Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United States
Locale: United States
Publications2817 found, 100 shown here
- Kazanjian A, Gross E, Grimes H. The growth factor independence-1 transcription factor: new functions and new insights. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2006;59:85-97 pubmed..Here we review the latest literature on Gfi1, and emphasize its role in the hematopoietic, sensory and neuroendocrine systems. ..
- Sullivan M, Barker T, Funk S, Karchin A, Seo N, Hook M, et al. Matricellular hevin regulates decorin production and collagen assembly. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27621-32 pubmed..Our observations support the capacity of hevin to modulate the structure of dermal extracellular matrix, specifically by its regulation of decorin levels and collagen fibril assembly. ..
- Cone R, Li X, Sharafieh R, O Rourke J, Vella A. The suppression of delayed-type hypersensitivity by CD8+ regulatory T cells requires interferon-gamma. Immunology. 2007;120:112-9 pubmed..Ultimately, we demonstrated that the generation of these CD8(+) regulatory T cells occurred independently of IFN-gamma, but their suppressor function required IFN-gamma receptor stimulation...
- Rentz T, Poobalarahi F, Bornstein P, Sage E, Bradshaw A. SPARC regulates processing of procollagen I and collagen fibrillogenesis in dermal fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22062-71 pubmed..We conclude that SPARC mediates the association of procollagen I with cells, as well as its processing and incorporation into the extracellular matrix. ..
- Periyasamy Thandavan S, Jiang M, Wei Q, Smith R, Yin X, Dong Z. Autophagy is cytoprotective during cisplatin injury of renal proximal tubular cells. Kidney Int. 2008;74:631-40 pubmed publisher..Our study has found that autophagy occurs in acute kidney injury and this may be an important protective mechanism for cell survival. ..
- Stiefel U, Nerandzic M, Koski P, Donskey C. Orally administered beta-lactamase enzymes represent a novel strategy to prevent colonization by Clostridium difficile. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;62:1105-8 pubmed publisher..difficile in caecal contents. Oral beta-lactamase therapy may represent a novel approach towards preventing C. difficile infections in healthcare settings. ..
- Gopinath S, Vanamala S, Gondi C, Rao J. Human umbilical cord blood derived stem cells repair doxorubicin-induced pathological cardiac hypertrophy in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:367-72 pubmed publisher..hUCB treatment in mice decreased DOX-induced increase of heart weight to body mass ratio and fibrosis. Taken together, these findings suggest the potential therapeutic use of hUCB in reversing heart failure conditions. ..
- Ford C, Gantz S, Phillips P, Williams J. Control of extracellular dopamine at dendrite and axon terminals. J Neurosci. 2010;30:6975-83 pubmed publisher..The conclusion is that the time course of dopamine within the extracellular space of the VTA is dependent on both diffusion and reuptake, whereas the activation of D(2) receptors on dopamine neurons is primarily limited by reuptake...
- Jang S, Srinivasan R, Jones E, Sun G, Keles S, Krueger C, et al. Locus-wide identification of Egr2/Krox20 regulatory targets in myelin genes. J Neurochem. 2010;115:1409-20 pubmed publisher..Overall, this analysis provides a locus-wide profile of Egr2 binding patterns in major myelin-associated genes using myelinating peripheral nerve. ..
- Tang M, Chen B, Lin T, Li Z, Pardo C, Pampo C, et al. Restraint of angiogenesis by zinc finger transcription factor CTCF-dependent chromatin insulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15231-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, during mouse retinal development, depletion of CTCF causes excess angiogenesis. Therefore, CTCF-mediated chromatin insulation acts as a crucial safeguard against hyperactivation of angiogenesis. ..
- Alvarez Breckenridge C, Yu J, Price R, Wei M, Wang Y, Nowicki M, et al. The histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid lessens NK cell action against oncolytic virus-infected glioblastoma cells by inhibition of STAT5/T-BET signaling and generation of gamma interferon. J Virol. 2012;86:4566-77 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that one of the avenues by which VPA enhances oHSV efficacy is through initial suppression of immune cell recruitment and inhibition of inflammatory cell pathways within NK cells. ..
- Spengler M, Kuropatwinski K, Comas M, Gasparian A, Fedtsova N, Gleiberman A, et al. Core circadian protein CLOCK is a positive regulator of NF-?B-mediated transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2457-65 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a molecular link between two essential determinants of the circadian and immune mechanisms, the transcription factors CLOCK and NF-?B, respectively. ..
