Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Publications1229 found, 100 shown here
- Smith C, Bradding P, Neill D, Baxendale H, Felici F, Andrew P. Novel immunogenic peptides elicit systemic anaphylaxis in mice: implications for peptide vaccines. J Immunol. 2011;187:1201-6 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for both the study of allergens and the development of future peptide-based therapies. ..
- Bafor E, Lim C, Rowan E, Edrada Ebel R. The leaves of Ficus exasperata Vahl (Moraceae) generates uterine active chemical constituents. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;145:803-12 pubmed publisher..Lead compounds generated from this study are the pheophytin/pheophorbide derivatives, pyrimidine derivatives and flavonoid derivatives. ..
- McNab F, Ewbank J, Rajsbaum R, Stavropoulos E, Martirosyan A, Redford P, et al. TPL-2-ERK1/2 signaling promotes host resistance against intracellular bacterial infection by negative regulation of type I IFN production. J Immunol. 2013;191:1732-43 pubmed publisher..These findings describe an important regulatory mechanism for controlling tuberculosis and reveal mechanisms by which type I IFN may promote susceptibility to this important disease. ..
- Schaefer N, Berger A, van Brederode J, Zheng F, Zhang Y, Leacock S, et al. Disruption of a Structurally Important Extracellular Element in the Glycine Receptor Leads to Decreased Synaptic Integration and Signaling Resulting in Severe Startle Disease. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7948-7961 pubmed publisher..The GlyR β8-β9 loop is therefore an essential regulator of conformational rearrangements during ion channel opening and closing. ..
- Buehr M, Nichols J, Stenhouse F, Mountford P, Greenhalgh C, Kantachuvesiri S, et al. Rapid loss of Oct-4 and pluripotency in cultured rodent blastocysts and derivative cell lines. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:222-9 pubmed..Downregulation of Oct-4 appears to be a limiting factor in attempts to derive pluripotent cell lines from preimplantation embryos. ..
- Homer H, McDougall A, Levasseur M, Yallop K, Murdoch A, Herbert M. Mad2 prevents aneuploidy and premature proteolysis of cyclin B and securin during meiosis I in mouse oocytes. Genes Dev. 2005;19:202-7 pubmed..The data suggest a link between trisomies such as Down syndrome and defective oocyte spindle checkpoint function. ..
- Leclere P, Norman E, Groutsi F, Coffin R, Mayer U, Pizzey J, et al. Impaired axonal regeneration by isolectin B4-binding dorsal root ganglion neurons in vitro. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1190-9 pubmed..These findings together with their impaired intrinsic axonal regeneration capacity may contribute to the known vulnerability of the IB4-labeled population of DRG neurons to peripheral nerve injury...
- Medvinsky A, Taoudi S, Mendes S, Dzierzak E. Analysis and manipulation of hematopoietic progenitor and stem cells from murine embryonic tissues. Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol. 2008;Chapter 2:Unit 2A.6 pubmed publisher..To further studies on the ontogeny of the adult hematopoietic system, the focus of this unit is on the experimental methods used in analysis of the AGM region. ..
- Bending D, Newland S, Krejci A, Phillips J, Bray S, Cooke A. Epigenetic changes at Il12rb2 and Tbx21 in relation to plasticity behavior of Th17 cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:3373-82 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals important potential phenotypic differences between ex vivo- and in vitro-generated Th17 cells and provides mechanistic insight into Th17 cell plasticity. ..
- Wang W, Yang J, Liu H, Lu D, Chen X, Zenonos Z, et al. Rapid and efficient reprogramming of somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells by retinoic acid receptor gamma and liver receptor homolog 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18283-8 pubmed publisher..The human iPSCs described here should facilitate functional analysis of the human genome. ..
- Morgan M, Madgwick A. The LIM proteins FHL1 and FHL3 are expressed differently in skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:245-50 pubmed..FHL1 and FHL3 mRNAs were reciprocally expressed in the murine C2C12 skeletal muscle cell line and this suggested that the pattern of expression was linked to key events in myogenesis. ..
