Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United States
Locale: United States
Publications1703 found, 100 shown here
- Hurley M, Okada Y, Xiao L, Tanaka Y, Ito M, Okimoto N, et al. Impaired bone anabolic response to parathyroid hormone in Fgf2-/- and Fgf2+/- mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:989-94 pubmed..We conclude that endogenous Fgf2 is important for maximum bone anabolic effect of PTH in mice. ..
- Abrahamson D, Isom K, Roach E, Stroganova L, Zelenchuk A, Miner J, et al. Laminin compensation in collagen alpha3(IV) knockout (Alport) glomeruli contributes to permeability defects. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:2465-72 pubmed
- Chen X, Halberg R, Burch R, Dove W. Intestinal adenomagenesis involves core molecular signatures of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Mol Histol. 2008;39:283-94 pubmed publisher..These unexpected observations are interpreted as reflecting the involvement of a core of the EMT system during the tissue remodeling of early tumorigenesis. ..
- Scheef E, Sorenson C, Sheibani N. Attenuation of proliferation and migration of retinal pericytes in the absence of thrombospondin-1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C724-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, TSP1 plays a significant role in retinal PC proliferation and migration impacting retinal vascular development and homeostasis. ..
- Majumder S, Alinari L, Roy S, Miller T, Datta J, SIF S, et al. Methylation of histone H3 and H4 by PRMT5 regulates ribosomal RNA gene transcription. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:553-63 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a key role of PRMT5 and the two methylated histones in regulating rRNA promoter activity. ..
- Powell A, Anderson E, Davies P, Silk A, Pelz C, Impey S, et al. Fusion between Intestinal epithelial cells and macrophages in a cancer context results in nuclear reprogramming. Cancer Res. 2011;71:1497-505 pubmed publisher..As such, cell fusion may represent a promising novel mechanism underlying the metastatic conversion of cancer cells. ..
- Mandl A, Huong Pham L, Toth K, Zambetti G, Erhardt P. Puma deletion delays cardiac dysfunction in murine heart failure models through attenuation of apoptosis. Circulation. 2011;124:31-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Puma inactivation may serve as a preferential target to prevent heart failure induced by cellular stress. ..
- Sayroo R, Nolasco D, Yin Z, Colon Cortes Y, Pandya M, Ling C, et al. Development of novel AAV serotype 6 based vectors with selective tropism for human cancer cells. Gene Ther. 2016;23:18-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, the approach described here can lead to the development of AAV vectors with selective tropism to human cancer cells. ..
- Deshpande K, Liu S, McCracken J, Jiang L, Gaw T, Kaydo L, et al. Moderate (2%, v/v) Ethanol Feeding Alters Hepatic Wound Healing after Acute Carbon Tetrachloride Exposure in Mice. Biomolecules. 2016;6:5 pubmed publisher..These data highlight previously unknown effects of moderate ethanol exposure on hepatic wound healing after acute hepatotoxicant exposure. ..
- Watanabe T, Nishimoto T, Mlakar L, Heywood J, Malaab M, Hoffman S, et al. Optimization of a murine and human tissue model to recapitulate dermal and pulmonary features of systemic sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179917 pubmed publisher..However, the choice of mouse strain, duration of BLM administration and dose must be carefully considered when using this model. ..
- Bilderback T, Gazula V, Lisanti M, Dobrowsky R. Caveolin interacts with Trk A and p75(NTR) and regulates neurotrophin signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:257-63 pubmed..In summary, our results suggest that the interaction of caveolin with neurotrophin receptors may have functional consequences in regulating signaling through p75(NTR) and Trk A in neuronal and glial cell populations. ..
- Chen C, Pajak L, Tamburlin J, Bofinger D, Koury S. The effect of proteasome inhibitors on mammalian erythroid terminal differentiation. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:634-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the proteasomal degradation of ubiquitinated proteins plays an important role in the enucleation of mammalian erythroblasts. ..
- Wang L, Zhou Z, Saari J, Kang Y. Alcohol-induced myocardial fibrosis in metallothionein-null mice: prevention by zinc supplementation. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:337-44 pubmed
- Enzmann V, Row B, Yamauchi Y, Kheirandish L, Gozal D, Kaplan H, et al. Behavioral and anatomical abnormalities in a sodium iodate-induced model of retinal pigment epithelium degeneration. Exp Eye Res. 2006;82:441-8 pubmed..As such, it should be useful in the assessment of rescue or mitigating effects of retinal or stem cell transplantation on visual function...
