Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United States
Locale: United States
Publications2024 found, 100 shown here
- Geary R, Yu R, Watanabe T, Henry S, Hardee G, Chappell A, et al. Pharmacokinetics of a tumor necrosis factor-alpha phosphorothioate 2'-O-(2-methoxyethyl) modified antisense oligonucleotide: comparison across species. Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:1419-28 pubmed..This favorable pharmacokinetic profile for ISIS 104838 provides guidance for clinical development and appears to support infrequent and convenient dose administration...
- Greenberg L, Slayden O. Human endometriotic xenografts in immunodeficient RAG-2/gamma(c)KO mice. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;190:1788-95; discussion 1795-6 pubmed..Human endometriosis transplanted into RAG-2/gamma(c)KO mice can provide a model for endometriotic bleeding. ..
- Franco S, Senetar M, Simonson W, Huttenlocher A, McCann R. The conserved C-terminal I/LWEQ module targets Talin1 to focal adhesions. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2006;63:563-81 pubmed
- Yao P, Lin Y, Sawhney P, Richburg J. Transcriptional regulation of FasL expression and participation of sTNF-alpha in response to sertoli cell injury. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5420-31 pubmed..These novel findings point to a potential "feed-forward" signaling mechanism by which germ cells prompt Sertoli cells to trigger their apoptotic elimination. ..
- Parsa K, Butchar J, Rajaram M, Cremer T, Gunn J, Schlesinger L, et al. Francisella gains a survival advantage within mononuclear phagocytes by suppressing the host IFNgamma response. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:3428-37 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the suppressive effect on IFNgamma-mediated host cell protection is most effective when IFNgamma is added post infection, suggesting that the bacteria establish a permissive environment within the host cell. ..
- Lazovic J, Jensen M, Ferkassian E, Aguilar B, Raubitschek A, Jacobs R. Imaging immune response in vivo: cytolytic action of genetically altered T cells directed to glioblastoma multiforme. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3832-9 pubmed publisher..This will further the aim of better predicting clinical outcome following immunotherapy. ..
- Levenstein M, Berggren W, Lee J, Conard K, Llanas R, Wagner R, et al. Secreted proteoglycans directly mediate human embryonic stem cell-basic fibroblast growth factor 2 interactions critical for proliferation. Stem Cells. 2008;26:3099-107 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that HSPG are key signaling cofactors in CM-based human ES cell culture. ..
- Maeda T, Cideciyan A, Maeda A, Golczak M, Aleman T, Jacobson S, et al. Loss of cone photoreceptors caused by chromophore depletion is partially prevented by the artificial chromophore pro-drug, 9-cis-retinyl acetate. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2277-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that chronic lack of chromophore leads to progressive loss of cones in mice and humans. Therapy for LCA patients should be geared toward early adequate delivery of chromophore to cone photoreceptors...
- Burgoyne A, Phillips Mason P, Burden Gulley S, Robinson S, Sloan A, Miller R, et al. Proteolytic cleavage of protein tyrosine phosphatase mu regulates glioblastoma cell migration. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6960-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that loss of cell surface PTPmu by proteolysis generates catalytically active PTPmu fragments that contribute to migration and survival of glioblastoma cells. ..
- Nieman M, LaRusch G, Fang C, Zhou Y, Schmaier A. Oral thrombostatin FM19 inhibits prostate cancer. Thromb Haemost. 2010;104:1044-8 pubmed publisher..04). These studies show FM19 reduces prostate tumour growth in vivo at a concentration below that needed for anticoagulation. These data suggest novel opportunities for oral direct thrombin inhibitors in cancer therapy. ..
- Kim H, Ahn J, Kurth I, Ullmann R, Kim H, Kulharya A, et al. WDR11, a WD protein that interacts with transcription factor EMX1, is mutated in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;87:465-79 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that impaired pubertal development in these patients results from a deficiency of productive WDR11 protein interaction. ..
- Shin M, Sage J, Lambert P. Inactivating all three rb family pocket proteins is insufficient to initiate cervical cancer. Cancer Res. 2012;72:5418-27 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly argue that the oncogenic properties of HPV-16 E7 in human cervical carcinogenesis may involve disruption of E7 binding proteins beyond simply the pRb family members. ..