- Lin F, Zhu J, Tonnesen M, Taira B, McClain S, Singer A, et al. Fibronectin peptides that bind PDGF-BB enhance survival of cells and tissue under stress. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1119-1127 pubmed publisher..As the peptide P12 is active in either soluble form or tethered to a substrate, it will have multifactorial uses as a bioactive peptide by itself or in tissue engineering. ..
- Daugherty A, Rateri D, Lu H, Inagami T, Cassis L. Hypercholesterolemia stimulates angiotensin peptide synthesis and contributes to atherosclerosis through the AT1A receptor. Circulation. 2004;110:3849-57 pubmed..These results demonstrate that hypercholesterolemia-induced stimulation of angiotensin peptide production provides a basis for the marked effect of AT1A receptor deficiency in reducing atherosclerosis. ..
- Yuan H, Shyy J, Martins Green M. Second-hand smoke stimulates lipid accumulation in the liver by modulating AMPK and SREBP-1. J Hepatol. 2009;51:535-47 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results showing that both AMPK and SREBP are critically involved in these effects of smoke point to the potential use of these molecules as targets for treatment of cigarette smoke-induced metabolic diseases. ..
- Chen G, Ke Z, Xu M, Liao M, Wang X, Qi Y, et al. Autophagy is a protective response to ethanol neurotoxicity. Autophagy. 2012;8:1577-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that autophagy activation is a neuroprotective response to alleviate ethanol toxicity. Ethanol modulation of autophagic activity may be mediated by the MTOR pathway. ..
- Barbosa M, Johnson S, Achey K, Gutierrez M, Wakeland E, Kingsmore S. Genetic mapping of the choroideremia-like, rab escort protein-2 gene on mouse chromosome 1. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:488-9 pubmed
- Williams J, Lenington S. Factors modulating preferences of female house mice for males differing in t-complex genotype: role of t-complex genotype, genetic background, and estrous condition of females. Behav Genet. 1993;23:51-8 pubmed..Estrous cycle condition effects were seen in both wild (+/+w5) and inbred (129 +/tw5)females. Homozygous females (+/+) and diestrous females of both genotypes did not demonstrate preferences for either +/+ or +/t males. ..
- Goicoechea S, Pallero M, Eggleton P, Michalak M, Murphy Ullrich J. The anti-adhesive activity of thrombospondin is mediated by the N-terminal domain of cell surface calreticulin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37219-28 pubmed
- Seki T, Hong K, Yun J, Kim S, Oh S. Isolation of a regulatory region of activin receptor-like kinase 1 gene sufficient for arterial endothelium-specific expression. Circ Res. 2004;94:e72-7 pubmed..The full text of this article is available online at http://circres.ahajournals.org. ..
- Lu T, Hong M, Lee H. Molecular determinants of cardiac K(ATP) channel activation by epoxyeicosatrienoic acids. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19097-104 pubmed..2 channel activation. Based on computer modeling of the Kir6.2 structure, we infer that the EET-Kir6.2 interaction may allosterically change the ATP binding site on Kir6.2, reducing the channel sensitivity to ATP...
- Fan H, Zingarelli B, Peck O, Teti G, Tempel G, Halushka P, et al. Lipopolysaccharide- and gram-positive bacteria-induced cellular inflammatory responses: role of heterotrimeric Galpha(i) proteins. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;289:C293-301 pubmed..These data suggest that G(i) proteins differentially regulate murine TLR-mediated inflammatory cytokine production in a cell-specific manner in response to both LPS and gram-positive microbial stimuli. ..
- Lakatos H, Burgess H, Thatcher T, Redonnet M, Hernady E, Williams J, et al. Oropharyngeal aspiration of a silica suspension produces a superior model of silicosis in the mouse when compared to intratracheal instillation. Exp Lung Res. 2006;32:181-99 pubmed..Oropharyngeal aspiration should be considered as an alternative to intratracheal instillation of silica and other particulates in studies of respiratory toxicity and lung disease...
- Zhu X, Zuo L, Cardounel A, Zweier J, He G. Characterization of in vivo tissue redox status, oxygenation, and formation of reactive oxygen species in postischemic myocardium. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2007;9:447-55 pubmed..ROS generated at the beginning of reperfusion caused a shift of redox status to a more oxidized state, which may contribute to the postischemic myocardial injury. ..
