Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Italy
Topic: middle aged
Publications1071 found, 100 shown here
- Bernante P, Francini Pesenti F, Toniato A, Zangrandi F, Pomerri F, Pelizzo M. Obstructive symptoms associated with the 9.75-cm Lap-Band in the first 24 hours using the pars flaccida approach. Obes Surg. 2005;15:357-60 pubmed
- Spinola M, Leoni V, Pignatiello C, Conti B, Ravagnani F, Pastorino U, et al. Functional FGFR4 Gly388Arg polymorphism predicts prognosis in lung adenocarcinoma patients. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:7307-11 pubmed..1 to 2.3; P = .008). In healthy lungs, FGFR4 did not show allele-specific expression and mRNA levels were not associated with genotype. This study suggests that FGFR4 Gly388Arg polymorphism may predict prognosis in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Specchio L, Gambardella A, Giallonardo A, Michelucci R, Specchio N, Boero G, et al. Open label, long-term, pragmatic study on levetiracetam in the treatment of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2006;71:32-9 pubmed..Five patients complained of side effects. This open-label study suggests levetiracetam may be effective and well tolerated in resistant cases of JME or may become a reasonable alternative to valproate in newly diagnosed patients. ..
- Carmignani L, Salvioni R, Gadda F, Colecchia M, Gazzano G, Torelli T, et al. Long-term followup and clinical characteristics of testicular Leydig cell tumor: experience with 24 cases. J Urol. 2006;176:2040-3; discussion 2043 pubmed..We performed a retrospective multicenter evaluation of clinical and histological characteristics as well as followup of Leydig cell tumors...
- Trecate G, Vergnaghi D, Manoukian S, Bergonzi S, Scaperrotta G, Marchesini M, et al. MRI in the early detection of breast cancer in women with high genetic risk. Tumori. 2006;92:517-23 pubmed
- Mata S, Corzani S, Biagiotti R, Piacentini S, Siracusa G, Giudizi M, et al. Influence of impaired T- and B-cell compartments on efficacy of IVIg in dysimmune neuropathies. Eur J Neurol. 2007;14:1147-53 pubmed..In DN, whereas T-cell number is reduced, activated T and B cells are increased, thus suggesting an intrinsic defect of the immune response. ..
- Messina G, Colombo E, Cassinerio E, Ferri F, Curti R, Altamura C, et al. Psychosocial aspects and psychiatric disorders in young adult with thalassemia major. Intern Emerg Med. 2008;3:339-43 pubmed publisher..Relying on these data, it was concluded that medical therapy of these patients should be supported with psychological aid and psychiatric treatment. ..
- Pucciarelli S, Del Bianco P, Efficace F, Serpentini S, Capirci C, De Paoli A, et al. Patient-reported outcomes after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancer: a multicenter prospective observational study. Ann Surg. 2011;253:71-7 pubmed publisher..001) with major clinically meaningful changes between baseline and 1 year after treatment. These findings add to the body of evidence available regarding pCRT and help clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions. ..
- Podda M, Luksch R, Polastri D, Gandola L, Piva L, Collini P, et al. Neuroblastoma in patients over 12 years old: a 20-year experience at the Istituto Nazionale Tumori of Milan. Tumori. 2010;96:684-9 pubmed..As neuroblastoma is rare in adolescents and exceedingly rare in adults, few series are reported in the literature. In the present study, we analyzed the outcomes and clinical characteristics of a mono-institutional series...
- Carta M, Mura G, Lecca M, Moro M, Bhat K, Angermeyer M, et al. Decreases in depression over 20 years in a mining area of Sardinia: due to selective migration?. J Affect Disord. 2012;141:255-60 pubmed publisher..However, due to certain limitations of this study, this hypothesis may be considered from a heuristic perspective. ..
- Corbo G, Inchingolo R, Sgueglia G, Lanza G, Valente S. C-reactive protein, lung hyperinflation and heart rate variability in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease --a pilot study. COPD. 2013;10:200-7 pubmed publisher..At rest and during submaximal exercise, COPD patients with moderate and severe disease had an abnormal cardiac autonomic modulation which was related to both systemic inflammation and lung function impairment. ..
