Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United States
Locale: United States
Publications2225 found, 100 shown here
- Huang T, Krimm R. Developmental expression of Bdnf, Ntf4/5, and TrkB in the mouse peripheral taste system. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2637-46 pubmed publisher..TrkB expression in the geniculate ganglion is robust throughout development and is not a limiting factor for neurotrophin function in this system. ..
- Papireddy K, Smilkstein M, Kelly J, Shweta -, Salem S, Alhamadsheh M, et al. Antimalarial activity of natural and synthetic prodiginines. J Med Chem. 2011;54:5296-306 pubmed publisher..The most favorable profile was 92% parasite reduction at 5 (mg/kg)/day, and 100% reduction at 25 (mg/kg)/day without any evident weight loses or clinical overt toxicity. ..
- Kurkjian C, Hollifield M, Lines J, Rogosky A, Empey K, Qureshi M, et al. Alveolar macrophages in neonatal mice are inherently unresponsive to Pneumocystis murina infection. Infect Immun. 2012;80:2835-46 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that there is an early unresponsiveness of neonatal alveolar macrophages to Pneumocystis infection that is both intrinsic and related to the immunosuppressive environment found in neonatal lungs...
- De Beer M, de Beer F, Beach C, Carreras I, Sipe J. Mouse serum amyloid A protein. Complete amino acid sequence and mRNA analysis of a new isoform. Biochem J. 1992;283 ( Pt 3):673-8 pubmed..We propose that, when analysing a multigene family such as SAA, thorough analysis at the protein level should complement molecular-biological approaches where the use of a too-limited repertoire of probes can obscure complexities. ..
- Yu J, Medof M. Characterization of the murine PIG-A promoter region high constitutive PIG-A gene expression in brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;215:497-503 pubmed..Our survey of PIG-A mRNA levels in vivo unexpectedly revealed that PIG-A expression levels are 2-4 fold higher in the brain than in other tissues. ..
- Fero M, Rivkin M, Tasch M, Porter P, Carow C, Firpo E, et al. A syndrome of multiorgan hyperplasia with features of gigantism, tumorigenesis, and female sterility in p27(Kip1)-deficient mice. Cell. 1996;85:733-44 pubmed..The absence of p27 also caused an ovulatory defect and female sterility. Maturation of secondary ovarian follicles into corpora lutea, which express high levels of p27, was markedly impaired...
- Zhao X, Ma W, Das S, Dey S, Paria B. Blastocyst H(2) receptor is the target for uterine histamine in implantation in the mouse. Development. 2000;127:2643-51 pubmed..Using multiple approaches, we demonstrate herein that uterine-derived histamine interacts with embryonic H(2) receptors in a paracrine fashion to initiate the process of implantation. ..
- Halleck M, Lawler JF J, Blackshaw S, Gao L, Nagarajan P, Hacker C, et al. Differential expression of putative transbilayer amphipath transporters. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:139-50 pubmed..These results suggest that the genes are expressed in a tissue-specific manner, are not simply redundant, and may represent isoforms that transport a variety of different amphipaths...
- Daugherty A, Cassis L. Mouse models of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:429-34 pubmed..The validation of mouse models of AAAs will provide insight into the mechanisms of progression of the human disease. ..
- Tolwani R, Hamm D, Tian L, Sharer J, Vockley J, Rinaldo P, et al. Medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency in gene-targeted mice. PLoS Genet. 2005;1:e23 pubmed..The MCAD-deficient mouse reproduced important aspects of human MCAD deficiency and is a valuable model for further analysis of the roles of fatty acid oxidation and pathogenesis of human diseases involving fatty acid oxidation. ..
- Burgos J, King Lyons N, Connell T. Expression of BfrH, a putative siderophore receptor of Bordetella bronchiseptica, is regulated by iron, Fur1, and the extracellular function sigma factor EcfI. Infect Immun. 2010;78:1147-62 pubmed publisher..bronchiseptica. These experiments revealed ecfIR-bfrH as a locus encoding a new member of the growing family of Fe and ECF sigma factor-modulated regulons in the bordetellae. ..
