Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United States
Locale: United States
Publications505 found, 100 shown here
- Behm C, Kaufmann B, Carr C, Lankford M, Sanders J, Rose C, et al. Molecular imaging of endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression and inflammatory cell recruitment during vasculogenesis and ischemia-mediated arteriogenesis. Circulation. 2008;117:2902-11 pubmed publisher..05), although flow responses were only mildly impaired. Different components of the inflammatory response that participate in vascular development and remodeling can be assessed separately with targeted molecular imaging. ..
- Li G, Lin W, Araya J, Chen T, Timmermann B, Guo G. A tea catechin, epigallocatechin-3-gallate, is a unique modulator of the farnesoid X receptor. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;258:268-74 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, EGCG is a unique modulator of FXR in the intestine and may serve as an important model for future development of FXR modulators. ..
- Daosukho C, Ittarat W, Lin S, Sawyer D, Kiningham K, Lien Y, et al. Induction of manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD) mediates cardioprotective effect of tamoxifen (TAM). J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;39:792-803 pubmed..These results suggested that TAM-induced MnSOD expression is at least, in part, contribute to the cardioprotective effects of TAM...
- Bragdon B, Thinakaran S, Bonor J, Underhill T, Petersen N, Nohe A. FRET reveals novel protein-receptor interaction of bone morphogenetic proteins receptors and adaptor protein 2 at the cell surface. Biophys J. 2009;97:1428-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CCPs seem to function as a negative regulatory membrane domain for BMP pathway activation. ..
- Antonellis P, Pollock L, Chou S, Hassan A, Geng R, Chen X, et al. ACF7 is a hair-bundle antecedent, positioned to integrate cuticular plate actin and somatic tubulin. J Neurosci. 2014;34:305-12 pubmed publisher..These observations are consistent with ACF7 being a linker protein, which may shape the cytoskeleton of the hair cell early during hair-bundle genesis...
- Pickford F, Coomaraswamy J, Jucker M, McGowan E. Modeling familial British dementia in transgenic mice. Brain Pathol. 2006;16:80-5 pubmed..This review discusses the strategies chosen and problems experienced with the development of FBD/FDD models and suggests novel approaches to model the diseases in murine models. ..
- Vasta J, Fried B, Sherma J. High performance thin layer chromatographic analysis of neutral lipids in the urine of BALB/c mice infected with Echinostoma caproni. Parasitol Res. 2008;102:625-9 pubmed..05) in the methyl oleate fraction at 6 and 7 weeks PI relative to the uninfected controls. Neutral lipid profiles of urine may serve as an indicator of experimental infection of echinostomes in mice...
- Hyyti O, Ledee D, Ning X, Ge M, Portman M. Aging impairs myocardial fatty acid and ketone oxidation and modifies cardiac functional and metabolic responses to insulin in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H868-75 pubmed publisher..However, fatty acid oxidation capacity is limited. Impaired insulin-stimulated anaplerosis may contribute to elevated cardiac efficiency, but may also limit response to acute stress through depletion of CAC intermediates. ..
- Junes Gill K, Gallaher T, Gluzman Poltorak Z, Miller J, Wheeler C, Fan X, et al. hHSS1: a novel secreted factor and suppressor of glioma growth located at chromosome 19q13.33. J Neurooncol. 2011;102:197-211 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that HSS1 is a truly novel protein defining a new class of secreted factors, and that it may have an important role in cancer, particularly glioma. ..
- Saric A, Hipolito V, Kay J, Canton J, Antonescu C, Botelho R. mTOR controls lysosome tubulation and antigen presentation in macrophages and dendritic cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:321-33 pubmed publisher..Overall our work provides tantalizing evidence that mTOR plays a role in controlling lysosome morphology and trafficking by modulating microtubule-based motor activity in leukocytes. ..
- Li X, Zhang Z, Li L, Gong W, Lazenby A, Swanson B, et al. Myeloid-derived cullin 3 promotes STAT3 phosphorylation by inhibiting OGT expression and protects against intestinal inflammation. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1093-1109 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study identifies a new form of posttranslational modification of STAT3, modulating its phosphorylation, and suggests the importance of immunometabolism on colonic inflammation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Bartley S, Szakaly R, Farnham P. Characterization of the 3' untranslated region of mouse E2F1 mRNA. Gene. 1998;223:355-60 pubmed..Thus, we have determined that both mE2F1 mRNAs contain the identical coding region of the E2F1 protein and that enforced expression of mE2F1 mRNA should not be hampered by problems with RNA stability. ..