- Danese E, Fava C, Beltrame F, Tavella D, Calabria S, Benati M, et al. Relationship between pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of clopidogrel in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: comparison between vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein phosphorylation assay and multiple electrode aggregometry. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:282-93 pubmed publisher..VASP-P could be useful in studies aimed at investigating relations between CAM bioavailability and clinical events. ..
- Ghezzi A, Mutta E, Bianchi F, Bonavita S, Buttari F, Caramma A, et al. Diagnostic tools for assessment of urinary dysfunction in MS patients without urinary disturbances. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:437-42 pubmed publisher..5%, Ï‡(2) = 56.9, p < 0.00001), and a longer disease duration (15.7 Â± 7.3 vs. 9.1 Â± 7.1, t = 5.7, p < 0.00001). Asymptomatic LUTS were frequent but none of the tests used permitted to better identify asymptomatic patients. ..
- Araki T, Ikeda N, Shukla D, Londhe N, Shrivastava V, Banchhor S, et al. A new method for IVUS-based coronary artery disease risk stratification: A link between coronary & carotid ultrasound plaque burdens. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2016;124:161-79 pubmed publisher..This is the first system of its kind for risk stratification as a screening tool to prevent excessive cost burden and better patients' cardiovascular disease management, while validating our two hypotheses. ..
- Vitali M, Canevari F, Cattalani A, Grasso V, Somma T, Barbanera A. Direct fascia lata reconstruction to reduce donor site morbidity in endoscopic endonasal extended surgery: a pilot study. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;144:59-63 pubmed publisher..These are promising results. However further studies are needed to see this technique approved. ..
- Giarin M, Giaccone L, Sorasio R, Sfiligoi C, Amoroso B, Cavallo F, et al. Serum free light chain ratio, total kappa/lambda ratio, and immunofixation results are not prognostic factors after stem cell transplantation for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. Clin Chem. 2009;55:1510-6 pubmed publisher..Our analysis with a small cohort of patients did not show a significant impact of achieving complete response (CR) or stringent CR on patient survival. ..
- Ghigo E, Biller B, Colao A, Kourides I, Rajicic N, Hutson R, et al. Comparison of pegvisomant and long-acting octreotide in patients with acromegaly naïve to radiation and medical therapy. J Endocrinol Invest. 2009;32:924-33 pubmed publisher..Pegvisomant had a more favorable effect on parameters of glycemic control. ..
- Padua L, Insola A, LoMonaco M, Denaro F, Padua R, Tonali P. A case of Guyon syndrome with neuroapraxic block resolved after surgical decompression. Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol. 1998;109:191-3 pubmed..To our knowledge, no cases of Guyon syndrome with neuroapraxic block are reported in the literature...
- Ghia P, Strola G, Granziero L, Geuna M, Guida G, Sallusto F, et al. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia B cells are endowed with the capacity to attract CD4+, CD40L+ T cells by producing CCL22. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:1403-13 pubmed
- Venanzoni M, Giunta S, Muraro G, Storari L, Crescini C, Mazzucchelli R, et al. Apolipoprotein E expression in localized prostate cancers. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:779-86 pubmed..Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasias (PINs) adjacent to clinically manifested cancer were positive whereas more distant PINs were negative for ApoE. ApoE may represent a marker of more aggressive cells in human prostate cancers. ..
- Leonardi A, Busca F, Tavolato M, Secchi A. The anti-allergic effects of a cromolyn sodium-chlorpheniramine combination compared to ketotifen in the conjunctival allergen challenge model. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:128-33 pubmed..05% on the clinical allergic reaction induced by the conjunctival allergen challenge (CAC)...
- Trevisani M, Amadesi S, Schmidlin F, Poblete M, Bardella E, Maggiore B, et al. Bradykinin B2 receptors mediate contraction in the normal and inflamed human gallbladder in vitro. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:126-35 pubmed..All the components of the kinin system are expressed in the human gallbladder. Bradykinin is a powerful spasmogen via B(2) receptor activation in the normal and, especially, in the inflamed human gallbladder. ..