- Akakura S, Nochajski P, Gao L, Sotomayor P, Matsui S, Gelman I. Rb-dependent cellular senescence, multinucleation and susceptibility to oncogenic transformation through PKC scaffolding by SSeCKS/AKAP12. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4656-65 pubmed..Our data strongly suggest that Akap12 controls Rb-mediated cell aging and oncogenic progression by directly scaffolding and attenuating PKC?/?. ..
- Stepanyan R, Indzhykulian A, Vélez Ortega A, Boger E, Steyger P, Friedman T, et al. TRPA1-mediated accumulation of aminoglycosides in mouse cochlear outer hair cells. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2011;12:729-40 pubmed publisher..We concluded that TRPA1 channels may provide a novel pathway for the entry of aminoglycosides into OHCs. ..
- Friggeri A, Banerjee S, Xie N, Cui H, de Freitas A, Zerfaoui M, et al. Extracellular histones inhibit efferocytosis. Mol Med. 2012;18:825-33 pubmed publisher..The present studies demonstrate that histones have inhibitory effects on efferocytosis, suggesting a new mechanism by which extracellular histones contribute to acute inflammatory processes and tissue injury. ..
- Choi J, Schroeder M, Sarkaria J, Bram R. Cyclophilin B supports Myc and mutant p53-dependent survival of glioblastoma multiforme cells. Cancer Res. 2014;74:484-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings link chaperone-mediated protein folding in the ER to mechanisms underlying oncogenic transformation, and they make CypB an attractive and immediately targetable molecule for glioblastoma multiforme therapy. ..
- Wang L, Zhao Z, Meyer M, Saha S, Yu M, Guo A, et al. CARM1 methylates chromatin remodeling factor BAF155 to enhance tumor progression and metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:21-36 pubmed publisher..g., c-Myc pathway genes). Collectively, our studies uncover a mechanism by which BAF155 acquires tumorigenic functions via arginine methylation. ..
- Helton T, Magner J. Beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase and alpha-mannosidase-II messenger ribonucleic acid levels increase with different kinetics in thyrotrophs of hypothyroid mice. Endocrinology. 1994;135:1980-5 pubmed..This is the first report of the modulation of these glycosyltransferase mRNA levels in thyrotrophs and may explain in part the mechanism by which different isoforms of TSH are secreted in different physiological states. ..
- Liu J, Kao W, Wilson S. Corneal epithelium-specific mouse keratin K12 promoter. Exp Eye Res. 1999;68:295-301 pubmed..The paired box homeotic gene 6 (PAX-6), which is involved in controlling eye development, stimulated the activity of keratin K12 promoter. ..
- Jones N, Agani F. Hyperoxia induces Egr-1 expression through activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2003;196:326-33 pubmed..This forms a foundation for analysis of detailed mechanisms underlying Egr-1 activation during hyperoxia and understanding its consequences for regulating cell response to oxygen toxicity. ..
- Ghosh A, Heston W. Tumor target prostate specific membrane antigen (PSMA) and its regulation in prostate cancer. J Cell Biochem. 2004;91:528-39 pubmed..In this review we have discussed the regulation of PSMA expression within the cells, and significance of its expression in prostate cancer and metastasis. ..
- Anderson H, Sipe J, Hessle L, Dhanyamraju R, Atti E, Camacho N, et al. Impaired calcification around matrix vesicles of growth plate and bone in alkaline phosphatase-deficient mice. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:841-7 pubmed..Thus, with TNAP deficiency a buildup of mineral-inhibiting PPi would be expected at the perimeter of MVs. ..
- Palmer A, Sharpe A, Burkhart Kasch S, McKinnon C, Coste S, Stenzel Poore M, et al. Corticotropin-releasing factor overexpression decreases ethanol drinking and increases sensitivity to the sedative effects of ethanol. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2004;176:386-97 pubmed..This difference is associated with greater sensitivity to the sedative-hypnotic effects of EtOH, but not with increased sensitivity to the aversive effects of EtOH. ..
- Li Y, Ganta S, Cheng C, Craig R, Ganta R, Freeman L. FSH stimulates ovarian cancer cell growth by action on growth factor variant receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;267:26-37 pubmed..9kb transcript. Immunoblot analysis confirmed expression of FSH-R3 but not FSHR-1 in ID8. Together, these data suggest that FSH-R3 signaling promotes proliferation of ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Kraft A, Resch J, Johnson D, Johnson J. Activation of the Nrf2-ARE pathway in muscle and spinal cord during ALS-like pathology in mice expressing mutant SOD1. Exp Neurol. 2007;207:107-17 pubmed..Subsequently, Nrf2-ARE activation appears to progress in a retrograde fashion along the motor pathway. These data provide timely information concerning the contributions of the Nrf2-ARE pathway in ALS disease progression. ..
