Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Iran
Topic: middle aged
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Rezaii A, Hoseinipanah S, Hajilooi M, Rafiei A, Shikh N, Haidari M. Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism and susceptibility to ischemic stroke. Immunol Invest. 2009;38:220-30 pubmed..48 (95% CI, 1.67, 3.51, p = 0.006). These data suggest that allele 2 of the IL-1Ra intron 2 gene represents a susceptibility factor in the development of ischemic stroke. ..
- Bagheri N, Azadegan Dehkordi F, Rahimian G, Hashemzadeh Chaleshtori M, Rafieian Kopaei M, Kheiri S, et al. Altered Th17 Cytokine Expression in Helicobacter pylori Patients with TLR4 (D299G) Polymorphism. Immunol Invest. 2016;45:161-71 pubmed publisher..In H. pylori-infected patients with gastritis, SNPs in TLR4 may alter cytokine expression toward Th17 immune response in the gastric mucosa and may have increased risk for the development of peptic ulcer. ..
- Ghandehari K, Moud Z. Incidence and etiology of ischemic stroke in Persian young adults. Acta Neurol Scand. 2006;113:121-4 pubmed..5 preventable stroke cases per 100,000 'young adults' per year. Rheumatic valvular disease is the most common cause and a preventable etiology of stroke in Persian young adults. ..
- Hajiani E, Masjedizadeh R, Hashemi J, Azmi M, Rajabi T. Hepatis C virus transmission and its risk factors within families of patients infected with hepatitis C virus in southern Iran: Khuzestan. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:7025-8 pubmed..Intrafamilial transmission of HCV is possible but occurs at a low rate. ..
- Nuri R, Moghaddasi M, Darvishi H, Izadpanah A. Effect of aerobic exercise on leptin and ghrelin in patients with colorectal cancer. J Cancer Res Ther. 2016;12:169-74 pubmed publisher..VO2peak and ghrelin levels increased after 8 weeks aerobic exercise; however, plasma leptin and insulin resistance were not affected by this protocol in male patients with colorectal cancer. ..
- Moradi N, Fadaei R, Ahmadi R, Mohammad M, Shahmohamadnejad S, Tavakoli Yaraki M, et al. Role of serum MMP-9 levels and vitamin D receptor polymorphisms in the susceptibility to coronary artery disease: An association study in Iranian population. Gene. 2017;628:295-300 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that 25(OH) vitamin D, MMP-9 levels and VDR gene FokI polymorphisms play a critical role in the development and progression of CAD and may contribute to susceptibility to CAD in Iranian populations. ..
- Mousavi M, Damghani M, Haghdoust A, Khamesipour A. Opium and risk of laryngeal cancer. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:1939-43 pubmed..01). The results of the study suggest that opium dependency is not only an independent possible risk factor for laryngeal cancer but also significantly increases the likelihood of developing of the disease at a younger age. ..
- Almassi F, Emadi N, Mousavi B, Masumi M, Souroush M. Dermatosis contributing factors in bilateral lower limb war-amputees. Pak J Biol Sci. 2010;13:78-82 pubmed..The quality of surgical, medical and rehabilitative care, improve their quality of life by functional ambulation with prosthesis. ..
- Aryaeian N, Shahram F, Djalali M, Eshragian M, Djazayeri A, Sarrafnejad A, et al. Effect of conjugated linoleic acid, vitamin E and their combination on lipid profiles and blood pressure of Iranian adults with active rheumatoid arthritis. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008;4:1423-32 pubmed..001, respectively). It is concluded that supplementation of CLAs decreased BP and vitamin E decreased CRP. Therefore co-supplementation of CLAs and vitamin E might be profitable for heart disease prevention in RA patients. ..
- Khorasani Zavareh D, Shoar S, Saadat S. Antilock braking system effectiveness in prevention of road traffic crashes in Iran. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:439 pubmed publisher..Safety authorities should first consider the global experience and local evidence, before adopting any specific policy in this regard. The drivers need to learn the right way to use ABS for maximum effectiveness. ..
