Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in France
Topic: middle aged
Publications831 found, 100 shown here
- Soyer P, Boudiaf M, Sirol M, Dray X, Aout M, Duchat F, et al. Suspected anastomotic recurrence of Crohn disease after ileocolic resection: evaluation with CT enteroclysis. Radiology. 2010;254:755-64 pubmed publisher..http://radiology.rsna.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1148/radiol.09091165/-/DC1. ..
- Goere D, Deshaies I, de Baere T, Boige V, Malka D, Dumont F, et al. Prolonged survival of initially unresectable hepatic colorectal cancer patients treated with hepatic arterial infusion of oxaliplatin followed by radical surgery of metastases. Ann Surg. 2010;251:686-91 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to analyze the impact of hepatic arterial infusion (HAI) of oxaliplatin with systemic 5-Fluorouracil and leucovorin on patients with isolated unresectable liver metastases...
- Abbara C, Rousseau J, Lelièvre B, Turcant A, Lallement G, Ferec S, et al. Pharmacokinetic analysis of pralidoxime after its intramuscular injection alone or in combination with atropine-avizafone in healthy volunteers. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161:1857-67 pubmed publisher..Here we have studied the pharmacokinetics of pralidoxime after its intramuscular injection alone or in combination with avizafone and atropine using an auto-injector device...
- Djossou F, Bezian M, Moynet D, Le Flèche Matéos A, Malvy D. Corynebacterium mucifaciens in an immunocompetent patient with cavitary pneumonia. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:355 pubmed publisher..C. mucifaciens should be considered as important human pathogen in patients with severe illness and compatible history of exposure even in individuals with no clearly identified immunosuppression. ..
- Sankoh O, Sharrow D, Herbst K, Whiteson Kabudula C, Alam N, Kant S, et al. The INDEPTH standard population for low- and middle-income countries, 2013. Glob Health Action. 2014;7:23286 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate use of the new INDEPTH standard along with several existing 'world' standards and show how resulting age-standardized crude deaths rates differ when using the various standard age compositions. ..
- Mercat A, Diehl J, Meyer G, Teboul J, Sors H. Hemodynamic effects of fluid loading in acute massive pulmonary embolism. Crit Care Med. 1999;27:540-4 pubmed..89 ; p< .05). These results suggest that fluid loading can improve hemodynamic status in patients with acute circulatory failure caused by AMPE. ..
- Marchand Adam S, Plantier L, Bernuau D, Legrand A, Cohen M, Marchal J, et al. Keratinocyte growth factor expression by fibroblasts in pulmonary fibrosis: poor response to interleukin-1beta. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;32:470-7 pubmed..Altogether, our results demonstrate a dysregulation of KGF secretion by IPF fibroblasts. The weak response to IL-1beta is associated with a defect of c-Jun expression and activation and a defect of JNK activation. ..
- Lorchel F, Dumas J, Noel A, Wolf D, Bosset J, Aletti P. Esophageal cancer: determination of internal target volume for conformal radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2006;80:327-32 pubmed..Before using a free-breathing gating system, the correlation between external markers and target displacement during irradiation must be established for each patient. ..
- Paquet C, Bose A, Polivka M, Peoc h K, Brouland J, Keohane C, et al. Neuronal phosphorylated RNA-dependent protein kinase in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:190-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that neuronal apoptosis in human CJD may result from PKR(p)-mediated cell stress and are consistent with recent studies supporting a pathogenic role for intracellular or transmembrane PrP. ..
- Nacir M, Ballanger P, Donon L, Bernhard J, Douard A, Marit Ducamp E, et al. [ACT device: what place in the treatment of female urinary incontinence?]. Prog Urol. 2013;23:276-82 pubmed publisher..The ACT procedure was feasible on a population of multi-operated women with 64% of improvement in our hands. Complications were rare, easily detected and repaired. The risk of explantation was reported to be 28%. ..
- Capilla E, Pons F, Poyet R, Kerebel S, Jego C, Louge P, et al. [Acute coronary syndrome with impaired left ventricular function in a carbon monoxide poisoning]. Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris). 2016;65:45-7 pubmed publisher..Coronary angiography shows no significant lesion leading to myocardial stunning diagnose. Patients exposed to carbon monoxide must have systematic cardiac evaluation with electrocardiogram and dosage of biomarkers. ..
