Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in United States
Locale: United States
Publications549 found, 100 shown here
- Ying W, Tseng A, Chang R, Wang H, Lin Y, Kanameni S, et al. miR-150 regulates obesity-associated insulin resistance by controlling B cell functions. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20176 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a critical role for miR-150 in regulating B cell functions in adipose tissue which ultimately regulate both metabolic and immunologic homeostasis in the adipose tissue niche. ..
- Chikina M, Huttenhower C, Murphy C, Troyanskaya O. Global prediction of tissue-specific gene expression and context-dependent gene networks in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Comput Biol. 2009;5:e1000417 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study producing high-accuracy predictions of tissue-specific expression and interactions for a metazoan organism based on whole-animal data. ..
- Verrier J, Semple Rowland S, Madorsky I, Papin J, Notterpek L. Reduction of Dicer impairs Schwann cell differentiation and myelination. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2558-68 pubmed publisher..These findings support a critical role for Dicer and miRNAs in Schwann cell differentiation and myelination. ..
- Gascon E, Lynch K, Ruan H, Almeida S, Verheyden J, Seeley W, et al. Alterations in microRNA-124 and AMPA receptors contribute to social behavioral deficits in frontotemporal dementia. Nat Med. 2014;20:1444-51 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a previously undescribed mechanism involving miR-124 and AMPARs in regulating social behavior in FTD and suggest a potential therapeutic avenue. ..
- Curtin S, Michno J, Campbell B, Gil Humanes J, Mathioni S, Hammond R, et al. MicroRNA Maturation and MicroRNA Target Gene Expression Regulation Are Severely Disrupted in Soybean dicer-like1 Double Mutants. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:423-33 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that the two soybean DCL1 paralogs, DCL1a and DCL1b, largely play functionally redundant roles in the miRNA pathway and are essential for normal plant development. ..
- Lian S, Jakymiw A, Eystathioy T, Hamel J, Fritzler M, Chan E. GW bodies, microRNAs and the cell cycle. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:242-5 pubmed..As miRNAs are implicated in the regulation of cell cycle progression and cell proliferation, it is very likely that GWBs, the critical intracellular structures for miRNA function, may very well be also linked to this cellular process. ..
- Ge X, Wu Q, Wang S. SAGE detects microRNA precursors. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:285 pubmed..The observation that some orphan longSAGE tags uniquely match miRNA precursors provides information about the expression of some known and predicted miRNAs. ..
- Adams B, Claffey K, White B. Argonaute-2 expression is regulated by epidermal growth factor receptor and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling and correlates with a transformed phenotype in breast cancer cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:14-23 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Ago2 is regulated at both the transcriptional and posttranslational level, and also implicate Ago2 and enhanced micro-RNA activity in the tumorigenic progression of breast cancer cell lines. ..
- Davis S, Propp S, Freier S, Jones L, Serra M, Kinberger G, et al. Potent inhibition of microRNA in vivo without degradation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:70-7 pubmed publisher..These studies show there are multiple mechanisms of miRNA inhibition by ASOs and that evaluation of secondary endpoints is crucial for interpreting miRNA inhibition studies. ..
- Bhaskaran M, Wang Y, Zhang H, Weng T, Baviskar P, Guo Y, et al. MicroRNA-127 modulates fetal lung development. Physiol Genomics. 2009;37:268-78 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-127 may have an important role in fetal lung development. ..
- Hu Z. Insight into microRNA regulation by analyzing the characteristics of their targets in humans. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:594 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insight into miRNA regulation of human gene expression. ..
- Qin S, Zhang C. MicroRNAs in vascular disease. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2011;57:8-12 pubmed publisher..This review article summarizes the research progress regarding the roles of miRNAs in vascular diseases. ..
- Zhao J, Rao D, Boldin M, Taganov K, O Connell R, Baltimore D. NF-kappaB dysregulation in microRNA-146a-deficient mice drives the development of myeloid malignancies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9184-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic ablation of NF-?B p50 suppresses the myeloproliferation, showing that dysregulation of NF-?B is responsible for the myeloproliferative disease. ..
- ..The role of estrogen-regulated miRNA expression, the target genes of these miRNAs, and the role of miRNAs in health and disease is a 'hot' area of research that will yield new insight into molecular mechanisms of estrogen action. ..
- Patnaik S, Yendamuri S, Kannisto E, Kucharczuk J, Singhal S, Vachani A. MicroRNA expression profiles of whole blood in lung adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46045 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to validate this observation, including in non-adenocarcinomatous lung cancers, and to clarify upon the confounding effect of age. ..
