic resonance imaging and tendon anomaly associated with congenital superior oblique palsy. Am J Ophthalmol. 1999;127:379-87 pubmed..Anomalous superior oblique tendons are nearly always associated with attenuated superior oblique muscle and this information provides us with an explanation for the phenomenon of laxity of the superior oblique tendon. ..
- Gocho K, Kondo I, Yamaki K. Identification of autoreactive T cells in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:2004-9 pubmed..To determine the finer specificity and immunologic features of autoreactive T cells in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) disease...
- Namba A, Abe S, Shinkawa H, Kimberling W, Usami S. Genetic features of hearing loss associated with ear anomalies: PDS and EYA1 mutation analysis. J Hum Genet. 2001;46:518-21 pubmed..The genetic approach provides a strong tool for the diagnosis of hearing loss associated with ear anomalies. ..
- Oshiro Y, Kusumoto M, Matsuno Y, Asamura H, Tsuchiya R, Terasaki H, et al. CT findings of surgically resected large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung in 38 patients. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004;182:87-91 pubmed
- Maruyama K, Sakai H, Miyazawa H, Iijima K, Toda N, Kawahara S, et al. Laryngotracheal application of lidocaine spray increases the incidence of postoperative sore throat after total intravenous anesthesia. J Anesth. 2004;18:237-40 pubmed..We recommend that applications of lidocaine spray to the laryngotracheal area should be avoided to help eliminate unnecessary postoperative sore throat, thereby leading to improvement in patient satisfaction. ..
- Nakai K, Yamamoto T, Yasuda S, Matsumura A. Brain abscess following intracerebral haemorrhage. J Clin Neurosci. 2006;13:1047-51 pubmed..Therefore, abscess formation appears to be caused by haematogenous seeding of infection in patients with ICH. Abscess formation should be considered when a patient deteriorates clinically with a febrile episode after an ICH...
- Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Nakamura N, Koyanagi H, Tago M, Igaki H, et al. Exceptionally high incidence of symptomatic grade 2-5 radiation pneumonitis after stereotactic radiation therapy for lung tumors. Radiat Oncol. 2007;2:21 pubmed..MLD had the strongest correlation with V5. Even in SRT, when large volumes of lung parenchyma are irradiated to such high doses as the minimum dose within planning target volume, the incidence of lung toxicity can become high. ..
- Iwasaki M, Hida K, Yano S, Iwasaki Y. [Case of cervical monostotic fibrous dysplasia with a large cyst]. No Shinkei Geka. 2008;36:429-33 pubmed..Such cysts are considered to reflect a tumor regression process. Diagnosis based on MRI and CT study alone is difficult. We suggest that these lesions be surgically resected. ..
- Toyama M, Matsumura Y, Tamenishi A, Okamoto H. Safety of mild hypothermic circulatory arrest with selective cerebral perfusion. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2009;17:500-4 pubmed publisher..7%) suffered permanent neurologic dysfunction. No postoperative spinal cord dysfunction was observed. Mild hypothermic circulatory arrest with antegrade selective cerebral perfusion could be performed safely in our patient population. ..
- Fujita K, Yamamoto T, Kamezaki T, Matsumura A. Efficacy of keishibukuryogan, a traditional Japanese herbal medicine, in treating cold sensation and numbness after stroke: clinical improvement and skin temperature normalization in 22 stroke patients. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:1-5; discussion 5-6 pubmed..Keishibukuryogan administration resulted in warming of diseased limbs and improved cold sensation and numbness, probably by increasing peripheral blood flow. ..
- Nakayama J, Miyasaka K, Omatsu T, Onodera Y, Terae S, Matsuno Y, et al. Metastases in mediastinal and hilar lymph nodes in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: quantitative assessment with diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging and apparent diffusion coefficient. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2010;34:1-8 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference (P > 0.05) between quantitative analyses of DW-MR images and STIR-MR images. Quantitative analysis of DW-MR images enables differentiation of lymph nodes with metastasis from those without. ..
- Okamoto N, Nakatani T, Okamoto Y, Iwamoto J, Saeki K, Kurumatani N. Increasing the number of steps walked each day improves physical fitness in Japanese community-dwelling adults. Int J Sports Med. 2010;31:277-82 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that increasing the number of steps walked daily improves physical fitness. No significant relationships were observed between the change in physical fitness and ACE genotypes. ..
- Hara K, Yahara K, Gotoh K, Nakazono Y, Kashiwagi T, Imamura Y, et al. Clinical study concerning the relationship between community-acquired pneumonia and viral infection in northern Thailand. Intern Med. 2011;50:991-8 pubmed..The underlying chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) seems to be correlated with the severity of illness. ..
- Kawamoto R, Tabara Y, Kohara K, Miki T, Kusunoki T, Katho T, et al. Serum high molecular weight adiponectin correlates with arterial stiffness in community-dwelling persons. Endocr Res. 2011;36:53-63 pubmed publisher..Inclusion of serum HMW adiponectin into the model further increased the coefficient of determination (R(2)). Multivariate-adjusted mean PWV was significantly lowest in the highest serum HMW adiponectin group. ..