- Allen G, Leclair T, Cloutier M, Thompson Figueroa J, Bates J. The response to recruitment worsens with progression of lung injury and fibrin accumulation in a mouse model of acid aspiration. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;292:L1580-9 pubmed..This injury manifests as progressively increasing alveolar instability, likely due to surfactant dysfunction caused by increasing levels of alveolar protein and fibrin...
- Cho Y, Yao K, Kim H, Kang B, Zheng D, Bode A, et al. Ribosomal S6 kinase 2 is a key regulator in tumor promoter induced cell transformation. Cancer Res. 2007;67:8104-12 pubmed..These results showed that RSK2 is a key regulator for cell transformation induced by tumor promoters such as EGF and TPA. ..
- Cho S, Benraiss A, Chmielnicki E, Samdani A, Economides A, Goldman S. Induction of neostriatal neurogenesis slows disease progression in a transgenic murine model of Huntington disease. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2889-902 pubmed..Thus, BDNF and Noggin induced striatal neuronal regeneration, delayed motor impairment, and extended survival in R6/2 mice, suggesting a new therapeutic strategy in Huntington disease. ..
- Xia X, Ayala M, Thiede B, Zhang S. In vitro- and in vivo-induced transgene expression in human embryonic stem cells and derivatives. Stem Cells. 2008;26:525-33 pubmed..These results provide a technical basis for regulation of gene expression in hESCs and derivatives in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Chen Y, Zhu J, Lum P, Yang X, Pinto S, MacNeil D, et al. Variations in DNA elucidate molecular networks that cause disease. Nature. 2008;452:429-35 pubmed publisher..Our analysis provides direct experimental support that complex traits such as obesity are emergent properties of molecular networks that are modulated by complex genetic loci and environmental factors. ..
- Fields A, Calcagno S, Krishna M, Rak S, Leitges M, Murray N. Protein kinase Cbeta is an effective target for chemoprevention of colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1643-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKCbetaII is an important target for colon cancer chemoprevention and the PKCbeta-selective inhibitor enzastaurin may represent an effective chemopreventive agent in patients at high risk for colon cancer. ..
- Fontan P, Voskuil M, Gomez M, Tan D, Pardini M, Manganelli R, et al. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis sigma factor sigmaB is required for full response to cell envelope stress and hypoxia in vitro, but it is dispensable for in vivo growth. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:5628-33 pubmed publisher..The sigB mutant was especially defective in survival under hypoxic conditions in vitro, but it was not attenuated for growth in THP-1 cells or during mouse and guinea pig infection. ..
- Weaver M, Workman G, Cardo Vila M, Arap W, Pasqualini R, Sage E. Processing of the matricellular protein hevin in mouse brain is dependent on ADAMTS4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5868-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified the fragmentation of hevin by ADAMTS4 in the mouse brain and propose that this specific proteolysis is integral to cell morphology and extracellular matrix deposition in the developing brain. ..
- Wang Y, Ghoshal S, Ward M, de Villiers W, Woodward J, Eckhardt E. Chylomicrons promote intestinal absorption and systemic dissemination of dietary antigen (ovalbumin) in mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8442 pubmed publisher..Postprandial chylomicron formation profoundly affects absorption and systemic dissemination of dietary antigens. The fat content of a meal may affect immune responses to dietary antigens by modulating antigen absorption and transport. ..
- Li J, Favata M, Kelley J, Caulder E, Thomas B, Wen X, et al. INCB16562, a JAK1/2 selective inhibitor, is efficacious against multiple myeloma cells and reverses the protective effects of cytokine and stromal cell support. Neoplasia. 2010;12:28-38 pubmed
- Zhou Y, Feng X, Koh D. Activation of cell death mediated by apoptosis-inducing factor due to the absence of poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2850-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the absence of PARG may provide a strategy for specifically inducing an alternative apoptotic pathway. ..
- Gurda B, Raupp C, Popa Wagner R, Naumer M, Olson N, Ng R, et al. Mapping a neutralizing epitope onto the capsid of adeno-associated virus serotype 8. J Virol. 2012;86:7739-51 pubmed publisher..This structure-directed strategy for characterizing the antigenic regions of AAVs can thus generate useful information to help re-engineer vectors that escape host neutralization and are hence more efficacious...
- Xu X, Hu J, McGrath B, Cavener D. GCN2 regulates the CCAAT enhancer binding protein beta and hepatic gluconeogenesis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;305:E1007-17 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that GCN2 is important in maintaining GNG in the liver, which is likely to be mediated through regulation of C/EBP?. ..
