Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Germany
Topic: middle aged
Publications1450 found, 100 shown here
- Jager M, Zilkens C, Bittersohl B, Matheney T, Kozina G, Blondin D, et al. Efficiency of iloprost treatment for osseous malperfusion. Int Orthop. 2011;35:761-5 pubmed publisher..However, the results of this case series confirm previous findings that in early stages of insufficient osseous blood flow iloprost can contribute to the relief of pain and improve joint function. ..
- Schaefer I, Sauer U, Liwocha M, Schorn H, Loertzer H, Fuzesi L. Occult gastric signet ring cell carcinoma presenting as spermatic cord and testicular metastases: "Krukenberg tumor" in a male patient. Pathol Res Pract. 2010;206:519-21 pubmed publisher..This extremely rare form of metastatic dissemination resembles the Krukenberg tumor of ovaries. Immunohistochemical staining plays an important role in the differential diagnosis of spermatic cord enlargement...
- Hübner N, Hübner C, Wodny M, Kampf G, Kramer A. Effectiveness of alcohol-based hand disinfectants in a public administration: impact on health and work performance related to acute respiratory symptoms and diarrhoea. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:250 pubmed publisher..Therefore it appears as an interesting, cost-efficient method within the scope of company health support programmes. ISRCTN96340690. ..
- Handschel J, Hassanyar H, Depprich R, Ommerborn M, Sproll K, Hofer M, et al. Nonvascularized iliac bone grafts for mandibular reconstruction--requirements and limitations. In Vivo. 2011;25:795-9 pubmed..Necessary constraints are sufficient soft tissue conditions. However, primary reconstruction by free flaps (e.g. fibula flap) has a higher success rate in literature and should be preferred whenever possible. ..
- Khoder W, Trottmann M, Seitz M, Buchner A, Stuber A, Hoffmann S, et al. Management of pelvic lymphoceles after radical prostatectomy: a multicentre community based study. Eur J Med Res. 2011;16:280-4 pubmed..Pelvic lymphoceles (LC) following radical prostatectomy (LC-RP) have an incidence up to 27%. LC-managements constitute 50% of surgical interventions performed in post-RP patients...
- Pizanis A, Garcia P, Pohlemann T, Burkhardt M. Balloon tibioplasty: a useful tool for reduction of tibial plateau depression fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2012;26:e88-93 pubmed publisher..No intra- or postoperative complications were observed. This new technique may be a useful tool to facilitate the reduction of select depressed tibial fractures in the future. ..
- Potapov E, Schweiger M, Lehmkuhl E, Vierecke J, Stepanenko A, Weng G, et al. Gender differences during mechanical circulatory support. ASAIO J. 2012;58:320-5 pubmed publisher..Women were underrepresented in the age group 13-50 years, and 50 years and older, and women had a higher risk for mortality on VAD support in the adult age groups (groups 2 and 3). ..
- Farnbacher M, Keles M, Meier M, Hagel A, Schneider T. Capsule endoscopy in a network cooperation: assessment of the experience in 822 patients. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2013;48:1088-94 pubmed publisher..Despite its excellent diagnostic yield, missing expertise, reading time and financial expenditure limit an area-wide availability. A multicentric cooperation might compensate these disadvantages...
- Fischereder M, Michalke B, Schmöckel E, Habicht A, Kunisch R, Pavelic I, et al. Sodium storage in human tissues is mediated by glycosaminoglycan expression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F319-F325 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis of water-independent sodium storage via regulated glycosaminoglycan synthesis in human tissues, including arteries. ..
- Haenssle H, Krause S, Emmert S, Zutt M, Kretschmer L, Schmidberger H, et al. Hybrid cell vaccination in metastatic melanoma: clinical and immunologic results of a phase I/II study. J Immunother. 2004;27:147-55 pubmed..No unequivocal beneficial effects of the used CFP vaccine could be demonstrated. ..
- Constantinidis J, Steinhart H, Koch M, Buchfelder M, Schaenzer A, Weidenbecher M, et al. Olfactory neuroblastoma: the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg experience 1975-2000. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:567-74 pubmed..Generally acknowledged prognostic factors and a standard therapy fail to exist...
