Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in China
Publications354 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang S, Zhao Y, Wang L. MicroRNA-198 inhibited tumorous behaviors of human osteosarcoma through directly targeting ROCK1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:557-65 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that miR-198 may act not only as a novel prognostic marker, but also as a potential target for molecular therapy of osteosarcoma. ..
- Wei M, Gan L, Yang X, Jiang X, Liu J, Chen L. [The down-regulation of miR-125b-5p and up-regulation of Smad4 expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells treated with hydrogen peroxide]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:1088-93 pubmed..Conclusion High level of H2O2 up-regulates Smad4 protein expression and inhibits miR-125b-5p expression. ..
- Jin W, Deng Q, Chen B, Lu Z, Li Q, Zhao H, et al. Inhibitory effects of low decibel infrasound on the cardiac fibroblasts and the involved mechanism. Noise Health. 2017;19:149-153 pubmed publisher..However, the biological effects of low decibel infrasound are largely unknown. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of low decibel infrasound on the cardiac fibroblasts...
- Zheng L, Lv G, Sheng J, Yang Y. Effect of miRNA-10b in regulating cellular steatosis level by targeting PPAR-alpha expression, a novel mechanism for the pathogenesis of NAFLD. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:156-63 pubmed publisher..The established miRNA profile of the steatotic L02 cell model and the novel effect of miRNA-10b in regulating hepatocyte steatosis may provide a new explanation of the pathogenesis of NAFLD. ..
- Zhang J, Liu Q, Zhang W, Li J, Li Z, Tang Z, et al. Comparative profiling of genes and miRNAs expressed in the newborn, young adult, and aged human epididymides. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:145-53 pubmed..This study provides a basic database as well as new insights and foundations for further studies on the complex regulation of gene expression in the epididymis. ..
- Shi R, Ge L, Zhou X, Ji W, Lu R, Zhang Y, et al. Decreased platelet miR-223 expression is associated with high on-clopidogrel platelet reactivity. Thromb Res. 2013;131:508-13 pubmed publisher..189, 95% CI 0.043 to 0.836, P = 0.028). The present work identifies decreased platelet miR-223 expression as a novel mechanism involved in blunted platelet response to clopidogrel in a Chinese population. ..
- Sun M, Li J, Guo L, Xiao H, Dong L, Wang F, et al. TGF-?1 suppression of microRNA-450b-5p expression: a novel mechanism for blocking myogenic differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma. Oncogene. 2014;33:2075-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that disrupting the TGF-?1 suppression of miR-450b-5p, or knockdown of ENOX2 and PAX9, are effective approaches in inducing RMS MyoD. ..
- Li N, Zhang F, Li S, Zhou S. Epigenetic silencing of MicroRNA-503 regulates FANCA expression in non-small cell lung cancer cell. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:611-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-503 regulates the resistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells to cisplatin at least in part by targeting FANCA. ..
- Xie G, Ji A, Yuan Q, Jin Z, Yuan Y, Ren C, et al. Tumour-initiating capacity is independent of epithelial-mesenchymal transition status in breast cancer cell lines. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:2514-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, EMT and tumour-initiating capacity may not be directly linked in breast cancer cell lines. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen B, Ming L, Qin H, Zheng L, Yue Z, et al. MicroRNA-141 inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation through targeting PAPP-A. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14401-8 pubmed..Overexpression of PAPPA impaired the miR-141-induced inhibition of proliferation in the VSMCs. Taken together; miR-141 may play important roles in ox-LDL-induced abnormal proliferation of the VSMC. ..
- Sun S, Fu H, Ge X, Zhu J, Gu Z, Xuan F. Identification and comparative analysis of the oriental river prawn (Macrobrachium nipponense) microRNA expression profile during hypoxia using a deep sequencing approach. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2016;17:41-7 pubmed publisher..nipponense miRNAs and their potential targets, and represents a foundation for further characterization of their roles in the regulation of the diversity of hypoxia processes. ..