- Adams E, Rice P, Graves B, Ensley H, Yu H, Brown G, et al. Differential high-affinity interaction of dectin-1 with natural or synthetic glucans is dependent upon primary structure and is influenced by polymer chain length and side-chain branching. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;325:115-23 pubmed publisher
- Sutton A, Zhang X, Dowd D, Kharode Y, Komm B, MacDonald P. Semaphorin 3B is a 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3-induced gene in osteoblasts that promotes osteoclastogenesis and induces osteopenia in mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1370-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies support a putative role for SEMA3B as an osteoblast protein that regulates bone mass and skeletal homeostasis. ..
- Kim H, Lee K, Cho Y, Kang N, Oh S, Bode A, et al. Mitogen- and stress-activated kinase 1-mediated histone H3 phosphorylation is crucial for cell transformation. Cancer Res. 2008;68:2538-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, MSK1 is required for tumor promoter-induced cell transformation through its phosphorylation of histone H3 at Ser(10) and AP-1 activation. ..
- Ma W, Jacene H, Song D, Vilardell F, Messersmith W, Laheru D, et al. [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography correlates with Akt pathway activity but is not predictive of clinical outcome during mTOR inhibitor therapy. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2697-704 pubmed publisher..Changes in FDG-PET may be a pharmacodynamic marker for Akt activation during mTOR inhibitor therapy. FDG-PET may be used to identify patients with persistent Akt activation following mTOR inhibitor therapy. ..
- Kondo Y, Duncan I. Selective reduction in microglia density and function in the white matter of colony-stimulating factor-1-deficient mice. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2686-95 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that this mutant is a valuable model in which to study roles of microglia/macrophages in the pathophysiology of myelin disorders. ..
- Beckett T, Niedowicz D, Studzinski C, Weidner A, Webb R, Holler C, et al. Effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on amyloid-beta pathology in mouse skeletal muscle. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;39:449-56 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the effects of NSAIDs in the brain may be different from other tissues and that Abeta alone cannot account for skeletal muscle dysfunction in these mice. ..
- Belevych N, Buchanan K, Chen Q, Bailey M, Quan N. Location-specific activation of the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus by localized inflammation. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:1137-47 pubmed publisher..These results support the notion that local inflammation may activate the PVN by neural routes in a location-specific manner. ..
- Li B, Cai Y, Qi C, Hansen R, Ding C, Mitchell T, et al. Orally administered particulate beta-glucan modulates tumor-capturing dendritic cells and improves antitumor T-cell responses in cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:5153-64 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the ability of yeast-derived β-glucan to bridge innate and adaptive antitumor immunity and suggest that it can be used as an adjuvant for tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Jayadev S, Case A, Eastman A, Nguyen H, Pollak J, Wiley J, et al. Presenilin 2 is the predominant ?-secretase in microglia and modulates cytokine release. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15743 pubmed publisher..We propose PS2 may participate in a negative feedback loop regulating inflammatory behavior in microglia. ..
- Turtzo L, Siegel C, McCullough L. X chromosome dosage and the response to cerebral ischemia. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13255-9 pubmed publisher..Estrogen was protective against cerebral ischemia in both XX and XO mice. ..
- Collins M, Neafsey E. Neuroinflammatory pathways in binge alcohol-induced neuronal degeneration: oxidative stress cascade involving aquaporin, brain edema, and phospholipase A2 activation. Neurotox Res. 2012;21:70-8 pubmed publisher..We present the argument that such neuroimmune activation could be associated with or even dependent on increased aquaporin-4 and glial swelling as well...
- Howard A, McNeil A, Xiong F, Xiong W, McNeil P. A novel cellular defect in diabetes: membrane repair failure. Diabetes. 2011;60:3034-43 pubmed publisher..Because one consequence of repair failure is rapid cell death (via necrosis), our demonstration that repair fails in diabetes suggests a new mechanism by which myopathy develops in diabetes. ..