- Sandalcioglu I, Gasser T, Mohr C, Stolke D, Wiedemayer H. Spheno-orbital meningiomas: interdisciplinary surgical approach, resectability and long-term results. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2005;33:260-6 pubmed..To describe the interdisciplinary surgical approach in spheno-orbital meningiomas and to evaluate the operative results regarding resectability and functional outcome...
- Oertel W, Wolters E, Sampaio C, Gimenez Roldan S, Bergamasco B, Dujardin M, et al. Pergolide versus levodopa monotherapy in early Parkinson's disease patients: The PELMOPET study. Mov Disord. 2006;21:343-53 pubmed..In principle, both levodopa and a dopamine agonist such as pergolide seem to be suitable options as initial PD therapy. The choice remains with the treating physician based on the different efficacy and adverse event profiles. ..
- Voisard R, Höb J, Baur R, Herter T, Hannekum A, Hombach V. Edge restenosis: impact of low dose irradiation on cell proliferation and ICAM-1 expression. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2006;6:32 pubmed..Extending the irradiation area in vascular brachytherapy in vivo may therefore merely postpone and not inhibit the edge effect. The data do not indicate that expression of ICAM-1 in quiescent MC is involved in the process. ..
- Ioana Braicu E, Mustea A, Toliat M, Pirvulescu C, Könsgen D, Sun P, et al. Polymorphism of IL-1alpha, IL-1beta and IL-10 in patients with advanced ovarian cancer: results of a prospective study with 147 patients. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;104:680-5 pubmed..Polymorphism in IL-10 gene seems to influence the overall and disease-free survival rate. Subsequent multi-institutional studies with high number of patients are warranted to confirm these results. ..
- Papageorgiou E, Hardiess G, Schaeffel F, Wiethoelter H, Karnath H, Mallot H, et al. Assessment of vision-related quality of life in patients with homonymous visual field defects. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:1749-58 pubmed
- Hadji P, Asmar L, van Nes J, Menschik T, Hasenburg A, Kuck J, et al. The effect of exemestane and tamoxifen on bone health within the Tamoxifen Exemestane Adjuvant Multinational (TEAM) trial: a meta-analysis of the US, German, Netherlands, and Belgium sub-studies. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1015-25 pubmed publisher..Exemestane resulted in decreases in BMD and increases in bone turnover markers. BMD increased and bone turnover markers decreased with tamoxifen. ..
- Rose M, Weigand B, Schubert R, Schulze J, Zielen S. Safety, tolerability, and impact on allergic inflammation of autologous E.coli autovaccine in the treatment of house dust mite asthma--a prospective open clinical trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011;11:45 pubmed publisher..In nine subjects and 306 injections, only a few mild local reactions and no systemic severe adverse events were observed. EudraCT Nr. 2005-005534-12ClinicalTrials.gov ID NCT00677209. ..
- Mattyasovszky S, Burkhart K, Ahlers C, Proschek D, Dietz S, Becker I, et al. Isolated fractures of the greater tuberosity of the proximal humerus: a long-term retrospective study of 30 patients . Acta Orthop. 2011;82:714-20 pubmed publisher..Only 1 nonoperatively treated patient developed a non-union. By radiography, all other fractures healed. We found that minor to moderately displaced greater tuberosity fractures may be treated successfully without surgery. ..
- Fischer H, Tritt K, Klapp B, Fliege H. How to compare scores from different depression scales: equating the Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ) and the ICD-10-Symptom Rating (ISR) using Item Response Theory. Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2011;20:203-14 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the equation tables derived in this study enhance the comparability of studies using either one of the instruments, but due to substantial statistical spread the comparison of individual scores is imprecise. ..
- Urbanski P, Zhan X, Hijazi H, Zacher M, Diegeler A. Valve-sparing aortic root repair without down-sizing of the annulus. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;143:294-302 pubmed publisher..Cusp disease is a leading aspect affecting functional results of repair. Therefore, establishment of reproducible cusp repair techniques is of utmost importance for further development of reconstructive aortic valve surgery. ..