- Mo Y, Tang H, Miele L. Notch-associated microRNAs in cancer. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:1157-66 pubmed..We also highlight the therapeutic potential of targeting Notch signaling and related microRNAs. ..
- Ghatak S, Chan Y, Khanna S, Banerjee J, Weist J, Roy S, et al. Barrier Function of the Repaired Skin Is Disrupted Following Arrest of Dicer in Keratinocytes. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1201-1210 pubmed publisher..This work upholds p21(Waf1/Cip1) as a druggable target to restore barrier function of skin suffering from loss of Dicer function as would be expected in diabetes and other forms of oxidant insult. ..
- Kourtidis A, Anastasiadis P. PLEKHA7 defines an apical junctional complex with cytoskeletal associations and miRNA-mediated growth implications. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:498-505 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings support a multi-layered role of PLEKHA7 in converging cytoskeletal dynamics and miRNA-mediated growth regulation at the ZA, with potentially critical implications in cancer that warrant further investigation. ..
- Mendoza Viveros L, Chiang C, Ong J, Hegazi S, Cheng A, Bouchard Cannon P, et al. miR-132/212 Modulates Seasonal Adaptation and Dendritic Morphology of the Central Circadian Clock. Cell Rep. 2017;19:505-520 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that, by regulating the dendritic structure of SCN neurons through a MeCP2-dependent mechanism, miR-132/212 affects the capacity of the SCN to encode seasonal time. ..
- Kumar M, Lu Z, Takwi A, Chen W, Callander N, Ramos K, et al. Negative regulation of the tumor suppressor p53 gene by microRNAs. Oncogene. 2011;30:843-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, beyond miR-125b and miR-504, the human TP53 gene is negatively regulated by two more miRNAs: miR-25 and miR-30d. ..
- Nana Sinkam S, Croce C. Clinical applications for microRNAs in cancer. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2013;93:98-104 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an overview of miRNAs, with a focus on aspects of translating bench-based discoveries to the clinic. ..
- Mao Y, Mohan R, Zhang S, Tang X. MicroRNAs as pharmacological targets in diabetes. Pharmacol Res. 2013;75:37-47 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the dysregulated miRNAs discovered in various diabetic models and addresses the potential for miRNAs to be therapeutic targets in the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Zhao J, Lammers P, Torrance C, Bader A. TP53-independent function of miR-34a via HDAC1 and p21(CIP1/WAF1.). Mol Ther. 2013;21:1678-86 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that miR-34 controls a tumor suppressor pathway previously reserved for TP53 and provides an attractive therapeutic strategy for cancer patients irrespective of TP53 status. ..
- Morris V, Zhang A, Yang T, Stirewalt D, Ramamurthy R, Meshinchi S, et al. MicroRNA-150 expression induces myeloid differentiation of human acute leukemia cells and normal hematopoietic progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75815 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-150 promotes myeloid differentiation, a previously uncharacterized role for this miRNA, and that absent or low miR-150 expression contributes to blocked myeloid differentiation in acute leukemia cells. ..
- Luhur A, Chawla G, Wu Y, Li J, Sokol N. Drosha-independent DGCR8/Pasha pathway regulates neuronal morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1421-6 pubmed publisher..Given that reduction of human DGCR8/Pasha may contribute to the cognitive and behavioral characteristics of DiGeorge syndrome patients, disruption of this newly described pathway could underlie human neurological disease. ..
- White K, Dempsie Y, Caruso P, Wallace E, McDonald R, Stevens H, et al. Endothelial apoptosis in pulmonary hypertension is controlled by a microRNA/programmed cell death 4/caspase-3 axis. Hypertension. 2014;64:185-94 pubmed publisher..Broadly, these findings support the existence of a microRNA-21-responsive PDCD4/caspase-3 pathway in the pulmonary tissues that when active serves to promote endothelial apoptosis in vitro and PH in vivo. ..
- Lee M, Yuan H, Jeon H, Zhu Y, Yoo S, Shi S, et al. Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells of Diverse Origins Support Persistent Infection with Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus and Manifest Distinct Angiogenic, Invasive, and Transforming Phenotypes. MBio. 2016;7:e02109-15 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that human mesenchymal stem cells might be the KSHV target cells and establish models for delineating the mechanism of KSHV-induced malignant transformation. ..