- Salour H, Owji N, Farahi A. Two-stage procedure for management of large exposure defects of hydroxyapatite orbital implant. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:789-93 pubmed..To report the results of a newly devised two-stage surgical technique for management of large hydroxyapatite exposure defects...
- Tappeh K, Musavi J, Safa M, Galavani H, Alizadeh H. Prevalence of IgG and IgM anti-Toxoplasma gondii Antibodies in Blood Donors at Urmia Blood Transfusion Organization, Iran. Turkiye Parazitol Derg. 2017;41:1-4 pubmed publisher..Fortunately, all samples were IgM-negative. However, a province-wide seroepidemiological study is required for the Blood Transfusion Organization to consider including screening for anti-T. gondii antibodies in its screening programs. ..
- Hajilooi M, Tajik N, Sanati A, Eftekhari H, Massoud A. Association of the Phe206Leu allele of the L-selectin gene with coronary artery disease. Cardiology. 2006;105:113-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that carriage of L-selectin 206Leu mutant allele could contribute to susceptibility of Iranian individuals to contracting coronary artery disease. ..
- Aliverdinia A, Pridemore W. Women's fatalistic suicide in Iran: a partial test of Durkheim in an Islamic Republic. Violence Against Women. 2009;15:307-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, whereas social deregulation is often associated with higher suicide rates in the West, the authors' findings reveal that hyperregulation is associated with higher suicide rates in Iran, at least for women. ..
- Banaee T, Hosseini S, Eslampoor A, Abrishami M, Moosavi M. Peripheral 360 degrees retinectomy in complex retinal detachment. Retina. 2009;29:811-8 pubmed publisher..2). Relaxing peripheral 360 degrees retinectomy is an effective procedure for flattening the retina in complicated retinal detachments when no other option is available. ..
- Ghavamnasiri M, Ameri H, Chasteen J, Mofrad A, Hashemi B. Correlation between dental arch location and clinical success rate of total etch and self-etch adhesives in ClassV composite restorations. Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent. 2012;20:26-30 pubmed..05) was found regarding postoperative sensitivity or marginal discoloration between two adhesives. Retention loss was associated only with self-etch adhesives. No association was found between clinical success and dental arch location. ..
- Khameneh Z, Sepehrvand N, Masudi S, Taghizade Afshari A. Seroprevalence of HTLV-1 among kidney graft recipients: a single-center study. Exp Clin Transplant. 2010;8:146-9 pubmed..Still, it is more frequent among healthy blood donors as representative of the general population in our region. ..
- Mohammadi A, Moloudi F, Ghasemi Rad M. The role of colour Doppler ultrasonography in the preoperative localization of parathyroid adenomas. Endocr J. 2012;59:375-82 pubmed
- Bahrehmand F, Vaisi Raygani A, Kiani A, Rahimi Z, Tavilani H, Navabi S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 functional promoter polymorphism G1575A is associated with elevated circulatory MMP-2 levels and increased risk of cardiovascular disease in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Lupus. 2012;21:616-24 pubmed publisher..MMP-2 G1575A allele may be a risk factor for SLE. The carriers of this allele have high levels of MMP-2, neopterin, total cholesterol and TG and lower levels of HDL, thus, they are more likely to develop heart disease. ..
- Noohi E, Peyrovi H, Imani Goghary Z, Kazemi M. Perception of social support among family caregivers of vegetative patients: A qualitative study. Conscious Cogn. 2016;41:150-8 pubmed publisher..The primary concern of participants was receiving social support which can facilitate caregiving and coping with difficulties, but there are many shortcomings in supporting these caregivers. ..
- Eftekhar B, Ghodsi M, Nejat F, Ketabchi E, Esmaeeli B. Prophylactic administration of ceftriaxone for the prevention of meningitis after traumatic pneumocephalus: results of a clinical trial. J Neurosurg. 2004;101:757-61 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy of the prophylactic use of ceftriaxone for the prevention of meningitis in patients with acute traumatic pneumocephalus...
- Yazdani N, Sayahpour F, Haghpanah V, Amiri P, Shahrabi Farahani M, Moradi M, et al. Survivin gene polymorphism association with papillary thyroid carcinoma. Pathol Res Pract. 2012;208:100-3 pubmed publisher..0006, OR; 3.7, 95%CI (1.6-9.2)]. The presence of C allele was significantly associated with the presence of more profound manifestations, including lymph node involvement, vascular involvement and multifocality. ..