- Mastropasqua M, Maiorano E, Pruneri G, Orvieto E, Mazzarol G, Vento A, et al. Immunoreactivity for c-kit and p63 as an adjunct in the diagnosis of adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:1277-82 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that immunoreactivity for c-kit and/or p63 may be useful in differentiating adenoid cystic carcinomas from other types of breast cancer. ..
- Coruzzi P, Parati G, Brambilla L, Brambilla V, Gualerzi M, Novarini A, et al. Effects of salt sensitivity on neural cardiovascular regulation in essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2005;46:1321-6 pubmed
- Florena A, Tripodo C, Porcasi R, Ingrao S, Fadda M, De Cantis S, et al. Immunophenotypic profile and role of adhesion molecules in splenic marginal zone lymphoma with bone marrow involvement. Leuk Lymphoma. 2006;47:49-57 pubmed..E-selectin, L-selectin and beta-1 integrin proved constantly negative. These data suggest that different expression of AM can influence the modality of BM infiltration in SMZL. ..
- Conigliaro R, Camellini L, Zuliani C, Sassatelli R, Mortilla M, Bertoni G, et al. Clearance of irretrievable bile duct and pancreatic duct stones by extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy, using a transportable device: effectiveness and medium-term results. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2006;40:213-9 pubmed..The use of a transportable ESWL generator may be a valuable option in centers, while ensuring a sufficient proficiency in biliary endoscopy. ..
- Sodi A, Ioannidis A, Mehta A, Davey C, Beck M, Pitz S. Ocular manifestations of Fabry's disease: data from the Fabry Outcome Survey. Br J Ophthalmol. 2007;91:210-4 pubmed..The presence of cornea verticillata is a useful aid in the diagnosis of Fabry's disease, as it is often present at the time of diagnosis. Vessel tortuosity may have some predictive value for systemic involvement. ..
- Macchi A, Ardito F, Marchese A, Schito G, Fadda G. Efficacy of N-acetyl-cysteine in combination with thiamphenicol in sequential (intramuscular/aerosol) therapy of upper respiratory tract infections even when sustained by bacterial biofilms. J Chemother. 2006;18:507-13 pubmed..Very few adverse events attributable to TGA were reported in this cohort of patients. In no case was discontinuation of treatment deemed necessary by the attending physician...
- Pucci L, Geppetti A, Maggini V, Lucchesi D, Maria Rossi A, Longo V. CYP1A2 F21L and F186L polymorphisms in an Italian population sample. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2007;22:220-2 pubmed..Thus, this study supports the view that ethnicity is a relevant factor to be carefully considered in pharmacogenetic studies. ..
- Bonato M, Priftis K, Marenzi R, Zorzi M. Modulation of hemispatial neglect by directional and numerical cues in the line bisection task. Neuropsychologia. 2008;46:426-33 pubmed..The increased variability in line bisection performance is consistent with the "indifference zone" theory and it appears to be a subtle but stable marker of neglect. ..
- Capsoni F, Ongari A, Frigerio E, Taglioni M, Altomare G. Effect of Efalizumab on neutrophil and monocyte functions in patients with psoriasis. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2008;21:437-45 pubmed..Our findings suggest that neutrophils and monocytes may be among the targets of efalizumab activity in patients with psoriasis. ..
- Barboro P, Repaci E, Rubagotti A, Salvi S, Boccardo S, Spina B, et al. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K: altered pattern of expression associated with diagnosis and prognosis of prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009;100:1608-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that hnRNP K has potential implications at the diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic levels in PCa. ..
- Braga M, Ljungqvist O, Soeters P, Fearon K, Weimann A, Bozzetti F. ESPEN Guidelines on Parenteral Nutrition: surgery. Clin Nutr. 2009;28:378-86 pubmed publisher..In those patients who are unable to be fed via the enteral route after surgery, and in whom total or near total parenteral nutrition is required, a full range of vitamins and trace elements should be supplemented on a daily basis. ..