- Getchell T, Narla R, Little S, Hyde J, Getchell M. Horizontal basal cell proliferation in the olfactory epithelium of transforming growth factor-alpha transgenic mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2000;299:185-92 pubmed..These results demonstrate a role for the growth factor TGF-alpha in the in vivo regulation of cell cycle progression and proliferation in the mitotically active olfactory epithelium in these transgenic mice. ..
- Bal N, Sharon A, Gupta S, Jena N, Shaikh S, Gyorke S, et al. The catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia mutation R33Q disrupts the N-terminal structural motif that regulates reversible calsequestrin polymerization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17188-96 pubmed publisher..This study provides new mechanistic insight into the functional effects of the R33Q mutation and its potential role in CPVT. ..
- Wu F, Sapkota D, Li R, Mu X. Onecut 1 and Onecut 2 are potential regulators of mouse retinal development. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:952-69 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that Oc1 and Oc2 were expressed in both developing and mature horizontal cells (HCs). Therefore the two factors may also function in the genesis and maintenance of HCs. ..
- Magness S, Puthoff B, Crissey M, Dunn J, Henning S, Houchen C, et al. A multicenter study to standardize reporting and analyses of fluorescence-activated cell-sorted murine intestinal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;305:G542-51 pubmed publisher..This study can be considered a foundation for continued method development and a starting point for investigators that are developing cell isolation expertise to study physiology and pathophysiology of the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Gaudet A, Fonken L, Gushchina L, Aubrecht T, Maurya S, Periasamy M, et al. miR-155 Deletion in Female Mice Prevents Diet-Induced Obesity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22862 pubmed publisher..Our results identify miR-155 as a novel candidate target for improving obesity resistance. ..
- Kristan D, Hammond K. Combined effects of cold exposure and sub-lethal intestinal parasites on host morphology and physiology. J Exp Biol. 2000;203:3495-504 pubmed..The costs of having parasites during simultaneous cold exposure included decreased energy reserves and greater maintenance requirements, which may then decrease the energy available for future expenditures, such as reproduction. ..
- Kim S, von Recum H. Endothelial progenitor populations in differentiating embryonic stem cells I: Identification and differentiation kinetics. Tissue Eng Part A. 2009;15:3709-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the differentiation kinetics of the various EC promoters and how different endothelial promoters can be used to select distinct subpopulations of ECs and endothelial precursors across a spectrum of differentiation. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhong W, Hall M, Kurre P, Spencer D, Skinner A, et al. CXCR4 but not CXCR7 is mainly implicated in ocular leukocyte trafficking during ovalbumin-induced acute uveitis. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:522-31 pubmed publisher..This study not only enhances our knowledge of the immunopathological mechanism of uveitis but also provides a novel rationale to target CXCR4 as an anti-inflammatory strategy to treat uveitis. ..
- Lomberk G, Mathison A, Grzenda A, Seo S, DeMars C, Rizvi S, et al. Sequence-specific recruitment of heterochromatin protein 1 via interaction with Krüppel-like factor 11, a human transcription factor involved in tumor suppression and metabolic diseases. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13026-39 pubmed publisher
- Mertz J, Kobayashi R, Dudley J. ALY is a common coactivator of RUNX1 and c-Myb on the type B leukemogenic virus enhancer. J Virol. 2007;81:3503-13 pubmed..ALY also synergized with c-Myb, and coimmunoprecipitation experiments demonstrated an interaction between ALY and c-Myb. These experiments suggest a central role for ALY in T-cell enhancer function and oncogene activation. ..
- White D, Fritz J, Hauswirth W, Kaushal S, Lewin A. Increased sensitivity to light-induced damage in a mouse model of autosomal dominant retinal disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1942-51 pubmed
- Bland D, Eisele N, Keleher L, Anderson P, Anderson D. Novel genetic tools for diaminopimelic acid selection in virulence studies of Yersinia pestis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17352 pubmed publisher..Thus, diaminopimelic acid selection for single or multi-copy genetic systems in Yersinia pestis offers an improved alternative to antibiotics for in vivo studies that causes minimal disruption to virulence. ..