- Mirzazadeh A, Haghdoost A, Nedjat S, Navadeh S, McFarland W, Mohammad K. Accuracy of HIV-related risk behaviors reported by female sex workers, Iran: a method to quantify measurement bias in marginalized populations. AIDS Behav. 2013;17:623-31 pubmed publisher..This study provides a quantified gauge of reporting biases in FSW behaviors. Such estimates and methods help better understand true HIV risk in marginalized populations and calibrate survey estimates accordingly. ..
- Mani Varnosfaderani A, Jamshidi M, Yeganeh A, Mahmoudi M. Concentration profiling of minerals in iliac crest bone tissue of opium addicted humans using inductively coupled plasma and discriminant analysis techniques. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;120:92-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this work suggest that the opium addicted individuals need thorough and restricted dietary and medical care programs after recovery phases, in order to have healthy bones. ..
- Firooz A, Khamesipour A, Ghoorchi M, Nassiri Kashani M, Eskandari S, Khatami A, et al. Imiquimod in combination with meglumine antimoniate for cutaneous leishmaniasis: a randomized assessor-blind controlled trial. Arch Dermatol. 2006;142:1575-9 pubmed..To determine the efficacy and safety of imiquimod in combination with meglumine antimoniate in treating cutaneous leishmaniasis...
- Ansari M. Salivary gland tumors in an Iranian population: a retrospective study of 130 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007;65:2187-94 pubmed..In other salivary gland tumors, however, diversity was obvious and showed significant difference, requiring further studies. ..
- Saadat S, Ghodsi S, Naieni K, Firouznia K, Hosseini M, Kadkhodaie H, et al. Prediction of intracranial computed tomography findings in patients with minor head injury by using logistic regression. J Neurosurg. 2009;111:688-94 pubmed publisher..The decision rule developed by the authors appears to be 100% sensitive and 46% specific for positive findings on brain CT and will, in developing countries, help clarify the decision to obtain scans. ..
- Golshan M, Faghihi M, Marandi M. Indoor women jobs and pulmonary risks in rural areas of Isfahan, Iran, 2000. Respir Med. 2002;96:382-8 pubmed..Indoor respirable particulate matters were two to four folds more concentrated than outdoors. Women doing indoor jobs in Iran are potential risk factors for development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. ..
- Farzanehfar M, Vossoughinia H, Jabini R, Tavassoli A, Saadatnia H, Khorashad A, et al. Evaluation of methylation of MGMT (O?-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase) gene promoter in sporadic colorectal cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2013;32:371-7 pubmed publisher..25±1.702 vs. 0.086±0.036, p<0.001). Some CRCs arise from a field defect defined by epigenetic inactivation of MGMT. Detection of such abnormality may ultimately be useful in risk assessment for CRCs. ..
- Djalali M, Neyestani T, Bateni J, Siassi F. The effect of repeated blood donations on the iron status of Iranian blood donors attending the Iranian blood transfusion organization. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2006;76:132-7 pubmed..1 g/dL and serum ferritin >/= 35.3 mug/L could donate just once a year. Volunteers who undergo (repeated) blood donation should receive special nutritional care, especially in terms of iron and energy. ..
- Gharavi M, Jalali S, Khademvatan S, Heydari S. Detection of IgM and IgG anti-Toxoplasma antibodies in renal transplant recipients using ELFA, ELISA and ISAGA methods: comparison of pre- and post-transplantation status. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2011;105:367-71 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, as the risk of re-active toxoplasmosis infection exists in developing nations, they should consider the necessary preventive measures to control this condition. ..
- Kumar P, Owji S, Talei A, Malekhusseini S. Extramedullary plasmacytoma. Fine needle aspiration findings. Acta Cytol. 1997;41:364-8 pubmed..The remaining 10 patients were alive and well at this writing. The smears from all 13 patients were diagnosed as extramedullary plasmacytomas by fine needle aspiration cytology. ..