- Nihal M, Ahsan H, Siddiqui I, Mukhtar H, Ahmad N, Wood G. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) sensitizes melanoma cells to interferon induced growth inhibition in a mouse model of human melanoma. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2057-63 pubmed..The combination of the two modalities demonstrated a better response than either of them alone. Our data suggest that EGCG could impart therapeutic advantage if used in conjunction with IFN. ..
- West F, Mumaw J, Gallegos Cárdenas A, Young A, Stice S. Human haploid cells differentiated from meiotic competent clonal germ cell lines that originated from embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:1079-88 pubmed publisher..The robust clonal meiotic competent and incompetent GLC lines will be used to understand the factors controlling human germ cell meiosis and postmeiotic maturation. ..
- Sahara N, Deture M, Ren Y, Ebrahim A, Kang D, Knight J, et al. Characteristics of TBS-extractable hyperphosphorylated tau species: aggregation intermediates in rTg4510 mouse brain. J Alzheimers Dis. 2013;33:249-63 pubmed publisher..Together, the findings suggest that TBS-extractable 64 kDa tau production is a potential target for therapeutic intervention of tauopathies. ..
- Huveldt D, Lewis Tuffin L, Carlson B, Schroeder M, Rodriguez F, Giannini C, et al. Targeting Src family kinases inhibits bevacizumab-induced glioma cell invasion. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56505 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with the hypothesis that the increased invasiveness associated with anti-VEGF therapy is due to increased SFK signaling, and support testing the combination of dasatinib with bevacizumab in the clinic. ..
- Sack B, Miller J, Vaughan A, Douglass A, Kaushansky A, Mikolajczak S, et al. Model for in vivo assessment of humoral protection against malaria sporozoite challenge by passive transfer of monoclonal antibodies and immune serum. Infect Immun. 2014;82:808-17 pubmed publisher..falciparum challenge model. Together, these models constitute unique and sensitive in vivo methods to assess serum-transferable protection against Plasmodium sporozoite challenge. ..
- Cerretti D, Lyman S, Kozlosky C, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. The genes encoding the eph-related receptor tyrosine kinase ligands LERK-1 (EPLG1, Epl1), LERK-3 (EPLG3, Epl3), and LERK-4 (EPLG4, Epl4) are clustered on human chromosome 1 and mouse chromosome 3. Genomics. 1996;33:277-82 pubmed..In addition, Southern blot analysis of DNA from interspecific backcross mice indicated that the mouse homologues Epl1, Epl3, and Epl4 map to a homologous region on mouse chromosome 3. ..
- Hofmeister E, Kolbert C, Abdulkarim A, Magera J, Hopkins M, Uhl J, et al. Cosegregation of a novel Bartonella species with Borrelia burgdorferi and Babesia microti in Peromyscus leucopus. J Infect Dis. 1998;177:409-16 pubmed..burgdorferi and B. microti. Patent coinfection with these agents may be relatively frequent in naturally infected mice. ..
- Caspary T, Cleary M, Baker C, Guan X, Tilghman S. Multiple mechanisms regulate imprinting of the mouse distal chromosome 7 gene cluster. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:3466-74 pubmed..We conclude that H19 is not a global regulator of imprinting on distal chromosome 7 and that the telomeric genes are imprinted by a separate mechanism(s). ..
- Prince L, Okoh V, Moninger T, Matalon S. Lipopolysaccharide increases alveolar type II cell number in fetal mouse lungs through Toll-like receptor 4 and NF-kappaB. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L999-1006 pubmed..These data implicate an important signaling mechanism in chorioamnionitis and suggest the TLR4/NF-kappaB pathway can influence lung development. ..
- Yang Z, Jakymiw A, Wood M, Eystathioy T, Rubin R, Fritzler M, et al. GW182 is critical for the stability of GW bodies expressed during the cell cycle and cell proliferation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5567-78 pubmed
- Si Y, Palani S, Jayaraman A, Lee K. Effects of forced uncoupling protein 1 expression in 3T3-L1 cells on mitochondrial function and lipid metabolism. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:826-36 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that the reduction in intracellular lipid by constitutive expression of UCP1 reflects a downregulation of fat synthesis rather than an upregulation of fatty acid oxidation. ..