- Azoulay E, Alberti C, Bornstain C, Leleu G, Moreau D, Recher C, et al. Improved survival in cancer patients requiring mechanical ventilatory support: impact of noninvasive mechanical ventilatory support. Crit Care Med. 2001;29:519-25 pubmed..31; 95% CI, 0.12-0.82). Our results confirm that mortality has improved over the past decade in critically ill cancer patients, even those who require MV, and suggest that this may be, in part, because of a protective effect of NIMV. ..
- Kalamarides M, Grayeli A, Bouccara D, Dahan E, Sollmann W, Sterkers O, et al. Hearing restoration with auditory brainstem implants after radiosurgery for neurofibromatosis type 2. J Neurosurg. 2001;95:1028-33 pubmed..It is concluded that hearing function can be rehabilitated using ABIs in patients with NF2, even if radiosurgery fails to control the tumor growth...
- Gain P, Thuret G, Kodjikian L, Gavet Y, Turc P, Theillere C, et al. Automated tri-image analysis of stored corneal endothelium. Br J Ophthalmol. 2002;86:801-8 pubmed..94, p<0.001) and prevented serious count errors. This analyser allows reliable and rapid analysis of ECD, even for heterogeneous endothelia mosaics and mediocre images. ..
- Bretagne J, Rey J, Caekaert A, Barthelemy P. Routine management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease by gastroenterologists in France: a prospective observational study. Dig Liver Dis. 2005;37:566-70 pubmed..Most patients have high expectations of an improvement in their management, but gastroenterologists generally underrate these expectations. ..
- Pernod G, Bosson J, Golshayan D, Barro C, Forneris G, Martina G, et al. Phenotypic and genotypic risk factors for cardiovascular events in an incident dialysis cohort. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1424-30 pubmed..5, 95% CI 1.1-10, P = 0.03). ESRD patients who enter chronic dialysis with a previous CV event, high total homocysteinemia levels, or MTHFR 677TT genotype must be considered at high risk of incident CV events. ..
- Mathias J, Koessler L, Brissart H, Foscolo S, Schmitt E, Bracard S, et al. Giant cystic widening of Virchow-Robin spaces: an anatomofunctional study. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007;28:1523-5 pubmed..Findings of the neuropsychological examination were normal. It seems that even an extensive cystic dilation of white matter does not deteriorate brain function. ..
- Labauge P, Bouly S, Parker F, Gallas S, Emery E, Loiseau H, et al. Outcome in 53 patients with spinal cord cavernomas. Surg Neurol. 2008;70:176-81; discussion 181 pubmed publisher..Prevalence of cerebral cavernomas in the general population is close to 0.5%. In contrast, SCCs are rare. The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of SCC in a large sample of patients...
- Rebours V, Boutron Ruault M, Schnee M, Ferec C, Le Marechal C, Hentic O, et al. The natural history of hereditary pancreatitis: a national series. Gut. 2009;58:97-103 pubmed publisher..3/100,000. PRSS1 gene mutations are found in 2/3 with a 93% penetrance. Mutation type is not correlated with clinical/morphological expression. Pancreatic adenocarcinoma is the cause of nearly half the deaths. ..
- Sirot V, Guerin T, Volatier J, LeBlanc J. Dietary exposure and biomarkers of arsenic in consumers of fish and shellfish from France. Sci Total Environ. 2009;407:1875-85 pubmed publisher..From a public health point of view these results should be interpreted carefully in the absence of international consensus on the health-based guidance value. ..
- Charpentier C, Laureillard D, Piketty C, Tisserand P, Batisse D, Karmochkine M, et al. High frequency of integrase Q148R minority variants in HIV-infected patients naive of integrase inhibitors. AIDS. 2010;24:867-73 pubmed publisher..Although their presence was not consistently associated with virological failure, their impact on long-term viral suppression needs to be further investigated. ..
- Truong T, Hung R, Amos C, Wu X, Bickeböller H, Rosenberger A, et al. Replication of lung cancer susceptibility loci at chromosomes 15q25, 5p15, and 6p21: a pooled analysis from the International Lung Cancer Consortium. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010;102:959-71 pubmed publisher..Future genetic studies of lung cancer should include detailed stratification by histology. ..