- Patel N, Cuzzocrea S, Chatterjee P, Di Paola R, Sautebin L, Britti D, et al. Reduction of renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in 5-lipoxygenase knockout mice and by the 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor zileuton. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;66:220-7 pubmed
- Wishart T, Paterson J, Short D, Meredith S, Robertson K, Sutherland C, et al. Differential proteomics analysis of synaptic proteins identifies potential cellular targets and protein mediators of synaptic neuroprotection conferred by the slow Wallerian degeneration (Wlds) gene. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1318-30 pubmed
- Manser C, Stevenson A, Banner S, Davies J, Tudor E, Ono Y, et al. Deregulation of PKN1 activity disrupts neurofilament organisation and axonal transport. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2303-2308 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that a cleaved form of PKN1 but not wild-type PKN1 disrupts neurofilament organisation and axonal transport. Thus, deregulation of PKN1 may contribute to the pathogenic process in ALS. ..
- Higgins G, Roper K, Watson I, Blackhall F, Rom W, Pass H, et al. Variant Ciz1 is a circulating biomarker for early-stage lung cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E3128-35 pubmed publisher..The data show that variant Ciz1 is a strong candidate for a cancer-specific single marker capable of identifying early-stage lung cancer within at-risk groups without resort to invasive procedures. ..
- Lopes F, Colaco S, May J, Stevenson P. Characterization of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 glycoprotein B. J Virol. 2004;78:13370-5 pubmed..The N-linked glycans on the cleaved, virion gB remained partially endoglycosidase H sensitive. The processing of MHV-68 gB therefore appears similar to that of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus gB and human cytomegalovirus gB. ..
- Webb S, Lekishvili T, Loeschner C, Sellarajah S, Prelli F, Wisniewski T, et al. Mechanistic insights into the cure of prion disease by novel antiprion compounds. J Virol. 2007;81:10729-41 pubmed..Therefore, the principal mechanism of action of the Congo red analogues was to prevent inhibition of proteasomal activity by PrPSc. ..
- Mahoney C, Morgan M, Harrison A, Humphries M, Bass M. Therapeutic ultrasound bypasses canonical syndecan-4 signaling to activate rac1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:8898-909 pubmed publisher..By substituting for one of the key axes of adhesion-dependent signaling, ultrasound therapy has considerable potential as a clinical technique. ..
- Rathbone S, Furrer P, Lubben J, Zinn M, Cartmell S. Biocompatibility of polyhydroxyalkanoate as a potential material for ligament and tendon scaffold material. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;93:1391-403 pubmed publisher..Overall, PHB, PHBV, and PHUE-O3 demonstrated good performance with regards to potential use as a tissue-engineering scaffold. ..
- Fant X, Srsen V, Espigat Georger A, Merdes A. Nuclei of non-muscle cells bind centrosome proteins upon fusion with differentiating myoblasts. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8303 pubmed publisher..Concomitantly, proteins of the centrosome relocalize from the pericentriolar material to the outer surface of the nucleus. The mechanisms that govern this relocalization are largely unknown...
- Ohazama A, Blackburn J, Porntaveetus T, Ota M, Choi H, Johnson E, et al. A role for suppressed incisor cuspal morphogenesis in the evolution of mammalian heterodont dentition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:92-7 pubmed publisher..Localized loss of enamel may thus have been an intermediary step in the evolution of cusps, both of which use Lrp4-mediated signaling. ..
- Agostini M, Tucci P, Steinert J, Shalom Feuerstein R, Rouleau M, Aberdam D, et al. microRNA-34a regulates neurite outgrowth, spinal morphology, and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:21099-104 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the TAp73/miR-34a axis has functional relevance in primary neurons. These data reinforce a role for miR-34a in neuronal development. ..
- McMurray F, Church C, Larder R, Nicholson G, Wells S, Teboul L, et al. Adult onset global loss of the fto gene alters body composition and metabolism in the mouse. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003166 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Fto may have a critical role in the control of lean mass, independent of its effect on food intake. ..
- Kinnear G, Wood K, Fallah Arani F, Jones N. A diametric role for OX40 in the response of effector/memory CD4+ T cells and regulatory T cells to alloantigen. J Immunol. 2013;191:1465-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these data serve to further highlight OX40 and OX40L as therapeutic targets to assist the induction of tolerance to allografts and self-Ags. ..
- Pawlikowski J, McBryan T, van Tuyn J, Drotar M, Hewitt R, Maier A, et al. Wnt signaling potentiates nevogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16009-14 pubmed publisher..Further, we suggest that activated Wnt signaling in human nevi undermines senescence-mediated tumor suppression and enhances the probability of malignancy. ..