- Caputi L, Carriero M, Falcone C, Parati E, Piotti P, Materazzo C, et al. Transcranial Doppler and transesophageal echocardiography: comparison of both techniques and prospective clinical relevance of transcranial Doppler in patent foramen ovale detection. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009;18:343-8 pubmed publisher..The combination of cTEE and cTCD could be considered the real gold standard for PFO in the near future. ..
- Monticone M, Baiardi P, Nava T, Rocca B, Foti C. The Italian version of the Sickness Impact Profile-Roland Scale for chronic pain: cross-cultural adaptation, reliability, validity and sensitivity to change. Disabil Rehabil. 2011;33:1299-305 pubmed publisher..The measure can be recommended for use in research and clinical practice to improve the assessment of physical dysfunction in subjects with chronic pain. ..
- Trabattoni D, Fabbiocchi F, Montorsi P, Galli S, Teruzzi G, Grancini L, et al. Sustained long-term benefit of patent foramen ovale closure on migraine. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011;77:570-4 pubmed publisher..Percutaneous PFO closure in migraineurs may provide beneficial mid-term and long-term results, with significant reduction in the intensity and frequency of headache symptoms. ..
- Crisafulli C, Chiesa A, Han C, Lee S, Park M, Balzarro B, et al. Case-control association study for 10 genes in patients with schizophrenia: influence of 5HTR1A variation rs10042486 on schizophrenia and response to antipsychotics. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2012;262:199-205 pubmed publisher..However, taking into account the several limitations of our study, further research is needed to draw more definitive conclusions. ..
- Migliardi G, Sassi F, Torti D, Galimi F, Zanella E, Buscarino M, et al. Inhibition of MEK and PI3K/mTOR suppresses tumor growth but does not cause tumor regression in patient-derived xenografts of RAS-mutant colorectal carcinomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:2515-25 pubmed publisher..However, data offer cautionary evidence against the occurrence of durable responses. ..
- Matei D, Renne G, Pimentel M, Sandri M, Zorzino L, Botteri E, et al. Neuroendocrine differentiation in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a systematic diagnostic attempt. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2012;10:164-73 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are required to validate this panel and better characterize potential responders to targeted therapy. ..
- Zanini B, Ricci C, Bandera F, Caselani F, Magni A, Laronga A, et al. Incidence of post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome and functional intestinal disorders following a water-borne viral gastroenteritis outbreak. Am J Gastroenterol. 2012;107:891-9 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence that Norovirus GE leads to the development of PI-IBS in a substantial proportion of patients (13%), similar to that reported after bacterial GE. ..
- Bertuccio P, Bosetti C, Malvezzi M, Levi F, Chatenoud L, Negri E, et al. Trends in mortality from leukemia in Europe: an update to 2009 and a projection to 2012. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:427-36 pubmed publisher..7 to 3.2/100,000 females in the USA and from 3.9 to 3.5/100,000 males and from 2.5 to 2.0/100,000 females in Japan. Projected overall rates in the EU at 2012 are 4.3/100,000 males (-11% compared to 2007) and 2.6/100,000 females (-12%). ..
- Costantini E, Lazzeri M, Pistolesi D, Del Zingaro M, Frumenzio E, Boni A, et al. Morphological changes of bladder mucosa in patients who underwent instillation with combined sodium hyaluronic acid-chondroitin sulphate (Ialuril®). Urol Int. 2013;91:81-8 pubmed publisher..In the other patients, when macroscopic features of the bladder mucosa normalized, the clinical picture improved. GAGs therapy by HA and CS (Ialuril) improves the morphology of bladder mucosa in patients with rUTI or BPS/IC. ..
- Asciutto R, Lugo A, Pacifici R, Colombo P, Rota M, La Vecchia C, et al. The Particular Story of Italians' Relation with Alcohol: Trends in Individuals' Consumption by Age and Beverage Type. Alcohol Alcohol. 2016;51:347-53 pubmed publisher..This may be due to anti-alcohol policies, programs and campaigns adopted and developed over the last decade. It also reflects socio-cultural changes in drinking, particularly in younger generations. ..
