Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Switzerland
Publications949 found, 100 shown here
- Zimmermann K, Grünberg J, Honer M, Ametamey S, Schubiger P, Novak Hofer I. Targeting of renal carcinoma with 67/64Cu-labeled anti-L1-CAM antibody chCE7: selection of copper ligands and PET imaging. Nucl Med Biol. 2003;30:417-27 pubmed..High resolution PET imaging with (64)Cu-CPTA-labeled MAb chCE7 showed uptake in lymph nodes and heterogeneous distribution in tumor xenografts. ..
- Maestroni G. The endogenous cannabinoid 2-arachidonoyl glycerol as in vivo chemoattractant for dendritic cells and adjuvant for Th1 response to a soluble protein. FASEB J. 2004;18:1914-6 pubmed..As 2-AG may be induced in tissues by various stimuli at concentrations similar to that used in our study, this evidence might be of a wide-ranging pathophysiological relevance. ..
- Keiser J, Utzinger J, Tanner M, Dong Y, Vennerstrom J. The synthetic peroxide OZ78 is effective against Echinostoma caproni and Fasciola hepatica. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:1193-7 pubmed..Our data indicate that OZ78 is highly efficacious against F. hepatica and E. caproni and provide a sound platform for identification of a synthetic peroxide drug development candidate against major trematode infections. ..
- Pardini G, De Groot P, Coste A, Karababa M, Klis F, de Koster C, et al. The CRH family coding for cell wall glycosylphosphatidylinositol proteins with a predicted transglycosidase domain affects cell wall organization and virulence of Candida albicans. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:40399-411 pubmed..In conclusion, this work establishes the role of UTR2, CRH11, and CRH12 in cell wall organization and integrity. ..
- Montavon T, Le Garrec J, Kerszberg M, Duboule D. Modeling Hox gene regulation in digits: reverse collinearity and the molecular origin of thumbness. Genes Dev. 2008;22:346-59 pubmed publisher..We also show that the same model applies to the collinear regulation of Hox genes during the emergence of external genitalia, though with some differences likely illustrating the distinct functionalities of these structures in adults. ..
- Kubow K, Klotzsch E, Smith M, Gourdon D, Little W, Vogel V. Crosslinking of cell-derived 3D scaffolds up-regulates the stretching and unfolding of new extracellular matrix assembled by reseeded cells. Integr Biol (Camb). 2009;1:635-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, scaffold crosslinking has a multifactorial impact on the microenvironment that reseeded cells assemble and respond to, with far-reaching implications for tissue engineering and disease physiology. ..
- Waser B, Beetschen K, Pellegata N, Reubi J. Incretin receptors in non-neoplastic and neoplastic thyroid C cells in rodents and humans: relevance for incretin-based diabetes therapy. Neuroendocrinology. 2011;94:291-301 pubmed publisher..The presence of incretin receptors in thyroid C cell lesions suggests that this organ should be monitored before and during incretin-based therapy of diabetes. ..
- Siegmund K, Lee W, Tchang V, Stiess M, Terracciano L, Kubes P, et al. Coronin 1 is dispensable for leukocyte recruitment and liver injury in concanavalin A-induced hepatitis. Immunol Lett. 2013;153:62-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that coronin 1, while important for naïve T cell survival, is dispensable for other leukocyte function under inflammatory conditions in vivo. ..
- Winn S, Scherer T, ThÃ¶ny B, Harding C. High dose sapropterin dihydrochloride therapy improves monoamine neurotransmitter turnover in murine phenylketonuria (PKU). Mol Genet Metab. 2016;117:5-11 pubmed publisher..Oral sapropterin therapy likely does not directly affect central nervous system monoamine synthesis in either wild type or hyperphenylalaninemic mice but may stimulate synaptic neurotransmitter release and subsequent metabolism. ..
- Kramer A, Mulhauser F, Wersig C, Gröning K, Bilbe G. Mammalian splicing factor SF3a120 represents a new member of the SURP family of proteins and is homologous to the essential splicing factor PRP21p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 1995;1:260-72 pubmed..Binding studies with truncated derivatives of SF3a120 revealed that the SURP domains function in binding to SF3a60, whereas a region of 130 amino acids C-terminal to these domains is essential for contacts with SF3a66. ..