- Kalantari P, Sepehri H, Behjati F, Ashtiani Z, Akbari M. Chromosomal studies in infertile men. Tsitol Genet. 2001;35:50-4 pubmed..38%). We suggest that men with azoospermia should be considered for cytogenetic investigation and we report that "variants of the Y chromosome" have no influence on the sperm count (Million/ml) and fertility of men...
- Ansari M. Maxillofacial fractures in Hamedan province, Iran: a retrospective study (1987-2001). J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2004;32:28-34 pubmed..This study presents the various types, causes and incidence, along with their clinical management and associated complications of maxillofacial fractures at an emergency hospital in Hamedan, Iran...
- Salehpour F, Zeinali A, Vahedi P, Halimi M. A rare case of intramedullary cervical spinal cord meningioma and review of the literature. Spinal Cord. 2008;46:648-50 pubmed publisher..Case report...
- Sazgar A, Yazdani N, Rezazadeh N, Yazdi A. Vestibular evoked myogenic potential (VEMP) in patients with auditory neuropathy: Auditory neuropathy or audiovestibular neuropathy?. Acta Otolaryngol. 2010;130:1130-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that isolated auditory or vestibular involvement is unlikely and in fact audiovestibular neuropathy can better explain auditory neuropathy...
- Kojuri J, Nazarinia M, Ghahartars M, Mahmoody Y, Rezaian G, Liaghat L. QT dispersion in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: the impact of disease activity. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012;12:11 pubmed publisher..Concerning high chance of cardiac involvement, cardiovascular evaluation for every SLE patient with a SLEDAI higher than 10 may be recommended. Clinicaltrial.gov registration NCT01031797. ..
- Namazi N, Tarighat A, Bahrami A. The effect of hydro alcoholic nettle (Urtica dioica) extract on oxidative stress in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized double-blind clinical trial. Pak J Biol Sci. 2012;15:98-102 pubmed
- Bakhshipour A, Nezam S, Zakeri Z, Gharibi R, Bahari A, Kaykhaei M. Coeliac disease in irritable bowel syndrome (Rome III) in Southeast Iran. Arab J Gastroenterol. 2012;13:24-7 pubmed publisher..6%) in the C-IBS and five (4.2%) in M-IBS groups. The prevalence of CD in IBS is high. IBS subjects whose main complaint is diarrhoea, bloating or even abdominal distension should be evaluated for CD. ..
- Shirafkan A, Mehrad M, Gholamrezanezhad A, Shirafkan A. Conduction disturbances in acute myocardial infarction: a clinical study and brief review of the literature. Hellenic J Cardiol. 2009;50:179-84 pubmed
- Talebi Taher M, Noori M, Shamshiri A, Barati M. Varicella Zoster antibodies among health care workers in a university hospital, Teheran, Iran. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2010;23:27-32 pubmed publisher..This population is recommended to be considered a target group for future immunization programs in Iran. ..
- Abadi M, Ghodsi M, Merazin M, Roozbeh H. Pituitary function impairment after moderate traumatic brain injury. Acta Med Iran. 2011;49:438-41 pubmed..The most prevalent changes occur in IGF-1 and LH/FSH after moderate TBI. However, the whole deficiencies decrease over the time. ..
- Ramezani F, Salami S, Omrani M, Maleki D. CpG island methylation profile of estrogen receptor alpha in Iranian females with triple negative or non-triple negative breast cancer: new marker of poor prognosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:451-7 pubmed
- Akbari M, Kashani F, Ahangari G, Pornour M, Hejazi H, Nooshinfar E, et al. The effects of spiritual intervention and changes in dopamine receptor gene expression in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:893-900 pubmed..The findings were of great significance in management and treatment of cancer because they revealed the possibility of using alternative treatments (e.g., spiritual interventions) apart from conventional medical treatments. ..
- Maroufi N, Farzaneh K, Alibabrdel M, Zarei L, Cheraghi O, Soltani S, et al. Taq1B Polymorphism of Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) and Its Effects on the Serum Lipid Levels in Metabolic Syndrome Patients. Biochem Genet. 2016;54:894-902 pubmed..34 µg/ml). A low level of CETP was found in blood of B2B2 typified genotype. In spite of Taq1B polymorphism on ester transfer protein concentration, no direct correlation was found between this polymorphism and metabolic syndrome. ..