- LaGory E, Sitailo L, Denning M. The protein kinase Cdelta catalytic fragment is critical for maintenance of the G2/M DNA damage checkpoint. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1879-87 pubmed publisher..The function of PKCdelta in the DNA damage-induced G(2)/M cell cycle checkpoint may be a critical component of its tumor suppressor function. ..
- Bhaskaran N, Shukla S, Srivastava J, Gupta S. Chamomile: an anti-inflammatory agent inhibits inducible nitric oxide synthase expression by blocking RelA/p65 activity. Int J Mol Med. 2010;26:935-40 pubmed..These results demonstrate that chamomile inhibits NO production and iNOS gene expression by inhibiting RelA/p65 activation and supports the utilization of chamomile as an effective anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Bou Ghanem E, Nelson C, D Orazio S. T cell-intrinsic factors contribute to the differential ability of CD8+ T cells to rapidly secrete IFN-? in the absence of antigen. J Immunol. 2011;186:1703-12 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the degree of cytokine-driven bystander activation of CD8(+) T cells that occurs during infection depends on both APCs and T cell-intrinsic properties that can vary among mouse strains. ..
- Bell P, Fitzgibbon W, Sas K, Stenbit A, Amria M, Houston A, et al. Loss of primary cilia upregulates renal hypertrophic signaling and promotes cystogenesis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:839-48 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that events initiating hypertrophic signaling, such as structural or functional loss of renal mass, may accelerate progression of adult polycystic kidney disease toward end-stage renal disease. ..
- Thomas S, Soriano P, Imamoto A. Specific and redundant roles of Src and Fyn in organizing the cytoskeleton. Nature. 1995;376:267-71 pubmed..Thus, Src family kinases have both specific and overlapping functions in regulation of the cytoskeleton. The disturbance of these functions may be a molecular basis for the phenotype exhibited by csk- mutants. ..
- Belgrader P, Maquat L. Nonsense but not missense mutations can decrease the abundance of nuclear mRNA for the mouse major urinary protein, while both types of mutations can facilitate exon skipping. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6326-36 pubmed..This suggests that a 5' splice site may extend as far as 12 nucleotides into the upstream exon, which is, to our knowledge, the largest extension. ..
- Gillies S, Lan Y, Wesolowski J, Qian X, Reisfeld R, Holden S, et al. Antibody-IL-12 fusion proteins are effective in SCID mouse models of prostate and colon carcinoma metastases. J Immunol. 1998;160:6195-203 pubmed..These results demonstrate the importance of directing this potent cytokine to the tumor microenvironment and suggest an important alternative to systemic IL-12 administration or gene therapy for increasing its therapeutic index. ..
- Himeda C, Ranish J, Angello J, Maire P, Aebersold R, Hauschka S. Quantitative proteomic identification of six4 as the trex-binding factor in the muscle creatine kinase enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2132-43 pubmed..Our proteomics strategy will be useful for identifying transcription factors from complex mixtures using only defined DNA fragments for purification. ..
- Kujoth G, Hiona A, Pugh T, Someya S, Panzer K, Wohlgemuth S, et al. Mitochondrial DNA mutations, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in mammalian aging. Science. 2005;309:481-4 pubmed..The levels of apoptotic markers were also found to increase during aging in normal mice. Thus, accumulation of mtDNA mutations that promote apoptosis may be a central mechanism driving mammalian aging. ..
- Chen J, Somanath P, Razorenova O, Chen W, Hay N, Bornstein P, et al. Akt1 regulates pathological angiogenesis, vascular maturation and permeability in vivo. Nat Med. 2005;11:1188-96 pubmed..Re-expression of TSP-1 and TSP-2 in mice transplanted with wild-type bone marrow corrected the angiogenic abnormalities in Akt1(-/-) mice. These findings establish a crucial role of an Akt-thrombospondin axis in angiogenesis. ..