- Di Domenico F, Pupo G, Giraldo E, BadÃ¬a M, Monllor P, Lloret A, et al. Oxidative signature of cerebrospinal fluid from mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer disease patients. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;91:1-9 pubmed publisher..The identification of early markers of AD that may be detected peripherally may open new prospective for biomarker studies. ..
- Pelo S, Gasparini G, Garagiola U, Cordaro M, Di Nardo F, Staderini E, et al. Surgery-first orthognathic approach vs traditional orthognathic approach: Oral health-related quality of life assessed with 2 questionnaires. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2017;152:250-254 pubmed publisher..Surgeons should consider the possibility of a surgery-first approach to prevent this occurrence. ..
- Sanfilippo M, Fierro G, Vilardi V, Rosa G, De Gregorio A, Gasparetto A. Clinical evaluation of different doses of pipecuronium bromide during nitrous-oxide-fentanyl anaesthesia in adult surgical patients. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 1992;9:49-53 pubmed..TOF ratio was significant only 2 min after edrophonium administration in Group A patients. Variations of heart rate and blood pressure were not significant. ..
- Martignoni E, Pacchetti C, Sibilla L, Bruggi P, Pedevilla M, Nappi G. Dihydroergocryptine in the treatment of Parkinson's disease: a six months' double-blind clinical trial. Clin Neuropharmacol. 1991;14:78-83 pubmed..The authors demonstrate the efficacy and the good tolerability of DEK as a new DA agonist drug that can be added to LD in the treatment of parkinsonian patients. ..
- Papagno C, Capitani E. Proper name anomia: a case with sparing of the first-letter knowledge. Neuropsychologia. 1998;36:669-79 pubmed..Moreover, the qualitative similarity between errors observed with proper names and with names of animate objects suggests that the production of names belonging to these classes may conform, at least in part, to analogous algorithms...
- Buemi M, Floccari F, Di Pasquale G, Cutroneo G, Sturiale A, Aloisi C, et al. AQP1 in red blood cells of uremic patients during hemodialytic treatment. Nephron. 2002;92:846-52 pubmed..63, p < 0.05) between plasma AVP concentrations and plasma osmolality. The variations found in plasma osmolarity during hemodialysis, may induce AQP1 expression on the membrane of intact red blood cells. ..
- Grieco A, Cavallaro A, Potenza A, Mule A, Tarquini E, Miele L, et al. Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) and ulcerative colitis. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2002;21:617-20 pubmed..This report describes a GIST in a patient with extensive UC, which was in remission at the time of diagnosis. To our knowledge, this is the first report of an association of this type. ..
- Filosso P, Donati G, Ruffini E, Croce S, Papotti M, Oliaro A, et al. Primary malignant melanoma of the bronchus intermedius. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;126:1215-7 pubmed
- Camposampiero D, Tiso R, Zanetti E, Ruzza A, Bruni A, Ponzin D. Improvement of human corneal endothelium in culture after prolonged hypothermic storage. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:745-51 pubmed..These results may encourage the possibility of an eye bank to allocate the available cornea pool, thus decreasing the risk of discarding precious material. ..
- Bernardini F, de Conciliis C, Devoto M. Mini-invasive ptosis surgery. Orbit. 2006;25:111-5 pubmed..We believe that, in a selected group of patients, a less invasive approach with an upper lid skin incision of only 0.8 cm is equally effective for the final result and offers several advantages compared to the traditional technique...
- Bianchi C, Penno G, Pancani F, Civitelli A, Piaggesi A, Caricato F, et al. Non-traditional cardiovascular risk factors contribute to peripheral arterial disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007;78:246-53 pubmed..PAD prevalence is high in Type 2 diabetic patients. Non-traditional cardiovascular risk factors may be involved in the development of this complication. ..
- Ruzzo A, Canestrari E, Maltese P, Pizzagalli F, Graziano F, Santini D, et al. Polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA repair and metabolism of xenobiotics in individual susceptibility to sporadic diffuse gastric cancer. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2007;45:822-8 pubmed..This study suggests that GSTP1 105A/G and GSTT1-null/positive genotypes might be associated with a reduced risk for sporadic diffuse gastric cancer. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007;45:822-8. ..