- Khoshdel A, Kheiri S, Omidvari P, Moradi F, Hamidi M, Teimori H. Association between Interleukin-10-1082 G/A and Tumor Necrosis Factor-? 308 G/A Gene Polymorphisms and Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Iranian Preterm Infants. Mediators Inflamm. 2017;2017:6386453 pubmed publisher..IL-10-1082 A/A was not found in both groups. The incidence of the allele G in the IL-10-1082 polymorphism was lower in RDS group (P < 0.05). We found that the risk of RDS was correlated to sex, gestational age, and IL-10-1082. ..
- Ghiasvand M, Heshmat R, Golpira R, Haghpanah V, Soleimani A, Shoushtarizadeh P, et al. Shift working and risk of lipid disorders: a cross-sectional study. Lipids Health Dis. 2006;5:9 pubmed..But there was no difference in the prevalence of HDL-C, triglyceride, fasting blood glucose and hypertension between shift working and day working. It was concluded that shift work is a risk factor for lipid profile disturbances. ..
- Dehkordi F, Kamkhah A. Antihypertensive effect of Nigella sativa seed extract in patients with mild hypertension. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2008;22:447-52 pubmed publisher..No complications caused by NS were observed. The results suggest that the daily use of NS seed extract for 2 months may have a blood pressure-lowering effect in patients with mild HT. ..
- Doosti A, Amini Bavil Olyaee S, Tajbakhsh E, Adeli A, Mahboudi F. Prevalence of viral hepatitis and molecular analysis of HBV among voluntary blood donors in west Iran. New Microbiol. 2009;32:193-8 pubmed..In conclusion, this study demonstrated notable viral hepatitis seroprevalence rate in blood donors in west of Iran. ..
- Yeganeh N, Roshani B, Yari M, Almasi A. Target-controlled infusion anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil compared with manually controlled infusion anesthesia in mastoidectomy surgeries. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2010;20:785-93 pubmed..In some stages of anesthesia, the TCI control of vital signs are beter than the MCI. Recovery profile and complication rate and surgeon's satisfactions are more acceptable in the TCI than in the MCI Group. ..
- Akhlaghi M, Bakhtavar K, Moarefdoost J, Kamali A, Rafeifar S. Frontal sinus parameters in computed tomography and sex determination. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2016;19:22-7 pubmed publisher..The number of septa and scallopings were not useful in sex determination. Frontal sinus parameters did not have a high precision in sex determination among Persian adults. ..
- Bagheri A, Adhami F, Repka M. Bilateral recession-resection surgery for convergent strabismus fixus associated with high myopia. Strabismus. 2001;9:225-30 pubmed..Each underwent large bilateral medial rectus recessions and bilateral lateral rectus resections. The deviations were significantly reduced and abduction improved with combined horizontal recession-resection surgery on both eyes. ..
- Safaei A, Motazedian M, Vasei M. Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasis in histologically positive, suspicious and negative skin biopsies. Dermatology. 2002;205:18-24 pubmed..01). PCR on paraffin-embedded tissue is a highly sensitive and specific test for the diagnosis of CL, and detection of granulomatus inflammation is a highly reliable histopathologic finding in suspected cases. ..
- Ebrahimi A, Noshad H, Sadreddini S, Hejazi M, Mohammadzadeh Sadigh Y, Eshraghi Y, et al. Serum levels of TNF-alpha, TNF-alphaRI, TNF-alphaRII and IL-12 in treated rheumatoid arthritis patients. Iran J Immunol. 2009;6:147-53 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that IL-12, TNF-alphaRI and TNF- alphaRII serum concentrations are more important and better predictive factors than TNF-alpha in RA course and in the active forms of the disease. ..
- Mansourian A, Momen Heravi F, Saheb Jamee M, Esfehani M, Khalilzadeh O, Momen Beitollahi J. Comparison of aloe vera mouthwash with triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% on oral lichen planus: a randomized double-blinded clinical trial. Am J Med Sci. 2011;342:447-51 pubmed publisher..001). In the AV group, 74% of patients and in the TA group 78% of patients showed some degrees of healing in the last follow-up. AV mouthwash is an effective substitute for TA in the treatment of OLP. ..