- Zhang Z, Li H, Chen S, Li Y, Cui Z, Ma J. MicroRNA-122 regulates caspase-8 and promotes the apoptosis of mouse cardiomyocytes. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e5760 pubmed publisher..01) and reduced by miR-122 knockdown (P<0.001). These results suggest an inductive role of miR-122 in cardiomyocyte apoptosis, which may be related to its regulation on caspase-8. ..
- Lu Y, Zhao X, Liu Q, Li C, Graves Deal R, Cao Z, et al. lncRNA MIR100HG-derived miR-100 and miR-125b mediate cetuximab resistance via Wnt/β-catenin signaling. Nat Med. 2017;23:1331-1341 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a clinically actionable, epigenetic cause of cetuximab resistance. ..
- Zeng C, Wang W, Zheng Y, Chen X, Bo W, Song S, et al. Conservation and divergence of microRNAs and their functions in Euphorbiaceous plants. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:981-95 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed wide conservation of many miRNAs and diverse functions in Euphorbiaceous plants during seedling growth and in response to abiotic stresses...
- Tsang T, Tang W, Chan J, Co N, Au Yeung C, Yau P, et al. P-glycoprotein enhances radiation-induced apoptotic cell death through the regulation of miR-16 and Bcl-2 expressions in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Apoptosis. 2011;16:524-35 pubmed publisher..The present study is the first to reveal the role of Pgp in regulation of miRNA/gene expressions. The findings may provide new perspective in understanding the biological function of Pgp. ..
- Huang J, Ju Z, Li Q, Hou Q, Wang C, Li J, et al. Solexa sequencing of novel and differentially expressed microRNAs in testicular and ovarian tissues in Holstein cattle. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:1016-26 pubmed..Diverse miRNAs may play an important regulatory role in the development of the reproductive organs in Holstein cattle. ..
- Ge Y, Sun J, Jin C, Cao B, Jiang Z, Shao J. AntagomiR-27a targets FOXO3a in glioblastoma and suppresses U87 cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:963-8 pubmed..Tumor growth in vivo was suppressed by administration of the miR-27a inhibitor. MiR-27a may be up-regulated in human glioblastoma, and antagomiR-27a could inhibit the proliferation and invasion ability of glioblastoma cells. ..
- Wang Y, Chen H, Fu Y, Ai A, Xue S, Lyu Q, et al. MiR-195 inhibits proliferation and growth and induces apoptosis of endometrial stromal cells by targeting FKN. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2824-34 pubmed..Our study has demonstrated for the first time that miR-195 plays important roles in regulating the functions of ESCs through targeting FKN. The information may be useful for developing a new therapeutic strategy for endometriosis. ..
- Lu T, Young K, Xu W, Li J. TP53 dysfunction in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;97:47-55 pubmed publisher..The role of TP53 in DLBCL has been widely explored recently. In this review, we summarized recent advances on different mechanisms of TP53 in DLBCL and new therapeutic approaches to overcome TP53 inactivation. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang G, Li H, Han L, Fu A, Zhang N, et al. Serum microRNA-365 in combination with its target gene TTF-1 as a non-invasive prognostic marker for non-small cell lung cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:185-90 pubmed publisher..More interestingly, miR-365 and its target gene TTF-1 appear to be synergistic risk factors for the reduction in overall survival of patients with NSCLC. ..
- Zhang L, Xiang P, Han X, Wu L, Li X, Xiong Z. Decreased expression of microRNA-20a promotes tumor progression and predicts poor prognosis of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11446-51 pubmed..The inhibition of miR-20a might even become a new therapeutic method for the treatment of CSCC. ..
- Wu G, Feng C, Hui G, Wang Z, Tan J, Luo L, et al. Improving the osteogenesis of rat mesenchymal stem cells by chitosan-based-microRNA nanoparticles. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;138:49-58 pubmed publisher..Above results demonstrated that CTH NPs was a potential candidate as an efficient non-viral miRNA vector to regulate the osteogenic differentiation of MSCs. ..