- Bukrinski J, Sønderby P, Antunes F, Andersen B, Schmidt E, Peters G, et al. Glucagon-like Peptide 1 Conjugated to Recombinant Human Serum Albumin Variants with Modified Neonatal Fc Receptor Binding Properties. Impact on Molecular Structure and Half-Life. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4860-4870 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the conjugation of GLP-1 to rHSA does not affect the interaction between rHSA and FcRn, while the observed decrease in the potency of GLP-1 can be explained by a steric hindrance of binding of GLP-1 to its receptor...
- Davies B, Pickard B, Steel M, Morris R, Lathe R. Serine proteases in rodent hippocampus. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23004-11 pubmed..In contrast, and despite robust expression of t-PA, the usual t-PA substrate plasminogen was not expressed at detectable levels. ..
- Kingsley R, Reissbrodt R, Rabsch W, Ketley J, Tsolis R, Everest P, et al. Ferrioxamine-mediated Iron(III) utilization by Salmonella enterica. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:1610-8 pubmed..In addition, a foxA mutant was markedly attenuated in mice inoculated by either the intragastric or intravenous route. Mice inoculated with the foxA mutant were protected against subsequent challenge by the foxA+ parent strain. ..
- Harbord M, Novelli M, Canas B, Power D, Davis C, Godovac Zimmermann J, et al. Ym1 is a neutrophil granule protein that crystallizes in p47phox-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5468-75 pubmed..Failure to remove subcutaneous Ym1 crystals injected into knockout mice indicates that a failure of digestion may also contribute to crystallization. ..
- Magdalena J, Millard T, Etienne Manneville S, Launay S, Warwick H, Machesky L. Involvement of the Arp2/3 complex and Scar2 in Golgi polarity in scratch wound models. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:670-84 pubmed..Furthermore, in NIH 3T3 cells, Scar2 and the Arp2/3 complex appear to be involved in the establishment and maintenance of Golgi polarity during directed migration. ..
- O Reilly D, Quinn C, El Shanawany T, Gordon S, Greaves D. Multiple Ets factors and interferon regulatory factor-4 modulate CD68 expression in a cell type-specific manner. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21909-19 pubmed..We propose that expression of CD68 in myeloid cells requires the Ets transcription factors Elf-1 and PU.1 and CD68 expression is down-regulated in lymphoid cells by combinatorial interactions between PU.1 and IRF-4. ..
- Shi wen X, Stanton L, Kennedy L, Pala D, Chen Y, Howat S, et al. CCN2 is necessary for adhesive responses to transforming growth factor-beta1 in embryonic fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10715-26 pubmed..Thus in embryonic fibroblasts, CCN2 is a necessary cofactor required for TGFbeta to activate the adhesive FAK/Akt/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade, FAK/Akt-dependent genes, and adhesion to matrix. ..
- Sorrell A, Shand J, Tonner E, Gamberoni M, Accorsi P, Beattie J, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-5 activates plasminogen by interaction with tissue plasminogen activator, independently of its ability to bind to plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, insulin-like growth factor-I, or heparin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10883-9 pubmed..Thus IGFBP-5 can induce cell death by both sequestering IGF-I and enhancing plasmin generation. ..
- Rajakumaraswamy N, Ma D, Hossain M, Sanders R, Franks N, Maze M. Neuroprotective interaction produced by xenon and dexmedetomidine on in vitro and in vivo neuronal injury models. Neurosci Lett. 2006;409:128-33 pubmed..The long-term neurological function data corroborated these morphological data. Our study demonstrates that the combination of xenon and Dex offers neuroprotection additively in vitro and synergistically in vivo...
- Geering B, Cutillas P, Nock G, Gharbi S, Vanhaesebroeck B. Class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinases are obligate p85-p110 heterodimers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7809-14 pubmed..These results argue against a role of free p85 in PI3K signaling and provide insights into the nonredundant functions of the different class IA PI3K isoforms. ..
- Tran N, Koch A, Berkels R, Boehm O, Zacharowski P, Baumgarten G, et al. Toll-like receptor 9 expression in murine and human adrenal glands and possible implications during inflammation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:2773-83 pubmed..TLR-9 stimulation led to a corticosterone and inflammatory cytokine response. TLR-9 may play a role in the regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis during conditions in which bacterial DNA is present. ..