- Sardari S, Jafari Z, Haghani H, Talebi H. Hearing aid validation based on 40 Hz auditory steady-state response thresholds. Hear Res. 2015;330:134-41 pubmed publisher..If special care is taken in the fitting of hearing aids and the testing conditions, aided ASSR testing could be a useful tool for validation of hearing aids and the cochlear implant decision-making process. ..
- Rahimi Aliabadi S, Shahmohammadibeni N, Jamshidi J, Shandiz E, Mirfakhraie R, Ohadi M, et al. Association of ?-Secretase Functional Polymorphism with Risk of Schizophrenia. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:248-251 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that rs490460 is associated with the risk of SZ. In silico analysis indicates that rs490460 may be a potential splicing site, which affects protein structure. Replication studies are needed to confirm our data. ..
- Rahimi Rad M, Mirzaagazadeh J, Ansarin K. Supradiaphragmatic and transdiaphragmatic intrathoracic migration of a ventriculoperitoneal shunt catheter. Hong Kong Med J. 2007;13:147-9 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first report of the simultaneous occurrence of two types of such migration in one patient. ..
- Khosravi A, Mehdinejad M, Heidari M. Bacteriological findings in patients with ocular infection and antibiotic susceptibility patterns of isolated pathogens. Singapore Med J. 2007;48:741-3 pubmed..1 percent of 54 isolates). Gentamycin also had good coverage against gram-positive cocci, which constituted the majority (67.1 percent) of ocular isolates. ..
- Assarehzadegan M, Shakerinejad G, Amini A, Rezaee S. Seroprevalence of hepatitis E virus in blood donors in Khuzestan Province, southwest Iran. Int J Infect Dis. 2008;12:387-90 pubmed..7% (8/140) of females; this difference is statistically significant (risk ratio=2.6, p<0.008). These findings demonstrate the high prevalence rate of anti-HEV among blood donors, particularly males. ..
- Hosseini S, Safarinejad M, Amini E, Hooshyar H. Opium consumption and risk of bladder cancer: A case-control analysis. Urol Oncol. 2010;28:610-6 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that there is about 5-fold increase in risk of developing this cancer in the presence of opium consumption. Further research is needed to investigate the functional implications of the opium consumption in BC. ..
- Ebrahimzadeh M, Hariri S. Long-term outcomes of unilateral transtibial amputations. Mil Med. 2009;174:593-7 pubmed..With the goal of optimizing long-term amputee outcomes, researchers should correlate outcomes with demographics, injury characteristics, and treatments to identify and modify factors affecting the amputees' prognosis. ..
- Namazi Shabestari A, Asadi M, Jouyandeh Z, Qorbani M, Kelishadi R. Association of Lipid Accumulation Product with Cardio-Metabolic Risk Factors in Postmenopausal Women. Acta Med Iran. 2016;54:370-5 pubmed
- Zandi M, Khayati A, Lamei A, Zarei H. Maxillofacial injuries in western Iran: a prospective study. Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;15:201-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the epidemiology and mode of treatment of facial injuries in western Iran...
- Mohammadi A, Ghasemi Rad M, Mladkova Suchy N, Ansari S. Correlation between the severity of carpal tunnel syndrome and color Doppler sonography findings. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012;198:W181-4 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the severity of CTS strongly correlates with color Doppler sonography findings, and this technique may represent a reliable complementary tool in CTS examination. ..
- Hosseini N, Amini A, Alamdari A, Shams M, Vossoughi M, Bazarganipour F. Application of the PRECEDE model to improve sexual function among women with hysterectomy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;132:229-33 pubmed publisher..94; P<0.001). The findings confirm the effectiveness of an educational program based on the PRECEDE model in terms of improving sexual function among women with hysterectomy. Iranian Registry of Clinical Trials: IRCT2014122220401N1. ..