- Mai N, Prifti L, Rininger A, Bazarian H, Halterman M. Endotoxemia induces lung-brain coupling and multi-organ injury following cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. Exp Neurol. 2017;297:82-91 pubmed publisher..This work also introduces lung-brain coupling as a novel therapeutic target with broad effects on innate immune priming and post-ischemic neurodegeneration following cardiac arrest and related cerebrovascular conditions. ..
- Carmody M, Notarianni T, Sambel L, Walsh S, Burke J, Armstrong J, et al. E6AP/UBE3A catalyzes encephalomyocarditis virus 3C protease polyubiquitylation and promotes its concentration reduction in virus-infected cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:63-69 pubmed publisher..We also discovered that ARIH1 functions with UbcH7 to catalyze EMCV 3Cpro monoubiquitylation, but this activity does not influence the in vivo 3Cpro concentration. ..
- Chen W, Kelly M, Opitz Araya X, Thomas R, Low M, Cone R. Exocrine gland dysfunction in MC5-R-deficient mice: evidence for coordinated regulation of exocrine gland function by melanocortin peptides. Cell. 1997;91:789-98 pubmed..These data show a requirement for the MC5-R in multiple exocrine glands for the production of numerous products, indicative of a coordinated system for regulation of exocrine gland function by melanocortin peptides. ..
- Trobridge G, Vassilopoulos G, Josephson N, Russell D. Gene transfer with foamy virus vectors. Methods Enzymol. 2002;346:628-48 pubmed
- Sugii S, Reid P, Ohgami N, Shimada Y, Maue R, Ninomiya H, et al. Biotinylated theta-toxin derivative as a probe to examine intracellular cholesterol-rich domains in normal and Niemann-Pick type C1 cells. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:1033-41 pubmed..Thus, BCtheta is a powerful tool for visually monitoring cholesterol-rich domains inside normal and NPC cells. ..
- Serreze D, Wasserfall C, Ottendorfer E, Stalvey M, Pierce M, Gauntt C, et al. Diabetes acceleration or prevention by a coxsackievirus B4 infection: critical requirements for both interleukin-4 and gamma interferon. J Virol. 2005;79:1045-52 pubmed..The protective mechanism against diabetes elicited in NOD mice infected with CVB4 prior to the development of a critical threshold level of insulitis requires neither IL-4 nor IFN-gamma. ..
- Ponomareva O, Ma H, Vock V, Ellerton E, Moody S, Dakour R, et al. Defective neuromuscular synaptogenesis in mice expressing constitutively active ErbB2 in skeletal muscle fibers. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:334-45 pubmed..Thus, a gain-of-function manipulation of ErbB2 signaling pathways renders an agrin-deficient-like phenotype that uncouples MuSK and AChR tyrosine phosphorylation. ..
- Zhang Z, Zheng M, Bindas J, Schwarzenberger P, Kolls J. Critical role of IL-17 receptor signaling in acute TNBS-induced colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2006;12:382-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that IL-17R signaling plays a critical role in the development of TNBS-induced colitis and may represent a target for therapeutic intervention for IBD. ..
- Borghese C, Werner D, Topf N, Baron N, Henderson L, Boehm S, et al. An isoflurane- and alcohol-insensitive mutant GABA(A) receptor alpha(1) subunit with near-normal apparent affinity for GABA: characterization in heterologous systems and production of knockin mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;319:208-18 pubmed..This knockin mouse line should be useful in determining which behavioral actions of volatile anesthetics and ethanol are mediated by the GABA(A)Rs containing the alpha(1) subunit. ..
- Hacimuftuoglu A, Handy C, Goettl V, Lin C, Dane S, Stephens R. Antioxidants attenuate multiple phases of formalin-induced nociceptive response in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2006;173:211-6 pubmed..The data suggest that pro-oxidant species may be important mediators of tissue injury-induced algesia in rodents, and that a spinal site of action is implicated in the tonic response. ..
- Newton J, Miao Y, Deutscher S, Quinn T. Melanoma imaging with pretargeted bivalent bacteriophage. J Nucl Med. 2007;48:429-36 pubmed..This study demonstrated the use of multivalent bifunctional phage in a 2-step pretargeting-imaging system. ..