- Sun J, Chen G, Xie Z. MicroRNA-361-5p Inhibits Cancer Cell Growth by Targeting CXCR6 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:777-85 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-361-5p acts as a tumor suppressor and might serve as a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of HCC patients. ..
- He R, Gu X, Lai W, Peng X, Yang G. Transcriptome-microRNA analysis of Sarcoptes scabiei and host immune response. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177733 pubmed publisher..The differential expression analysis indicated that microRNAs of S. scabiei and hosts have major roles in regulating immune interactions between parasites and hosts. ..
- He X, Shao Y, Li X, Xu W, Chen G, Sun H, et al. Downregulation of miR-101 in gastric cancer correlates with cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression and tumor growth. FEBS J. 2012;279:4201-12 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that miR-101 may function as a tumor suppressor in gastric cancer, with COX-2 as a direct target. ..
- He J, Yue Y, Dong C, Xiong S. MiR-21 confers resistance against CVB3-induced myocarditis by inhibiting PDCD4-mediated apoptosis. Clin Invest Med. 2013;36:E103-11 pubmed
- Wong T, Liu X, Chung Wai Ho A, Po Wing Yuen A, Wai Man Ng R, Ignace Wei W. Identification of pyruvate kinase type M2 as potential oncoprotein in squamous cell carcinoma of tongue through microRNA profiling. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:251-257 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that aberrant reduction of miR-133a and miR-133b was associated with the dysregulation of PKM2 in SCC of tongue. ..
- Ng E, Tsang W, Ng S, Jin H, Yu J, Li J, et al. MicroRNA-143 targets DNA methyltransferases 3A in colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:699-706 pubmed publisher..These findings elucidated a tumour-suppressive role of miR-143 in the epigenetic aberration of CRC, providing a potential development of miRNA-based targeted approaches for CRC therapy. ..
- Yang Y, Li X, Yang Q, Wang X, Zhou Y, Jiang T, et al. The role of microRNA in human lung squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;200:127-33 pubmed publisher..The miRNA let-7i was downregulated in 9 of the 20 SCC samples, and miR-126 was downregulated in 16 of 20. The deregulation of some miRNAs in lung SCC suggests their possible involvement in the development and progression of SCC. ..
- Zhang B, Liu X, He J, Zhou C, Guo M, He M, et al. Pathologically decreased miR-26a antagonizes apoptosis and facilitates carcinogenesis by targeting MTDH and EZH2 in breast cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:2-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-26a functionally antagonizes human breast carcinogenesis by targeting MTDH and EZH2. ..
- Zhao M, Ding H, Zhu J, Zhang F, Li W. Involvement of miR169 in the nitrogen-starvation responses in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2011;190:906-15 pubmed publisher..N sensitivity of 35S::MIR169a might be attributable to impaired uptake systems. These results provide evidence that miRNAs have functional roles in helping plants to cope with fluctuations in N availability in the soil. ..
- Sun L, Wu Z, Shao Y, Pu Y, Miu W, Yao J, et al. MicroRNA-34a suppresses cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in U87 glioma stem cells. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2012;11:483-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that miR-34a acts as a tumor suppressor in U87 GSCs. Therefore, this observation highlights a new potential therapeutic agent for GSC-based glioma treatment. ..
- Guo Y, Ying L, Tian Y, Yang P, Zhu Y, Wang Z, et al. miR-144 downregulation increases bladder cancer cell proliferation by targeting EZH2 and regulating Wnt signaling. FEBS J. 2013;280:4531-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest miR-144 is an essential mediator of bladder cancer cell proliferation, thus offering a new target for the development of therapeutic agents against bladder cancer. ..
- Zheng J, Wu C, Lin Z, Guo Y, Shi L, Dong P, et al. Curcumin up-regulates phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome 10 through microRNA-mediated control of DNA methylation--a novel mechanism suppressing liver fibrosis. FEBS J. 2014;281:88-103 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miRNA-mediated epigenetic regulation may be a novel mechanism suppressing liver fibrosis. ..