- Chen F, Zhang Y, ÅženbabaoÄŸlu Y, Ciriello G, Yang L, Reznik E, et al. Multilevel Genomics-Based Taxonomy of Renal Cell Carcinoma. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2476-89 pubmed publisher..Differences between the genomic subtypes suggest that therapeutic strategies could be tailored to each RCC disease subset. ..
- Petrocca F, Visone R, Onelli M, Shah M, Nicoloso M, De Martino I, et al. E2F1-regulated microRNAs impair TGFbeta-dependent cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in gastric cancer. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:272-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the miR-106b-25 cluster is involved in E2F1 posttranscriptional regulation and may play a key role in the development of TGFbeta resistance in gastric cancer. ..
- Nobuta K, McCormick K, Nakano M, Meyers B. Bioinformatics analysis of small RNAs in plants using next generation sequencing technologies. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;592:89-106 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the challenges and our strategies to handle the very large quantity of small RNA data generated by these next-generation sequencing technologies. ..
- O Connell R, Kahn D, Gibson W, Round J, Scholz R, Chaudhuri A, et al. MicroRNA-155 promotes autoimmune inflammation by enhancing inflammatory T cell development. Immunity. 2010;33:607-19 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that one aspect of miR-155 function is the promotion of T cell-dependent tissue inflammation, suggesting that miR-155 might be a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of autoimmune disorders. ..
- Nelson P, Wang W, Mao G, Wilfred B, Xie K, Jennings M, et al. Specific sequence determinants of miR-15/107 microRNA gene group targets. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:8163-72 pubmed publisher..Future studies should take this important miRNA-to-miRNA variability into account. ..
- O Connell R, Zhao J, Rao D. MicroRNA function in myeloid biology. Blood. 2011;118:2960-9 pubmed publisher..We review their functions at distinct points in development, their targets, and the regulatory networks that they are embedded into in the myeloid lineage. ..
- Lee B. Regulation of V-ATPase expression in mammalian cells. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2012;13:107-16 pubmed..These studies are beginning to elucidate overarching mechanisms that permit coordinated expression of ubiquitous subunits while directing tissue-specific expression of others. ..
- Trotta R, Chen L, Ciarlariello D, Josyula S, Mao C, Costinean S, et al. miR-155 regulates IFN-? production in natural killer cells. Blood. 2012;119:3478-85 pubmed publisher..These findings may have clinical relevance for targeting miR-155 in neoplastic disease. ..
- Polioudakis D, Bhinge A, Killion P, Lee B, Abell N, Iyer V. A Myc-microRNA network promotes exit from quiescence by suppressing the interferon response and cell-cycle arrest genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2239-54 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate miR-22 in downregulating the anti-proliferative p53 and interferon pathways and reveal a new transcription factor-miRNA network that regulates the transition of primary human cells from quiescence to proliferation. ..
- Munagala R, Aqil F, Vadhanam M, Gupta R. MicroRNA 'signature' during estrogen-mediated mammary carcinogenesis and its reversal by ellagic acid intervention. Cancer Lett. 2013;339:175-84 pubmed publisher..These observations provide mechanistic insights into the new molecular events behind the chemopreventive action of ellagic acid and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Vu L, Perna F, Wang L, Voza F, Figueroa M, Tempst P, et al. PRMT4 blocks myeloid differentiation by assembling a methyl-RUNX1-dependent repressor complex. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1625-38 pubmed publisher..Depletion of PRMT4 results in differentiation of myeloid leukemia cells in vitro and their decreased proliferation in vivo. Thus, targeting PRMT4 holds potential as a novel therapy for acute myelogenous leukemia. ..
- McCreight J, Schneider S, Wilburn D, Swanson W. Evolution of microRNA in primates. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176596 pubmed publisher..Many of these non-conserved miRNA appear to regulate neuronal processes, illustrating the importance of investigating miRNA to learn more about human evolution. ..
- Xu P, Guo M, Hay B. MicroRNAs and the regulation of cell death. Trends Genet. 2004;20:617-24 pubmed
- Shan Y, Zheng J, Lambrecht R, Bonkovsky H. Reciprocal effects of micro-RNA-122 on expression of heme oxygenase-1 and hepatitis C virus genes in human hepatocytes. Gastroenterology. 2007;133:1166-74 pubmed..Down-regulation of miR-122 and up-regulation of HO-1 may be new strategies for anti-HCV intervention and cytoprotection. ..