- Copetti R, Soldati G, Copetti P. Chest sonography: a useful tool to differentiate acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema from acute respiratory distress syndrome. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2008;6:16 pubmed publisher..In the critically ill the ultrasound demonstration of a dyshomogeneous AIS with spared areas, pleural line modifications and lung consolidations is strongly predictive, in an early phase, of non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema. ..
- Cugno M, Marzano A, Tedeschi A, Fanoni D, Venegoni L, Asero R. Expression of tissue factor by eosinophils in patients with chronic urticaria. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;148:170-4 pubmed publisher..Eosinophils are the main source of TF in CU lesional skin. This finding highlights the role of these cells in the pathophysiology of CU and might pave the way for new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Basso C, Ronco F, Marcus F, Abudureheman A, Rizzo S, Frigo A, et al. Quantitative assessment of endomyocardial biopsy in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: an in vitro validation of diagnostic criteria. Eur Heart J. 2008;29:2760-71 pubmed publisher..There is no diagnostic value of either septal or LV EMB. Cardiomyopathic changes of the myocytes also appear important for establishing a pathological diagnosis. ..
- Angelini C, Bello L, Spinazzi M, Ferrati C. Mitochondrial disorders of the nuclear genome. Acta Myol. 2009;28:16-23 pubmed..Future developments will show that many neurodegenerative disorders are due to mutations of nuclear genes controlling mitochondrial function, fusion and fission. ..
- Angiero F, Gatta L, Seramondi R, Berenzi A, Benetti A, Magistro S, et al. Frequency and role of HPV in the progression of epithelial dysplasia to oral cancer. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3435-40 pubmed..The virus may play an etiological role in carcinogenesis in the oral cavity. The association between HPV and p16 overexpression suggests a molecular mechanism similar to that found in cervical cancer. ..
- Graziani G, Calvetta A, Cucchiari D, Valaperta S, Montanelli A. Life-threatening hypercalcemia in patients with rhabdomyolysis-induced oliguric acute renal failure. J Nephrol. 2011;24:128-31 pubmed..We would like to emphasize the danger of sudden death that may occur in the recovery phase of rhabdomyolysis-induced ARF when the physician might be wrongly convinced that the major risks have disappeared. ..
- Licciulli S, Luise C, Scafetta G, Capra M, Giardina G, Nuciforo P, et al. Pirin inhibits cellular senescence in melanocytic cells. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2397-406 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PIR may have a relevant role in melanoma progression. ..
- Guglielmelli P, Biamonte F, Score J, Hidalgo Curtis C, Cervantes F, Maffioli M, et al. EZH2 mutational status predicts poor survival in myelofibrosis. Blood. 2011;118:5227-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that EZH2 mutations are independently associated with shorter survival in patients with PMF...
- Carrara G, Carapelli C, Venturi F, Ferraris M, Lequio L, Chio A, et al. A distinct MR imaging phenotype in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: correlation between T1 magnetization transfer contrast hyperintensity along the corticospinal tract and diffusion tensor imaging analysis. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012;33:733-9 pubmed publisher..T1 MTC hyperintense signal intensity in the CST and posterior CC, when present, is specific for ALS and represents, among patients with ALS, a possible distinct phenotype of presentation of the disease with prominent UMN involvement. ..
- Barresi V, Leni A, Tuccari G, Barresi G. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) immunohistochemical expression in follicular cell-derived thyroid tumors: a novel diagnostic tool?. Histol Histopathol. 2012;27:329-36 pubmed publisher..Hence assessment of its expression might be of use with respect to differential diagnosis from follicular benign neoplasias. ..
- Perugi G, Ceraudo G, Vannucchi G, Rizzato S, Toni C, Dell osso L. Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms in Italian bipolar adult patients: a preliminary report. J Affect Disord. 2013;149:430-4 pubmed publisher..Further prospective research is needed to confirm our findings and to explore treatment implications for the management of BD. ..