- Su Y, Li X, Ji W, Sun B, Xu C, Li Z, et al. Small molecule with big role: MicroRNAs in cancer metastatic microenvironments. Cancer Lett. 2014;344:147-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miRNAs are small molecules, but they play a powerful role in regulating cancer metastatic ability by construction and modification of microenvironments. ..
- Li Y, Jia Z, Zhang L, Wang J, Yin G. Caspase-2 and microRNA34a/c regulate lidocaine-induced dorsal root ganglia apoptosis in vitro. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;767:61-6 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting casp-2 or upregulating miR-34a/c may provide novel meanings to protect local anesthetic-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Zhang Y, Hu X, Miao X, Zhu K, Cui S, Meng Q, et al. MicroRNA-425-5p regulates chemoresistance in colorectal cancer cells via regulation of Programmed Cell Death 10. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:360-9 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that miR-425-5p regulates chemoresistance of CRC cells by modulating PDCD10 expression level both in vitro and in vivo. MiR-425-5p may represent a new therapeutic target for the intervention of CRC. ..
- Li X, Zhang W, Zhou L, Yue D, Su X. MicroRNA-592 targets DEK oncogene and suppresses cell growth in the hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HepG2. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12455-63 pubmed..These results demonstrated that miR-592 targets DEK transcript and suppresses HCC cell growth, and may provide potential therapeutic target in human HCC. ..
- Yang R, Yi L, Dong Z, Ouyang Q, Zhou J, Pang Y, et al. Tigecycline Inhibits Glioma Growth by Regulating miRNA-199b-5p-HES1-AKT Pathway. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:421-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tigecycline may induce cell-cycle arrest and inhibit glioma growth by regulating miRNA-199b-5p-HES1-AKT pathway. Thus, tigecycline is a promising agent in the treatment of malignant gliomas. ..
- Wang Y, Chen T, Huang H, Jiang Y, Yang L, Lin Z, et al. miR-363-3p inhibits tumor growth by targeting PCNA in lung adenocarcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:20133-20144 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that miR-363-3p suppresses tumor growth by targeting PCNA in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Dai F, Mei L, Meng S, Ma Z, Guo W, Zhou J, et al. The global expression profiling in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Genomics. 2017;109:241-250 pubmed publisher..Our results might provide useful information for exploring the tumorigenesis mechanism and potentially therapeutic targets in ESCC. ..
- Wang M, Hu M, Li Z, Qian D, Wang B, Liu D. miR-141-3p functions as a tumor suppressor modulating activating transcription factor 5 in glioma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1260-1267 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we put forward that miR-141-3p is a new upstream target towards ATF5. It can serve as a crucial tumor suppressor in regulating the ATF5-regulated growth of malignant glioma. ..
- Li T, Li D, Sha J, Sun P, Huang Y. MicroRNA-21 directly targets MARCKS and promotes apoptosis resistance and invasion in prostate cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;383:280-5 pubmed publisher..Gene therapy using miR-21 inhibition strategy may therefore be useful as a prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Zheng J, Xue H, Wang T, Jiang Y, Liu B, Li J, et al. miR-21 downregulates the tumor suppressor P12 CDK2AP1 and stimulates cell proliferation and invasion. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:872-80 pubmed publisher..This study shows that P12(CDK2AP1) is downregulated by miR-21 and that miR-21 promotes proliferation and invasion in cultured cells. ..
- Lian J, Tian H, Liu L, Zhang X, Li W, Deng Y, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-383 is associated with male infertility and promotes testicular embryonal carcinoma cell proliferation by targeting IRF1. Cell Death Dis. 2010;1:e94 pubmed publisher..Abnormal testicular miR-383 expression may potentiate the connections between male infertility and testicular germ cell tumor. ..
- Wang Z, Chen Z, Gao Y, Li N, Li B, Tan F, et al. DNA hypermethylation of microRNA-34b/c has prognostic value for stage ? non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;11:490-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified promoter hypermethylation of miR-34b/c as a relatively common event in NSCLC and might be a potential prognostic factor for stage ? NSCLC. ..