- Garzon R, Garofalo M, Martelli M, Briesewitz R, Wang L, Fernandez Cymering C, et al. Distinctive microRNA signature of acute myeloid leukemia bearing cytoplasmic mutated nucleophosmin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3945-50 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that miR-155 was strongly but independently associated with FLT3-ITD mutations. ..
- Siddiqui I, Asim M, Hafeez B, Adhami V, Tarapore R, Mukhtar H. Green tea polyphenol EGCG blunts androgen receptor function in prostate cancer. FASEB J. 2011;25:1198-207 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide evidence that EGCG functionally antagonizes androgen action at multiple levels, resulting in inhibition of PCa growth. ..
- Laganà A, Paone A, Veneziano D, Cascione L, Gasparini P, Carasi S, et al. miR-EdiTar: a database of predicted A-to-I edited miRNA target sites. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:3166-8 pubmed publisher..miR-EdiTar is freely available online at http://microrna.osumc.edu/mireditar. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Sheth S, Jajoo S, Kaur T, Mukherjea D, Sheehan K, Rybak L, et al. Resveratrol reduces prostate cancer growth and metastasis by inhibiting the Akt/MicroRNA-21 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51655 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that resveratrol's anti-tumor actions in prostate cancer could be explained, in part, through inhibition of Akt/miR-21 signaling pathway. ..
- Hurst D, Xie Y, Thomas J, Liu J, Edmonds M, Stewart M, et al. The C-terminal putative nuclear localization sequence of breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1, BRMS1, is necessary for metastasis suppression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55966 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate an important role for NLS2 in the cytoplasm that is critical for metastasis suppression and is distinct from nuclear localization. ..
- Wang Y, Huang C, Reddy Chintagari N, Bhaskaran M, Weng T, Guo Y, et al. miR-375 regulates rat alveolar epithelial cell trans-differentiation by inhibiting Wnt/?-catenin pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:3833-44 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results demonstrate that miR-375 regulates AEC trans-differentiation through the Wnt/?-catenin pathway. This discovery may provide new targets for therapeutic intervention to benefit lung recovery from injuries. ..
- Acunzo M, Romano G, Palmieri D, Laganà A, Garofalo M, Balatti V, et al. Cross-talk between MET and EGFR in non-small cell lung cancer involves miR-27a and Sprouty2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:8573-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identify both direct and indirect mechanisms by which miR-27a can regulate both MET and EGFR. Thus, we propose a mechanism for MET and EGFR axis regulation that may lead to the development of therapeutics in lung cancer. ..
- Maalouf S, Smith C, Pate J. Changes in MicroRNA Expression During Maturation of the Bovine Corpus Luteum: Regulation of Luteal Cell Proliferation and Function by MicroRNA-34a. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data support a role for miRNA in general, and miR-34a in particular, in luteal formation and function. ..
- Fujii H, Chiou T, Lin S, Aung K, Zhu J. A miRNA involved in phosphate-starvation response in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2005;15:2038-43 pubmed..The results suggest that miRNAs have functional roles for plants to cope with fluctuations in mineral-nutrient availability in the soil. ..
- Lobert S, Graichen M, Morris K. Coordinated regulation of ?-tubulin isotypes and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition protein ZEB1 in breast cancer cells. Biochemistry. 2013;52:5482-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in aggressive breast cancers, as modeled by MDA-MB-231 cells, ?-tubulin class III is a biomarker for cell survival mediated through ZEB1-induced tumor progression pathways. ..
- Rademakers R, Eriksen J, Baker M, Robinson T, Ahmed Z, Lincoln S, et al. Common variation in the miR-659 binding-site of GRN is a major risk factor for TDP43-positive frontotemporal dementia. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3631-42 pubmed publisher..Translational regulation by miRNAs may represent a common mechanism underlying complex neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Bates D, Liang R, Li N, Wang E. The impact of noncoding RNA on the biochemical and molecular mechanisms of aging. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:970-9 pubmed publisher..Here we report a brief overview of noncoding RNA as well as the potential roles of microRNAs in biochemical equilibriums where imbalance contributes to the many phenotypes of aging. ..
- Zhu S, Sachdeva M, Wu F, Lu Z, Mo Y. Ubc9 promotes breast cell invasion and metastasis in a sumoylation-independent manner. Oncogene. 2010;29:1763-72 pubmed publisher..Together, these results show a molecular link between Ubc9 and the metastasis genes such as CDC42 and CXCR4, and thus provide new insight into the mechanism by which Ubc9 promotes tumor invasion and metastasis. ..