- Helmstaedter C, Elger C, Witt J. The effect of quantitative and qualitative antiepileptic drug changes on cognitive recovery after epilepsy surgery. Seizure. 2016;36:63-69 pubmed publisher..Drug load reduction and selection of drugs with favorable side effect profiles significantly release cognitive functions thereby supporting recovery after epilepsy surgery. ..
- Hamburger C, Büttner A, Uhl E. The cross-sectional area of the cervical spinal canal in patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Correlation of preoperative and postoperative area with clinical symptoms. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1997;22:1990-4; discussion 1995 pubmed..These data, however, which refer to C4 to C6, provide evidence that every surgical procedure to enlarge the cervical spinal canal should result in an area of 1.6 cm or more. ..
- Schwarz M, Ackenheil M, Riedel M, Muller N. Blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier impairment as indicator for an immune process in schizophrenia. Neurosci Lett. 1998;253:201-3 pubmed..A BCB impairment was associated with high levels of sICAM-1. Our data indicate an inflammatory mechanism of BCB impairment in schizophrenics and should enrich the discussion on an expanded immunological diagnosis in schizophrenia. ..
- Alte D, Ludemann J, Piek M, Adam C, Rose H, John U. Distribution and dose response of laboratory markers to alcohol consumption in a general population: results of the study of health in Pomerania (SHIP). J Stud Alcohol. 2003;64:75-82 pubmed..Low correlation of biomarkers with alcohol consumption, their high variability and widely spread ranges in nondrinking subjects limit the usefulness of these markers in general population settings. ..
- Kampe S, Warm M, Kasper S, Diefenbach C. Concept for postoperative analgesia after pedicled TRAM flaps: continuous wound instillation with 0.2% ropivacaine via multilumen catheters. A report of two cases. Br J Plast Surg. 2003;56:478-83 pubmed..Patient satisfaction was excellent, and quality of recovery score was superior. ..
- Sandstede J, Hillenbrand H, Beer M, Pabst T, Butter F, Machann W, et al. Time course of 23Na signal intensity after myocardial infarction in humans. Magn Reson Med. 2004;52:545-51 pubmed..Thus, 23Na SI is elevated in nonviable infarction at all time points following MI, and 23Na MRI may become a suitable technique for imaging nonviable myocardium in humans...
- Dietz A, Logothetis C, Helbig M, Flechtenmacher C, Rudat V, Dollner R, et al. Prognostic impact of EBV-related LMP-1, histologic type, and environmental factors in nasopharyngeal carcinoma in a German population. Onkologie. 2004;27:345-50 pubmed..e. tobacco, alcohol and occupational hazardous substances, in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) in a German population...
- Mester B, Nieters A, Deeg E, Elsner G, Becker N, Seidler A. Occupation and malignant lymphoma: a population based case control study in Germany. Occup Environ Med. 2006;63:17-26 pubmed..The results partly confirm previously defined occupational risks. Occupational risk factors for follicular lymphomas might differ from the overall risk factors for malignant lymphoma. ..
- Schindlbeck C, Kampik T, Janni W, Rack B, Jeschke U, Krajewski S, et al. Prognostic relevance of disseminated tumor cells in the bone marrow and biological factors of 265 primary breast carcinomas. Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7:R1174-85 pubmed..Hematogenous tumor cell spread seems to be an independent process. The examination of these factors on DTC-BM is the aim of ongoing research. ..
- Tischendorf J, Meier P, Strassburg C, Klempnauer J, Hecker H, Manns M, et al. Characterization and clinical course of hepatobiliary carcinoma in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:1227-34 pubmed..Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) confers a high risk of development of hepatobiliary carcinoma (HBC). The aim of the study was to identify indicators and risk factors for developing HBC in PSC patients...
- Bug G, Schwarz K, Schoch C, Kampfmann M, Henschler R, Hoelzer D, et al. Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid on progenitor cells of acute myeloid leukemia. Haematologica. 2007;92:542-5 pubmed..Our data suggest a differential effect of VPA on the small population of AML progenitor cells and the bulk of aberrantly differentiated blasts in the majority of AML samples tested. ..