- Squire K, Embretson J, First N. In vitro testing of a potential retroviral vector for producing transgenic livestock. Am J Vet Res. 1989;50:1423-7 pubmed..Infection was not detected in cells from adult bovine and ovine species; however, low levels of infection, with subsequent gene expression, were detected in cells derived from bovine embryos...
- Yan C, Zhao A, Bentley J, Beavo J. The calmodulin-dependent phosphodiesterase gene PDE1C encodes several functionally different splice variants in a tissue-specific manner. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:25699-706 pubmed..In summary, these findings suggest that the PDE1C gene undergoes tissue-specific alternative splicing that generates structurally and functionally diverse gene products. ..
- Wilson E, Rotwein P. Control of MyoD function during initiation of muscle differentiation by an autocrine signaling pathway activated by insulin-like growth factor-II. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29962-71 pubmed
- Marques C, Kapil P, Hinton D, Hindinger C, Nutt S, Ransohoff R, et al. CXCR3-dependent plasma blast migration to the central nervous system during viral encephalomyelitis. J Virol. 2011;85:6136-47 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CXCR3 ligands are indispensable for recruitment of activated ASC into the inflamed CNS and highlight their local protective role during persistent infection. ..
- Prohaska J, Broderius M. Copper deficiency has minimal impact on ferroportin expression or function. Biometals. 2012;25:633-42 pubmed publisher..Fpn steady state levels appear to be regulated by a complex set of factors. Changes in Fpn do not explain the anemia of CuD. ..
- Poddar D, Basu A, Baldwin W, Kondratov R, Barik S, Mazumder B. An extraribosomal function of ribosomal protein L13a in macrophages resolves inflammation. J Immunol. 2013;190:3600-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, to our knowledge, our studies provide the first evidence of an essential extraribosomal function of ribosomal protein L13a in resolving physiological inflammation in a mammalian host. ..
- Angello J, Stern H, Hauschka S. P19 embryonal carcinoma cells: a model system for studying neural tube induction of skeletal myogenesis. Dev Biol. 1997;192:93-8 pubmed..These results suggest that P19 cells may be a useful model system for investigating the mechanisms underlying induction of somite myogenesis...
- Klonowski K, Williams K, Marzo A, Blair D, Lingenheld E, Lefrancois L. Dynamics of blood-borne CD8 memory T cell migration in vivo. Immunity. 2004;20:551-62 pubmed..In addition, memory cell migration to the lamina propria required beta7 integrins. Thus, the blood-borne T cell pool serves to maintain the homeostasis of tissue-based memory populations. ..
- Carsillo M, Klapproth K, Niewiesk S. Cytokine imbalance after measles virus infection has no correlation with immune suppression. J Virol. 2009;83:7244-51 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that measles virus infection leads to a decrease in IL-12 secretion and an increase in IL-4 secretion, but this does not seem to correlate with immune suppression. ..
- Xu Y, Li S, Chen R, Li G, Barish P, You W, et al. Antidepressant-like effect of low molecular proanthocyanidin in mice: involvement of monoaminergic system. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2010;94:447-53 pubmed publisher..g.) produced MAO-A inhibition of 70.5% in the mouse brain. These findings suggest that the antidepressant-like effects of proanthocyanidin may involve the central monoaminergic neurotransmitter systems. ..
- Amos Landgraf J, Irving A, Hartman C, Hunter A, Laube B, Chen X, et al. Monoallelic silencing and haploinsufficiency in early murine intestinal neoplasms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2060-5 pubmed publisher..Another class of tumors exhibits highly biased monoallelic expression of the mutant Apc allele, providing evidence for a stochastic or random process of monoallelic epigenetic silencing of the tumor suppressor gene Apc...
- Liu Z, Han T, Fishman S, Butler J, Zimmermann T, Tremblay F, et al. Ablation of Hepatic Production of the Acid-Labile Subunit in Bovine-GH Transgenic Mice: Effects on Organ and Skeletal Growth. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2556-2571 pubmed publisher..We concluded that reduced serum IGF-1 levels decrease somatic and skeletal growth even in states of excess GH...
- Jackson J, Young M. Protein phosphatase-2A modulates the serine and tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin in Lewis lung carcinoma tumor variants. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2002;19:409-15 pubmed..These results suggest PP-2A regulation of paxillin phosphorylation may have a role in controlling tumor cell adherence and motility. ..