- Shah V, Taratula O, Garbuzenko O, Taratula O, Rodriguez Rodriguez L, Minko T. Targeted nanomedicine for suppression of CD44 and simultaneous cell death induction in ovarian cancer: an optimal delivery of siRNA and anticancer drug. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:6193-204 pubmed publisher..Clin Cancer Res; 19(22); 6193-204. ©2013 AACR. ..
- Mostafa H, Davido D. Herpes simplex virus 1 ICP22 but not US 1.5 is required for efficient acute replication in mice and VICE domain formation. J Virol. 2013;87:13510-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that US1.5 partially complements the functions of ICP22. ..
- Guito J, Gavina A, Palmeri D, Lukac D. The cellular peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase Pin1 regulates reactivation of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus from latency. J Virol. 2014;88:547-58 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggest that Pin1 is a unique, dose-dependent molecular timer that enhances Rta protein function, but inhibits late gene synthesis and virion production, during KSHV lytic reactivation. ..
- Tramutola A, Di Domenico F, Barone E, Perluigi M, Butterfield D. It Is All about (U)biquitin: Role of Altered Ubiquitin-Proteasome System and UCHL1 in Alzheimer Disease. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:2756068 pubmed publisher..Further, we focus the attention on the oxidative modifications of a key component of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, UCHL1, which lead to the impairment of its activity. ..
- Weiss K, Ruddle F, Bollekens J. Dlx and other homeobox genes in the morphological development of the dentition. Connect Tissue Res. 1995;32:35-40 pubmed..The Msx and Dlx genes are the best current candidates for a combinatorial mechanism that controls the differentiation of structures within and between teeth, and perhaps also the evolution of those structures. ..
- Maldve R, Zhang T, Ferrani Kile K, Schreiber S, Lippmann M, Snyder G, et al. DARPP-32 and regulation of the ethanol sensitivity of NMDA receptors in the nucleus accumbens. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:641-8 pubmed
- Nambiar P, Girnun G, Lillo N, Guda K, Whiteley H, Rosenberg D. Preliminary analysis of azoxymethane induced colon tumors in inbred mice commonly used as transgenic/knockout progenitors. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:145-50 pubmed..Lack of invasiveness and metastasis in even the most sensitive strains provides a model system for studying the potential role of 'metastasis genes' in imparting a malignant phenotype. ..
- Xu Z, Butfiloski E, Sobel E, Morel L. Mechanisms of peritoneal B-1a cells accumulation induced by murine lupus susceptibility locus Sle2. J Immunol. 2004;173:6050-8 pubmed..Rag2(-/-) mice. This suggests that peritoneal B-1a cells are replenished throughout the animal life span in B6.Sle2 mice. These results show that Sle2 regulates the size of the B-1a cell compartment at multiple developmental checkpoints. ..
- Miller J, McAuley J, Pang K. Spontaneous fos expression in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of young and old mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2005;26:1107-15 pubmed..These results are discussed in the context of current research on spontaneous and light-induced c-Fos expression in the SCN of rodents. ..
- Bartke A. Long-lived Klotho mice: new insights into the roles of IGF-1 and insulin in aging. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2006;17:33-5 pubmed..However, activation of signaling molecules downstream from IGF-1 and insulin receptors is reduced in both Klotho and dwarf mice, suggesting common mechanisms of delayed aging. ..
- Tallam L, da Silva A, Hall J. Melanocortin-4 receptor mediates chronic cardiovascular and metabolic actions of leptin. Hypertension. 2006;48:58-64 pubmed..Thus, a functional MC4R is essential for the chronic cardiovascular and metabolic actions of leptin. ..
- Strom E, Sathe S, Komarov P, Chernova O, Pavlovska I, Shyshynova I, et al. Small-molecule inhibitor of p53 binding to mitochondria protects mice from gamma radiation. Nat Chem Biol. 2006;2:474-9 pubmed..These results indicate that selective inhibition of the mitochondrial branch of the p53 pathway is sufficient for radioprotection in vivo. ..
- Voss Andreae A, Murphy J, Ellacott K, Stuart R, Nillni E, Cone R, et al. Role of the central melanocortin circuitry in adaptive thermogenesis of brown adipose tissue. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1550-60 pubmed..Our results provide a neuroanatomic substrate for MC4R regulating sympathetically mediated IBAT thermogenesis and demonstrate that the MC4R is critically required for acute high-fat- and cold-induced IBAT thermogenesis. ..