- Mohebbi I, Zubeyri T. Radiological progression and mortality among silica flour packers: a longitudinal study. Inhal Toxicol. 2007;19:1011-7 pubmed..We conclude that young adult age, rapid progression in the size, and profusion of small opacities are risk factors for the development of advanced silicosis. Death occurs more quickly in silicotic patients with these criteria. ..
- Madani A, Afsharimoghaddam A, Roushani A, Farzan A, Asadollahzade A, Shakiba M. Evaluation of Tadalafil effect on lower urinary tract symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia in patients treated with standard medication. Int Braz J Urol. 2012;38:33-9 pubmed..To evaluate safety and efficacy of tadalafil on lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) suggestive of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients treated with standard medication...
- Behdad S, Ayatollahi V, Bafghi A, Tezerjani M, Abrishamkar M. Effect of gabapentin on postoperative pain and operation complications: a randomized placebo controlled trial. West Indian Med J. 2012;61:128-33 pubmed..Thus, we suggest gabapentin for pain management, and not to decrease opium use. ..
- Zaroudi M, Yazdani Charati J, Mehrabi S, Ghorbani E, Norouzkhani J, Shirashiani H, et al. Dietary Patterns Are Associated with Risk of Diabetes Type 2: A Population-Based Case-Control Study. Arch Iran Med. 2016;19:166-72 pubmed publisher..No significant associations were found between the healthy dietary pattern and risk of diabetes type 2. ..
- Hajimiri E, Masoomi M, Ebrahimzadeh N, Fateh A, Hadizadeh Tasbiti A, Rahimi Jamnani F, et al. High prevalence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis mixed infection in the capital of moderate tuberculosis incidence country. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:213-8 pubmed publisher..Mixed infections occur at high prevalence among studied Iranian TB patients. Further research is inevitable to evaluate the association of mixed infection and disease progression and treatment. ..
- Khademi E, Alehabib E, Shandiz E, Ahmadifard A, Andarva M, Jamshidi J, et al. Support for "Disease-Only" Genotypes and Excess of Homozygosity at the CYTH4 Primate-Specific GTTT-Repeat in Schizophrenia. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:485-490 pubmed publisher..006). This indicates that STR genotypes that are absent in the control group may be risk factors for SCZ. Future studies are warranted to test the significance of our findings. ..
- Momenzadeh P, Mahmoudi M, Beigy M, Garshasbi M, Vodjdanian M, Farazmand A, et al. Determination of IL1 R2, ANTXR2, CARD9, and SNAPC4 single nucleotide polymorphisms in Iranian patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatol Int. 2016;36:429-35 pubmed publisher..These findings support the role of non-MHC pathogenic pathways in susceptibility to AS and warrants more comprehensive studies focusing on these non-MHC pathways for developing novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Shoja M, Besharati M. Dry eye after LASIK for myopia: Incidence and risk factors. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2007;17:1-6 pubmed..Patients frequently experience dry eye symptoms after laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK). The purpose of this study was to determine the incidence and risk factors of dry eye after myopic LASIK...
- Omrani M, Mokhtari M, Tagizadae A, Bagheri M, Ahmad Poor P. Association of CCR5-59029 A/G and CCR2-V64I variants with renal allograft survival. Iran J Immunol. 2008;5:201-6 pubmed publisher..05). It was possible to conclude that the chemokine receptors CCR2-V64I (A) and CCR5- 59029 A alleles may influence renal allograft survival. ..
- Ziai S, Larijani B, Akhoondzadeh S, Fakhrzadeh H, Dastpak A, Bandarian F, et al. Psyllium decreased serum glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin significantly in diabetic outpatients. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;102:202-7 pubmed..05) following psyllium treatment. LDL/HDL ratio was significantly decreased (p<0.05). Our results show that 5.1g b.i.d. of psyllium for persons with type II diabetes is safe, well tolerated, and improves glycemic control. ..
- Kchour G, Makhoul N, Mahmoudi M, Kooshyar M, Shirdel A, Rastin M, et al. Zidovudine and interferon-alpha treatment induces a high response rate and reduces HTLV-1 proviral load and VEGF plasma levels in patients with adult T-cell leukemia from North East Iran. Leuk Lymphoma. 2007;48:330-6 pubmed..These results provide further evidence for the efficacy and the mechanism of action of AZT/IFN therapy for ATLL in a developing country. ..