- Wang Y, Wan C, Deng L, Liu X, Cao X, Gilbert S, et al. The hypoxia-inducible factor alpha pathway couples angiogenesis to osteogenesis during skeletal development. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1616-26 pubmed
- Aronica S, Raiber L, Hanzly M, Kisela C. Antitumor/antiestrogenic effect of the chemokine interferon inducible protein 10 (IP-10) involves suppression of VEGF expression in mammary tissue. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2009;29:83-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that estrogenic support of CCL-51 mammary tumor growth is related to increased VEGF expression, and that the inhibitory action of IP-10 may be related to suppressing VEGF levels in mammary tissue. ..
- Nukaya M, Moran S, Bradfield C. The role of the dioxin-responsive element cluster between the Cyp1a1 and Cyp1a2 loci in aryl hydrocarbon receptor biology. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:4923-8 pubmed publisher..Given the 100% penetrance of patent DV in Ahr null mice, these results indicate that Cyp1a1 and Cyp1a2 do not play a dominant role in AHR-mediated vascular development. ..
- Yue H, Li W, Desnoyer R, Karnik S. Role of nuclear unphosphorylated STAT3 in angiotensin II type 1 receptor-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:90-9 pubmed publisher..Chronic activation of AT1R induces unregulated expression of the Stat3 gene, leading to nuclear accumulation of U-STAT3, which significantly correlated with progression of cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Donelan W, Koya V, Li S, Yang L. Distinct regulation of hepatic nuclear factor 1alpha by NKX6.1 in pancreatic beta cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12181-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NKX6.1 is a novel regulator of HNF1alpha in pancreatic beta cells. This novel regulatory mechanism for HNF1alpha in beta cells may provide new molecular targets for the diagnosis of MODY3. ..
- Jewell N, Cline T, Mertz S, Smirnov S, Flano E, Schindler C, et al. Lambda interferon is the predominant interferon induced by influenza A virus infection in vivo. J Virol. 2010;84:11515-22 pubmed publisher..However, the overlapping effects of these two cytokine families are limited by their differential receptor expression, with a requirement for IFN-?/? signaling in combating systemic disease. ..
- Martin C, Werbeck J, Thudi N, Lanigan L, Wolfe T, Toribio R, et al. Zoledronic acid reduces bone loss and tumor growth in an orthotopic xenograft model of osteolytic oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8607-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results establish that ZOL can reduce OSCC-induced osteolysis and may be valuable as an adjuvant therapy in OSCC to preserve mandibular and maxillary bone volume and function...
- De Claro R, Zhu X, Tang J, Morgan Stevenson V, Schwartz B, Iwata A, et al. Hematopoietic Fas deficiency does not affect experimental atherosclerotic lesion formation despite inducing a proatherogenic state. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2931-7 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that hematopoietic Fas deficiency does not affect early atherosclerotic lesion development in Ldlr(-/-) mice. ..
- Heffernan Stroud L, Helke K, Jenkins R, de Costa A, Hannun Y, Obeid L. Defining a role for sphingosine kinase 1 in p53-dependent tumors. Oncogene. 2012;31:1166-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting SK1 may restore sphingolipid homeostasis in p53-dependent tumors and provide insights into novel therapeutic approaches to cancer. ..
- d Uscio L, Smith L, Katusic Z. Differential effects of eNOS uncoupling on conduit and small arteries in GTP-cyclohydrolase I-deficient hph-1 mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H2227-34 pubmed publisher..The results of our study suggest that anatomical origin determines the ability of vessel wall to cope with oxidative stress induced by uncoupling of eNOS. ..
- Akinsete J, Ion G, Witte T, Hardman W. Consumption of high ?-3 fatty acid diet suppressed prostate tumorigenesis in C3(1) Tag mice. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:140-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that consumption of high ?-3 diet slows down prostate tumorigenesis by lowering estradiol, testosterone and AR levels, promoting apoptosis and suppressing cell proliferation in C3(1)Tag mice. ..
- Shen Z, Braun R, Hu J, Xie Q, Chu H, Love R, et al. Pin1 protein regulates Smad protein signaling and pulmonary fibrosis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23294-305 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Pin1 is essential for normal Smad6 function and ECM production in response to injury or TGF-? and thus may be an attractive therapeutic target to prevent excess scarring in diverse lung diseases. ..