- Ji W, Zhou W, Gregg K, Yu N, Davis S, Davis S. A method for cross-species gene expression analysis with high-density oligonucleotide arrays. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:e93 pubmed..In addition, we validated cross-species hybridization results by quantitative PCR using randomly selected genes. The method shown herein could be applied to both plant and animal research. ..
- Resnick A, Hopfer U. Force-response considerations in ciliary mechanosensation. Biophys J. 2007;93:1380-90 pubmed..Regardless, the findings indicate that the cilium is a mechanosensory organelle with a sensitivity much lower than previously recognized. ..
- Davies M, Zamora D, Smith J, Powers M. Soluble ephrin-B2 mediates apoptosis in retinal neovascularization and in endothelial cells. Microvasc Res. 2009;77:382-6 pubmed publisher..Results of the in vitro studies suggest that sEphrinB2 may directly induce apoptosis of EC during pathological neovascularization. ..
- Dmitrieva N, Yu L, Viapiano M, Cripe T, Chiocca E, Glorioso J, et al. Chondroitinase ABC I-mediated enhancement of oncolytic virus spread and antitumor efficacy. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:1362-72 pubmed publisher..018). Glioma cell migration and invasion were not increased by OV-Chase treatment. We conclude that degradation of glioma extracellular matrix with OV-expressing bacterial Chase-ABC enhanced OV spread and antitumor efficacy. ..
- Filant J, Spencer T. Endometrial glands are essential for blastocyst implantation and decidualization in the mouse uterus. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:93 pubmed publisher..Thus, uterine glands and their secretions have important biological roles in blastocyst implantation and stromal cell decidualization in the uterus...
- Karacay B, Xie E, Chang L. The murine erythrocyte protein-4.2-encoding gene: similarities and differences in structure and expression from its human counterpart. Gene. 1995;158:253-6 pubmed..2 RNA does not exhibit alternative splicing in the region identified in the human P4.2 RNA. ..
- Struble R, Rosario E, Kircher M, Ludwig S, McAdamis P, Watabe K, et al. Regionally specific modulation of brain apolipoprotein E in the mouse during the estrous cycle and by exogenous 17beta estradiol. Exp Neurol. 2003;183:638-44 pubmed..In addition, exogenous E2 has regionally specific effects on apoE expression. Regional variability in apoE production appears to vary as a function of the estrogen receptor subtype. ..
- van Heeckeren A, Schluchter M, Drumm M, Davis P. Role of Cftr genotype in the response to chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infection in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L944-52 pubmed..Therefore, it appears that any functional defect in CFTR produces comparable inflammatory responses to lung infections with P. aeruginosa...
- Gruszynski A, van Deursen F, Albareda M, Best A, Chaudhary K, Cliffe L, et al. Regulation of surface coat exchange by differentiating African trypanosomes. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2006;147:211-23 pubmed..The relegation of short stumpy surface GPI-PLC to a secondary role in differentiation suggests that it may play a more important role as a virulence factor within the mammalian host. ..
- Zweifel L, Fadok J, Argilli E, Garelick M, Jones G, Dickerson T, et al. Activation of dopamine neurons is critical for aversive conditioning and prevention of generalized anxiety. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:620-6 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with a role for dopamine in facilitating contingency awareness that is critical for the prevention of generalized anxiety. ..
- Pratt K, Zimmerman E, Cook D, Sullivan J. Presenilin 1 regulates homeostatic synaptic scaling through Akt signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1112-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that deficits in synaptic homeostasis may contribute to brain dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Yan P, Acker C, Zhou W, Lee P, Bollensdorff C, Negrean A, et al. Palette of fluorinated voltage-sensitive hemicyanine dyes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20443-8 pubmed publisher..Among the advances shown in these applications are simultaneous recording of voltage and calcium in single dendritic spines and optical electrophysiology recordings using two-photon excitation above 1,100 nm. ..
- Eroglu E, Tiwari P, Waffo A, Miller M, Vig K, Dennis V, et al. A nonviral pHEMA+chitosan nanosphere-mediated high-efficiency gene delivery system. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1403-15 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report, for the first time, the application of the PCNSs as a nanovehicle for gene delivery in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Shameli A, Xiao W, Zheng Y, Shyu S, Sumodi J, Meyerson H, et al. A critical role for alpha-synuclein in development and function of T lymphocytes. Immunobiology. 2016;221:333-40 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate an important role for Î±-synuclein in development of T lymphocytes and regulation of their phenotype and function. ..