- Kataoka Y, Ikezono T, Fukushima K, Yuen K, Maeda Y, Sugaya A, et al. Cochlin-tomoprotein (CTP) detection test identified perilymph leakage preoperatively in revision stapes surgery. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2013;40:422-4 pubmed publisher..When PLF is suspected after stapes surgery, the CTP detection test can be a useful, highly sensitive, and less invasive method for preoperative diagnosis...
- Mizumoto M, Okumura T, Ishikawa E, Yamamoto T, Takano S, Matsumura A, et al. Reirradiation for recurrent malignant brain tumor with radiotherapy or proton beam therapy. Technical considerations based on experience at a single institution. Strahlenther Onkol. 2013;189:656-63 pubmed publisher..Reirradiation for recurrent malignant brain tumor using conventional RT, SRT, or PBT was feasible and effective in selected cases. Further investigation is needed for treatment optimization for a given patient and tumor condition. ..
- Igari K, Inoue Y, Iwai T. The Epidemiologic and Clinical Findings of Patients with Buerger Disease. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;30:263-9 pubmed publisher..It is possible that not only the cessation of smoking, but also the improvement of periodontal care could improve the clinical symptoms related to Buerger disease. ..
- Takehana K, Kodaira T, Tachibana H, Kimura K, Shimizu A, Makita C, et al. Retrospective analysis of the clinical efficacy of definitive chemoradiotherapy for patients with hypopharyngeal cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2016;46:344-9 pubmed publisher..1, 17.4 and 9.5% at 6 months, 1 and 2 years after the completion of radiotherapy, respectively. The efficacy and safety of definitive chemoradiotherapy are considered feasible with sufficient laryngeal preservation. ..
- Ikeda H, Okuse C, Watanabe T, Matsumoto N, Matsunaga K, Shigefuku R, et al. Can the Abbott RealTime hepatitis C virus assay be used to predict therapeutic outcomes in hepatitis C virus-infected patients undergoing triple therapy?. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2016;27:165-72 pubmed publisher..9%. These results indicate that the presence or absence of serum HCV RNA, evaluated using ART at week 8 after the initiation of therapy, may be useful for predicting therapeutic outcomes in patients receiving triple therapy. ..
- Fuwa D, Fukuda M, Ogiyama Y, Sato R, Mizuno M, Miura T, et al. Addition of hydrochlorothiazide to angiotensin receptor blocker therapy can achieve a lower sodium balance with no acceleration of intrarenal renin angiotensin system in patients with chronic kidney disease. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17:1470320316652032 pubmed publisher..A further study is needed to demonstrate that the reduction of U(AGT)V by additional diuretics to ARBs prevents the progression of nephropathy or cardiovascular events. ..
- Ohkuma T, Ninomiya T, Tomiyama H, Kario K, Hoshide S, Kita Y, et al. Brachial-Ankle Pulse Wave Velocity and the Risk Prediction of Cardiovascular Disease: An Individual Participant Data Meta-Analysis. Hypertension. 2017;69:1045-1052 pubmed publisher..Thus, measurement of the baPWV could enhance the efficacy of prediction of the risk of development of CVD over that of the Framingham risk score, which is based on the traditional cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- Taniguchi Y, Tamiya A, Isa S, Nakahama K, Okishio K, Shiroyama T, et al. Predictive Factors for Poor Progression-free Survival in Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Treated with Nivolumab. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5857-5862 pubmed..Nivolumab has shown promising effects in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) as a second- or later-line treatment. This study aimed to identify patients who would not experience any benefit from nivolumab treatment...
- Aso S, Watanabe Y, Mizukoshi K. A clinical study of electrocochleography in Menière's disease. Acta Otolaryngol. 1991;111:44-52 pubmed..It is discussed whether biochemical or mechanical changes in endolymph may cause a decrease in SP/AP after the use of dehydrating agents and endolymphatic sac surgery...
- Miura T, Fukunaga T, Igarashi T, Yamashita M, Ido E, Funahashi S, et al. Phylogenetic subtypes of human T-lymphotropic virus type I and their relations to the anthropological background. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1124-7 pubmed..Thus, the topology of the phylogenetic tree reflects the movement of people carrying the virus in the past...
- Matsunaga S, Sakou T, Taketomi E, Nakanisi K. Effects of strain distribution in the intervertebral discs on the progression of ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligaments. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1996;21:184-9 pubmed..Strain distribution in the intervertebral discs was evaluated biomechanically using an engineering true strain calculation formula...
- Hirose M, Ishihara K, Saito A, Nakagawa T, Yamada S, Okuda K. Expression of cytokines and inducible nitric oxide synthase in inflamed gingival tissue. J Periodontol. 2001;72:590-7 pubmed..The presence of A. actinomycetemcomitans or P. gingivalis might relate to the different cytokine profiles of IL-1alpha, IL-8, and IL-10. ..
- Yasukawa M, Hamada M, Ohshima K. Pyothorax-associated lymphoma. Br J Haematol. 2002;119:293 pubmed
- Nakao Y, Motomura M, Fukudome T, Fukuda T, Shiraishi H, Yoshimura T, et al. Seronegative Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome: study of 110 Japanese patients. Neurology. 2002;59:1773-5 pubmed..The results of passive transfer experiments suggest that seronegative LEMS is also an autoantibody-mediated disorder. ..