- Wang Y, Scheiber M, Neumann C, Calin G, Zhou D. MicroRNA regulation of ionizing radiation-induced premature senescence. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:839-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SA-miRNAs are involved in the regulation of IR-induced senescence, so targeting these miRNAs may be a novel approach for modulating cellular response to radiation exposure. ..
- Kincaid R, Burke J, Sullivan C. RNA virus microRNA that mimics a B-cell oncomiR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3077-82 pubmed publisher..As miR-29 overexpression is associated with B-cell neoplasms that resemble BLV-associated tumors, our findings suggest a possible mechanism contributing to BLV-induced tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhao Y, Yu Y, Zhai J, Ramachandran V, Dinh T, Meyers B, et al. The Arabidopsis nucleotidyl transferase HESO1 uridylates unmethylated small RNAs to trigger their degradation. Curr Biol. 2012;22:689-94 pubmed publisher..We show that uridylation leads to miRNA degradation, and the degradation is most likely through an enzyme that is distinct from that causing the 3' truncation in hen1 mutants. ..
- Kanaan Z, Roberts H, Eichenberger M, Billeter A, Ocheretner G, Pan J, et al. A plasma microRNA panel for detection of colorectal adenomas: a step toward more precise screening for colorectal cancer. Ann Surg. 2013;258:400-8 pubmed publisher..This miRNA panel warrants study in larger cohorts. Plasma-based assays could provide better screening compliance compared to fecal occult blood or endoscopic screening. ..
- Bennett P, Bemis L, Norris D, Shellman Y. miR in melanoma development: miRNAs and acquired hallmarks of cancer in melanoma. Physiol Genomics. 2013;45:1049-59 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic and therapeutic potential of microRNAs for future melanoma management will also be discussed. ..
- Bektik E, Dennis A, Prasanna P, Madabhushi A, Fu J. Single cell qPCR reveals that additional HAND2 and microRNA-1 facilitate the early reprogramming progress of seven-factor-induced human myocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183000 pubmed publisher..Our study provides valuable information to further optimize a method of direct iCM-reprogramming in human cells. ..
- Eis P, Tam W, Sun L, Chadburn A, Li Z, Gomez M, et al. Accumulation of miR-155 and BIC RNA in human B cell lymphomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3627-32 pubmed..Because patients with activated B cell-type DLBCL have a poorer clinical prognosis, quantification of this microRNA may be diagnostically useful. ..
- Adams B, Furneaux H, White B. The micro-ribonucleic acid (miRNA) miR-206 targets the human estrogen receptor-alpha (ERalpha) and represses ERalpha messenger RNA and protein expression in breast cancer cell lines. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:1132-47 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence for the posttranscriptional regulation of ERalpha by a micro-RNA in the context of breast cancer. ..
- Nelson P, De Planell Saguer M, Lamprinaki S, Kiriakidou M, Zhang P, O DOHERTY U, et al. A novel monoclonal antibody against human Argonaute proteins reveals unexpected characteristics of miRNAs in human blood cells. RNA. 2007;13:1787-92 pubmed..We report the characterization of 2A8 and its use to clone miRNAs from human brain and from preparations of human polymorphonuclear leukocytes (neutrophils), which revealed a prevalent miRNA with unusual features. ..
- Scaglione B, Salerno E, Balan M, Coffman F, Landgraf P, Abbasi F, et al. Murine models of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: role of microRNA-16 in the New Zealand Black mouse model. Br J Haematol. 2007;139:645-57 pubmed..Future studies utilizing the NZB mouse could ascertain the role of environmental triggers, such as low dose radiation and organic chemicals in the augmentation of a pre-existing propensity to develop CLL. ..
- Tili E, Michaille J, Costinean S, Croce C. MicroRNAs, the immune system and rheumatic disease. Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol. 2008;4:534-41 pubmed publisher..Abnormal expression of miRNAs-which is implicated in inflammation-has also been found in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. These findings identify miRNAs as critical targets for immunomodulatory drug development. ..
- Marcucci G, Radmacher M, Mrozek K, Bloomfield C. MicroRNA expression in acute myeloid leukemia. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2009;4:83-8 pubmed publisher..This article reviews recent studies that were focused on the alterations of microRNA expression in AML and their diagnostic and prognostic significance. ..
- Barmack N, Qian Z, Yakhnitsa V. Climbing fibers induce microRNA transcription in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Neuroscience. 2010;171:655-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that microRNA transcription could provide an important synaptic or homeostatic mechanism for the regulation of proteins that contribute to Purkinje cell plasticity. ..