- Wang Q, Praetorius Ibba M, Zhu Q, El Mahdy M, Wani G, Zhao Q, et al. Ubiquitylation-independent degradation of Xeroderma pigmentosum group C protein is required for efficient nucleotide excision repair. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:5338-50 pubmed..XPC degradation is necessary for recruiting XPG and efficient NER. The overall results provide crucial insights regarding the fate and role of XPC protein in the initiation of excision repair. ..
- Miyazaki M, Flowers M, Sampath H, Chu K, Otzelberger C, Liu X, et al. Hepatic stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 deficiency protects mice from carbohydrate-induced adiposity and hepatic steatosis. Cell Metab. 2007;6:484-96 pubmed
- Zhu M, Chen M, Zuscik M, Wu Q, Wang Y, Rosier R, et al. Inhibition of beta-catenin signaling in articular chondrocytes results in articular cartilage destruction. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:2053-64 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of beta-catenin signaling in articular chondrocytes causes increased cell apoptosis and articular cartilage destruction in Col2a1-ICAT- transgenic mice. ..
- Jiang G, Yang H, Wang L, Wildey G, Fung J, Qian S, et al. Hepatic stellate cells preferentially expand allogeneic CD4+ CD25+ FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in an IL-2-dependent manner. Transplantation. 2008;86:1492-502 pubmed publisher..Liver stromal HpSC acted as nonprofessional antigen-presenting cells, and preferentially expanded CD25+FoxP3+ Treg cells, which may contribute to immune regulation in the liver. ..
- Gupta R, Bhatty M, Swiatlo E, Nanduri B. Role of an iron-dependent transcriptional regulator in the pathogenesis and host response to infection with Streptococcus pneumoniae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55157 pubmed publisher..Additionally, IDTR ultimately modulates the host cytokine response and systemic inflammation that contributes to morbidity and mortality of invasive pneumococcal disease. ..
- Cho W, Hagemann T, Johnson D, Johnson J, Messing A. Dual transgenic reporter mice as a tool for monitoring expression of glial fibrillary acidic protein. J Neurochem. 2009;110:343-51 pubmed publisher..In knock-in mice expressing the R236H Alexander disease mutant, GFAP promoter activity is only transiently elevated and may not entirely account for the accumulation of GFAP protein that takes place. ..
- Mays C, Ryou C. Plasminogen stimulates propagation of protease-resistant prion protein in vitro. FASEB J. 2010;24:5102-12 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that plasminogen functions in stimulating conversion processes and represents the first cellular protein cofactor that enhances the hypothetical mechanism of prion propagation. ..
- Li D, D Angelo L, Chavez M, Woulfe D. Arrestin-2 differentially regulates PAR4 and ADP receptor signaling in platelets. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3805-14 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, arrestin-2 regulates PAR4-dependent signaling pathways, but not responses to ADP alone, and contributes to thrombus formation in vivo. ..
- Kirkwood J, Legette L, Miranda C, Jiang Y, Stevens J. A metabolomics-driven elucidation of the anti-obesity mechanisms of xanthohumol. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:19000-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, time course metabolomics appears to be an effective strategy for uncovering metabolic events that occur during a stress response. ..
- Schueler M, Higgins A, Nagaraja R, Tentler D, Dahl N, Gustashaw K, et al. Large-insert clone/STS contigs in Xq11-q12, spanning deletions in patients with androgen insensitivity and mental retardation. Genomics. 2000;66:104-9 pubmed..In addition, the distal contig spans deletions from chromosomes of three patients exhibiting either complete androgen insensitivity (CAI) or a contiguous gene syndrome that includes CAI, impaired vision, and mental retardation. ..
- Yu X, He F, Zhang T, Espinoza Lewis R, Lin L, Yang J, et al. Cerberus functions as a BMP agonist to synergistically induce nodal expression during left-right axis determination in the chick embryo. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3613-23 pubmed publisher..Because cCer is expressed restrictedly in the left LPM, BMPs and cCer appear to act synergistically to activate Nodal expression in the left LPM in the chick. ..