- Mueller C, Held W, Imboden M, Carnaud C. Accelerated beta-cell destruction in adoptively transferred autoimmune diabetes correlates with an increased expression of the genes coding for TNF-alpha and granzyme A in the intra-islet infiltrates. Diabetes. 1995;44:112-7 pubmed..The effects of the observed enhanced TNF expression upon the pathogenesis of trIDDM are as yet unknown.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Sappino A, Madani R, Huarte J, Belin D, Kiss J, Wohlwend A, et al. Extracellular proteolysis in the adult murine brain. J Clin Invest. 1993;92:679-85 pubmed..The identification of an extracellular proteolytic system active in the adult central nervous system may also help gain insights into the pathogeny of neurodegenerative disorders associated with extracellular protein deposition. ..
- Ingold K, Dai W, Rausch R, Gottstein B, Hemphill A. Characterization of the laminated layer of in vitro cultivated Echinococcus vogeli metacestodes. J Parasitol. 2001;87:55-64 pubmed..multilocularis laminated layer antigen Em2 did not cross-react with E. vogeli, indicating distinct compositional and antigenic differences between these 2 parasites. ..
- Bopst M, Garcia I, Guler R, Olleros M, Rülicke T, Muller M, et al. Differential effects of TNF and LTalpha in the host defense against M. bovis BCG. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1935-43 pubmed..These results demonstrate that TNF as well as LTalpha are involved in murine host defense against BCG and that absence of TNF / LTalpha protects BCG-infected mice from LPS mediated shock. ..
- Beguin P, Crambert G, Monnet Tschudi F, Uldry M, Horisberger J, Garty H, et al. FXYD7 is a brain-specific regulator of Na,K-ATPase alpha 1-beta isozymes. EMBO J. 2002;21:3264-73 pubmed..These data suggest that FXYD7 is a novel, tissue- and isoform-specific Na,K-ATPase regulator which could play an important role in neuronal excitability. ..
- Petit J, Tobler I, Allaman I, Borbély A, Magistretti P. Sleep deprivation modulates brain mRNAs encoding genes of glycogen metabolism. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;16:1163-7 pubmed
- Stetefeld J, Alexandrescu A, Maciejewski M, Jenny M, Rathgeb Szabo K, Schulthess T, et al. Modulation of agrin function by alternative splicing and Ca2+ binding. Structure. 2004;12:503-15 pubmed..The plasticity of the interaction interface could enable different splice forms of agrin to select between multiple binding partners. ..
- Mutch D, Simmering R, Donnicola D, Fotopoulos G, Holzwarth J, Williamson G, et al. Impact of commensal microbiota on murine gastrointestinal tract gene ontologies. Physiol Genomics. 2004;19:22-31 pubmed
- Ivanov D, Emonet C, Foata F, Affolter M, Delley M, Fisseha M, et al. A serpin from the gut bacterium Bifidobacterium longum inhibits eukaryotic elastase-like serine proteases. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17246-52 pubmed
- Mueller P, Massner J, Jayachandran R, Combaluzier B, Albrecht I, Gatfield J, et al. Regulation of T cell survival through coronin-1-mediated generation of inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate and calcium mobilization after T cell receptor triggering. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:424-31 pubmed publisher..We conclude that coronin-1, through activation of Ca2+ release from intracellular stores, is an essential regulator of peripheral lymphocyte survival. ..
- Beerli R, Bauer M, Buser R, Gwerder M, Muntwiler S, Maurer P, et al. Isolation of human monoclonal antibodies by mammalian cell display. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14336-41 pubmed publisher..The human nicotine-specific mAbs were validated preclinically in a mouse model. Thus, the technology presented here allows for rapid isolation of high-affinity, fully human antibodies with therapeutic potential from human volunteers. ..
- Marone R, Erhart D, Mertz A, Bohnacker T, Schnell C, Cmiljanovic V, et al. Targeting melanoma with dual phosphoinositide 3-kinase/mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:601-13 pubmed publisher..Based on the above results, NVP-BEZ235, which has entered phase I/II clinical trials in patients with advanced solid tumors, has a potential in metastatic melanoma therapy. ..