- Lino A, Lalande V, Guetta A, Lebeau B, Heron E, Chouaid C. [Diagnosis of tuberculous uveitis: clinical application of an interferon-gamma release assay]. Rev Mal Respir. 2011;28:317-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, when infection with M. tuberculosis is considered in the aetiology of uveitis the SpotTB™ allows, in a significant number of cases, the avoidance of antituberculous treatment. ..
- Scatton O, Zalinski S, Jegou D, Compagnon P, Lesurtel M, Belghiti J, et al. Randomized clinical trial of ischaemic preconditioning in major liver resection with intermittent Pringle manoeuvre. Br J Surg. 2011;98:1236-43 pubmed publisher..Liver biochemistry tests in the week after operation showed the same pattern in both groups. IPC did not reduce liver damage in patients undergoing major liver resection with IPTC. NCT00908245 (http://www.clinicaltrials.gov). ..
- Melki E, Nasser G, Vandendries C, Adams D, Ducreux D, Denier C. Congenital vertebral duplication: a predisposing risk factor for dissection. J Neurol Sci. 2012;314:161-2 pubmed publisher..e.: fibromuscular dysplasias or carotid redundancies (including loops, kinks and coils). ..
- Barth H, Morel A, Mougin C, Averous G, Legrain M, Fender M, et al. Long-term storage and safe retrieval of human papillomavirus DNA using FTA elute cards. J Virol Methods. 2016;229:60-5 pubmed publisher..Biobanking of cervical cells on FTA cards may provide a key resource for epidemiological and retrospective HPV studies. ..
- Rotivel Y, Goudal M, Simons de Fanti A. Human rabies prophylactics: the French experience. Vaccine. 2003;21:710-5 pubmed..Data on rabies cases in animals, rabies cases in humans, PET, surveillance of exposures to baits and oral vaccines for the wild fauna, and exposures outside the French territory will be successively considered and discussed. ..
- Bertherat J, Contesse V, Louiset E, Barrande G, Duparc C, Groussin L, et al. In vivo and in vitro screening for illegitimate receptors in adrenocorticotropin-independent macronodular adrenal hyperplasia causing Cushing's syndrome: identification of two cases of gonadotropin/gastric inhibitory polypeptide-dependent hypercortis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:1302-10 pubmed..Our data also show a hyperresponsiveness of hyperplastic adrenal tissues to 5-HT, angiotensin II, and AVP. Finally, they reveal for the first time the presence of paracrine regulatory signals in adrenal hyperplasia tissues. ..
- Guibal F, Baran R, Duhard E, Feuilhade de Chauvin M. [Epidemiology and management of onychomycosis in private dermatological practice in France]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2008;135:561-6 pubmed publisher..Continual medical education efforts must be continued concerning onychomycosis diagnosis and management in accordance with the French Dermatological Society recommendations. ..
- Tourdias T, Renou P, Sibon I, Asselineau J, Bracoud L, Dumoulin M, et al. Final cerebral infarct volume is predictable by MR imaging at 1 week. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2011;32:352-8 pubmed publisher..897 for FLAIR-2 and 0.888 for FLAIR-3). Stroke damage may be assessed by a subacute volume because subacute volume predicts the "true" final volume and provides the same clinical prognosis. ..
- Psomas K, Brun M, Causse A, Atoui N, Reynes J, Le Moing V. Efficacy of ceftriaxone and doxycycline in the treatment of early syphilis. Med Mal Infect. 2012;42:15-9 pubmed publisher..Ceftriaxone and doxycycline could be suitable alternatives to penicillin in the treatment of early syphilis in HIV-infected patients. These two treatments have a concomitant effectiveness even for asymptomatic forms of neurosyphilis. ..
- Martinez V, Ben Ammar S, Judet T, Bouhassira D, Chauvin M, Fletcher D. Risk factors predictive of chronic postsurgical neuropathic pain: the value of the iliac crest bone harvest model. Pain. 2012;153:1478-83 pubmed publisher..02; P=.004) and DN4 score (odds ratio 1.94; P=.001). These findings suggest that both nerve lesions and central sensitization are involved in CPSNP development and could be seen as early warning signs...