- McCurdy C, Schenk S, Holliday M, Philp A, Houck J, Patsouris D, et al. Attenuated Pik3r1 expression prevents insulin resistance and adipose tissue macrophage accumulation in diet-induced obese mice. Diabetes. 2012;61:2495-505 pubmed
- Heath C, Deep N, Beck L, Day K, Sweeny L, Zinn K, et al. Use of panitumumab-IRDye800 to image cutaneous head and neck cancer in mice. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013;148:982-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest panitumumab-IRDye800 may have clinical utility in detection and removal of subclinical cSCC using Food and Drug Administration-approved imaging hardware. ..
- Ma S, Rubin B. Apoptosis-associated tyrosine kinase 1 inhibits growth and migration and promotes apoptosis in melanoma. Lab Invest. 2014;94:430-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate for the first time that AATK inhibits cell proliferation, colony formation, and migration, and also promotes apoptosis in melanoma cells. ..
- Acharya M, Sokolovska A, Tam J, Conway K, Stefani C, Raso F, et al. αv Integrins combine with LC3 and atg5 to regulate Toll-like receptor signalling in B cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10917 pubmed publisher..This work identifies a previously unrecognized role for αv and the autophagy components LC3 and atg5 in regulating TLR signalling and B-cell immunity. ..
- Green W. Cytotoxic T lymphocytes to endogenous mouse retroviruses and mechanisms of retroviral escape. Immunol Rev. 1999;168:271-86 pubmed..It also appears that the LP-BM5 MuLV have co-opted the cells of the immune system for retroviral pathogenesis--CD40/CD40L (CD154) interactions are required both for the initiation and progression of MAIDS. ..
- Andrade F, Porter J, Kaminski H. Eye muscle sparing by the muscular dystrophies: lessons to be learned?. Microsc Res Tech. 2000;48:192-203 pubmed
- Cerio R, Xing F, Fatula R, Keith D, Yang X, Talamantes F, et al. Structurally distinct membrane-associated and soluble forms of GH-binding protein in the mouse. J Endocrinol. 2002;172:321-31 pubmed
- Ross S, Rorabaugh B, Chalothorn D, Yun J, Gonzalez Cabrera P, McCune D, et al. The alpha(1B)-adrenergic receptor decreases the inotropic response in the mouse Langendorff heart model. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;60:598-607 pubmed..These results suggest that the alpha(1B)-AR does not have a major role in the positive inotropic response in the mouse myocardium but may negatively modulate the response of the alpha(1A)-AR. ..
- Ding J, Wang K, Brems J, Gamelli R. Protection against concanavalin A-induced hepatocyte apoptosis by molsidomine is time-dependent. J Am Coll Surg. 2004;198:67-77 pubmed..Administration of a NO donor early after Con A injection protects the liver from injury. This is the first study demonstrating a time-dependent inhibition of liver injury induced by Con A administration. ..
- Huang Z, Somanath P, Chakrabarti R, Eddy E, Vijayaraghavan S. Changes in intracellular distribution and activity of protein phosphatase PP1gamma2 and its regulating proteins in spermatozoa lacking AKAP4. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:384-92 pubmed..These studies have identified potentially significant new roles for the fibrous sheath in regulating the activity and function of key signaling enzymes. ..
- Hsieh F, Cheng G, Lin J. Evaluation of potential Stat3-regulated genes in human breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:292-9 pubmed..Therefore, our findings suggest that constitutive Stat3 signaling may be one of the key upstream regulators to induce these downstream proteins, which may play important roles in Stat3-mediated oncogenesis in breast cancer. ..
- Ragoczy T, Bender M, Telling A, Byron R, Groudine M. The locus control region is required for association of the murine beta-globin locus with engaged transcription factories during erythroid maturation. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1447-57 pubmed
- Maxwell J, Yadav R, Rossi R, Ruby C, Weinberg A, Aguila H, et al. IL-18 bridges innate and adaptive immunity through IFN-gamma and the CD134 pathway. J Immunol. 2006;177:234-45 pubmed..Thus, independent of IL-12, IL-18 impacts T cell immunity throughout lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissue by bridging the innate and adaptive arms of the immune system through IFN-gamma and the CD134 costimulatory pathway. ..
- Burgess S, Selzer A, Kelly J, Smilkstein M, Riscoe M, Peyton D. A chloroquine-like molecule designed to reverse resistance in Plasmodium falciparum. J Med Chem. 2006;49:5623-5 pubmed..A preliminary study in mice demonstrated oral efficacy against P. chabaudi and the absence of obvious toxicity. The RCQ approach therefore appears to be feasible. ..