- Liang B, Cotter M, Chen D, Hernandez C, Zhou G. Ectopic expression of SOX9 in osteoblasts alters bone mechanical properties. Calcif Tissue Int. 2012;90:76-89 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study implies that SOX9 activity has to be tightly regulated in the adult skeleton to ensure optimal bone quality. ..
- Leal S, Pearlman E. The role of cytokines and pathogen recognition molecules in fungal keratitis - Insights from human disease and animal models. Cytokine. 2012;58:107-11 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight recent advances in the understanding of the host response to Aspergillus and Fusarium species in infected human corneal tissue and in mouse models of fungal keratitis...
- Liu Y, Korte F, Moussavi Harami F, Yu M, Razumova M, Regnier M, et al. Transcription factor CHF1/Hey2 regulates EC coupling and heart failure in mice through regulation of FKBP12.6. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H1860-70 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that conditional deletion of CHF1/Hey2 in the myocardium leads to abnormalities in calcium handling mediated by FKBP12.6 that predispose to pressure overload-induced heart failure. ..
- Farrington L, Smith T, Grey F, Hill A, Snyder C. Competition for antigen at the level of the APC is a major determinant of immunodominance during memory inflation in murine cytomegalovirus infection. J Immunol. 2013;190:3410-6 pubmed publisher..SIINFEKL's strong affinity for H-2K(b), as well as its early and abundant expression, may provide this epitope's competitive advantage. ..
- Xiong Y, Pennini M, Vogel S, Medvedev A. IRAK4 kinase activity is not required for induction of endotoxin tolerance but contributes to TLR2-mediated tolerance. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:291-300 pubmed publisher..Thus, IRAK4 kinase activity is not required for the induction of endotoxin tolerance but contributes significantly to TLR2-elicited homo- and heterotolerance. ..
- Kumar D, Kumar P, James P. Methylation-dependent and independent regulatory regions in the Na,K-ATPase alpha4 (Atp1a4) gene may impact its testis-specific expression. Gene. 2016;575:339-52 pubmed publisher..In all, our data suggests that both the promoter and the intragenic CGI could combine to provide multiple modes of regulation for optimizing the Atp1a4 expression level in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Busada J, Geyer C. The Role of Retinoic Acid (RA) in Spermatogonial Differentiation. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:10 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe the process of spermatogonial differentiation and summarize the current state of knowledge regarding RA signaling in spermatogonia. ..
- Ditiatkovski M, Palsson J, Chin Dusting J, Remaley A, Sviridov D. Apolipoprotein A-I Mimetic Peptides: Discordance Between In Vitro and In Vivo Properties-Brief Report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1301-1306 pubmed publisher..Comparing the properties of apoA-I mimetic peptides in plasma rather than in the lipid-free state is better for predicting their in vivo effects on atherosclerosis. ..
- Gattone V, MacNaughton K, Kraybill A. Murine autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease with multiorgan involvement induced by the cpk gene. Anat Rec. 1996;245:488-99 pubmed..The C57BL/6J-cpk/cpk mouse model of ARPKD is the most extensively studied murine model of inherited infantile PKD; however, these mice lack extrarenal pathology...
- Kennedy M, Glaccum M, Brown S, Butz E, Viney J, Embers M, et al. Reversible defects in natural killer and memory CD8 T cell lineages in interleukin 15-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 2000;191:771-80 pubmed..Moreover, the ability to rescue lymphoid defects in IL-15(-/-) mice by IL-15 administration represents a powerful means by which to further elucidate the biological roles of this cytokine. ..
- Ciaravi V, McCullough T, Dayan A. Pharmacokinetic and toxicology assessment of INTERCEPT (S-59 and UVA treated) platelets. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2001;20:533-50 pubmed..Thus, the results of an extensive series of in vitro and in vivo studies have not demonstrated any toxicologically relevant effects of platelet concentrates prepared by the INTERCEPT system. ..
- Pan J, Hinzmann B, Yan W, Wu F, Morser J, Wu Q. Genomic structures of the human and murine corin genes and functional GATA elements in their promoters. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38390-8 pubmed..Mutation of the core sequence impaired both GATA-4 binding and gene expression. These data indicate that the GATA element and its binding to GATA-4 are essential for cardiac expression of the human and murine corin genes. ..