- Decourt A, Gondouin B, Delarozière J, Brunet P, SallÃ©e M, Burtey S, et al. Trends in Survival and Renal Recovery in Patients with Multiple Myeloma or Light-Chain Amyloidosis on Chronic Dialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;11:431-41 pubmed publisher..80; 95% CI, 0.67 to 0.97). Survival of patients with ALA, LCDD, or MCN on chronic dialysis is poor but has improved over time. Progressive malignancy is the main cause of death in this population. Renal recovery has increased since 2006. ..
- Manrique A, Koning R, Cribier A, Vera P. Effect of temporal sampling on evaluation of left ventricular ejection fraction by means of thallium-201 gated SPET: comparison of 16- and 8-interval gating, with reference to equilibrium radionuclide angiography. Eur J Nucl Med. 2000;27:694-9 pubmed..0%+/-9.6% in women and 3.6%+/-7.6% in men, P=0.01). In conclusion, 16-interval thallium gated SPET offered the best correlation and agreement with ERNA, and should be preferred to 8-interval gated acquisition for LVEF measurement. ..
- Dumollard J, Ranchere Vince D, Burel F, Coindre J, Tallini G, Ligon A, et al. [Spindle cell lipoma and 13q deletion: diagnostic utility of cytogenetic analysis]. Ann Pathol. 2001;21:303-10 pubmed..Our study further illustrates that spindle cell lipomas can infiltrate the surrounding muscle and emphasizes the usefulness of cytogenetic analysis in the differential diagnosis of soft tissue tumors. ..
- Uehara K, Thelu J. Stage- and tissue-specific expression of a beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase in the embryonic epidermis. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2001;37:613-7 pubmed..AKI is also expressed in mouse melanoma and leukemia cell lines and in human basal cell carcinoma specimens. The GP130 Gal acceptor once galactosylated by AKI may be directly involved in epidermal differentiation and oncogenesis. ..
- Almeras L, Meresse B, Seze J, De Lefranc D, Dubucquoi S, Fajardy I, et al. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism in multiple sclerosis: association with disease progression. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2002;13:200-6 pubmed..002). Our study indicates that neither the IL-10.R or the IL-10.G alleles are associated with predisposition to MS. However, several IL-10.G genotypes might emerge as markers of disease progression. ..
- Andres E, Kaltenbach G, Noel E, Noblet Dick M, Perrin A, Vogel T, et al. Efficacy of short-term oral cobalamin therapy for the treatment of cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption: a study of 30 patients. Clin Lab Haematol. 2003;25:161-6 pubmed..05). Our findings suggest that crystalline cyanocobalamin, 250-1000 microg/day, given orally for 1 month, may be an effective treatment for cobalamin deficiencies not related to pernicious anemia. ..
- Ganiere Monteil C, Medard Y, Lejus C, Bruneau B, Pineau A, Fenneteau O, et al. Phenotype and genotype for thiopurine methyltransferase activity in the French Caucasian population: impact of age. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2004;60:89-96 pubmed..This result highlighted the importance of measuring TPMT activity to detect all patients at risk of thiopurine toxicity. ..
- Defez C, Fabbro Peray P, Bouziges N, Gouby A, Mahamat A, Daures J, et al. Risk factors for multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa nosocomial infection. J Hosp Infect. 2004;57:209-16 pubmed..Indeed, an imbalance in gut flora, modifications to the mucous membranes due to the use of nasogastric feeding and the selection pressures exerted by antibiotics were implicated in the occurrence of this infection. ..
- Tourneur L, Delluc S, Levy V, Valensi F, Radford Weiss I, Legrand O, et al. Absence or low expression of fas-associated protein with death domain in acute myeloid leukemia cells predicts resistance to chemotherapy and poor outcome. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8101-8 pubmed..009). Thus, we identified low or absent expression of the FADD protein in leukemic cells at diagnosis as a poor independent prognostic factor that can predict worse clinical outcome even for patients with standard- or good-risk AML. ..