- Kirkland R, Saavedra G, Franklin J. Rapid activation of antioxidant defenses by nerve growth factor suppresses reactive oxygen species during neuronal apoptosis: evidence for a role in cytochrome c redistribution. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11315-26 pubmed..Readdition of NGF also immediately inhibits cytochrome c release. We present evidence that this inhibition is mediated by the rapid activation of glutathione redox cycling by NGF. ..
- Ramsey K, Luckashenak N, Koretzky G, Clements J. Impaired thymic selection in mice expressing altered levels of the SLP-76 adaptor protein. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:419-29 pubmed
- Jentarra G, Heck M, Youn J, Kibler K, Langland J, Baskin C, et al. Vaccinia viruses with mutations in the E3L gene as potential replication-competent, attenuated vaccines: scarification vaccination. Vaccine. 2008;26:2860-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that highly attenuated strains of VACV containing mutations in E3L have the potential for use as scarification administered vaccines. ..
- Liu F, Schafer D, McCullough L. TTC, fluoro-Jade B and NeuN staining confirm evolving phases of infarction induced by middle cerebral artery occlusion. J Neurosci Methods. 2009;179:1-8 pubmed publisher..As the infarct is complete by 24h and even earlier in the striatum, even the most efficacious neuroprotective therapies are unlikely to show any efficacy if given after this point. ..
- Thurlow L, Thomas V, Fleming S, Hancock L. Enterococcus faecalis capsular polysaccharide serotypes C and D and their contributions to host innate immune evasion. Infect Immun. 2009;77:5551-7 pubmed publisher..faecalis infections. ..
- Lu X, Yan C, Yuan M, Wei Y, Hu G, Kang Y. In vivo dynamics and distinct functions of hypoxia in primary tumor growth and organotropic metastasis of breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3905-14 pubmed publisher..Our study shows distinct functions of hypoxia in regulating angiogenesis and metastasis in different organ microenvironments and establishes HIF-1alpha as a promising target for controlling organotropic metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Jiang X, Chentoufi A, Hsiang C, Carpenter D, Osorio N, BenMohamed L, et al. The herpes simplex virus type 1 latency-associated transcript can protect neuron-derived C1300 and Neuro2A cells from granzyme B-induced apoptosis and CD8 T-cell killing. J Virol. 2011;85:2325-32 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that LAT's antiapoptosis activity can protect latently infected neurons from being killed by CD8 T-cell lytic granules in vivo. ..
- Nanjappa S, Kim E, Suresh M. Immunotherapeutic effects of IL-7 during a chronic viral infection in mice. Blood. 2011;117:5123-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results strongly suggest that IL-7 therapy is a potential strategy to bolster the quality and quantity of T-cell responses in patients with chronic viral infections. ..
- O Hara S, Bogert P, Trussoni C, Chen X, Larusso N. TLR4 promotes Cryptosporidium parvum clearance in a mouse model of biliary cryptosporidiosis. J Parasitol. 2011;97:813-21 pubmed publisher..parvum infection in vivo, and lack of this pattern-recognition receptor contributes to an altered inflammatory response and an increase in hepatobiliary pathology...
- Farris S, Hu J, Krishnan R, Emery I, Chu T, Du L, et al. Mechanisms of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)-mediated atherosclerosis: role of the uPA receptor and S100A8/A9 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22665-77 pubmed publisher..They also reveal uPAR independence of these actions and implicate specific pathways in uPA/Plg-accelerated atherosclerosis and aneurysmal disease. ..
- Cole T, Beyer R, Bammler T, Park S, Farin F, Costa L, et al. Repeated developmental exposure of mice to chlorpyrifos oxon is associated with paraoxonase 1 (PON1)-modulated effects on cerebellar gene expression. Toxicol Sci. 2011;123:155-69 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PON1 status plays a critical role in modulating the effects of neonatal CPO exposure in the developing brain. ..
- Suzuki E, Karam E, Williams S, Watson D, Gilkeson G, Zhang X. Fli-1 transcription factor affects glomerulonephritis development by regulating expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in endothelial cells in the kidney. Clin Immunol. 2012;145:201-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Fli-1 impacts glomerulonephritis development by regulating expression of inflammatory chemokine MCP-1 and inflammatory cell infiltration in the kidneys in the NZM2410 mice...