- Zingler V, Weintz E, Jahn K, Mike A, Huppert D, Rettinger N, et al. Follow-up of vestibular function in bilateral vestibulopathy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008;79:284-8 pubmed..The main goal of this study was to determine the frequency and degree of recovery or worsening of vestibular function over time...
- Osswald B, Gegouskov V, Badowski Zyla D, Tochtermann U, Thomas G, Hagl S, et al. Overestimation of aortic valve replacement risk by EuroSCORE: implications for percutaneous valve replacement. Eur Heart J. 2009;30:74-80 pubmed publisher..Inaccurately predicted mortality, especially in 'high-risk' patients, renders it unsuitable for assessing risk reduction of percutaneous valve replacement. ..
- Nüsken K, Petrasch M, Rauh M, Stöhr W, Nüsken E, Schneider H, et al. Active visfatin is elevated in serum of maintenance haemodialysis patients and correlates inversely with circulating HDL cholesterol. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:2832-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, decreased HDL cholesterol may hint at an increased probability of cardiovascular events in HD patients with elevated serum visfatin. ..
- Rabe C, Appenrodt B, Hoff C, Ewig S, Klehr H, Sauerbruch T, et al. Severe respiratory failure due to diffuse alveolar hemorrhage: clinical characteristics and outcome of intensive care. J Crit Care. 2010;25:230-5 pubmed publisher..Patients with an immunologic/idiopathic pathogenetic mechanism have a relatively good prognosis, whereas the outcome in individuals with DAH secondary to cancer therapy or sepsis is poor. ..
- Kerker A, Hardt C, Schlief H, Dumoulin F. Combined sedation with midazolam/propofol for gastrointestinal endoscopy in elderly patients. BMC Gastroenterol. 2010;10:11 pubmed publisher..9% vs. 1.0%). In this study on elderly patients with high level co-morbidity, a favourable safety profile was observed for a combined sedation with midazolam/propofol with a higher sensitivity to propofol in the elderly. ..
- Marziniak M, Phan N, Raap U, Siepmann D, Schürmeyer Horst F, Pogatzki Zahn E, et al. Brachioradial pruritus as a result of cervical spine pathology: the results of a magnetic resonance tomography study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;65:756-762 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that even slight cervical changes detected on MRT may alter itch afferents and lead to BRP. Spinal cord tumors are rare and should be ruled out by a cervical spine MRT. ..
- Schley M, Bayram A, Rukwied R, Dusch M, Konrad C, Benrath J, et al. Skin innervation at different depths correlates with small fibre function but not with pain in neuropathic pain patients. Eur J Pain. 2012;16:1414-25 pubmed publisher..The severity of small fibre neuropathy, however, did not correspond to clinical pain intensity and a specific parameter or pattern that would predict pain intensity in peripheral neuropathy could not be identified. ..
- Dandel M, Wallukat G, Englert A, Lehmkuhl H, Knosalla C, Hetzer R. Long-term benefits of immunoadsorption in ?(1)-adrenoceptor autoantibody-positive transplant candidates with dilated cardiomyopathy. Eur J Heart Fail. 2012;14:1374-88 pubmed publisher..In ?(1)-AAB-positive DCM patients the benefits of IA appeared to be associated with the removal of these antibodies. ..
- Stoppe C, Spillner J, Rossaint R, Coburn M, Schälte G, Wildenhues A, et al. Selenium blood concentrations in patients undergoing elective cardiac surgery and receiving perioperative sodium selenite. Nutrition. 2013;29:158-65 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the effects of perioperative high-dose sodium-selenite administration on selenium blood concentrations in cardiac surgical patients...
- Hoerster R, Hermann M, Rosentreter A, Muether P, Kirchhof B, Fauser S. Profibrotic cytokines in aqueous humour correlate with aqueous flare in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013;97:450-3 pubmed publisher..We analysed various cytokines in aqueous humour samples in relation to aqueous flare and postoperative PVR incidence in patients with RD...