- Hu K, Yao X. The cytotoxicity of methyl protoneogracillin (NSC-698793) and gracillin (NSC-698787), two steroidal saponins from the rhizomes of Dioscorea collettii var. hypoglauca, against human cancer cells in vitro. Phytother Res. 2003;17:620-6 pubmed..Put all in together, methyl protoneogracillin has been selected as a potential anticancer candidate for hollow fi ber assay to nude mice, but gracillin will not be pursued due to lack of selectivity against human cancer diseases. ..
- Chu X, Wemmie J, Wang W, Zhu X, Saugstad J, Price M, et al. Subunit-dependent high-affinity zinc inhibition of acid-sensing ion channels. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8678-89 pubmed..Our studies suggest that Zn2+ may play an important role in a negative feedback system for preventing overexcitation of neurons during normal synaptic transmission and ASIC1a-mediated excitotoxicity in pathological conditions. ..
- Maher J, Slitt A, Cherrington N, Cheng X, Klaassen C. Tissue distribution and hepatic and renal ontogeny of the multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) family in mice. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:947-55 pubmed..In conclusion, marked differences in expression of the individual Mrp family members exist in various tissues, with age, and with gender. ..
- Nathan B, Nisar R, Short J, Randall S, Grissom E, Griffin G, et al. Delayed olfactory nerve regeneration in ApoE-deficient mice. Brain Res. 2005;1041:87-94 pubmed..Together, these results show that olfactory nerve regeneration is significantly slower in KO mice as compared to WT mice, suggesting apoE facilitates olfactory nerve regeneration. ..
- Vega I, Cui L, Propst J, Hutton M, Lee G, Yen S. Increase in tau tyrosine phosphorylation correlates with the formation of tau aggregates. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;138:135-44 pubmed..The results suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation is as important as phosphorylation of other residues in tauopathy. ..
- Terenzi F, White C, Pal S, Williams B, Sen G. Tissue-specific and inducer-specific differential induction of ISG56 and ISG54 in mice. J Virol. 2007;81:8656-65 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings provide the first evidence of a differential pattern of expression of ISG54 and ISG56 genes by IFN-alpha and IFN-beta. ..
- Hoover L, Burton E, Brooks B, Kubalak S. The expanding role for retinoid signaling in heart development. ScientificWorldJournal. 2008;8:194-211 pubmed publisher..It is our hope that this review of the role of retinoid signaling during formation, remodeling, and maturation of the developing heart will serve as a tool for future discoveries. ..
- Ramesh S, Qi X, Wildey G, Robinson J, Molkentin J, Letterio J, et al. TGF beta-mediated BIM expression and apoptosis are regulated through SMAD3-dependent expression of the MAPK phosphatase MKP2. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:990-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that MKP2 mediates TGFbeta-dependent apoptosis by linking SMAD3 to the modulation of ERK activity and mitochondrial-mediated pro-apoptotic events. ..
- MANICONE A, Burkhart K, Lu B, Clark J. CXCR3 ligands contribute to Th1-induced inflammation but not to homing of Th1 cells into the lung. Exp Lung Res. 2008;34:391-407 pubmed publisher..Other CXCR3(+) leukocytes do not contribute to acute alloimmune injury. ..
- Ryan M. The pathophysiology of hypertension in systemic lupus erythematosus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1258-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, elucidation of mechanisms that promote SLE hypertension may be of significant value not only for patients with SLE, but also for a better understanding of the basis for essential hypertension. ..
- Klejbor I, Kucinski A, Wersinger S, Corso T, Spodnik J, Dziewiatkowski J, et al. Serotonergic hyperinnervation and effective serotonin blockade in an FGF receptor developmental model of psychosis. Schizophr Res. 2009;113:308-21 pubmed publisher..These results may provide further insight into the complex multi-neurotransmitter etiology of neurodevelopmental diseases such autism, bipolar disorder, Asperger's Syndrome and schizophrenia. ..