- Kwong G, Radu C, Hwang K, Shu C, Ma C, Koya R, et al. Modular nucleic acid assembled p/MHC microarrays for multiplexed sorting of antigen-specific T cells. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:9695-703 pubmed publisher..Because of the performance, facile and modular assembly of p/MHC tetramer arrays, NACS holds promise as a versatile platform for multiplexed T cell detection. ..
- Liu J, Joshi P, Wang C, El Omrani H, Xiao Y, Liu X, et al. Targeting activation-induced cytidine deaminase overcomes tumor evasion of immunotherapy by CTLs. J Immunol. 2010;184:5435-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate a novel function of AID in tumor evasion of CTL therapy and that targeting AID should be beneficial in the immunotherapy of AID-positive tumors. ..
- Skaggs J, Reed Holyoak G, Montelongo M, Ayalew S, Confer A. Serum antibody responses in horses and mice following immunization with Actinobacillus equuli outer membrane proteins and recombinant Aqx toxin. Vet J. 2011;190:e91-4 pubmed publisher..There was no evidence of interference with antibody responses to the individual antigens when OMPs and rAqx were combined prior to vaccination...
- Dai X, James R, Habib T, Singh S, Jackson S, Khim S, et al. A disease-associated PTPN22 variant promotes systemic autoimmunity in murine models. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2024-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, PEP-R619W uniquely modulates T and B cell homeostasis, leading to a loss in tolerance and autoimmunity. ..
- Peden Adams M, Keller J, EuDaly J, Berger J, Gilkeson G, Keil D. Suppression of humoral immunity in mice following exposure to perfluorooctane sulfonate. Toxicol Sci. 2008;104:144-54 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provides a profile of PFOS immunotoxicity showing effects at levels reported in humans and identifies the B-cells as a potential target. ..
- Roth K, Oghumu S, Satoskar A, Gunn J, Van Rooijen N, Satoskar A. Respiratory infection with Francisella novicida induces rapid dystrophic cardiac calcinosis (DCC). FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;53:72-8 pubmed publisher..Depletion of lung macrophages prior to infection markedly reduces pericarditis and calcification in BALB/c mice but does not increase their susceptibility to infection...
- Carraher C, Schwarzbauer J. Regulation of matrix assembly through rigidity-dependent fibronectin conformational changes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14805-14 pubmed publisher..Extensibility of FN in response to substrate stiffness may serve as a mechanosensing mechanism whereby cells use pericellular FN to probe the stiffness of their environment. ..
- Pokidysheva E, Boudko S, Vranka J, Zientek K, Maddox K, Moser M, et al. Biological role of prolyl 3-hydroxylation in type IV collagen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:161-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, epigenetic silencing of P3H2 in breast cancers implies that the interaction between GPVI and non-3-hydroxylated type IV collagen might also play a role in the progression of malignant tumors and metastasis. ..
- Gao J, Buckley S, Cimmino L, Guillamot M, Strikoudis A, Cang Y, et al. The CUL4-DDB1 ubiquitin ligase complex controls adult and embryonic stem cell differentiation and homeostasis. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our studies identify CUL4-DDB1 complex as a novel post-translational regulator of stem and progenitor maintenance and differentiation. ..
- Jin L, Vu T, Yuan G, Datta P. STRAP Promotes Stemness of Human Colorectal Cancer via Epigenetic Regulation of the NOTCH Pathway. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5464-5478 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings illuminated a novel STRAP-NOTCH1-HES1 molecular axis as a CSC regulator in colorectal cancer, with potential implications to improve treatment of this disease. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5464-78. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Lok S, Kaushansky K, Holly R, Kuijper J, Lofton Day C, Oort P, et al. Cloning and expression of murine thrombopoietin cDNA and stimulation of platelet production in vivo. Nature. 1994;369:565-8 pubmed..These results along with those presented in the accompanying report strongly suggest that the ligand for c-Mpl is thrombopoietin. ..
- Kuhmann S, Platt E, Kozak S, Kabat D. Polymorphisms in the CCR5 genes of African green monkeys and mice implicate specific amino acids in infections by simian and human immunodeficiency viruses. J Virol. 1997;71:8642-56 pubmed..In contrast to previous evidence, these results suggest that CCR5 contains critical sites that are essential for HIV-1 infections. ..