- Malik A, Mukhtar H. Prostate cancer prevention through pomegranate fruit. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:371-3 pubmed
- Lin Q, Zhang C, Rikihisa Y. Analysis of involvement of the RecF pathway in p44 recombination in Anaplasma phagocytophilum and in Escherichia coli by using a plasmid carrying the p44 expression and p44 donor loci. Infect Immun. 2006;74:2052-62 pubmed..coli strain with active RecF recombination pathway but not in strains with deficient RecF pathway. Our results support the view that the p44 gene conversion in A. phagocytophilum occurs through the RecF pathway. ..
- Norris R, Damon B, Mironov V, Kasyanov V, Ramamurthi A, Moreno Rodriguez R, et al. Periostin regulates collagen fibrillogenesis and the biomechanical properties of connective tissues. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:695-711 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate for the first time that periostin can regulate collagen I fibrillogenesis and thereby serves as an important mediator of the biomechanical properties of fibrous connective tissues. ..
- Kaback L, Soung D, Naik A, Smith N, Schwarz E, O Keefe R, et al. Osterix/Sp7 regulates mesenchymal stem cell mediated endochondral ossification. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:173-82 pubmed
- Merkulov S, Zhang W, Komar A, Schmaier A, Barnes E, Zhou Y, et al. Deletion of murine kininogen gene 1 (mKng1) causes loss of plasma kininogen and delays thrombosis. Blood. 2008;111:1274-81 pubmed..These results suggest that a single gene, mKng1, is responsible for production of plasma kininogen, and that plasma HK contributes to induced arterial thrombosis in mice. ..
- Howard J, Finch N, Ochrietor J. Characterization of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) binding affinity for Basigin gene products and L1cam. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010;30:671-4 pubmed publisher..Despite a high degree of sequence conservation between Basigin gene products and L1cam, the sequences are different enough to prevent L1cam from interacting with MCT1. ..
- Markham A, Barrett B, Esfandiary R, Picking W, Picking W, Joshi S, et al. Formulation and immunogenicity of a potential multivalent type III secretion system-based protein vaccine. J Pharm Sci. 2010;99:4497-509 pubmed publisher..While the IpaD titer is boosted slightly in the presence of its needle protein, MxiH, SipD titers appear to be reduced when administered in the presence of its needle counterpart, PrgI. ..
- Beier J, McClain C. Mechanisms and cell signaling in alcoholic liver disease. Biol Chem. 2010;391:1249-64 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to summarize the established and proposed mechanisms by which chronic alcohol abuse damages the liver and to highlight key signaling events known or hypothesized to mediate these effects. ..
- Davis M, Haley T, Duvoisin R, Raber J. Measures of anxiety, sensorimotor function, and memory in male and female mGluR4?/? mice. Behav Brain Res. 2012;229:21-8 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that effects of mGluR4 on sensorimotor function and measures of anxiety, but not cued fear conditioning, are critically modulated by sex and age. ..
- Liu Y, Peng L, Seto E, Huang S, Qiu Y. Modulation of histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) nuclear import and tubulin deacetylase activity through acetylation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:29168-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that acetylation is an important post-translational modification that regulates HDAC6 tubulin deacetylase activity and nuclear import. ..
- Aeffner F, Abdulrahman B, Hickman Davis J, Janssen P, Amer A, Bedwell D, et al. Heterozygosity for the F508del mutation in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator anion channel attenuates influenza severity. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:780-9 pubmed publisher..CFTR-mediated Cl(-) secretion is therefore an important host determinant of disease, and CFTR inhibition may be of therapeutic benefit in influenza. ..
- Hines E, Jones M, Verheyden J, Harvey J, Sun X. Establishment of smooth muscle and cartilage juxtaposition in the developing mouse upper airways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19444-9 pubmed publisher..These findings together delineate the mechanisms through which a cell-autonomous disruption of one structural tissue can have widespread consequences on upper airway function. ..
- Jiang K, Jiao S, Vitko M, Darrah R, Flask C, Hodges C, et al. The impact of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Regulator Disruption on cardiac function and stress response. J Cyst Fibros. 2016;15:34-42 pubmed publisher..CFTR disruption leads to increased myocardial contractility at baseline, which may trigger untoward myocardial remodeling in CF patients that is independent of lung diseases. ..