- Wu J, Liu Q, Wang X, Zheng J, Wang T, You M, et al. mirTools 2.0 for non-coding RNA discovery, profiling, and functional annotation based on high-throughput sequencing. RNA Biol. 2013;10:1087-92 pubmed publisher..0. In conclusion, we believe that mirTools 2.0 (126.96.36.199/mr2_dev and centre.bioinformatics.zj.cn/mr2_dev) will provide researchers with more detailed insight into small RNA transcriptomes. ..
- Yan Fang T, Jian N, Jun L, Na W, Pei Fang X, Wen Li Z, et al. The promoter of miR-663 is hypermethylated in Chinese pediatric acute myeloid leukemia (AML). BMC Med Genet. 2013;14:74 pubmed publisher..Inactivation of miR-663 by promoter hypermethylation could be affected by 5-Aza demethylation. These findings suggest that hypermethylation of the miR-663 promoter may be an early event in the development of pediatric AML. ..
- Wang L, Zhang X, Jia L, Hu S, Zhao J, Yang J, et al. c-Myc-mediated epigenetic silencing of MicroRNA-101 contributes to dysregulation of multiple pathways in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2014;59:1850-63 pubmed publisher..0001) and poorer prognosis of HCC patients (P < 0.01). c-Myc collaborates with EZH2-containing PRC2 complex in silencing tumor-suppressive miRNAs during hepatocarcinogenesis and provides promising therapeutic candidates for human HCC. ..
- Wu Q, Yang Z, Nie Y, Shi Y, Fan D. Multi-drug resistance in cancer chemotherapeutics: mechanisms and lab approaches. Cancer Lett. 2014;347:159-66 pubmed publisher..The challenges for the clinical detection of MDR will be to find new biomarkers and to determine new evaluation systems before the drug resistance emerges. ..
- Wang H, Jiang M, Xu Z, Huang H, Gong P, Zhu H, et al. miR-146b-5p promotes VSMC proliferation and migration. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12901-7 pubmed..Downstream miR-146b-5p targets modulating VSMC phenotypes will be further identified. Our study will help to understand the role of VSMCs in the pathology of vascular diseases. ..
- Xing S, Du J, Gao S, Tian Z, Zheng Y, Liu G, et al. Analysis of the miRNA expression profile in an Aedes albopictus cell line in response to bluetongue virus infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;39:74-84 pubmed publisher..albopictus cells. This investigation provides information concerning the cellular miRNA expression profile in response to BTV infection, and it offers clues for identifying potential candidates for vector-based antiviral strategies. ..
- Sun Z, Zhang A, Jiang T, Du Z, Che C, Wang F. MiR-145 suppressed human retinoblastoma cell proliferation and invasion by targeting ADAM19. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14521-7 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggested that miR-145 functions as a tumor suppressor in RB by directly targeting ADAM19. miR-145 could be an anticancer therapeutic target for RB patients. ..
- Li Z, Li Y, Wang N, Yang L, Zhao W, Zeng X. miR-130b targets NKD2 and regulates the Wnt signaling to promote proliferation and inhibit apoptosis in osteosarcoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;471:479-85 pubmed publisher..These findings will offer new clues for OS development and progression, and novel potential therapeutic targets for OS. ..
- Wang G, Wang Y, Xiong Y, Chen X, Ma M, Cai R, et al. Sirt1 AS lncRNA interacts with its mRNA to inhibit muscle formation by attenuating function of miR-34a. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21865 pubmed publisher..Based on the findings, a novel regulatory mechanism was found that Sirt1 AS lncRNA preferably interacted with Sirt1 mRNA forming RNA duplex to promote Sirt1 translation by competing with miR-34a, inhibiting muscle formation. ..