- Sluik D, Boeing H, Li K, Kaaks R, Johnsen N, Tjønneland A, et al. Lifestyle factors and mortality risk in individuals with diabetes mellitus: are the associations different from those in individuals without diabetes?. Diabetologia. 2014;57:63-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests that lifestyle advice with respect to mortality for patients with diabetes should not differ from recommendations for the general population. ..
- Reinartz G, Haverkamp U, Wullenkord R, Lehrich P, Kriz J, BÃ¼ther F, et al. 4D-Listmode-PET-CT and 4D-CT for optimizing PTV margins in gastric lymphoma : Determination of intra- and interfractional gastric motion. Strahlenther Onkol. 2016;192:322-32 pubmed publisher..IMRT planning based on 4D-PET-CT/4D-CT together with online cone-beam CT is advisable to individualize the PTV margin and optimize target coverage in gastric lymphoma. ..
- Kloppe A, Lawo T, Mijic D, Schiedat F, Muegge A, Lemke B. Long-term survival with Cardiac Contractility Modulation in patients with NYHA II or III symptoms and normal QRS duration. Int J Cardiol. 2016;209:291-5 pubmed publisher..007). Long-term mortality rates in heart failure patients with NYHA (II-III) and QRSâ‰¤130ms are lower when treated by CCM than predicted for the cohort. These findings warrant substantiation in a prospective study. ..
- Neuberger U, MÃ¶hlenbruch M, Herweh C, Ulfert C, Bendszus M, Pfaff J. Classification of Bleeding Events: Comparison of ECASS III (European Cooperative Acute Stroke Study) and the New Heidelberg Bleeding Classification. Stroke. 2017;48:1983-1985 pubmed publisher..Classification of ICH by ECASS III and HBC criteria show distinct differences. These differences warrant special attention during interpretation and comparison of scientific publications. ..
- Wiltfang J, Esselmann H, Cupers P, Neumann M, Kretzschmar H, Beyermann M, et al. Elevation of beta-amyloid peptide 2-42 in sporadic and familial Alzheimer's disease and its generation in PS1 knockout cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42645-57 pubmed..Moreover, our results indicate that the latter Abeta peptide species could be generated by a beta(Asp/Ala)-secretase activity. ..
- Waalkes S, Atschekzei F, Kramer M, Hennenlotter J, Vetter G, Becker J, et al. Fibronectin 1 mRNA expression correlates with advanced disease in renal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:503 pubmed publisher..FN1 mRNA expression might serve as a marker for RCC aggressiveness, indicating early systemic progression particularly for patients with papillary RCC. ..
- Westenfeld R, Krueger T, Schlieper G, Cranenburg E, Magdeleyns E, Heidenreich S, et al. Effect of vitamin K2 supplementation on functional vitamin K deficiency in hemodialysis patients: a randomized trial. Am J Kidney Dis. 2012;59:186-95 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the rationale for intervention trials aimed at decreasing vascular calcification in hemodialysis patients by vitamin K supplementation. ..
- Birnbaum K, Siebert C, Hinkelmann J, Prescher A, Niethard F. Correction of kyphotic deformity before and after transection of the anterior longitudinal ligament--a cadaver study. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2001;121:142-7 pubmed
- Teich N, Bauer N, Mossner J, Keim V. Mutational screening of patients with nonalcoholic chronic pancreatitis: identification of further trypsinogen variants. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:341-6 pubmed..To avoid overestimating the pathogenetic impact of novel trypsinogen variants, a detailed clinical characterization of all patients with early onset chronic pancreatitis is mandatory. ..
- Pihusch R, Danzl G, Scholz M, Harich D, Pihusch M, Lohse P, et al. Impact of thrombophilic gene mutations on thrombosis risk in patients with gastrointestinal carcinoma. Cancer. 2002;94:3120-6 pubmed..Our data also indicate that the prothrombin G20210A mutation may be a possible cofactor in cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Probst M, Thumann H, Aslanidis C, Langmann T, Buechler C, Patsch W, et al. Screening for functional sequence variations and mutations in ABCA1. Atherosclerosis. 2004;175:269-79 pubmed..This webpage provides a more recent and detailed summary of sequence variations and mutations in ABCA1 than existing databases and should also be of interest for molecular diagnosis of ABCA1-related HDL deficiency...