- Vadodaria K, Brakebusch C, Suter U, Jessberger S. Stage-specific functions of the small Rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1 for adult hippocampal neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2013;33:1179-89 pubmed publisher..These results establish cell-autonomous and stage-specific functions for the small Rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1 in the course of adult hippocampal neurogenesis. ..
- Pauls T, Cox J, Berchtold M. The Ca2+(-)binding proteins parvalbumin and oncomodulin and their genes: new structural and functional findings. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1306:39-54 pubmed
- Maly I, Crotet V, Toranelli M. The so-called "testis-specific aldehyde dehydrogenase" corresponds to type 2 retinaldehyde dehydrogenase in the mouse. Histochem Cell Biol. 2003;119:169-74 pubmed..The tissue distribution as well as substrate specificity and isoelectric points indicate that the "testis-specific aldehyde dehydrogenase" corresponds to mouse type 2 retinaldehyde dehydrogenase. ..
- Restuccia D, Hynx D, Hemmings B. Loss of PKB?/Akt2 predisposes mice to ovarian cyst formation and increases the severity of polycystic ovary formation in vivo. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:403-11 pubmed publisher..Targeted therapeutic augmentation of specific PKB? signaling could therefore provide a new avenue for the treatment and management of ovarian cysts. ..
- Roger T, Delaloye J, Chanson A, Giddey M, Le Roy D, Calandra T. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor deficiency is associated with impaired killing of gram-negative bacteria by macrophages and increased susceptibility to Klebsiella pneumoniae sepsis. J Infect Dis. 2013;207:331-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that MIF is a key mediator of host responses against gram-negative bacteria, acting in part via a modulation of bacterial killing by macrophages. ..
- van den Broek M, Spörri R, Even C, Plagemann P, Hänseler E, Hengartner H, et al. Lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus (LDV): lifelong coexistence of virus and LDV-specific immunity. J Immunol. 1997;159:1585-8 pubmed
- Kuhn F, Andres A. pmg-1, a novel gene specifically expressed during the invasive growth phase of the mammary gland at puberty. FEBS Lett. 1997;413:65-9 pubmed..To our knowledge this represents the first isolation of a gene specifically associated with the induction of mammary epithelial invasiveness at puberty. ..
- Weis J, Kaussen M, Calvo S, Buonanno A. Denervation induces a rapid nuclear accumulation of MRF4 in mature myofibers. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:438-51 pubmed
- Beer H, Munding C, Dubois N, Mamie C, Hohl D, Werner S. The estrogen-responsive B box protein: a novel regulator of keratinocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:20740-9 pubmed
- Elzaouk L, Leimbacher W, Turri M, Ledermann B, Burki K, Blau N, et al. Dwarfism and low insulin-like growth factor-1 due to dopamine depletion in Pts-/- mice rescued by feeding neurotransmitter precursors and H4-biopterin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28303-11 pubmed..This is the first link shown between 6-pyruvoyltetrahydropterin synthase- or BH4-biosynthetic activity and IGF-1...
- Atanasoski S, Scherer S, Sirkowski E, Leone D, Garratt A, Birchmeier C, et al. ErbB2 signaling in Schwann cells is mostly dispensable for maintenance of myelinated peripheral nerves and proliferation of adult Schwann cells after injury. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2124-31 pubmed..We conclude that adult Schwann cells do not require major neuregulin signaling through erbB2 for proliferation and survival after nerve injury, in contrast to development and in cell culture. ..
- Panman L, Galli A, Lagarde N, Michos O, Soete G, Zuniga A, et al. Differential regulation of gene expression in the digit forming area of the mouse limb bud by SHH and gremlin 1/FGF-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal signalling. Development. 2006;133:3419-28 pubmed
- Bedu E, Desplanches D, Pequignot J, Bordier B, Desvergne B. Double gene deletion reveals the lack of cooperation between PPARalpha and PPARbeta in skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:877-81 pubmed..In conclusion, PPARbeta is not required for maintaining skeletal muscle metabolic activity and does not compensate the lack of PPARalpha in PPARalpha null mice. ..