- Reynard L, Turner J, Cocquet J, Mahadevaiah S, Touré A, Hoog C, et al. Expression analysis of the mouse multi-copy X-linked gene Xlr-related, meiosis-regulated (Xmr), reveals that Xmr encodes a spermatid-expressed cytoplasmic protein, SLX/XMR. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:329-35 pubmed..As a result of these findings, the gene previously known as Xmr is now officially know as Slx, Sycp3-like, X-linked. ..
- Trapp S, Hisadome K. Glucagon-like peptide 1 and the brain: central actions-central sources?. Auton Neurosci. 2011;161:14-9 pubmed publisher..This review revisits what has been discovered about the central actions of GLP-1 during the past decade and puts it into context of the emerging findings from the mGLU-YFP mice. ..
- Aalto K, Autio A, Kiss E, Elima K, Nymalm Y, Veres T, et al. Siglec-9 is a novel leukocyte ligand for vascular adhesion protein-1 and can be used in PET imaging of inflammation and cancer. Blood. 2011;118:3725-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the peptide binding to the enzymatic groove of VAP-1 can be used for imaging conditions, such as inflammation and cancer. ..
- Parker Manuel S, Ivens A, Dillon G, Wilson R. Gene expression patterns in larval Schistosoma mansoni associated with infection of the mammalian host. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1274 pubmed publisher..Patterns of gene expression underlying this transition have been characterised...
- Idigo W, Reilly S, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Jayaram R, Carnicer R, et al. Regulation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (NOS) S-glutathionylation by neuronal NOS: evidence of a functional interaction between myocardial constitutive NOS isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43665-73 pubmed publisher..These findings provide unequivocal evidence of a functional interaction between the myocardial constitutive NOS isoforms and indicate that aspects of the myocardial phenotype of nNOS(-/-) mice result from disruption of eNOS signaling. ..
- Datta G, Fuller B, Davidson B. Molecular mechanisms of liver ischemia reperfusion injury: insights from transgenic knockout models. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:1683-98 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the evidence from knockout models of liver IRI about the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying liver IRI. ..
- Btesh J, Fischer M, Stott K, McNaughton P. Mapping the binding site of TRPV1 on AKAP79: implications for inflammatory hyperalgesia. J Neurosci. 2013;33:9184-9193 pubmed publisher..Critically, it did so without affecting pain thresholds in the absence of inflammation. These results suggest that antagonizing the TRPV1-AKAP79 interaction will be a useful strategy for inhibiting inflammatory hyperalgesia. ..
- Foster C, Gualdrini F, Treisman R. Mutual dependence of the MRTF-SRF and YAP-TEAD pathways in cancer-associated fibroblasts is indirect and mediated by cytoskeletal dynamics. Genes Dev. 2017;31:2361-2375 pubmed publisher..Thus, the MRF-SRF and YAP-TEAD pathways interact indirectly through their ability to control cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- Moiseyeva E, Weller P, Zhidkova N, Corben E, Patel B, Jasinska I, et al. Organization of the human gene encoding the cytoskeletal protein vinculin and the sequence of the vinculin promoter. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:4318-25 pubmed..Expression of a vinculin promoter/CAT construct is serum-inducible in NIH3T3 cells demonstrating that the promoter does contain a functional serum response element. ..
- Hayward B, Moran V, Strain L, Bonthron D. Bidirectional imprinting of a single gene: GNAS1 encodes maternally, paternally, and biallelically derived proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:15475-80 pubmed
- Franca Koh J, Yeo M, Fraser E, Young N, Dale T. The regulation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 nuclear export by Frat/GBP. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43844-8 pubmed..The dynamic expression patterns of Frat mRNAs together with the role of Frat in mediating GSK-3 nuclear export have important implications for the control of the substrate access of GSK-3 in several signaling pathways. ..
- Wang P, Valentijn A, Gilmore A, Streuli C. Early events in the anoikis program occur in the absence of caspase activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19917-25 pubmed..Moreover, although the conformational changes in Bax are rapid and synchronous, the subsequent events occur stochastically and with considerable delays. ..