- Ameur M, Dubrous P, Koeck J. [Bacillus licheniformis: an unusual cause of erysipelosis]. Med Mal Infect. 2005;35:417-8 pubmed..First intention antibiotherapy given for bacterial dermo-hypodermatitis may be ineffective because Bacillus licheniformis secretes a biofilm and is frequently resistant to Beta-lactams...
- Lasnier C, Kohneh Shahri N, Paineau J. [Biliary-enteric anastomosis malfunction: retrospective study of 20 surgical cases. Review of literature]. Ann Chir. 2005;130:566-72 pubmed..The complications treatment of CD is easy and effective. The complications evolution of HJ depends of initial pathology. ..
- Jarry A, Bach Ngohou K, Masson D, Dejoie T, Lehur P, Mosnier J, et al. Human colonic myocytes are involved in postischemic inflammation through ADAM17-dependent TNFalpha production. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;147:64-72 pubmed
- Brisset I, Schaper A, Pommier P, De Haro L. Envenomation by Amazonian freshwater stingray Potamotrygon motoro: 2 cases reported in Europe. Toxicon. 2006;47:32-4 pubmed..Both patients recovered fully after symptomatic treatment. These two cases of envenomation call attention to the potential for injury among persons in close contact with venomous pets...
- Duboucher C, Caby S, Dufernez F, Chabé M, Gantois N, Delgado Viscogliosi P, et al. Molecular identification of Tritrichomonas foetus-like organisms as coinfecting agents of human Pneumocystis pneumonia. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:1165-8 pubmed..This human case of T. foetus-like infection emphasizes the zoonotic potential of trichomonads, although the existence of a human-host-adapted T. foetus strain cannot be excluded...
- Azzarello M, Amy de la Breteque B, Garrel R, Giovanni A. [Determination of oesophageal speech intelligibility using an articulation assessment]. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord). 2005;126:327-34 pubmed..We concluded that if the results of the articulation assessment is very high, intelligibility will be good. On the other hand, if this percentage is moderate, we can't evaluate intelligibility only with the articulation factor. ..
- Chirica M, Parc Y, Tiret E, Dehni N, McNamara D, Parc R. Coloanal sleeve anastomosis (Soave procedure): the ultimate treatment option for complex rectourinary fistulas. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006;49:1379-83 pubmed..Soave procedure is an effective treatment for complex rectourinary fistula in the setting of high-dose pelvic radiation or after failed previous repair attempts. ..
- Colombat P, Lemevel A, Bertrand P, Delwail V, Rachieru P, Brion A, et al. High-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation as first-line therapy for primary CNS lymphoma in patients younger than 60 years: a multicenter phase II study of the GOELAMS group. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006;38:417-20 pubmed..Sixteen patients are actually in continuous complete response. No evidence of late treatment-related toxicity was observed. This treatment approach appears feasible in newly diagnosed PCNSL with encouraging results. ..
- Lorea P, Medina Henriquez J, Navarro R, Legaillard P, Foucher G. Anterior tenoarthrolysis for severe flexion contracture of the fingers (the "TATA" operation): a review of 50 cases. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2007;32:224-9 pubmed..One PIP joint developed septic arthritis immediately after surgery. The benefit of this salvage operation is mainly in the change of the active range of motion to a more functional arc...
- Colin C, Virard I, Baeza N, Tchoghandjian A, Fernandez C, Bouvier C, et al. Relevance of combinatorial profiles of intermediate filaments and transcription factors for glioma histogenesis. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2007;33:431-9 pubmed..Finally, in oligodendrogliomas, intermediate filament proteins are generally not observed whereas Olig2 was found in almost all tumour cells nuclei while only a subpopulation of tumour cells expressed Nkx2.2 and Sox10. ..
- Martin Latry K, Goumy M, Latry P, Gabinski C, Begaud B, Faure I, et al. Psychotropic drugs use and risk of heat-related hospitalisation. Eur Psychiatry. 2007;22:335-8 pubmed..4, 95% CI 1.3-4.4). In special risk situations such as heat waves, the risk/benefit ratio of psychotropic drugs which could interfere with body temperature regulation has to be carefully assessed, particularly in the elderly. ..