- Haas E, Bhattacharya I, Brailoiu E, Damjanovic M, Brailoiu G, Gao X, et al. Regulatory role of G protein-coupled estrogen receptor for vascular function and obesity. Circ Res. 2009;104:288-91 pubmed publisher..Deletion of the GPER gene in mice abrogates vascular effects of GPER activation and is associated with visceral obesity. These findings suggest novel roles for GPER in protecting from cardiovascular disease and obesity. ..
- Bénazet J, Bischofberger M, Tiecke E, Gonçalves A, Martin J, Zuniga A, et al. A self-regulatory system of interlinked signaling feedback loops controls mouse limb patterning. Science. 2009;323:1050-3 pubmed publisher..This self-regulatory signaling network results in robust regulation of distal limb development that is able to compensate for variations by interconnectivity among the three signaling pathways. ..
- Thammacharoen S, Geary N, Lutz T, Ogawa S, Asarian L. Divergent effects of estradiol and the estrogen receptor-alpha agonist PPT on eating and activation of PVN CRH neurons in ovariectomized rats and mice. Brain Res. 2009;1268:88-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, the rapid induction of c-Fos in CRH-expressing cells in the PVN by PPT suggests that PPT elicits a neural response that is similar to that elicited by stress or aversive emotional stimuli. ..
- Zaiss A, Vilaysane A, Cotter M, Clark S, Meijndert H, Colarusso P, et al. Antiviral antibodies target adenovirus to phagolysosomes and amplify the innate immune response. J Immunol. 2009;182:7058-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results illustrate a cross-talk where the adaptive immune system positively regulates the innate immune system and the antiviral state. ..
- Jurisic G, Sundberg J, Bleich A, Leiter E, Broman K, Buechler G, et al. Quantitative lymphatic vessel trait analysis suggests Vcam1 as candidate modifier gene of inflammatory bowel disease. Genes Immun. 2010;11:219-31 pubmed publisher..VCAM1 is, therefore, a promising therapeutic target for IBD. ..
- Ives A, Ronet C, Prevel F, Ruzzante G, Fuertes Marraco S, Schutz F, et al. Leishmania RNA virus controls the severity of mucocutaneous leishmaniasis. Science. 2011;331:775-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, LRV1 in the metastasizing parasites subverted the host immune response to Leishmania and promoted parasite persistence...
- Karuna R, Park R, Othman A, Holleboom A, Motazacker M, Sutter I, et al. Plasma levels of sphingosine-1-phosphate and apolipoprotein M in patients with monogenic disorders of HDL metabolism. Atherosclerosis. 2011;219:855-63 pubmed publisher..Apolipoprotein M (apoM) has been identified as a specific sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P) binding protein of HDL...
- Hamann S, Métrailler S, Schorderet D, Cottet S. Analysis of the cytoprotective role of ?-crystallins in cell survival and implication of the ?A-crystallin C-terminal extension domain in preventing Bax-induced apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55372 pubmed publisher..They further suggest that ?A-crystallin-derived peptides might be sufficient to promote cytoprotective action in response to apoptotic cell death. ..
- Vulto van Silfhout A, Rajamanickam S, Jensik P, Vergult S, De Rocker N, Newhall K, et al. Mutations affecting the SAND domain of DEAF1 cause intellectual disability with severe speech impairment and behavioral problems. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:649-61 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mutations in DEAF1 cause ID and behavioral problems, most likely as a result of impaired transcriptional regulation by DEAF1...
- Sevigny J, Chiao P, Bussiere T, Weinreb P, Williams L, Maier M, et al. The antibody aducanumab reduces A? plaques in Alzheimer's disease. Nature. 2016;537:50-6 pubmed publisher..These results justify further development of aducanumab for the treatment of AD. Should the slowing of clinical decline be confirmed in ongoing phase 3 clinical trials, it would provide compelling support for the amyloid hypothesis. ..
- Stranden A, Staeheli P, Pavlovic J. Function of the mouse Mx1 protein is inhibited by overexpression of the PB2 protein of influenza virus. Virology. 1993;197:642-51 pubmed..These findings support the view that Mx1 exerts its antiviral activity by interfering with the function of the influenza virus polymerase subunit PB2. ..