- Akiyoshi T, Yamaguchi K, Chijiiwa K, Tanaka M. Cystadenocarcinoma of the liver without mesenchymal stroma: possible progression from a benign cystic lesion suspected by follow-up imagings. J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:588-92 pubmed
- Yamauchi H, Aminaka Y, Yoshida K, Sun G, Pi J, Waalkes M. Evaluation of DNA damage in patients with arsenic poisoning: urinary 8-hydroxydeoxyguanine. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2004;198:291-6 pubmed..This knowledge may contribute to our understanding of the risk elevation from arsenic carcinogenesis and perhaps be used in a prospective fashion to assess individual risk...
- Soeda J, Sekka T, Hasegawa S, Ishizu K, Ito E, Saguti T, et al. A case of primary small intestinal cancer diagnosed by laparoscopy. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2004;29:159-62 pubmed..Then, extensive jejunal resection involving sufficient lymph node dissection was performed as open surgery. Radical surgery was successfully performed. ..
- Ishikawa H, Saeki T, Otani T, Suzuki T, Shimozuma K, Nishino H, et al. Aged garlic extract prevents a decline of NK cell number and activity in patients with advanced cancer. J Nutr. 2006;136:816S-820S pubmed publisher..No adverse effect was observed in either group. The study showed that administering AGE to patients with advanced cancer of the digestive system improved NK cell activity, but caused no improvement in QOL. ..
- Ueno S, Kondo M, Piao C, Ikenoya K, Miyake Y, Terasaki H. Selective amplitude reduction of the PhNR after macular hole surgery: ganglion cell damage related to ICG-assisted ILM peeling and gas tamponade. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:3545-9 pubmed..The PhNR can be a useful clinical test to assess the inner retinal function objectively, before and after vitreoretinal surgery. ..
- Imaeda T, Hirata H, Toh S, Nakao Y, Nishida J, Ijichi M, et al. Comparative responsiveness of Japanese versions of the DASH and SF-36 questionnaires and physical measurement to clinical changes after carpal tunnel release. Hand Surg. 2006;11:27-33 pubmed..DASH-JSSH demonstrated more responsiveness to changes after carpal tunnel release than SF-36, VAS and physical measurements, and displayed correlations with subscales of SF-36. ..
- Hara K, Mori M, Ishitake T, Kitajima H, Sakai K, Nakaaki K, et al. Results of recognition tests on Japanese subjects of the labels presently used in Japan and the UN-GHS labels. J Occup Health. 2007;49:260-7 pubmed..Further, many subjects were unable to clearly distinguish 'skull and crossbones' from 'health hazard.' These results indicate that it is very important to impart correct education regarding these labels. ..
- Uchihara T, Okubo C, Tanaka R, Minami Y, Inadome Y, Iijima T, et al. Neuronatin expression and its clinicopathological significance in pulmonary non-small cell carcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2007;2:796-801 pubmed..Neuronatin expression is associated with poor prognosis in patients with adenocarcinoma, and may be useful as a prognostic marker for lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Kawada I, Soejima K, Watanabe H, Nakachi I, Yasuda H, Naoki K, et al. An alternative method for screening EGFR mutation using RFLP in non-small cell lung cancer patients. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:1096-103 pubmed publisher..One patient without any mutation responded. RFLP is a useful method for screening EGFR mutations and can also be applied to predicting the sensitivity of NSCLC patients to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors. ..
- Kato S, Aoshima H, Saitoh Y, Miwa N. Biological safety of LipoFullerene composed of squalane and fullerene-C60 upon mutagenesis, photocytotoxicity, and permeability into the human skin tissue. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2009;104:483-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, C60 dissolved in squalane may not give any significant biological toxic effects such as photocytotoxicity,bacterial reverse mutagenicity, and permeability into the human skin. ..
- Nakatani Y, Kojimoto M, Matsubara S, Takayanagi I. New legislation for offenders with mental disorders in Japan. Int J Law Psychiatry. 2010;33:7-12 pubmed publisher..Referring to the published data on outcomes of enforcement, this article discusses particularities, current problems, and future prospects of the system, drawing comparisons between the German and Japanese systems. ..
- Watanabe S, Tanaka J, Ota T, Kondo R, Tanaka H, Kagamu H, et al. Clinical responses to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor retreatment in non-small cell lung cancer patients who benefited from prior effective gefitinib therapy: a retrospective analysis. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:1 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that a 2(nd) EGFR-TKI treatment can be an effective treatment option for gefitinib responders. ..
- Uchiyama S, Ikeda Y, Urano Y, Horie Y, Yamaguchi T. The Japanese aggrenox (extended-release dipyridamole plus aspirin) stroke prevention versus aspirin programme (JASAP) study: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011;31:601-13 pubmed publisher..Possible reasons for this result include a small sample size, low event rates and too short a treatment duration (ClinicalTrials. gov number, NCT00311402). ..