- Dumont J, Zureik M, Bauters C, Grupposo M, Cottel D, Montaye M, et al. Association of OAZ1 gene polymorphisms with subclinical and clinical vascular events. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2120-6 pubmed..We identified the OAZ1+2222A/G polymorphism as a potential genetic marker of vascular events. Our findings strengthen the hypothesis that the polyamine metabolism plays a role in vascular diseases. ..
- Lesprit P, Pédrono G, Molina J, Goujard C, Girard P, Sarrazin N, et al. Immunological efficacy of a prime-boost pneumococcal vaccination in HIV-infected adults. AIDS. 2007;21:2425-34 pubmed..14; 95% CI, 1.30-3.54; P = 0.003). In a setting of practical care, a PCV prime-PPV boost strategy enhances the frequency, breadth and magnitude of antibody responses against SPP in HIV-infected adults. ..
- Regnier A, Dannhoffer L, Blouquit Laye S, Bakari M, Naline E, Chinet T. Expression of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in the human distal lung. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:368-76 pubmed..The potential importance of CFTR expression in alveoli should be further investigated, particularly with respect to the CF lung disease and the physiology of the alveolar region. ..
- Rosman S, le Vaillant M, Schellevis F, Clerc P, Verheij R, Pelletier Fleury N. Prescribing patterns for upper respiratory tract infections in general practice in France and in the Netherlands. Eur J Public Health. 2008;18:312-6 pubmed..But symptomatic and analgesic prescriptions were significantly higher in the French database. This can be explained by differences in help-seeking behaviour, medication perception, status of OTC medications and remuneration system. ..
- Constantin J, Jaber S, Futier E, Cayot Constantin S, Verny Pic M, Jung B, et al. Respiratory effects of different recruitment maneuvers in acute respiratory distress syndrome. Crit Care. 2008;12:R50 pubmed publisher..Both RMs effectively increase oxygenation, but CPAP failed to increase recruited volume. When the lung is recruited with an eSigh adapted for each patient, alveolar recruitment and oxygenation are superior to those observed with CPAP. ..
- Fletcher D, Fermanian C, Mardaye A, Aegerter P. A patient-based national survey on postoperative pain management in France reveals significant achievements and persistent challenges. Pain. 2008;137:441-51 pubmed publisher..7%) nerve blocks were under used. Evaluation (63.4%) or treatment (74.1%) protocols were not available for all patients. This national, prospective, patient-based, survey reveals both progress and persistent challenges in POP management. ..
- Duvivier C, Ghosn J, Assoumou L, Soulie C, Peytavin G, Calvez V, et al. Initial therapy with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens is more effective than with regimens that spare them with no difference in short-term fat distribution: Hippocampe-ANRS 121 Trial. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;62:797-808 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact on body fat of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-sparing regimens compared with NRTI-containing therapy in HIV-1-infected antiretroviral (ARV)-naive patients...
- Albouy V, Lequien L. Does compulsory education lower mortality?. J Health Econ. 2009;28:155-68 pubmed publisher..We conclude with a discussion on possible limitations of these two reforms as identifying devices. ..
- Astorg P, Bertrais S, Alessandri J, Guesnet P, Kesse Guyot E, Linard A, et al. Long-chain n-3 fatty acid levels in baseline serum phospholipids do not predict later occurrence of depressive episodes: a nested case-control study within a cohort of middle-aged French men and women. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009;81:265-71 pubmed publisher..This study does not support the hypothesis of a predictive value of n-3 PUFA status for depression in population settings. ..
- Figueiredo F, Giovannini M, Monges G, Bories E, Pesenti C, Caillol F, et al. EUS-FNA predicts 5-year survival in pancreatic endocrine tumors. Gastrointest Endosc. 2009;70:907-14 pubmed publisher..This largest single-center experience to date demonstrated the accuracy of EUS-FNA in diagnosing and determining the malignant behavior of PETs. EUS-FNA findings predict 5-year survival in patients with PETs. ..
- Dupond J, Bermont L, Runge M, de Billy M. Plasma VEGF determination in disseminated lymphangiomatosis-Gorham-Stout syndrome: a marker of activity? A case report with a 5-year follow-up. Bone. 2010;46:873-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that plasma VEGF determination should be considered for diagnosis and follow-up of the course and the treatment of disseminated lymphangiomatosis-Gorham-Stout disease...