- Zakany J, Gerard M, Favier B, Potter S, Duboule D. Functional equivalence and rescue among group 11 Hox gene products in vertebral patterning. Dev Biol. 1996;176:325-8 pubmed..The phenotypic rescue of these genotypes shows that the Hoxa-11 and Hoxd-11 products are functionally equivalent and that extra doses of Hoxd-11 can rescue Hoxa-11 loss of function. ..
- Haas C, Ryffel B, Le Hir M. IFN-gamma receptor deletion prevents autoantibody production and glomerulonephritis in lupus-prone (NZB x NZW)F1 mice. J Immunol. 1998;160:3713-8 pubmed..Thus, the absence of glomerulonephritis in BWgammaR(-/-) mice is likely due to a dramatic yet unexplained effect of the inactivation of IFN-gamma signaling on autoAb production...
- Zhou D, Dinter A, Gutierrez Gallego R, Kamerling J, Vliegenthart J, Berger E, et al. A beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase with poly-N-acetyllactosamine synthase activity is structurally related to beta-1,3-galactosyltransferases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:406-11 pubmed..This suggests that the conserved amino acid motifs likely represent residues required for the catalysis of the glycosidic (beta1-3) linkage. ..
- Khatib K, Belin D. A novel class of secA alleles that exert a signal-sequence-dependent effect on protein export in Escherichia coli. Genetics. 2002;162:1031-43 pubmed
- Otten L, Tacchini Cottier F, Lohoff M, Annunziato F, Cosmi L, Scarpellino L, et al. Deregulated MHC class II transactivator expression leads to a strong Th2 bias in CD4+ T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2003;170:1150-7 pubmed..These results imply that CIITA is not a direct Th1-specific repressor of the IL-4 gene and that tight control over the expression of CIITA and MHC-II is required to maintain the normal balance between Th1 and Th2 responses. ..
- Storni T, Ruedl C, Schwarz K, Schwendener R, Renner W, Bachmann M. Nonmethylated CG motifs packaged into virus-like particles induce protective cytotoxic T cell responses in the absence of systemic side effects. J Immunol. 2004;172:1777-85 pubmed..Thus, packaging CpGs into VLPs improves both their immunogenicity and pharmacodynamics...
- Ludewig B, Krebs P, Metters H, Tatzel J, Tureci O, Sahin U. Molecular characterization of virus-induced autoantibody responses. J Exp Med. 2004;200:637-46 pubmed
- Wagner C, Loffing Cueni D, Yan Q, Schulz N, Fakitsas P, Carrel M, et al. Mouse model of type II Bartter's syndrome. II. Altered expression of renal sodium- and water-transporting proteins. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F1373-80 pubmed publisher..These adaptive changes in Romk(-/-) mice may help to limit renal Na(+) loss, and thereby, contribute to survival of these mice. ..
- Burgener I, Jungi T. Antibodies specific for human or murine Toll-like receptors detect canine leukocytes by flow cytometry. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;124:184-91 pubmed publisher..None of these nine antibodies recognized paraformaldehyde-treated (4%) canine leukocytes but all except 40C1285.6, TLR3.7 and 5G5 recognized methanol-fixed cells, suggesting that they might be useful also in immunohistochemistry. ..
- Weber A, Boger R, Vick B, Urbanik T, Haybaeck J, Zoller S, et al. Hepatocyte-specific deletion of the antiapoptotic protein myeloid cell leukemia-1 triggers proliferation and hepatocarcinogenesis in mice. Hepatology. 2010;51:1226-36 pubmed publisher..Our findings might have implications for understanding apoptosis-related human liver diseases. ..
- Soshnikova N, Montavon T, Leleu M, Galjart N, Duboule D. Functional analysis of CTCF during mammalian limb development. Dev Cell. 2010;19:819-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, at least in this physiological context, rather than being an insulator, CTCF is required for cell survival via the direct transcriptional regulation of target genes critical for cellular homeostasis. ..
- Bednarek E, Caroni P. ?-Adducin is required for stable assembly of new synapses and improved memory upon environmental enrichment. Neuron. 2011;69:1132-46 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that synapse disassembly and the establishment of new synapses are both critically important for augmented long-term learning and memory upon environmental enrichment. ..
- Grimm C, Reme C. Light damage as a model of retinal degeneration. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;935:87-97 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the methods for short-term exposures (within the hours range) to bright full-spectrum white light and for short exposures (seconds to minutes) to high-energy monochromatic blue or green light...