- Zhao X, Singh S, Pardoux C, Zhao J, Hsi E, Abo A, et al. Targeting C-type lectin-like molecule-1 for antibody-mediated immunotherapy in acute myeloid leukemia. Haematologica. 2010;95:71-8 pubmed publisher..Conclusions Our results demonstrate that targeting C-type lectin-like molecule-1 with specific cytotoxic monoclonal antibodies is an attractive approach which could lead to novel therapies for acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Rosenzweig H, Jann M, Vance E, Planck S, Rosenbaum J, Davey M. Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 2 and Toll-like receptor 2 function independently in a murine model of arthritis triggered by intraarticular peptidoglycan. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1051-9 pubmed publisher..Whereas NOD-2 and TLR-2 are both critical for the development of PG-induced arthritis, they appear to elicit inflammation independently of each other. Our findings indicate that NOD-2 plays an inflammatory role in arthritis. ..
- Xu D, Wang S, Yu W, Chan G, Araki T, Bunting K, et al. A germline gain-of-function mutation in Ptpn11 (Shp-2) phosphatase induces myeloproliferative disease by aberrant activation of hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2010;116:3611-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that oncogenic Ptpn11 induces MPD by aberrant activation of HSCs. This study also identifies Gab2 as an important mediator for the pathogenic effects of Ptpn11 mutations. ..
- Hong S, Huh Y, Leung A, Choi H, Ding Y, Kang U, et al. Transcription factor AP-2? regulates the neurotransmitter phenotype and maturation of chromaffin cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:245-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that AP-2? plays critical roles in the epinephrine phenotype and maturation of adrenal chromaffin cells. ..
- Heiniger B, Gakhar G, Prasain K, Hua D, Nguyen T. Second-generation substituted quinolines as anticancer drugs for breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3927-32 pubmed..PQ7-treated nu/nu mice showed a 100% regression of xenograft tumor growth of T47D cells. The results show that PQ7 has a promising role in exerting anti-tumor activity in human breast cancer cells. ..
- Subramanian S, Yates M, Vandenbark A, Offner H. Oestrogen-mediated protection of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in the absence of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells implicates compensatory pathways including regulatory B cells. Immunology. 2011;132:340-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that E?-induced mechanisms that provide protection against EAE in the absence of Foxp3+ Treg cells include induction of regulatory B cells and peripheral sequestration of encephalitogenic T cells. ..
- Zhao J, Rao D, Boldin M, Taganov K, O Connell R, Baltimore D. NF-kappaB dysregulation in microRNA-146a-deficient mice drives the development of myeloid malignancies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9184-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic ablation of NF-?B p50 suppresses the myeloproliferation, showing that dysregulation of NF-?B is responsible for the myeloproliferative disease. ..
- Estevez A, Pritchard S, Harper K, Aston J, Lynch A, Lucky J, et al. Neuroprotective mechanisms of cerium oxide nanoparticles in a mouse hippocampal brain slice model of ischemia. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:1155-63 pubmed publisher..Peroxynitrite plays a pivotal role in the dissemination of oxidative injury in biological tissues. Therefore, nanoceria may be useful as a therapeutic intervention to reduce oxidative and nitrosative damage after a stroke. ..
- Ansari K, Kasiri S, Mishra B, Mandal S. Mixed lineage leukaemia-4 regulates cell-cycle progression and cell viability and its depletion suppresses growth of xenografted tumour in vivo. Br J Cancer. 2012;107:315-24 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that MLL4 is a crucial player in cell viability, cell-cycle progression and is critical for tumour growth in vivo. ..
- Wanakule P, Liu G, Fleury A, Roy K. Nano-inside-micro: Disease-responsive microgels with encapsulated nanoparticles for intracellular drug delivery to the deep lung. J Control Release. 2012;162:429-37 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this system introduces a rationally designed, disease-specific, multi-tiered delivery system for use as an improved pulmonary carrier for biologic drugs. ..
- Zhang F, Gannon M, Chen Y, Zhou L, Jiao K, Wang Q. The amyloid precursor protein modulates Î±2A-adrenergic receptor endocytosis and signaling through disrupting arrestin 3 recruitment. FASEB J. 2017;31:4434-4446 pubmed publisher..Zhang, F., Gannon, M., Chen, Y., Zhou, L., Jiao, K., Wang, Q. The amyloid precursor protein modulates Î±2A-adrenergic receptor endocytosis and signaling through disrupting arrestin 3 recruitment. ..