- Elli L, Tomba C, Branchi F, Roncoroni L, Lombardo V, Bardella M, et al. Evidence for the Presence of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Results from a Multicenter Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Gluten Challenge. Nutrients. 2016;8:84 pubmed publisher..Taking into account this finding, about 14% of patients responding to gluten withdrawal showed a symptomatic relapse during the gluten challenge. This group is suspected to have NCGS. ..
- Nicolo M, Rosa R, Musetti D, Musolino M, Saccheggiani M, Traverso C. Choroidal Vascular Flow Area in Central Serous Chorioretinopathy Using Swept-Source Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2002-2010 pubmed publisher..However, within the choroid of eyes with CSC, there might be some differences in flow area between CC and deeper choroidal levels. This difference might be secondary to a compensatory mechanism of the choroid. ..
- Bonaccio M, Ruggiero E, Di Castelnuovo A, Costanzo S, Persichillo M, De Curtis A, et al. Fish intake is associated with lower cardiovascular risk in a Mediterranean population: Prospective results from the Moli-sani study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:865-873 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to test the association between fish intake and risk of composite coronary heart disease (CHD) and stroke in a large population-based cohort adhering to Mediterranean Diet...
- Meloni T, Colombo C, Ogana A, Mannazzu M, Meloni G. Lactose absorption in patients with glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency with and without favism. Gut. 1996;39:210-3 pubmed
- Margaglione M, Cappucci G, Colaizzo D, Giuliani N, Vecchione G, Grandone E, et al. The PAI-1 gene locus 4G/5G polymorphism is associated with a family history of coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998;18:152-6 pubmed..60). The PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism to some extent thus accounts for the risk of CAD related to a family history for such an event. These findings support the hypothesis that the 4G variant is a transmissible coronary risk factor. ..
- Federici M, Porzio O, Lauro D, Borboni P, Giovannone B, Zucaro L, et al. Increased abundance of insulin/insulin-like growth factor-I hybrid receptors in skeletal muscle of obese subjects is correlated with in vivo insulin sensitivity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998;83:2911-5 pubmed..67; P < 0.016). These results indicate that downregulation of insulin receptors or upregulation of type 1 IGF receptors because of changes in plasma insulin and IGF-I levels may result in modifications in hybrid receptor abundance. ..
- Pezzagno G, Maestri L, Fiorentino M. Trans,trans-muconic acid, a biological indicator to low levels of environmental benzene: some aspects of its specificity. Am J Ind Med. 1999;35:511-8 pubmed..5 ppm (current threshold limit value according to ACGIH). In conclusion, MA is not a sufficiently specific biomarker of low benzene exposure; a significant effect of SA ingestion is predictable. ..
- Cinotti G, Zucchelli P. Effect of Lisinopril on the progression of renal insufficiency in mild proteinuric non-diabetic nephropathies. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001;16:961-6 pubmed
- Bernasconi P, Boni M, Cavigliano P, Calatroni S, Brusamolino E, Passamonti F, et al. Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) having evolved from essential thrombocythemia (ET): distinctive chromosome abnormalities in patients treated with pipobroman or hydroxyurea. Leukemia. 2002;16:2078-83 pubmed..We conclude that these cytogenetic abnormalities are not linked to the natural history of the disease, but rather that they might be induced by the cytoreductive treatment. ..
- Buttiglieri S, Deregibus M, Bravo S, Cassoni P, Chiarle R, Bussolati B, et al. Role of Pax2 in apoptosis resistance and proinvasive phenotype of Kaposi's sarcoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4136-43 pubmed..Moreover, PAX2-transfected endothelial cells acquired a phenotype resembling that of Kaposi's lesional cells, suggesting a role of this embryonic gene in tumorigenesis. ..
- Galassi F, Sodi A, Ucci F, Renieri G, Pieri B, Baccini M. Ocular hemodynamics and glaucoma prognosis: a color Doppler imaging study. Arch Ophthalmol. 2003;121:1711-5 pubmed..To evaluate the effect of optic nerve circulation, using color Doppler imaging (CDI), on the progression of visual field damage in primary open-angle glaucoma...