- Wayman C, Phillips S, Lunny C, Webb T, Fawcett L, Baxendale R, et al. Phosphodiesterase 11 (PDE11) regulation of spermatozoa physiology. Int J Impot Res. 2005;17:216-23 pubmed..These data are consistent with human data and suggest a role for PDE11 in spermatogenesis and fertilization potential. This is the first phenotype described for the PDE11-/- mouse and the first report of a physiological role for PDE11. ..
- Chen H, Ma Y, Yang J, O Brien C, Lee S, Mazurkiewicz J, et al. Genetic requirement for pneumococcal ear infection. PLoS ONE. 2007;3:e2950 pubmed publisher..Finally, this study has also developed a model for future genome-scale search for virulence determinants in other pathogens associated with ear infections. ..
- Huijben S, Nelson W, Wargo A, Sim D, Drew D, Read A. Chemotherapy, within-host ecology and the fitness of drug-resistant malaria parasites. Evolution. 2010;64:2952-68 pubmed publisher..Although there are many differences between mice and people, our data do raise the question whether the aggressive treatment regimens aimed at complete parasite clearance are the best resistance-management strategies for humans...
- Pittock S, Norby S, Grande J, Croatt A, Bren G, Badley A, et al. MCP-1 is up-regulated in unstressed and stressed HO-1 knockout mice: Pathophysiologic correlates. Kidney Int. 2005;68:611-22 pubmed..We speculate that the protective effects of HO-1 in injured tissue may involve, at least in part, the capacity of HO-1 to restrain up-regulation of MCP-1. ..
- Zuba Surma E, Kucia M, Rui L, Shin D, Wojakowski W, Ratajczak J, et al. Fetal liver very small embryonic/epiblast like stem cells follow developmental migratory pathway of hematopoietic stem cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1176:205-18 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data support the hypothesis that VSELs are a mobile pool of primitive stem cells that respond to similar chemotactic gradients as HSCs and follow their developmental migratory route. ..
- Young E, Sieve A, Vichaya E, Carcoba L, Young C, Ambrus A, et al. Chronic restraint stress during early Theiler's virus infection exacerbates the subsequent demyelinating disease in SJL mice: II. CNS disease severity. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;220:79-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that RS during early TMEV infection increases CNS lesion formation during the late phase and suggest that the effects of RS are sex-dependent...
- Kulnane L, Lamb B. Neuropathological characterization of mutant amyloid precursor protein yeast artificial chromosome transgenic mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2001;8:982-92 pubmed..Our results also suggest that APP YAC transgenic mice possess unique pathological attributes when compared to other transgenic mouse models of AD that may reflect the experimental design of each model. ..
- Tolba K, Bowers W, Muller J, Housekneckt V, Giuliano R, Federoff H, et al. Herpes simplex virus (HSV) amplicon-mediated codelivery of secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine and CD40L results in augmented antitumor activity. Cancer Res. 2002;62:6545-51 pubmed
- Duvoisin R, Villasana L, Davis M, Winder D, Raber J. Opposing roles of mGluR8 in measures of anxiety involving non-social and social challenges. Behav Brain Res. 2011;221:50-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, while mGluR8 is an attractive target to modulate measures of anxiety and social interaction, the effects of AZ12216052 on measures of anxiety likely also involve receptors other than mGluR8. ..
- Morgan D, Davis B, Kearn C, Marcus D, Cook A, Wager Miller J, et al. Mutation of putative GRK phosphorylation sites in the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) confers resistance to cannabinoid tolerance and hypersensitivity to cannabinoids in mice. J Neurosci. 2014;34:5152-63 pubmed publisher..These mice also validate the approach of mutating GRK phosphorylation sites involved in desensitization as a general means to confer exaggerated signaling to GPCRs in vivo. ..
- Abraham E, Sterling K, Kim R, Salikhova A, Huffman H, Crockett M, et al. Erythrocyte membrane ATP binding cassette (ABC) proteins: MRP1 and CFTR as well as CD39 (ecto-apyrase) involved in RBC ATP transport and elevated blood plasma ATP of cystic fibrosis. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2001;27:165-80 pubmed..Moreover, the presence of different ABC proteins in a single membrane implies that interaction among these proteins and with other membrane proteins may be the norm and not the exception in terms of modulation of their functions...