- Dai G, Liu B, Szpirer C, Levan G, Kwok S, Soares M. Prolactin-like protein-C variant: complementary deoxyribonucleic acid, unique six exon gene structure, and trophoblast cell-specific expression. Endocrinology. 1996;137:5009-19 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified a new member of the PRL family possessing considerable homology to PLP-C, a unique gene structure, and displaying a trophoblast-specific pattern of transcriptional activation. ..
- Murase S, Schuman E. The role of cell adhesion molecules in synaptic plasticity and memory. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:549-53 pubmed
- La Celle P, Polakowska R. Human homeobox HOXA7 regulates keratinocyte transglutaminase type 1 and inhibits differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32844-53 pubmed
- Zipper L, Mulcahy R. The Keap1 BTB/POZ dimerization function is required to sequester Nrf2 in cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36544-52 pubmed..Furthermore, exposure to inducing agents disrupts the Keap1 dimerization function and results in Nrf2 release. ..
- Burnett S, Kershen E, Zhang J, Zeng L, Straley S, Kaplan A, et al. Conditional macrophage ablation in transgenic mice expressing a Fas-based suicide gene. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;75:612-23 pubmed..This new, transgenic line will be useful in investigating the role of macrophages and DC. ..
- Kasman L. Barriers to coliphage infection of commensal intestinal flora of laboratory mice. Virol J. 2005;2:34 pubmed..Lack of sufficient susceptible host bacteria seems to be the most likely barrier to establishment of new coliphage infections in the mouse gut. ..
- Yu H, Wessels A, Tint G, Patel S. Partial rescue of neonatal lethality of Dhcr7 null mice by a nestin promoter-driven DHCR7 transgene expression. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;156:46-60 pubmed..Another conclusion is that even small and subtle changes in the brain sterol metabolism were sufficient to enable rescue. These data also provide important clues as to the cause of the variable expressivity seen in SLOS. ..
- Liu H, Ippolito G, Wall J, Niu T, Probst L, Lee B, et al. Functional studies of BCL11A: characterization of the conserved BCL11A-XL splice variant and its interaction with BCL6 in nuclear paraspeckles of germinal center B cells. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:18 pubmed..We propose that the conserved N-terminus of BCL11A defines a superfamily of C2HC zinc-finger transcription factors involved in hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Kusek G, Wahlsten D, Herron B, Bolivar V, Flaherty L. Localization of two new X-linked quantitative trait loci controlling corpus callosum size in the mouse. Genes Brain Behav. 2007;6:359-63 pubmed..5 Mb (approximately 29.5 cM) and at 134.5 Mb (approximately 60.5 cM) that are largely responsible for the reciprocal differences, with the BTBR allele showing X-linked dominant inheritance associated with CC defects. ..
- Thobe B, Frink M, Hildebrand F, Schwacha M, Hubbard W, Choudhry M, et al. The role of MAPK in Kupffer cell toll-like receptor (TLR) 2-, TLR4-, and TLR9-mediated signaling following trauma-hemorrhage. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:667-75 pubmed..Thus, Kupffer cell TLR signaling employs different MAPK pathways in eliciting cytokine and chemokine responses following trauma-hemorrhage. ..
- Chen Y, Nagpal M, Stocco D, Lin T. Effects of genistein, resveratrol, and quercetin on steroidogenesis and proliferation of MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cells. J Endocrinol. 2007;192:527-37 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that phytoestrogens have differential effects on steroidogenesis in MA-10 cells. ..
- Liu S, Shi L, Wang S. Overexpression of upstream stimulatory factor 2 accelerates diabetic kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1727-35 pubmed..Type 1 diabetes onset further augmented the urinary albumin excretion and glomerular hypertrophy in the USF2 (Tg) mice. These findings suggest that overexpression of USF2 accelerates the development of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Danko C, McIlvain V, Qin M, Knox B, Pertsov A. Bioinformatic identification of novel putative photoreceptor specific cis-elements. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:407 pubmed..These are candidate binding sites for transcription factors involved in maintaining functional differences between rod and cone photoreceptor populations. ..
- Byers M, Calloway P, Shannon L, Cunningham H, Smith S, Li F, et al. Arrestin 3 mediates endocytosis of CCR7 following ligation of CCL19 but not CCL21. J Immunol. 2008;181:4723-32 pubmed..These are the first studies that define a role for arrestin 3 in the internalization of a chemokine receptor following binding of one but not both endogenous ligands. ..