- Tobler A, Schreiber E, Fontana A. The human Oct-6 POU transcription factor lacks the first 50 amino acids of its murine counterpart. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:1043 pubmed
- Wilson A, MacDonald H. Expression of genes encoding the pre-TCR and CD3 complex during thymus development. Int Immunol. 1995;7:1659-64 pubmed..Detectable surface expression of both CD3 and TCR beta are delayed relative to expression of the corresponding genes, suggesting the existence of other (as yet unidentified) components of the pre-TCR complex. ..
- Juge Aubry C, Hammar E, Siegrist Kaiser C, Pernin A, Takeshita A, Chin W, et al. Regulation of the transcriptional activity of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha by phosphorylation of a ligand-independent trans-activating domain. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:10505-10 pubmed..These observations suggest that the AF-1 region of PPARalpha is partially silenced by corepressor proteins, which might interact in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. ..
- Rolink A, Winkler T, Melchers F, Andersson J. Precursor B cell receptor-dependent B cell proliferation and differentiation does not require the bone marrow or fetal liver environment. J Exp Med. 2000;191:23-32 pubmed..It appears unlikely that a ligand for the pre-BCR drives this pre-B cell proliferation. ..
- Engering A, Pieters J. Association of distinct tetraspanins with MHC class II molecules at different subcellular locations in human immature dendritic cells. Int Immunol. 2001;13:127-34 pubmed..Selective association of distinct tetraspanins may be involved in the regulation of MHC class II distribution in human dendritic cells. ..
- Boison D, Scheurer L, Zumsteg V, Rülicke T, Litynski P, Fowler B, et al. Neonatal hepatic steatosis by disruption of the adenosine kinase gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6985-90 pubmed..Thus, a deficiency in adenosine metabolism is identified as a powerful contributor to the development of neonatal hepatic steatosis, providing a model for the rapid development of postnatally lethal fatty liver. ..
- Auberson M, Hoffmann Pochon N, Vandewalle A, Kellenberger S, Schild L. Epithelial Na+ channel mutants causing Liddle's syndrome retain ability to respond to aldosterone and vasopressin. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;285:F459-71 pubmed
- Capone M, Lees R, Finke D, Ernst B, Meerwijk J, MacDonald H. Selective absence of CD8+ TCRalpha beta+ intestinal epithelial cells in transgenic mice expressing beta2-microglobulin-associated ligands exclusively on thymic cortical epithelium. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1471-7 pubmed..Collectively, our data reveal an unexpected difference in the regulation of CD8(+) T cell homeostasis by beta2m-associated ligands in the intestine as compared to peripheral lymphoid organs. ..
- Markram K, Gerardy Schahn R, Sandi C. Selective learning and memory impairments in mice deficient for polysialylated NCAM in adulthood. Neuroscience. 2007;144:788-96 pubmed
- Ferrero I, Grosjean F, Fiorini E, MacDonald H. A critical lineage-nonspecific role for pTalpha in mediating allelic and isotypic exclusion in TCRbeta-transgenic mice. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:3220-8 pubmed..Collectively, our data reveal a critical but lineage-nonspecific role for pTalpha in mediating both allelic and isotypic exclusion in TCRbeta-transgenic mice. ..
- Glauser D, Schlegel W. The FoxO/Bcl-6/cyclin D2 pathway mediates metabolic and growth factor stimulation of proliferation in Min6 pancreatic beta-cells. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2009;29:293-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, in pancreatic beta-cells, the FoxO/Bcl6/cyclin D2 pathway connects nutrient and growth factor status to cell cycle control, and may therefore be considered for its therapeutic potential in diabetes. ..
- Perez A, Wright M, Maugeais C, Braendli Baiocco A, Okamoto H, Takahashi A, et al. MARCO, a macrophage scavenger receptor highly expressed in rodents, mediates dalcetrapib-induced uptake of lipids by rat and mouse macrophages. Toxicol In Vitro. 2010;24:745-50 pubmed publisher..MARCO was expressed at very low levels in human macrophages and was not inducible by LPS. The MARCO receptor may account for the variable species susceptibility towards dalcetrapib-mediated chylomicron uptake by macrophages. ..