- Szanto S, Koreny T, Mikecz K, Glant T, Szekanecz Z, Varga J. Inhibition of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-mediated tryptophan catabolism accelerates collagen-induced arthritis in mice. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R50 pubmed..These findings suggest that IDO may play an important and novel role in the negative feedback of CIA and possibly in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Gohlke J, Griffith W, Faustman E. Computational models of ethanol-induced neurodevelopmental toxicity across species: Implications for risk assessment. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2008;83:1-11 pubmed..Our example highlights the utility of a systems-based modeling approach in risk assessment. ..
- Yin X, Kidd G, Nave K, Trapp B. P0 protein is required for and can induce formation of schmidt-lantermann incisures in myelin internodes. J Neurosci. 2008;28:7068-73 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypotheses that P(0) protein is required for and can induce S-L incisures and that P(0)-induced CNS incisures can be detrimental to axonal function. ..
- Hallett P, McLean J, Kartunen A, Langston J, Isacson O. ?-Synuclein overexpressing transgenic mice show internal organ pathology and autonomic deficits. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;47:258-67 pubmed publisher..These experimental data provide a foundation for therapeutic modeling of autonomic changes in PD and related alpha-synucleinopathies. ..
- Hanson K, Jung J, Tran Q, Hsu S, Iida R, Ajeti V, et al. Spatial and temporal analysis of extracellular matrix proteins in the developing murine heart: a blueprint for regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013;19:1132-43 pubmed publisher..Similarly, fabricated scaffolds generated using ECM components, could be utilized for ventricular repair. ..
- Umino Y, Solessio E. Loss of scotopic contrast sensitivity in the optomotor response of diabetic mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:1536-43 pubmed publisher..Ins2(Akita/+) mice exhibit a uniform loss in optomotor contrast sensitivity to all spatial frequencies that, unexpectedly, can be explained as being secondary to a retinal or central loss in sensitivity to high temporal frequencies. ..
- Zhang Y, Gao D, Kluetzman K, Mendoza A, Bolivar V, Reilly A, et al. The maternal autoimmune environment affects the social behavior of offspring. J Neuroimmunol. 2013;258:51-60 pubmed publisher..The results indicate maternal Abs and possibly other maternal influences affect the social behavior of offspring. ..
- Roberts B, Zhu M, Zhao H, Dillon C, Appleyard S. High glucose increases action potential firing of catecholamine neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract by increasing spontaneous glutamate inputs. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R229-R239 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NTS-CA neurons are glucosensing through a presynaptic mechanism that is dependent on vagal glutamate release, 5-HT3R activity, and glucokinase. ..
- Roth B, Choudhary M, Khan N, Uluer A. High-affinity agonist binding is not sufficient for agonist efficacy at 5-hydroxytryptamine2A receptors: evidence in favor of a modified ternary complex model. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1997;280:576-83 pubmed..These results are consistent with recent models of G protein-receptor functioning (e.g., modified ternary complex model) that predict that additional transition states of the receptor-ligand complex are essential for agonist efficacy...
- Avram D, Fields A, Pretty On Top K, Nevrivy D, Ishmael J, Leid M. Isolation of a novel family of C(2)H(2) zinc finger proteins implicated in transcriptional repression mediated by chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF) orphan nuclear receptors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10315-22 pubmed
- Oyewumi M, Yokel R, Jay M, Coakley T, Mumper R. Comparison of cell uptake, biodistribution and tumor retention of folate-coated and PEG-coated gadolinium nanoparticles in tumor-bearing mice. J Control Release. 2004;95:613-26 pubmed..The engineered nanoparticles may have potential in tumor-targeted delivery of Gd thereby enhancing the therapeutic success of NCT. ..
- Torrealba J, Katayama M, Fechner J, Jankowska Gan E, Kusaka S, Xu Q, et al. Metastable tolerance to rhesus monkey renal transplants is correlated with allograft TGF-beta 1+CD4+ T regulatory cell infiltrates. J Immunol. 2004;172:5753-64 pubmed..Our data support the hypothesis that the recruitment of CD4(+) T regulatory cells to the allograft interstitium is a final common pathway for metastable renal transplant tolerance in a non-human primate model. ..