- Talahalli R, Zarini S, Tang J, Li G, Murphy R, Kern T, et al. Leukocytes regulate retinal capillary degeneration in the diabetic mouse via generation of leukotrienes. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:135-43 pubmed publisher..05). Our data suggest the critical involvement of leukocytes and LTs in the regulation of inflammation and capillary degeneration in DR. ..
- Varghese B, Koohestani F, McWilliams M, Colvin A, Gunewardena S, Kinsey W, et al. Loss of the repressor REST in uterine fibroids promotes aberrant G protein-coupled receptor 10 expression and activates mammalian target of rapamycin pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:2187-92 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we report a unique genetically modified mouse model for a gene that is misexpressed in uterine fibroids. ..
- Dutta D, Xu J, Kim J, Dunn W, Leeuwenburgh C. Upregulated autophagy protects cardiomyocytes from oxidative stress-induced toxicity. Autophagy. 2013;9:328-44 pubmed publisher..We conclude that autophagy induction by rapamycin could be utilized as a potential therapeutic strategy against oxidative stress-mediated damage in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Stout J, Gousset M, Drummond H, Gray W, Pruett B, Stec D. Sex-specific effects of heme oxygenase-2 deficiency on renovascular hypertension. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2013;7:328-35 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a sex-specific effect of HO-2 deficiency on the development of renovascular hypertension and its effects on the heart in response to the increase in blood pressure. ..
- Ma J, Wang D, Chao L, Chao J. Cloning, sequence analysis and expression of the gene encoding the mouse bradykinin B2 receptor. Gene. 1994;149:283-8 pubmed
- Kopan R, Weintraub H. Mouse notch: expression in hair follicles correlates with cell fate determination. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:631-41 pubmed..This is a novel finding and suggests that mNotch is important for follicular differentiation and possibly cell fate selection within the follicle. ..
- Didier M, Xu M, Berman S, Bursztajn S. Differential expression and co-assembly of NMDA zeta 1 and epsilon subunits in the mouse cerebellum during postnatal development. Neuroreport. 1995;6:2255-9 pubmed..The time course of their expression suggest, that these NMDA receptor subtypes may contribute to specific aspects of granule cell differentiation in the cerebellum. ..
- Targoni O, Baus J, Hofstetter H, Hesse M, Karulin A, Boehm B, et al. Frequencies of neuroantigen-specific T cells in the central nervous system versus the immune periphery during the course of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2001;166:4757-64 pubmed..These data suggest that throughout all stages of EAE, the effector cells in the CNS are recruited from a vast peripheral reservoir, and that the second wave of effector cells is engaged while the first wave undergoes exhaustion. ..
- Pathak M, Dhawan D, Lindner D, Borden E, Farver C, Yi T. Pentamidine is an inhibitor of PRL phosphatases with anticancer activity. Mol Cancer Ther. 2002;1:1255-64 pubmed..These observations suggest the potential of pentamidine in anticancer therapies and may provide a basis for developing novel PTPase-targeted therapeutics. ..
- Veizis E, Carlin C, Cotton C. Decreased amiloride-sensitive Na+ absorption in collecting duct principal cells isolated from BPK ARPKD mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F244-54 pubmed
- Huang Y, Chang Y, Wang X, Jiang J, Frank S. Growth hormone alters epidermal growth factor receptor binding affinity via activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases in 3T3-F442A cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:3297-306 pubmed..Overall, our findings suggest that GH can modulate both EGF binding kinetics and the EGFR's postbinding signaling itinerary in a MEK1/ERK pathway-dependent fashion. ..
- Kristan D, Hammond K. Morphological plasticity varies with duration of infection: evidence from lactating and virgin wild-derived house mice (Mus musculus) infected with an intestinal parasite (Heligmosomoides polygyrus; Nematoda). J Exp Biol. 2004;207:2351-60 pubmed..This is the first study to demonstrate that morphological plasticity of mice parasitized by H. polygyrus varies with infection duration and that this variation is generally similar for lactating and virgin mice. ..
- Streb J, Miano J. AKAP12alpha, an atypical serum response factor-dependent target gene. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4125-34 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide new insight into the role of flanking sequences in determining sensitivity to SRF-myocardin activity. ..