- Biais M, Bernard O, Ha J, Degryse C, Sztark F. Abilities of pulse pressure variations and stroke volume variations to predict fluid responsiveness in prone position during scoliosis surgery. Br J Anaesth. 2010;104:407-13 pubmed publisher..PP induces a significant increase in PPV and SVV but does not alter their abilities to predict fluid responsiveness. ..
- Elias D, Gilly F, Quenet F, Bereder J, Sideris L, Mansvelt B, et al. Pseudomyxoma peritonei: a French multicentric study of 301 patients treated with cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2010;36:456-62 pubmed publisher..To analyze a large series of patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) treated with cytoreductive surgery associated with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (PIC) in 18 French-speaking centers...
- Mohseni Zadeh M, Rey D, Batard M, Beck Wirth G, Partisani M, Lang J, et al. [Inadequate vaccination coverage in a French cohort of HIV positive patients]. Med Mal Infect. 2010;40:683-90 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to inform prescribers and HIV positive patients about the interest of vaccination. ..
- Aslangul E, Fellahi S, Assoumou L, Bastard J, Capeau J, Costagliola D. High-sensitivity C-reactive protein levels fall during statin therapy in HIV-infected patients receiving ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors. AIDS. 2011;25:1128-31 pubmed publisher..A 45-day course of either statin reduced the median CRP level from 3.0 to 2.4 mg/l (P < 0.001) with no correlation with changes in lipid parameters. ..
- Safar M, Blacher J, Jankowski P. Arterial stiffness, pulse pressure, and cardiovascular disease-is it possible to break the vicious circle?. Atherosclerosis. 2011;218:263-71 pubmed publisher..These protocols were evaluated in randomized controlled trials and showed significant reduction in cardiovascular risk, particularly in comparison with beta-blockers. ..
- Poirel L, Benouda A, Hays C, Nordmann P. Emergence of NDM-1-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in Morocco. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:2781-3 pubmed publisher..No link with the Indian subcontinent could be established for the three patients. This work further emphasizes the spread of NDM-1 producers worldwide. ..
- Chenevier Gobeaux C, Freund Y, Claessens Y, Guerin S, Bonnet P, Doumenc B, et al. Copeptin for rapid rule out of acute myocardial infarction in emergency department. Int J Cardiol. 2013;166:198-204 pubmed publisher..95 [92-97] %, p<0.05). In triage of chest pain patients, the additional use of copeptin with conventional cTnI might allow a rapid and reliable rule out of the diagnosis of AMI regardless of the PTP. ..
- Poulard C, Treilleux I, Lavergne E, Bouchekioua Bouzaghou K, Goddard Leon S, Chabaud S, et al. Activation of rapid oestrogen signalling in aggressive human breast cancers. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:1200-13 pubmed publisher..Our data introduces the new concept that the rapid oestrogen pathway is operative in vivo. It also provides a rationale for patient stratification defined by the activation of this pathway and the identification of target therapies. ..
- Wolff B, Basdekidou C, Vasseur V, Mauget Faysse M, Sahel J, Vignal C. Retinal inner nuclear layer microcystic changes in optic nerve atrophy: a novel spectral-domain OCT finding. Retina. 2013;33:2133-8 pubmed publisher..Optic atrophy constitutes the final stage in the evolution of optic neuropathy. The aim of this study was to describe the presence of macular microcystic changes or pseudocysts in patients with advanced optic atrophy...
- Cuny F, Gery B, Florescu C, Clarisse B, Blanchard D, Rame J, et al. Exclusive radiotherapy for stage T1-T2N0M0 lanryngeal cancer: retrospective study of 59 patients at CFB and CHU de Caen. Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2013;130:251-6 pubmed publisher..The larynx preservation rate was 94.9%. In comparison with the literature, treatment of stage T1-T2N0M0 glottic cancer by exclusive radiotherapy gives very good results, with a larynx preservation rate of 95%. ..
- Darmon M, Vincent F, Camous L, Canet E, Bonmati C, Braun T, et al. Tumour lysis syndrome and acute kidney injury in high-risk haematology patients in the rasburicase era. A prospective multicentre study from the Groupe de Recherche en Réanimation Respiratoire et Onco-Hématologique. Br J Haematol. 2013;162:489-97 pubmed publisher..TLS was associated with increased mortality, indicating a need for interventional studies aimed at decreasing early TLS-related deaths in this setting. ..