- Pehek E, Nocjar C, Roth B, Byrd T, Mabrouk O. Evidence for the preferential involvement of 5-HT2A serotonin receptors in stress- and drug-induced dopamine release in the rat medial prefrontal cortex. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:265-77 pubmed..These findings may have implications for the pharmacological treatment of disorders resulting from or exacerbated by stress. ..
- Song P, Sekhon H, Fu X, Maier M, Jia Y, Duan J, et al. Activated cholinergic signaling provides a target in squamous cell lung carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4693-700 pubmed publisher..Thus, cholinergic signaling is broadly up-regulated in SCC and blocking cholinergic signaling can limit basal and nicotine-stimulated growth of SCC. ..
- Lai Fook S, Houtz P. Airway constriction measured from tantalum bronchograms in conscious mice in response to methacholine. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008;105:933-41 pubmed publisher..The conscious mouse adapted to MCh by breathing at a higher lung volume and reduced frequency to reach a limit in constriction...
- Yao H, Hwang J, Moscat J, Diaz Meco M, Leitges M, Kishore N, et al. Protein kinase C zeta mediates cigarette smoke/aldehyde- and lipopolysaccharide-induced lung inflammation and histone modifications. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5405-16 pubmed publisher..These data provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of chronic inflammatory lung diseases. ..
- Eisele N, Lee Lewis H, Besch Williford C, Brown C, Anderson D. Chemokine receptor CXCR2 mediates bacterial clearance rather than neutrophil recruitment in a murine model of pneumonic plague. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1190-200 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest CXCR2 uniquely induces host defense mechanisms that are effective against virulent Y. pestis, raising new insight into the activation of neutrophils during infection. ..
- Cai Q, Yu P, Besch Williford C, Smith C, Sieckman G, Hoffman T, et al. Near-infrared fluorescence imaging of gastrin releasing peptide receptor targeting in prostate cancer lymph node metastases. Prostate. 2013;73:842-54 pubmed publisher..corrected] The studies suggest the potential of use and development of NIR-fluorescent BBN probes as site-directed agents to help improve the current detection and LN staging accuracy in prostate cancer. ..
- Toubai T, Hou G, Mathewson N, Liu C, Wang Y, Oravecz Wilson K, et al. Siglec-G-CD24 axis controls the severity of graft-versus-host disease in mice. Blood. 2014;123:3512-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that Siglec-G-CD24 axis, controls the severity of GVHD and suggest that enhancing this interaction may represent a novel strategy for mitigating GVHD. ..
- Li Z, Chen P, Su R, Hu C, Li Y, Elkahloun A, et al. PBX3 and MEIS1 Cooperate in Hematopoietic Cells to Drive Acute Myeloid Leukemias Characterized by a Core Transcriptome of the MLL-Rearranged Disease. Cancer Res. 2016;76:619-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, targeting the MEIS1/PBX3 interaction may represent a promising therapeutic strategy to treat these AML subtypes. ..
- Notterpek L, Roux K, Amici S, Yazdanpour A, Rahner C, Fletcher B. Peripheral myelin protein 22 is a constituent of intercellular junctions in epithelia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:14404-9 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings could provide an explanation for certain phenotypes of PMP22 neuropathy mice that cannot be accounted for by dysmyelination. ..
- Retter M, Johnson J, Peckham D, Bannink J, Bangur C, Dresser K, et al. Characterization of a proapoptotic antiganglioside GM2 monoclonal antibody and evaluation of its therapeutic effect on melanoma and small cell lung carcinoma xenografts. Cancer Res. 2005;65:6425-34 pubmed..Therefore, monoclonal antibody DMF10.167.4 has immunotherapeutic potential. ..
- Fan J, Graham M, Akabane H, Richardson L, Zhu G. Identification of a novel male germ cell-specific gene TESF-1 in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:8-12 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that TESF-1 is a novel male germ cell-specific gene, and its protein product may function as a nuclear factor involved in the regulation of spermatogenesis. ..
- Yin X, Baek R, Kirschner D, Peterson A, Fujii Y, Nave K, et al. Evolution of a neuroprotective function of central nervous system myelin. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:469-78 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that the P0-PLP shift during vertebrate evolution provided a vital neuroprotective function to myelin-forming CNS glia. ..
- Marin H, Peraza M, Billin A, Willson T, Ward J, Kennett M, et al. Ligand activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor beta inhibits colon carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2006;66:4394-401 pubmed