- Hu Y, Li Y, Wu C, Zhou L, Han X, Wang Q, et al. MicroRNA-140-5p inhibits cell proliferation and invasion by regulating VEGFA/MMP2 signaling in glioma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697558 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that miR-140-5p inhibited glioma proliferation and invasion by regulating the vascular endothelial growth factor A/matrix metalloproteinase-2 signaling pathway both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Li M, Zhang J, Liang Q, Xuan C, Wu J, Jiang P, et al. Exploring genetic associations with ceRNA regulation in the human genome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5653-5665 pubmed publisher..These results provide a comprehensive catalog of functional non-coding regulatory variants that may be responsible for ceRNA crosstalk at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Li J, Liang Y, Lv H, Meng H, Xiong G, Guan X, et al. miR-26a and miR-26b inhibit esophageal squamous cancer cell proliferation through suppression of c-MYC pathway. Gene. 2017;625:1-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study reveals a novel feedback loop for c-MYC pathway and implicates miR-26 as a potential target for prevention and treatment of esophageal cancer. ..
- Zhang Y, Wei Q, Ding W, Zhang L, Wang H, Zhu Y, et al. Increased microRNA-93-5p inhibits osteogenic differentiation by targeting bone morphogenetic protein-2. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182678 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that increased miR-93-5p in TIONFH patients inhibited osteogenic differentiation, which may be associated with BMP-2 reduction. Therefore, miR-93-5p may be a potential target for prevention of TIONFH. ..
- Liu L, Liu Y, Yuan M, Xu L, Sun H. Elevated expression of microRNA-873 facilitates Th17 differentiation by targeting forkhead box O1 (Foxo1) in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:453-460 pubmed publisher..In vivo blockade of miR-873 may serve as a novel therapeutic approach in the treatment of SLE. ..
- Liu Q, Gao Q, Zhang Y, Li Z, Mei X. MicroRNA-590 promotes pathogenic Th17 cell differentiation through targeting Tob1 and is associated with multiple sclerosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:901-908 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggest that miR-590 could enhance pathogenic Th17 differentiation in MS and augment inflammation in central nervous system (CNS) through inhibiting Tob1. ..
- Wong Q, Lung R, Law P, Lai P, Chan K, To K, et al. MicroRNA-223 is commonly repressed in hepatocellular carcinoma and potentiates expression of Stathmin1. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:257-69 pubmed publisher..02). Our study revealed specific miRNA differential expressions in HCC and underscores the potential importance of miR-223 down-regulations in the development of HCC. ..
- Cao Y, Yu S, Wang Y, Guo G, Ding Q, An R. MicroRNA-dependent regulation of PTEN after arsenic trioxide treatment in bladder cancer cell line T24. Tumour Biol. 2011;32:179-88 pubmed publisher..The synergy effect between miRNA-19a and arsenic trioxide that advocates targeting the mir-19a may represent a potential approach to enhance the efficacy and safety of ATO to treat bladder cancer by a decrease in dose. ..
- Xu K, Xu P, Yao J, Zhang Y, Hou W, Lu S. Reduced apoptosis correlates with enhanced autophagy in synovial tissues of rheumatoid arthritis. Inflamm Res. 2013;62:229-37 pubmed publisher..01 and r = -0.8937). The impaired apoptosis in RA synovium might result from increased autophagy, which in turn could be due to the deregulation of miRNA-30a. ..
- Gu H, Guo X, Zou L, Zhu H, Zhang J. Upregulation of microRNA-372 associates with tumor progression and prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;375:23-30 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-372 has been identified as a promoter for tumorigenicity of HCC cells, suggesting that it might be a prospective therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Zhou J, Song S, Cen J, Zhu D, Li D, Zhang Z. MicroRNA-375 is downregulated in pancreatic cancer and inhibits cell proliferation in vitro. Oncol Res. 2012;20:197-203 pubmed..Overexpression of miR-375 impacts cell proliferation, cell cycle distribution, and apoptosis of pancreatic cancer cells, miR-375 may play an important role in the novel therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Li X, Ma J, Fang Q, Li Y. Transcription alterations of microRNAs, cytochrome P4501A1 and 3A65, and AhR and PXR in the liver of zebrafish exposed to crude microcystins. Toxicon. 2013;73:17-22 pubmed publisher..This work might be beneficial for the discovery of new potential diagnostic biomarker and drug target for hepatosis caused by MC. ..