- Maiti B, Li J, de Bruin A, Gordon F, Timmers C, Opavsky R, et al. Cloning and characterization of mouse E2F8, a novel mammalian E2F family member capable of blocking cellular proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18211-20 pubmed..These observations, together with the fact that E2F7 and E2F8 can homodimerize and are expressed in the same adult tissues, suggest that they may have overlapping and perhaps synergistic roles in the control of cellular proliferation. ..
- Jyotika J, McCutcheon J, Laroche J, Blaustein J, Forger N. Deletion of the Bax gene disrupts sexual behavior and modestly impairs motor function in mice. Dev Neurobiol. 2007;67:1511-9 pubmed..However, Bax-/- animals exhibited impairments on the RotaRod at higher speeds. Thus, developmental cell death may be required for masculine and feminine sexual behaviors and the fine tuning of motor coordination. ..
- Anfora A, Halladin D, Haugen B, Welch R. Uropathogenic Escherichia coli CFT073 is adapted to acetatogenic growth but does not require acetate during murine urinary tract infection. Infect Immun. 2008;76:5760-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate that CFT073 is adapted to acetate metabolism as a result of requiring a proper cycling of the acetyl phosphate pathway for colonization of the upper urinary tract. ..
- Zhao Y, Ferguson D, Wilson D, Howard J, Sibley L, Yap G. Virulent Toxoplasma gondii evade immunity-related GTPase-mediated parasite vacuole disruption within primed macrophages. J Immunol. 2009;182:3775-81 pubmed publisher..These results pinpoint evasion of vacuolar disruption by IRG proteins as a new determinant of pathogen virulence. ..
- VanSlyke J, Naus C, Musil L. Conformational maturation and post-ER multisubunit assembly of gap junction proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2451-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings also constitute the first biochemical evidence that defective connexin folding is a cause of the human disorder X-linked Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. ..
- Jin Y, Hofseth A, Cui X, Windust A, Poudyal D, Chumanevich A, et al. American ginseng suppresses colitis through p53-mediated apoptosis of inflammatory cells. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:339-47 pubmed publisher..Results are consistent with our in vitro data and with the hypothesis that AG drives inflammatory cell apoptosis in vivo, providing a mechanism by which AG protects from colitis in this DSS mouse model. ..
- Bhupanapadu Sunkesula S, Luo X, Das D, Singh A, Singh N. Iron content of ferritin modulates its uptake by intestinal epithelium: implications for co-transport of prions. Mol Brain. 2010;3:14 pubmed publisher..More importantly, the iron content of ferritin determines its efficiency of uptake and transport by Caco-2 cells and mouse models, providing insight into the mechanism(s) of ferritin and PrPSc uptake by intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Round J, Mazmanian S. Inducible Foxp3+ regulatory T-cell development by a commensal bacterium of the intestinal microbiota. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12204-9 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore demonstrate that B. fragilis co-opts the Treg lineage differentiation pathway in the gut to actively induce mucosal tolerance. ..
- Simmons D, Canaday D, Liu Y, Li Q, Huang A, Boom W, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis and TLR2 agonists inhibit induction of type I IFN and class I MHC antigen cross processing by TLR9. J Immunol. 2010;185:2405-15 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. However, downregulation of certain TLR responses may benefit the host by preventing detrimental excessive inflammation that may occur in the presence of persistent infection. ..
- Huang G, Fang J, Sant Anna C, Li Z, Wellems D, Rohloff P, et al. Adaptor protein-3 (AP-3) complex mediates the biogenesis of acidocalcisomes and is essential for growth and virulence of Trypanosoma brucei. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36619-30 pubmed publisher..Similar results were obtained by knocking down the expression of the ? subunit of AP-3. These results indicate that AP-3 is essential for the biogenesis of acidocalcisomes and for growth and virulence of T. brucei. ..
- Johnsen D, Murphy S. Isoflurane preconditioning protects astrocytes from oxygen and glucose deprivation independent of innate cell sex. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2011;23:335-40 pubmed publisher..More studies are needed to determine how cell type and cell sex may impact on anesthetic preconditioning and subsequent ischemic outcomes in the brain. ..
- Li J, Li J, Zhang X, Lu Z, Yu S, Wei L. Expression of heparanase in vascular cells and astrocytes of the mouse brain after focal cerebral ischemia. Brain Res. 2012;1433:137-44 pubmed publisher..The unique features of the heparanase upregulation imply that heparanase may play specific roles in the pathological and regenerative processes during the acute and sub-acute/chronic phases in the post-stroke brain. ..