- Lassar A, Buskin J, Lockshon D, Davis R, Apone S, Hauschka S, et al. MyoD is a sequence-specific DNA binding protein requiring a region of myc homology to bind to the muscle creatine kinase enhancer. Cell. 1989;58:823-31 pubmed..These findings suggest that the biological activity of MyoD is mediated via its capacity for specific DNA interaction. ..
- Bishayee A, Rao D, Srivastava S, Bouchet L, Bolch W, Howell R. Marrow-sparing effects of 117mSn(4+)diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid for radionuclide therapy of bone cancer. J Nucl Med. 2000;41:2043-50 pubmed..A recent study on 47 patients using the short-range CE emitter 117mSn(4+)diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (117mSn(4+)DTPA) supports this hypothesis. The hypothesis is now tested using 117mSn(4+)DTPA in a mouse femur model...
- Fawcett P, Rose C, Budd S, Gibney K. Effect of immunization with recombinant OspA on serologic tests for Lyme borreliosis. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2001;8:79-84 pubmed..Antibodies produced in response to OspA vaccination did not significantly affect the performance of the dot blot test; thus, it could provide a reliable means to test for infection with B. burgdorferi in OspA vaccine recipients. ..
- Robia S, Ghanta J, Robu V, Walker J. Localization and kinetics of protein kinase C-epsilon anchoring in cardiac myocytes. Biophys J. 2001;80:2140-51 pubmed..The k(off) for epsilonV1-GFP was two- to threefold faster than for full-length enzyme, indicating that other domains in PKC-epsilon contribute to anchoring by prolonging the bound state. ..
- Pathak M, Yi T. Sodium stibogluconate is a potent inhibitor of protein tyrosine phosphatases and augments cytokine responses in hemopoietic cell lines. J Immunol. 2001;167:3391-7 pubmed..Our results provide novel insights into the pharmacological effects of the drug and suggest potential new therapeutic applications. ..
- Cataldo A, Petanceska S, Peterhoff C, Terio N, Epstein C, Villar A, et al. App gene dosage modulates endosomal abnormalities of Alzheimer's disease in a segmental trisomy 16 mouse model of down syndrome. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6788-92 pubmed..These results identify an essential role for App gene triplication in causing AD-related endosomal abnormalities and further establish the pathogenic significance of endosomal dysfunction in AD. ..
- He K, Wang X, Jiang J, Guan R, Bernstein K, Sayeski P, et al. Janus kinase 2 determinants for growth hormone receptor association, surface assembly, and signaling. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2211-27 pubmed..Further, we report evidence for the existence of a novel GH-inducible functional interaction between JAK2 molecules that may be important in the mechanism of GH-triggered JAK2 signaling. ..
- Huang Y, Kim S, Yang N, Jiang J, Frank S. Physical and functional interaction of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-I signaling elements. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1471-85 pubmed..These findings suggest the existence of previously unappreciated relationships between these two hormones. ..
- Rhodes J, Best K, Belknap J, Finn D, Crabbe J. Evaluation of a simple model of ethanol drinking to intoxication in C57BL/6J mice. Physiol Behav. 2005;84:53-63 pubmed..We discuss advantages of the model for high-throughput screening assays where the goal is to find other genotypes of mice that drink excessively, or to screen drugs for their efficacy in blocking excessive drinking. ..
- Scaglione B, Salerno E, Balan M, Coffman F, Landgraf P, Abbasi F, et al. Murine models of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: role of microRNA-16 in the New Zealand Black mouse model. Br J Haematol. 2007;139:645-57 pubmed..Future studies utilizing the NZB mouse could ascertain the role of environmental triggers, such as low dose radiation and organic chemicals in the augmentation of a pre-existing propensity to develop CLL. ..
- Berbari N, Lewis J, Bishop G, Askwith C, Mykytyn K. Bardet-Biedl syndrome proteins are required for the localization of G protein-coupled receptors to primary cilia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4242-6 pubmed publisher..Our results also provide a potential molecular mechanism to link cilia defects with obesity. ..