- Chadeganipour M, Nilipour S, Ahmadi G. Study of onychomycosis in Isfahan, Iran. Mycoses. 2010;53:153-7 pubmed publisher..The growing trend towards the frequency of fingernail onychomycosis in housewives was noticeable in the last decade in Iran...
- Ahmadpoor P, Reisi S, Makhdoomi K, Ghafari A, Sepehrvand N, Rahimi E. Osteoporosis and related risk factors in renal transplant recipients. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:2820-2 pubmed publisher..05). A hip z score of less than 1 was related to the posttransplantation period (P = .02). In conclusion, osteoporosis is a frequent complication that requires detection and treatment to reduce morbidity...
- Rahimi Rad M, Mahmodlou R. Multiple mediastinal hydatid cysts: a case report. Pneumologia. 2009;58:230-2 pubmed..Histopathologic examination confirmed HCs. Despite its rarity, primary HCs should be considered in the differential diagnosis of mediastinal multiple cystic lesions in endemic regions. ..
- Shahmohammadibeni N, Rahimi Aliabadi S, Jamshidi J, Emamalizadeh B, Shahmohammadibeni H, Zare Bidoki A, et al. The analysis of association between SNCA, HUSEYO and CSMD1 gene variants and Parkinson's disease in Iranian population. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:731-6 pubmed publisher..This study revealed the first evidence of the association of rs2338971 with increased risk of PD in the Iranian population. Nevertheless, these findings need further validation via more replication studies. ..
- Zamani B, Farshbaf S, Golkar H, Bahmani F, Asemi Z. Synbiotic supplementation and the effects on clinical and metabolic responses in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:1095-1102 pubmed publisher..58·5 (sd 154·4) µmol/l, P=0·005). Overall, our study demonstrated that synbiotic supplementation for 8 weeks among patients with RA had beneficial effects on hs-CRP, DAS-28, VAS, NO, insulin levels, HOMA-IR, HOMA-B and GSH levels. ..
- Fatehi F, Delmont E, Grapperon A, Salort Campana E, SÃ©vy A, Verschueren A, et al. Motor unit number index (MUNIX) in patients with anti-MAG neuropathy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1264-1269 pubmed publisher..Considering its advantages, MUNIX may be a suitable test to evaluate anti-MAG neuropathy in clinical trials. ..
- Nabizadeh E, Jazani N, Bagheri M, Shahabi S. Association of altered gut microbiota composition with chronic urticaria. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:48-53 pubmed publisher..This is the first study, to our knowledge, to show the change of microbiota composition in patients with CU. ..
- Ahmadinejad F, Mowla S, Honardoost M, Arjenaki M, Moazeni Bistgani M, Kheiri S, et al. Lower expression of miR-218 in human breast cancer is associated with lymph node metastases, higher grades, and poorer prognosis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698362 pubmed publisher..In addition, our in silico enrichment analyses revealed that the association of miR-218 expression with breast cancer prognosis might be through its involvement in endocytosis and gap junction biological pathways. ..
- Ahmadieh H, Entezari M, Soheilian M, Azarmina M, Dehghan M, Mashayekhi A, et al. Factors influencing anatomic and visual results in primary scleral buckling. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2000;10:153-9 pubmed..To identify the factors influencing anatomical and visual results in cases of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment undergoing primary scleral buckling...
- Safaei A, Saluti R, Kumar P. Conjunctival dysplasia in soldiers exposed to mustard gas during the Iraq-Iran war: scrape cytology. Acta Cytol. 2001;45:909-13 pubmed..Squamous cell carcinoma was not identified. Conjunctival scraping cytology is useful for the diagnosis of dysplasia in soldiers exposed to mustard gas during of the Iraq-Iran war. This method is also effective for follow-up study. ..
- Amirzargar M, Yavangi M, Amirzargar N. Primary tuberculosis of the glans penis in male kidney transplant recipients: a report on two cases. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2006;17:213-5 pubmed..Also, it is very important, particularly in endemic areas, that prior to transplanting a male patient, his female partner must be examined for TB of the genitalia...