- Xiao C, Wang L, Zhu L, Zhang C, Zhou J. Curcumin inhibits oral squamous cell carcinoma SCC-9 cells proliferation by regulating miR-9 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;454:576-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings would provide a new insight into the use of curcumin against OSCC in future. ..
- Yang Z, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Zhang M, Liu H, Zhang S, et al. Serum microRNA-221 functions as a potential diagnostic and prognostic marker for patients with osteosarcoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:153-8 pubmed publisher..More importantly, miR-221 may function as a promising marker for screening individuals with osteosarcoma and for identifying individuals with poor prognostic potentials. ..
- Xu C, Li S, Chen T, Hu H, Ding C, Xu Z, et al. miR-296-5p suppresses cell viability by directly targeting PLK1 in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:497-503 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study indicated that miR-296-5p regulated PLK1 expression and could function as a tumor suppressor in NSCLC progression, which provides a potential target for gene therapy of NSCLC. ..
- He J, Ma J, Wang J, Xu M, Zhu X. Analysis of miRNA expression profiling in mouse spleen affected by acute Toxoplasma gondii infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;37:137-42 pubmed publisher..gondii interaction, revealing the relationship among T. gondii infection, gene regulation, apoptosis and cancer process alterations in infected spleen. ..
- Sun Y, Yu X, Bai Q. miR-204 inhibits invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting FOXM1 in esophageal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12775-83 pubmed..These findings suggest that miR-204 might be a suppressor of invasion and EMT in EC, which offers a novel potential therapeutic target for EC. ..
- Wang M, Zhang J, Tong L, Ma X, Qiu X. MiR-195 is a key negative regulator of hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis by targeting FGF2 and VEGFA. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14110-20 pubmed
- Cao L, Wang N, Pan J, Hu S, Zhao W, He H, et al. Clinical significance of microRNA-34b expression in pediatric acute leukemia. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2777-84 pubmed publisher..It was also indicated that the expression of miRâ€‘34b in ALL patients may affect their response to early treatments. ..
- Cui Y, She K, Tian D, Zhang P, Xin X. miR-146a Inhibits Proliferation and Enhances Chemosensitivity in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer via Reduction of SOD2. Oncol Res. 2016;23:275-282 pubmed..The data demonstrate that the miR-146a/SOD2/ROS pathway may serve as a novel therapeutic target and prognostic marker in patients with EOC. ..
- Li G, Song H, Chen L, Yang W, Nan K, Lu P. TUG1 promotes lens epithelial cell apoptosis by regulating miR-421/caspase-3 axis in age-related cataract. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:20-27 pubmed publisher..TUG1 modulated lens epithelial cell apoptosis through miR-421/caspase-3 axis. These findings will offer a novel insight into the pathogenesis of cataract. ..
- Huang Y, Ren H, Xiong J, Gao X, Sun X. Identification and characterization of known and novel microRNAs in three tissues of Chinese giant salamander base on deep sequencing approach. Genomics. 2017;109:258-264 pubmed publisher..This study characterized the miRNA of A. davidianus for the first time, which provides an opportunity for further understanding of miRNA regulation function in A. davidianus ranked as living fossils. ..
- Zhang S, Yang X, Zang T, Luo J, Pan Z, Wang L, et al. Astroglial MicroRNA-219-5p in the Ventral Tegmental Area Regulates Nociception in Rats. Anesthesiology. 2017;127:548-564 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of astroglial miR-219-5p in ventral tegmental area induced nociceptive responses are mediated by astroglial coiled-coil and C2 domain containing 1A/nuclear factor-?B signaling and elevated dopamine neuron activity. ..
- Shang F, Wang S, Hsu C, Miao Y, Martin M, Yin Y, et al. MicroRNA-92a Mediates Endothelial Dysfunction in CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3251-3261 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that the uremic toxins accumulated in CKD can upregulate miR-92a in ECs, which impairs EC function and predisposes patients to CVD. ..