- O Shaughnessy P, Fleming L, Jackson G, Hochgeschwender U, Reed P, Baker P. Adrenocorticotropic hormone directly stimulates testosterone production by the fetal and neonatal mouse testis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3279-84 pubmed..Results show that both LH and ACTH can regulate testicular steroidogenesis during fetal development in the mouse and suggest that fetal Leydig cells, but not adult Leydig cells, are sensitive to ACTH stimulation. ..
- Hebeis B, Vigorito E, Kovesdi D, Turner M. Vav proteins are required for B-lymphocyte responses to LPS. Blood. 2005;106:635-40 pubmed..These data provide evidence for the function for the Vav proteins in regulating the responses of B cells to LPS. ..
- Slijepcevic P. The role of DNA damage response proteins at telomeres--an "integrative" model. DNA Repair (Amst). 2006;5:1299-306 pubmed
- Nolting A, Ferraro T, D hoedt D, Stocker M. An amino acid outside the pore region influences apamin sensitivity in small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3478-86 pubmed..Our findings enabled us to convert the hSK1 channel into a channel that was as sensitive for apamin as SK2, the SK channel with the highest sensitivity. ..
- Morton A, McManus B, Garside P, Mowat A, Harnett M. Inverse Rap1 and phospho-ERK expression discriminate the maintenance phase of tolerance and priming of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells in vitro and in vivo. J Immunol. 2007;179:8026-34 pubmed
- Fauquier T, Rizzoti K, Dattani M, Lovell Badge R, Robinson I. SOX2-expressing progenitor cells generate all of the major cell types in the adult mouse pituitary gland. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2907-12 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this SOX2(+)/SOX9(+) population represents transit-amplifying cells, whereas the SOX2(+)/SOX9(-) cells we identify are multipotent progenitor/stem cells persisting in the adult pituitary. ..
- Jarvis G, Raynal N, Langford J, Onley D, Andrews A, Smethurst P, et al. Identification of a major GpVI-binding locus in human type III collagen. Blood. 2008;111:4986-96 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the ability of a triple-helical peptide to bind GpVI is not solely determined by the presence or spatial arrangement of these OGP/GPO motifs within the peptides. ..
- Bordon Y, Hansell C, Sester D, Clarke M, Mowat A, Nibbs R. The atypical chemokine receptor D6 contributes to the development of experimental colitis. J Immunol. 2009;182:5032-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, D6 can contribute to the development of colitis by regulating IL-17A secretion by gammadelta T cells in the inflamed colon. ..
- Pandha H, Heinemann L, Simpson G, Melcher A, Prestwich R, Errington F, et al. Synergistic effects of oncolytic reovirus and cisplatin chemotherapy in murine malignant melanoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:6158-66 pubmed publisher..The data support the current reovirus/chemotherapy combination phase I clinical studies currently ongoing in the clinic. ..
- Costigan M, Moss A, Latremoliere A, Johnston C, Verma Gandhu M, Herbert T, et al. T-cell infiltration and signaling in the adult dorsal spinal cord is a major contributor to neuropathic pain-like hypersensitivity. J Neurosci. 2009;29:14415-22 pubmed publisher..The neuroimmune interaction following peripheral nerve injury has therefore a substantial adaptive immune component, which is absent or suppressed in the young CNS. ..
- Richards L, Ferreira D, Miyaji E, Andrew P, Kadioglu A. The immunising effect of pneumococcal nasopharyngeal colonisation; protection against future colonisation and fatal invasive disease. Immunobiology. 2010;215:251-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that both mucosal and systemic antibody as well as cellular host factors have a role in long-term protection against both colonisation and invasive pneumococcal challenge. ..
- Carrillo Vico A, Leech M, Anderton S. Contribution of myelin autoantigen citrullination to T cell autoaggression in the central nervous system. J Immunol. 2010;184:2839-46 pubmed publisher..The PAD2 and PAD4 enzymes were markedly upregulated in the inflamed CNS. Therefore, once inflammation is established, citrullination of target autoantigens can allow an expanded repertoire of T cells to contribute to CNS pathology. ..
- Cottrell E, Martin Gronert M, Fernandez Twinn D, Luan J, Berends L, Ozanne S. Leptin-independent programming of adult body weight and adiposity in mice. Endocrinology. 2011;152:476-82 pubmed publisher..These results show definitively that factors other than leptin are crucial in the programming of energy homeostasis in this model and are powerful enough to alter adiposity in a genetically obese strain. ..