- Schoppet M, Al Fakhri N, Franke F, Katz N, Barth P, Maisch B, et al. Localization of osteoprotegerin, tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand, and receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand in Mönckeberg's sclerosis and atherosclerosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:4104-12 pubmed
- Varoga D, Pufe T, Harder J, Schroder J, Mentlein R, Meyer Hoffert U, et al. Human beta-defensin 3 mediates tissue remodeling processes in articular cartilage by increasing levels of metalloproteinases and reducing levels of their endogenous inhibitors. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:1736-45 pubmed..Moreover, our data suggest that HBD-3 is an additional factor in the pathogenesis of OA. ..
- Reichart P, Philipsen H. Oral erythroplakia--a review. Oral Oncol. 2005;41:551-61 pubmed..More data on incidence and prevalence, biological behaviour and adequate treatment are urgently needed...
- Seifart C, Lin H, Seifart U, Plagens A, Diangelo S, von Wichert P, et al. Rare SP-A alleles and the SP-A1-6A(4) allele associate with risk for lung carcinoma. Clin Genet. 2005;68:128-36 pubmed..A correlation between SP-A variants and lung cancer susceptibility appears to exist, indicating that SP-A alleles may be useful markers of lung cancer risk. ..
- Michal M, Kaufhold J, Grabhorn R, Krakow K, Overbeck G, Heidenreich T. Depersonalization and social anxiety. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2005;193:629-32 pubmed..The association of social anxiety with DP merits further research. A general consideration of DP in clinical and neurobiological trials on anxiety disorders like social phobia is warranted. ..
- Kotzsch M, Farthmann J, Meye A, Fuessel S, Baretton G, Tjan Heijnen V, et al. Prognostic relevance of uPAR-del4/5 and TIMP-3 mRNA expression levels in breast cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2005;41:2760-8 pubmed..Therefore, considering the prognostic impact of two proteolytic factors stemming from complementary protease systems may improve the prediction of disease recurrence in breast cancer. ..
- Ruhrmann S, Kissling W, Lesch O, Schmauss M, Seemann U, Philipp M. Efficacy of flupentixol and risperidone in chronic schizophrenia with predominantly negative symptoms. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2007;31:1012-22 pubmed..Further studies should confirm the latter using neuropsychological performance tests and should investigate whether tolerability improves with a markedly lower dose range. ..
- Granderath F, Pointner R. Laparoscopic transhiatal resection of giant epiphrenic esophageal diverticulum. Dis Esophagus. 2007;20:353-7 pubmed..In this case, the laparoscopic transhiatal approach was shown to be safe and effective over with short-term follow-up. However, long-term follow-up of this procedure is needed...
- Fillies T, Jogschies M, Kleinheinz J, Brandt B, Joos U, Buerger H. Cytokeratin alteration in oral leukoplakia and oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2007;18:639-43 pubmed..These results can be interpreted as first hints that oral leukoplakias with an expression of Ck 8/18 or 19 independent of dysplasia, should be resected totally since they might indicate an increased progression potential...
- Monig S, Nolden B, Lubke T, Pohl A, Grass G, Schneider P, et al. Clinical significance of nm23 gene expression in gastric cancer. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:3029-33 pubmed..Our series did not show a correlation of nm23 expression in terms of lymph node and distant metastasis or prognosis in gastric cancer patients. ..
- Drerup B, Szczepaniak A, Wetz H. Plantar pressure reduction in step-to gait: a biomechanical investigation and clinical feasibility study. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2008;23:1073-9 pubmed publisher..Protection of the foot may necessitate reduction of peak pressures in specific plantar regions. The study focuses on the unloading effects that exercising step-to gait may have...
- Anagiotos A, Preuss S, Koebke J. Morphometric and anthropometric analysis of Killian's triangle. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:1082-8 pubmed publisher..To determine the prevalence and the morphometric characteristics of Killian's triangle and to examine their relationship with the anthropometric features of the person...