- Pistoia M, Lombardi L, Rossi M, Vittorini C, Cavaliere G, Pistoia F. Does rifaximin prevent complications of diverticular disease? A retrospective study. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2004;8:283-7 pubmed..89%), while new complications of the DD were observed in 27 patients (1.18%). The comparison of these data with those of larger published series suggests a possible role of rifaximin in the prevention of DD main complications...
- Ambrosini A, D Onofrio M, Grieco G, Di Mambro A, Montagna G, Fortini D, et al. Familial basilar migraine associated with a new mutation in the ATP1A2 gene. Neurology. 2005;65:1826-8 pubmed..Mutations in CACNA1A and ATP1A2 have been found in FHM. The authors detected a novel mutation in the ATP1A2 gene (R548H) in members of a family with BM, suggesting that BM and FHM may be allelic disorders. ..
- Capone D, Palmiero G, Gentile A, Basile V, Federico S, Sabbatini M, et al. A pharmacokinetic interaction between clarithromycin and sirolimus in kidney transplant recipient. Curr Drug Metab. 2007;8:379-81 pubmed..This drug-drug interaction is due to a likely inhibition of activity of both cytochrome P450 3A4 and P-glycoprotein. Although this interaction could be predicted, it represents the first reported clinical evidence. ..
- Gargano G, Calcara D, Corsale S, Agnese V, Intrivici C, Fulfaro F, et al. Aberrant methylation within RUNX3 CpG island associated with the nuclear and mitochondrial microsatellite instability in sporadic gastric cancers. Results of a GOIM (Gruppo Oncologico dell'Italia Meridionale) prospective study. Ann Oncol. 2007;18 Suppl 6:vi103-9 pubmed..These data suggest that RUNX3 is an important target of methylation in the evolution of mtMSI and nMSI-H GC. ..
- Nisoli E, Brunani A, Borgomainerio E, Tonello C, Dioni L, Briscini L, et al. D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) gene Taq1A polymorphism and the eating-related psychological traits in eating disorders (anorexia nervosa and bulimia) and obesity. Eat Weight Disord. 2007;12:91-6 pubmed..These results confirm that the presence of A1+ allele is not simply related to body weight but the A1+ allele might be a marker of a genetic psychological condition in people with high risk to develop pathological eating behaviour. ..
- Mantovani G, Bondioni S, Lania A, Rodolfo M, Peverelli E, Polentarutti N, et al. High expression of PKA regulatory subunit 1A protein is related to proliferation of human melanoma cells. Oncogene. 2008;27:1834-43 pubmed
- Cordiali Fei P, Trento E, D Agosto G, Bordignon V, Mussi A, Ardigo M, et al. Effective therapy with anti-TNF-alpha in patients with psoriatic arthritis is associated with decreased levels of metalloproteinases and angiogenic cytokines in the sera and skin lesions. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1110:578-89 pubmed
- Bellino S, Paradiso E, Bogetto F. Efficacy and tolerability of aripiprazole augmentation in sertraline-resistant patients with borderline personality disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2008;161:206-12 pubmed publisher..Adverse effects were mild headache, insomnia, and anxiety. Aripiprazole is an efficacious and well-tolerated add-on treatment for sertraline-resistant BPD patients. It acts on impulsive and psychotic-like symptoms. ..
- Papa G, Andreotti M, Giannubilo S, Cesari R, Cerè I, Tranquilli A. Case report and surgical solution for a voluminous uterine leiomyoma in a woman with complicated Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:2014.e5-6 pubmed publisher..To describe a case of leiomyoma in a patient with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome...
- Marchetti C, Pieri F, Corinaldesi G, Degidi M. A long-term retrospective study of two different implant surfaces placed after reconstruction of the severely resorbed maxilla using Le Fort I osteotomy and interpositional bone grafting. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2008;23:911-8 pubmed..There was a distinct relationship between implant survival and the long-term success rate. The implant surface had no significant effect on the survival, success rate, or marginal bone resorption. ..