- Shan W, Palkar P, Murray I, McDevitt E, Kennett M, Kang B, et al. Ligand activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor beta/delta (PPARbeta/delta) attenuates carbon tetrachloride hepatotoxicity by downregulating proinflammatory gene expression. Toxicol Sci. 2008;105:418-28 pubmed publisher..Hepatocytes and hepatic stellate cells do not appear to directly mediate the inhibitory effects of ligand activation of PPARbeta/delta in liver, suggesting the involvement of paracrine and autocrine events mediated by hepatic cells. ..
- Tambour S, Brown L, Crabbe J. Gender and age at drinking onset affect voluntary alcohol consumption but neither the alcohol deprivation effect nor the response to stress in mice. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2008;32:2100-6 pubmed publisher..e., puberty). Age of voluntary drinking onset (adolescence vs. adulthood) does not affect eventual alcohol intake in adult WSC-1 mice and does not modify the transient increase in ethanol consumption after alcohol deprivation. ..
- Puthussery T, Gayet Primo J, Pandey S, Duvoisin R, Taylor W. Differential loss and preservation of glutamate receptor function in bipolar cells in the rd10 mouse model of retinitis pigmentosa. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:1533-42 pubmed publisher..These findings define the temporal window over which bipolar cells may be receptive to photoreceptor repair or replacement. ..
- Leavenworth J, Ma X, Mo Y, Pauza M. SUMO conjugation contributes to immune deviation in nonobese diabetic mice by suppressing c-Maf transactivation of IL-4. J Immunol. 2009;183:1110-9 pubmed publisher..D2 mice, suggesting that increased c-Maf sumoylation contributes to immune deviation in T1D by reducing c-Maf access to and transactivation of the IL-4 gene. ..
- Dong F, Khalil M, Kiedrowski M, O Connor C, Petrovic E, Zhou X, et al. Critical role for leukocyte hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha expression in post-myocardial infarction left ventricular remodeling. Circ Res. 2010;106:601-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that WBC infiltration into the newly injured myocardium plays a significant role in left ventricular remodeling, but not infarct size. ..
- Moon S, Kim H, Kim T, Choi K, Oh C, Ahn Y, et al. Blocking effect of a monoclonal antibody against recombinant Pvs25 on sporozoite development in Anopheles sinensis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:1183-7 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggest that recombinant Pvs25 could be a useful antigen in the development of a vaccine to prevent local malaria transmission in the Republic of Korea. ..
- Sefcik L, Aronin C, Awojoodu A, Shin S, Mac Gabhann F, Macdonald T, et al. Selective activation of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors 1 and 3 promotes local microvascular network growth. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:617-29 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the effectiveness of S1P(1) and S1P(3) receptor-selective agonists (such as FTY720) in promoting microvascular growth for tissue engineering applications. ..
- Haubensak W, Kunwar P, Cai H, Ciocchi S, Wall N, Ponnusamy R, et al. Genetic dissection of an amygdala microcircuit that gates conditioned fear. Nature. 2010;468:270-6 pubmed publisher..This correspondence, together with behavioural data, defines an inhibitory microcircuit in CEl that gates CEm output to control the level of conditioned freezing. ..
- Youngstrom I, Strowbridge B. Visual landmarks facilitate rodent spatial navigation in virtual reality environments. Learn Mem. 2012;19:84-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mice are able to learn to navigate to specific locations using only visual cues presented within a virtual environment rendered on a single computer monitor. ..
- Crittenden M, Cottam B, Savage T, Nguyen C, Newell P, Gough M. Expression of NF-?B p50 in tumor stroma limits the control of tumors by radiation therapy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39295 pubmed publisher..We propose that despite the opportunity for increased antigen-specific adaptive immune responses, the intrinsic processes of repair following radiation therapy may limit the ability to control residual disease. ..
- Boyanovsky B, Bailey W, Dixon L, Shridas P, Webb N. Group V secretory phospholipase A2 enhances the progression of angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysms but confers protection against angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis in apoE-deficient mice. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:1088-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that GV sPLA(2) modulates pathological responses to Ang II, with different outcomes for AAA and cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Valasani K, Hu G, Chaney M, Yan S. Structure-based design and synthesis of benzothiazole phosphonate analogues with inhibitors of human ABAD-A? for treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2013;81:238-49 pubmed publisher..We have synthesized only the compounds that have shown the best drug-like properties as candidates for further studies. ..