- McNeilly J, Watson E, White Y, Murray A, Spears N, McNeilly A. Decreased oocyte DAZL expression in mice results in increased litter size by modulating follicle-stimulating hormone-induced follicular growth. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:584-93 pubmed publisher..If this repression is reduced, as in DAZL het mice, then follicles can grow to the late follicular stage despite declining levels of circulating FSH, thus leading to more follicles ovulating and increased litter size. ..
- Hattori H, Skoulidis F, Russell P, Venkitaraman A. Context dependence of checkpoint kinase 1 as a therapeutic target for pancreatic cancers deficient in the BRCA2 tumor suppressor. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:670-8 pubmed publisher..This concept should be taken into account in the ongoing and future development of targeted cancer therapies. ..
- Dickinson R, Delavaine L, Cejudo Marín R, Stewart G, Staples C, Didmon M, et al. Phosphorylation of the kinase interaction motif in mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase phosphatase-4 mediates cross-talk between protein kinase A and MAP kinase signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38018-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DUSP9/MKP-4 is a bona fide target of PKA signaling and that attenuation of DUSP9/MKP-4 function can mediate cross-talk between the PKA pathway and MAPK signaling through both ERK1/2 and p38? in vivo. ..
- Stevens T, Lando D, Basu S, Atkinson L, Cao Y, Lee S, et al. 3D structures of individual mammalian genomes studied by single-cell Hi-C. Nature. 2017;544:59-64 pubmed publisher..By studying genes regulated by pluripotency factor and nucleosome remodelling deacetylase (NuRD), we illustrate how the determination of single-cell genome structure provides a new approach for investigating biological processes. ..
- Dastjerdi A, Robson L, Walker R, Hadley J, Zhang Z, Rodriguez Niedenführ M, et al. Tbx1 regulation of myogenic differentiation in the limb and cranial mesoderm. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:353-63 pubmed..Finally, analysis of the Tbx1-mesoderm-specific knockout mouse demonstrated the cell autonomous requirement for Tbx1 during myocyte development in the cranial mesoderm. ..
- Laval S, Chen Z, Boyd Y. The properdin structural locus (Pfc) lies close to the locus for tissue inhibitor of metallothionine proteases (Timp) on the mouse X chromosome. Genomics. 1991;10:1030-4 pubmed..By minimizing the number of double recombinants the following gene order was obtained: Otc-Mao-a-(Pfc, Timp)-Hprt-Cf-9. The implications for comparative mapping of human and mouse X chromosomes are discussed. ..
- Miles J, Moss J, Meehan R, Wolf C. Close linkage of the cytochrome P450IIA gene subfamily (Cyp2a) to Cyp2b and Coh on mouse chromosome 7. Genomics. 1990;7:445-8 pubmed..We have resolved this apparent anomaly between the genetic and biochemical data by showing that genes from the P450IIA subfamily (Cyp2a) are closely linked to Coh and to Cyp2b on mouse chromosome 7. ..
- Flavell D, Jones D, Wright D. Identification of tissue histiocytes on paraffin sections by a new monoclonal antibody. J Histochem Cytochem. 1987;35:1217-26 pubmed..This new monoclonal reagent should have particular value for identification of tissue histiocytes in routine paraffin sections and particularly for demonstration of histiocytes in malignant lymphomas...
- Thomas W, Pullinger G, Lax A, Rozengurt E. Escherichia coli cytotoxic necrotizing factor and Pasteurella multocida toxin induce focal adhesion kinase autophosphorylation and Src association. Infect Immun. 2001;69:5931-5 pubmed..FAK autophosphorylation was sensitive to inhibitors of p160/ROCK and coincided with the formation of stable complexes between FAK and Src family members. ..
- Culley F, Pollott J, Openshaw P. Age at first viral infection determines the pattern of T cell-mediated disease during reinfection in adulthood. J Exp Med. 2002;196:1381-6 pubmed..Thus, simply delaying RSV infection beyond infancy might reduce subsequent respiratory morbidity in later childhood. ..