- Rivero O, Reif A, SanjuÃ¡n J, MoltÃ³ M, Kittel Schneider S, NÃ¡jera C, et al. Impact of the AHI1 gene on the vulnerability to schizophrenia: a case-control association study. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12254 pubmed publisher..0037). Our data support, in agreement with previous reports, an effect of AHI1 variation on the susceptibility to schizophrenia in central and southern European populations. ..
- Thiel A, Beier M, Ingenhag D, Servan K, Hein M, Moeller V, et al. Comprehensive array CGH of normal karyotype myelodysplastic syndromes reveals hidden recurrent and individual genomic copy number alterations with prognostic relevance. Leukemia. 2011;25:387-99 pubmed publisher..These patients had an inferior survival as compared with the rest of the patients (P=0.002). This study emphasizes the heterogeneity of MDS, but points to interesting genes that may have diagnostic and prognostic impact. ..
- Parmar S, Stingl J, Huber Wechselberger A, Kainz A, Renner W, Langsenlehner U, et al. Impact of UGT2B7 His268Tyr polymorphism on the outcome of adjuvant epirubicin treatment in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2011;13:R57 pubmed publisher..Breast cancer patients carrying the UGT2B7(268Tyr/Tyr) genotype may benefit most from adjuvant epirubicin-based chemotherapy. These results warrant confirmation in further studies. ..
- Baumann K, Pfisterer J, Wimberger P, Burchardi N, Kurzeder C, Du Bois A, et al. Intraperitoneal treatment with the trifunctional bispecific antibody Catumaxomab in patients with platinum-resistant epithelial ovarian cancer: a phase IIa study of the AGO Study Group. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;123:27-32 pubmed publisher..Catumaxomab had modest activity in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. The high-dose regimen was associated with a slightly better therapeutic index than the low dose regimen. ..
- O Dwyer L, Lamberton F, Bokde A, Ewers M, Faluyi Y, Tanner C, et al. Multiple indices of diffusion identifies white matter damage in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21745 pubmed publisher..DA and MD indices were most sensitive at detecting early changes in MCIa. ..
- Todenhöfer T, Hennenlotter J, Kühs U, Tews V, Gakis G, Aufderklamm S, et al. Influence of urinary tract instrumentation and inflammation on the performance of urine markers for the detection of bladder cancer. Urology. 2012;79:620-4 pubmed publisher..Hence, patients with positive cytology, immunocytology, and FISH results should undergo diagnostic work-up, even in the case of concomitant inflammation or IUS. ..
- Wessel J, Klein T, Ott D, Ullsperger M. Lesions to the prefrontal performance-monitoring network disrupt neural processing and adaptive behaviors after both errors and novelty. Cortex. 2014;50:45-54 pubmed publisher..These results support recent theoretical accounts according to which a general PCMN reacts to surprising events, regardless of valence and/or source of the unexpectedness. ..
- Sassenberg K, Greving H. Internet Searching About Disease Elicits a Positive Perception of Own Health When Severity of Illness Is High: A Longitudinal Questionnaire Study. J Med Internet Res. 2016;18:e56 pubmed publisher..At the same time, this bias contributes to the ability of patients to cope psychologically with their disease. ..
- Geier S, Nöhmeier C, Lachenmayr B, Klauss V, Goebel F. Deficits in perimetric performance in patients with symptomatic human immunodeficiency virus infection or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Am J Ophthalmol. 1995;119:335-44 pubmed..We measured the perimetric performance in patients with either acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease but without AIDS...
- Dieckmann K, Endsin G, Pichlmeier U. How valid is the prenatal estrogen excess hypothesis of testicular germ cell cancer? A case control study on hormone-related factors. Eur Urol. 2001;40:677-83; discussion 684 pubmed..But, assessing the negative results of this study in light of equally negative results in previous investigations, the estrogen excess hypothesis still remains to be hypothetic. ..
- Brandt J, Maier T, Rudwaleit M, Kuhl U, Hiepe F, Sieper J, et al. Co-occurrence of spondyloarthropathy and connective tissue disease: development of Sjögren's syndrome and mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2002;20:80-4 pubmed..We describe the rare development of MCTD in an AS patient and report, for the first time, the onset of MCTD potentially triggered by sulfasalazine. ..