- Burns S, Akhmametyeva E, Oblinger J, Bush M, Huang J, Senner V, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor AR-42 differentially affects cell-cycle transit in meningeal and meningioma cells, potently inhibiting NF2-deficient meningioma growth. Cancer Res. 2013;73:792-803 pubmed publisher..The differential effect of AR-42 on cell-cycle progression of normal meningeal and meningioma cells may have implications for why AR-42 is well-tolerated while it potently inhibits tumor growth. ..
- Sutliff R, Hilenski L, Amanso A, Parastatidis I, Dikalova A, Hansen L, et al. Polymerase delta interacting protein 2 sustains vascular structure and function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:2154-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, unaltered expression of Poldip2 is necessary for vascular integrity and function. ..
- Baker R, Bradley B, Wiles T, Lindsay R, Barbour G, Delong T, et al. Cutting Edge: Nonobese Diabetic Mice Deficient in Chromogranin A Are Protected from Autoimmune Diabetes. J Immunol. 2016;196:39-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the presence of ChgA and subsequent activation of ChgA-reactive T cells are essential for the initiation and development of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice. ..
- Sharan S, Holdener Kenny B, Ruppert S, Schedl A, Kelsey G, Rinchik E, et al. The albino-deletion complex of the mouse: molecular mapping of deletion breakpoints that define regions necessary for development of the embryonic and extraembryonic ectoderm. Genetics. 1991;129:825-32 pubmed
- Sine S, Ohno K, Bouzat C, Auerbach A, Milone M, Pruitt J, et al. Mutation of the acetylcholine receptor alpha subunit causes a slow-channel myasthenic syndrome by enhancing agonist binding affinity. Neuron. 1995;15:229-39 pubmed..Thus, ACh binding affinity can dictate the time course of the synaptic response, and alpha G153 contributes to the low binding affinity for ACh needed to speed the decay of the synaptic response. ..
- Frustaci J, O Brian M. The Escherichia coli visA gene encodes ferrochelatase, the final enzyme of the heme biosynthetic pathway. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:2154-6 pubmed..The overexpressed protein was purified to near homogeneity and was found to contain ferrochelatase activity. The data show that the visA gene encodes ferrochelatase, and we propose that it be renamed hemH to reflect that conclusion. ..
- Carrel L, Hunt P, Willard H. Tissue and lineage-specific variation in inactive X chromosome expression of the murine Smcx gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:1361-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the chromosomal basis of X inactivation differs among tissues, perhaps reflecting differences in the timing or regulation of inactivation in these cell lineages. ..
- Hahn E, Clancy K, Tai H, Ricken J, He L, Gamelli R. Prostaglandin E2 alterations during sepsis are partially mediated by endotoxin-induced inhibition of prostaglandin 15-hydroxydehydrogenase. J Trauma. 1998;44:777-81; discussion 781-2 pubmed..Consequently, sepsis-induced increases in PGE2 levels may not be only due to increased PGE2 synthesis but also due to decreased PGDH expression and, hence, PGE2 degradation. ..
- Ghosh A, Sarkar S, Rowe T, Sen G. A specific isozyme of 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase is a dual function proapoptotic protein of the Bcl-2 family. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25447-55 pubmed..Moreover, the cellular abundance of this protein is regulated by alternative splicing; the other isozymes encoded by the same gene are not proapoptotic. ..
- Lightle S, Tosheva R, Lee A, Queen Baker J, Boyanovsky B, Shedlofsky S, et al. Elevation of ceramide in serum lipoproteins during acute phase response in humans and mice: role of serine-palmitoyl transferase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;419:120-8 pubmed..ASMase knockout mice retained LPS-induced increases in serum ceramide, thus suggesting that the elevation of VLDL and LDL ceramide content is attributed at least in part to activation of de novo synthesis of ceramide in the liver. ..
- Wechsler A, Brafman A, Shafir M, Heverin M, Gottlieb H, Damari G, et al. Generation of viable cholesterol-free mice. Science. 2003;302:2087 pubmed
- Dubrulle J, Pourquie O. fgf8 mRNA decay establishes a gradient that couples axial elongation to patterning in the vertebrate embryo. Nature. 2004;427:419-22 pubmed..In addition, this mechanism provides a novel model for morphogen gradient formation. ..