- Chung K, Leung K, Lin C, Tam K, Hao Y, Taylor J, et al. Regionally specific expression of L1 and sialylated NCAM in the retinofugal pathway of mouse embryos. J Comp Neurol. 2004;471:482-98 pubmed
- Telfer E. Germline stem cells in the postnatal mammalian ovary: a phenomenon of prosimian primates and mice?. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2004;2:24 pubmed
- Ogden C, Pound J, Batth B, Owens S, Johannessen I, Wood K, et al. Enhanced apoptotic cell clearance capacity and B cell survival factor production by IL-10-activated macrophages: implications for Burkitt's lymphoma. J Immunol. 2005;174:3015-23 pubmed
- Gourley C, Paige A, Taylor K, Ward C, Kuske B, Zhang J, et al. WWOX gene expression abolishes ovarian cancer tumorigenicity in vivo and decreases attachment to fibronectin via integrin alpha3. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4835-42 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a possible role for the loss of WWOX in the peritoneal dissemination of human ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Wong J, Lui Y, Kapacee Z, Kadler K, Ferguson M, McGrouther D. The cellular biology of flexor tendon adhesion formation: an old problem in a new paradigm. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1938-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, adhesion formation occurs due to scarring between two damaged surfaces. The mouse model for flexor tendon injury represents a new platform to study adhesion formation that is genetically tractable. ..
- Terra V, Homer K, Rao S, Andrew P, Yesilkaya H. Characterization of novel beta-galactosidase activity that contributes to glycoprotein degradation and virulence in Streptococcus pneumoniae. Infect Immun. 2010;78:348-57 pubmed publisher..The SPD_0065 mutant strain was found to be attenuated in virulence in a manner specific to the host tissue. ..
- Babayan S, Read A, Lawrence R, Bain O, Allen J. Filarial parasites develop faster and reproduce earlier in response to host immune effectors that determine filarial life expectancy. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000525 pubmed publisher..Enhancing protective immunity against filarial nematodes, for example through vaccination, may be less effective at reducing transmission than would be expected and may, at worst, lead to increased transmission and, hence, pathology. ..
- Irvine E, Drinkwater L, Radwanska K, Al Qassab H, Smith M, O Brien M, et al. Insulin receptor substrate 2 is a negative regulator of memory formation. Learn Mem. 2011;18:375-83 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that Irs2 acts as a negative regulator on memory formation by restricting dendritic spine generation. ..
- Brown K, Gossner A, Mok S, Mabbott N. The effects of host age on the transport of complement-bound complexes to the spleen and the pathogenesis of intravenous scrapie infection. J Virol. 2012;86:25-35 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to suggest that the effects of aging on the microarchitecture and the function of the splenic marginal zone significantly influence the pathogenesis of an important pathogen. ..
- Jeziorska D, Koentges G, Vance K. Novel cis-regulatory modules control expression of the Hairy and Enhancer of Split-1 (HES1) transcription factor in myoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5687-97 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates the power of combining computational genomics and experimental methodologies to identify novel CRMs and characterize their function. ..
- Giangreco A, Hoste E, Takai Y, Rosewell I, Watt F. Epidermal Cadm1 expression promotes autoimmune alopecia via enhanced T cell adhesion and cytotoxicity. J Immunol. 2012;188:1514-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Cadm1 expression in the hair follicle plays a role in autoimmune alopecia. ..
- Lu Y, Schneider H, Rudd C. Murine regulatory T cells differ from conventional T cells in resisting the CTLA-4 reversal of TCR stop-signal. Blood. 2012;120:4560-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify for the first time a mechanistic explanation to account for CTLA-4-negative regulation of Tconv cells but not Tregs in immune responses. ..
- Holland S, Bartok I, Attaf M, Genolet R, Luescher I, Kotsiou E, et al. The T-cell receptor is not hardwired to engage MHC ligands. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E3111-8 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis was experimentally confirmed by expressing a hybrid TCR containing TCR-? chain germ-line complementarity determining regions, which engaged efficiently with MHC ligands. ..
- Ferjancic S, Gil Bernabé A, Hill S, Allen P, Richardson P, Sparey T, et al. VCAM-1 and VAP-1 recruit myeloid cells that promote pulmonary metastasis in mice. Blood. 2013;121:3289-97 pubmed publisher..These results establish VCAM-1 and VAP-1 as mediators of myeloid cell recruitment in metastasis and identify VAP-1 as a potential target for therapeutic intervention to combat early metastasis. ..