- Sittel C, Friedrich G, Zorowka P, Eckel H. Surgical voice rehabilitation after laser surgery for glottic carcinoma. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002;111:493-9 pubmed..The technique reported avoids these pitfalls and leads to voice quality improvement comparable to that of established medialization procedures. ..
- Melnik B, Hariry H, Vakilzadeh F, Gropp C, Sitzer G. [Malignant atrophic papulosis (Köhlmeier-Degos disease). Failure to respond to interferon alpha-2a, pentoxifylline and aspirin]. Hautarzt. 2002;53:618-21 pubmed..Furthermore, we could not confirm the effectiveness of a recently reported treatment modality with pentoxifylline and aspirin administered to our patient over a period of 5 months...
- Hiemke C, Peled A, Jabarin M, Hadjez J, Weigmann H, Hartter S, et al. Fluvoxamine augmentation of olanzapine in chronic schizophrenia: pharmacokinetic interactions and clinical effects. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2002;22:502-6 pubmed
- Fries R, König J, Schäfers H, Bohm M. Triggering effect of physical and mental stress on spontaneous ventricular tachyarrhythmias in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators. Clin Cardiol. 2002;25:474-8 pubmed..Consideration of this stress-related relative risk increase may contribute to avoidance of harmful shock delivery in ICD recipients. ..
- Braun C, Schweizer R, Heinz U, Wiech K, Birbaumer N, Topka H. Task-specific plasticity of somatosensory cortex in patients with writer's cramp. Neuroimage. 2003;20:1329-38 pubmed..Our data suggest that despite alterations in the organization of primary somatosensory cortex in writer's cramp, the capability of SI to adapt dynamically to different tasks is not impaired. ..
- Royer Pokora B, Beier M, Henzler M, Alam R, Schumacher V, Weirich A, et al. Twenty-four new cases of WT1 germline mutations and review of the literature: genotype/phenotype correlations for Wilms tumor development. Am J Med Genet A. 2004;127A:249-57 pubmed
- Engelfried K, Vorgerd M, Hagedorn M, Haas G, Gilles J, Epplen J, et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy type 2A: novel mutations in the mitofusin 2 gene (MFN2). BMC Med Genet. 2006;7:53 pubmed..Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathies are a group of genetically heterogeneous diseases of the peripheral nervous system. Mutations in the MFN2 gene have been reported as the primary cause of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A...
- Thiele H, Kaulfersch C, Daehnert I, Schoenauer M, Eitel I, Borger M, et al. Immediate primary transcatheter closure of postinfarction ventricular septal defects. Eur Heart J. 2009;30:81-8 pubmed publisher..Despite the less invasive technique, mortality of postinfarction VSD remains high, particularly in patients with cardiogenic shock. Further developments in devices and delivery techniques are required. ..
- Rohl K, Röhrich F. Artificial disc versus spinal fusion in the treatment of cervical spine degenerations in tetraplegics: a comparison of clinical results. Spinal Cord. 2009;47:705-8 pubmed publisher..Usage of prostheses results in improved total mobility of the cervical spine in comparison with the outcomes of a fusion. This study also confirmed these results in tetraplegics. ..
- Nuckel H, Collins C, Frey U, Sellmann L, Dürig J, Siffert W, et al. FCRL2 mRNA expression is inversely associated with clinical progression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Eur J Haematol. 2009;83:541-9 pubmed publisher..In multivariate analysis low FCRL2 expression was a significant independent prognostic factor (HR 2.4; P = 0.005). Here we demonstrate that the level of FCRL2 expression is correlated with prognosis in B-CLL. ..
- Rybniker J, Goede V, Mertens J, Ortmann M, Kulas W, Kochanek M, et al. Treatment of visceral leishmaniasis with intravenous pentamidine and oral fluconazole in an HIV-positive patient with chronic renal failure--a case report and brief review of the literature. Int J Infect Dis. 2010;14:e522-5 pubmed publisher..Secondary prophylaxis with fluconazole monotherapy did not prevent parasitological relapse of leishmaniasis. ..