- Kulak A, Duarte J, Do K, Gruetter R. Neurochemical profile of the developing mouse cortex determined by in vivo 1H NMR spectroscopy at 14.1 T and the effect of recurrent anaesthesia. J Neurochem. 2010;115:1466-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the high sensitivity and reproducibility of the measurements achieved at 14 T allowed us to identify developmental variations of cortical areas within the mouse cortex. ..
- Klein T, Abgottspon D, Wittwer M, Rabbani S, Herold J, Jiang X, et al. FimH antagonists for the oral treatment of urinary tract infections: from design and synthesis to in vitro and in vivo evaluation. J Med Chem. 2010;53:8627-41 pubmed publisher..With FimH antagonist, the great potential for the effective treatment of urinary tract infections with a new class of orally available antiinfectives could be demonstrated. ..
- Schwager K, Bootz F, Imesch P, Kaspar M, Trachsel E, Neri D. The antibody-mediated targeted delivery of interleukin-10 inhibits endometriosis in a syngeneic mouse model. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:2344-52 pubmed publisher..The F8 antibody targets endometriotic lesions in vivo in a mouse model of endometriosis and may be used for the non-invasive imaging of the disease and for the pharmacodelivery of anti-inflammatory cytokines, such as IL10. ..
- Deffert C, Carnesecchi S, Yuan H, Rougemont A, Kelkka T, Holmdahl R, et al. Hyperinflammation of chronic granulomatous disease is abolished by NOX2 reconstitution in macrophages and dendritic cells. J Pathol. 2012;228:341-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, CGD hyperinflammation is a redox dysregulation in mononuclear phagocytes, demonstrating a cell type-specific anti-inflammatory function of NOX2. ..
- Schaeuble K, Hauser M, Rippl A, Bruderer R, Otero C, Groettrup M, et al. Ubiquitylation of the chemokine receptor CCR7 enables efficient receptor recycling and cell migration. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4463-74 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a novel function of receptor ubiquitylation in the regulation of CCR7 recycling and immune cell migration. ..
- Elhajj Z, Cachot A, MÃ¼ller T, Riederer I, Riederer B. Effects of postmortem delays on protein composition and oxidation. Brain Res Bull. 2016;121:98-104 pubmed publisher..When studying human brain tissue, some proteins are more susceptible to degradation than others, while ubiquitination and carbonylation were little affected during the first 24h after death. ..
- Meier V, Bohni R, Schumperli D. Nucleotide sequence of two mouse histone H4 genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:795 pubmed
- Jenne D, Rey C, Haefliger J, Qiao B, Groscurth P, Tschopp J. Identification and sequencing of cDNA clones encoding the granule-associated serine proteases granzymes D, E, and F of cytolytic T lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:4814-8 pubmed..Immunoelectron microscopic studies demonstrated that granzymes D, E, and F are present in the same morphologically distinct cytoplasmic granules in which perforin has been found previously. ..
- Matouschek A, Rospert S, Schmid K, Glick B, Schatz G. Cyclophilin catalyzes protein folding in yeast mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:6319-23 pubmed..In these mitochondria, protein folding was insensitive to cyclosporin A. The rate of protein import was not affected by cyclosporin A or by deletion of Cpr3p. ..
- Paccaud J, Reith W, Carpentier J, Ravazzola M, Amherdt M, Schekman R, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of mammalian homologues of the COPII component Sec23. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:1535-46 pubmed..The exact function of hSec23Bp remains to be determined. ..
- Hasan S, Hassa P, Imhof R, Hottiger M. Transcription coactivator p300 binds PCNA and may have a role in DNA repair synthesis. Nature. 2001;410:387-91 pubmed..Our results suggest that p300 may participate in chromatin remodelling at DNA lesion sites to facilitate PCNA function in DNA repair synthesis. ..
- Paratore C, Goerich D, Suter U, Wegner M, Sommer L. Survival and glial fate acquisition of neural crest cells are regulated by an interplay between the transcription factor Sox10 and extrinsic combinatorial signaling. Development. 2001;128:3949-61 pubmed..Failures in fate decision processes might thus contribute to the etiology of Waardenburg/Hirschsprung disease. ..