- Merquiol F, Montelimard A, Nourissat A, Molliex S, Zufferey P. Cervical epidural anesthesia is associated with increased cancer-free survival in laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer surgery: a retrospective propensity-matched analysis. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2013;38:398-402 pubmed publisher..03). The association between cervical epidural anesthesia and increased cancer-free survival found in this retrospective study should be an important hypothesis to further investigate in head and neck cancer surgery. ..
- Bachasson D, Temesi J, Bankolé C, Lagrange E, Boutte C, Millet G, et al. Assessement of quadriceps strength, endurance and fatigue in FSHD and CMT: benefits and limits of femoral nerve magnetic stimulation. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014;125:396-405 pubmed publisher..This test may be a valuable tool for patient follow-up although further development of magnetic stimulation devices is needed to extend its applicability. ..
- Delphin Combe F, Rouch I, Martin Gaujard G, Relland S, Krolak Salmon P. [Effect of a non-pharmacological intervention, Voix d'Or(®), on behavior disturbances in Alzheimer disease and associated disorders]. Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil. 2013;11:323-30 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that this non-pharmacological intervention may be beneficial on anxiety in patients with Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Beelen R, Raaschou Nielsen O, Stafoggia M, Andersen Z, Weinmayr G, Hoffmann B, et al. Effects of long-term exposure to air pollution on natural-cause mortality: an analysis of 22 European cohorts within the multicentre ESCAPE project. Lancet. 2014;383:785-95 pubmed publisher..European Community's Seventh Framework Program (FP7/2007-2011). ..
- Ternacle J, Bodez D, Guellich A, Audureau E, Rappeneau S, Lim P, et al. Causes and Consequences of Longitudinal LV Dysfunction Assessed by 2D Strain Echocardiography in Cardiac Amyloidosis. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:126-38 pubmed publisher..Basal-to-apical LS abnormalities are similar across CA types and reflect the amyloid burden. Apical LSÂ independently predicts MACE. ..
- Alessandrini M, LanÃ§on C, Fond G, Faget Agius C, Richieri R, Faugère M, et al. A structural equation modelling approach to explore the determinants of quality of life in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2016;171:27-34 pubmed publisher..18 and 0.04, respectively). This study contributes to a better understanding of the determinants of QoL in schizophrenia. Our findings should be considered in developing effective strategies for improving QoL among this population. ..
- Djossou F, Vesin G, Walter G, Epelboin L, Mosnier E, Bidaud B, et al. Incidence and predictive factors of transaminase elevation in patients consulting for dengue fever in Cayenne Hospital, French Guiana. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2016;110:134-40 pubmed publisher..The patients with transaminase elevation tended to be older, more severe and taking paracetamol.â€ƒ. ..
- Ascierto P, Del Vecchio M, Robert C, Mackiewicz A, Chiarion Sileni V, Arance A, et al. Ipilimumab 10 mg/kg versus ipilimumab 3 mg/kg in patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma: a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:611-622 pubmed publisher..Although the treatment landscape for advanced melanoma has changed since this study was initiated, the clinical use of ipilimumab in refractory patients with unmet medical needs could warrant further assessment. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Leroy O, Beuscart C, Chidiac C, Sivery B, Senneville E, Vincent du Laurier M, et al. [Treatment of pneumonia caused by Legionella, Mycoplasma, Chlamydiae and Rickettsia using ofloxacin]. Pathol Biol (Paris). 1989;37:1137-40 pubmed..In conclusion, ofloxacin appears, in our study, as an efficient therapy for these pneumonias. It could be considered as a valuable alternative to other antimicrobial agents with intra-cellular activity...
- Zech J, Morle L, Vincent P, Alloisio N, Bozon M, Gonnet C, et al. Wagner vitreoretinal degeneration with genetic linkage refinement on chromosome 5q13-q14. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1999;237:387-93 pubmed..Regular ophthalmological examination is important for detecting retinal abnormalities. The gene involved in Wagner's disease lies in a 20 cM interval on chromosome 5q13-q14. ..