- Veronese A, Visone R, Consiglio J, Acunzo M, Lupini L, Kim T, et al. Mutated beta-catenin evades a microRNA-dependent regulatory loop. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4840-5 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into the complex regulation of the IGF2/miR-483 locus, revealing players in the ?-catenin pathway. ..
- Wang Y, Huang J, Li M, Cavenee W, Mitchell P, Zhou X, et al. MicroRNA-138 modulates DNA damage response by repressing histone H2AX expression. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1100-11 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that miR-138 is an important regulator of genomic stability and a potential therapeutic agent to improve the efficacy of radiotherapy and chemotherapy with DNA-damaging agents. ..
- Klinge C, Radde B, Imbert Fernandez Y, Teng Y, Ivanova M, Abner S, et al. Targeting the intracellular MUC1 C-terminal domain inhibits proliferation and estrogen receptor transcriptional activity in lung adenocarcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:2062-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate MUC1-ER functional interaction in lung adenocarcinoma cells and that inhibiting MUC1 inhibits lung adenocarcinoma cell viability. ..
- Barrera Figueroa B, Gao L, Diop N, Wu Z, Ehlers J, Roberts P, et al. Identification and comparative analysis of drought-associated microRNAs in two cowpea genotypes. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:127 pubmed publisher..In addition, it is not understood how miRNAs might contribute to different capacities of drought tolerance in different cowpea genotypes...
- Mao G, Lee S, Ortega J, Gu L, Li G. Modulation of microRNA processing by mismatch repair protein MutL?. Cell Res. 2012;22:973-85 pubmed publisher..In contrast, miR-422a downregulates MutL? levels by suppressing MLH1 expression through base pairing with the MLH1 3'-untranslated region. A model depicting this feedback mechanism is discussed. ..
- Eisfeld A, Marcucci G, Maharry K, Schwind S, Radmacher M, Nicolet D, et al. miR-3151 interplays with its host gene BAALC and independently affects outcome of patients with cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2012;120:249-58 pubmed publisher..The combination of both markers identified a patient subset with the poorest outcome. This interplay between an intronic miR and its host may have important biologic implications. ..
- Kozubek J, Ma Z, Fleming E, Duggan T, Wu R, Shin D, et al. In-depth characterization of microRNA transcriptome in melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72699 pubmed publisher..Deep-sequencing small RNAs directly from clinically defined specimens provides a robust strategy to improve melanoma diagnostics. ..
- Wickersheim M, Blumenstiel J. Terminator oligo blocking efficiently eliminates rRNA from Drosophila small RNA sequencing libraries. Biotechniques. 2013;55:269-72 pubmed publisher..This depletion is highly specific and is achieved with minimal perturbation of miRNA and piRNA profiles. ..
- Velagapudi S, Gallo S, Disney M. Sequence-based design of bioactive small molecules that target precursor microRNAs. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:291-7 pubmed publisher..Markedly, microRNA profiling shows that 1 only affects microRNA-96 biogenesis and is at least as selective as an oligonucleotide. ..
- Dimitrova N, Gocheva V, Bhutkar A, Resnick R, Jong R, Miller K, et al. Stromal Expression of miR-143/145 Promotes Neoangiogenesis in Lung Cancer Development. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:188-201 pubmed publisher..We propose inhibition of miR-143/145 as a therapeutic avenue to modulate tumor neoangiogenesis. ..
- Tarver J, dos Reis M, Mirarab S, Moran R, Parker S, O Reilly J, et al. The Interrelationships of Placental Mammals and the Limits of Phylogenetic Inference. Genome Biol Evol. 2016;8:330-44 pubmed publisher..Our results are compatible with placental diversification being driven by dispersal rather than vicariance mechanisms, postdating early phases in the protracted opening of the Atlantic Ocean. ..
- Hatfield S, Shcherbata H, Fischer K, Nakahara K, Carthew R, Ruohola Baker H. Stem cell division is regulated by the microRNA pathway. Nature. 2005;435:974-8 pubmed..Hence, the miRNA pathway might be part of a mechanism that makes stem cells insensitive to environmental signals that normally stop the cell cycle at the G1/S transition. ..
- Jensen K, Covault J, Conner T, Tennen H, Kranzler H, Furneaux H. A common polymorphism in serotonin receptor 1B mRNA moderates regulation by miR-96 and associates with aggressive human behaviors. Mol Psychiatry. 2009;14:381-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that such functional variants may be common and may help to refine the search for genes involved in complex behavioral disorders. ..